Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Boston-Burlington 3 stars

5 Wheeler Road, Burlington, MA 01803, USA

#4 of 6 hotels in Burlington

Easy and inexpensive access into downtown Boston!
    • King Room - Evolution

This hotel is very close to Burlington Mall where we caught the 350 (in front of Macy's) and rode into Alewife. We then transferred to the T (red line) and rode into downtown Boston. Travel time was less than an hour. We used the Charlie Card and it cost less than 10 dollars total for both of us to travel round trip into Boston and back to the mall. We just parked in the huge parking lot at the mall, but could have easily walked there from this hotel. I strongly suggest traveling this way to avoid any parking headaches!

Very good.. Pool is fantastic but the room is stifling, clock did not work, and no restroom anywhere

No restrooms within close proximity to pool and fitness room. vThankfully I had asked for a room near the pool. We have young grandchildren who need the restroom often during a swim. Many young parents ran from pool with little children.

Staff was very accommodating and we enjoyed our stay.

Great clean friendly place to stay. ;)

Only complaint was no towels at the pool. But there was a big group there that probably used them all. But when asked for more at the desk they were refilling before i got back. So not really a negative.

My kids loved the pool was nice a big and the 24 hour snack room. Was so happy breakfast was included. Was delicious.Such great staff from the desk to the kitchen. Close to the mall and many places to eat.Definitely will stay again when up that way.

We got there pretty late and we were exhausted from the...
    • King Room - Evolution

We got there pretty late and we were exhausted from the drive. We expected a nice friendly greeting but that isn’t what we got. The man that checked us in gave us attitude and wasn’t very friendly.

Hotel is very nice for the price as it good place to stay if...
    • King Room - Evolution - Disability Access

Hotel is very nice for the price as it good place to stay if you want to visit Boston city and not have to pay too much for hotel. Room is big enough and bed was comfortable, the cover was a little itchy on my skin but could be just me. House keeping forget to leave fresh towels the following day but front desk sorted it out very quick. Modern hotel would recommend to others.

Free apple, orange, lemon water and coffee available in the...
    • King Room - Evolution

Very noisy in the next door of my room. Breakfast is not quite good.

Free apple, orange, lemon water and coffee available in the lobby. WIFI is good to work in the room Room is clean and comfort Location is convenient to meet our customer

The elevator/lift was not working for the entire...

The elevator/lift was not working for the entire duration of my stay The room had a noisy fridge but it was empty and no snack available on late arrival

Convenient and clean, with a noisy HVAC unit.
    • King Room - Evolution

HVAC unit in room was so so loud, woke me up every time it went on. Skip the scrambled eggs at breakfast (no flavor) - have them make you fresh eggs instead.

Quick check in, close to everything and lots of restaurants nearby.

Egg Chef and decent sausages

Evening meal choice and high cost of the room. If I'd not been going on business I would have looked for somewhere cheaper.

Egg Chef and decent sausages

The tub drain is a deal breaker.

Tub didn’t drain. Asked for the drain to be fixed. Staff said they would take care of it. Nothing was done. Only one could shower because the tub would fill

I'd stay again
    • King Room - Evolution - Disability Access

Breakfast could have been better, I'm not sure the eggs were real. I also think my neighbor was a smoker. I could smell cigarette smoke coming through the vent in the bathroom. No fault of the Hilton's but yucky.

I liked the location a lot,it was very quiet. The bed was comfy. Room service was quick and the food was good. Free wifi was great as I was traveling for business. The keurig in the room is a nice touch as well. Much better than some hotel coffee.

Fair
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Breakfast (see above) and deceit around food quality

Appalling that we had to pay over $12 for breakfast if powdered eggs! It was awful and couldn't eat. Should tell customers that they are paying for powdered eggs. I thought breakfast was free as it was last year and made big mistake. Will not come back

The swimming pool water was nice and warm.
    • King Room - Evolution - Disability Access

Everything there is disposable which is quite a shame! That means they don't care about the environment, and they don't even recycle! I wish they had a tea maker with a variety of teas instead of those coffee machines with disposable pods that make your tea taste like old coffee... The beds and pillows were very uncomfortable.

The swimming pool water was nice and warm. The room had a microwave

Bathroom was small, curtains didn't close.
    • King Room - Evolution - Disability Access

When I arrived to the property they couldn't see my reservation. I was exhausted. I stood in the lobby for over an hour the front desk attendant wasn't very helpful didn't offer anything due to this inconvienance.

A solid choice for a budget-conscious family.

The thru-wall ventilation unit was a bit noisy. The housing of the unit was not completely installed or secured suggesting it had recently been worked on and not put together completely. There was a brown mystery stain on the carpet right next to the ventilation unit that was not appealing. The stain could have been coffee or related to the ventilation unit. Exhaust fan in the bathroom was a bit weak and it took time to clear the room, after even a short shower. Breakfast buffet looked good but was tasteless, compared to the similar one we had at a local diner the morning before.

No noise from other rooms of from the outside. Staff was friendly and helpful. Dining room staff was extra nice. Easy access to I-95 for access to Boston. Easy access to Wegman's and mall-side restaurants. Nice view of trees and grass from our room on the front side of the building -- not a desert of pavement. Nice plantings and landscaping. Staff was able to accommodate our request for early check-in.

The room is spacious enough.

The eggs were not great. But that is minor. I do wish hotels in general would start offering rooms with 2 queen beds and a pull out coach. Traveling with 3 children is not easy to fit in 1 room and getting a second room makes me nervous when they are still so young.

The room is spacious enough. Children 12 and under eat free. The continental breakfast is perfect for kids!

Behind the Boston scenes gem.

The staff were amazing. They made eye contact. They talked to me like I was a real person and actually cared what I was saying. Remarkable, in an age when computers make appointments and people rely on their devices to communicate.

Great location for Lexington, friendly staff, good food,...

Room was noisy with the air coditioner, refrigerator, ice machine next door and dripping toilet. Terrible pillows as usual.

Great location for Lexington, friendly staff, good food, decent beds, easy parking.

It is okay because shower was not working properly

The shower was not working properly. When you open the water, it will take forever to go away I had to wait a long time after my husband took the shower before me.

The hotel is not far from Boston and cambridge.

Home Away From Home

The only thing that would have helped us, was a shuttle to the airport, which may not be feasible. Just saying. Also, a few shuttles to the mall across the freeway would have been useful. All contingent with the type of business you attract, as flight crews, convention participants on the property, etc.

Staff was outstanding. Two areas of improvement. I would like to see an offering for lunch. Even pre-made sandwiches and salads would be helpful for those attending a workshop on the property. Morning room service, even just a pot of coffee would be nice. There are several repeat customers there on business. The bar restaurant area needs better, more relaxed lighting. It needs to be decorated. Just art, candles, flowers, could warm it up considerably. Ambience improved, and you have a real winner!!! I completed a critique on Yelp for Patricia in your restaurant/bar area. She is outstanding! But Yelp said that you were not registered, and said they would email me when the registration was complete. It did not happen, the issue could be costing you money. Hope you follow-up.

A great stay!

Tub wouldn't drain well. By the end of my shower I had a full tub of water. But that's not enough to call it a bad stay by any means.

Bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. Staff was always friendly and took care of my extra needs.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Great Stay in Burlington, MA

The restaurant has limited hours, only open in morning & evening. ( No lunch available) and if we just want drinks and appetizers in the middle of the day they are not opened. We did not like the breakfast buffet and could not order a preference and no room service in the morning. That was my only disappointment with the hotel.

We love this hotel. We've stayed here many times because it's so clean, staff is very friendly and the pool is awesome! It's so close to Boston to enjoy a day trip without paying the high prices for a hotel and parking. My grandson has been able to enjoy museums, Legoland and very cool restaurants! My daughter and grandson have food allergies and there are many restaurants close to the hotel that cater to their issues and we've not been disappointed! We have also found a great bakery in Cambridge (violette bakery) that is gluten free, dairy free & some vegan that amazed us and so delicious! They are a dedicated GF bakery and have sweet and savory items. I will email ahead of time for what we want and they will save them for us to pickup. They always sell out very quickly on certain items! We love the Hilton Garden Inn in Burlington, MA!

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

The staff was so friendly and helpful.

The staff was so friendly and helpful. We were with our grandchildren. We all went swimming! The water temperature was perfect! The restaurant was comfortable clean and the breakfast had everything you could want. I will be back.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

comfortable, great pool
    • King Room - Evolution

Really noisy heating/cooling unit. I had to get up in the middle of ther night to turn it off it was so noisy and going off every 20 minutes or so.

Great pool

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Problems with the room and my heater.
    • King Room - Evolution - Disability Access

Problems with the room and my heater. No restaurant open or room service in off hours. I was put in a handicap room unnecessarily which had some modified layouts which made it less comfortable.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Highly recommend it as the best best value in it's class.
    • King Room - Evolution

$12.95 for breakfast is a bit steep, not that it wasn't worth it, it clearly was. I recall my business travelling days where that was fine. But for leisure, a continental breakfast is all I really want, but it wasn't available.

Really a pleasant surprise compared to the other properties at this price point. If the coffee's good, we're going to be friends, and the coffee was great!

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Loved the full breakfast that was included in the price.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Evolution - Non-Smoking

Woman smoking right outside the door when I exited BUT it was raining. Thought a designated area would be helpful. BUT again it was raining

Loved the full breakfast that was included in the price. And the service! Loved the water with lemons and limes Cookies

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Very pleasant stay
    • King Room - Evolution

A bit far from the city, but that's ok if you travel by car.

Very nice hotel, clean, comfortable. Friendly staff and good breakfast. Will be happy to stay there again the next time we're in Boston.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

The beds were really comfy and the room was very clean .

The breakfast was a little expensive for what was offered , I had stayed at Hilton garden before and had a lot bigger selection off food and at cheaper price .

The beds were really comfy and the room was very clean . The location was easy to get to and close to interstate .

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Will never stay at this hotel again.

The facility is old and out dated. The room doors didn't close properly. Insects in the bathroom. No power vent in the bathroom. Morning meals too expensive for what I wanted. Television remote control didn't work. Room prices too high for what you get.

Not much !

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

The front desk staff was very friendly.

The room. It was directly across from housekeeping which was loud. The bathroom door did not close all of the way and could not be locked. One of the lights in the bathroom was not working.

The front desk staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Comfy bed but the customer service and room service A-

Very noisy the cleaning lady knocked on our door at 8:15am to clean our room !! And the day before we had no clean towels after she cleaned up !! We tried to talk to kacey who was at the front desk when we left . She did not even take the time to ask us or look at us she was in the phone and just took our credit card !! Worst customer service ive ever seen kacey realt does not represent very well this establishment !!! Made us doubt to go back to this location again :(

The bed were so comfortable

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Maid service ruined the hotel experience for me.

The maid service didn't wash are towels and the last day we stayed I found my razor used, I'm very disgusted and I would not recommend this place.

The staff were nice.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Ok place for a few nights.

Hall carpets were dirty and stained. Swimming pool light wash broken and laying next to the pool - we were worrying about electrical problems near the water. Breakfast was only the large buffet - an option for continental breakfast was preferred by us.

Bed comfortable and air conditioner worked well without being noisy

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Fire alarm 8/14/16

There was a fire alarm that went off at 8am and none of the guests knew what was going on and panicked and the check-in staff ignored all of us and noone told us if it was safe to go in or what happened. Was not happy with the way the situation was dealt.

The atmosphere and bar/restaurant.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

THE PRIMARY ELEVATOR BY THE LOBBY WAS NOT WORKING, HAD ROOM...
    • King Room - Evolution - Disability Access

THE PRIMARY ELEVATOR BY THE LOBBY WAS NOT WORKING, HAD ROOM AN SECOND FLOOR AND PULLING LUGGAGE YET NOT INFORMED BY FRONST DESK ELEVATOR NOT WORKING AND THE LOCATION OF THE ALTENATIVE HALF WAY DOWN LONG HALL AND AROUND A CORNER. SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN BETTER INFO RATHER THAN HAVE TO RETURN TO DESK TO FIND THAT ALTENATE ELEVATOR

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

More like a very overpriced motel

Constant noise of other guests could be heard through walls and doors, pool full of screaming kids and over chlorinated, long hallways with inconvenient access to lobby, $13 breakfast not included in room fee, cleaning carts left all day long in hall ways and cleaning only done at 17:30 in the afternoon just when you returned and wished to rest.Very high bed it was difficult to get on to.

Location was convenient for us.bathroom was clean

to long to clean rooms

to long to clean rooms

Broken closet doors, dirty towels

everything was great beds & pillows were wonderful!

everything was great beds & pillows were wonderful!

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was comfi

Everything was excellent!

Very comfortable, staff was,extremley helpful and nice.. I couldnt of asked for a better place to stay.

Efficient
    • King Room - Evolution

Furniture, carpet, and bathroom very dated. No safe. Needs painting.

Microwaves, coffeemaker, room service

Good breakfast

Good breakfast

Very comfortable and very clean I will stay there again.

The breakfast was not worth the money. Eat at the Dunkin Donuts around the corner.

It was very clean and a nice place to stay.

Decor, room design, and staff.

Breakfast wasnt the best for 12.99

Decor, room design, and staff.

Excellent!!!

Beds were great. Great pool and great hours for pool

We only stayed one night so did not get a chance to see a lot of the hotel but room was very clean .
    • King Room - Evolution

Would of liked at least a free continental breakfast available.

The cleanliness and courtesy of the staff

Breakfast was great

The prices at the restaurant was a bit high

Breakfast was great

Very accommodating staff

Very accommodating staff

Great place but needs insulation
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Evolution - Non-Smoking

The walls are far to thin and the toilets flush far to loud

Having the restaurant on site was great

Had a great time with my kids especially at the pool.

N/a

The quick response to guest services I called to make over on of my beds and they did with no hesitation.

Great locatiom, goos value

Older facility

Great staff, nice restaurant and bar

Giving me a receipt on what I paid.

Giving me a receipt on what I paid.

Food at night good

My bedding was not changed. The staff forgot and showed up around 6 pm.

Food at night good

Great Staycation!
    • King Room - Evolution

Very comfortable bed, insanely nice staff. The pool was a great perk as well. Couldn't have asked for a better weekend away!

Stay was excellent .
    • King Room - Evolution

Given wrong directions from employee Told us 495 to 32b. But should have been Rt 95 to exit 32b and so much traffic from airport

Super comfortable bed, great pool and super friendly staff.

Nothing bad to say!

Super comfortable bed, great pool and super friendly staff. Couldn't have been happier!

Enjoyed the city

Shower too small

Nice breakfast, kind staff, good quality-price rate

Bland
    • King Room - Evolution

Uninvitingly cramped lobby, room. Remodel necessary.

Inviting Lobby

Tasteful & comfortable

Paying 12.99 for breakfast

Tasteful & comfortable

Very pleasant
    • King Room - Evolution - Disability Access

Friendly staff, good service and food clean rooms

Perfect!

Vary close to downtown Boston and easy to find.

We did not eat at the property.

We had a very comfortable stay in all respects.

We did not eat at the property. Breakfast prices were not in our budget, unfortunately.

Convenient to work location

Swimming pool was awful , and staff did nt clean up the facilities

Convenient to work location

Good bar area.
    • King Room - Evolution

Large part of the hotel is quite outdated.

Good bar area. Breakfast is good.

Great place to stay!
    • King Room - Evolution

Bed was quite comfortable. Easy chair was very nice

Awesome
    • King Room - Evolution - Disability Access

It was such a wonderful experience from the great staff to the beautiful comfortable clean room and everything

Like it!
    • King Room - Evolution

A little bit far from city center

Cleanliness

good hospitality

bed was great.

Carpets look dirty

Carpets look dirty

The view from the room.

The room was exceptionally clean, towels fluffy and bed very comfortable . The staff was very accommodating and welcoming.

Exceptional

There are no comments available for this review

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Oasis in a busy city

Quiet location

It's a convenient location.
    • King Room - Evolution

It's a convenient location. Very close to the Burlington Mall and lots of restaurants and shops.

I will continue honoring hilton!

The bed