Reviews of Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center 4 stars

201 Waterfront Street, National Harbor, MD 20745, USA

#3 of 8 hotels in National Harbor

Based on 1925 hotel reviews

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

The room was a below expectations and the view was nothing to write home about.

Amazing hotel/resort with a lot of extra and amazing things to do and places to eat. The Hickory Steakhouse within the resort was one of the best places I've ever eaten in the D.C. area. The room was clean.

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

The room was a bit small for the price. The refrigerator did not keep my items cold even after hours of refrigeration. This was true for one of my travel companions a few rooms down.

The aesthetics were beautiful. The Bluetooth technology was convenient. The hotel was clean and there were an abundance of activities. The hotel staff were pleasant and accommodating.

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

I didn’t like that hotel guests spend a pretty penny on their rooms & still have to pay $30 for overnight parking. I feel if you’re an overnight guest, parking should be complimentary.

I loved how comfortable the room felt. The bed was soft & comfortable. I love that there were so many amenities right in one place so we rarely ever had to leave.

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

The towels! Seemed like they weren’t washed with detergent. They were dull, rough, and didn’t look clean. The room and bathroom could use a cleaning.

Liked the facilities. Everyone was very nice.

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

I called the hotel several times with no answer for over 20 minutes. Once the call was finally answered the receptionist couldn't answer my question about the shuttle so she put me on hold for 15 more minutes to tell me she couldn't contact the hotel to get the information. The check in took 45 minutes which was ridiculous I've never experienced at any other hotel.

The outside of the property was nice and well maintained.

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

perfect location and lots of places to eat, drink, whatever. walking distance to the MGM and the Tangier outlet. also a very nice walking trail. Cant go wrong staying here

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

In the past, we received a free upgrade to an atrium view room. This time, we would have had to pay for that upgrade.

We used the free shuttle bus to visit the MGM Resort and Casino.

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

The hotel was beautiful. Very busy though. Proms, weddings, conventions. So if you want a quiet quaint hotel, this isn’t it.

Beautiful location. Lots to do. No need to use the car, everything is in walking distance.

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

the spa was very accommodating when their worker didn't t show up because of a personal emergency. I tell the story to my clients of how wonderful they were and they gave a complementary treatment I normally go to Hershey spa with friends once a year now I am sure wee will come to the Gaylord

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

I didn't like the front desk staff rmemeber who told me I had adjoining rooms and when I went all the way up to my rooms, they were not. I had to call back down stairs and ask to speak to a manager. All the initial staff memeber said was "oh my bad, I thought rooms *****4 and ****8 we're adjoining. The manager did fix and stated the employee would be spoken with, but it made my big day start off horribly.

I enjoyed my rooms, and the floor I was on was nice and quiet.

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

From the moment I walked in the door, the staff was so accommodating and polite, made me feel like I was important. Its like the disney song "be our guest" from beauty and the beast movie, any issues I had were addressed and taken care of without question. The staff was amazing!

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

The food offerings are abysmal. My wife & I were consistently baffled at how such an otherwise impeccable resort could so absolutely miss the mark on providing decent food? The prices are outlandish - even in consideration of the tourist area where this resort is located. However, we've been to large tourist areas many times & paid the higher costs that go with them. But in the great majority of cases those resort restaurants are a pride & highlight of the stay. In the case of the Gaylord National, it seems they've pretty much given up on the quality of the food - yet still exact a ridiculous sum for the mediocre offerings. One other "scratch-our-head" item revolves around the sconces in the room hallways. I know this may be an odd observation, but SO MANY of them are bent & broken, hanging askew, & getting brown heat stains on them because of the way they're hanging. It's "in the details" that I believe a resort (or restaurant, business, etc) can lose its identity.

An inside atrium view room is stunning & definitely elevates a stay here into the "resort vacation" stratosphere. The grounds are breathtaking & the views daily take the place of (thankfully) the typical drone of the t.v.

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

Booking.com didn't inform the correct price nor stated that a parking pass had to be purchased. The Wi-Fi service is terrible. I was overcharged and now fighting for my money back.

The room and facilities were great

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

It was warm in the hotel in general. The staff at the hotel reservation desk had little fans going and then when we got to the 5th floor where we stayed, the hallways were HOT!

Dominic who checked us in was very friendly! We enjoyed chatting with him during our check-in!

See comments above

Buffet breakfast was way over priced, $55 dollars for two, no one in Transportation told us about the hotel shuttle to town so we paid for a sedan car at a a cost of $15. dollars, the guards outside the Pose nite club were very offensive and disrespectful. The treated us like we were criminals, not paid guest, we were there to celebrate our 28th anniversary and had a great time anyhow. I am a Marriott Rewards member!

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

Did not get the rooms I called to reserve for the sweet sixteenth birthday. Instead I was looking at rocks and brush no view of the bay to relax and enjoy. Disappointed

Great location. Very clean and comfortable rooms

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

Didn’t offer me a chooce of room just gave me a room with a view of the roof. Not enough food choices after hours. Parking was expensive

Th facility is beautiful & there’s lots to do indoors & outdoors.

• King or Queen Room with Atrium View

Booked months in advance for king room with atrium view. Once we arrived we don't have any of those available. So we were booked a double room for same price. The beds are horrible at least ours. You basically just roll to the center. And SQUEAKY!

Not much. Except for the fa.ily we met there.

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

My son's crib did not get delivered into our room until 10 pm and we checked in at 4! He had to sleep in his stroller for hours before we got the crib even though I requested a crib with my bookings.com reservation and had to call the bell boy two times and go down to the check in to finally get a crib- very disappointed. 4 attempts then getting a baby crib at 10 pm is ridiculous for a hotel that is suppose to be amazing. Check in personal told me the crib was already delivered and it was not. I'm not sure if it's a miscommunication or due diligence on the personals case it was not up to par to standards.

I like how clean and nice both rooms booked. Bathrooms were nice and big and super clean. Very important because I have 2 young kids

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

I was surprised the rooms didn't have microwaves. Check in took too long, I feel like they should have express check in/out.

The shuttle bus was very convenient.

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

You have to pay for overnight parking is $30 a day, the hotel rooms aren't anything special, you're really paying for the views and what comes with the hotel. The lines are beyond Ridiculous everyday you're standing in line of aleast 15 people. The hotel is like it's own community so there are people in the hotel that aren't staying there so it adds on to the amount of people in the hotel. Hopefully you don't go on a weekend of event because then it's really busy.

Great location of the hotel, it's walking distance to everything you really need. They have a free club up stairs which has a great view and bar. Nice place to stay if you have the money for it.

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

Your restaurant made my daughter and myself sick, our toilet over flowed and no one came for an hour! Dirty towels were left from the over flow, even after calling to have picked up! ( no one came) The regular cleaning lady finally came and had no knowledge of the towels being dirty, but she placed them in bag outside the door for another 3 hours. When I flushed the toilet the day after, my sink back up with brown stuff! And you guys still charged me 153.00 for my stay! I shouldn’t have paid a single dime! I also cut my stay short, because your hotel ruined my weekend!

The hotel itself is beautiful

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

The room was pretty standard but I did find holes in the bedsheets. It looks like it was worn out by too many washing.

The atrium is very beautiful. Like the musical fountain and it's close by the pier.

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

Customer service could have been better. Some staff were unprofessional and definitely not customer oriented. Had an issue with "Guest Services" but found a professional staff person to clear it up.

The scenery is very nice. It is a very pretty resort. Activities were available all day and night. Super clean.

• King or Queen Room with Atrium View

To much going on,no where to park due to proms n weddings

The weekend I went it was nosey,proms, weddings, n bands playing early in the morn waking me up, the proms kids was rude n all over the hotel,I paid to much money to have a bad stay,I won't be returning there

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

Not much! We loved this resort. We didn't love the price but you get what you pay for I guess!

The atrium and convention area are just beautiful! We also loved the location. The National Harbor area was so cute! There are great restaurants and the resort is right on the water. A bit of a distance from DC but we actually preferred that. They had some fun things going on as well. The silent disco in the lobby was too much fun!

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

this was a good trip I have nothing bad to say we had a great stay

My room had a very good view. Parking was very good. The staff was helpful and friendly. The area around the Hotel was fun and you have a good selection of restaurants. The boat taxi that takes you to Georgetown is a very good trip to experience.

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

My room did not have a mini refrigerator. As a result I wasted my leftovers from my expensive dinner because I did not have anywhere to store them until the next day.

Clean facilities and staff was really knowledgable.

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

Some of the restaurant staff could be more friendly (All American Sports Bar).

Great views. Plenty of things to do in and around the resort. The resort is very kid and family friendly. I came with my wife but, everyone was able to coexist and enjoy the facility,

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

We had to change rooms because one of our first rooms was still dirty. Bed was not made, missing a toilet paper roll holder, and a beer in the fridge. Traveling with 7 total people moving rooms was not ideal. Also for the price I paid in total a messy room and short tempered staff was totally unacceptable.

I liked the location for views and access to a lot of activities.

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

There was noise from the AC right near my bed that was annoying. Paying 30.00 for parking, did not expect this being it was my first time there.

The stay was great with lots to do in the area.

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

Too many fees, and my receipt did not match what was billed to my credit card. The pool was not big enough considering the size of the motel. The resort fee should include the parking. Too many long longs at check in.

• King or Queen Room with Atrium View

Had to call 4 times to get a requested crib, room service missed our room and when we asked for cleaning, they never came!! Pool was very dirty and outside jacuzzis were broken down the whole entire time!! Definitely not worth all the money we paid!

Location and activities

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

One staffperson situated at the transportation window was more interested in her phone than answering our questions.

The Gaylord is a beautiful hotel! We received an upgrade to an Atrium room at a very affordable rate on top of the amazing Booking.com rate. There was lots of attractions both inside the Gaylord and all around the National Harbor! Liked the free shuttle to MGM and outlets.

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

They charged my credit card for the entire stay instead of a deposit- hopefully its credit back to my card when pending status is updated.

Was told I would get free parking due to our visit at the hotel was for my boyfriends birthday.

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

The lines for checking in and out are ridiculously too long. Very similar to an airport which should not be. With that many guests they must come up with a quicker process.

I loved the amenities that were onsite as well as shuttle access.

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

The bed posted had my legs bruised as well as my friends that attended with me. The bed lost by the legs stick out and could cause major issues. Also room view made me feel like I was in prison. The center had a bunch of potential but all there is uncut grass and sadness.

Location to mgm

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

DO NOT STAY HERE if you want to sleep at night. The hotel is poorly soundproofed from room to room and the place is overrun with inconsiderate party animals. I called the front desk at 1:30 A.M. and again at 3:30 A.M. to complain and was only told "we'll send someone up" which was pure smoke because the animals in the next room never quieted.

Special pricing, but as it always applies, you get only what you pay for.

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

I didn't like that fact that the surprise I put in place for my husband and I 10 year Anniversary was not set up when we got to our room.

The staff was great and the room was comfortable.

• King or Queen Room with Atrium View

Information was given completely about needing the room key when leaving the parking area. We had already returned the room key prior to leaving parking area.

everything was good until checkout time

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

The beds are very uncomfortable and there was no iron only an iron board! When I called the front desk to inquiry, they told me they ran out. She never tried to help and didn't call back as she indicated she would. The next day, I asked the housekeeper and she got me one. Also, there should be a ropped line to board the shuttle. People rush the front of the shuttle when it pulls up. Therefore those waiting out there for the longest aren't always able to board due to shortage of seats! No good at all!!! Can lead to arguments and fights. Rooms should also have microwaves!! They do not!!

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

We had moldy food in the refrigerator of the first room we stayed in and we called to let them know the smell was horrendous and we waited over an hour to get moved to another room which we had to fight for. We also got charged incorrectly the first night and had to go to the desk twice to get that resolved. We wasted half our day dealing with this which reuined our dinner plans. Staff was unhelpful in resolving this stating they would not upgrade us or give us any sort of discount since we received one already. (The first night was their mistake not ours). We were also told because of the first nights mistake our parking would be paid but i still paid 30 dollars! For a resort it was not worth it and we will be looking into a better more friendly and clean hotel if we ever stay in the area again.

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

It was my birthday weekend. Every hotel I’ve stayed at, they would do something just a little extra special to make that day amazing, sad to say that this was the first hotel I’ve stayed at to where there wasn’t a special moment.

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

You have a $22 convention center fee plus $30 parking... if I have to pay for parking then what is the conversation fee for?

It’s very nice with lots on interior addition fee activities and the surrounding “neighborhood” is very nice.

No, complaints.

Everyone was nice from the staff to other guests. The location is amazing. It's great for a family trip or a weekend getaway. Had an amazing time.

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

About 8years ago i visited a third world country, Trinidad, i stayed at a courtyard Marriott hotel and on checking in , i was offered a glass of white wine as a complement gift, i said "sweet", taught was, very impressive, i still think about that moment. Gay lord give me two bottles of water, i was not impressed at all .

bed was like a cloud, i did not eat my eggs there.

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

I only did a overnight stay there were a lot of events going on all at one time a graduation, a prom, a wedding and a conference. The crowd of people did not bother me but, when came time to check out on Sunday express checkout on the television was not working. If was working it would not have been so many people in lobby for check out.

The hotel was close to the event I was attending.

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

I think this hotel could have been designed better to allow better views of the harbor. Because of that it was just a plain hotel room. Nothing to write home about.

The bed was comfortable. Shower was comfortable.

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

From the pictures, I thought that I would have a better view (which I requested) from the window of my room. However, my room’s window overlooked a deserted courtyard with no attractions to look at. So, I decided to keep my window’s curtains closed. Moreover, the Gaylords offers a beautiful scenery in other rooms and suites. Unfortunately, I went there on a busy weekend. The atrium rooms are the rooms that have balconies that over shadow’s the lobby.. I wish that I would have known that before booking.. (more clarification)

The cleanliness

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

There was no vending machine with potato chips, candy and stuff along those lines on my floor

Amazing room! The beds were so comfortable I didn't want to leave.

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

Could not get reservation for Brunch. Later that day other family members enjoyed another estaurant at Gaylord’s- don’t remember the name.a

We were looking forward to Sunday Brunch on Mother’s Day, but couldn’t get reservation. Next time we will make reservation early!!

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

We loved everything and wanted to stay longer but it was too expensive.

Literally everything was perfect. The hotel was amazing, the room was amazing, very comfortable. We didn’t want to leave.

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

From the elevator to the room seemed like "the long green mile. An extra fee for things we did not need, but paid for anyway (automatically added on to every bill at the gaylord...really? Why?) Also. Pack a lunch or two...every meal for two in Wash. D.C. apparently you can't eat any meal for under $50-80 low end. There were no real perks to stay unless your on a business trip and your company pays. Not for an average Joe like me.

To me it really was just a regular room.

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

The bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean. It was spacious as well for four women staying in a two queen. I really love the atmosphere of the hotel and how it is so close to everything. You can definitely do everything inside the hotel or along the national harbor. I like that everything is in walking distance

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

The customer service for the in room dining was not good...did not get my order correct and lady on the phone had an attitude when I asked for the corrected items...my mom ordered soup and did not get correct utensils....her soup wound up cold by the time she got a spoon. Lastly, the air condition unit in the room was noisy...not sure if it was broken, but made a ratting noise throughout the night.

Tha food was delicious and room clean

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

I loved everything about the hotel

I heard about this hotel and decided to experience it myself. It exceeded all expectations and is now the hotel to beat. Top of the list for this area!

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

There was no microwave or mini fridge..... looking for a restaurant in the Gaylord that had breakfast. Or even some information about the restaurants in the Gaylord.

I liked the room the ballroom level the lobby bar.

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

There was nothing wrong with the property. Parking is expensive but that's about it

The scenery, the staff were pleasant and the rooms were quiet and nice

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

There were no dislikes. Valet was very busy and it was raining, but there was a prom event so that was to be expected .

The property was beautiful and clean. I had 2 rooms and they accommodated all my needs.

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

I booked a king and was given 2 queen beds, the beds are really hard, paying $30 to park on top $400 room is ridiculous,

The atmosphere was nice, the rooftop lounge was really nice with good music

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

Didn’t like the fact that you had to pay $30 to park! That was ridiculous! I understand that because it’s close to all the stores and the harbor, that they would need to charge to park, as it would be hard to keep people from parking there. But- if you validated the parking for the hotel guests, that way you could still charge for the other patrons who use it to go shopping. I felt like the resort fee should have covered that. Other than that, it was a great hotel.

Beautiful facilities! Close to the harbor and shopping.

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

While in the jacuzzi a staff member was power washing the pool floor. So while I was trying to relax all I heard was the loud power washer! Ruined that part of my relaxation.

The view

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

Could've used a small microwave oven in the room...

Staff was excellent, the entire property is non-smoking, cool view of the harbor/bay/river, close to a casino...

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

Went to show at MGM Grand and cost $30 to get back to Gaylord. Circulator stopped running, no taxis and only black suburban’s. Knowing the Oxon Hill area, no one was going to risk walking back. When performances are in session at MGM, hotel must coordinate to keep that circulator running for guests.

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

The room numbers are not in sequential order. For example; my room number was 10084; the room next to mine was 10300. I do not understand the numbering sequence.

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

That we had to check in at 4 instead of 3 and checkout at 11 instead of 12. I do think your times should be revisited!

Claire was AMAZING!! We checked in with ease! She was very friendly, accommodating, well knowledged about the Gaylord and the services they provided. She made us feel like royalty. She is clearly management material. I hope her talents are recognized and not taken for granted! Because of her professionalism and kind spirit, I will return for another stay. THANK YOU CLAIRE! Mrs Michie😘

• Executive King Suite

My room was not cleaned until 7pm after I called twice. The spread in the closet had a stain on it, either chocolate or blood. It was replaced after I complained about it. Hard to get hot water for tea or coffee. Had to reques from room service.

The size of my suite and the comfortable bed. Also, I liked the double sink bathroom and seated shower.

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

It would have been nice if the hotel had a continental breakfast for the guest.

My husband and I liked the entire experience. We were with friends and they really showed us a fantastic time.

• Executive King Suite

Would have preferred a room that viewed the river/outside area, or inside other than the parking lot but overall was happy with the room size and cleanliness.

Executive Suite was roomy, clean and the heat worked when it became cold in room.

• King or Queen Room with Atrium View

Needs more restaurants, had to wait an hour to get dinner at the sports bar because the steak house was super expensive. Arrived at restaurant at 9pm was sitting at 10pm.

Beatiful Atrium. Beds very comfortable. Very clean. Beautiful place.

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

The property is so huge because of the convention center that it was a little overwhelming getting around. it was bout a 25 minute walk from my car to my room. There was an app that I downloaded that helped me maneuver around a little better.

The accomodations were really nice and it was close to the Mgm with free shuttle to MGM as well as the outlets and nearby attractions.

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

Wish the price of hotel included more. Only included water in room instead of coffee and wished breakfast was included

The room was clean and spacious and the bed was really comfortable. Staff was great and love the pool

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

Food was very poor. the in-house restaurants were poor and room service was pretty awful. For such a large venue there was very little access to food at the hotel.

Large rooms and nice aspect to the hotel. Great pool and conference facilities

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

I was extremely disappointed with the staff. They didn't even try to help when I asked them questions. The room was not comfortable. Very disappointed.

Had a nice view and the house cleaners did a good job. the location was great.

• Deluxe King or Queen Room

We liked it very much. We liked the location of the event center and ability to walk through parts of National Harbor.

We did not eat in any of the restaurants in the hotel, but we were provided a good continental breakfast and nice lunch during the conference. The ladies bathroom's were as clean as you can expect during multiple conferences in the same area. Plenty of coffee and tea, etc. provided. The coffee was not hot, but we were happy to have it.

Browse Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center traveller photo gallery