Reviews of Best Western - Savannah Gateway 2 stars

1 Gateway Boulevard East, Savannah, GA 31419, USA

#89 of 135 hotels in Savannah

It was good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Everything was very good and I have only one complaint! The woman that takes care of the breakfast was very rude!! There were a couple of young girls (teens) that were not sure how to work the pancake maker and shut it off by accident... Instead of helping them she scolded them in front of the whole room and it was very uncalled for!

Very enjoyable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

There was a sign in the breakfast room stating Gluten Free items were available upon request, however; when asked the lady didn't understand what I was asking for. The breakfasts were all delicious and way above what was expected. I would have liked to be able to eat gluten free as I normally do since it was stated as available however I understand there is a bit of a communication barrier sometimes and that's ok too.

The staff were extremely polite, rooms cleaned, fresh toiletries and coffee for the room daily, and the included breakfast was more than expected for the price. We will for sure use Best Western again.

Needs a refurb
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

It is in dire need of updating. The floors were dirty. Aircon sounded like a freight train. Right next to I95 , so expect traffic noise all night.

Not much

We tried this place looking for value for the money. It's a dump and overpriced.
    • King Room - Smoking

The room was in horrible shape. The ceiling was peeling above the bed and kept falling into the bed. The water in the shower was either scalding hot or freezing. No happy medium. I brought this to staff's attention. They didn't seem to care.

The coffee was excellent. The staff was friendly. The selection of nearby restaurants was great. The bed was fairly comfortable.

Very disappointed:(
    • King Room - Non Smoking

The property is dated and the interiors are shabby. The bathroom needed serious updating, cracks in the wall, rubber bathmat inside the tub. The breakfast was so off putting that we went out to eat rather than eat for free at the hotel.

Not good at all.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Beds were awful. Sheets were scratchy. Air conditioning could not keep the whole room cool. The place was a hot box all night. $100 a night should have given better accommodations. Also no cribs available. When we eventually found a high chair in the dining area it was sticky and looked like it had never been cleaned.

I guess the breakfast was fine. Just like any other low end hotel.

The rooms smelled like a damp old carpet.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

The rooms smelled like a damp old carpet. So far this has been my first worst experience using booking.com. I mean the photos n reviews weren’t accurate. Didn’t have the chance to make changes since we arrived late. Oh well. 😐

One of the worst experiences we have had at a motel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Our room was dirty and the toilet didn't work. We had to remove the lid from the tank and manually flush the toilet. Also, horrible smell just outside our room - maybe the sewer. Just awful all the way around. Someone must look into the management of this motel!

Nothing - very bad experience.

This is my second time staying at this hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

This is my second time staying at this hotel. We come every year for our daughters track meet. The service is great and the rooms are comfortable. Great location.

Booking.

See above NOTHING!!

Booking.com did not update my arrival to hotel which created big problem upon arrival also I was charged more than original fee quoted. Room very old and bathroom filthy. Breakfast was a joke, very sparse and poor selection. Bedding old and threadbare. Would not recommend either Booking.com or this place

Close to everything.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

It said in the book that it had coin operated laundry area there, they didn't so I had to drive 18 minutes away, which was the closest laundromat and it gets loudish but all the time.

It's connected to a Denny's restaurant and there is multiple restaurant, gas stations, and a Walmart near by so you don't have to go far for anything really.

All included in the price.
    • King Room - Non Smoking

There wasn’t anything I didn’t like.

The atmosphere, cleanliness and location of the property. We did not have to leave the hotel if we didn’t want to. So many nice affordable restaurants nearby... within walking distance. This was a positive experience!

Most dissapoining dont go
    • King Room - Non Smoking

The overall condition of the hotel was very very poor ,very much in need of upgrading and décor work (would not consider this an hotel more like a 2nd rate motel)This hotel is connected to "Dennys" The so called dining area was so busy on our first morning we could not get a table and this was only at 8.30am and had to go to Dennys for breakfast (this was annoying as our rate at the hotel was inclusive so we had to pay twice (also at the hotel dining room there was a Tip Jar this we have never experienced in any Hotel Dining room) needless to say it had very little in it. The hotel also says in its information book that there is a coin operated laundry NOT SO I could go on but feel that this would be fruitless as when mentioned to front desk got no reaction. M&B

Uncomfortable.

Beds, room and location.

Out dated. Sheets and bedding were so dirty we had to go purchase new ones. The reservation stated we had two king beds we had two full. Will never book again

There
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Very noisy, albeit handy to RTE 95. Very dated with very unprofessional attempts to repair the grout in our bathroom. The morning breakfast area was poorly attended and maintained. The coffee cream was bad and it spoiled my coffee. Orange juice was spilled on the of counters so my husband and I left to go elsewhere. Do not even think about eating at the Denny's that is a part of this Best Western. It is filthy and our food was terrible, these evidenced by an unkempt staff, fingerprints all over the door and windows and turkey off the roast that was just smoked, sliced, deli meat. I doubt that I will ever book another Best Western.

The staff at the front desk was exceptionally friendly and helpful.

Really liked the room, the area and and plan on next year.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Check in staff member was not welcoming, very low-key, no smile

Comfortable, clean, good breakfast, easy access to highway and walking distance to restaurants.

At such a cheap price you can stay it out being that you are away from your room 90% of the time.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Pictures online didn't depictate a motel, thought it was a hotel as I've stayed in Best Western before. Kind of noisey at night, I assumed guest hang out pretty late. The free breakfast needs to be alot better...cereal,make your own waffle or pancake, assorted muffins and yogurt.

The location and price was good for tourist. Surrounded by good eatery, fuel station and minutes from shopping.

Defiantly not worth $130 for one night. Will NOT be staying here again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

The bed was hard as a rock. The water pressure in the shower was pathetic. Denny's the restaurant attached to the hotel was probably some of the worst service I have received in a long time.

Terrible staff service and room cleanliness was substandard.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Mold in the AC/Heater. Staff had poor customer service. Continental breakfast was cold and they ran out of half of the food that was supposed to be out. Room was dirty. We will never stay here again.

Liked the laundry room and the bathroom.

Mostly good value for money. Like i said the woman on duty for the buffet was excellent.
    • King Room - Non Smoking

The bathroomhad mold around tub and around saftey handle on tub wall. Told girl atdesk andshe reacted as if oh well , did not evenreport it .thats bad svice.

The breakfast and staff inthe breakfast area was excellent

It was gratifying and clean. I would stay again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

The only thing I seen that could be better was the doors, being heavy, were dragging on the carpet making it hart to open and close. The other thing would to somehow raise the TV so you can see without looking through your feet.

As I said above having the restaurant connected to the facility was a bonus. Also, the cleanliness of the room was great. I would stay here again while traveling.

Could have been better
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

The room looked dirty and I was itchy all night. I’m sure the room had bed bugs. Because my 3 year old woke up with four bites from his neck to his face. And I couldn’t sleep cause I felt stuff on me. ended up leaving the next day and my reservation was for two nights. But could bare another night on that bed.

The food was good staff was friendly

Convenient for travelers, but not nice.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

It’s a really old, motel-style hotel. The rooms were very dated, had some bugs, and you can hear he traffic of I-95 through the door/wall because the rooms face and are near the highway. Breakfast was typical. Staff was very nice.

Spend the extra money and stay at the Hampton Inn next door.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Cleanliness, the sheets were a dingy off white and I had to through away my socks from walking on the dirty carpet (they were dark brown on the bottom). Stayed there about 5 years ago and nothing has changed..............never staying there again I'd rather pay and extra $30 and stay elsewhere.

Location, close to restaurants, gas stations and I-95.

A couple of minor quibbles with the room but otherwise it was clean, quiet, and comfortable.
    • King Room - Non Smoking

The shower had a stained wet mat in it and the ceiling over the bed had loose wires hanging from the ceiling that were meant for an overhead light or fan but weren't connected to anything.

The bed was comfortable and the room was very quiet.

The price was reasonable, The breakfast was great and the...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

The price was reasonable, The breakfast was great and the lady Mrs. Flossy i think that is her name who worked in the breakfast area, was very helpful and friendly!!!

My stay was overall considered good! I would probably return back again if visting Savannah!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Fridge had carpet wet,ac made loud noise when cutting on,dead bugs in light cover over sink and rough caulking in the bathroom shower.

Service was nice, easy and professional. Area was nice with a Denny's attached to the hotel and gas station next door and Ihop across the street.

A disturbing experience. Room/bathroom was musty, not clean. Were fumes a health risk?
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

We were woken up at 4:15 a.m. by a terribly noxious odor. It persisted. We couldn't sleep. When I later reported the problem at the front desk before checking out, the clerk looked puzzled at first, as if there was no cause she could think of associated with the room. Then she realized that a nearby factory/business releases gasses/chemicals early in the morning that blankets the area. We had not indication of this problem when we booked the room and when we registered.

Would recommend you anyone. There price is right for the facilities. Very clean and friendly associ'
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

There wasn't anything honestly that I didn't like. It was all great, no complaints.

Free breakfast was great! Staff very friendly and place was clean! Will return

Not bad for the price, but next time I'll probably spend a little more and try a different hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Although it "felt" and smelled clean, the appearance of the room and the bathroom could be much better.

Not bad. I was just expecting the room to be a bit "cleaner". Perhaps touch up paint will help with the appearance.

Don't stay at a hotel rated less than 4 stars.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

The hotel was filthy. My sister would not even use the sink to brush her teeth. Beds were minimal but we were all so tired we didn't care.

We were forced to evacuate a hurricane. We looked for a hotel based on distance traveled.

Room was large enough for 4 people comfortably.

N/a

Room was large enough for 4 people comfortably. Microwave. Refrigerator and air all put to use and worked with out issue. Although the room door faced outward toward parking. Privacy was great , there were no what I like to call knuckleheads. Pool was great, breakfast hot. . Dining staff kept area clean and replenished food as needed. There is also a Dennys o the property.

DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

PLACE LOOKS DIRTY .. bathroom had a reusable map in the tub in the middle of the night the room smell like rotten egg.. i feel like i pay to sleep in a hotel that couldn't sleep because it was stinky and dirty.

the only good this was BREAKFAST

Good price for the room but room was not to our expectations. Won't come back here!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Walls inside the hotel room where all the time moist and you could smell mold in the air all the time! When we arrived room had portable humidifier inside but it was not working. We told this to maintenance and they took it away and never came back with different unit. We told about the wet walls the hotel manager and he told us that this is normal ????!!! Poor excuse for bad boulding insulation.Water was constantly dripping from upper stairs outside although there was no rain, This water probably is getting somehow inside the walls. Breathing such moldy air for long time could be harmfull to health, For the info (Our room number was 103)

Low price for room

The room was very comfortable very clean the hotel very...
    • King Room - Non Smoking

The room was very comfortable very clean the hotel very close to places to eat Rt 95 gas stations and lots of shopping what more can you ask for the continental breakfast was very good the staff very pleasant to deal with I've been staying at the same hotel for about 20 years or so and I've always enjoyed my stay.

There were bugs in our first room. Horrible place to stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

We had bugs in our room and when we called the front office and asked the guy for a room change he stated that they were completely booked. So then when the maintenance guy came he seen that we did indeed have bugs in our room. Small ant like bugs. And the front office called back and offered us another room. He didn't believe us at first and thought we were lying about the nasty bugs we had. So they gave us another room. And that room was clean but the front desk staff really ruined the experience for me. No reason to think someone is a liar and they aren't. Horrible staff which makes the place horrible.

Dont stay here if you dont have to. Looks great in the pics but not that great to stay in.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I didn't care that smelled musty and the Carpet was beyond help. The ac didn't work very well and very noisy . TV was low to the floor and the bed was so high and the toilet wasn't all that great either

close to I95 but not much more then that is good.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Would stay again but will skip the breakfast
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Breakfast staff rude and reaching over your food or drinks without saying excuse me or anything. Creepy male housekeeper lurking and watching me without speaking, then knocked on my door at 930 on day of checkout

Beds were soft. Rooms clean. Pool was clean, wish there was a hot tub

A great place to stay close to everything and a very good value.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Very quiet and peaceful close to 95 gas stations and places to eat and also shopping. the property is well taken care of and the continental breakfast was very good, I've been coming here for many years and will continue.

Somewhat dissatisfied and felt discriminated against.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Appeared to be that certain people are placed in a particular area.

Unfortunately there were another guests socks left and stains were on the bed sheet. The valance was broken off. It seemed as if I was given this less than quality room on purpose.

Comfortable, safe and quiet. Good value hotel overall however cleansiness could be better.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

There was a half dead cockroach on our bathroom floor. The extra bed delivered to my room had dirty bedsheets still rolled into the bed.

The breakfast variety and quality was good. The staff very friendly and accomodating. The hotel was very comfortable and quiet.

Not a very good place
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

There were roaches!! Housekeeping kept coming to the door (even opened it) even when we kept telling them we didn't need anything.

That Denny's was on the property. Good TV selection.

Free breakfast, and pool for kids was nice
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Roaches on walls and fleas inside the room, biting ants outside. Definitely needs an aggressive exterminating policy

Free breakfast, and pool for kids was nice

Close to everything, comfy and clean
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

The stairs collected water going up to room. Could be a safety hazard. There was a cone to make you aware so just had to be careful.

The beds are really comfortable.. stayed a couple weeks ago in a different room and the beds were comfy in it too! Clean is a big deal and it was clean too! Smelled of new carpet which when I was there a couple weeks ago I saw the guys doing work, so great see the results. Close to area attractions without being in the expensive historic district. A few more minutes of driving is worth saving a hundred bucks or more. Looking for a night out.. take an UBER to Flashbacks.. food was good and live music. Great friendly crowd. Gave my friend her first whirlwind tour of Savannah/Tybee in a weekend. Of course, I'll be back!

Bad and good

Mattress in front of my window for my whole 2nd day

Friendly staff and cleaning ladies. Nice pool and breakfast. The only negative was that they we're changing out carpet in the rooms. I think it should of been when there's no one staying on that floor. I opened my curtains my 2nd morning and I couldn't not see out at all. They had placed mattress from the other room in front of my window. Didn't like that at all. So our 2nd night there was not good when u couldn't see out at all.

Not the Ritz but OK for a short stay due to convenient location and helpful staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Road noise from I-95. Housekeeper did not make up room one day because we had put up do not disturb sign although we were out of the room by 1030 in the morning.Not enough lighting in the room. Pool was cloudy and did not appear to be filtered.

Enjoyed the pancake maker at breakfast. Convenient location. Helpful staff.

It was very close to restaurants and service stations.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

I did not like the fact they were remodeling the rooms beneath ours. A heads up would've been nice.

It was very close to restaurants and service stations.

not worth the money
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

first room was a mess trash not emptied finger nails on the floor fecies in the toilet sheets stained floor was damp we did get another room at the pool there was a handicapped gentleman that had to wait over 45 minutes for someone to put the battery in the chair that lets him have access to the pool there were carts full of trash beside the ice machine i had to buy ice at the store we didnt feel comfortble eating the breakfast we ate at cracker barrel

The pool was nice there was cracker barrel close by

While searching for a hotel to stay in I always check the...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

That the pool was not open late or all night.

While searching for a hotel to stay in I always check the reviews. So to help others out this was a great place to stay and I recommend Best Western to others. It was very clean and the staff was excellent! I will be staying here again.

We actually checked out early because the room smelled...
    • King Room - Non Smoking

We actually checked out early because the room smelled extremely bad. the carpet smelled very bad. We were told it was because of overuse of cleaning fluid and that the smell would dissapate but it did not in more than an overnight and day. We had to leave.

Great location with better potential on a budget
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Staff wasn't so friendly, but not a deal breaker. My toilet ran non stop which was annoying. Beds were small, yet comfy. There were construction people there working on the building which just means they are making improvements.

beds were small but comfy-- NO bugs in room which is a big deal for me. Room was spacious and overall clean. Good hotel for quick weekend getaway on a budget. Location was fairly close to where we were going.

There were small roaches on the room and barhroom, which I...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

There were small roaches on the room and barhroom, which I immediately notified to the supervisor. This was what really made our stay unconfortable. If not I will have given a better rating.

It was good

Pictures showed the hotel had hot tub which they didn't! Restaurant on site which was Denny's was very unprofessional not enough staff and waited to long on food and order still wasn't right. Hotel was supposed to be pet friendly didn't know till check in that I would have to pay extra for pet. Nothing was said about that when I booked this location.

The staff was friendly and helpful! Rooms where clean and very nice

It was ok, but won't stay there again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Our air conditioner hardly worked at all. It only cooled off the room enough to know it was on, but the room never really got cool. The next day, (the first full day of being out since we got there late in the afternoon the day before), we walked in to find housekeeping had not been there at all. I had to call the front desk and request someone come empty the trash and bring clean towels. A man did come quickly and do it, and apologized for it not being already done. We had seen housekeeping at the next room when we left that morning, so I don't know why they missed our room. I mentioned the ac to him, and he acted like he checked it, but didn't say if he found anything wrong, and it never cooled any better.

The beds were fine, altho I didn't understand why there were only 3 pillows on each double bed. It was a good thing that my child brought along her own pillow. I thought each bed should have 2 pillows per person.

Location - Good, Stay - Fair
    • King Room - Non Smoking

Our waitress at Denny's was great the first day, but the second time we decided to eat there we waited 20 minutes for someone to take our order (it was not busy, nor did it look understaffed). . My biggest issue was our smoke detector kept going off late at night and early in the morning-assuming it was due to people outside or below us smoking pot because the smell seeped into our room sometimes. Kids/teens would run up and down the hallways laughing and talking late at night when trying to sleep.

Mostly an enjoyable stay. Nice free continental breakfast option or hit up the built in Denny's. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom was decent. Front desk receptionist was very friendly.

I enjoyed my stay. The price economical for a family vacation.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The breakfast eating area was very crowded with a lot of guests on Father's Day Sunday. Not enough tables and chairs to accommodate guests. Had to wait for a table and chair to eat breakfast.

The breakfast was good with a variety of foods and beverages.

It was very nice coming into the room and it always be very...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

It was very nice coming into the room and it always be very clean after being out all day at the beach or shopping , eating , etc. Also, the breakfast included in our stay while we were there. It was so clean in that area and had a great choice of breakfast each morning. Food was fresh each morning we ate.

my wife and I, my daughter, her husband and youngest...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

my wife and I, my daughter, her husband and youngest daughter,(18) attended a collage graduation. the temp outside was in the 90,s. it was nice to be inthe air conditioning. also got to enjoy the outdoor pool. breakfast in the morning was great. the lady in charge was very nice and you could see everybody was happy. doubt we will return to savanah but would definatley recomend this place. also would thank booking.com. again. so far every place we have booked so far have been great thanks again. planning a trip to universal theme park in florida and will look it up on your site thank you again. jeffrey bussiere

Not impressed!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Coming into the room there was a dead bug/roach in the corner. Looks like the place hadn't been vacuumed in a while. The bath towels were strained with lipstick. One of the lamps didn't work. The bed was uncomfortable and it was at least $30 overpriced.

The staff was friendly and the room smelled nice coming in. That's about the extent of the positives.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

If you need a quick place to stay then why not here
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Right next to highway so there was some noise but just a very minor dislike that the property cannot fix.

Easily accessible off I-95 and rooms were very clean for what it was. Breakfast was good given that there is a Denny's in the motel.

Off a motorway, and does a job.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

The rooms arent cleaned too well, we found coffee stirrers, shower curtain hooks and a set of headphones in our room, along with a cockroach, which isnt anybodys fault. Its basically on a motorway service station which is fine when you get used to it, and its not like it doesnt tell you this. The staff at breakfast and behind reception looked pretty fed up.

The pool, breakfast and choice of restaurants very close by were excellent. The reception area was nice and its actually attached to a Dennys.

Not bad for the price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

The non smoking room smelled like smoke. Stairwell access lights a little dim. There were 2 piles of mattresses to be discarded outside in parking spaces. This is not a good look.

Good Location, clean but to much going on outside.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

No elevator. And I called the frontdesk about the partying that was going on right outside my door, and nothing was done. It was after twelve and went on for hours.

The pool was nice and there were plenty of restaurants close by to choose from. And it was very clean.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

The breakfast was better than I expected.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

The bed was too soft for me but they were in the middle of replacing beds in rooms so I'm not sure if my bed was replaced yet. We were about an hour away from the beach

The breakfast was better than I expected. Usually it's just a front area with cereal and bagels. The breakfast definitely exceeded my expectations. Love's seafood is only 6 minutes away

Thank goodness for express checkout.
    • King Room - Non Smoking

The staff was very sweet and prompt. I liked that it was near the highway, but not that close. There were kids running around until11:30 pm and we ended up leaving because of the noise early the next morning.

Thank goodness for express checkout.

The staff was extremely nice, rooms were clean and spacious.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

The AC could have been a tad bit colder, but it was still around 70 in our room.

The staff was extremely nice, rooms were clean and spacious. Excellent location with easy access to anywhere you want to go.

The hotel staff was very sweet, we got to the room and it...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

The hotel staff was very sweet, we got to the room and it was very clean. Our air was on and off but we were gone most the day the first day, well the second day we were there a little more and the air didn't work so the maintenance man came and they moved us to another room within 5 minutes. Everyone was super friendly, the pool was clean, the room was clean and even with it being right beside the interstate it was very quiet and peaceful. Very good stay for the cost.

Been here twice - first time and last time
    • King Room - Non Smoking

Loud guests partying all night outside in the parking lot. Could not find hot tub that was in property description. Wife had a lot of trouble going up and down the stairs (we asked in reservation for a ground floor room if a handicap room was unavailable - we got neither, and no elevators).

Easy to find with GPS.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Never Again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Parking was non existent. Room and restaurant had foul odor. When I arrived my reservations had been cancelled for no reason and I had to settle for a smaller room.

The air conditioner was not working and the system was very...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

The air conditioner was not working and the system was very very loud! The housekeeping lady was cleaning the room next to us very early and was making a lot of noise. We had the do no disturb sign out but the lady cleaned our window and was banging on it and woke us up

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

How the hotel was right off the highway.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

The pool was not open and I do have four children that were looking forward to swimming after being in the car for 17 hours and I was not told of this at time of booking!!

How the hotel was right off the highway.

My Great stay at BEST Western Savannah Gateway
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

I really didn't experience any at all.

I enjoyed my stay. staff at the front desk was great, very friendly. Your beds was too cloudy lol but my stay was great. Thanks for your services BW.

A Best Western that needs some upgrading
    • King Room - Non Smoking

The guest upstairs were very noise and we could hear them during the night. The rooms were shabby and I was not convinced that the bed linens had been washed. However, there are very few pet friendly hotels at this location, which is convenient for our trips to and from Florida

The breakfast was good. Plenty of space in the bathroom for toiletries

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Great location, close to highway and restaurants, yet quiet...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Room wasn't getting much light. Bed was somewhat squeaky; could hear the muffled squeaks of metal springs whenever I moved, but nonetheless the bed still felt comfy. Old pillows need to go.

Great location, close to highway and restaurants, yet quiet and nice. Very clean room and bed. Friendly staff. Very good breakfast with varied selections. Two waffle makers.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

BEST Best Western yet!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Nothing much. Remember it is right on the I95 so don't look for scenic attractions, or fine restaurnts, but there is a Ruby Tuesday and an Arby's right across the road :-)

The staff really go above and beyond! I left my computer case in the room (with my passport in it) when I left and they overnighted it from UPS so I got it next day. I also had 2 Big (well behaved) Pitbull type dogs with me and that didn't faze them. Almost no highway noise from that facing room. A little pricier than other options that I had but I had stayed here previously and knew you only get what you pay for. Quite easy to get to Savannah for good food.

Browse Best Western - Savannah Gateway traveller photo gallery