Reviews of Hotel Indigo New Orleans Garden District 4 stars

2203 St. Charles Avenue , Central City, New Orleans, LA 70130 , USA

#39 of 148 hotels in New Orleans

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

A Great Time In The Garden District

I had a wonderful stay at the property. I was very pleased to find that my room was on the top floor so I had the pleasure of beautiful views of the city. The hotel features a bar in the lobby and restaurants within walking distance. The Indigo has the benefit of being on St Charles Avenue just steps away for the Streetcar. This particular property is also a short bus ride from a Wal-Mart location which is a great feature.

Great for a romantic getaway!

The shower could have smelled a little fresher. It was clean but didn't smell fresh.

Super comfy beds, great views, and very friendly staff. I loved the location.

Great location, water pressure was wonderful!

Parking a little expensive and we did have a water stain on the ceiling in our room (this is the only reason not a full smile on facilities). Overall a great place. Will stay here again!

Great location, water pressure was wonderful!

The air conditioning stopped, the sink was dirty.

Expect more for such a beautiful place.

The air conditioning stopped, the sink was dirty. The bed had dirty sheets and they didn’t replace toilet paper. Requiring us to contact front desk for more.

After the second day at resort housekeeping ran out of wash cloths...the rug on the floor was stained needs to be thoroughly cleaned

Location..and trolley access

Great accommodation in NOLA. We’ll be back!

Only negative is expensive paRking at $25 per night but this may be the norm in New Orleans.

Great location in Garden District and on street car line. Fifteen minutes to French Quarter and won minutes to Audubon Park. Very service minded staff. Accommodated early arrival and late checkout.

Location in Garden district.
    • Standard Room

In the hotel and in the room there was no usb to charge our elelectronic equipment

Location in Garden district. Very good conection by tram to French district. Clean, very niice staff.

The Lady Who CHECK ME IN!
    • Standard Room

That Your Price Has JUMP FROM $109.00 TO $149.00 Per Night That Is WAY TOO MUCH FOR ME$$$$$$$$😞😞😞

The Lady Who CHECK ME IN!!!!!!! She Was Polite Kind And Courteous Job Well-Done

Perfect stay for Tulane parents.

Each room needs to be inspected. Our bathroom had a stain on the ceiling over the shower and a few electrical outlets were not working. Easy fixes for 5 star luxury.

The location is ideal for Tulane parents. I like that there is a "food cart" to quickly purchase drinks and snack items healthier than a vending machine. The parking attendants are a stand out - super efficient and friendly.

Bed and room size

Dirty glasses and mugs. Filthy floor, never vacuumed. Stains on tabletops, hairs in sink upon arrival, hence, room wasn’t cleaned properly. Didn’t have any info or confirmation that I secured a room thru Booking.com.

Bed and room size

Excellent location, very nice updated hotel

This is a pet friendly hotel, dog next door to our room barked a lot, , owner not in room with dog per front desk, the hotel should set regulations about no animal left alone, no barking....., this should not be acceptable, we asked to be moved, new room had dog hair on furniture,will not recommend hotel

Excellent location, very nice updated hotel

The staff was very nice.

The room wasn’t cleaned as expected. Dusty lamps. Dusty floors that I couldn’t walk barefoot because I didn’t want to get the dirty stuff to the sheets. Day of check in I found a used soap at the shower. My safe didn’t work but they sent help right away even though they couldn’t fixed it.

The staff was very nice. Kevin at the bar give me a good conversation and tips to visit in NOLA. Location for me was excelent. Lots of restaurants around and I did have a Wallgreens 2 blocks away. Street car stop just in front of the hotel to hop in and out easily to go either downtown or uptown. Safe to walk even at night. Room was spacious and bed was confortable.

Bed was nice, room size was nice.
    • Executive King Room

Staff wasn't too welcoming but was nice enough. The whole stay felt very bland.

Bed was nice, room size was nice. The garden district is a nice area to walk around.

Bed very comfortable, bathroom and shower enormous.

Elevator access swipe card did not work so did not like that this extra level of security did not work.

Bed very comfortable, bathroom and shower enormous.

Very nice staff and comfortable accommodations.
    • Standard Room

I would like the option to self park in the "valet" lot which is fenced, secure, and directly behind the hotel; with an entrance right into the hotel. We booked a double room and ended up in a king. It wasn't a problem as I was traveling with my daughter, but I believe you should get what you booked.

Happy with my choice of staying in this hotel.
    • Standard Room

The room was bigger than I have expected and clean. The bathroom was also quite big with a walk in shower. The Street Car is just in front of the hotel. That makes it easy to reach the French Quarter. The personnel are helpful. Not exactly 4 stars but I don't care.

The location was perfect!

The location was perfect! The staff were welcoming and professional. The hotel has a chic modern vibe, with very comfortable beds and nicely updated room decor. With the St. Charles Street car literally right across the street we had easy, inexpensive access to the French Quarter. Also located in the Garden District we had plenty of cool houses to see and places to eat within walking distance of the hotel. Traveling alone with my 13 and 15 year old daughters, Hotel Indigo was a safe and quiet place to rest. We would definitely will stay again!!

Gorgeous room and trendy hotel in a great part of town.

Gorgeous room and bathroom, super comfortable bed and great service in a trendy hotel with an upscale feel. Pretty convenient to Tulane, which was the purpose of our visit. A farther drive to French Quarter but such a nice part of town I'd stay here every time.

It was perfect for what I needed.
    • Executive King Room

The mattress was a little droopy. Only one hanger in the closet.

The executive king wasn't available so they moved us to a standard king. Was actually less expensive so that was a huge plus! The bathroom was big. Easy to get to Tulane from this property and some restaurants close by to walk to.

Comfortable.
    • Standard Room

Hallway carpet by our door was not vacuumed well when we arrived Thursday evening. Was the same Saturday morning when we left. Bedroom carpet not well vacuumed, particularly by the bed. Nothing serious, but a lack of attention to detail. Valet parking on Thursday understaffed.The young man was doing the best he could. Good kid.

Comfortable bed. Accommodating room.

Great location---hotel would be very good if managed better

The property needs a critical eye. Little things----like a dented coffee pot in the restaurant, dirty elevators, no writing tools in the room, marginal housekeeping in the rooms.

Quick business trip

Floors could have been cleaner. They need more than one valet during busy periods.

Staff were friendly. Was able to check in and get a room when I arrived at 1pm. Bedroom was a good size for New Orleans and the hotel is well situated for exploring the Garden District.

Cozy Stay Close Enough to the Action but Far Enough For Peace and Quiet

Definitely a place I want to stay in again when I'm back in New Orleans. The location was conveniently across from a tram stop to take us into downtown New Orleans. There were frequent ride shares coming and going from the hotel. We could enjoy the quietness of the City but still be close to the action. The hotel staff were friendly and always on hand to give us advice on what was going on and where to hit up while we were in town. The bed was deliciously soft and the pillows felt like clouds. The bathroom was amazing and so was the shower! I can't find a bad thing to say about this place honestly.

We very much enjoyed our stay. The room was very comfortable and nicely decorated.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Disability Access

The price was very high, but it was during a peak weekend. We had to move rooms because they did not have our room with 2 queen beds available for the first night, but they put us in two rooms for the one night and then moved all our belongings for us.

We stayed there during Mardi Gras and found the location to be excellent. The parades passed right by the hotel. There are restaurants and bars within walking distance.

Bad service bad attitude will never visit again nor would I...
    • Executive King Room

Bad service bad attitude will never visit again nor would I recommend told me i couldn't come inside of the hotel until it was time to check in this has never in my life happen to me most hotels let you sit inside of the Lobby I'm telling time for check-in never will come back here and I well tell family and friends don't book there

The size of the rooms was perfect.

Restaurant was not very good. When we came down to get our car to head to the airport the valet was sleeping on the couch and had to be roused several times to wake him. Not cool!

The size of the rooms was perfect. Huge bathroom. They even gave me a microwave and refrigerator for room.

Nola Boutique Hotel in a Great Location!
    • Standard Room

Parking is a valet only on site. Wish there was a big parking lot around back!

Location was great as we were right on St Charles Street! The hotel has a New Orleans Boutique vibe with vibrant hallways and well decorated rooms.

Very comfortable stay

We tried to get breakfast in the morning but couldn't get served as it appeared under staffed.

The room was incredibly comfortable and well decorated. Staff were very helpful at check-in.

We had a wonderful time in NOLA and our hotel made it even greater.
    • Executive King Room

Loved the bright, clean room and lobby. It was quiet and well maintained. The neighborhood was located close to amenities and right outside the streetcar line.

Wonderful Thanksgiving experience.

My room view was so so. I like being on higher level. There was a 24 hour bar near by.

The bartender was superb. Very personable and friendly. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. My children's room had a street & trolley view! It was convenient to jump on & off trolley car. Will definitely be back. Also the valet staff was helpful and quick to get our vehicle.

Nice property, well located. Staff poorly trained. Valet was terrible.

Valet service was awful. The worst I’ve ever seen. Only one valet , they needed two. He always stood inside and we had to go find him. Front desk staff was poorly trained and unprofessional! My room rate was misrepresented on booking.com. It showed an average room rate which I assumed was for my stay, but wasn’t. The room was much more costly! Do not use booking.com!!!

Facility was nice and comfortable. Rooms were nice

Mediocre and insanely overpriced. Don’t be deceived my cheap prices

Linens were stained, bedspread to small, hallway carpets not vacuumed and dirty food tray outside room door greeted me upon arrival. Booking. Com quoted me a price of $199, but I was billed $399 my second night. According to staff they didn’t have a room that expensive, at first they thought it was an error, but apparently they can’t adjust booking.com prices. Lesson learned. Next time I will only book directly through hotel. Booked this property in August for Nov. who would have guessed a third party site would charge more then the hotel! Sneaky and dishonest. When I contacted bookings they said someone contacted me and problem was resolved. No one called and problem never resolved.

Bathroom was clean, modern and spacious. Shower was awesome

Had a great stay at the Hotel Indigo.

Had a great stay at the Hotel Indigo. It was in a safe area in the Garden District, but also right on the St. Charles street car line so you could easily take that into downtown or uptown. Room was comfortable and large, perfect for our needs. Would definitely recommend and would definitely stay here again.

There was a curtain for the shower, rather than a door. When you took a shower, water ran all over the floor. We tried adjusting the angle of the shower head, but it made no difference.

No problems from the day I arrived until the day I departed. Staff was friendly, courteous, and helpful.

Overall an enjoyable stay in an amazing city!

Housekeeping never left toilet paper. Had to call for it every time.

The bar and restaurant inside the hotel were phenomenal. The rooms are quiet and the property as a whole is a pleasantly cozy size.

would stay here again - hope the hotel keeps a better eye on housekeeping.

carpet in hallway needed cleaning. maid service was extremely poor - had to ask for clean coffee cups and clean glasses daily, bathroom amenities not refilled, tea and coffee not refilled daily. large mold spot in shower from leak from floor above.

room was nice, staff was lovely, bathroom large - shower was a dream. close to streetcar - safe walking neighborhood, ask for high floor for less streetcar noise

Nice hotel but will probably not stay there again if and when we visit New Orleans. (see above)
    • Standard Room

No complementary breakfast! That's a deal breaker for my husband. The street was a mess due to street work (no fault of the hotel), which made getting in and out with valet more difficult. Also, we had requested a room with two double beds, but when we checked in, we were told that only a king was available. We were told that since we booked through a third party that the bed request wasn't guaranteed. That was very disappointing, plus the fact that no breakfast was included in our rate, the only parking available is valet which added 25.00 a day to our rate; not to mention the ridiculous amount of taxes that were added.

Nice room, beautiful bathroom; very clean, very quiet. Convenient location.

Great location for access in and out of Nola~Great smaller hotel w/large rooms! Bathrooms awesome!
    • Standard Room

Breakfast~too salty~I ordered eggs, potatoes and wheat toast. They gave me white bread with margarine on it? I prefer organic~just my preference..no worries~

Amazing stay at Hotel indigo

N/a

Loved the friendly staff always with a smile on their faces and their willingness to help. The room was spectacular and bathroom was beautiful. I loved the decorations around the hotel, and the outdoor space was beautiful and quaint. It's the quietest hotel Ive ever been to. It is a pet friendly space and even though I don't have a pet, I never was disturbed by the noise of one.

Indigo Hotel is the best kept secret on St Charles Ave!
    • Standard Room

Indigo Hotel is the best kept secret on St Charles Ave! This is a quaint place that is clean, roomy and within walking distance of restaurants, shopping and fun!

Had a comfortable and pleasant stay in New Orleans

hallways were pretty threadbare. Those looked like the Flamingo in Las Vegas

Convenient location in New Orleans. St Charles streetcar runs right past the front door

I would stay there if I visit New Orleans again
    • King Room - Hearing Disability Access

Property is very clean staff are very helpful to there guest in anything you need you just have to ask An they we'll help anyone that stays there

The area was perfect and the property is very Safe street cars to travel is very convenient people don't have to drive

Wonderful! Extremely satisfied!
    • Standard Room

The driveway for valet service was always blocked. Had to wait for others to check-in in order to leave.

I love the decor, cleanliness, friendly staff, the smell, Happy Hour, ease of getting to the hotel. Everything was AWESOME! I will definitely stay with you again as I have done in the past.

Overall we enjoyed our stay and would stay here again.
    • Standard Room

I was not expecting valet parking only. I missed there being an in room fridge.

We had one dinner and one breakfast during our stay. Food was good but pricey. Beds were comfortable, pillows were so so. Bathroom and shower were really nice.

great place to stay but under no circumstances eat there

The food was utterly inedible. I had to return two of the three entrees because they were overcooked to a point where we could not eat them.

The room was nice the bed was comfortable and the pillows were outstanding.

Hotel Indigo !! The best. Great location !!
    • Standard Room

A small pool to cool off in. Even just a wading pool.

Everything was wonderful. Just a cool laid back place to relax !! I was there with my 3 adult children. Went to a concert. Just loved the 2 days we were there. Will definitely come back!!

It gives you the feeling of coming home as soon as you walk in.
    • Standard Room

The location was not as central to the areas I planned to visit but coming back was something to look forward to.

The room was just as it was pictured on line. The staff was courteous and helpful and the food was classic.

A friendly place to stay!!
    • Standard Room

The staff was amazing. So friendly and genuine. The housekeeping manager, Robert, went above and beyond to make sure that my handicapped son was given comfortable accommodations. All of the staff were just great! Loved it. Will come back again!!

I think we should have received the type of room we booked
    • Standard Room

We requested a room with double beds and upon arrival was told by the front desk person that they gave it to someone else

Clean facility in great location

Beautiful Hotel, Good Location

The carpets in the hallways could use some cleaning and maybe replaced. Everything else was great!

Extremely friendly staff. I arrived in New Orleans very early in the morning and I thought I was just going to have to drop my luggage off and walk around or find something to do until the 3pm check in time. The front desk staff allowed me to check in that morning as soon as I arrived. Security guard was hilarious and very personable.

OK

Wait staff at breakfast while holding my bill in her hand spent too much time gabbing at another table. I was limited on time and had to raise my voice to get her attention in a dining area that had only two other customers. Waitress needed to prioritize her tasks. BSing with the customers should be last on her list. Especially in the morning when you might expect hotel guests to have more on their plate than just breakfast.

Convenient. Nice fitness center. Quiet.

Overall great stay. There isn't a pool and parking is a headache.

The hotel does NOT have a pool as advertised on this site. When I spoke with the manager she stated a lot of guest are expecting a pool do to the advertisement on Booking.com site but no pool is listed on the hotels actual site. Parking was somewhat of a headache. You either pay the $25/day for valet or park on the street. We were lucky enough to get a parking spot very close to the hotel but all the street parking is taken very quickly. Overall a great stay.

The hotel was beautiful. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was perfect. It was close to the Zoo, lots of local shops and only a trolly ride away from Bourbon. The trolley runs about every 15 minutes during the day and about every 30-40 minutes late night.

Never again!
    • Standard Room

Stayed on the fifth floor..Stepped off the elevator to find a pile of dirty dishes on the hallway! Carpet was visibly dirty, shower was also not as clean, moldy odor, water leaks on the ceiling, ants by the coffee machine. Bed spread was not clean. Had advertised breakfast as included but wasn't.

Great and Quiet Hotel
    • Executive King Room

The only thing I didn't like on the property was that room service wasn't open 24/7.. We arrived late and wanted to get room service but it closed so early.

All in all it was very nice!

Not having to go to 2 rooms with the obvious number of people

Upon arrival the power went out, hotter than all get out! Got onto non working elevator that was told was working. Got into a room with 1 bed checking in with 3 of us even tho I booked thru booking.com it would have been nice to see the obvious that my 2 kids (14 & 18) and I would prefer 2 beds and not 1 king. Had to go back downstairs still sweating out butts off to get a new room.

Trolley is right outside the hotel door.
    • Standard Room

Carpet was dirty in the hallways. On the 6th floor, there were cigarette burns on the carpet. We had mildew in our shower and had to call maintenance so they could clean the shower.

Trolley is right outside the hotel door.

Valet parking.
    • Standard Room

Barking dogs in near by rooms. Pet owners stay late in the French quarter and leave their pets in the rooms. Dogs bark most of the night.

Valet parking.

Excellent like new hotel with fine finishing and quality throughout....great bathroom

Parking is way over priced for the area. I typically use the valet but there is free public parking on the street adjacent to the hotel.....save abt $40 per night.

Nice finishings and nice bedding. Good sized rooms with lovely art work and top quality everything.

The Place to Stay

Hotel Indigo met all my expectations. I was pleasantly surprised at how close everything was and the homes with their beautiful architecture. The Avenue Pub and Parasols were within walking distance. We walked three miles through the area our very first day admiring the area and enjoying its shops and homes.

Great Location, Fantastic Staff

It's a bit of a walk from the French Quarter, but you can catch the street car if you'd rather.

The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful!

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

The Location.
    • Executive King Room

The breakfast and service was very poor, did not have dinner, sit at the bar to order a drink and toke 45mints, and after my first drink I ordered a second drink and they run out .

The Location.

Warm staff in a very confortable hotel

The rude employee at the front desk Friday night.

The staff was excellent since we arrived at the Front door of the hotel. Dolores and everyone was welcoming and professional. But I will not give the hotel a perfect score that they deserve because of an employee at the front desk, Friday night, that was extremely rude and when my husband asked him to be polite to us he threat us that he was calling security. Security for what reason?

Not my best stay in the Indigo Hotel
    • Standard Room

Night shift receptionist wasn't in her best day, one of the rooms had the WC with problems and it took too long to fix it and the A/C on the next room was either not working or freezing cold. I have stayed on the hotel several times, but I have the feeling that the overall quality is going down. I'm not sure if I will select this hotel again.

Rooms are new and is well located, we stayed in this hotel several times always with very good experiences.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Nice place to stay in New Orleans!

I wish that they would provide complimentary bottles of water in the rooms.

The hotel has a nice check in area with a bar/restaurant and business center in it. The staff was friendly and helpful. They gave us some excellent restaurant referrals. The room was large and pretty quiet, for the most part. A coffee maker was provided in the room. The location is very convenient since the St. Charles streetcar is right out front. The Garden District is a nice area of New Orleans to stay in.

Portions at the bar are very small/limited. I recommend going down the street to a different bar.
    • Standard Room

the size portion of a glass of wine was very small. Did not use a real wine glass, used stemless glass which had about a cup or less of wine and very expensive. It was so small that I told her to make it 2 so she poured on top into the glass I already had. $24! Not what I call getting a glass of wine especially for that amount of money! Also they did not have sour mix for amaretto. Very limited bar selections.

room was nice

Great value!
    • Standard Room

The coffee in the lobby was expensive and terrible.

Beds were very comfortable, it was very clean and the hotel was in a great location (right at the Garden District and the streetcar stop to the French Quarter was right in front.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

We Loved Hotel Indigo
    • Standard Room

The room was beautiful and clean. The staff were all wonderful. My pets were welcomed and made to feel at home. Wonderful location. Safe neighborhood and easy to walk to food. It was a really nice trip. Thank you

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

I had a very comfortable room with a view.
    • Standard Room

I had a very comfortable room with a view. The staff were friendly and helpful with suggestions and directions. And it's in a great location in the Garden District.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Great location!

The linens were rough and hard. The bathroom had mold in the shower because they did not install a ventilation fan.

The location was great and the staff was helpful. We liked the layout of the room and overall decor.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Very comfortable bed, beautiful room, secure.

I'd requested a quiet room, specifically not by an elevator, when I booked on booking.com I was put in a room right by an elevator. Nice staff offered to move me, but that shouldn't have happened. I'm not sure whether or not my preferences were effectively communicated to the hotel.

Very comfortable bed, beautiful room, secure.

Nice bed and large room & large bathroom.

Air conditioning had an electronic buzzing every time it cycled for about 5-10 seconds. Not noticeable until dead quiet while trying to sleep. Shower hose had bad leak. Reported both issues to desk on check out. Should have checked schedule and realized we were on Mardi Gras Parade route. Unfortunately we were not there for parades but a concert so had to leave hotel early so as not to be caught in parade traffic.

Nice bed and large room & large bathroom. I like that they do not wait their time putting a bathtub in but a nice walk in shower. So much more comfortable.

Great hotel

Went to NOLA for Mardi Gras so the location was perfect for the parade route. However, it was within walking distance to many nice restaurants. It was quiet, clean and comfortable we would stay there again.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Great hotel in the Garden district

Great stay......no cons

Hotel in located in a great location Garden district is lovely and out of the French Quarter. The location has easy accessibility to both French Quarter and Oak Street and Tulane University via St Charles trolly

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Impressive mid-size hotel in a fine location.

Hotel parking is $25/day. Parking on the street is free.

Perfect location in the beautiful Garden District, right on the St. Charles Ave. streetcar line. If you're looking for a hotel that gives access to everything but gets you away from the hub bub at night, this is it. The room and bathroom were surprisingly spacious. The decor is sleek and "jazzy". The staff couldn't have been more helpful.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Get it fixed...

The large amount of fees, tourist and exhibitions taxes (when as a Louisiana resident you already pay that in taxes). The carpet in the hallways smell of mildew (carpet needs replacing) and you could see the darkness of stains in the light color purple in the carpet; mildew in showers, and air conditioner needs cleaning (affected my allergies throughout stay). It's rated as a 4+ star when it is below that as you get in the hallways going to your room. The towels are not freshly replaced, at least in my room the towels took on the smell of the rancid mildew smell. As I headed down to checkout, I witness the one of the cleaning staff (as the door was opened) using used dirty towels to clean the shower, and spraying a spray freshener for the linen and towels.

The staff is very professional and helpful