Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown 3 stars

275 Baker Street, Atlanta, GA 30313, USA

#65 of 250 hotels in Atlanta

Daily parking fee

Location was great, close to many attractions. The check in was quick and easy also. It was wonderful having a seafood restaurant connected to the hotel as well.

• Queen Evolution Room

French toast was great, bed we very comfortable. We enjoyed our stay. We ate at seafood restaurant in the hotel, there was a door to the restaurant on the same floor we were on so we didn't walk but a few steps from our room.

• King Room - Evolution

The Seafood Restrant service was bad. Tried to grab a quick Salad for Lunch. Took 15 minutes to seat us, and ounce we were sat down never saw a waitress or waiter. So after 15 minutes just sitting there, me and my wife just got up and walked out.

The staff at the front desk were great. Excellent people skills. Made us feel overly welcome. Gerald the Breakfast waiter was great.

• Queen Evolution Room

The older woman I had on my check out that I could have been a little more pleasant. The pool was on accessible for some type of photo shoot and they never unlock the doors when they were done so I could see it and enjoyed the patio. The noise of the elevator cables disturbed my sleep 😴

The front desk clerk at my check in was a terrific and very pleasant young woman. The room was nice however it had an adjoining door to the service elevator. The service elevator kept me up all night with the cable noise. They offered to change my room but I was checking out only being there for a short stay

• King Room - Evolution

Did not like that we had to pay for parking, should be included in the room rate. Other than that, everything was good.

Great location, comfortable room with a good view of downtown. Very good breakfast buffet (not part of the room rate). Plenty of lunch/dinner options within walking distance.

• Queen Evolution Room

We booked hotel solely for its location and the pool with hot tub. Cost was $40 more than hotel next door and pool/tub were closed for repairs,which meant that exercise and game rooms were also closed.

Staff was friendly and helpful and breakfast was great. Restaurant on site was very good

• Queen Evolution Room

The wifi signal on the PH floor was especially weak and I was unable to utilize it consistently during my stay.

Brenda was especially hospitable and friendly. She was cheerful and I took great enjoyment interacting with her during my stay.

• Queen Evolution Room

2 pools outdoor and indoor and a hot.tub closed the whole time. The only the only work being done was on a rail outside. Indoor pool should have been open. If you pay $350.00 per night for a place with a pool you should get one or a good discount back for not having everything working.

Nice location other than everything closed at 9pm. Because of dangerous people on the streets.

• Queen Evolution Room

I was there for a cheerleading competition at the nearby convention center. This property was “remodeling” the pool and had us walk to the neighboring hotel. Also, the shower leaked in 3 separate spots. The hallway outside our room, the hall in the room, and the bathroom itself. Maintenance came to the room and did nothing. Soggy it is. Also, very dirty and dusty. Front desk staff unfriendly. No comp for any of these issues even when I asked.

It was close to the convention center.

• King Room - Evolution

The pool was closed and my daughter really wanted to swim at the indoor hotel. As well I was looking forward to the hot tub. They said we could go next door to Embassy to swim but you needed a key pass to unlock the door to their pool. Disappointed we did not get to use the pool.

Loved the staff, cleanliness, location of the hotel. Beds very comfortable and great shower. I love the décor of the aquarium facts for the kids and I felt very safe in this hotel!

• King Room - Evolution

Shared parking garage with public...difficult to find space if you self park. They should reserve certain levels and spaces for hotel guests only since it costs $30/day.

Location, cleanliness, comfortable bed, breakfast buffet is free for kids.

• King Room - Evolution

Everything was great. The staff was fantastic and very friendly. The room was perfect and had a great view of the city. Room service was always on time and excellent. I would definitely stay there again, my next time in Atlanta.

The staff was rude.

Staff was very unfriendly at our initial check in considering my card wouldn’t go through because it was blocked from being out of town. We treated very rudely.

• King Room - Evolution

The menu stated I could pickup my dinner order but when I called only room service was available. Not a big deal because the server was so nice.

Friendly staff. Comfortable, well appointed rooms. I asked for our rooms to be close by when I booked & was given adjoining rooms. Nice surprise that I didn’t expect. Nice view of downtown.

• Queen Evolution Room

The toilet in the bathroom would keep running for like 20 mins after flushing, so if you needed to flush more than once, you had to wait 20ish minutes in between flushes

Comfy bed, clean bathroom, perfect location downtown for a concert at the Phillips Arena

• Queen Evolution Room

The checkout lady seems a bit inexperienced left a bad taste but based on the fact that I’ve been there before I would come back anther time.

The gentleman that did the checkin was very polite and inviting

• Queen Evolution Room

The breakfast buffet was excellent! The price of the buffet did not represent the quality and variety of the food. We ate both mornings because we wanted to try everything. I am extremely picky when it comes to the comfort level of hotel pillows and beds. Both exceeded my expectations. The staff was absolutely fabulous. Coming from the customer service industry, it is always refreshing to meet others who understand the impact of excellent customer service.

• Queen Evolution Room

The staff was very rude and unhelpful. At 5:00 .pm we had to ask for our room to be cleaned. Front desk staff did not follow through on issues. Air conditioner made us feel like we were at a motel 6. RATTLE

• Queen Evolution Room

Air conditioned didn’t work properly. They sent someone to fix it but they did not fix it. They came back a second time , but it still didn’t work properly. We won’t visit there again.

• Queen Evolution Room

The breakfast offer is maybe good for US standards, as an European I missed fresh vegetables like tomatoes, cucumber, salad or cheese selection. The omelettes and scrambled eggs & pancakes were good, but staying there for a week, you just miss the normal food. Bread is just not eatable. I missed as well shower gel (only soap) and slippers in bathroom.

The hotel is in walking distance from Georgia World Congress Center, Coca-Cola, Aquarium (just across the street) and CNN headquarter. You can visit all this places without using Uber, Taxi or public transport. The room is clean and spacious with two big beds, you will have a desk, so you can work as usually, bathroom is ok and they're changing towels everyday.

• King Room with Spa Bath and City View

There were issues with the air conditioning unit and/or thermostat in my room. While attempts were made to rectify the issue, the front desk, or maintenance did not offer a follow up to see if the issue was resolved. After stating again that there was still an issue, I was lectured on how to use the thermostat, and that there was nothing else that could be done.

The bed and the pillows were very comfortable. I liked the combination of soft, and firm pillows to allow to match what was preferred.

• Queen Evolution Room

For over 300 dollars a night I expected a lot more. The room was large but not recently renovated. Nothing special and therefore the high price was very surprising. No doorman, no extras in the room.

The staff at the check in and breakfast were very friendly.

• King Room - Evolution

Some staff could have been more pleasant and willing to help. Self-parking costs just as much as valet, and the parking system is quite confusing.

Location and environment was great. The hotel itself was amazing.

• King Room - Evolution

The beds were ok, I will say though that I am a very picky sleeper in regards to their cleanliness was great the shower did not work and the coffee machine did not work

We came down for a cheer competition the valet parking attendants were great they were us keep our vehicles there throughout the day for our children’s competition. The staff was great very friendly always willing to help out breakfast was amazing for the price overall A great place .

• King Room with Spa Bath and City View

Charged xtra for parking then if I parked normal for atl.. she told me they can't guarantee what I paid extra for like view and spa tub... the view wasn't great and online said they had extras like bathrobes but once there they don't have that... alot of false advertising. Hotel was nice but normal not what I thought I was getting

• Queen Evolution Room

Parking is expensive $38.00 per night.

Location for seeing the Aquarium, Civil Rights, Coke Cola and College Museum Hall of Fame was perfect. Also walking distance to the area and park.

• Queen Evolution Room

Was told parking was free on P4 but ended up paying $30. Also was charged for a movie i didn't even purchase

The room was clean. Bed was very comfortable. Had a keriuq coffee maker

• Queen Evolution Room

The staff was very friendly. The room was spacious. The lobby looked great with the holiday decorations. Several breweries/beer gardens are right across the street, and it is in reasonable walking distance from Mercedes Benz Stadium.

• Queen Evolution Room

The fact that I booked for a smoking room and when I get there I was told that I couldn’t also I don’t like the fact that they take my parking rates from my deposit and there is no way to have free parking

• Queen Evolution Room

The room did not come up to standards of other Hilton Garden Inns I have stayed at. We were moved to another room after two tonight's which wasn't much better. I put a request in to the hotel for the issues we were having with the room which were not resolved.

• King Room with Spa Bath and City View

The foodservice wasn't good. Do not order the steak.

The breakfast was amazing. It's definitely worth getting the free breakfast. The bed was super comfy and the room itself was spacious!

• Queen Evolution Room

I had found the same hotel, same room, same dates, same amount of people and after calling and speaking to HH customer service was asked to fill out price quarantee and sending screen shot of it was denied because it did not show number of people or room type. It was the only room type available and I was traveling alone. Was later told that copy and paste link in the future. Your company should have just done the right thing and given the 25% off instead of just a price match. I was in the process of switching from Marriot Rewards and even for the HH credit card but I am forced to stay the competition because of it.

View, location, staff

• Queen Evolution Room

- Very loud A/C unit in the room. It worked well but woke me up continuously both nights. - Thin walls/doors/floors. We could clearly hear every conversation in the hall, neighbors' showers, etc. - I found the bed and pillows (which were the down alternative version, since I'm allergic the the feathers) uncomfortable. Overall I thought the hotel was great except for the fact that I slept very poorly both nights, which is kind of important. I'm a fairly light sleeper so it may not be a problem for everyone, but it would be something I'd have to consider before booking again.

- Great downtown location with good restaurants and attractions right outside the hotel doors. - Helpful and friendly staff. - Very clean. - Mini fridge in each room. - Great price.

• Queen Evolution Room

Room could have been cleaner. Had to actually ask to have the room freshened up, which I thought was a given in a hotel. Rooms and exteriors could use an update.

Not much.

• Queen Evolution Room

The beds were not as comfortable as we had hoped for the price. Also our room needed a new cover for the ironing board.

Staff was great! Used the microwave which was handy. Very clean.

• Queen Evolution Room

The price I had to pay to park. $28 a day is steep to me especially if I'm staying there.

I liked the hotel in general. Very clean room, the sheets were changed for us when we came back. Comfortable bed.

• Queen Room with Roll in Shower

The shower was handicapped which we didn't need. I wouldn't have cared at all except there was almost no way of showering without getting water ALL over the WHOLE bathroom floor

Great location and very friendly staff

• King Room - Evolution

Staff was very very unresponsive to my problem with missing luggage. When I expressed my annoyance with them, I was very upset by their uncaring response.

• King Room - Evolution

Weakest Hilton I've been to. Can not compare to Hiltons outside U.S. Breakfast is quite disaster. Fire alarm went on in the morning. No sound isolation in rooms..

Staff is great! They really try.

• King Room - Evolution

2 things stick out. The parking. The card we were issued didn't work. causing problems, especially when we were trying to leave the property. And our room and elevator card was a pain. Sometimes worked, sometimes didn't. The front desk staff was very apologetic and very nice and professonal.

The bed was extremely comfortable. Very nice room

all good

LOVE cookies at check in :) And the Keurig coffee maker in the room. Shower featured glass doors.. no pesky shower curtain to deal with. Plenty of outlets and a really nice hair dryer... all little things that add up to an overall great stay

• Queen Evolution Room

If parking and breakfast could be included in the price would be great.

I really enjoyed the location of the property. The staff was amazing and answered any and all questions we had. The breakfast was certainly worth waking up for. I know where I'm staying next time.

• King Room - Evolution

Front desk staff could have been a little more friendly/jolly.

The breakfast was delicious and the staff that were there were very friendly and helpful.

• Queen Evolution Room

Really good buffet style breakfast. Pancakes, omelettes, and french toast made to order and more! Conveniently located near several restaurants and attractions.

• Queen Evolution Room

The bedroom smelled bad and there wasn't a shower mat and I almost fell. Besides, they didn't respect the price of the reservation and they haven't giving me a copy of the receipt.

• Queen Evolution Room

Parking fees and crazy charges. What the hell is a "room occupancy tax"? If I'm paying for the damn room and you're putting a $50 hold on my card for incidentals, why you need to tax me 12 more dollars? And release my damn money already.

Room was decent.

• King Room - Evolution

Availability of later check out

Excellent location for attractions. Lovely garden nearby. Felt safe to walk around at night & in day. Comfy rooms & beds. Good breakfast. Great outdoors swimming pool on roof

• Queen Room with Roll in Shower

Only bad experience I had was that I was unable to communicate with the ladies in housekeeping. Think it was hard for her as well. Wish there was a cheat sheet with picture so we could have talk that way.

The two night was very peaceful. The area was clean. In door pool and hot spa wonderful. The breakfast buffet bar OMG with the wonderful staff. (Looking for the guy that asked me about the spa. I been thinking bout you ever since that morning) ken.benjamin@yahoo

• Queen Evolution Room

A/C in my room could have been quieter at times. Not something I had an issue with arriving from a prior hotel on my 2 city road trip.

Excellently located with 4 city pass attractions 5-8mins walk from the hotel. Good restaurants 2mins away, fast food at the CNN center food court 8mins away (walking times all). Indoor and outdoor pool as well as an outdoor spa. Laundry room

• King Room with Spa Bath and City View

There were a couple of times the pool towels ran out. Also, the pool is in need of some repairs (missing tiles) and could have been cleaner. The rooms are a little dated as far as the furniture and fixtures.

The location is great! The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. The room was clean, had a great view and the bed was very comfortable.

No complaints

The accommodations were great. Friendly staff, clean rooms/building, super close to amazing attractions and just an overall great stay. We will definitely be staying there in the future!

• Queen Evolution Room

The parking is too expensive.

The room was clean and very comfortable. Tiffany at front desk was very friendly and helpful. I will stay there again when in Atlanta.

• Queen Evolution Room

The room temperature was hot during the night and early morning. Probably because we were higher up.

I really enjoyed the pool area. My girls had a blast!

• Queen Evolution Room

Parking was expensive for an already expensive room, we had dirty towels and a persons tooth left on our bathroom counter. When advised of the situation we received no response

Good breakfast and location

• Queen Evolution Room

Beds were very uncomfortable. Air conditioner was noise. Ice machine on the third floor didn't work. Paying for parking was a negative. The final bill was a surprise with all the taxes added.

Excellent location for my needs. Staff was very nice. Breakfast was excellent. Several choices for dinning out located within a short walk.

• King Room with Spa Bath and City View

I asked for special request and willing to pay additional and I did not receive anything. This trip was a very special occasion and wanted to surprise my spouse with some decoration and not even the 2nd day was able to receive that detail. The people of the restaurant were not friendly, seems they only treat well guest that pay tips, judging guest that prepaid breakfast pay less tip than the others, except Gerald the only one that make us feel welcome with outstanding service.

Cleanliness

• King Room - Evolution

The carpet in the hallway and open areas noticeably dirty. It was especially dirty on the eighth floor. The hotel self-parking fee was extremely high. The lobby is too small.

The bed was comfortable.

• Queen Evolution Room

I think the parking was to exspensive. 28.00 a night is a lot for guest to pay. 84.00 for three nights.what if we would have stayed a whole week. That could have paid for a room for a night.

The beds was very comfor table room was very clean

• Queen Evolution Room

The sheets were dirty, the on site staff told me something totally different from what the person over the phone told me. Not enough towels for the days there.

The pool and hot tub. The staff was nice, but communication was not accurate.

nothing wrong

everything was great and I love the fact that when my girl friend and I were coming back to the hotel and we had for security to escort us to our room because we didn't feel safe with it being so late plus we had strange people follow us that didn't stay in the hotel and wanted to make sure nothing happen. they were on top of it and put the young men that was following us out the hotel immediate and being a young female late night in a new city that was really helpful and we will be back very soon.. plus everything was in walking distant and we didn't have to drive.

• King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

I did not like the fact that there was no kettle in the room and no free bottle water.

I liked the kiosk on the ground floor and the ease of internet and wi fi.

• Queen Room with Roll in Shower

Having to pay for parking was a hassle but the valleys were awesome and helpfuul.

Staff were a delight and very responsive to our needs.the hotel was clean and close to everything

• King Room with Spa Bath and City View

Had small problem the elevator but no major issue, it was some clinch in the system with the after hour uses of using the key to get to your floor.

french toast. how close every thing was to the hotel. price having a restaurant and lounge on property garden tub in room. parking garage om property.

• Queen Evolution Room

Room had broken dresser and water damage running down the length of the wall. Coffee maker did not work properly. "Game room" was a Foosball table and nothing else. Hallway to room had not been cleaned since we checked in till we checked out. Sheets had tears in them. Wastebasket was only big enough to hold a single drink bottle.

Convenience to area attractions.

• King Room - Evolution

I wish that I could've booked another day. This must be a very popular location especially during this time of the year. I totally get it!! Lesson learned.

We loved the location! The eggs WERE extra fluffy. The French toast was great, too! Super fresh fruit, but they ran out of blueberries so I pigged out on pineapple with my Greek yogurt!

• King Room - Evolution

The mattress of the room we stayed in needs to be replaced/upgraded. Hard as a rock. Most Hilton Garden Inn's have much more comfortable bedding. The view from the 12th floor was alright.

• Queen Evolution Room

The traffic to get into the parking was very crazy. It took about 10 minutes for the valet to Move the vehicles that were going onto the property. I was planning on paying everything in cash and came to find out that we had to pay the incidentals on a credit card. So my friend used his card to place the $50 incidental fee. Instead, he was charged for the whole stay to include the incidental. When my friend and I got assigned the room, we went upstairs to find that it was occupied already by other guests. We went downstairs and was told that the system accidentally put both of us in the same room. The gentleman at the desk was nice enough to find us another room. All he did was appologize and gave us the room next door. After the night out and waking up the next morning, all I wanted was some coffee. I came to find out that the Keurig that they have in the room was broken. We went downstairs to check out and I got some coffee downstairs. The coffee could have been better. No cream or cups. I had to ask for coffee cups three times. During the check out process, she asked us how our stay was. I explained to here everything that happened and all she did was take off the valet parking from the room cost which was great. But when I picked up my vehicle, they asked me to pay the $35 for parking. I was kind of shocked that they were not talking to the front desk. I found my receipt and showed them that it was paid for already and they released the vehicle. Also, I did not know where security was at on the premises. There were random people going in and out of the hotel and parking lot that was outside asking for money or if we felt sorry for them because they weren't wearing shoes.

The front desk staff was great. They were friendly especially when it came down to everyone checking in at the same time. The valet parking price was great at $35.

• Queen Evolution Room

Room was not properly cleaned. Bathroom floor had not been cleaned prior to arrival. Thick dust on curtains with fuzz balls

The location was great for downtown ATL. Property was well maintained

• King Room - Evolution

Needed a little note pad & pen in the room; there wasn't one, & I never remembered to ask Housekeeping.

Breakfast was very good (omelets, waffles, & OJ in particular). Front desk & restaurant staff were all helpful, polite, & personable

• King Room with Spa Bath and City View

Road Race in area Sunday evening prevented convenient return to the hotel.

Proximity to meetings at GWCC, and other attractions like Centennial Park, Georgia Aquarium and College Football Hall of fame.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Queen Evolution Room

Housekeeping schedule was inconsistent and bypassed us on several days. Closet door broke after two days and wasn't repaired. Staff called at late hours (incl. at 1:45am accidentally) to confirm issues solved long ago (and we had a toddler to put to bed early).

Great swimming pools (indoor/outdoor). Huge tub and nice showers.

• Queen Evolution Room

The only issue we had was the television did not work. The maintenance team quickly fixed the issue, however an hour later the television stopped working again.

The property was conveniently located and in walking distance to the event center where we were attending a 3 day event. Clean, safe and comfortable. Kind staff and very accommodating.

• King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

The bed was wonderful as was the bathroom! It was clean and quiet. The staff was amazing. The neighborhood is great and it's perfectly within walking distance of everything!

• Queen Evolution Room

Not knowing where to return our parking pass and if we used the whole $100.00 that was put on it. And that all of our room keys did not work the elevator.

The breakfast was delicious. And we loved our view. The rooms were nice.

• Queen Evolution Room

The parking was too expensive the breakfast was too expensive and the rooms were too small and they double charged me on the authorization fee I was not happy with the experience and will not be returning to this facility

The facility in itself is beautiful

Browse Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown traveller photo gallery