Reviews of Quality Inn & Suites - Gettysburg 3 stars

871 York Road , Gettysburg, PA 17325, USA

#33 of 40 hotels in Gettysburg

Room was dirty. Cobwebs dust behind door. Feces on under rim of toilet. The whole room needed a spring cleaning from the wall, air conditioning unit, refrigerator had mold on racks. Just a filthy room

Pool and hot tub, but both were in dire need of cleaning. Nasty

Customer service was unsat. I booked my room through booked.com and paid for it online. I called in to confirm my reservation and they showed said that I had 2 rooms??? I told them I'd only booked one room and had a confirmation email showing this. When I got into the hotel in the evening, they confirmed only one room. Later that day when I was out of town I noticed I got charged twice for the same room. $155 twice! I called in and questioned the charge and was told the manager had to correct it the next day. They also said i had 2 rooms and was a 'no show.' I asked them how or why I could be a no-show for one room and not the other? I was traveling with a young son and never needed two rooms and they knew it! The manager, Sam, was unavailable all day this next day and I was unable to leave a message on his voicemail at his office because his voice mailbox was full! I asked that they have him call me and he never did! So...thus far I have paid $310 for a reg. room FOR ONE NIGHT! POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. TREAD CAREFULLY VETERANS!

Room was comfortable.

The entire facility smelled musty. I bought air freshener for my room due to the smell. There were stains on my comforter and pillows. The shower was filthy. The elevator made terrible noises and sounded like it was going to crash down.

Lock plate on the room door was broken. Half the time, we couldn't get in. No new room was provided and no repair was made. No discount provided as a result. Place was dirty and very worn looking. Hair left in the bathtub drain, corners of the floor dirty. When we entered the hotel they were remodeling the front desk and for 1 day there was an overwhelming smell of toxic glue. Employee constantly left the side entrance door open so that he could smoke outdoors. Door didn't always latch, so anyone could have walked right in.

Breakfast was good.

We were right by the lobby and it was decently noisy at night and we could easily hear people talking outside of our room. And our refrigerator did not work.

We weren't at the hotel too much as we were in town for other reasons. But the staff was very kind and helpful, and the breakfast was amazing!

People smoking on the stairwell. Cigarette butts thrown on stairs. Could smell it in our room. Coffee maker in room dirty. Carpets in hall and stairwell dirty.

Comfortable bed

Bathroom had mold. Security lock on door was broken. Entry door stuck and was hard to open. Chair arm at desk was broken off and laying on the chair’s seat. Carpets had many visible signs of dirt. Pictures on Booking.com did not match the room. Next time we book a room I will post pictures.

Good value. Bed linens were clean & beds were comfortable.

The floor was a little dirty around the edges, but I probably only noticed that because that is where my cats spent a lot of their time.

Bed was comfy. Refrigerator was roomy. Microwave was easy to use. They allowed my 3 cats to room with me and provided a cart to help to move my needed equipment into the room. It was quiet.

When we first arrived and went to our room, there was literally debris and paint everywhere snd when we told them at the front desk, they changed our room but didn't seem to care or believe what we were telling them.

Property is old and currently the lobby is under construction. Elevator was tiny and took forever and there are only two floors. Funky smell in the hallway. Room was ok though .The pool water was cloudy and greenish looking. The tv was snowy. It was awful. Our family had two rooms and it was like that in both rooms.

Location was good. Breakfast was ok.

Under pretty serious renovations. We had two rooms one was fine and appeared to have been updated. Other was pretty worn out and smelled of cigarette smoke. We asked to switch rooms and they nicely said no, there were no other rooms available. They did, thankfully, switch rooms the next evening.

Good location just outside the center of town.

Room needs a full repaint

It was comfortable for the price. Decent place to stay. Will be much nicer when they are done renovating which is in process

Both rooms had issues that needed repairs. First room had a very loud squealing bathroom fan. We asked to be relocated. Second room had a toilet that you had to take the tank lid off and jiggle the valve to get it to refill. Carpets were badly stained.

There were stains on the rug, lamp shade was torn, and starting 5:00 in the morn I could here the rooms on either side of us using the bathrooms and showered. Also above us, the floor above us made noises every time the people were walking.

The bed was comfortable,

We could hear everything in the hall and the TV next door. Pressure fluctuated in the shower a lot, and the beds were just OK. There wasn't a channel guide for the TV. Breakfast was mediocre but had lots of options.

No fluff, just basics. Had everything we needed. Breakfast included is nice. The whole place could use some updates. I did see they were renovating the front desk.

There was an odor that we couldn’t identify not horrible but not pleasant. Came in for our second night stay to find that bed was the only thing done. There was a dirty wash cloth left on the sink, bath towel left covering the toilet, room not vacuumed (this was noticed when we came on first day). Bathroom still had soap wrapper on the ledge.

Bed was very comfortable, staff was incredibly helpful and friendly! I thought the price was reasonable. I woyld recommend my family to stay there, that is the highest recommendation I can give!

Property was under construction and we had ants in our first room. The staff kindly moved us to a different room which also had some ants. This made my wife and daughter a little bugged out.

Convenient location to historic sites, highway and shopping. Breakfast was very good. Staff is super friendly.

Reservations for 2 Nights and stayed only 1 due to work schedule,yet management charged me for both Nights regardless!! Therefore I chose to cancel my 4 Night reservation this upcoming week with the Quality Inn in Gettysburg! This is VERY POOR BUSINESS PRACTICE! Management refused to credit 2nd night!! NOT GOOD BUSINESS!! I WILL NEVER STAY AGAIN!! They chose to charge me an extra $59 for a night I did not stay... now they lose $190 due to me cancelling future reservation!! In town every week for business but due to poor policy at this hotel will never have the opportunity for my business again! They lost out on a lot more $$$ than they could of made by charging me for a night I NEVER stayed!! POOR BUSINESS!! SAD!!

The hot water does not last long enough to take a descent shower.

The location was great and the beds were very comfortable. Everyone we spoke with from the front desk to the maids were very friendly and helpful.

There was no hot water to take a shower in the morning and when we called all they said was, " yeah, we have gotten a lot of complaints". I could not find a staff member in the morning. They said to call, but no one answered the call. There was a dog in the next room that barked every time it heard a noise. This is not a place to stay if you want to enjoy Gettyburg.

Location wasn't bad.

It would have been nice to have the travel books for Gettysburg instead of other towns.

Friendly staff, was under construction but still overall good busit

There wasn't much that I didn't like about the property even while it was under construction it was still inviting.

I had booked the room under booking.comway earlier that day I had a confirmation number and when I arrive to the hotel at 11 p.m. The girl didn't have my reservation but she still honored the rate that I had booked it at and she was very pleasant.

room could have been cleaner, the clock radio had so much gunk on the buttons that you couldn't set it. The tissues were set in the room to look full but in reality only had one. The tv remote was so old that it barely worked

the price was good

Got locked out of my room twice, once because the lock latched itself and the other because the key did not work. Person at front desk was rude and over charged me.and the hot tub was drained and the pool looked like dirty bath water.

Bed was super comfortable

First room had small ants in the bathroom, the friendly staff quickly moved us to a room across the hall. We needed to check out early do to an impending snowstorm and the manager agreed to cancel our second night, but I didn’t check the bill until we left and then noticed we were charged three early departure fees. As of this writing, the credit has been processed for two of the three departure fees but not the third as promised and my credit card shows the entire bill was charged twice, though both are pending, way too much work for a one night stay.

Location and staff was friendly

They are in process of remodeling and place was actually covered that everything stayed in that area,so you weren't part of the remodeling area.I'm coming back as much as possible great location close to everything.no noise to be heard..relaxing conditions everything we needed,and we're told if we needed ANYTHING let them know.

The small refrigerator worked but the door was crooked. The key to our room stopped working like 3 or 4 times, one time was our fault but the other times it just stopped working. That was kind of a pain in the butt. The door that leads outside from our room (101) did not lock, is it suppose to be locked at all times for security?

Everything else was really good.

Cream for the coffee in the lobby-- there were out for two days.

Frist time I used this facility. Better than I expected. The staff very helpful and the rates were a big surprise. I will stay there again and have no problem recommending this location.

?? It was a good experience over all with my stay . If needed agin would be the first place I'll check for a room.

The location was great, and the breakfast too !

The first room we were given had human and animal hairs in the bed. They gave us a different room that had flies flying around the window (our trip was in February) and multiple stink bugs in the room. The pool had a nasty gray residue lining the tiles above the water! The pool area didn’t have any tables and only 2 chairs so we had to put our belongings on the ground. In the morning all the yogurts were expired by at least 10 days! When we requested unexpired yogurt the lady working said they didn’t have any. She left all the expired yogurt in the fridge instead of immediately throwing them out! I would not recommend this hotel!

A little extra attention to the cleanliness of the rooms, like cob webs. The room could have been colder, way to warm for me.

Friendly staff. Nice big room. Water gets really hot.

Mold on pillows, pills on floor, mold on walls, bugs in room, no remote, rude staff!!!! I have pics of all of this including manager smoking right at front door

Nothing!!! It was horrible!!! Staff was rude as hell!!

I was not close enough to see the location and sites we wanted to walk to.

Clean and pleasant accommodation but not visible close enough to the sites that we could walk to.

The pillows smelled old. Fortunately we always travel with our own pillows. The vents in the room need a good cleaning. Everything was clean.

Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Our remote for the TV was not working and it was replaced right away with an apology from the staff. The pool and hot tub were very relaxing. The location is great.

Bathroom shower was disgusting. Moldy and scummy water valve. Shower curtain bottom pink was not changed in awhile. Shower head dirty. Reported to staff and was completely ignored from that point on. Never even offered to switch room for us. Dept of Health would have a field day at this facility. Breakfast fruit was old. Afraid to try any food. All surrounding hotels were packed. Not this one.

Location was ok

The lighting in the bathroom was terrible. The carpet in the hallway was frayed. The carpet in our room was stained. There was evidence of mold in the corners of the bathroom.However you could tell they had worked to clear it up. The room had a slight musty smell to it.

The pillows were extra fluffy. The staff was very nice. The overall look of the property was nice. They had outside seating for smokers and the fountain outside was beautiful. Its slightly outside of historic downtown Gettysburg so its quiet and peaceful. The Perkins next door makes it convenient for breakfast if you don't want the hotel breakfast.

Clean quiet rooms and friendly helpful staff. Standered full breakfast, hot coffee offered all day in the lobby. Indoor Saltwater Pool and hot tub were clean and nice.

I have nothing negative to say about about Quality Inn only accolades. In the future, I look forward to spending my vacation with them.

The staff were very courteous, professional, and customer friendly. They were very eager to answer my questions and provide assistance when needed.

Dissapointed in the breakfast the eggs were watery .sausage was cold the oj.tasted old not a enjoyable breakfast .we left hungry!!!we we were also told 3 different times when the pool opened for our kids .6 ...8 ...and then 9.....so our children were dissapointed every time we went to the pool .it was different answer every time .the rooms need a makeover .the pool had way to many chemicals in it we were itching when we got out .the hair dryer in the room didn't work .just a overall not so good experience

The beds are comfy ..it was quiet.

for the price, which i suspect has to do with Gettysburg being a tourist destination was very disappointing. facility is in major need of some updates, remodeling. the front lobby has a musty mildewy smell. the mildew mold smell was so bad in our room 203 that we asked to be moved 213 which was better. suspect there was a leak at some point or filters aren't changed in hvac units, as when AC was on the smell was worse and unbearable. with 3 people having allergies did not make for pleasant stay. given reviews in place, thought this would be great but really wasn't staff was friendly and front desk lady very accomodating in changing the room, but quite frankly room that smells that badly shouldn't be rented until whatever causing the smell is fixed. chain hotels owned by owners who probably don't want to spend money to make it what it should be def do not recommend, won't go so far as to call it a dump, but not a good experience

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Pool area was not clean, dead insects accumulated in side entryway, stained towels, tub mat cracked and stained. All bed linens did not appear to be changed, makeup still on pillowcase.

Bed was comfortable

First of all, the smell in this hotel was gross. It smelled wet and musty throughout the hotel. The room appeared nice when we first walked in, but quickly noticed the stains all over the carpet and the bathroom was filthy. Please see the attached pictures of the bathroom with mold, mildew, dust and God knows what splattered on the bathroom wall. The air conditioner would not remain at the speed or temperature that we set it at throughout the night. It would continually stop and restart keeping us up all night long. Worst of all, woke up with several tiny bug bites all over my legs and I only slept under the duvet cover because the condition of the room had me skeeved out. Horrible experience. Will never stay at another Quality Inn again.

They allowed us to check in a couple hours early in anticipation of the rush of people coming in for graduation. However, this meant that they lacked in sufficiently cleaning the rooms.

Our room was not cleaned on the first day, when we returned to the hotel, the house keeping staff quickly resolved the situation. The hotel is a little older and could use some updating, but we would book again.

The hotel was nice, the price was right, the house keeper was a little off, but it was resolved quickly. Good location from downtown, easy to get to many places with ease. The do have a breakfast in the morning, nothing fancy, but it works. The did have coffee 24 hours, which is always a good thing.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Carpet could have been a little cleaner ,but i spoke with staff and they explained what happened..

The staff was very friendly , Breakfast was great , We have no complaints with this hotel would stay there again if i was traveling in the area..

Pool could have been warmer.

Breakfast was good. Staff excellent. We went to check into Super 8 and were treated very rudely not even 2 minutes into checking in. We told them to forget it and drove over to Quality Inn. Greeted with a smile and staff very upbeat.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

The hot breakfast was a little cold. Bed was just ok.

front desk was very nice. We had someone below us who had 2 barking dogs. 1 very large and 1 little barker. She moved us immediately when we brought to her attention. Room was fine. Pool and hot tub were great. Nice area

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Yes the room was cleaned no fresh towels asked for a late check out was told 130 was ok would not be charged but they called and kicked on door at 1100 and all but said get out the maid only works til 1200. Was also told that our room was not cleaned because our do not disturb was on door it WAS NOT we left around 1000 for breakfast. The pool and hot tub looked like it was never cleaned stuff floating in top.

NOTHING

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Nothing I can think of.😀

Front desk clerk Mellissa nice and helpful. Indoor pool and jacuzzi a pleasant plus. Accommodated my wife's special needs well.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

There was no soap in the room only one squirt of shampoo in tiny bottle for two peopled. nothing was replenished for second night and i had to go ask at the desk for more which i should not have to do and again the front desk attendant only wanted to give me one and cleaners need to be shown how to clean a toilet properly top to bottom and in and out, and there was a light out in the bathroom both nights the cleaning service should of had it fixed for the second night.

Breakfast bar was good,and location of hotel.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

No one came to clean and change the towels and sheets during our stay. It was a short stay so I wasn't that concerned, but I still wondered when that was going to happen.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

The staff seemed like they didn't want to be there and continued their personal conversation while checking me in. The entire hotel, including my room smelled like a musty basement. Upon entrance of my room (204),I found the heat was on and set at 80 degrees (it was a balmy 95 degrees outside!). After flipping it to "cool", the unit rattled so loudly it was difficult to sleep. Also, my shower had hunks of soap residue left on the shelf so I don't think it was cleaned very well, if at all, after the previous guest.

It was 2 minutes away from where the venue I needed to be at.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Room could have used a remodel. Bathroom was in need of new silicone sealant around tub and shower area. It looked brown and dirty.

Good location and staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

The caulking around the tube was needing replaced.Everytime I showered the floor was flooded.

The room was cleaned very well on a daily basis. Breakfest was good

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

Not as close to town as could have been. Would have been nice to have the ice machine next to the coffee/iced tea cart in lobby. No hot chocolate available. Sausage patties were overdone and dried out.

Small enough building to not have to walk far to the car. Good breakfast choices. Nice option to have iced tea on the hostess cart in the lobby along with the coffee and it was very good iced tea. Easy to get online with my laptop. Kids loved the pool and hot tub. Loved the waffles.

• Reviewed: 15 July 2016

Room not cleaned well. Empty box of Skittles visible on floor when we arrived. Popcorn kernels under bed. Elevator not working properly.

Bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

BEDBUGS!!! Housekeeper was like, "yup, that's bedbugs". It was a little difficult getting the charge off. Please, check your rooms before you hit the bed, or chairs...went to another down the road.

Front desk was friendly until....

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

Place was dirty. Mold the black one in bathroom and furniture stained and dirty. I would never stay here again. I will have to say the young lady at desk was awesome though it

Bed was very good Staff was very good

• King room - Accessible - Non-Smoking

Cracked pool

The breakfast and friendly atmosphere

The hot tub wasn't in session when we went

Bed is super comfy

• King room - Accessible - Non-Smoking

The TV didn't work properly on arrival, and the fridge did not work also

Friendly staff that were very helpful

Perkin's across the street, Steakhouse and Ruby Tuesday's within a short drive.

room was not clean

Plumbing- toilets, warm hot tub

Showers, breakfast, staff, beds

Breakfast, location and small bed

Room was rather drab.

The indoor pool and hot tub were great.

Was not treated like an elite member

Nothing!!

Great location and price!!

Fitness room equipment in poor shape except the weights, of course.

Close to town center, free breakfast and pet friendly.

Excellent room rate because lobby undergoing renovation.

Breakfast was very good

bugs were everywhere

beds were very soft, always friendly to our dog, close to everything

I needed an extra night and the person working the reception desk could not sign me up for another night, she said I had to do it myself

Construction