Reviews of Hotel Fusion, a C-Two Hotel 3 stars

140 Ellis Street, Union Square, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA

#121 of 230 hotels in San Francisco

Based on 1920 hotel reviews

• Standard Full Room

The bed wasn’t the most comfortable, mattress didn’t fit bed frame well and constantly hit legs off the side of the bed. Small rooms

In good location for getting around, plenty shopping near the hotel. Friendly reception staff

• Deluxe Queen - Disability Access

The staff were friendly. The location of the hotel was excellent. It was walking distance to the famed cablecar start point, near the Hop-on Hop-off stop, plenty of F&B options, there were nearby convenience stores / supermarkets and of course near retail shops. For F&B, it is near to Italian, Chinese, Indian and Thai restaurants that provided great variety.

• Standard Full Room

Very helpful and pleasant staff, the location of this hotel is perfect, everything you need is close by if you dont know the area, the hotel is very modern and clean and excellent value for money compared to other hotels in the area. fantastic stay.

• Standard Queen Room

Like people said before me, the hotel smells bad. The hallway to my room smelled aweful, and while my room was better, it still smelled bad and not the desired smell for your hotel room.

Pretty good location, relatively good price.

• Standard Queen Room

Rooms are a bit on the small size , not loads of space to hide suitcases. Bed very comfy but lethal base on ur shins and toes !!

Ideally located close to cable car , Union Square and shopping areas

Other than closets, little places to store clothing. Constant banging into base of bed.

Location. Location! Booked through Booking .com. Easy process & reasonable priced for San Francisco. This is a older hotel with an Asian motif. Deluxe King Room is the largest. & very comfortable.

Nothiing!

Location, location! Only a few blocks from Union Square. Restaurant & shopping near by. Deluxe King room is the largest but make sure you get the one that is pictured on Booking .com. There are several Deluxe King rooms, not all the same square footage. Shower was great with instant hot water & great pressure, too.

• Standard Full Room

The room was much smaller than expected - the bed took up 90% of the floor space. The bathroom window led out to some kind of chute. We expected more for the cost.

The location was great and the staff were very friendly.

• Room with Two Twin Beds

A bit close to the tenderloin area but as it's close to union square it is actually a really good location to be. Also very quick to all the tourist spots and if you want to head south to SoMa, you can walk it. Only one lift so a bit slow getting to our floor.

Any room with a fridge deserves kudos. As mentioned above location good and bad for different reasons. 24/7 front desk nice and friendly. They stored our bags for us on last day which was helpful. Bed comfy and shower was good.

The traditional pillows are very low and uncomfortable, however normal western pillows were provided when I asked.

Reception staff were friendly and helpful, although English understanding was limited. The Hotel was comfortable, we booked a twin room to have extra space for our luggage as the rooms are very small. We enjoyed our stay, especially the convenience of the nearby railway station.

• Standard Queen Room

Location, location, location. Extremely helpful and friendly staff. Good value, clean and good size rooms. The happy hour each day was a bonus. Bar snacks were good value and tasty also.

• Standard Full Room

The view and size of the room

The room was clean, but very small too much bulky furniture so was hard to move around the room. No view just looked out to a dirty wall. Staff at reception, restaurant and information was great and very helpful.

• Standard Full Room

Our room was so small and cramped, the sink was next to the bed. It was so hot and humid and super uncosy. I asked to be moved, they moved us the next morning due to people checking out. It was still cramped but better than the first room (and we are on our honeymoon) when booking here, be aware that most of the rooms are all different, make sure you get yourself a good sized room otherwise you will be stuck in a horrid cupboard of a room like we were!

The location was good, it is really central and you can practically walk/take the tram/ride the bus everywhere! There are so many breakfast cafes nearby, and restaurants round the corner from every street. The wifi has a good connection and even though the fitness gym was small it was good, great air con and very clean. They gave us a complimentary sparkling wine for our honeymoon which was sweet.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Day Bed

The personnel was really good and kind to us. We could leave our suitcases in a locked room after checkout to enjoy the rest of our last day there before our flight, that was a great feature! This hotel is a bit strange in the way that when you enter the lobby, it looks so posh and modern, then you go to your room and you’re like “ehh??” I read that most rooms in San Francisco were tiny before I booked so I fortunately booked a room with an extra sofa bed, we needed space with our 3 huge suitcases...! I’d say the room was just ok. Not great, not bad. Very old looking. Old plugs, old bathroom (but very big!), old bed, old air cond. Quite quiet as we were on the last floor. The view was quite ugly. The bed and pillows were comfy though :) ! The coffee machine was great and there was a fridge to leave our food. I read few reviews before checking in talking about bed bugs there, which made me way too anxious during the stay but I inspected the mattress and there was no sign of bed bugs, I didn’t get bites neither so ... I guess there wasn’t anymore! However, it was kinda weird there was a mattress protector with a zip, like I a lot of hotels but here there was a safety lock on the zip, so we couldn’t check the mattress properly. Also I think they don’t change these as they were lots of hairs and hair of previous guests or maids. A bit disgusting! The location is quite central in Union Square. Depends on what you’re looking for. Lots of shops around, a Walgreens and public transport available. Be aware in this area and around civic Center there are a huge amount of homeless people. I think the hotel was pricy but it was one of the cheapest in this area for a decent quality so I guess it was a good value for the price we paid!

• Standard Full Room

This Hotel was such a disappointment. Small and wet rooms, smallest beds fort 2 ever, noisy (specially the fridge and the AC). We hated our stay out there. The staf didn't even asked how it was for us at the end....i would not advice anyone to go there....

The location is amazing. The wifi is ok. The desk is fancy.

• Standard Queen Room

The hotel doesn't have anywhere to have a coffee during the day which made it difficult for business meetings and the business centre is located in the lobby (not a private room) and does not have a printer. The front desk offered to print my document if I emailed it to them but this wasn't possible as it contained sensitive information.

The hotel is brilliantly located right in the heart of San Francisco close to Union Square. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the bedroom was large and comfortable.

• Standard Queen Room

Unfortunately the bar was closed when I got back from theater - had looked forward to a nightcap.

Location is great, they have robes in the room, iron, ironing board and the best lit bathroom.

• Standard Queen Room

Our room had a terrible odour for our 1 night stay. We were pretty disappointed as we couldn't really escape it even with opening doors/windows. Other aspects of the place were okay considering it's San Francisco.

Hotel is in a good location, close to Union Square. Staff were friendly.

• Standard Queen Room

The mattress was extremely soft. I rotated it myself. The bed position required me to place a pillow on the floor to cover the sharp corner my wife jammed her toes on. Poor lay out of our room. Due to the filth of downtown San Francisco I would advise removing your shoes once in the room.

The staff are wonderful and very helpful.

• Standard Full Room

Central location near Union Square and 15 mins walk from Ferry Terminal Building. 24hr convenience store right around the corner. Hotel itself clean and had personality, with helpful staff. One perk was the good little gym downstairs which was not usually busy. Small rooms but perfectly fine for a base to explore San Francisco.

• Standard Double Room With Two Full Beds

the bathroom is very dated, you have to pay extra for wifi and a fridge if you want one. The ice machines were not on every floor and extremely slow to use.

Location right on fremont, and the wonderful bling bling exterior

• Standard Queen Room

Very noisy at night - lots of glass bottles banging and clanking at all hours; easy to hear street noise. Pillows on bed were all large and firm - no variety. Hotels offers a range per in room cards, but I didn’t realize the pillow situation until after I went to bed.

Convenient, clean, good price relative to many

• Standard Full Room

Had breakfast one day, would recommended going a few block for a bigger and better portion for your money. Other than that, great hotel.

Great location, good size of room for price. Staff were great. Really good👍🏽

• Room with Two Twin Beds

Room decor was worn and felt like it needed a refurb. Ice machine down the hall was loud and I could hear it humming and grinding whilst trying to fall asleep.

Location was good; very close to Union Square. The reception & bell desk were helpful with receiving packages that I'd needed them to look after.

• Standard Queen Room

The room we had was very small, when it’s a double room and there was no where to put another suitcase. We ended up putting one in the bathroom as that room as a reasonable size.

The reception staff were very good and helpful: let us store our bags as we had a late flight. The house keeping staff often didn’t leave the essential in the rooms in the mornings and we had to ring and ask for them.

• Deluxe Queen - Disability Access

Wish I was there for more days :)

The bed was comfy, the room clean and the staff very kind. The brekfast was great, a little bit expensive and not so much choice but in general good. The location is really confortable, even if it's nearly in the Tenderlion district the area seemed safe.

• Standard Queen Room

Street noise was clearly audible in room

Great location close to Union Square and Powell Street cable car. Friendly and helpful staff. Pleasant room. Good wifi connection.

• Deluxe Queen - Disability Access

The walls were a little too thin. Guests in room next door returned around 2am and very very loud in hallway and in their room, waking us and keeping us awake. Also, the air conditioner was loud, but did keep main bed area cool. Unfortunately the seating area, with single bed for our mother, was hot and stuffy the entire time.

Staff at the front desk were very friendly at initial check in and check out. Hotel was in a good location for a one night stay.

• Standard Full Room

The rooms are really small. They re looking kinda old and all is equipped with super loud and noisy aircons. Nothing for sensitive people, like me. The breakfast is poor. Only sugar based and wheat stuff. Poor convenient food offers.

Good location. Lobby looks pretty nice. Friendly stuff. Internet is nice and fast.

• Standard Queen Room

My room had a strong odor. Clearly this was not new- it wasn't something that just happened. I thought it might go away after running the AC but it did not. Rather unpleasant and unsettling. Smelled like mold. Also, while location was convenient, a block in the wrong direction takes you to very sketchy areas.

Front desk staff was pleasant. Location was convenient to get to. Allowed for early check in. Fairly quiet despite bustle around the hotel.

• Standard Full Room

The room was small but clean. Good for a stay in the city, really close to Union and at a walking distance to most attractions. Safe area to stay. We suggest it if you are looking for a good balance between quality and price in the city center.

Two main drawbacks to the allocated room, which was a standard double on the 4th floor (room 409). Firstly, there was a lot of background noise from the air conditioning vents on the building next door, which meant opening the window made it very noisy. At the same time, opening the window was still the quieter option compared to firing up the very aged air con unit fitted in the lower part of the window. Secondly, the mattress was worn (and seemed to be upside down) with a fitted sheet that was the wrong size, so it didn't stay on the bed properly and rucked up a lot. The room was small, so fine for one but would be a little tight for two, and there was a fair amount of noise from neighbouring rooms, especially when the shower was being used.

Very helpful staff on the front desk and a very convenient location for getting to conferences right in the middle of downtown with transport links nearby and plenty of decent food options. Bathroom was very clean and water pressure in the shower was great. Ceiling fan was very welcome and helped keep the room from being stuffy.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Day Bed

The rooms have poor sound proofing so any and all sounds are transmitted faithfully through the walls!

It’s location was fantastic - close to all amenities and shopping. Great staff helpful and courteous.

• Standard Queen Room

Room was tiny and too much furniture, so no place to open up or access suitcase except laid out on the bed.

The location is great, but the room had to have been the smallest hotel room I have ever stayed in (and I travel a lot). We had two carry-on suitcases and with the furniture taking up almost all of the space in the room, there was literally no place to lay out more than one suitcase. I never was able to unpack, and ended up sleeping in the shirt I came in since it was so inconvenient to access my suitcase.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Day Bed

The beds (we had a room for three) were not comfortable at all so I wouldn’t consider staying here for longer than a couple of nights. We also didn’t like that we weren’t able to open the windows at all. I understand the health and safety regulations but it would be good to get some fresh air in such a small room.

The place is great for the location, right next to the Union Square and within walking distance from all the great places for food/gong out/shopping; it’s good value for money. The room is also clean and the staff are always smiley and helpful. The bar inside the hotel is also really good with some nice food and drinks.

• Standard Full Room

I stayed 5 nights and housekeeping worked hard on cleaning the shower and making the bed, but I don't think they cared to wipe the dust from the bedside table or other furniture even once.

The staff was really helpful and cheerful - by far better than in most hotels of similar range.

• Standard Queen Room

I arrived mid-day before check in, they had a room ready and allowed me to check in early. The staff was very friendly and helpful anytime I needed any help. The rooms are not huge but comfortable. The location is great 2 minute walk to the BART station, centrally located to walk all around the city. The area around the hotel is always busy but I did not hear any noise in the room. I would stay here again when visiting the city.

bed was a bit uncomfortable, and walls were very thin, could hear the room next doors tv on late at night and early in morning. shower was very small, and the shower head layed out so as to get the floor wet if the shower door was open. The Cleaning team were hovering and door knocking from 7am every morning and very loud in doing so, which meant any chance of sleeping in was not going to happen. The area the hotel is in is littered with homeless people, some of which can be quite intimidating. I would definitely recommend you only turn left out of the hotel and not right.

Coffee machine was nice, bed was very big, and lots of wardrobe space. restaurant was very good on site but very expensive compared to local options. Very close to the cable cars station and shops/restaurants.

Hotel had been renovated since my previous visit a few years ago and the lobby is now much more welcoming. My room was larger than expected and the bed was big and comfortable with a good selection of pillows. Air conditioning worked well and quietly. Some street noise, but to be expected in this location. Gym is small but does the job.

• Standard Queen Room

The only issue we had was that there was a bit of noise from outside (to be expected in a central location) and the walls are quite thin internally

Staff were excellent - very helpful and friendly. The beds were comfy, and the hotel is in a very central location

This doesn’t concern the hotel necessarily but, the location was bit too busy and commercialized for me. However if one enjoys shopping, this is an excellent location.

The staff was friendly, and the hotel was clean.

• Deluxe Queen - Disability Access

It was really hot, so sometimes a bit uncomfortable. And not a good view at all.

The concierge Jon was the best part of our stay, but it was still nice place to stay.

• Standard Queen Room

The walls between the rooms are not soundproof. You can hear a person speaking in the next room. This can be annoying if you are trying to sleep or work.

Great location & good service.

• Room with Two Twin Beds

They changed our reservation and wanted me and my son to stay in seperate rooms. I was not ok with this but they got it switched back. It was pretty warm in our room so air conditioning would have been nice. Breakfast included would be nice too.

The location of the hotel was great and the room was clean, our room was small but cozy. We stayed for 4 nights and if we needed anything (extra pillow, shampoo etc) they brought it right up to us. It was nice to have the concierge service as well. They were very knowledgeable with things to do in the city. The lemon water in the lobby was a nice refresher when we returned to the hotel each day.

• Standard Full Room

Greatest location ,can’t be better than this.. everything is nearby and within walking distance ,staffs are very nice and helpful..rooms are clean ...and nice .. value for money .. we really enjoyed our stay ..

• Standard Full Room

rooms are a little too small and almost no windows.

In general, cost/benefit is a great place, fancy and comfy. WIFI was really good and personal was OUTSTANDING. Rooms are a little small with not to good natural lighting but nothing you can't live with. Location is PERFECT, right in downtown, very close to Union Square and many great places to eat, have a drink and a good time during day and night.

• Standard Full Room

The rooms and beds are a little small but location balances this out.

Excellent location, 1 block from Union Square. Good facilities. The food and drinks from the bar were lovely and very strong and the staff very friendly and helpful.

• Standard Full Room

The room had a strange smell, the bed was smaller than showed in the pictures. The walls are very thin you can hear your nightbour sneezing

Price is very good considering the location, the staff was helpfull and friendly.

• Standard Full Room

1. I've read other reviews too. Although they are more negative than mine, I should admit those folks do have a reason. It's embarrassing that the hotel management keeps replying them here, that they pay for location and should be happy with this. If that's only about the location, be honest, downgrade it to 2 stars! 2. I've been to other hotel rooms, and they were simply disastrous: noisy, inconvenient, dark, tiny etc etc. My high rate for this hotel is based only on the amazing reception staff, that was kind enough to change my room and has been mega-helpful throughout this stay. 3. The hotel doesn't have proper breakfast facilities - they do it with a restaurant inside though. It's not bad but terribly overpriced, and their dishes look better on presentation than they taste. 4. It's great to have bathrobe but slippers would have been appreciated too. 5. Gym is more of a joke, of course.

1. Excellent reception staff, extremely friendly, helpful and efficient. If I ever be back to this hotel, it's only for them! 2. Perfect location in the city indeed though with a fair bit of noise due to that location. 3. Good cleaning service. 4. I particularly appreciate giving me a possibility to change a room. 5. Excellent WiFi speed. 6. Coffee / tea facilities in the room, convenient bed.

• Standard Full Room

The bed was way too small for 2 people, combined with the very noisy airco/ventilator outside and the music from the fusion club it kept us quite awake.

Really nice looking hotel with nice staff, is on walking distance of the union square and lots of nice bars, restaurants and shops. Checking in earlier was not possible but were able to store the luggage. The room was not big nut had a nice bathroom (with soap, shampoo, hairdryer etc) a television, coffeemachine etc.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Day Bed

The bellhop who brought our bags was inappropriate, saying that our bags were too heavy and treating me and my college friends like we were little girls not paying customers.

The front desk was nice and gave us a spoon and bottle opener late at night.

• Standard Full Room

Besides a great location and reasonable price, the room was made to pamper. I felt like I was staying in a boutique, spa hotel. Everything in the room was perfect for a traveler. Housekeeping had the room immaculate. Towels were rolled to perfection. Plenty of towels. The faucets shown. The mirror and basin had the type of lighting I rarely find in hotels. The lighting was perfect for putting on make-up. There was coffee, tea, mini bar and frig in room. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Standard Queen Room

I really liked the whole staff from the front desk, to the bartender Tony and the Bell Guy Jonathan , I was alone so they all made me feel super safe and I felt each one went out of their way to make sure I was doing good.

• Standard Full Room

You can't open the windows so the room smell bad.

Good location very close to the cable car to get you to the pier. Next to Westfield for a bit of shopping.

• Standard Full Room

The room window faced a huge air conditioning installation (which powers the whole building probably), which was noisy and the noise could be heard clearly in the room. At first I thought it was my own AC working in the room when I realized it was switched off and the noise was coming from the outside. Good thing I was tired from sightseeing and fell asleep without a problem but might be problematic for people who cannot sleep with constant noise coming from the outside.

Location is great, front desk staff also. Room is basic and snall but clean and good for a couple of nights stay.

• Standard Full Room

The room was small and not so cheap, but I think in line with the offer in San Francisco.

Very nice location, in the very center of San Francisco. Clean room. Room had everything needed for a comfortable stay: good bed, clean bathroom, good wifi.

• Standard Queen Room

The location was amazing to walk everywhere and to get on the BART. The bed was super comfortable and the price for San Francisco standards very reasonable.

• Standard Queen Room

Minor things: Room is smaller than described. Windows do not open. Breakfast is expensive.

Nice & comfy hotel at very good location: close to center and Union Square and a Bart station that connects to airport. Bed is comfortable. In-house Restaurant is nice.

• Standard Full Room

Very inconvenient for travelers who drive! This property charges $60 for valet parking, and since the street is very narrow and no parking lot at this hotel, either you pay $60 for valet parking or look for other parking lots. We eventually parked at one block away, and it was $55 per night. The air conditioning in our room is poor. It was quite cool when we visited SF, so we turned on the heater, but it made huge noise.

This hotel is located at the center of San Francisco. Walk distance to cable cars, shopping malls, movie theaters and so on. Close to public transportation. Our room is clean.

• Standard Full Room

Was located with loud ventilation system right outside window. Asked for another room and was moved to one that seemed more quiet. However, that one had a ventilation system outside as well and it went off later during the day. Had to sleep with earplugs and still too loud (we're talking vibrating floor here!). Also, the blanket could have been warmer.

Great staff. Location is excellent.

• Standard Full Room

You can hear the club bumping if you're trying to go to bed early, comes with the territory.

Great for a quick weekend stay, and in a great location central to most tourist sites.

• Standard Queen Room

The room was quite small and the setup of having the sink outside the washroom was a little strange and inconvenient in some ways.

Staff were very welcoming and the hotel appeared to be recently renovated. The location was also great - tons of shopping and food nearby. You are within walking distance to touristy sights or to public transportation that will connect you there.

• Standard Single Room

Very loud air conditioning. Not enough day light. Window does not open to a proper space so that you can get fresh air.

Amazing location. Clean room and nice facilities. Posh bar downstairs.

• Standard Full Room

What I cannot recommend is going outside in the night. The Tenderloin in which the Hotel is located is not the best part of SF. It creats a feel of not being save at all.

The breakfast was very delicious and the staff is nice there. I can totally recommend it.

• Standard Full Room

It is relatively noisy at night due to the homeless people around the area.

The location is very convenient. The room has all the basic necessities and the bathroom was big enough for its price.

• Standard Full Room

The breakfast at the restaurant hotel wasn’t the best, it was pricey for what you get. I did go to other restaurants a couple streets down the hotel and I did like those much better. Paid less, and got more.

The customer service at front desk was great, hotel room was very clean, perfect location in the city, pricing was great for the amount of days I stayed! would definitely recommend staying at Hotel Fusion. I forgot my charger at home and didn’t want to purchase another one so I asked the front desk if they happen to have a charge and they right away loaned me the charger I needed which was awesome. No complaints about my stay.

• Standard Full Room

The bed was a little small. I was sharing with a friend and it was just about fine but I expected the bed to be a little bigger!

It was clean and when we went to the room and saw it was next to a wall the staff changed our room to one with a street view. Staff very helpful with suggestions of what to do in the area.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Day Bed

The room we were given for my children had a window that didn’t lock, a damp and musty smell. We got them moved to a new room, but then the room was also given to another customer?

Very central location with easy access to cable car, restaurants and shopping.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Day Bed

The rooms weren’t very spacious or practical for families but it would be difficult to get that in Union Square.

The location was fantastic- a walk to everything right in Union Square. The staff were super friendly and very helpful.

• Standard Full Room

The lobby area misrepresents the inside of the facility. The room was very small, corridor was smelling and the overall decor made it look like after-party night club. The nearby area did not feel very safe to walk around after 9 pm

• Standard Full Room

The walls are so thin, you can hear people in the room next to you. So you're unlucky if you're placed next to noisy people.

Location - close to transportation. Lots of shops and restaurants within walking distance.

Great location. We had two rooms, my kids were in one and the room was tiny. Ours was bigger and at least had room for the suitcases. Good value for San Francisco.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Day Bed

Some people in the staff were a little rude and lack off kindness for this type of hotel.

Good location but in the center of the city but you have to be careful if you walk because it’s near ugly places :/

Beds were uncomfortable and rooms very small relative to other rooms stayed in and comparable.

Location was excellent for the family, close to the cable cars and Union Square.

• Standard Queen Room

Rooms are small and walls are paper thin. Air conditioning is provided through a window unit, looking out into a vacant interior shaft. Staff are inattentive and the bar is often unattended. The bed was uniformly uncomfortable.

The price and location are unbeatable for Union Square. The Powell Street cable car and BART stations are one block away. Off-peak rates can drop as low as $85/night with advance payment.

Browse Hotel Fusion, a C-Two Hotel traveller photo gallery