Reviews of Freepoint Hotel 4 stars

220 Alewife Brook Parkway, Cambridge, MA 02138 , USA

#12 of 17 hotels in Cambridge

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Nice modern and clean property.
    • Deluxe King Studio

They ran out of food so couldn’t have breakfast and staff was rude. Charged $16 for parking which is crazy given the location and availability of parking.

Nice modern and clean property.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

The hotel staff were professional and knowledgeable about...
    • Deluxe Queen Studio

The only bad thing about the too was the tub, there were parts chipping away and old looking but the rest of the bathroom was up to date.

The hotel staff were professional and knowledgeable about the area when asked about events in the area. The beds were very comfortable and the room was very spacious.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

• Deluxe King Studio

They walked us from the hotel to a property that was 30 minutes away. I was traveling a very long distance and on a very tight schedule. Despite my calling earlier in the day to inform them that I would be late, they called to inform me at 10pm that they had "no rooms". I was exhausted and adding several hours of additional traveling between the new hotel and my work location was truly a burden.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Loved the hotel, ambiance, outside sitting area, location and especially the shuttle service.
    • Deluxe King Studio

Bartender the night I checked didn't seem to possess the hospitality trait. I seemed like an inconvenience to her. So much so, that I wondered if there was "something extra" in the food that I ordered to take back to my room.

Room decor was perfect. Loved it.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Quick stay at Freepoint
    • Deluxe King Studio

No coffeemaker in the room, but there is a Starbucks attached to the hotel that opens early.

Quick stay at the Freepoint, but it met all of my expectations! I checked in late and was quickly greeted and checked-in. Rooms are very large! The room amenities and hotel style are very downtown chic - love it!

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

My stay was very disappointing.
    • Deluxe King Studio

No coffee in room. No room service even though the receptionist said there was. Restaurant: food was good but there was no real restaurant, just a bar. Breakfast not included. No written information in the room about the hotel or Cambridge. AfterI had booked my Uber ride, I saw a hotel van in front of the hotel. I was told there was no hotel van. I was charged more than the rate I was given at Booking.com.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Pleasant boutique hotel in West Cambridge.
    • Deluxe Queen Studio

Noticeable noise from hall & next room. Hard to get front desk to answer from room or when calling for shuttle pickup. No towel rack in bathroom.

Very nice rooms overall, comfortable bed, convenient location, free shuttle to Harvard Square.

Nice hip hotel, super close to Harvard and easy access to downtown Boston.
    • Deluxe King Studio

Would love it if it came with breakfast. But hey at leat they have breakfast available.

Location was good and the decor was really cute. The shower was amazing and the bed was super comfy.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

The hotel was newly renovate and you can tell, but not impressed about the services.
    • Deluxe Queen Studio

The beds were so uncomfortable!!! I had to sleep on the couch!!! The bottle of water in the fridge was $4!!!

The room and the bathroom was clean and we had lots of outlets to charge our phones and IWatches all in the same time.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Nicely updated.
    • Deluxe King Studio

Nicely updated. Perfect for what we needed (a place to shower and sleep before we ventured out again). Conveniently located near the T (made traveling around the area much easier).

Great experience
    • Deluxe Queen Studio

The check in staff couldn't have been nicer. The room was clean and modern. The location was great. I would definitely stay there again! I wish we took advantage of the free shuttle!!

Staff were nice.
    • Deluxe Queen Studio

The air conditioner sounded like a jackhammer. The shower didn't look like it was cleaned between guests. Crazy that they charge $16/ night for parking.

Staff were nice. Room was big and clean.

The room was very nice and clean, the common space was also...
    • Deluxe King Studio

The restaurant was not really working. I had dinner there one evening and the guy at the bar looked very bored. The food was less than mediocre.

The room was very nice and clean, the common space was also nice, but slightly less clean.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

the shuttle to Harvard is convenient and the seating area...
    • Deluxe King Studio

Saw a waterbug in the washroom and freaked me out. Never seen one before and it was huge. Only saw one just before I was checking out though.

the shuttle to Harvard is convenient and the seating area downstairs is very nice and relaxing. The whole foods next door is a nice quick stop for food when the kitchen isn't open.

Wish we could have stayed longer.
    • Deluxe King Studio

Fridge in room does not have a freezer section. No microwave in room. Our trip was too short to mind, but if we stayed for longer, these would have been the only negatives.

Excellent if you need quiet. The room was very quiet, and even the air-conditioning could be turned down to be effective and yet very quiet. Also very clean and comfortable.

Great place, great find!
    • Deluxe Queen Studio

Needs storage in the bathroom

We liked the shuttle, and the bar and the restaurant , the beds were comfy, and the air conditioning was super quiet. And we thought the garden was beautiful.

Very comfortable
    • Deluxe Queen Studio

The room was a bit small. And there was no pool on the property. No coffee maker or microwave in the room but we were told they could bring them to us if needed. We ended up paying an extra $100 in hotel taxes and parking fees above and beyond our room rate for 2 nights. An extra $50 per night is a bit much!

The whole decor was beautiful and inviting especially the lobby and sitting areas around the restaurant. The beds were comfortable and the room had a cute little sitting area with an l shaped couch and a round table. The bathroom fixtures were fabulous! The shower was awesome! Loved the soaps and shampoos! Parking was super easy and close to the front and only Entrance. Although they did charge us $16 per day for parking which was a bit much.

Boutique, clean, new, centrally located - excellent value
    • Deluxe Queen Studio

It's in a busy place and no where around to walk to - but not a problem thanks to the shuttles!

Lovely boutique hotel. Central location and they have shuttles to the subway and to Harvard square. It was really clean and everyone was really helpful. I'd stay again for sure.

Very disappointed
    • Deluxe Queen Studio

Shuttle pick one hour late, staff we're rude and not helpful (arrogant). Still trying to finalize my account. Charge for parking when there seems to be free parking everywhere. Very expensive 400% increase from first night to last night only stay three nights. Stay away

Beds were comfortable

Terrible, overpriced, rude staff and they charge $16 A day for parking.
    • Deluxe King Studio

The staff at reception on booking in was the rudest we have ever encountered. The room was small, the bathroom tiny and dysfunctional. The hotel has been recently renovated and claims 4 star. This place felt like 2 star.We asked for a microwave to boil water and was told that 4 star hotels dont provide such amenities but will get us one anyway. It never arrived!! Way overpriced; we cancelled our second night and moved to a Best Western that was half the price and twice as nice plus breakfast. Don't spend a cent here at this place.It is the worst experience we have had for many years.

There was nothing to like about this hotel.

Nice place, rude front desk staff
    • Deluxe Queen Studio

Front desk staff are pretty rude. They lost my reservation and gave me an argument about it even after I showed them the confirmed reservation on the booking.com app. Finally they gave me a room at the rate I reserved and acted like they were doing me a favor. Then they double charged my credit card for the stay and when I called them about it I again got an argument and had to dispute the charge with my credit card company. So they need to train their front desk staff in how to use their computer system and in basic courtesy. The bartender is a great guy however, very friendly.

Nice place, clean and quiet

Modern look
    • Deluxe King Studio

-no room service -no toothpaste available -bar didn’t open until 5 and sit down restaurant wasn’t available due to a party taking place there

Modern look

Nice stay.
    • Deluxe Queen Studio

Too expensive for location. Wouldn’t honor reduced rate available after reservation, even though not a prepaid reservation.

Clean. Comfortable beds! Nice style.

Stylish, super comfy, great shuttle
    • Deluxe Queen Studio

Probably one of the most stylish rooms I have ever stayed in - I LOVED the decor and it was SO comfortable. I also appreciated the shuttle service to the Red Line.

Excellent value and pet friendly
    • Deluxe King Studio

Had to ask for a coffee maker in the room (but it arrived promptly:Telephone didn’t work: television kept shutting down. Not sure why

Great hotel. Large, spacious room with very comfortable bed. Starbucks, Whole Foods next door and Trader Joes across the street. It’s also pet friendly and there’s a wonderful off-leash park nearby

Excellent comfortable and friendly experience!

No complaints whatsoever.

Staff went above and beyond to provide us a handicapped room and a coffee maker with no upcharge. All were super friendly and understanding! Will definitely return. Love the Whole Foods adjacent to the property. Great way to have dinner in!

The location was good for our purposes.
    • Deluxe Queen Studio

The bath tub looked dirty and old, tge paint was chipped. The second night, the staff said tgere was a fire burst so the water was cut off from 11pm until 5 am. I know it is unexpected but it stressed us out. The staff provided small bottles of water but no discount, to our surprise.

The location was good for our purposes. It was modern.

Worth every single dollar i spent here. Good value for money, clean rooms and spacious.
    • Deluxe Queen Studio

There was no microwave of coffee maker in room.

Property was clean and well built. Lounge was also comfortable with both inside and outside seating arrangement. Staff was friendly and free shuttle service made life easier.

Comfortable rooms and bathrooms, decent location
    • Deluxe King Studio

I don't like having to pay for parking, and $16/day is way too high. Considering that this is practically a suburban location, I will definitely reconsider staying here again when there are options nearby that do not charge for parking.

Clean, comfortable rooms.

I enjoyed my stay overall and would probably stay here again.
    • Deluxe King Studio

Could hear a bit of outside sound coming from the hallway and Parking was pretty tight.

Loved the contemporary styling and the bed was super comfortable.

Very convenient to Rt. 2/3/16 and Alewife Station. Also next door to Starbucks and Whole Foods.
    • Deluxe King Studio

We were charged $16 to park in the lot overnight. The hotel sits in its parking lot, so this seemed out of line with customary practices that I’ve seen. Also, it was not mentioned in their listing or pricing.

The desk staff was very welcoming, the decor and furnishings were new, and the shower was great.

We had a delightful stay on our visit to Cambridge.

stairway door was loud

The bed was super comfy, lighting just right for relaxing, heat worked consistently and quietly, shower was lovely, coffee in the bar was strong and tasty, staff we met were all friendly and professional.

Such a fun overnight shopping trip to Boston and to visit my son. Perfect property for a getaway.
    • Deluxe Queen Studio

Would love a coffee maker in room for late night tea.

Room fairly spacious and comfortable. Love the interesting lobby. Location convenient to many stores and walkable to the T. Free shuttle to Harvard Square is amazing.

Overall my stay was good.
    • Deluxe King Studio

I did not like the fact that they did not have a coffee maker in the room and that breakfast was a la carte with very limited options.

Overall the room was very nice and the bed was very comfortable overall cleanliness was good and the hotel staff tried to be helpful in whatever way possible. They have a shuttle service that will pick up and drop off at two metro stations at half hour intervals, which I think was excellent.

The room (and the hotel in general) is recently built (or...
    • Deluxe King Studio

Downtown is 30 min away with public transportation.

The room (and the hotel in general) is recently built (or renewed). The room was super clean, the mattress amazing and the tv screen at least 45”.

Nice, but expensive.
    • Deluxe King Studio

No coffee maker in a room, pillows are uncomfortable. Very expressive.

The bed is very comfortable, the bathroom is new and nice. Everething is clean. Starbucks in the same building and the whole foods around the corner. Free shuttle to Harvard.

Good experience of staying but very unclear communication and bill payment.
    • Deluxe King Studio

I got unfair charge of a bottle of wine when I checked out. I didn't take any mini bar and hotel charged me to my credit card without informing me and now still not response to my response to cancel that transaction on my credit card.

Very nice hotel in proximity of public transport.
    • Deluxe King Studio

The hotel is very new and modern. Nice breakfast a la carte. The rooms were really nice, with Internet TV, mini-bar, fridge etc. The next T-station is about 5 minutes away. There are shops and restaurants next to the hotel.

Very nice hotel in proximity of public transport. I can definitely recommend it as long as one does not mind traveling about 20 minutes into Boston.

Great redo of an older suburban hotel.
    • Deluxe King Studio

Not quite on the beaten path, but the shuttle makes Harvard easily accessible.

Great redo of an older suburban hotel. They got that W-like vibe just right. And I'm a Starbucks junkie so it's great to have that onsite.

Good option if you don't mind being a bit out of the city.
    • Deluxe King Studio

The staff was not overly friendly and the restaurant dishes and tables were not clean. For being that far out of the city, I would expect a better price.

The room was lovely and clean. Comfy bed.

Disappointing stay
    • Deluxe King Studio

Room was right next to the Reception Counter and phones at the reception kept ringing all night that I could hear. Also, there were disturbing plumbing noises from other rooms that could be heard all night.

Good bedding and bathroom essentials.

Will select another location to stay when I'm in the area again.
    • Deluxe King Studio

No coffee pot in room. Caulking at corners of tub old, black, cracked and potentially growing mold. Unclear if rooms are vacuumed or if staff just eats while they clean. Stepped on chocolate chip next to bed. Difficult to enter and exit parking in front of hotel as it's located at a turn-about.

Comfortable bed.

For what it cost it was disappointing.
    • Deluxe King Studio

There were no coffee making facilities in the room or downstairs. You had to request it. Parking cost $16 a day which was no mentioned when booking.

Room very clean and bed was lovely and comfortable.

Good choice in terms of the location, surrounding and comfort of the room
    • Deluxe King Studio

Very good location. Starbuck in the same building, nearby shopping centre and lovely lake with a wonderful running circle route approx. 3.5km and less than 1km to the subway station. Very comfortable bed and nice room.

The Bed was very comfortable!
    • Deluxe King Studio

It was all good! I was only there for 2 nights, and I got decent sleep and hot showers! The Staff was very helpful!

The Bed was very comfortable! The TV was good! And having a Whole Foods store right next door was very convenient!

Keeping a mini bar without even an option to close
    • Deluxe Queen Studio

Keeping a mini bar without even an option to close It could have been little more spacious. Initially they demanded $16 per night parking fee which was not mentioned anywhere during booking. The staff on request waived

Hip, modern community spaces and decor, very convenient location... will definitely return!
    • Deluxe Queen Studio

The overall vibe was hip, clean, comfortable. Complimentary shuttle service throughout Cambridge was an awesome perk - we hopped it to and from Harvard Square

Overall it was a good stay.
    • Deluxe King Studio

When we just got there the staff had not prepared our room & they had a hard timing finding a room for us. They said that when you book through a third party that you are not guaranteed a room, which made me angry so they gave us free parking for making us wait.

The Hotel was very clean off the bat. I liked that the room was very modern and the bathroom was beautiful. They provided his & her robes which was a nice touch. They used a high brand shampoo and conditioner.

Jeckyl & Hyde
    • Deluxe Queen Studio

Stayed on same floor, 3 days apart. Experience not as good as first visit. Some rooms need repairs and closer attention to cleaning. First visit was great. Would not recommend hotel based on most recent stay.

Very comfortable and Clean.
    • Deluxe King Studio

West Cambridge location a little removed but not bad.

Lots of common area space makes hotel very welcoming and comfortable. Great snacks and drinks in rooms which are impeccably clean. High quality toiletries and robes!

The hotel was very clean and nice with great people who were...
    • Deluxe Queen Studio

The hotel was very clean and nice with great people who were taking care of us well. The location is great, close to the food market and starbucks. Shuttle bus is also provided

We were happy with the very comfortable accommodations and enjoyed staying at the Freepoint Hotel.
    • Deluxe Queen Studio

I can't say that the room was spotless. Let's say that it was clean, but not spotless. There was what looked like a piece of onion peel on the window sill and a hair that wasn't mine in the bathtub.

We loved the comfort of the beds and linens. The duvets were great. Towels were luxurious. Slept really well. The decor and design of the room was a welcome change to normal hotel rooms. The bathroom products were also of good quality.

Modern looking, good position, rooms are clean and good...
    • Deluxe Queen Studio

The $16/night parking fee is absurd and looks like unfair: the Hotel is not in a central area and is surrounded by huge free parking lots (supermarkets/shops) so asking for 16 bucks a night for the parking there looked like a way to make more money out of the reservation. We thought that the $16 fee was required for some indoor/underground parking, but they charge that sum for just parking outside (in a parking lot accessible by everybody, with no gates).

Modern looking, good position, rooms are clean and good looking.

liked the couch/table in the room, well stocked mini bar...
    • Deluxe Queen Studio

price was quite high for booking thru a discount site, came to almost $300 per night

liked the couch/table in the room, well stocked mini bar with nice snacks and non-alcoholic drinks, variety of sitting spaces in common areas, Starbucks

Nice hotel but could have gone a long way
    • Deluxe King Studio

$16 a day for parking no hot water/coffee/tea in neither lobby or room no microwave anywhere

Designs comfort ice machine great TV nice size sofa

Great hotel and great price!
    • Deluxe Queen Studio

Luck of coffee maker in my room.

Super clean, very friendly stuff, modern decor. Very comfortable beds, great, crispy clean sheets. Quiet. Conveniently located, near Whole Foods. Great parking!

We plan to stay at Freepoint on our future Cambridge visits. It's a great hotel.
    • Deluxe King Studio

Breakfast was pricey although the food was good. We had to ask for coffee refills - and utensils.

We loved the free shuttle to Harvard Square that ran every hour and that there was plenty of parking at a reasonable rate - I believe we paid $19 per night for parking. There is a Starbucks attached to the hotel and a bar in the lobby - we enjoyed talking with the bartender, Frank. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the bed was fabulous. Our room was spotless.

wonderful

Location but the shuttle bus to Harvard Square was brilliant

Interior design was fantastic. The Hotel is in an odd location but they provide a free shuttle bus to Harvard Square. Don't be put off by the exterior it is a fantastic hotel, with lovely staff and great facilities

Very nice hotel but too expensive.
    • Deluxe Queen Studio

They don't offer free coffee in the room (coffeemaker), even water is charged separately.

Everything very clean! Shampoo and care products very good quality!

View of Tree point
    • Deluxe King Studio

1. The staff not very friendly 2. The AC noisy, switchining on and off all the time, I think it is,an old ac system. 4. It is very expensive. More expensive than what it offers 5. They charge a lot of taxis,

The furniture and toilet facilities. Also, the design and bedding

No coffee or coffee maker provided
    • Deluxe King Studio

The hotel provides many many foods, snacks, drinks, wines, but not even coffee or a coffee maker. This is quite uncommon. Is it because there's a Starbucks in the same building, the hotel wants help the Starbucks make more business?

Never again. Rip off. Terrible.
    • Deluxe Queen Studio

Door did not work...after three tries was moved to a room with limited shades and the big green Whole Foods sign shining in our window all night. Room decor was poor.

nothing...it was horrible

Overall we are happy with our stay.
    • Deluxe Queen Studio

There are no coffee makers in the room. They did not tell us during check in that they have coffee and breakfast available in the lounge.

Offers Shuttle to Harvard square. It saved us lot of time and the pain of finding parking there. Lounge is very spacious with comfortable seating and pool table

Great location and very comfortable stay!
    • Deluxe King Studio

Air conditioning sometimes might be noisy for sensitive guy. But this type of air-condition is very common in US Hotels.

Great Location, two supermarkets, several fast food brands coffees, one outlet just next to this hotel. Take T subway to Havard square take no more than a half hour. They also have free shuttle to Harvard Square.

Comfy and modern Hotel
    • Deluxe Queen Studio

Coule be pretty pricy in summer, not very close to City Centre of Boston, plus they charge you $16 per day for the parking.

Design hotel, modern, refreshing place to stay, close to Alewife station and Whole Foods.

Very Poor Stay
    • Deluxe Queen Studio

The room was dirty. The carpets in the hallway were really dirty and gross. I requested a quiet room because we have a 6:30 am flight. The room we were given was above the bar/restaurant and beside the elevator. There was a flood light outside the window that was on all night and only a thin screen to cover the window. Also, paying to work a car is typically well advertised. It was not for this hotel.

Actually, not much positive to comment on. The beds were comfortable.

The bed was comfortable.
    • Deluxe King Studio

No information about the hotel in the room. No info about the check out time. No info about the restaurant or bar in hotel. Biggest issue was there were only 2 small drawers for clothing. Where do they expect you to put your clothes???

The bed was comfortable. The towels were a great size and very soft.

Wonderful place to stay
    • Deluxe Queen Studio

Traffic is very busy. Nothing bad to say about the hotel and staff.

Located directly across from Fresh Pond which has a beautiful 2.5 mile running/walking path around it. I walked it every morning. Hotel very well done and extremely comfortable and quiet.

Very pleasantly surprised and worth a return
    • Deluxe King Studio

The menu at the hotel is pretty limited which was disappointing at first, but what I did order I absolutely enjoyed. (There are some things very nearby which could have been an option if I had time).

I wasn't sure what to expect, but had a really great experience. I had trouble getting on the wifi, but the staff were really wonderful and helpful. The bed and pillows were really comfortable and the towels were actually soft. The soap/hair products were really great. I liked the decor. I have stayed in some extremely expensive chain hotels and not had this good an experience. I would stay here again.

Good if you can get there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Deluxe Queen Studio

Hard to locate. Staff could not give me direction to the hotel I called 5 times before they stop asking me if I had GPS. Every has GPS is wasn't working. On the 5 call staff said we are next to Starbuck. We couldn't even see the hotel sign and none of the locals even knew the hotel existed. It wasn't until we arrived after 3 hours s driving around town when staff said the hotel used to be a Best Western. That would have been helpful 3 hrs ago during the 1st conversation. Some should be able to give customer directions to the hotel if they call.

Staff was nice. Hotel has modern accommodation.

It is within walking distance to the Alewife metro station,...
    • Deluxe King Studio

Not much of a view from the hotel.

It is within walking distance to the Alewife metro station, that's all. Whole Foods and Trader Joe's next door to get fresh fruits and juice . Rooms are clean and nicely decorated.

Breakfast not included in the price, but that was what we...
    • Deluxe King Studio

Not enough storage: two drawers and a rather small closet. The couch was along the same wall as the TV. Each day we got another subset of two bath towels, two hand towels, two washcloths and a bath mat.

Breakfast not included in the price, but that was what we wanted. It was possible to have breakfast there, and there was a Starbucks in the building. There was a bathtub and bathrobes were provided, as well as an umbrella, which we fortunately didn't need, like the iron and ironing board. There were a couch and table. The window could be opened. They provided a full-length mirror. Towels were thick and washcloths were included. Located next to a decent mall and close to a large park.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

No coffee maker in the room and no complementary coffee...
    • Deluxe Queen Studio

No coffee maker in the room and no complementary coffee downstairs? Literally every hotel I have ever stayed st has at least one or the other. Also we were told shuttle went only to train station, but we dropped people off out of the way making the drive much longer than we planned.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Thank you for an incredible stay!!!
    • Deluxe Queen Studio

I would have loved a pool. That's it!

The beds were amazing and loved the showers and robes. Such an extra touch. Wish hey had he complimentary breakfast that was listed on the website or my recommendation would be to update the website description.

Overnight get away!
    • Deluxe Queen Studio

The price for what the hotel offered was high - no breakfast, no pool and if you had children, the food and drinks were to easily accessible and would have cost parents a lot of money before they even realized what happened. That being said I got a great deal through Booking.com and I still think it was too much for what it offered - I would never pay full price for the room!

The outdoor fire pit was nice. The bill under the door was incorrect but the woman at the desk corrected the bill and was very nice. The shuttle service was a plus and the driver was very nice and helpful.