Reviews of Georgetown Suites Harbour 3 stars

1000 29th Street Northwest, Northwest, Washington, DC 20007, USA

#112 of 138 hotels in Washington

• King Studio Suite

too expensive for what it offers, doors are not meant to have guests arrive with suitcases...hard to get in, buffet breakfast area does not allow for privacy

• King Studio Suite

Parking is convenient but very tight spaces.

Excellent location! walking distance to lots of restaurants, shops and near the waterfront. Room was large and had a kitchen. Staff was friendly! Would definitely stay here again.

• Queen Studio Suite

but the airco is extremely noisy - you can’t keep it on and I had a view on the motorway like littérature it was 50m away. But for few hours of sleep it’s ok.

The rooms are large and clean

• Queen Studio Suite

Parking was difficult. You have to park up (Pay at a meter for the time you're checking in) then pay about $35 overnight to park around the corner in a tight underground lot.

It was a bit cheaper than the others. They gave offer me a very early check in at 08:00 AM which was kind, they didn't charge me either.

• King Studio Suite

Our room faced on to the freeway but apart from the view we had no problem with any noise from it. The apartments were about 20min walk from foggy bottom subway but didn't cause us any problem.

Great location for Georgetown. Self service breakfast provided. Limited selection but enough to fill up on. Coffee available throughout the day. Very helpful and friendly staff. Our room was huge with little kitchen which was a bonus. Very clean throughout with everything we needed

• King Studio Suite

We accidentally left something in the room. The staff and manager went out of their way to find the item and FedEx it to us. The staff were friendly and helpful. Would highly recommend.

• King Studio Suite

The view on the road and the noise due to the traffic.

The room was very comfy and clean, the staff was very nice and professional and the breakfast amazing. It was better than expected!

• King Studio Suite

Maybe the breakfastroom could be a little bit more cosy..., it's at the reception. Breakfast although was good.

The receptionist was very friendly and helpfull

• King Studio Suite

The GPS had us going all over the place in DC - it was confused with the upper and lower roads and one way streets. Then had a little trouble finding the exact location on 29th as this is a large facility. Vending machine for late night snacks was troublesome not accepting $5 bills and then eating quarters. If you have a large SUV the parking is very tight but it is conveniently located.

Location on a side street near the main street of Georgtown was awesome. Got a free upgrade so the room was a large suite (although we din't really use it as such - just a one night's stay for a sports event). Bed was comfortable for me. Bath was a little dated but it was clean and functional. Staff were very friendly, professional and helpful.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The air conditioning worked well but was quite noisy when it switched on.

Spacious & well equipped. Quiet & excellent wifi. Good breakfast choices. Coffee available all day. Very helpful reception staff. Perfect location close to Washington Harbour & M Street shops & cafés & on the Circulator Bus route. No waiting for elevators. All in all we are so happy we chose to stay here and in the historic Georgetown area. Hope to return next year.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Furniture and carpet is run down, could really use an update, especially at the price. You'll get newer, more modern hotels over in Dupont or downtown for about $50 less a night. Here you're paying for the privilege of staying right in the heart of Georgetown (which is of course what I wanted). Good pick if you are set on Georgetown, but I'd look elsewhere you are flexible to stay in other parts of DC.

Very friendly and helpful staff at Front Desk. Suite was quite spacious with separate kitchen, living room and bedroom. A shame I hardly used it being out and about the whole weekend! Great location in Georgetown being steps away from the Waterfront and 2 blocks to M Street.

• Queen Studio Suite

No shampoo in room initially. No creamer for in room coffee. Room overlooked highway and not water as expected. Shower fixtures lacked some caulking. Only one waste basket and that was located in remote bathroom.

Large breakfast selection. Convenient location.

• King Studio Suite

Confusing about the two properties - our group was split into two locations as a result of over-booking. I think the other location - Georgetown Suites looked nicer with a bigger lobby. The pull out bed is convenient to add another person but it is not comfortable. Need more bedding for it. The morning breakfast was marginal but enough - the hard boiled eggs were over-done. the lobby is very small - so tough to meet a large group there or have enough room for breakfast.

it was very clean and the one bedroom suites are a good size with plenty of open space. it was clean and well kept. super close to all the shops and restaurants in Georgetown.

• King Studio Suite

Although in general the rooms seemed to be cleaned very thoroughly, there was a weird smell in the room, on the corridor as well. Some towels had yellowish color which looked as if they were not washed properly.

Location was amazing. Goergetown is the most beautiful neighbourhood in Washington, DC. Room was spacius, also included a kitchen, bed was comfortable, shower stream strong enough for quick wash of my long and thick hair. Breakfast was a nice benefit but dont expect anything fancy, espeically if you travel from Europe.

• King Studio Suite

I found maneuvering in the garage very difficult in fact I damaged my car backing into a column I didn't realize was there. Causing about $1000 damage.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• King Studio Suite

The fact that the bedroom had no window or natural light. The fact that their check in system wasn't working when we arrived so they had to process my credit card manually but when we got back to the room in the late afternoon we had been locked out due to the fact the staff claimed the credit card could not be swiped- their problem and we felt like criminals without so much as an apology. Breakfast room doubles as lobby so very crowded and noisy at breakfast time. Despite this, we would stay here again.

Location is good. Facilities in room adequate, enjoyed the availability of tea and coffee all day in the foyer. Comfortable sitting room. Staff helpful and flexible.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• King Studio Suite

Our room had a leak in the ceiling from the air conditioner and a stain on the carpet and our friend's room had a closet door that was broken. Need to check rooms for issues like these and fix them before consumers stay in them.

The staff was friendly and helpful. All the rooms are suites with kitchens and very large and comfortable. Breakfast was good. Hotel was centrally located. Could walk on the boardwalk with nice restaurants and shops.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• King Studio Suite

I did not know until arrival that our room was literally on the highway. It was so loud we had to wear Earplugs at night.

The location was great. Easy walking around Georgetown.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• King Studio Suite

The AC in the room was extremely loud, and the windows were not double glazed. Didn't help that the room overlooked the highway and all its noise. Would recommend rooms that overlook the inner courtyard only.

The location was perfect for Georgetown. Easy access and plenty of Uber cars around.

• King Studio Suite

Secret service had street blocked for dignitary at Four Seasons. People smoked in the doorway and had to walk thru a wall of second hand smoke every time i came in or was going out. Traffic noise was aweful thru the night along with barking secret service dogs. Will NOT stay there again.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• King Studio Suite

Noise from the elevated highway adjacent to the property, slightly shabby rooms with a smell of stale food.

Excellent location right by Washington Harbour and yards from the centre of historic Georgetown, friendly and helpful staff.

• King Studio Suite

The continental breakfast did not offer much for me because I can't eat gluten/wheat.

I loved the in room kitchenette. The amenities were terrific a was the staff.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The only complaint I have is the noise of the A/C and the fact that I couldn't adjust it - we were there for a super hot weekend and needed to be a little cooler. Also, I asked for a new light bulb for lamp in living room - never came.

Location was great - wish it was a little closer to Metro stop- but location to the K street Waterfront, AMC theater and M street were PERFECT. Decent breakfast. TINY parking garage - wish I owned a mini.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Nor fresh air ventilation in the room

Customer service & breakfast & free Wifi that brought me closer daily to my families in other side of the planet

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Queen Studio Suite

Need more protein options for breakfast- boiled eggs would be nice.

The front desk was spectacularly helpful, friendly and accessible. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. I would happily stay here again. I originally was concerned about the location since I was traveling alone and have not been to DC before, but once I understood the metro routes and how to get to the Foggy Bottoms station, it was easy to manage.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• King Studio Suite

Air conditioners both in the bathroom and the room work really loudly. They could not provide a pilliw that does not made of goose down (my husband is allergic to it and they might be other people experiencig this problem).

Rooms are big. They put every necessary thing in the room like plates forks iron dish washer microwave coffee machine etc. Location of the hotel is good. Georgetown district is one if the bests in Washigton. You can go to national mall by taking only one circulator bus. Two ladies at the front desk are nice. Breakfast is satisfactory.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

• King Studio Suite

I did not like my stay at the hotel. The lady at the front desk asked me a question that the lady in front wasn't asked due to how I looked. Also the lady at the desk assumed that I didn't drive therefore, didn't tell me where the parking lot was yet again the person before me she did and also gave her a map to show where it was without her asking. Overall the hotel was good just need a staff that is whiling to help everyone the same way not based on there looks.

I loved the area and the environment of Georgetown.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• King Studio Suite

Building looks derelict from inside and out, rather depressing, staff is polite but not helpful because they are poorly trained and informed about parking, restaurants, etc. The TV and the alarm clock/radio were not working.

Cleanliness

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The suite we had was pretty dated & tired, but clean. A nice update of furnishings, bedding etc would do wonders, esp for one's initial impression

staff was really accommodating, pleasant and helpful - love the location

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Hotels were sold out during the inauguration weekend, and I had to settle for a one-bedroom suite with my friend, which meant that I slept on the sleeper couch the first night. It was like sleeping on the side of a rocky mountain, and the upholstery on the couch itself was tatty. Since I had such a bad night on the sleeper couch, the staff did give me a rollaway for the rest of my stay without charging me the normal $15 fee. I appreciated that, since the room price was already extraordinarily expensive because of the inauguration weekend event. My room's coffee maker produced moldy-tasting coffee.

Location location. I also liked that I could get coffee 24 hours a day in the lobby.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite

The sofa bed sagged a little. A few more pillows (for 3 people) would be good. A few coat hooks on large wall In entry across from closet would be helpful. Far from a metro, although DC circulator buses run often.

Very short walk to M St. In Georgetown for interesting shops and restaurants. Spacious suite and excellent kitchen. Bed in bedroom very comfortable and 2 great reading lamps. Suite very clean. Staff friendly and helpful. Good breakfast, good coffee.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• King Studio Suite

I had prepaid for a 3 night stay. After the 1st night The staff packed all my possessions and removed my bags from the room. I came back to find a clean room and all my items GONE. They apologized for their mistake. The next day when I returned late, I found a person in my bed upon my arrival. They let an unauthorized person enter my room. Very disappointed with security and staff here.

• King Studio Suite

Parking was a terrible experience. There was a garage that we pulled into. There is a place to take tickets and an intercom, but the ticket machine didn't work and no one picked up on the other end of the intercom. I had another guest pull up behind us and tell us that we had to find parking on the street, check-in, then they give you a pass. Once we finally found street parking on a super crammed street, we were told that parking was sold out and we'd have to find public parking. We found a lot 1 block over that was $12 a night on the weekends.

The room was spacious and the bed was comfortable. It was in a pretty good location in the city.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The parking was full when we arrived and the staff were not super well versed or helpful on other options to park.

The room was extremely spacious and the pull out couch was comfortable. The bed was pretty comfortable and the closet was massive. There was a mini fridge, cook top, dishes, microwave, dish washer, and kitchen sink in the room. Breakfast in less bagels, muffins, coffee, juice, yogurt, bfast sandwiches, etc - simple continental. I was staying with college friends on New Year's Eve so the location was prime to the venue we spent the evening at. I was overall happy with our stay here.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

• Queen Studio Suite

Room was very noisy .. was on 4 th floor and windows over looked major road .. traffic noises could be heard all night

room size complimentary breakfast and wifi

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

• King Studio Suite

a bit noisy next to Whitehurst freeway, but location was great--so that overrode the noise issue for me

Miguel at the front desk was both extremely helpful and welcoming. Parking was easy!

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

• King Studio Suite

The street to the hotel was very dark and did not feel quite safe coming in at night. It could use an upgrade for the price and they need to fix the blinds they did not close all the way and you could be seen from the street

The location was great in walking distant to lots of stuff. Traveling around was great!

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite

At the time of checkout, the hotel reception desk inadvertently deducted (despite being told that I would be paying by Cash) an amount of USD 180.05 from my SBI credit card on 17th Oct and it was immediately(within seconds) reverted back to my cards credit once I re-iterated them that I would be paying by cash. However, in this transaction that was made mistakenly, I lost an amount of (INR: Indian National Rupee) Rs 1012.94. ( 1 USD is equivalent to Rs 67.8). I believe this could have been avoided.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Better lighting outside in the evening. Also hard to park.

One bedroom suite is extremely spacious and comfortable. Our room was quiet and very clean. Nice kitchen area and living room. The staff was friendly and hotel location is excellent.

• Queen Studio Suite

Location was fine-- hotel is older and both the common space and the rooms need some work

The bed was great and the staff was very helpful The continental breakfast was very nice but could use a location other than the front lobby

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The place needs a overhaul.. It seemed tired. The suite I was in, a king suite, had so much wasted room, the couch looks like it was from the 50's

Beds were very comfortable

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite

The couch and chair in the living room were HORRIBLY uncomfortable! Wish there had been a restaurant and/or lounge on site for an afternoon/evening cocktail or bite to eat.

The location was great--near the waterfront, bike trails and metro station. Nice to have laundry facilities after a week on the C&O Canal path. Staff were most helpful with directions, answering questions, helping with luggage.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• Queen Studio Suite

The picture of the hotel on internet does not show dat in front of the hotel, barely 3 to 4 meters there is a junction of flyovers. There is heavy trafic all day long and till late in THE eventing, starting early in THE morning. Breakfast was poor.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• King Studio Suite

Should have advised major renovation in the lobby area, very dusty and smelled like chemicals; room air conditioning very loud, as if it were broken.

Great location, parking convenient and reasonable, room very clean, spacious, kitchen. Room exactly as advertised! Staff very friendly, knowledgeable and courteous!

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

• King Studio Suite

The hallways and lobby were a bit dated, but they are in the process of renovation.

The room was clean, modern, and quiet. The bed was super comfortable!

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• Queen Studio Suite

The breakfast was too heavily weighted with high carb items. I'm diabetic and there was nothing I could eat except bananas.

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• King Studio Suite

I didn't like that my room looked out on the freeway - quite noisy. The Air conditioning unit in the breakfast area was full for a day and dripping through the ceiling into a bucket that made the place seem quite down at heel.

I liked location size of room and breakfast

• Reviewed: 24 June 2016

• Queen Studio Suite

This hotel is a good base for visiting the sites in Washington. It is for travellers that needs a good clean place to sleep and nothing more. Nice restaurants is close by in cosy Georgetown and the National Mall is in walkingdistance.

Stayed in May 2016

Room was amazing.

very noisy

great bed and pillows.

• King Studio Suite

Did not meet the expectations based on online images

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Everybody was very nice and understanding

• Queen Studio Suite

Lighting could have been brighter for reading.

Location, staff, roominess, value

• One-Bedroom King Suite

They took 50$ as an insurance, and at the check out they didn’t return the money back

Expensive

Location great

The bed was not great

Location was good. Near the waterfront & walkable to main part of Georgetown

• King Studio Suite

very noisy near the freeway

• One-Bedroom King Suite

They did not vacumm everyday.

The space the room had, very comfortable.

Parking

Everything, just Parking no good subterranean expensive

• Queen Studio Suite

Miquel was like Santa Claus, whatever you wanted he delivered. He had discounts to local resturaunts, very informative and helpful

• King Studio Suite

Great safe location near the water and central to all the shops.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The breakfast is a little lean.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Fenced off area south of hotel took away from curb appeal

Location location location

• King Studio Suite

It is right by the highway. A little noisy in certain side of the facility

Location. Brand new renovation. Spacious room

Very limited breakfast buffet

Small, good hotel at quiet location but within walking distance of Georgetown restaurant and shops

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The suite was very roomy

• Queen Studio Suite

Air conditioner came on and off, sounding like a jet taking off. One large vent blew cool air in, then it came on again very loudly

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Queen Studio Suite

The property is tired and ready for renovation.

The rooms are large and have all the amenities.

• King Studio Suite

I drove a truck and the parking garage was a little tight

Clean rooms. quiet hallways.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Parking lot could have been cleaner.

Location. Bed was comfortable. Staff was helpful.

• King Studio Suite

The tv did not work but we were out all day.

Very comfortable. Great place to stay if your looking for a good located hotel in a great area

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

• King Studio Suite

Super friendly staff, great location to downtown, quiet and well equipped room, laundry facilities

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

• King Studio Suite

Tv was broken Stains on rug Dry face pads Bell hop never available No valet No service

Coffee machine

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite

We had the penthouse with patio! Wow. perfect view and it was nice to have a place to sit outside.