Reviews of Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center 4 stars

800 Spring Street NW, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA

#39 of 250 hotels in Atlanta

• King Room - Disability Access

Air conditioning wasn’t quite cold enough

Bed was superb. Breakfast was outstanding. Location is right on campus with many delicious restaurants within 10 minute walk.

• King Room - Disability Access

The bathroom was below par. Dirty shower curtains, broken drainage plug, iron was dirty.

Location was good, walking distance to nice bars and comedy club.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Feels quite old, need some renovation.

Location is good. It's also nice to have a restaurant at the hotel and the food is in good quality. The bed is very comfy

That I couldn’t take the bed home with me.

The most comfortable bed I have ever slept on....including my own! The hotel security was excellent and the staff was superb.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Front desk staff efficient and capable, but did not smile or present themselves as friendly.

Great beds. Liked the Waffle House next door. Staff worked with us since a friend was meeting us there and let her wait in our room since we would be late arriving g.

Sheets are synthetic, need cover is synthetic. Nothing is made of cotton. Quite uncomfortable. Pillows are not comfortable.

Great location, spotless, quiet. Plush mattress. Starbucks across the street

The restaurant in the hotel itself was never open. We would come back from a cheer competition and it was never open. We preferred to eat in the hotel, but spent two nights eating in the bar area with kids. The selection of food in the bar was limited as compared to what would have been available at the restaurant. The good news, other restaurants were a walk away.

Bed was comfortable. Checked in slightly early. Stayed a few days. Lots of restaurants in the area for food selection.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Breakfast options were more expensive than we would have liked. Free round the clock coffee downstairs would be nice. The eating establishments immediately proximate to the hotel don't provide a lot of good breakfast options--somewhat limited. I think the beds were maybe doubles or felt that way where queen would have been nicer.

Staff very courteous and helpful. Rooms clean. Outlets to work with. Nice large window. Temp control good. Large lobby downstairs where we could get work done. Some free fresh fruit provided as well as water in the lobby supported our use of this space. Location relative to Georgia Tech was great. Also could walk 20 minutes to other locations, such as the aquarium, civil rights museum or some great restaurants. (Sometimes area was sketchy so walk was better at daytime, and sidewalks were not consistent due to construction.) Loved taking MARTA directly from airport for $2.50 each way (plus $1.00 breeze card). Easy. We did not need a car at all which was stupendous.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

We never were able to order room service..either we ordered and it didn't come in time. Restaurant was never really open...only bar which had limited menu. Not many restaurant choices walking distance unless into Georgia Tech college student bar or food court - oh and a waffle house. Also it was $30 round trip daily for uber to our conference.

There for cheerleader conference and our group chose to stay there. Hotel was nice and comfortable but had some dining issues

• King Room - Disability Access

Breakfast not included in price.

Very friendly and obliging staff, great location in midtown near Georgia Tech campus with access to subways and bus stops with a couple of great restaurants in the vicinity. Rooms were clean and well appointed.

The Georgia Tech hotel is reliably comfortable and clean, and within easy walking distance of venues I typically need to get to, as well as midtown. Ecco restaurant is only several blocks away, and an excellent dinner.

24 hour food they advertise was NOT true. Bar being open when they said they were. Room service was not opened as advertised. They told me to go to Waffle House, not too bad but they advertise different!!! Made me wait for Kayak.com to come through. Were not in power to give me the same deal.

Lower price for area. Clean, comfortable room.

The only thing that I didn't like was that the property was so far away from shopping and restaurants. There wasn't much to do in the immediate area. Although, in fairness, we did saty there on what had been the coldest new year's eve in 16 years, therefore we were not willing to do a lot of walking around.

Staff were very friendly, and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable.

This facility was great!! The staff was friendly and welcoming. The room was clean. The gym and pool was a plus. I definitely would stay here again. There also is a waffle house right next door that is open 24 hours and the food was amazing.

I was charged $7 for using the phone for like 2 minutes to find my own cell phone I misplaced.

Loved the location and price. The female staff was short with me but nice. The male staff member was really nice to speak with.

The worst experience ever! I arrived at the hotel at midnight and the front desk informed that they couldn't find my reservation. After I showed her my confirmation letter, the staff showed no attitude of helping me out and just yelled at me said "I just can not find your reservation on the system" Then she just literally walked away. So I had to call booking to confirm my reservation. Finally after the help from booking, I can check in. Then I heard she murmured while she was making the keys. I asked what was she talking about. She just said I would understand and the elevator is on the right and thrown the keys to me. I was totally shocked by her attitude. I understand it was not pleasant woking on Christmas night shift, but she did not need to let it out by yelling at random people.

Had trouble, a lot of trouble with the kiosk in the parking garage. Even the attendant didn't know how to work it. When finally we were done with the kiosk, the car before us refused to pay it and we all had to back up and let him back into the garage and get out and go to the front desk. All of this probably took 30 minutes out of our busy schedule.

No complaints

Nice clean room, beds, and bathroom. Plenty of towels and washcloths. The exfoliating soap was the best! The stag was very professional, polite, and courteous. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my family and friends. Great job!

Between the front staff and the housekeeper are different attitude, I was very disappointed with housekeeper, although put on the good tip every morning on the bed.

Wonderful location & nice breakfast! Thank you!

Noisy hallway.outside of room. Lots of slamming doors..while leaving garage had to use cash to pay. Card reader was taped over, no cashier attendant present. I paid $20 cash for a $15 charge and no change was given.

Bed was comfy

I will give a 5 stars to your staff, they are so friendly,supportive. No charge for the 1st night as we were stuck on highway due to heavy traffic. It's great with such a wonderful team. We stayed at room#549, too noisy because being so closed with the ice-maker; dryer malfunctioned without the replace. In addition, there is no refrigerator then it gives my family a real challenge for my son's stuffs like milk, food, fruits.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

I expected the hotel's staff to be quicker with service. Waiting almost an hour on towels etc didn't settle with me, everything there was also beyond over priced.

It was really clean and everything else you would expect a hotel to be.

We had a storage pod on the roof of car, couldn't fit in garage, no one seemed to help or care, would of been nice if we could of parked right outside, in the turn around, it was only one night. My husband had to quickly disassemble it by himself, he was blocking traffic, also no one had a clue if we could of stored it safely somewhere, so it went into the car, which made it unsafe to drive because you couldn't see out back. For future reference it would of been nice if you guys had a plan for this type of situation.

It was very quiet

• King Room - Disability Access

Shower curtain was stained and was not properly cleaned until second-to-last day.

Conference accommodations were top-notch. Staff was beyond excellent.

Read the comments above

I live the convenience, but the guy who checked us in was a pain. We were trying to pay with another credit card and he told us we could not. However, the manager in the morning did a great job....but this happened at two places we booked through booking.com....not great...no problem with the other sites we used.

I know location is a big price booster. But for the overall hotel. It wasn’t much better than a days inn. Everything was clean and shiny. But the price wasn’t worth it. If it was half the price it would be well worth it

Pillows amazing. Bed comfy. Beautiful building. And close to everything b

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Rooms are not large enough. No microwave in the room.and I will never book from booking.com again I booked double beds and the hotel gave me what they wanted to give me..

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The staff was friendly and helpful. It was within walking distance of Georgia Tech with lots of restaurants around it. The room was clean and the beds and pillows were comfortable.

I didn't like that there wasn't outlets available near the bed. Instead of having the outdated iPhone radio charger alarm you could replace it with a aux speaker or just free up the outlet so I can charger my newer iPhone port.

I had the breakfast bar. The cafeteria staff were attentive and pleasant.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

A little expensive. The parking is a public one without places reserved for the hotel neither a direct access to it

New and nice room. Big flat screen.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Parking and unloading inconvenient Staff not helpful. Not enough carts to unload and load and staff unwilling to help guests Was a big wedding party staying the weekend we were there

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

My reservations were a nightmare! I don't know who made the mess because you both blamed each other, but it was a blight on an otherwise wonderful graduation weekend. I am waiting for the credit card bill to see if everything has been billed properly.

Check in took some time

We only stayed in room for a few hours to watch the Masters golf tournament. My son had a 9pm flight and we drove back to home two hours away so we did not spend the night. Convenient location.

I really didn't find anything wrong with the hotel.

The location was perfect for us to get to many of the local shops. Overall the staff was great and I would stay there again.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Slow bathtub drain, room temp,was warm. I left items in the room; it would have been nice to receive a courtsey call to let me know they were found.

The location and condition of the hotel

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

I was disappointed to have a handicapped accessible room where water from the shower ran all over the floor. We were traveling with our daughter and granddaughter, whom we thought would be in adjoining room, but were three rooms away. Also, we had real drink glasses in our room the first day but they were not replaced the next day and the room attendant said she didn't have any more and didn't volunteer anymore. So we went to Starbucks and got our own paper cups for drinks. Little plastic cups in the room were not what I would have expected in a room of this class.

In general it was clean and well run. The bell captain was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

The foyer of the hotel is lovely, the room size and amenities are great. I love that I could use the laundry without any charges. Excellent location if you are visiting the Georgia Tech University.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

price. $16? for breakfast?? that was more than what we paid for dinner the night before at a nice restaurant a few blocks away.

the room - clean, well arranged, amenities

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

The staff is terrific. Helpful and good natured. Polite. The hotel is extremely well run. I have stayed there many times over the course of years - and have never had a bad experience. The restaurant is also excellent.

We enjoyed staying at this hotel, it was a great experience. The staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome and they were very helpful with instructions for travelling on the Marta. We were also allowed to check in early.

• King Room - Disability Access

We did not have a trash can in our room which was unacceptable because we had to leave all of our trash in a pile on the floor due to nowhere else to put it. We also were not properly informed as to how the hotel's breakfast worked so we decided to just leave instead of grabbing breakfast first. The place to pay to get out of the parking deck did not have a cover over it so when we were trying to leave I got soaking wet from rain pouring on my arms and into my vehicle while trying to pay.

The room was very clean and our bed was very comfortable and relaxing. We loved the lobby of the hotel because it was very open and inviting. The location of the hotel was also convenient. The parking deck also added a little bit more security when it came to leaving our car unattended which put our minds at ease.

• King Room - Disability Access

Walls are very thin. We could hear doors slam all night, group of kids running up and down hall, talking, laughing in next room, we never complained but very annoying and didn't sleep very well because of this.

Rooms are nice, bed slept great.overall room wise it was good.

• King Room - Disability Access

The second night we went to the club room and order dinner and a drink. The waitor and bar tenders were absolutely awful!!! They definitely didn't treat us like Topia did the night before.

The staff at the front desk was very nice & welcoming! Topia in the Club Room was extremely attentive and professional. We were happy she was our waiter/bar tender.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

We got to the hotel very early on what was obviously a busy day for them and asked to give them our number if a room come available early. Staff was incredibly polite and said they hold call us as soon as possible. Stopped in the bar to have a drink and within 15 minutes we were called because a room was ready. Great service!

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Could have a little more friendly staff. Some facilities which are normally expected in hotels of this type and cost, were missing.

Good and comfortable room. Very good location, just next to it is the extremely famous Georgia Tech. Clean room, no foul smells anywhere. Size of room was also good. Lots of shops very close by. Stayed for one evening checked out next day, hence did not have much time to check the pool etc., but overall the room was nice.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

I didn't like that when I arrived at the hotel I was told that the price was a hundred dollars extra,and the explanation was my card didn't go through with your company even though I reviewed a confrontation number from your company.so I'm very sad to say I'm not booking with your company again.

I like that it was closed to everything I wanted to do in Atlanta.because it was my first time in atlanta

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

The dining facility was supposed to open till 10:00 pm but closed much earlier at least on two days in a row. Nobody mentioned it when we checked in and there was no sign either. The selection at the breakfast buffet is good!

Close to Georgia Tech. Parking garage right next door.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Everything was actually fine except the bleach! The bedding and towels smelled of bleach. The pool and spa was way over chlorinated. And the spa had way too much foam meaning it needed servicing badly.

We don't drink so didn't try the bar. Nor did we eat there so cannot rate that. Otherwise staff were fine and the facility was clean. Bedding and towels were changed promptly.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

I didn't like the fact that you have to pay extra for a fridge and there was no microwave. Every hotel I have ever stayed at always comes equip with those two appliances so that was a major let down especially since I stayed for 5 days.

Throughout the hotel it was very clean which is a huge plus in my eyes. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was delicious,fresh omelets and pancakes made to order.

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Very conveniently located. Right next to the Georgia Tech campus and minutes from downtown and the famed Peachtree Street. Lots of places to eat right around the corner, across the street and down the road.

• King Room - Disability Access

Breakfast was good. Staff were great. Room was clean and comfortable.

Liked everything

Everything was top notch, property, location, staff, restaurant and room was fantastic

Nothing negative to say!

Beautiful room and very accommodating staff!

Everything was fine. No complaints

Excellent staff who could not have been more helpful. Large room perfectly equipped for work. First class quality.

Everything was clean and comfortable.

• King Room - Disability Access

The air took a long time to kick on, it was hot.

We liked the decor, it grows on you, it always felt comfortable walking into the hotel. The beds were very cosy too.

Air con not cold enough

The whole stay

Pillows too big- how about one big and one less filled.

This is our favorite place to stay when visiting our GT students. Great location,friendly staff and very nice accommodations.

Nothing.. it was perfect!

Perfect location as I had to visit Gatech for a meeting the next morning. Very clean room and great staff.

• King Room - Disability Access

the stuff sold in the store cost way to much

The location was suitable for me at this time.

Room was not cleaned until 6 PM

Were it was located

Nothing comes to mind.

Indoor pool was great.

• King Room - Disability Access

The breakfast buffet was expensive but delicious

Not having a small refrigerator in the room.

We liked everything. The room was very comfortable.

Breakfast was great!

No refrigerator

Need refrigerator in room

Valet was limited but available. It was not an issue really just short staffed.

The staff was extremely friendly.

I enjoy it

The property was clean. The staff was polite