Reviews of The Evelyn 3 stars

7 East 27th Street, NoMad, New York, NY 10016, USA

#237 of 415 hotels in New York

• Deluxe Queen Room

The breakfast pastries are no longer provided!

Beds are great and rooms are very comfortable. The fridge and desk make a big difference when travelling for work and staying for an extended period. The gym is great when weather is not so good.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The only thing I didn't like was that the rooms weren't fully soundproof. Although I couldn't hear people in the other rooms, I could people very clearly in the hallway, but this is probably because my room was right next to the elevators.

I honestly had an amazing stay at The Evelyn! The staff was extremely accommodating. The room and bathroom weren't too small and they were very clean. The decor itself is quite quaint. The location is amazing! It's a couple minutes walk from the flatiron building and on the corner of 5th avenue and 27th street so there are plenty of places to shop.

• Superior Queen Room

They were refurbishing the lobby and restaurant for the two times we were there so had to eat breakfast out. Other than that everything was great.

This is a good value hotel in a superb location. The staff are incredibly helpful and well informed about local bars, restaurants and other amenities we asked about. We were making a two-week visit to upstate New York so had just booked for one night at the Evelyn as our flight arrived at JFK quite late. However we were really impressed by it so when we realised we'd have to stay a night in the city for our return journey we booked at the Evelyn again and were not disappointed.

• Deluxe Double Double

Our room had a horrible smell that never went away. We had to keep the window open the whole time which made it noisy. The hotel offered another room, but that would have taken us further away from our other members of our party. The room was very small which may be the case with all NY hotels. There was only coffee for breakfast with a line to the one coffee pot. No pastries or other amenities. The fitness room was extremely small & a little scary. The location of the hotel was right beside the Museum of Sex. I know we’re in NY, but I would rather my kids not have to walk beside the large windows of this place with their raunchy displays every time we left the hotel.

Good location to uptown & downtown attractions. Comfortable beds. Good staff.

• Deluxe Double Double

The showers were luxurious, but there was some delay with changing water temperature (e.g. hot water took about a minute to heat up) and it took a little while to figure out how to use.

Really enjoyed staying at The Evelyn. Beds were very comfy, though rooms were quite small (think European sized). Location is excellent, but at night expect to hear honking and some drunken yelling (nature of the neighborhood, not the hotel). There was still construction in the lobby, but once it's complete, it'll be very charming. Loved the renovations in the room and little design touches (beautiful modern chandelier, bathroom was gorgeous with the marble and cute music note accent tile). Staff was very helpful and nice as well!

• Superior Queen Room

Hotel was under renovation - it would have been courteous if we had been informed of this. No bar or food facilities due to the renovations.

Great location for all the major sights. Comfortable beds although our room was really compact.

Under construction so no breakfast available - was inconvenient.

Clean, modern rooms and very comfortable. Staff were helpful and the location was great to get to both up and downtown.

• Superior Queen Room

CONS: unfriendly staff, they never smile neither say "hello", too soft bed (queen size is not appropriate for two) and too flat pillows, there is no soundproof at all, we basically heard every word from random people in the hall, nobody said there was a construction in the lobby. Overall, the room was NOT like the one in the photo. When we booked we loved bow windows and light space. When we arrived we had tiny dark room with just a little one frame window with a backyard view. Staff said it was just a bad luck.

PROS: affordable, nice design, okay breakfast treats, awesome location in the heart of NY

• Superior Queen Room

We were not informed on refurbishments taking place when we originally booked had nearly finished . just before we left had a sneaky look and it looks great

Great location will be a lovely hotel when building works complete

• Superior Queen Room

The first floor public areas including the bar and restaurant are currently being refurbished which meant no in house facilities which was restrictive.

The room was very comfortable on a high floor in a quiet part of the hotel as per my request with good bathroom facilities. Staff couldn’t be more pleasant and accommodating.

• Superior Queen Room

Close proximity to Madison Square Park, a lovely park. We walked all over, to Chinatown, to Astor Place and McSorley's, to Washington Square Park, Union Square. We discovered Eataly and LOVED it. I would definitely stay in this part of Manhattan again.

• Superior Queen Room

The check-in staff upon arrival was hardly pleasant when I questioned the $35 hold on my credit card. I was told "if I had been to other hotels, they all do it." I had to inform this young lady that I had been to other hotels and it is not a common practice. She told me it was for "incidentals" in case I use something. I told her wouldn't need to use the phone and there was no stocked "mini fridge" and if that was the rational, why don't they put a hold on a person's card when they walk into Macy's because they might use/buy something? This exchange was probably the reason for brick wall view.

The room was perfect and spotless, the shower had great water pressure. Since I was only there for one night I didn't care much about a view, which was a good thing because the room, 306 faced a brick wall and you could tell if it was day or night. The room at night was noisy as the sound of "bass" permeated the room.

• Deluxe Double Double

Many hotels in Manhattan have small rooms due to space being at a premium on the island however the rooms at The Evelyn are extremely small. So small that they have very little storage space, no draw space, as they can't fit the furniture in and the wardrobe space is approximately 2 foot wide and not long enough to even hang a shirt without the bottom folding, so ladies with dresses would be disappointed. This forces you to live out of your suitcase which is not what I want from a hotel in a major city.

Room was clean

• Superior Queen Room

The main lobby floor was being sanded at 10pm when we arrived. Dust was everywhere in in lobby. And I was worried we would not have a good stay. However everything else in the hotel was great.

The place is lovely and in a great location. We had a lovely comfortable quiet room.

• Deluxe Double Double

Ongoing work in foyer so no restraint or breakfast. Didn’t disturb us at all but would have loved to experience the full refurb

Beautifully refurbished rooms. Very comfy with Art Deco fixtures and fittings, friendly staff. We were on 8th floor facing street and slept fine blackout blinds in rooms. Beautiful toiletries and rooms cleaned daily,

The room was borderline small. I needed to move my luggage every time I wanted to open it. There were no hangers on the wall for jackets / clothes (which could have gone a long way to make it more comfortable).

Greatest position ever. Very friendly and helpful staff. Hotel room was clean and the bed super comfortable. Bathroom and shower were great as well. Complimentary coffee and water at the reception.

The hotel bar was closed for renovation.

We picked this hotel as the rooms had been recently refurbished and the room was immaculate. We upgraded to a suite and the bed was the size of a tennis court!

• Superior Queen Room

Nothing to complain about.

The staff was super friendly and helpful. The interior design is beautiful. The location is perfect. Very comfortable bed and good shower.

There was construction at the lobby, but it was not so loud.

Very good location and very nice staff, the room was great, clean and also pretty big compared to other hotels

• Deluxe Double Double

was not informed that hotel was under construction. no bar/restaurant or room service. phone disconnected and out of use in room. no hair dryer. doormen although friendly, slow to provide service

room small but tidy

• Superior Queen Room

Unfortunetely there were works in the lobby so was not possible to have full breakafast there (in anycase they provided free coffe/tea and snacks/cookies). The room was a bit small (but you are in Manhattan) and there were a tiny wardrobe (not enough space for 1 week).

Cosy room in a really good place to visit Manhattan. Really comfortable bed. There's also a gym in the basement.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Lobby still under construction (May 2018) - this must be the slowest reno ever. Little noticeable change since there in December although the lobby area has been opened up more.

Location is great. Rooms are very clean and housekeeping does a great job. Staff is very friendly.

• Deluxe Queen Room

They are renovating at the minute. They expect to be finished by the end of June 2018. I'd say it will be beautiful when it's finished.

Location is great.

• Superior Queen Room

Currently undergoing some renovations, so the property lacked an on-site restaurant or bar.

The room was well appointed, had air conditioning and was in a great location for sight seeing. The staff were friendly and welcoming.

• Deluxe Double Double

Property still doing renovations, which I was told would be somewhat completed by the time I arrived. They were not. Lobby terrible, I stayed at the Beekman which was only a little more expensive but far more superior. Fittings and Fixtures at The Evelyn were very cheap, and the room was grubby. The beds also sagged a lot, it was like being in a hammock and sinking in the middle. I asked for the sheets to be changed several times during our stay, they were not ever!! For the price you pay here around $400AUD per night you may as well stay at a real 4 or 5 star property and actually get what you paid for. It is a lot smaller than it looks in the photos online.

The reception lady was very helpful when my Credit Card was hacked the day before I had to check in.

• Superior Queen Room

I was surprised to find that renovations were still in progress... this makes the lobby an unwelcoming, busy and uncomfortable place at certain times of day!

I love the friendliness of the staff. The rooms are perfect for New York. They have been recently renovated are clean with enough lights and a beautiful but small bathroom. A downside is the bedside lighting, which bizarrely doesn’t turn on or off unless you are standing up! And the 13 hall lights by the lift on each floor are too clever by half!

• Deluxe Double Double

The hotel was under construction. There was virtually no lobby--just a construction site with a check-in desk. No breakfast room. No business center to print documents. If the city weren't booked to capacity, we would have demanded a refund and left. The rooms are small and poorly appointed. There was one outlet near the beds, which was used by the house phone. No way to charge devices conveniently near the bed. The closet was on top of a safe and a refrigerator, so no way to hang dresses without wrinkling them. No drawers to put things in, so virtually living out of a suitcase on the floor. A YMCA would have been more comfortable. All-in-all, an overpriced, disappointing stay.

Staff was congenial. Location was exactly what we wanted.

• Superior Queen Room

It’s was unfortunate that they were under construction and the lobby was very univiting do to it. But I understand The upgrades have to happen sometime. I would love to see the completed version when I come back!

Yeah bathrooms were Very Clean with Rain shower heads which is very important to me considering my 6’2” height. The bed was extremely comfortable and the upgrades they had done to the Rooms are beautiful

• Superior Queen Room

Renovation in the lobby made the entrance a noisy construction zone, but this is understandable.

Unexpectedly good place to stay in NYC near Madison Square. Lobby was still under construction but the room was really well appointed with high quality wood and leather furniture and lovely, highly functional bathroom. Though the room was tiny, everything fit in its proper place. Friendly and helpful staff. I loved the tea kettle near the front door.

I did really enjoy New York and the Evelyn I would like to have had more space to put my clothes and suitcase. But with only staying two nights it was ok

• Deluxe Double Double

We stayed in this hotel for the last 5 days. Location excellent. It was five minute walk from Empire State Building and 3 minute to Madison Square Gardens. It was also very close to subway lines. The room was spotless and cleaned daily. The staff were so helpful and pleasant. They are currently renovating the lobby area and putting in a bar and restaurant area along with a bakery. There was no noise while these renovations were going on. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay here again.

• Deluxe Double Double

Breakfast and kettle in room although they kindly provided us one.

Area central and safe near to Penn station. Staff friendly and helpful. Beds very comfortable

• Deluxe Queen Room

The room is small but functional.

Location is great. Close to subway station and flatiron building. Many good restaurants choices nearby.The hotel provides free coffee, tea and cookies every morning. Staffs are friendly and helpful. We would like to stay there again next time.

I am an early riser and the coffee on the weekends did not come until 0800.

Good location near two subway line made getting around the city very easy. Good bed for sleeping.

The renovation work in the foyer meant we could not enjoy the downstairs foyer area but once that is done it will be great.

Very much styled to suit the Gershwin period and we loved the bathroom tiles with the Gershwin music. Gorgeous touch

• Executive Suite

I was there during refurbishment, therefore no restaurant. I had a problem with the cleaner as she was not up to the standards of such hotel, I complained and the hotel was very apologetic and made sure things were perfect on my last day.

The room design was fantastic, I was in a suite, a beautiful room. The bed was also very comfortable. The doormen super nice. The way the staff immediately looked into my complaint and resolved it.

• Superior Queen Room

Property was still under construction at the time so it was a little hard to get around when the testing for the fire alarm was on.

A+++ for the super clean room we got. We were very impress by how upscale it looked, from the hallways to our room. The bedroom seems to be a bit larger than most hotels in that area, which was a plus. The staff were very friendly and said hi to us every chance they get.

• Superior Queen Room

They were doing massive renovations so no foyer to speak of therefore no all day pastries and somewhere nice to sit. They really had plain tea such as english breakfast and ran out if milk. Tea/coffee was at front door so in way of people going in or out and cold wind.

Location.very close to Empire State and a rooftop var for night views Smallish but very nice room. They gave me a voucher to make up for no pastries and often no plain tea only flavoured.(see next ques)

unfortunately very little available on site likely due to construction. no restaurant, no bar lobby comforts. Very surprised that coffee was not available until after 8am on Sunday morning. Storage in the lobby was very limited and I did not necessarily appreciate the language barrier with regard to dealing with some staff in getting items in and out of storage... not a very good system. We attempted to check in earlier...good news our room is available, went up to the ninth floor and there were people's personal items in the room... so not only was it not cleaned, the people had not even checked out yet!!

Room was clean.

• Superior Queen Room

good placed hotel with subway station at 5 minuts. new decorated and reformed rooms. we can't see the Hall because it is in redecoration. Best regards to Rowin.

• Superior Queen Room

The rooms were on the small side but definitely not the smallest in Manhattan. They seemed to be located next to some kind of work zone because there were loud trucks sometimes in the middle of the night but that’s NY for you.

Very friendly staff. Efficient check in and check out. Comfortable rooms overall. The lobby was under construction but you couldn’t hear it from the room.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The lobby was being renovated and there was no indication of that on the site when I booked. It was kind of a bummer to not know that.

Loves this place. I love staying in this part of town when I’m in NYC. The hotel staff was very friendly, rooms are lovely and they were very accommodating.

Very very small rooms, very noisy we were jet lagged and we couldn’t take a nap you can hear everyone walking outside the room and the housekeeper kept slamming the door

Location, cleaaaaan

• Deluxe Queen Room

The property was under refurbishment so there were no public areas such as bar, restaurant etc this was not made clear at the booking stage. There were also no tea or coffee facilities in the room so you had to wait until 8am and then go down to lobby to get a cup not ideal when i was awake at 5am due to jet lag and just wanted a cup of tea in my room without having to get dressed and wander the streets looking for a cafe. Also on the day of my arrival there was a planned parade taking place on Madison avenue which seriously impacted my journey, and arrival at the hotel - it would have been nice if the hotel had emailed guests and let them know about this so they could plan accordingly. Finally i arrived at 2.45pm and was told there were no rooms available until the official check in time of 3pm, I had emailed in advance to say i was arriving early. Appreciate check in wasnt until 3pm but I was only 15 minutes early and i dont believe that not a single room in the whole of the hotel were ready and could have been allocated to me.

The beds were very comfortable

• Superior Queen Room

The entire lobby floor was under construction, without explanation or apology! Very dusty and uncomfortable. The rooms were quite small (New York I guess!). But there were no breakfast or room service facilities whatsoever, no where to sit or escape the shoebox room. At one point our water was cut off. We were also in a room right next to the elevator and this combined with thin doors meant a lot of noise from other guests as they entered and exited the lifts. ADVICE: We looked at photos beforehand and saw that the rooms were very tight so planned to bring carry on suitcases for our 5 night stay. This is a must, wide lens cameras make rooms look bigger. They are very small and there is nowhere to open cases, aim for smaller luggage which you can unpack into the cupboard. Small cupboard space was inexplicably taken up by a mini fridge, uneccesary as it didn’t hold any mini-bar items.

The location was excellent. Decor in the room was very on trend and the bathroom was a decent size. Our room was in a nice quiet interior patio. Nearby restaurants are excellent as is proximity for getting around most of NYC walking.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Rooms are very small, we couldn’t sleep well as we hear everyone walking and talking in the corridor, doors were slamming loudly and people chatting loudly which was really bothering.

The location is great, housekeeper Amina is soooo friendly and kind, receptionist as well. Clean clean clean.

• Deluxe Double Double

The coffee service in the mornings was inconsistent. It started late during the weekend, refills were slow and one day it started an hour late. The bathroom was beautiful but lacking any kind of storage for bathroom utilities. They left a space at the back of the little shelf above the sink so everything fell off.

The location! The beds have been the most comfortable ones we’ve ever had at a hotel!! The staff was very friendly.

See above

You should have indicated that the place was a hard hat construction area in the lobby. Dust. Had to carry suitcases 9 flights of stairs. Fire alarm tests.

The construction in the lobby not having an area to sit properly other than the rooms but I am sure it will be lovely when completed.

The rooms were beautifully decorated with plenty space for luggage etc really comfortable bed.

• Superior Queen Room

No breakfast. Constructions going on in the lobby, so there was no bar, or other amenities. Tha lobby was noisy, dusty and ugly due to construction. I expected they should at least give us a better price for having to stay there when the lobby was like a construction site. The price of the room is different each day, there isn’t a standard rate and I don’t have a clue how that is calculated. The price was very different from the one we originally booked the room due to high taxes (that’s not the hotels fault but if you don’t read the small print you are in for a big surprise). No views from the windows (our view was a dingy rooftop) and also the windows open just a tiny bit so the room is poorly ventilated. I feel that once you had a question or request that the staff didn’t like or agree or wasn’t up for it at the moment they got from pleasant to typical in nanoseconds. Not all of them though, just a couple of them.

Cosy rooms, small but comfortable. Big plus the heated floor in the bathroom. Very clean rooms (Christina, our houskeeper was a rockstar!!!) The staff was very helpful and pleasant most of the time. Very good location. Not a bad experience but not as good as expected.

• Superior Queen Room

Very small room. We almost couldn’t fit our bags in the room. Great bathroom. Gentleman at check in wasn’t all that welcoming. Location was ok but definitely wouldn’t stay in that area of New York again. Would rather stay closer to Times Square or Central Park. Not many good places to eat close by. No tea or coffee in the room. Nice sheets and decor but that’s about it that I liked about this place. Not worth what you pay.

lobby under construction no hot water for 3 days wifi not working - needed to login every 5 minutes I paid 1000$ for 4 nights, got a refund of 70$ because the hot water didn't work...

Great location Clean room

• Superior Queen Room

They just happened to be refurbishing the lobby while we were there so the first impression was not the best it could have been but it made no difference to our stay.

Location was excellent, nice vintage decor & friendly, helpful staff.

My disappointments were: Lobby was under construction/renovations. There was no vent to air out the bathroom properly.

The staff were excellent! My room was excellent!

• Deluxe Double Double

Room was small. Construction in lobby. Coffee and tea amenities were a pot of hot water and some bags. No view.

Room was clean. Recently renovated. Good location. Staff was friendly and helpful

• Executive Suite

One complaint: Booking and Evelyn profile did not mention the ongoing large scale lobby construction. I saw one reference to this in a review ... but recent reviews on Booking are intentionally difficult to search. So, there were no facilities available for use outside of the small reception area, room, and fitness. This info was not openly shared when making the reservation. Good news, i was told Lobby construction should wrap up by May 2018.

Wonderful. The hotel is well located, with all we needed being close by. The Staff were friendly, kind and helpful. The atmosphere and room was lovely. Our stay was very pleasant.

• Superior Queen Room

There’s construction in the lobby, there is no restaurant or any other public areas, the gym is very small and not well equipped.

The staff were friendly and helpful, and the location is good if it’s your first visit to the city.

• Deluxe Double Double

Next door had a loud neighbour, felt like he was in our room. There is no coffee and tea facilities in the room so need to go down to the lobby in the morning.

Again there were renovations in the lobby, but it did not interfere with smooth entrance and waiting for the elevator. Personnel is helpful, rooms clean. Coffee and tea in the lobby all day. Fridge in the room is really great. Location is amazing.

• Executive Suite

For a hotel undergoing MAJOR renovations in its reception area, you'd have thought this might have been mentioned on the website or via email (I had correspondence with the hotel before booking on Booking.com) and they lose points for not mentioning that. In my room, 1305, the show head comes out from the wall but not far enough so when you're having a shower you feel like you need to stand very close to the wall to get decent water on you.

I have stayed here the past three times I have been to NYC and the location is fantastic with 2 subway stops, 23rd St and 28th St both just a short walk and close to Madison Square Park, The Flatiron and Empire State Building. The bed and the pillows were super comfortable and I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Lobby was under construction which was not noted when reservation was made; while this didn't cause any problems or real inconveniences it would have been nice to know in advance. Construction also meant that the complimentary beverage center was right next to the front door, causing some confusion and at times blocking the entrance/exit for guests.

Room was comfortable and quiet. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Having an iron and ironing board available in the room was also nice bonus and the free wifi is always appreciated. I hate it when hotels add surcharges for conveniences most travelers expect in hotels of this caliber.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Lobby was under construction - I probably would not have booked for my whole team had I known this but i’m Glad we stayed bc I look forward to returning when it’s glammed up!

Kind and efficient staff for check in and out process Quaint and stylish with all of the modern amenities required for business.

• Deluxe Double Double

The construction in the lobby was a bit of a pain, but the staff did everything in their power to accommodate us as guests

Loved the atmosphere and decor of the rooms

• Deluxe Double Double

The incessant construction in the lobby area. We’ve been staying here for several years and they still are under construction. The little coffee breakfast stand in the lobby is not large enough to accommodate all the guests. I was up early like 7:30 and the muffins were almost gone by then. They need to regulate that so guests don’t come down early and clean out the stand.

Location and value are always great here.

• Superior Queen Room

I didn’t realize the lobby construction wasn’t finished-it was kind of dusty but that was understandable. I would like a coffee maker in the guest room.

Nicely done rooms and friendly staff.

• Deluxe Double Double

NO facilities! We were not made aware that the Evelyn was undergoing major renovations in the reception areas and therefore no lounge/Bar/restaurant or seating in reception - we had no choice but to eat breakfast out daily. Complimentary tea/coffee in reception/construction area was never topped up. Stayed five days in extremely uncomfortable beds. Our bedroom was too small for 3 people and had totally inadequate closet space.

The location IS EXCELLENT and staff tried, under difficult circumstances. The room and bathroom was always cleaned efficiently.

• Superior Queen Room

The bedroom is quite small, super simple breakfast and during my stay there was a construction happening at the hotel. Nothing that would prevent a next stay there, but good to mention.

Nice option for a short stay. Close to nice locations, staff super educated and friendly. Hardly hear external noises. They can receive and store packages without extra costs.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Entrance area doesn’t look very nice. Our flight got cancelled and we stayed another night and had to pay more than 100 USD more for the night. It seemed they were taking advantage of us being stuck. Another thing breaking my European heart: The use of plastic cups and styropor: At least ask guests to use their cups more than once and then recycle appropriately in the designated bins. It was quite painful to see the quantity of plastic cups (sealed individually in plastic foil). The maids would turn on the light in the room so you would come home to a fully lit room. Not necessary, especially if you’ve been out all day. But all in all: Great place!!

Great location, nice staff and complimentary hot drinks and pastry. The rooms were decirated nicely.

• Superior Queen Room

The property was a building site, no warning of this. No facilities available, unable to use the stairs, a complete fire and health hazard. The electricity was gone on our arrival. Extremely noisy and dusty. We had no amenities, no where to meet the group we were spending our time with.

The room was clean, and nicely refurbished

I booked a delux King sized room for me and my partner, we were given a small room which had one set of towels and one bath robe, I assume for one person, the photo was of a lovely large room with a bay window (which I stayed in previously) not what we had, also wifi dropped out all the time so we had to keep reentering he code. Lots of building work going on, the lift was taking a VERY long time one day and I went down the stairs ended up in the middle of the building site...

Great location, quiet, comfortable, clean and friendly

• Deluxe Queen Room

They are remodelling the reception to make a bar and restaurant, should be finished soon. So nowhere to sit, but will be amazing when finished

Great Hotel, Been staying here for 5 years for Business and Pleasure. Rooms are nicely decorated. Staff always super helpful, great location, just above Flat iron building and below 34th . Near Korean Town, Great area. Right in the middle for uptown and downtown

• Superior Queen Room

The room is too small. We took 3 luggage bags there, feeling no space to walk in the room.

The location is great, very close to Empire State Building. And hotel staff are very welcoming and friendly.

• Superior Queen Room

The bed was extremely comfortable. I upgraded to a suite for very little cost and got a huge room and sitting room. We had a lovely stay and slept very well! Also, the location is perfect!

• Deluxe Double Double

It was the first time we staid at the Evelyn. Normally we stay at Hotel Chandler but this hotel closed. The Evelyn is from the same group and in the same neighborhood so we booked this hotel. On arriving we noticed that construction was going on at the hotel. I do not like that the hotel AND Booking.com did not inform us about this. Dust from the construction was all over. In the elevator even all the way up to the 3th floor where our room was located. The bathroom way to small. It was not possible to sit normal on the toilet because the shower door. 3 light bulb broken in the chandelier and a hole in the curtains. All small things but also things that are easy to be fixed and noticeable by the cleaning staff.

The location. I like the neighborhood where the Evelyn is located so for me this is the reason I booked the hotel. The staff was very helpful.

• Superior Queen Room

I was disappointed regarding the level of building work going on and felt the booking site did not reflect this adequately . Not enough clothes storage.

• Superior Queen Room

We arrived at 3.30 for check in after a long flight and the room wasn’t ready, we had to wait 20 minutes whilst they finished cleaning it... this wasn’t great after a long flight and the room was supposed to be ready for 3pm. There were very noisy people either side of our room, we had to complain one night as there was a party. There is renovation works in the hotel which didn’t disturb us in the room at all, but very noisy and disruptive first thing in the morning when waking through lobby. Pastries and coffee were promised in reception in the mornings but they were barely ever there on time.

Perfect location for exploring Manhattan, some great bars and restaurants nearby. Lovely room. Very clean and nice style!

Browse The Evelyn traveller photo gallery