Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Northeast/Gwinnett Sugarloaf 3 stars

2040 Sugarloaf Circle, Duluth, GA 30097, USA

#11 of 21 hotels in Duluth

• One Bedroom King Suite

Wasnt happy with the price of breakfast after paying for the room. And our bed was squeaky.

We loved the indoor pool. Also had an awesome amount of space in the room with 3 kids!

I did not like that I pay that kind of money for the room and the breakfast was not included but I pay for it anyway and still did not let that ruin anything I enjoyed my stay.

I love the area and when I checked in the young man at the front desk was amazing and the room was very comfortable and spacious two thumbs up.

For starters the clerk in the front when we checked in has zero personality needs to improve customer service skills. Bed was very uncomfortable one side was sunk in like it was broken told front desk and they refuse to change our room. The guy at the bar was nice and the drinks were fair price. The young lady at check out was definitely worse then the one we had at check in she had an attitude for no reason at all. I asked for a manager and she told me managers dont work on weekends. Which i knew could not be the case but when i told her to have a nice day she rudely replied i will now that i dont have to see your face. I was taken away and i will never ever visit this location again as long as these employees are servicing me

• One Bedroom King Suite

Layout of room. Guests on sleep sofa. Bathroom door in main bedroom. Awkward. Room didn't get cleaned one day.

Breakfast was good. Staff very friendly.

Nothing really except when i had to pay $15 to the mall which is 5 minutes away because the shuttle was not available but i understood the emergency.

Clean and inviting. The staff is excellent..Andrea..kim..Carlos..not to mention Jesus the shuttle driver and all the others i failed to mention made my stay enjoyable

Bar was closed, bed was run down

But let’s talk about what really mattered! Staff staff staff!! Andrea and Tamera totally exceed all my expectations. Warm, welcoming, courteous, professional and just freaking fabulous! The whole team rocked thanks HGI you guys by far have been the best crew! Thanks Andrea it all started with you and your smile!

The 1st room, 431, we were assigned to had a terrible mattress. We could see a “dent” in the mattress and it was very uncomfortable. However, the next day we were moved to another room, 401, and it the mattress was much better.

Breakfast had a nice variety. The staff was very accommodating.

Never received enough towels each day. Bedding was insufficient---hole in sheet, no warm blankets or comforters--it was like sleeping with only 2 sheets for cover.

Bed was hard... it was not like updated Hiltons with the soft beds. It really hurt my back & didnt sleep well

Dining room was small & always had large families take up alot of space

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• King Room - Disability Access

Didnt get asked about Honors program, or if I was even a member. 😳. (I am, btw) Wished there had been a complimentary brkfst option though, would have rounded out our stay beautifully!

I was stuck in Duluth due to the Hurricane. Charging me $400/Night for a $99 room is price gouging. If I had some way of turning the hotel in I would.

Food was good

One particular staff attitude not good on checkout, I asked for a proper business invoice, guy at desk was reluctant to do a simple printout, I thought I had it but only an invoice for a breakfast. Got home, now I have the hassle of sorting this out

Can't think of a thing.

Comparing this stay in Duluth to the place we stayed last year, I could not ask for better. My stay was just fabulous that's the reason I am booking now for next year. You know same place, same time. We just felt as if we were the only guest there, you know extra special. The entire staff were more than helpful, our wish was their command. Keep up the good work. See you next year.

I rented the room because my daughter wanted to have a pool party with a couple of her 10year old friends for her birthday. The pool was closed and I wasn't informed until after checking in and taking my things to the room.

It's a clean location and friendly staff

Bed not changed and money for incidentals was not refunded and the lady at the hotel was not very friendly when I called to ask her she stated "ask your bank" and I stated if they don't help me I'm going to call back and she stated "mamm

The conveience to the mall

The room was in need of a little repair (broken trim on the edge of the bed, wood hanging from under the sink. Otherwise up to the standards of this chain of hotels.

• One Bedroom King Suite

The bed was too hard for me.. I was not comfortable.

I thought the amenities were good & the staff were great especially Andrea! She was very sweet and accommodating! She's a keeper!

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

The scanners to gain access to the rooms did not read the card keys very readily. Not a huge deal but a bit annoying when you are trying not to drop your luggage.

Modern and clean facilities. Very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

My fridge was not working. The bed is old and creaks with every movement. The hallway was very loud throughout the night with kids who just kept knocking on our door as well as others

Nearby restaurants and location

Did not like that the bed was hard as almost like sleeping on a piece of wood the floor would have been more comfortable the shower the drain did not drain the TV flickered from light to dim

I enjoyed the fact that it was close to where all my activities were at

DID YOU KNOW THAT YOUR FLOOR ON THE 3RD FLOOR IS NOT EVEN WHEN YOU WALK FROM ELEVATOR TO UR ROOM , SINCE I AM A SENIOR , THAT IS HARAZRD FOR FALL OR TIPPING OVER WHILE JUST WALKING

LOCATION

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

The room and bathroom walls in certain areas were run down. Some areas looked like they needed fixing, not typically what you see at a hilton garden inn. The shower curtain and the area around the tub was dirty in certain spots. The carpet in the room looked a little ran down. The rooms were ok but not very good compared to other hilton hotels.

The breakfast was delicious with for a great price and excellent customer service. The fitness and pool areas were very nice.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

This hotel is one we use when we visit family in the area. We love that it is clean, comfortable, and friendly. The staff are more than accommodating.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

This was my first time staying at a Hilton. The rooms were outdated and in need of more professional repair work where things had been fixed. I was under the impression that this motel would be more upscale but the room itself was more comparable to a cheaper 2 star establishment. I was told the breakfast bar would be 9.95 per person but I was under the impression when I booked that breakfast was included. I feel that this particular establishment was overpriced. I have been traveling back and forth to Emory with a sick children and was hoping that this might have been a little treat to brighten a dreary trip. We stayed at the Hyatt the week before for the same price and felt that I got my money's worth.

The location was good I felt very sage as I was traveling alone with my children. Check in was quick and easy.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

The dryer got some black stuff on my new Mickey Mouse suviner shirt. But it's all good.

Atmosphere was very pleasant. The beds were like a Cloud.customer service was prompt and curtious.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Pillows were lousy bed frame coming apart. Mattress ok not great. Comforter looked old and had hairs.

Staff was wonderful. Polite and very accommodating

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

There could be free shuttle to / from the airport... :) I wrote hotel asking some information before my arrival and got never answer from them but instead I was getting answer email from Infinity Energy Center about different options to travel there and from from the Atlanta Airport. Is a bit distance from the airport but available also by metro to Doraville and to take a bus 10A or 10B or taxi from there.

Good location close to Infinity Energy Center for the concert. Breakfast was good and included the room price. Clean room. There was swimming pool and gym close to my room even I had short time and no time for them.

Didn't see a deposit fee listed when booking my room. Nor did I see a fee for breakfast. But was told it was $9.95 per person.. Information needs to be updated. On all sites that book this facility.

Room was clean, staff nice

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

We were there for a concert and the hotel ran the shuttle after the concert until all guests had made it back to the hotel. Extremely helpful to my group.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

No free breakfast...Even the cheapest hotels I've stayed in have some sort of breakfast food.Hotel was non smoking but carpet was full of burn marks...

Room was clean.Bed was comfy.Great location.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Wish breakfast was included, but it was good, just slightly overpriced

Location was excellent for all we needed to do on Saturday night. Facility was clean and nicely appointed.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

The TV didn't work the first night and my room wasn't what I was looking for. It was really cramped.

It was very comfortable once I got into a larger room.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

They need to spray for pest, found an unwelcome one in my shower.

Overall the stay was well worth it, and the location was great to our destination. I will stay there again on my next visit.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

The bed was really hard. Even though there was supposedly a comfort dial. Also - breakfast was 9.99. Kind of steep when most hotell offer a form of free breakfast.

The staff was super friendly. The hotel was beautiful.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Staff was great but did not have a suite a available and reserved one so I had to get two room more money was not given discount and I am a hilton honors member food was good waitress were fabulous

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

We were visiting family in the area and all of our encounters with staff and all of our experiences in the hotel were excellent. We've stayed here before and are never disappointed.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

The breakfast buffet. The eggs, bacon and sausage wasn't warm. The pancake had a very unpleasant taste and the biscuits on the buffet were raw in the middle. If they fixed the breakfast buffet issues with the food only. The servers were excellent and very attentive! It was just the food, not people.

Everything was excellent! The breakfast buffet was the only thing my kids and I didn't enjoy. Other than that everything else was stellar! Excellent front desk, housekeeping, accommodations and Servers during breakfast buffet all 5 star!

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

we had confirmed booking. The room was sold out. Also they informed that the double family room was never available to booking.com I should have booked on Hilton website directly. I was charged extra $50 for incidental charges. Not sure why? I had no charges

Finally after arguing, I got a room for 4 to sleep overnight

When I booked my room payed the breakfast, but then they charge me breakfast again

Location for my work, breakfast and people attention

Lighting in bathroom was dim and

Big room, comfortable bed

Loved the indoor pool and hot tub.

The bed was comfortable. The breakfast was fantastic!!!

Everything was awesome!!! The shuttle service to the concert was a big plus and the breakfast was awesome!!

Pool needs to stay open later than 10pm

• King Room - Disability Access

Room was clean & comfortable Facility was clean & friendly Breakfast was great Staff was amazing

Price the dinner was expensive

Pool and gym very confortable.

Breakfast kind of pricey for guest

Beautiful property, good location, free parking,

pool too cold

WIFI

This hotel goes above and beyond your expectations. So friendly and so helpful. The shuttle service was amazing and our driver was wonderful!!

Heard everything neighbors were doing, very thin walls.

Very clean

Left prescription sunglasses behind called & they found them & agreed to mail them to my residence.

The breakfast was excellent for the price. The beds were comfortable and the staff was warm and friendly. Also, check in was quick.

I liked everything about this hotel.

Hotel accommodations were very nice. Indoor pool was very nice too.kids enjoyed it a lot

the bed was not good at all!

Very clean, friendly and quite. Very close to Infinite Energy Arena so a perfect place to stay if you are going to an event there.

Great front desk staff.

Value- expected more for the price I paid. Rooms need to be updated.

Big Rooms, very friendly staff-members

Swimming area and breakfast

Pillows not comfortable, bed hard, TV remote did not work had to try two more until one worked, tub did not drain very good.

Size of room and location

n/a

n/a

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Maybe Price.

cleanliness

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

The air conditioner didn't world and there was missing peace.

I don't like that breakfast had to be paid for. We didn't get it because of this.

The patios outside were awesome!

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

I was disappointed that breakfast was an additional charge.

Convenient location

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

We always choose to stay here when we stay in Duluth.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

find location

Clean and nice staff

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

We were told that the breakfast was complimetary and it was not. That was disappointing.

The room was suffecient. My children enjoyed the pool.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

The location to a room near my company H/Q

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

My car was dead the morning I needed to leave. Staff was very nice to jump me off. Very helpful!!! Thank you!❤️

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Location and shuttle service to my destination.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016