Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center 3 stars

2301 Sullivan Road, Atlanta, GA 30337, USA

#70 of 250 hotels in Atlanta

The bed covers are two small for two adults to have to share and sleep comfortably. Yes, you can call the front desk and get a extra blanket, but that is a inconvenience. Not all people who are sharing a bed are romantically involved.

Over all was happy with the accommodations. The staff was very professional, and pleasant to deal with. The room was comfortable as well as the beds to sleep on.

Service quality is weak. We waited for the shuttle bus from the airport during 1h, saw one bus drive by without stopping, called the hotel twice getting to voice mail every time and finally had to ride a taxi. I complained at the desk and got offered some water in exchange.

• Queen Junior Suite

The airco in our room was a little old and noisy so we put it off although it worked properly. Nothing further to complain.

Our flight was delayed for 2 days but luckily we were able to book a last minute room for 1 night. We even got upgraded to a junior suite with a kingsize bed (the mattress was very comfortable!) We were pleasantly surprised by the hospitality and the kindness of the staff members! We even booked a second night at the same hotel because of that and also because the breakfast was really good! They make well tasting and fresh pancakes and eggs your way. We'd definitely recommend this hotel.

• Queen Junior Suite

Overcharged us, no free breakfast, room was beat up and lots of things broken, got in late and kitchen was open but would only make fried food.

Roof over head

• Queen Junior Suite

my room was not the room that was offered to me on booking.com my toliet was stopped up my entire stay didn't get someone to fix it until the next day before checkout and also i was mad because booking shows pictures of a room that doesn't exist at this hotel...had to go to the 3rd floor just to get ice my room was on the 4th floor and i didn't like that im only able to get 35 dollars back out of 171.27 with all of these issues so i still paid more than i feel the room was worth not sure if i will ever book through booking.com anymore

the breakfast and hotel loved it i would love to stay again minus all the issues

Took over an hour to check in . Very frustrating after a long drive . Room was very dark . Not a lot of lighting

Bed was comfortable staff was friendly and good breakfast next morning

The lighting in the room

It was amazing , the staff was so kind! I requested an early check in because I needed to put my bags down for my business meeting and my room was ready at 10:30!!! I was so glad it made things go so smoothly, plus my room was perfectly clean and comfortable! Loved it!

When I arrived I arrived a little late because my plane was delayed 2 hours got to my room and there was no towels in my room I called downstairs to front desk and staff told me I had to come and get them myself. In night 2 there was smell off marijuana coming into my room I called front desk they said they can’t do anything about it.

All lights in room had to be turned on individually, no switches. No water pressure in shower, and bathtub did not drain. When 1st checked into room we noticed the toilet paper was not even new..... looked 3/4 of the way used. And the t.v. in the room was difficult to use.

Staff was nice, rooms look exactly like they do in the pictures online .

Convenient! Also, the staff were WONDERFUL! Every person we saw at or around the front desk were so friendly, efficient and sweet! Hilton-you outdid yourselves hiring these wonderful people!

The staff was energetic, friendly, and always greeting us with a smile. The breakfast was delicious and included a wonderful assortment of hot and cold choices. The lobby area was very comfortable to get work done, particularly when I needed to leave my room, so as not to disturb my family members.

Would be nice if the microwave was a little larger and also paying to park is an awful ideal.That needs to be changed!!

Staff was very friendly and helpful and all of the accommodations were outstanding.

The bed.

The facility location was fine but having to pay to Park was/is a bummer. The lighting in the room[s] is too dim and the shelves for housing clothing and belongings is also a bummer. No dresser draws - really. This is the only hotel I've ever stayed in with dimly lighted rooms and no dresser draws. This is just a few of the reasons why I normally stay at the LaQuinta around the corner. Also, the flow of the water from shower was too low.

Its just a suggestion and its about at the door of the room the latch was too low and my daughter of 4 y/o could easily open the door and run away, the for me was concerning and no safety for my family.

For me the most important thung its cleanses and quietness and at this hotel I found it. I will definitely will come back.

Two times I had called ahead to make sure the billing went on my credit card, and they confirmed, yet when my family member who was from Florida escaping IRMA went to the desk, they tried to bill her credit card. The manager was GREAT! He corrected any/all problems we had with the billing.

Convenient location coming from Florida and enjoyed the room having a microwave and refrig.

• Queen Rooms with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Water in pool was dirty. View from our room wasn't nice. Safe in room was not working and will not be fixed.

Air condition worked good, comfy bed and good breakfast

• King Junior Suite

We reserved a crib online. When we arrived I asked the front desk staff about it and they said they'd have it sent up. Nearly an hour and a half later no one had shown so we called down. We were then told they didn't have any more left and it was a first come first serve basis. If that's the case, don't bother having any options to reserve one online since it sets an expectation and we were left trying to get our toddler to sleep on a pull out couch

Comfortable room. Beautiful grounds

Room service was wonderful- brought drinks and then dinner, still hot! Staff very helpful with the one miscommunication, problem solved quickly and completely!

Parking was 10$ per night. Found a used complimentary toothbrush and toothpaste in our "clean " bathroom. Reported to desk , she did not offer to change our room. One of the beds was literally short sheeted. Complained in the am and was given 5000 points to compensate. Area was back in a ware house looking place. Our window looked out on to a concrete wall.

Pretty lobby. Nice staff. Comfortable bed. Shuttle service.

You shouldn't have to pay for parking on the premises,the pillows were too soft,and the juices for breakfast are watered down

The rooms were very spacious and very comfortable and the premises overall were kept clean

• Queen Junior Suite

My shower did not drain well, room 408.

We stayed in a junior suite for 5 people. So spacious. The front desk texted me a few hrs into my visit to ask me if I needed anything. They have an airport shuttle that runs from 4:30 am until 2:00 am the next day. It runs at the top and bottom of the hour.

The only thing I didn't like about my stay was the extra charge for parking and limited parking spaces. So if there were no parking spaces available I would have to park on the street away from the hotel which is not safe for a family with little children.

My stay at the Hilton was great, rooms clean and staff EXCELLENT!!

NO COMPLAINT

THE B-FAST WAS WONDERFUL, STAFF VERY HELPFUL MY ENTIRE SSTAY WAS LOVELY I WOULD TELL EVERYONE TO STAY AT THE HILTON THEY TAKE CARE ALL OF YOUR NEEDS

My first room had a huge wet spot near the AC, moved to a room that had a very strong chemical smell and finally got an OK one. The staff was very distracted chatting with others at check in, seemed to be run by young inexperienced people. I had to ask for things they forgot to give me , like breakfast coupons, and then had an attitude like I was bothering them. They advertise free airport shuttle but that doesn't include the international terminal so I had to take an uber. The hotel is at least 10-15 mins from the airport so the cab was $20 each way. I thought that was expensive since I really just wanted the room to make it easy to catch an early flight. I would never stay here again for any reason.

The breakfast was a combination of fruit and breads and made to order eggs, meat, vegetables. It was better than the normal buffet at most "free breakfast " hotels but unless you got the breakfast deal when booking the room it was $15 and not worth that much.

My room was located next to the elevator. Every time it stopped on my floor, it would make this loud noise. It was bothersome in the middle of the night.

I had issues with my bill. Darlene Nimmons was very professional in explaining the charges on my bill and she made me feel like she was really concerned about me as a customer. She was very helpful. We need more people like Darlene in the hospitality profession.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

The location is in an industrial area, there is not much to do. It has immediate access to the airport and is great for a business stay, however the location may not be conducive to a family vacation. The drive downtown is anywhere from 20-30 minutes.

The staff is incredible. No matter what time of day they are always bubbly, happy to see you and happier to help. I arrived on Wednesday 6/14 after nearly 8 hours of driving; I was exhausted and not in the most pleasant of moods, that is until I met Bridgette. Her empathy, warm, cheerful and caring personality woke me up and made me smile; it was exactly what I needed. I got lost finding my room and ran into Head Chef Vernon; not only did he quickly become my tour guide, he asked me if I had eaten and made suggestions based on the type of foods I mentioned liking in conversation (his suggestions were spot on) Ms. Sharell and Ms. Valencia provided excellent service in the dining area and Brandon was FANTASTIC at the front desk in the evening. I work in an industry that is fast paced, performance is paramount and the customer experience is the key indicator of our success. I have run several successful teams in chaotic atmospheres and learned that we were only as strong as our bond to each other and dedication to a common goal. I can say with absolute certainty that the team at the Hilton Garden is one of the best I have ever encountered in all my travel; their bond is strong and their commitment to their guests is clear in every interaction. The feeling of family is genuine and sets them apart of all of the nearby competition. I thoroughly look forward to staying there again.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

The first room we were in (227?) had a terrible view of a lower flat roof covered with black stuff and rocks. I felt like I was looking at a road about to be paved. Due to the outlet not working in our bathroom, we were moved to a different room on the 5th floor with beautiful green views. Staff was great about moving us.

Check in was super easy and fast. Staff was very helpful. The outlet in our bathroom did not work- the GFI was broken. I called the front desk and they moved us (well, we moved ourselves) into a new room immediately.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Queen Junior Suite

You should not have to pay extra for parking when you pay that much for a room. Had to park in a field the 2nd night due to overcrowded parking lots. The location would be hard to find without a GPS app. Should offer free breakfast for price of rooms.

The service at the restaurant on site was outstanding!!! Room was very nice. Easy to access room. No issues with the hotel itself.

Parking for hotel guest could be free.

I enjoyed my stay. Customer service was excellent. Rooms were newly renovated and luxurious. I was traveling with a family of 8 and they were very satisfied with the hospitality.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

This was a one-night stop after a transatlantic flight. It seemed that they read my mind: easy check-in, casual grill for a light dinner, comfortable bed and quiet room, cooked-to-order breakfast. Even the shuttle driver was great - offered cold water on the ride.

I would rate this place a C

Not enough lights in the room. light was dim, dirt in the corner of the floor. No suitcase rack, no dresser drawer for shirt and other item. No coffee table in living suite. no end table

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Our allocated room was comfy but near to the outside patio area. The orange lights were invasive in the room, especially as the curtains gapped and we were unable to close them completely. A lot of footfall outside the room was quite noisy.

The restaurant food choice was limited but very tasty and good value for money.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Had one printer down and one out of ink when I tried to print my boarding ticket. The front desk was extremely helpful even though it seems like everyone decided to check in all at once after I approached her for help.

Nice rooms, great staff,dinner was great in the restaurant.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

We did not like that the fans in the bathroom did not work. We called the front desk to fix it but nobody ever came nor a check-up. The Sunday morning front desk staff 03/05/17 was HORRIBLE!!! As a guest i should be made to feel the hotel is my home away from home. The business room for guests copy machine was not properly working-i asked the manager DeShawn(i think is his name) to make a copy for me. He didit; as i was looked at like a nuisance. After he gave me my copies rudely&i thanked him, he did not even respond just went back to doing paperwork. He was so rude!

I liked our check in front desk staff on saturday 3/04/17. Her name was Nicole--SUPER FRIENDLY&OUTSTANDING customer service. We also enjoyed our check out staff on 3/6/17. The rooms beds were awesome.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Menu of the room service does not have lots of choices.

Staff are nice and helpful. Room is quite large, the bed is comfortable. I would return here if I have occasion to travel again to Atlantathe

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

The cleaning smell from the bathroom( like an old mop) but other then that everything else was fine.

Proximity to the airport, the room was clean, just had a little smell in the bathroom. Other then that it was good.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Shuttle from the ATL airport was not often. I had to wait long time and ended up using the Shuttle of the hotel next door. Printer did not work in the business center. Breakfast Buffett food could be refreshed more often. eggs were dry.

King Bed was comfortable. clean room. Staff was nice and provided good service.

From the front desk staff to the restaurant staff, everyone was so nice and friendly! The room was large, clean and the bed was amazingly comfortable! Very convenient to the airport. Will stay there again when traveling through Atlanta!

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

• Queen Rooms with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

For Hilton Garden Inn standards, this one is rather aged and had seen better days. The double room had a rattling air conditioner dating back to middle ages, a rather symbolic one (1) sheet of note-paper left in the stationery box and a hairdryer that was simply dead broken. The in-house restaurant did not excite, although did not quite induce vomit either. Breakfast was ok, but just ok. Have seen much better HGI hotels elsewhere, but this one does not live up to its name.

Nothing spectacular. Does the typical "airport overnight hotel" job, but just barely.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

I wanted to have dinner outside of the hotel. Everything was quite far away (I had no car), so I decided to stay in.

Great breakfast: fresh waffle, omlett, fresh fruit. (healthy items are limited, though) Well-organized shuttle to and from airport. If you need to go to the international terminal, get off at the domestic terminal (there is no international terminal drop-off for the hotel shuttle). If you have only carry-on luggage, you can get your boarding pass at the domestic terminal, get through security check, and take the train to the international terminal. Much faster than taking another shuttle bus to the international terminal from the domestic. If you have check-in luggage, this will not work. Then you have to transfer to another shuttle that will take you to the international terminal. Unfortunately, I ended up taking the shuttle from the international terminal on arrival to the domestic terminal to catch the hotel shuttle, which added 35 minutes to my trip. By train, it is 10 minutes.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Staff did not know much...could not find reservation. I had to email confirmation to front desk.charged for parking 8$.did not give free breakfast coupon charged 27.70 for cold self service meal.Had to show free breakfast in reservation.no food manager on duty to credithe meals...resolved with cash refund by accountant manager.not usual Hilton customer service. THIS was really disappointing.

Facility

a good 20 to 30 minutes from Atlanta. Pool was out of action

Very nice and helpful staff; good value for money. Excellent location for the airport and rental car location

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Mixup with van service because driver picked us up and did not ask us where we we going and dropped us off at Hampton Inn. When we called Hilton Garden Inn, they stated they could not come get us and we should take a van back to the airport. The restrauant was unimpressive with part of the meal being cold. We will not stay there again.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

The staff was awful. I booked this for some friends, and when they got there and tried to charge the card I left on file, they were told that wasn't possible and made them pay themselves. Then told them the next morning payment hadn't gone through and that they needed to to"get their mess together." Completely incompetent staff.

The rooms were very nice and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

Staff was attentive and professional during check-in. Room was clean and comfortable. I've stayed in surrounding hotels at one time or another and this was by far the best!

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

Check in clerk did not seem to care if we were there or not. Also, I thought the room was overpriced at $199. And although the breakfast buffet was nice, I thought it would be included for $199 (before tax and fees)

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

no earlier shuttle service for early flights, the shelter was slow in picking us and others up from the airport. as we observed holiday Inn shuttle had 3 or 4 shuttles to Hilton's 1, in the time frame we were waiting to be picked up.

we're were there a very short time. we had an early flight.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

Staff had difficulty finding my reservation and verifying I had paid in advance for breakfast.

Room was clean, breakfast was excellent,close to the venue we were visiting.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

Need continental breakfast. Still don't understand the billing. The staff member told me I would receive 60 dollars back for each room. I still haven't received that yet.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

Paying $8 a day for parking. Didn't find that out until I checked in. Don't like surprises.

Comfortable room. Love the look and style of the hotel for the money paid.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

A light breakfast would have made our stay perfect.

We felt safe and considering the location next to a major airport were very pleased with how quiet our room was.

couldn't get warm water from shower

beds were comfortable

I wish the pool was all night.

• Queen Rooms with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

only 1 downside: the bathroom mirror was too high to see out of from my wheelchair

the wheelchair accessible room was great

$10 parking per night and a $50 hold on your card for incidentals.....

Waiting two hours for the shuttle

Clean and comfortable

The fact breakfast wasn't included and I got charged twice for my room

It was clean

Leaving

Room

Comfy room, quiet and spacious

Environment

Food was good and good value, this was our first stop having flown in to the states so a good nights sleep was our top priority.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Lovely breakfast

Very neat and great customer service

No early check in

My family loved the breakfast!!!

Check in took too long.

Best food

Room service too hi for the quality of food you get ...

The bed was very comfortable

The bed

Had to pay for parking

The staff

Beautiful Grounds Great Staff Lots of Smiles Great Location

Horrible

The rooms

Staff was excellent

I like the bed it was very comfortable