2. USA hotel reviews
  3. Illinois hotel reviews
  4. Glenview hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Motel 6 Chicago North - Glenview

Reviews of Motel 6 Chicago North - Glenview This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

1535 Milwaukee Avenue, Glenview, IL 60025, United States of America

#7 of 7 hotels in Glenview

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: December 7, 2018

The motel 6 was a nice low cost room in a good area.
    • Queen Room

Sometimes some people smoked by the entrance. the police were called to the motel several times during my stay.

Handicapped room was nice. Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: November 29, 2018

It was affordable and clean felt comfortable
    • Queen Room

Tv in Room 236 was May new and you could get a channel menu and had to keep flickering and it’s just a black screen lag to each channel And they don’t offer late check outs so inconvenient because I had late flight and had to hang in street and it was cold

It was affordable and clean felt comfortable

• Reviewed: November 28, 2018

If price and cleanliness are first priorities
    • Queen Room

Sheets were very rough and left a residue on my hands - strange. I think sheets were washed with too much soap and not rinsed well enough. Walls and ceiling very thin. Can hear other guests easily.

Inexpensive and comfortable for a 1 night stay in a pinch. Easy registrstion, plenty of parking. There was a room service menu which is probably connected to.a nearby restaurant(?). I didnt need to use it.

• Reviewed: November 3, 2018

I LIKED THE PRIVACY AND THE FRONT DESK PERSON WHO WAS OH SO...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

THAT THEY LEFT MY CURTAINS TO MY ROOM OPEN, TO VIEW INSIDE MY ROOM WHEN I WAS NOT THERE. THEY ONLY CKEANED MY ROOM ONCE, WHEN I WAS THERE.

I LIKED THE PRIVACY AND THE FRONT DESK PERSON WHO WAS OH SO NICE WHEN I ARRIVED

• Reviewed: November 1, 2018

Friendly staff, very affordable.
    • Double Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Was asked if I wanted house keeping, I replied yes, & It wasn't done. Not a huge deal, but future guest might take issue.

Friendly staff, very affordable.

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.
    • Queen Room

Unfortunately the room smelled smoky and it was hard to get to sleep. We knew the hotel was full and we would not be able to get another room. I really wish smokers would not smoke in buildings.

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: October 28, 2018

I enjoyed my stay would recommend and will return.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I requested a microwave and wish I had known prior to check in this was not available. Despite the advert saying it was a resquested item. No tea making facilities in the room.

• Reviewed: September 30, 2018

Nothing at all this is one of the worst places I’ve ever...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything was awful! I do not recommend this place for any staff! My husband and I stayed one night and unfortunately we didn’t get any sleep due to the horrible smell and very uncomfortable bed!

Nothing at all this is one of the worst places I’ve ever stayed at in my entire life. There was soap scum and mold in the restrooms the bed skirts were staying it had a nasty smell and the beds were as hard as rocks I do not recommend staying at this place!

• Reviewed: September 27, 2018

i would stay there again for sure
    • Queen Room

There was no elevator and lots of stairs to get to 2nd floor. And no breakfast only coffee

It was located close to shopping food and where we needed to be. Nice location.

• Reviewed: September 14, 2018

I had a funeral to go to and needed a place close by. It was just ok.
    • Queen Room

Scratchy sheets. Paper thin walls-next door neighbor had tv on loud and I couldn’t sleep. Had to wear earplugs. No shampoo. Fan and light should be separate in bathroom/loud fan

Ease of checking in and room was clean and neat

• Reviewed: September 11, 2018

Pay more and stay somewhere else.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room smelled of marijuana. There was hair on the sheets as though they may have been washed, but the housekeeper's hair had fallen out on them. The smoke detector had been wrapped in wet toilet paper and allowed to dry like paper mache rendering it in-operable. We stayed on the second floor and the side exit that should require a key card for entry was broken so that anyone could get in. I did not feel safe.

All of the office staff I encountered upon check in and check out were nice and friendly. The location was perfect as I had traveled from Wisconsin for a concert in Chicago. This location allowed me to avoid heavy traffic, making my ease of getting there and back incredibly beneficial.

• Reviewed: April 17, 2018

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything I absolutely hated this hotel. It had to have been the worse hotel I’ve ever stayed at. The entire hotel reeked of smoke. The hallways were filthy and it stunk. My room stunk so bad I had to open the windows to air it out. The window curtains were torn and barely hanging on. The bed sheets had pilling on them so when I laid down it was it was extremely scratchy. I ended up sleeping on top of the flat sheet and used the comforter to cover up. I will never stay in this property or any other Motel 6. Absolutely horrible hotel. It looked and felt extremely cheep. I guess you get what you paid for. Next time I’ll fork out a little more.

• Reviewed: April 15, 2018

Worse hotel ever
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rude employees and the way they banned you and wont tell you why. Leaving a room alittle messy is not a reason to banned people. I understand if the room was destroyed and there furniture was broke. Or something along that line. But mesdy beds and garbage on tables is not a reason. Like i said rude employees.

Not much

• Reviewed: February 22, 2018

Excellent check in staff
    • Queen Room

There was a smell that would indicate the hotel smoking guests at some point. The heater in my first room didn’t work. There were only stairs to get to the second floor.

The gentleman who checked me into the hotel. He was observant of the needs and willing to assist.

• Reviewed: February 10, 2018

Awful never again.
    • Queen Room

Staff was rude. BED was hard as a rock and the sheets felt like sand paper I checked out a day early due to these things and was refused a refund for the next nights fee.

• Reviewed: January 7, 2018

Adequate for temporary motel stay
    • Queen Room

Shower was cold. No available free amenities like shampoo or hair conditioner or hair dryer or iron for short stay, Basically a sleeping room with a tv. No fridge or microwave wave for daily stays.

I like room layout, hotel has Great security measures unlike other hotels, good locks and latches on the doors for safety, clean rooms crash linen, climate controlled rooms with central air and heat sufficient.

• Reviewed: November 9, 2017

Ok for the price.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No towels to speak of in room. Ironic, as the staff were folding all of them at the front desk upon check in. Beds not all that comfortable, but you get what you pay for.

Friendly desk clerk.

• Reviewed: October 31, 2017

Quiet, clean, and comfortable. Friendly staff!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No FREE Wi-Fi, there's a 24 hour fee of $2.95. TV was available but no cable box, I suggest you bring your own device and hook it up via HDMI or VGA. No microwave or refrigerator to store food over night. The hall had the slightest smell of cigarette but the air in the rooms were unaffected.

Located in a very nice neighborhood, and the best looking Motel 6 I have seen so far. Good if you plan to be out all day and only need a place to sleep. Overall will stay again since I am the type who just needs a bed and a CLEAN motel. Definitely worth the low price and staff was very helpful.

• Reviewed: October 3, 2017

definitely a cheap mess
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Noisy...dirty...No ammenities...wifi $3.00 a day...no breakfast...No shampoo...No tissues...limited towels....limited room cleaning services every other day...No refrigerator...No microwave

• Reviewed: July 21, 2017

Clean but loud
    • Queen Room

Other guests were very loud. It seems that people get rooms at this hotel to party. Boomboxes blasting in the hallways, people carrying on loudly in the parking lot at 2 AM, etc...

The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: July 19, 2017

Very relaxing and very friendly people I liked my stay very much
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It would be nice if they had a refrigerator an a microwave

The staff it was very friendly they treated me really nice and the managers are on top of their jobs so everything is running very well

• Reviewed: June 28, 2017

A great stay
    • Queen Room

WiFi was not free for costumers.

The room was nice and clean. But paid $77 for one night x 5, but had to pay for WiFi too? So didn't bother to pay for WiFi.

• Reviewed: June 18, 2017

Good location for Chicago day trips.
    • Queen Room

Pulling into the lot, there were a couple groups of people just hanging out. There was also a man hanging half out his window smoking. When we arrived it took about 10-15 mins before we saw anyone to check us in. He was taking calls as he was checking us in so we were not told rm # or how to get there. Being on 2nd floor we were looking for the elevator. SURPRISE! There is NO elevator! Climbing the stairs we were hit with what I can only describe as the scent of dog urine. Upon entering our room it smelled like one would imagine Cheech & Chongs living room to smell. I later went back down to office to ask for an extra pillow and was told they didn't have any. All in all it was a huge waste of my $80. Sorry Motel6, you can turn the light off. We won't be coming back.

Good location for Chicago day trips. Room was clean for the most part.

• Reviewed: June 12, 2017

Great stay

No fridge..and if you forgot your toothpaste be prepared to pay for it out a vending machine instead of compliments of the hotel

Guy at check in was great, Clean rooms

• Reviewed: May 8, 2017

Not again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We got no room service at all. The room was too small for two beds. Nothing but soap in the bathroom. We didn't even get wash clothes the last two days.

The only reason we booked was for the price.

• Reviewed: May 3, 2017

Great Hotel If You Like Pubic Hairs On Your Bed
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pubic hairs on the bed, stained bedspread, sticky nightstand, smoke residue in non-smoking room only partially masked with overly heavy deodorizer. The front desk person could do nothing because everything was arranged through booking.com. He told us we would have to return to the website to try arranging two more nights. After seeing what awaited us in the room, we were glad booking.com had somehow messed up our three-night reservation, slotting us for just one night. My wife was able to get a couple clean sheets from a staff person she happened to see in the hall and changed the sheets herself. We were thankfully one and done.

Nothing stood out.

• Reviewed: January 10, 2017

They don't have no coffee machines on the room no...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

When I reserve the rooms I asked for smoking ,when I get there they give me nonsmoking.

They don't have no coffee machines on the room no blowdryers no soap no shampoo no conditioner !!!

• Reviewed: December 26, 2016

That it had a washing machine and a dryer and vending...
    • Queen Room

That the rooms don't have fridges and the tv is very slow to change and very few channel options.

That it had a washing machine and a dryer and vending machines.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

The power went out and it was cold but had everyone woken up...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The power went out and it was cold but had everyone woken up cause of the cold weather but still want ppl out at 11am

• Reviewed: October 19, 2018

the bed was OK but it wasn't that comfortable

the bed was really low

the bed was OK but it wasn't that comfortable

• Reviewed: October 12, 2018

My review
    • Queen Room

Could have been more clean The Queen size bed was a full size bed

I did like everything else

• Reviewed: September 27, 2018

Value for money. Eatery outlets are within walking distance. But lack of basic amenities in room.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

1.No breakfast availability in the motel. 2.No kettle to heat up hot water in room.

Value for the money. Close to nearby eateries.

• Reviewed: September 10, 2018

Clean but not too quiet.
    • Double Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

I had a room by the entrance door people were loud n running in n out all night and early parts of the morning.

Room was very clean, staff was nice.

• Reviewed: July 30, 2018

Worst stay ever. Smelled fun need to wipe walls when cleaning the rms. Bath tub broken it jus sucks

😞😞😞

Nothing.never again

• Reviewed: July 25, 2018

Great for a weekend getaway!

No breakfast.

Clean room, staff friendly and had answers to our ‘where to eat?’ Question

• Reviewed: July 23, 2018

Very nice staff, clean and comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very nice staff, clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

Sink was not flushed, The wall does not have sound proof at...
    • Queen Room

Sink was not flushed, The wall does not have sound proof at all

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

No microwave, T.v didn't work.

• Reviewed: June 28, 2018

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

It was clean

It was clean

• Reviewed: May 20, 2018

Stay away and keep yourself and family safe.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything the rooms were not clean, and the furniture was broken.

• Reviewed: May 19, 2018

• Reviewed: April 27, 2018

Clean and good service

Clean and good service

• Reviewed: April 19, 2018

Safe place to stay, nice sized rooms, friendly staff, easy check in and check out

Nothing!:)

Easy check in, friendly staff, clean room, comfy bed. Thank you!

• Reviewed: April 17, 2018

Nice experience

No microwave

Friendly front desk staff

• Reviewed: April 6, 2018

very nice, quiet and peaceful stay
    • Queen Room

affordable and very simple, quick and easy reservation process for a quality time getaway with family and/or friends. thanks booking.com

• Reviewed: March 30, 2018

Cleaning service too early

Very comfortable beds

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

Fair. You get what you pay for.
    • Queen Room

Room smelled of cigarette smoke. Toilet Bowl was broken.

Room was decent.

Front desk staff excellent

• Reviewed: February 9, 2018

exc
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Facilities were clean but the rooms were a little old, cracks in furniture​, walls... Time for an redecoration.

Location to my job and price for room.

• Reviewed: January 27, 2018

It's a very old and not clean at all

It's a very old and not clean at all

• Reviewed: January 25, 2018

I recommend this facility of motel 6 to anyone’
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The front desk are friendly and pets are welcome

• Reviewed: November 16, 2017

It was an ok stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Non smoking smelt like cigarettes heavily

Easy check in

• Reviewed: October 17, 2017

Friendly, safe and cool place for a quick stay.
    • Queen Room

Private room, very clean and quiet . Nice attention to detail from staff and housekeeping. Great and easy stay.

• Reviewed: October 17, 2017

I was in town for a convention, i have stayed at other Motel 6, the room i stayed in was
    • Queen Room

Tge price nor the room was adequate.

I am sorry but i was not happy with anything.

Ok
    • Double Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Total indifference of receptionist staff. Eye contact would be nice

Location works for us. Comfortable and clean

• Reviewed: October 16, 2017

Room had pretty bad ac. The bed moves all over the room

Room and bed

Check in and was quick and easy

• Reviewed: October 11, 2017

Good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

shower water pressure was bad no refrigaratorin room

• Reviewed: September 25, 2017

Generally was good
    • Double Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

The services in the main lobby was a very bad experience

The front desk man was very very unprofessional

• Reviewed: September 14, 2017

A mess
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was filthy. Hair everywhere water in sonknin tub and hair. Beds had hair all over.

• Reviewed: September 13, 2017

Thanks

Ok

Everything is ok

• Reviewed: September 11, 2017

NOT BAD IT WAS OKAY.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

NO WIFI, THERE IS NO NEED TO CHARGE YOUR CUSTOMERS FOR WIFI.

• Reviewed: September 10, 2017

Terrible stay

Dangerous stay.

• Reviewed: September 3, 2017

Miserable

• Reviewed: August 21, 2017

It was confortable all nights.

It was clean everyday among 3 nights

• Reviewed: August 20, 2017

The staff was friendly.

The staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: August 10, 2017

ok for a night at a low price
    • Queen Room

very loud outside the room and outside the hote

price

• Reviewed: August 2, 2017

The staff is great but the facility needs some repairs and care
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Smell of tobacco in the room and the aisles. We had to ask twice for the room to be made.

kind staff willing to help at all times.

• Reviewed: July 28, 2017

Staff is rude and annoying

Staff is rude and annoying

• Reviewed: July 24, 2017

customer service at the front Desk

Found hair in my bed

customer service at the front Desk

• Reviewed: July 17, 2017

Don't pass up a good value in the Northern Suburbs.
    • Queen Room

They provided a clean comfortable room. That's all the promise and that's what they deliver.

We Price Match