Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Queens/JFK 3 stars

148-18 134th Street, Queens, NY 11430, USA

#62 of 119 hotels in Queens

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Super nice friendly staff, great location for emergency...

Very strong air freshener odor, carpet looked like needed some cleaning

Super nice friendly staff, great location for emergency overnight stay due to canceled flight

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

W O R S T ever in my life

It was the worst place that I EVER stayed. I'm a big fan of Hilton, but this time I was totally devastated this one. First of all, I know it's not a hotel and I didn't expext much. But I had some questions about the inn and tried to call several times and send tons of emails. What I got is employee's very unpleasnt tone and terrible service. They sound so bothered and unhelpful. Plus even if I sent lots of emails I didn't get any replies. And the facilities? No way. This inn doesn't deserve this price. I will NEVER EVER stay here again and may have to think through Hilton brand again.

You shouldn't have to pay extra for decent drinking...

You shouldn't have to pay extra for decent drinking water; especially when you're paying over $200 a night for a room. If the bottled water in the room isn't free to ALL guests (rather than just Hilton Honors card holders), the hotel should at least provide a chilled, fresh water dispenser alongside the ice machine in the corridor.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

A comfortable, convenient place to stay close to JFK.

I was in transit between two very long flights so I appreciated the proximity to the airport and the convenient shuttle. The salmon at dinner was delicious.

Excellent location for JFK but, overall, a disappointing stay given the brand’s reputation.

I checked in around 2pm but no bar or restaurant facilities were available until 5pm other than the small shop at reception. I was charged $263 room rate on checking in. However, when my receipt was emailed me after departure it was for $219. I have queried this via booking.com email but as yet have had no response. For the size of the room and facilities I was disappointed.

Excellent location for JFK and a great shuttle service on the half-hour. Reception staff on the evening of my stay could not have been more helpful.

Service was great
    • King Room - Disability Access

I had to park my car outside. Especially in New York because the hotel charge for parking. Your customers need to know ahead of time that parking are not free.

Service was great

Not worth it.

The shuttle is supposed to run every 30 mins but this doesn't actually happen. I waited over 1 hour for a shuttle only to be told that the driver is going to Federal Circle and cant take me to my terminal.

The room was very clean and comfortable.

A place away from home!

The place could use some upgrading. Stepping out of the elevators the wall paper was peeling and damaged.

The receptionist Kamara was fantastic. She ensured that your needs were met. They like the words " I have a promise"!

Very close to the airport.

There was a construction on the road outside the hotel. Not something that hotel can control. That was the only downside.

Very close to the airport. Very convenient shuttle service.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

I did not like , I was desperate to sleep since I had 10 hr...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Construction next to my window in early morning .. reception did not inform me of that

I did not like , I was desperate to sleep since I had 10 hr flight and the other connected flight delayed for 10 hours moee

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

The check in took too much time.

The check in took too much time. Not only for me, I was in line for like half an hour or even longer and they were basically only dealing with two or three check-ins before me.

I will be sure to tell everyone I know how little my business was valued.

I reserved a room with a deposit and they gave it to someone else. The hotel was full so I had to sleep in the lobby for 5 hours and wait for someone to check out. It was a terrible experience. While I slept in the lobby I wasn't offered anything to drink or even a pillow. I have never been treated so poorly. This made it difficult to get enough sleep to be prepared for my conference presentation.

it was very bad day.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Dirty and sneak illegal private car driver lured us to get into his car, and he wants to charge us $150 for 2 miles! we gave him $92 because he threaten us! We asked the airport stuff to get a shuttle to get the hotel. The sneak driver followed us because he heard we asked about the shuttles. He pretends the airport stuff said to us "I show you the shuttles". So we have followed him he drove a business fit shuttle and said to us this is the shuttles and lure us into his car. The driver is a middle-aged white man.

the front desk was every helpful.

Nice hotel, but unreasonable and excessive charges to park your vehicle

I enjoy staying at this hotel, however, I find it extremely offensive that they charge $30 per day to park your vehicle in their parking that includes a sign that tells you to park at your own risk ... they are not responsible for your vehicle. Parking on the premises should be INCLUDED if you are staying in their hotel.

I had expectations for transportation that was not meet.

The location really isn't near JFK as booking.com says. There are NO taxi's at the hotel, its in a out of the way remote location. There is construction right in front of the entry, which makes it more difficult to find the entry.

The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The pillows in my room where very nice and the room was comfortable.

Functionally perfect for layover night.

There were no towels in our room when we arrived and had to call to get some.

We stayed there to tolerate traveling from Europe to the west coast for one night. The shuttle was prompt, checking easy, food at the restaurant adequate, comfortable bed and easy shuttle back. Really exactly what we wanted.

Hilton you get what you pay for.
    • Queen Room

I didn't like the tap in the bathroom sink. It's a little too short and water splashed everywhere when washing your hands.

A wide assortment of food and drinks available for breakfast. The hotel is roomy and very clean.

The room was very clean.

Nothing bad to say.

The room was very clean. the bed was comfortable. The lady at the front desk was so helpful answered all of my questions and help me find food. I forgot to get her name she was light skin and had wavy hair. The lady with the dreads was very helpful. I wish all hotels front desk were polite and nice like them.

Did the job, just needed a place to stay while my flight was delayed.

Billing was confusing, I have pending charges for 2 times the room and 2 times incidentals or $50. Snacks were outrageously expensive, bring your own.

It is convenient to the airport and shuttles were on time with friendly drivers.

Close to airport!

No breakfast for early morning travelers.

Very close to the airport. Shuttle is available even for earlier flights. Hotel restaurant has above-average food, properly prepared and presented.

The front desk & House/K staff were very helpful especially Cintia Diaz, Kamara and Miss Alfred.

Parking was a little tight but good security.

The breakfast was very good. The service by Andrea was one of the best we have received from any similar facility. She was very attentive and courteous with a great smile. Was very friendly & helpful

Good but a long way to NY city

A long way to travel to City. Hotel shuttle to Airport then train to city. Takes about 1 & half hours each way. Not near anything like restaurants or convenience shops.

Helpful and friendly. Breakfast ladies were exceptional. Great job

I took notice of everything otheHotels didn’t have that Hilton Gardens did. I am sold and satisfied
    • King Room - Disability Access

Our room was cozy, the bathroom was nice and warm after my shower,✅ not common in most hotel rooms. Great Lighting, ✅not common in most hotels! A mirror at the desk and Great lights for my makeup 💄✅ privacy was great and the TV was of great quality ✅ Shuttle service available ✅ and Very Good Breakfast 🍳 I will Be rebooking AGAIN

Nice place to stay at next to JFK w/ free airport shuttle!

I came in late at night and the person at the front desk doing my check in seemed to be in a bad mood, in comparison to everyone else I have dealt with at several other hotels in New York, this was by far the least nice.

The 24hr airport shuttle is the only reason why I booked this hotel, as I was coming in late at night and I needed to make sure I have a way to get out of the airport and a place to sleep before heading downtown. Overall, the hotel was nice.

Friendly and helpful staff

air conditioning in room very noisy, so needed to switch off to be able to sleep. The traffic noise is quite intrusive (even on the top floor)

Friendly and helpful staff

The gentleman in the lobby as well as at the desk were...
    • King Room - Disability Access

The gentleman in the lobby as well as at the desk were incredibly friendly and helpful. They were chatting while we were in the lobby eating. They were also with engaging with our girls who were there for a basketball tournament asking how they did, how the games went etc. My daughter enjoyed the hot chocolate that was there in addition to the typical coffee and tea in the lobby.

Friendly staff. Airport shuttle.
    • Queen Room

Airport shuttle did not run every half hour. I waited at the airport for more than a half hour, watching other hotel shuttles pass. Returning I waited in the lobby for the 12:30 but it didn't happen so i took the 1:00. Not a big deal but not what I expected.

Friendly staff. Good location near airport. Bar and restaurant.

Very unfriendly receptionist
    • King Room - Disability Access

The receptionist in the night of May the 4 th was very unfriendly and bordering on rude. She has been there for sometime ( I stay there often!) but Friday was the worse!!

Good location, breakfast including staff

Always the best choice for us when at JFK

First time our room did not face JFK, so was quieter...however we were so exhausted, we still slept great.

Our second time to stay here and again - there is nothing which did not live up to our expectations. We love the Front Desk staff & the entire Restaurant/Bar staff are exceptional! We now feel like family. Truly - whenever we have to leave out ouf JFK - this hotel is our only choice!

Basic accommodation which was ok, but considering price could have included breakfast.
    • Queen Room

Room smelt probably carpet needs a proper clean. Was not happy about hotel taking a charge off my credit card before checking out and only saying they will refund me in a few days. Will take this further if any rogue charges appear on my statement.

Was able to leave luggage to collect later.

Great place to stay near JFK airport.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

On arrival there was hot drinks and cookies, a welcome treat. The shuttle service was great. The beds were really comfortable, nicely made with crisp sheets.

Great location for JFK. Comfy, spacious room.

Shuttle was full when I arrived. Depressing location for anything other than an airport visit.

Great location for the airport. Very comfortable and good sized room. Very clean room. Friendly staff.

We will be staying again in a few days - on our return trip home.

Everything was great - loved the staff. Food & bar were what we needed - long day and it was wonderful to stay at the hotel, enjoy several drinks and have a really tasty meal.

So conveniently close to the airport, good shuttle and this...

The hotel is directly under the landing path so bring ear plugs if noise bothers you. Breakfast is a little pricy but there is a selection of food in the small on-site shop as well.

So conveniently close to the airport, good shuttle and this also gives access to public transportation into New York via the Air Train transit (there is a $5 fee to go beyond Federal Circle Station to Jamaica, and the Air Train links to Sutphin Blvd JFK Airport, not Jamaica Central). Restaurant on site offers a good selection for dinner.

Good for a one night stay near JFK between two flights
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

24-hour free shuttle bus every 30 minutes to and from JFK airport. Good breakfast available - but at extra cost. Friendly and helpful personnel, spacious room with all amenities. Very quiet.

Expensive for an over night stay but the staff was friendly

The price of the food and drinks was too high. I wanted to eat breakfast but $20 for eggs and fruit is too much.

I liked the portion sizes of the salmon, rice and vegetables

Needed internet service to continue work while on vacation. Disaster!

The guys at the reception desk were not very good fir the kind of facility there. One of them was even blatantly not telling truths at various engagements.

Restaurant.

I've stayed here many times before, for rest and relaxation, just to get a way for awhile!
    • King Room - Disability Access

Evert thing was fine. I have no complaints!

The full cook to order breakfast was great. I stayed for 4 nights so it came in handy, I did not have to go out for breakfast.

All in all it served its purpose which was a room close to the airport.
    • Queen Room

There was a strong odor of weed in the hallway and elevator. The breakfast was confusing and expensive.

Staff were so very friendly and helpful. Very happy with the airport shuttle.

My stay was okay, could have been better. Didn't like the 150 charges and the rude front end.

There was a older lady with a afro and a few others never greeted or said good morning to the customers. When ask for help with purchasing any food items older lady answered very rude. Just cause I young doesn't mean I should be talk to or treated this way. I'm a very successful paralegal and have provided catering and work events with Hilton. Also the location charge me a 150 fee which was never explain to me but I was charged. The area was dirty and smell really bad. I was charge for just a plate of potatoes 17.95 when that's all I ate. Definitely will think about coming to this location again or I'll just take my business to another location.

First day the front end lady was very sweet and helpful, the guys cooking in the restaurant were awesome and have great customers service. My cleaning lady Mel was very sweet and took care of my room and provided and items requested.

Best stay ever

The only thing I disliked was that the tub was filling up, and took long to drain out.

As I walked in I felt the warmth of the staff, the lady at the front desk was super amazing, and was an easy check in. Got to my room and it was perfect. Bed was super comfortable. I definitely enjoyed my stay. Will surely be back.

Great value for a comfortable stay.

Shuttle bus drivers could be more helpful.

Comfortable room and so convenient and pleasing that it has a microwave and fridge. Very nice breakfast. Evening dinner was excellent. Staff very helpful. Great little mini market. Free parking spaces can be found around the hotel.

A very good stay. I would book here again.
    • Queen Room

Regarding the check in experience: the practical information was delivered at break-neck speed, making it difficult to understand, given the unfamiliar accent of the receptionist to myself, an English english speaker. It would be helpful to speak more slowly and clearly. Thanks

I asked for a flatter pillow. The request was responded to immediately and the item was brought up to my room very courteously.

They’ll charge your credit card even after you’ve settled the bill 😡

I was happy with my stay at the property until I received a $151.53 credit card charge after I had already checked out and settled the bill. I contacted the property to enquirer about this and still no response.

As I had just travelled from Australia I was so grateful to be pampered and will stay again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

staff courtesy; excellent restaurant with good service and a varied interesting menu; excellent shuttle service; great gym - total comfort. I was pampered at a time when it really mattered.

Enjoyable stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I had no problems or issues during my stay so I have nothing negative to report.

The staff were very professional and openly friendly. The hotel is conveniently located in close proximity to places I had to go. I would definitely come back.

The Breakfast was wonderful and the response by staff to all...
    • Queen Room

We did not get response prior to arriving on the shuttle bus service and were tricked by an Indian taxi driver who collected US$ 119 for journey from Airport to the hotel. The authorities need to be alerted of such activities

The Breakfast was wonderful and the response by staff to all inquiries were exemplary

Convenient stop ahead of early departure from JFK.

No complaints.

Comfortable room and friendly staff in location very conveniently located if you have a late-arriving/early-departing flight to/from JFK.

They really tried to make our trying circumstances more comfortable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was a bit small. We had two double beds for two adults and two teenagers.

The front desk staff helped us out a lot by checking us in as soon as the rooms were available - we were exhausted! The restaurant staff was kind and helpful bringing the breakfast foods out ASAP!

Staff especially in the States CARE about the guests!!!!

Cleanliness could be better! Breakfast is for me important and I travel with Hilton quite a lot.

The people who work there make you feel welcome!!!!!!

Comfortable but too pricey
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We wanted queen sized beds The pillows were too soft We had to use 2 pillows to sleep Also too many unnecessary added charges to the final bill Gym too cold on mornings

Very courteous staff

Would stay here again.
    • Queen Room

My room was right by the elevator. I didn’t think of changing it after check out. Didn’t want to give the staff a hard time but if you’re a light sleeper, I do not precommend the room by the elevator.

Service was wonderful.

Honestly the best part was the staff.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Honestly the best part was the staff. The facilities were ok.. nothing I haven't seen before. Every person I encountered here was professional and friendly. I would definitely recommend based on the people that work here. Amazing Staff from the front desk to the kitchen/ restaurant!

Easy close to airport, going back end of month for 2 nights so will be better placed to answer more

Having to wait for a long while in the cold at JFK for the shuttle bus to come (you call and request them)

Close to JFK, free shuttle transfer every half hour, small onsite restaurant and a shop

I enjoyed my stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was nothing I did not enjoy. Everything was ver nice.

The accommodations were comfortable and clean. The staff was very, very friendly. The shuttle drivers were quick to pick me up and drop me off at JFK international airport. I was at the hotel on Thanksgiving Eve, and asked for transportational directions to the Macy's Day Parade route. The staff wrote me a detailed account for my travels through the city from the hotel. I want to thank them again for the wonderful directions.

My stay was enjoyable and I will come back.
    • Queen Room

The hotel is not easily accessible by car when coming from JFK. The carpet in my room needs to be replaced as it appears to be dingy.

The pillows and bed were very comfortable and the staff was very efficient and very friendly.

Perfect stay for a short stop over
    • Queen Room

Nothing to complain about!

I as only in the room for one night due to a stop over. It was close and easy to get to from the airport. I got a cab for around $10. The room was really spacious and nice. It was super clean and had everything I needed. The reception staff were so helpful and lovely. I came down for dinner and the men who served me were really nice, I had a waiter by the name of Dewan who was lovely. The food was really nice and a decent portion.

Okay to sleep and close by airport and good staff , the rest is okay just okay

The menue in the room says the breakfast end at 1230 pm , I arrived the night before at 3 am And I woke up late , when I decided to call for breakfast a t 12 pm I was told that breakfast close at 12 pm and not at 1230 pm like the menue in the room says

Close by the airport

This is the place to stay when you are near JFK!! Wonderful, caring service!!
    • King Room - Disability Access

The hotel was great, but it is the staff that makes this place a gem. They are all so welcoming, helpful and fun. Vinny, the director clearly sets the wonderful tone of this place. The ladies at the front desk as well as the restaurant staff were all awesome. Will not stay anywhere else when we are in the area!!

Not very impressed

Bed room was not clean. Carpet in room had crumbs and food leftovers. Chef at breakfast was grumpy. Room steward came into my room without knocking

Staff are amazing and so helpful.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I thought breakfast was included. $18 was a bit rich for breakfast.

The location was fantastic. After a long haul flight all I wanted was a hot shower and a clean bed. It was a 10 min drive to the hotel.

Everything was simply perfect - great staff, great breakfast...

It is a bit difficuilt to get to Manhattan and takes about an hour and a half via public transport, but on the other side the hotel is in a very convinient vicinity to the airport!

Everything was simply perfect - great staff, great breakfast, very clean room! It was the best hotel in which we stayed during our vacation in the USA.

Great value for the money and a quick shuttle ride to/from JFK

Would have prefered fresh fried potatoes and french toast as a part of my custom meal rather than the selections plated from the buffet breakfast offerings.

The Cobb salad and potato soup were very savory for dinner and a good breakfast was also available. Staff was very friendly and worked very efficiently. This stop over made a long journey bearable, even enjoyable.

Desirable hotel in undesirable neighborhood.

Area outside hotel was rundown. Landfill is across the street and when we asked the staff if there was someplace to walk for food they said nothing was close and strongly discouraged us from venturing out.

Service and inside hotel was excellent. Staff were super friendly. Restaurant food was good.

The room was comfortable.

The toilet had not been flushed when I arrived. The front desk gave me the impression that breakfast was included. It was not. I would have ranked value for the money if breakfast had been included. I had no idea that I had booked this stay through Booking.com.... Just FYI.

The room was comfortable.

Run!!!

Leaking ceiling in lobby and breakfast area and $20 omelet that was ehhh. Looked like the baits hotel to me. Will not stay again. Shady when I pulled up, but stayed cuz It was too late to cancel and I had a wedding to attend to.

Bed comfortable

Close to JFK

There is nothing in the neighborhood, just industrial.

Good place to stay if you have an early flight out of JFK. Free airport transfer to all the airport terminals and from the transport hub (Federal circle). On arrival take the sky train in the airport, which is free to other terminals and Federal circle, but not free if you get of in Jamaica. In the Federal circle building there is a free phone, where you dial number 28 to tell them you are waiting for a shuttle.The rooms are comfortable and we enjoyed a good meal in the restaurant.

OK place to stay for one night if you have to stay near the airport.

Noisy in hallways and noise in rooms from plumbing (water hammer). Hotel was worn as compared to other Hilton Garden Inns.

Close to airport. Breakfast was good but expensive.

Short stay, convenient to catch early flights from JFK

Old fashioned hotel and food a little bit expensive compared to quality.

Convenient because close to airport and free shuttle 24h. Also easy to take the train to Manhattan. Room was spacious and with all necessary equipments. It was convenient to have diner in the hotel and food acceptable.

Was a good one day stay and appreciate the extra time given to check out
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Wish there was a fridge to buy water at reasonable charge...but hotel is in New York.

Dinner was good but breakfast neended more selections..room was spacious. Staff was very helpful provided promptly all what I asked for..extra bag rack and shower chair and extra towels and shampoo.

Welp.

Everything was horrible.

Welp..did not start well. Rooms were not available at check in time when we arrived. I surmised that they were cleaning them still however... we came back and checked in at 7ish. We were given a corner room with a full bed (booked a queen). The room was quite small and the carpets appear to originate in the 1970's. The room had a dank smell as well. We asked to be moved and we were. Alex who was very friendly came and took us to what we were told would be a room with a king size bed. Turns out it is a queen bed and the room smells of mildew this time. There are also cigarette cherry burns in the carpet and strange white stains on the wood furniture... I've stayed at the Holiday Inn down the street and it is MUCH cleaner. I'd go that route next time. This does not live up to what one would imagine to be associated with the Hilton

Functional, served its purpose, but would avoid staying here again unless absolutely necessary.

Room was loud, bright (no blackout shade), dingy, and shuttle was 15 min late. Staff was very unhelpful about that with no sense of urgency. Super stressful for people trying to catch a flight (which is everyone riding the shuttle)!

Bed was super comfy, good sized bathroom, good proximity to airport for early morning flight. Also shuttle driver knew a lot of shortcuts through JFK!

Easy access to JFK.
    • King Room - Disability Access

It's far from the city center. New York traffic is annoying. It will take you more than an hour to get to Manhattan from the hotel. Uber from the hotel to Manhattan is $80+. The hotel charged my card four times. They charged me before I even arrived at the property. And when checking in I told them that I paid already. They asked me to swipe my card for verification and then another charge came. Ugh!

Easy access to JFK. Great location for layover. Very clean rooms and spacious. I like the guy who helped us with our luggage, his name is Alex. Very helpful and positive.

The staff made the stay comfortable.

No USB ports in room Parking is expensive Food was not that great for the price

The staff made the stay comfortable. They were very friendly and accommodating.

don't go there
    • Queen Room

Hotel shuttle took 45 minutes to arrive. I had to call them twice and they kept telling me they are on their way. Receptionist was like an angry grandma addressing a naughty child. I had to wait for her to show up, for several minutes the desk was unattended. I found customer service unsatisfactory

Bed was comfortable