Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North/Alpharetta 3 stars

4025 Windward Plaza, Alpharetta, GA 30005, USA

#4 of 27 hotels in Alpharetta

Bed were extremely comfortable rooms nice and quiet with the...

Being charged for breakfast and water bottles in the room.

Bed were extremely comfortable rooms nice and quiet with the exception of the party that was going on.

Relaxing and enjoyable

Elevators were painfully slow. Lots of waiting. No room service for food,my wife was told she had to come down to the lobby to get it and bring it back to the room. She has trouble walking, she didn’t go.

In-house restaurant food was wonderful. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Beautiful property and facilities. Good stuff canceled out the not quite so good stuff.

I really felt like i was in a great area and with the staff member that worked at the Hilton caring.

I love everything about my stay there wasn't anything to say negative about my stay..

The front desk staff had a positive attitude and always smile before and upon my departure. The housekeeping staff was very polite and considerate.

Loved it
    • King Room with Luxury Bathroom

Everything was wonderful. We stayed here for a quick romantic getaway after our wedding and we enjoyed all this place had to offer. The place is beautiful and the food is delicious. The value for all this place has to offer is great!! We are definitely coming back and this time with the kids.

The rooms are smaller than I expected but other than that...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The rooms are smaller than I expected but other than that the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The bed is extremely comfortable and the breakfast was very good. Overall it was a good stay. If I came back I would have to get a room where the bed and the sofa were separated other than that great place to stay.

Not bad for the price

The room was a bit small, the bathroom had an odor. There looked like mold growing in the shower tiles.

Fast easy check in process. Nice personal at the front desk. Flavored water offered in the lobby was a nice touch.

It was okay and probably visit again. Who Knows!!!

What I DIDN'T LIKE ABOUT THE HOTEL was that we booked through Expedia.com and were we only could use a complimentary access pass to the wifi for 1 hour. I paid $192.00 plus a service fee for $10 a day which is refundable. We also couldn't eat breakfast unless we booked through the hotel itself. So breakfast was $12.99 each, so we ate out the whole weekend. In the rooms there are curtains that don't close shut in the middle, so when the sun rose, WE did also which was annoying after a night in the city.

The overall room was very comfy. The shower felt great!! Hubby and I slept peacefully, and didn't have any issues with staff, or guests. Would likely recommend the room to others if they are interested in a nice hotel for the weekend.

I was very displeased by the quality of service I received with having the Hilton name on the sign.

Several things, I have pics to prove it. Also I didn’t like having to ask several times to heat the pool up, which NEVER happened. That’s the reason we chose this location, it was for the pool (and each time we swam my son and I both were shivering). Also treated rudely by the lady manager in the dining hall/breakfast area. I had poor experience two of the three mornings we ate. My five year old son even had spoiled milk served to him, thankful I noticed it before it made him sick. Mold in our room, my goodness this is just a few things. Mainly the pool I asked about Sunday morning when I checked in and it never did get heated. I continued asking about the pool several more times, I wouldn’t come back to this property. One morning the chef was too busy talking with another guest ahead of me, I got tired of waiting to place an order (I didn’t eat that morning). Very unprofessional, the last day we changed rooms and I bought a breakfast with my online booking. That’s when the manager lady had me walk to the front desk insisting I didn’t purchase a breakfast meal. Rude! Keep in mind, this review is written two weeks after our stay and these are the issues that easily come back to mind. I’m sure I could think of more unmerited issues, the bathroom wasn’t fully clean when I first checked in. I posted floor pics, I have more but it’s late and I had to go through many pics to find the ones I shared with you. I did meet some enjoyable employees, the maintenance guy was never around when needed and the staff never followed through with having the pool heated. Again, that’s the only reason we came to this location, it was my gift to my son to swim during Christmas.

Indoor swimming pool was dirty / closed for painting...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Indoor swimming pool was dirty / closed for painting (while we reserved this hotel for the indoor pool (for our children). Instead we received free access to an another indoor pool at a nearby fitness which was ok

Good place to stay for where we were visiting.

1.Cable TV source had very limited HD channels - great HD TV set but not a good source of channels. 2. Bathroom sink was slow to drain. 3. TP (Angel Cloud - Professional) was rough to the touch.

Room was comfortable and spacious enough.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

This hotel is unprepared !!!!

This hotel was very unprepared. I understood there was a cold front coming but they didnt even prepare for it. We had no running water from 8pm to about 7am our 1st night. Which means we couldnt flush the toliets, we couldnt take a shower. It was miserable. And all they could say was sorry. I really feel as tho they should have at least discounted our rooms for the first night because it was horrible. Then the room service sucked because they were under staffed so for the little food they did have you had to go all the way downstairs to pick up.

That there was a bed. Thats really about it.

Dissatisfied

The female bartender who tried to charge our room because ppl with same initial of last name skipped out on check and I was upstairs bathing my son and I don't drink. She was extremely rude and fire pit was filthy..

Front desk and pool

Rooms were cozy, just right for an overnight stay!

The pool area looked like the walls may have needed maintenance. Tiles blended the shower into the wall. It looked as though a couple of things may have been on the wall and ripped off, but nobody ever fixed it after it was torn down.

The lobby was quaint yet beautiful! My daughter spilled complementary cocoa by accident, and they contacted the cleaning person quickly and with all politeness. Dinner at the restaurant was deliciously divine!

Extremely Disappointed!

Female bartender who was extremely rude to myself, and family. Also her attempt to make us pay for unordered drinks by others who skipped on check because our last name started with same letter and I paid cash was outside and wife in room bathing our son! Poor treatment by other guests gone until noticed and this was our third stay at this hotel We expected alot more. We were treated poorly and is not a family friendly establishment especially for hype and cost! We will never stay here again and will not recommend it to anyone! We had been evacuees prior then decided to stay for leisure. Will not ever return for money paid to be abused was ridiculous. Kids running all hours of night, teenagers drunk outside threatening my wife and 5 yr old son..List goes on it was like a living nightmare and we were so taken aback from prior two stays left shaking our heads. 10-13 to 10-15-17

Front desk was very pleasant. That's it!

Glad it is over

They don't have microwave in the rooms, they has construction going on with drilling and a jackhammer type sounds going on....parking was expensive not what I was expecting

Covered parking

Fantastic!!! My Husband and are planning a once-a month- getaway stay at this location!!!

Can't think of anything on my end

This was an amazing overnight Birthday Stay. G Stoudimire was so welcoming, and pleasant the check-in was speedy and my husband and I was in our room in less than 10 minutes, considering the amount of guess for a family reunion. Ginova and hope I have her name correctly was an awesome bar attendant, what a pleasant time at the bar with friendly customers and her great service. The room was beautiful, clean, and the bed was the best!!!!! Very Comfortable, it was worth the drive from Snellville Ga. I would recommend the Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Windward for a great place to stay. Wonderful Staff! What a Great BIRTHDAY!!

Pretty location, nice rooms. Convenient to Northern Atlanta area.

Can't think of anything.

Check in was seamless. Very pretty location. It isn't too far from North Georgia Outlet mall, but it is a ways from downtown Atlanta attractions. Room was nice and clean, lots of parking. Good restaurants within walking distance. The check in and out staff was excellent, wifi was good. And we got a good price through Booking.com.

Great hotel!

Everything was perfect

They have free wifi,indoor swimming pool,computer area,mini store,and a restaurant inside. Great location its beside the mall publix walmart and a ton of other restaurant. The staff was amazing.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Nice. Cozy. Quiet.

The bathroom was a bit old school looking. That's really it. I liked the facility and the room.

The bed was super comfortable. Furnishings nice and neat. Nice closet.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Awesome staff!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds Accessible with Bathtub-Non-Smoking

The staff was awesome! I called back after checking out and I had left something in the nightstand and they went to room and got it and left it st the front desk for me!

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

The AM chefs and female staff that waited on us were awesome.

There was confusion over the free breakfast coupons versus the slips a male staff member handed out and kept adamantly pointing out to every one of us right as we sat down to sign right away, though it turned out to be unnecessary and the family hadn't seen each other in years and wanted to greet each other as they came down, first. You might consider a pole lamp near the stuffed chair in case someone works or reads there at night [and doesn't want to disturb the other person who is sleeping]. PM coffee in the lobby with the lovely cookies. We didn't use the Keurig upstairs. The apples were a bit over-ripe and mushy, and it takes 3 times to toast bagels or muffins on the toaster grill. [But the food was otherwise superb.] We had significant trouble finding the hotel, twice. Couldn't the hotels in Alpharetta, or at least the 2 Hilton Gardens, jointly run a shuttle from the airport twice a day? We all would have paid a significant amount for this service. One young couple were exhausted running after their 1.5 year-old for 3 days. Could you have a stroller handy? It would have made the world of difference to them.

The AM chefs and female staff that waited on us were awesome. We already miss those breakfasts. [We should have used the exercise room.] The room was simply perfect; I wish I could have taken the mattress and pillows home. . The 1st floor bathroom was convenient, especially for a large group of all ages. Parking was easy and the elevator quick and quiet. I was touched that the desk gave out free milk for the baby on request, during the day. We were there for a wedding and the large table in front of the fire was perfect for get-togethers.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Excellent Hotel/Price

No FREE breakfast

Very nice secluded location in business district, free wifi, indoor pool, microwave/frig in room, EXCELLENT price, not 2 close/far from Buckhead ATL

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Excellence prevails!

Just all around excellent staff. Rooms were immaculate and very comfy. Pool was very nice to relax in. The 24 hour convenience store availability was great too. An excellent stay. Will stay again!

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Very nice place to stay

Room smelled as if someone had smoked there fortunately it was only a faint smell. Thought the price for the breakfast buffet was a bit overpriced.

Very polite staff and very helpful.

AC left on a cold 60 degrees when we arrived, loud hallways,...

AC left on a cold 60 degrees when we arrived, loud hallways, toilet turned on every 20 mins all night, no TP holder. Breakfast was extra.

Friendly staff, Nice clean and comfortable rooms and great...

Friendly staff, Nice clean and comfortable rooms and great breakfast

Pretty good
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

We had blood on our sheets but they did change right away.

Very nice place. Staff amazing.

Girl's weekend to

Needed bigger bar

Friendly, helpful staff

I truly enjoyed my stay and would stay there again if I am in the area.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The bed was comfortable and the room had a great fresh smell. The staff was extremely nice.

It was awesome

Who did i pay ?

Rooms

very nice
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Toilet needed fixing (stopped up) and the vinyl on the toilet seat was peeling..made toilet seat feel scratchy.

The refreshments in the lobby

The Pool !
    • King Room with Luxury Bathroom

There was something odd looking in the bottom of my toilet

The Pool !

Beds were hard .
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Beds were hard ...pool was cold and small...breakfast should have not been 12.00 a person

Decent.
    • King Room with Luxury Bathroom

The “luxury bathroom” we booked was just a regular bathroom. Despite paying extra. Basic small tub, basic shower head. Small space.

The room was nice.

The cost associated with breakfast

The room was nice.

I would stay again

Breakfast waiter ,breakfast is excellent

Everything was great especially free pass to gym love it

Indoor pool
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

The pillows on the beds was to soft

Indoor pool

it was short but, not worth the price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds Accessible with Bathtub-Non-Smoking

pillows, broken toilet

Your pillows are very uncomfortable

Will never stay there again

Overcharged

The food was Awesome,Quiet,Cozy and the staff was very...

The food was Awesome,Quiet,Cozy and the staff was very friendly, definitely would go back there!! 💯💯👍

Hilton said that breakfast wasn't included.

Hilton said that breakfast wasn't included. The manager did allow us free breakfast, though. Booking needs come to an agreement with Hilton.

Overall it is a great hotel and it also has free parking.
    • King Accesible with Bathtub

Cleanliness

Great bed Great location friendly staff

No free breakfast

very clean location great

Location very peaceful 😴

Free wifi slow,breakfast eggs and grits no flavor.

Location very peaceful 😴

Just wasn't as Nice like the others we've visited !!!

The parking is far from property... The pool area Not clean and didnt have a hot tub like Most !!!! Disappointed

Cleanliness

Pleasant and comfortable weekend stay ... 👍.

Exercise facility equipment could be updated.

The property is well maintained .

Nice for the price.

One of the elevators was out of service and the one working took extremely long.

The bed was very comfortable.

I would stay again

The bed and pillows

Front desk lady with nice.

My stay at the Hilton Garden ranked high above my personal satisfation standards.
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

I really enjoyed my stay. Great service friendly staff. Breakfast was great. Also liked complimentary coffee and fresh water with lemon.

I loved it

The room was clean and comfortable

Delightful stay

I had to pay for breakfast

Quiet and comfortable

Roach in my room, no free breakfast, had to pay for...

Roach in my room, no free breakfast, had to pay for continental breakfast.

Bar staff was extremely attentive and kind.

Bar staff was extremely attentive and kind.

Great stay!

Great service

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Great people, fair price, and unfortunately breakfast at...

No free breakfast

Great people, fair price, and unfortunately breakfast at this place is not free and cost 12.95 for cold eggs and bacon

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Nice Stay

Cramped getting into the room with a luggage cart

Comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Great staff

The staff at the hotel was awesome very attentive to my 7 year old.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Road trip heaven

Great place, staff recommended an awesome pizza place across the street. Loves it!

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

n/a

staff was excellent

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

I liked the attention.

The breakfast options were a little limited.

I liked the attention.

Awesome for its purpose
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The elevators malfunctioned. Light broken in bathroom.

Cleanliness of room. Staff was nice

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Cant think of a thing

Bartender was great

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Stayed and extra day with no hassel

Breakfast buffet I felt was over priced

Stayed and extra day with no hassel

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Great staff, they make u feel like family.

Great staff, they make u feel like family. Every convenience nearby but it feels like its out in the country

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

bed was comfortable

Closer to Cumming, GA and had to pay for breakfast

bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

The front desk clerks were very friendly, from the night we...

The front desk clerks were very friendly, from the night we checked in from the morning we left.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

The location was really nice.

Only down side was breakfast wasn't free .But it was really good .

The location was really nice.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Friendly professional staff. Comfy room

Friendly professional staff. Comfy rooms

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Relaxing weekend

Wish they had a hot tub in house! Not really a complaint just a suggestion.

Staff friendly! Room nice! Close to shopping and food.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016