2. USA hotel reviews
  3. Nevada hotel reviews
  4. Las Vegas hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino Las Vegas

Reviews of Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino Las Vegas This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

129 East Fremont Street, Las Vegas, NV 89107, United States of America

#92 of 203 hotels in Las Vegas

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: December 11, 2018

Trip to Vegas
    • Carson Tower Premium King

Wish there was another set of elevators. Pretty Smokey. Wish there was an indoor hot tub.

The buffet was delicious. Loved that our floor was quiet and our view! The bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: December 9, 2018

We were in a very noisy room as delivery trucks were below us.
    • Carson Tower Deluxe - Run of House

The resort fee should not be . The pool cannot be used as it is cold . We do not use any equipment So I think the resort fee is a rip off.

The show theatre .

• Reviewed: December 5, 2018

I'll be back!
    • Carson Tower Premium King

I wish the pool had been open later, I didnt get the chance to enjoy it and I really wanted to.

The location is perfect! You walk right outside to Fremont Street!

• Reviewed: December 2, 2018

The beds were really comfortable and clean.
    • Carson Tower Premium with Two Double Beds

The room should have coffee pot. Hate waking up and not being able to make A nice hot cup of coffee.

The beds were really comfortable and clean. Room was very spacious. Television nice in large. I especially liked the completely private bathroom.

• Reviewed: November 30, 2018

Good for Fremont street
    • Carson Tower Deluxe - Run of House

Pool was closed for 2 months (Nov-Dec) . I marked facilities as low as you have to pay for an upgrade just to get a fridge and coffee machine.

Great for Fremont street, large clean room. Staff were all very friendly and professional . Close to Greyhound bus station.

• Reviewed: November 30, 2018

Great bad food except for the nicer restaurants. Hotel food was trash.

Hotel Food

The hotel food was low quality and the staff was your typical underpaid hotel staff. It isn't a negative just a normal thing you see everywhere. I bought a breakfast sandwich for $7 and it was luke warm and made with garbage American cheese. I immediately returned it and the lady was not happy about it and had to get on her microphone because she was scared to goive me my money back in case she got in trouble. Did you understand that last sentence? She was scared to give me my money back for something I was going to throw in the trash and rage about if she didn't. She eventually did the right thing. But let's be real, you are a casino in world famous las vegas, if you have to be like that over a garbage sandwich I was ripped off on then you are destined for failure. You should be bringing in millions daily or else you are doing it wrong! Hire me and I will fix your casino if your daily income is less than 7 figures.

• Reviewed: November 28, 2018

Great location, staff (except housekeeping) provided...
    • Carson Tower Premium with Two Double Beds

The room had a very foul odor. We asked housekeeping to see if something could be done, and she said she didnt speak English. The next day, we overheard her having a full conversation in English! Bummed that there was no refrigerator or coffee maker.

Great location, staff (except housekeeping) provided exceptional service all the time. Great to have Claim Jumper available 24 hours! Beds are comfortable and bathrooms are spacious. Bonus to receive complimentary waters daily!

• Reviewed: November 28, 2018

Week of relaxation

More pet friendly spaces

The room service was fast and came from the Claim Jumper in house. The room was spacious with not a lot of extra stuffs. The spa has incredible facilities and wonderful staff. Bobby the security guard was helpful and friendly. Location to Fremont street was awesome. I loved how accomadating to my pup they were

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

Fun times! Good memories made!
    • Rush Tower Junior Corner Suite

The odors on the casino floor were pretty bad...a mixture of stale smoke and bathroom. However, all the other casinos we were in smelled the same.

Comfy, quiet room. Great location right in the middle of everything downtown!

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

Could have been better
    • Carson Tower Deluxe - Run of House

The restroom had rust around the tub area. Had to change room because the first room had a used water bottle and no remote control. Outdated television. No fridge. No microwave. Walls were so thin, we could hear people arguing next door.

Free water bottles.

• Reviewed: November 25, 2018

just ok
    • Carson Tower Premium with Two Double Beds

bath room could have been alot cleaner and there was no place to set your luggage. And no place to sit in the lobby's to just relax

the beds were ok

• Reviewed: November 24, 2018

Golden Nugget fun
    • Carson Tower Deluxe - Run of House

Used bell hop services for luggage. Wait time to get after chevkin was way too long...over 90 minutes so we missed happy hour!

We complained about bell hop service and got a nice comp for dinner or room service. Pays to speak up!

• Reviewed: November 24, 2018

Location in the heart of the Fremont experience was the best...
    • Carson Tower Premium with Two Double Beds

Beds were too small. Should at least be queen sizes. A small fridge and a kettle in the room would be nice. Onsite self-operated laundry machine would be good.

Location in the heart of the Fremont experience was the best feature.

• Reviewed: November 22, 2018

I would stay there again , no problem
    • Gold Tower Deluxe

Some of the dealers attitude at the craps table could stand a little improvement

The location right on Fremont st is a big plus, and the rib eye and that table bread at CLAIM JUMPER was DELICIOUS

• Reviewed: November 22, 2018

It was extremely relaxing and wonderful, it let us enjoy the Freemont street experience.
    • Carson Tower Deluxe - Run of House

The bell hop was extremely rude when we went to pick up our luggage, it was around 12:00 noon a large tour group arrived at the hotel and had a huge line to check their bags because they were too early for the rooms. We had a plane to catch and were on our way out, he made it almost impossible for me to get my bags and wanted me to wait till he processed all the bags, probably about a 1 hour wait, as we did wait in the beginning and it was painfully slow. Finally the clock ticking I told him we were going to miss our plane, he begrudgingly and very rudely finally went and got our luggage. It was an extremely unpleasant experience, but everything else was so great that its hard to complain.

The access to everything in the area was very convenient. The restaurants were plentiful and had extremely good food and service. It was really great to have such close access to the freemont street.

It was fun!
    • Carson Tower Deluxe - Run of House

We upgraded our room. When using booking.com to book we have got rooms that I call leftovers. Not close to elevators, noisy areas, one time at Embassy suites we got a suite w/ a conference table in the extra room.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2018

The room issue was resolved next day, and was offered resort...
    • Carson Tower Deluxe - Run of House

Initially was given a smoking room, even thought booked non-smoking The check-in and check-out are a bit too slow due to number of guests and lack of clerks

The room issue was resolved next day, and was offered resort fee waiver for this issue. Good job. The hotel and casino is nice, the pool is beautiful, location in the heart of Fremont Street, cheaper than comparable options on Strip

• Reviewed: November 20, 2018

Location and the overall hotel/casino.
    • Carson Tower Premium with Two Double Beds

Sink smelled and could have been a little cleaner but the value was good so I guess that's just part of the deal.

Location and the overall hotel/casino.

• Reviewed: November 19, 2018

Our stay was fine, but expensive since we needed two rooms instead of one!
    • Carson Tower Premium with Two Double Beds

The beds were too small. We needed 2 queen size beds and have never been anywhere where they were only super singles or small doubles.

The beds were comfortable. The food was good.

Average
    • Gold Club

We were very disappointed that the buffet wasn't open for Monday and Tuesday. We couldn't help but notice that the complimentary drinks were few and far between. We sat down at one of the bars to be told the only way to get a complimentary drink was to bet $1 minimum. We promptly walked across the street to Binions and received excellent service at the bar the minute we sat down. Thus, we gambled there much more than at the hotel we were staying at. The furniture in our room was very tired and needing some updating. We have stayed here many many times but this time felt like they were getting cheap with their offerings and it seemed business was tough.

We liked the location. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was nice and big. Loved the 2 sinks.

Vegas at it's best.
    • Carson Tower Deluxe - Run of House

All was great at the golden nugget old Vegas at it's best.

Free valet is very rare for Las Vegas these days so that was a plus. Staff was super nice and the room was comfortable and very clean. Freemont street was outside your door it was clean and fun.

Horrible room
    • Gold Tower Deluxe

The room looked very nice online. In reality it was awful. The bathroom sink kept backing up into the second sink located in the main room area. The tile shower was loaded with mold. There was a leak from the bathroom that was soaking under the bed. The room had a constant smell of cat urine. Felt like because we used Booking.com to reserve this room we received the worst room in the facility. Upgrade was offered for an additional $80 a night. Photo shows the view out of our window.

• Reviewed: November 18, 2018

Not pleasant, nor restful.

See above

This hotel has lost its sparkle. While the public/common areas are being kept nice, the room has not clean, nor restocked with basic essentials. There was still trash on the floor, in full view. There was a card on the night stand that said enjoy your complimentary earplugs, but none were anywhere to be found. The ear plugs would have been needed because of the outside noise level, all the way up on the 11th floor. One single nose tissue was folded in the top opening of the dispenser to make it look like the dispenser was full. It was empty. Because of a special event, we could not check in to our room until 10 pm. We tried to arrive at 3 pm, but were turned away because of all streets blocked off by police, for a parade and marathon race. When I called the hotel the first two staff persons had no clue as to how I was to get through the temporary traffic controls to get to the parking structure. The special event was known by the hotel staff for over one year, but they provided no direction alternative to get to the hotel.

• Reviewed: November 18, 2018

Was amazing and want to come back ASAP.
    • Carson Tower Deluxe - Run of House

Didn’t have any luck gambling.....

The dining options and a Starbucks. Our upgraded room in Spa Tower was amazing! It’s been years since we stayed there and now will be my only choice to stay.

• Reviewed: November 17, 2018

Fun, last minute stay near lots of low-key bars and activities.
    • Gold Tower Deluxe with Two Double Beds

Always looking for a good deal, cheap rate on last minute stays

Tequila bar & restaurant was delicious Beds extremely comfortable Great location Tons of amenities

• Reviewed: November 16, 2018

The location is excellent for Fremont St Experience.
    • Carson Tower Deluxe - Run of House

Smokey atmosphere from the casino pervades the premises and seems rather unusual nowadays.

The staff were very friendly. In particular the room maids were extra helpful.

• Reviewed: November 16, 2018

• Carson Tower Deluxe - Run of House

Was told I would get moved to an non smoking room and it wasn’t done until the last night. Supposedly my room was reserved for me but when I went to pick up keys it was gone

• Reviewed: November 15, 2018

Fun
    • Gold Tower Deluxe

First room I got was on the Fremont Experience Side. Not good if your gonna need your sleep. I know better next time.

Front desk girl was very helpful. I believe her name was Aliah. Thank you Aliah.

• Reviewed: November 15, 2018

Probably nicest place on Fremont St
    • Carson Tower Deluxe - Run of House

I've got a real problem with the common practice of charging " resort fees". Didn't use pool, didn't use business center. Resort fees are a rip off

Free parking....free wifi

• Reviewed: November 14, 2018

The bed was very comfortable and really enjoyed the location...
    • Gold Club

The hours of the exercise room. 9am to 5pm Monday through Friday are not good hours for people who are flying out early or are there for business.

The bed was very comfortable and really enjoyed the location and vip club floor. I will definitely return. 😎

it was just ok
    • Carson Tower Premium with Two Double Beds

After flying four hours plus 3 hours at airport we arrived so happy to be there until we went to our room The room still had not been cleaned the people's room service was all over room as was the table the beds were not made. We called the service desk they said sorry then said they would bring us a room key to a different room after waiting a half hour no one came we were sitting on floor in hallway waiting I finally made the look no walk to the service desk to get a different room wasted an hour and a half of my time I was so disappointed

I've been there 2 other times and love the atmosphere the hotel is beautiful and clean

• Reviewed: November 14, 2018

Location, pool, table dealers, pit bosses, check out on TV,...
    • Carson Tower Premium King

Bartenders at the various casino bars were not particularly friendly. Not enough morning coffee options; too long of lineups. Elevators are sketchy with long lineups and waits.

Location, pool, table dealers, pit bosses, check out on TV, security checking people going into elevators

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

Hot tub & pool were nice.
    • Carson Tower Premium with Two Double Beds

More than 1/2 the elevators were down for the Carson tower causing 10-15 minute waits to even get on elevator a couple of the nights.

Hot tub & pool were nice.

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

Will definitely be back!
    • Carson Tower Deluxe - Run of House

There was nothing I didn't like. Everything was great!

Perfect location. The whole property was nicely decorated; clean and modern. Awesome pools, jacuzzi, water slide, and aquarium. Very comfy bed and pillows. Nice bathroom with great ammenities. The restaurants and bars (what I tried) where excellent! The staff was friendly, efficient, and professional!!!

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

When they ask if you would like to update your room, "Say YES!"
    • Carson Tower Premium with Two Double Beds

Our shower not clean. Chunk of hair in the tub, something sprayed on wall of shower. Did not use it. Waited to get to next hotel to shower. TV had "static" just turned it off. Beds were comfortable.

Front Street Experience fun to watch

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

about what I expected
    • Carson Tower Deluxe - Run of House

everything cost's extra ( fridge ), long walks to the elevator, getting rushed to unload car with long walks with luggage.

location, big hotel, fair prices

• Reviewed: November 11, 2018

It was OK. I was so happy to leave due to the really annoying fan!
    • Carson Tower Deluxe - Run of House

It was a really noisy room with a big industrial fan running 24/7 outside the window. I thought it might be the heater but it was not. There was no way to shut it off. Most annoying. Not near enough outlets or correct furniture for setting up up a computer and phone. I managed, but someone should look into furnishings for people who are there for business.

I loved the room. It was nice and big. The mattress was comfortable and I was warm enough at night when asleep. Shower was good, not awesome, but good and the soaps were quite nice.

• Reviewed: November 11, 2018

Amazing
    • Carson Tower Premium with Two Double Beds

Better pricing for the off days and I would have stayed here every night and not just one or two

Location is awesome Staff amazing except for one bellman The pool is why I chose the golden nugget

• Reviewed: November 10, 2018

What didn't we like?
    • Carson Tower Deluxe - Run of House

What didn't we like? First, the lady at check-in told us that our room wasn't available and continued to say for us to stay in their hotel would cost an extra $800.!!! WTH Was she trying to upgrade us with cost? Yeah, SEMA was just starting. But we had these reservations for six months and it was Halloween on Fremont! So, we called Booking.com. Fortunately, they worked it out with the manager. WTH!!! Second, No refrigerator!!!! Had the king suite on the fourth floor. NO f______ refrigerator!!!!!! REALLY Golden Nugget!?!?!? After the fiasco at the check-in, I just gave up! Lastly, it's in the downtown area. A lot of homeless on the streets. If you have dogs that accompanying you with your travels, than walking them to do their "thing" should be relaxing for both. Not here!!!! NOPE. Let's just say that Las Vegas needs to address their mental health system and the lack of care for these people. They're screaming and yelling at themselves. Two had follow me to the resort on separate occasions. We've been coming to LV twice a year for 10+ years, this is by far the worst experience from any hotel we have experienced. PERIOD!

• Reviewed: November 9, 2018

we will definately come back! I stay in a different place each time, have been 6 times in 2018
    • Carson Tower Deluxe - Run of House

my husband had a hard time walking all the way from our room to the main part of the casino, next time we would probably have to get a room closer to the main part, not your fault. sometimes it took a while to get a drink when we were on the machines and they weren't very strong. we always ordered doubles when we went to the bar.

the staff was friendly and helpful. the food was excellent in the two restaurants we ate in. we took a class on craps in which ,Mat was super helpful.there was an older gentleman who made me an excellent bloody mary at the bar outside the shark pool, it was the only one that was made the way a bloody mary should taste! I like the idea of free parking.

• Reviewed: November 9, 2018

Pricey for Vegas in the early week, will not come back any more. There are many more options.
    • Carson Tower Deluxe - Run of House

The "heated" pool not so much. Was really looking forward to spending a relaxing day in the water with my wife but the water was just plain cold. Don't advertise heated if the water is uncomfortable - also means that the water needs to be a bit warmer in October. Also found out that the gym and spa do not open up until 0900 on weekdays. There were 5 other people that tried to access the spa elevator at 0700 in the morning only to discover that yes there is a gym and NO it is closed in the early morning. So how are all the people going to conferences and morning meetings supposed to get their workouts in? That is just plain cheap and blatant labor cost cutting at the expense of the guest. Bad show!

The Grotto restaurant was excellent, ate there twice. Food and service just perfect.

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

Great Time
    • Carson Tower Premium King

The staff from the parking garage attendants, to the front desk, and other staff walking the floor of the casino/hotel were all so nice and helpful. The room was very nice and the bed was soooo comfortable. I really have nothing bad to say about this hotel, overall I think it's great.

• Reviewed: November 7, 2018

I had a magnificent time.
    • Carson Tower Deluxe - Run of House

There is nothing i didnt like.

I have always stayed at the Golden Nugget, it is always my first choice. I was in town for my sisters wedding and ended up staying another night... Thank you.

• Reviewed: November 7, 2018

It’s great but you guys charge the resort fee that only thing would stop us from coming back resort

Look above .

Everything this is our second time staying here we love it all we want to reserve for February. tThey only thing is you guys charge so much for resort fee that’s a downer

Pool is great.
    • Gold Club

Even with an upgraded room still have to pay to use some of the facilities, day beds by the infinity pool - if you don’t have a gold club room, you have to pay $33 per day resort tax and then still have to pay to use the spa - indoor jacuzzi steam room and sauna!

Pool is great. Location is excellent.

• Reviewed: November 6, 2018

Great bit not the steak house
    • Carson Tower Premium King

See above. In like . We loved the golden nugget..

Steak restaurant could not see menu too dark. Almost fell also. Waiter had a small light but used my phone with light.. someone is going to get hurt..

• Reviewed: November 6, 2018

I would not recommend this hotel if you need to sleep on a Saturday night
    • Carson Tower Deluxe - Run of House

The night before we left there was a concert outside of our hotel and I swear our room was vibrating needless to say we had very little sleep as we had to wake up at 5:00 a.m. to catch our flight

We really enjoyed the pool and shark tank area

• Reviewed: November 6, 2018

Always a fun place to stay!
    • Carson Tower Deluxe - Run of House

Elevator traffic was very heavy and frustrating at times but that’s Vegas!

Rooms are spacious, nicely upgraded and clean. Pool with aquarium is amazing and it is always fun to experience Fremont street.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

We will go back but I won’t pay for an upgrade cause it wasn’t any better than our first stay
    • Carson Tower Premium King

Would like a different view to downtown besides a parking lot. Beds were uncomfortable

Not impressed with our room. For an upgrade in price it was nothing different then what we had before. Except we had to walk a long ways to the elevator. And elevators very slow

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

There was a blasting loud concert until 1 am Saturday night...
    • Carson Tower Deluxe - Run of House

Smoke!!!! Everywhere! Everything about Fremont street. I hate Vegas but had to go to a f

There was a blasting loud concert until 1 am Saturday night and we couldn’t sleep. I’ll never stay in this part of Vegas again.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

Pleasant surprise at how fantastic the facilities were.
    • Carson Tower Deluxe - Run of House

The slow internet and a cost if you wanted faster. It’s 2018 and that should not be needed but I will not let that spoil the experience.

Everything from the minute I arrive. Good value for money, good location, super comfy room, so much more to add. Quite honestly, I always stay in the new south side but will never again. This place was fantastic and so easy to get everywhere.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

Good overall hotel, it could be nicer, it could be worse.
    • Carson Tower Premium with Two Double Beds

The location is not ideal compared to the "strip" hotels, but close to the Fremont "experience" if you like that kind of thing. I stayed there because a friend stays there... he stays there because he is intimidated by the finer hotels in the area.

The 'Nugget is a good hotel, not too fancy but enough to make the stay nice.

It was disappointed
    • Carson Tower Deluxe - Run of House

Yes everything was but I felt discriminated by valet parking staff they made me feel very uncomfortable and felt bad for it I was bullied and treated bad

Room view was amazing

Very clean
    • Carson Tower Deluxe - Run of House

Basically just Starbuck's service was horrible and too long of a wait especially the one located in the back of the hotel where the Uber pick up is located. There didn't seem to be enough outlets especially on the the night stands to be able to charge a cell phone. Overall I would recommend staying here and will stay again in the future.

Very clean

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

The rest i desperately needed was hard to come by
    • Carson Tower Deluxe - Run of House

Only given robes, slippers, water for one. The noise level on a saturday is unbearable. A warning would be nice. When you are given ear plugs, you know you've made a terrible mistake on where to stay. Noise stops around 2am, check out at 11am. Doesnt leave much time for sleeping.

Rooms didnt smell like smoke

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

Locations was good and pool was ok
    • Carson Tower Deluxe - Run of House

They checked us into a room that had other people’s items in it. Then we waited for almost an hour for security to come to take the items. No apologies no credits for anything for the error. Very unprofessional

Locations was good and pool was ok

• Reviewed: November 3, 2018

Extremely expensive to stay, eat it takes away from this experience
    • Carson Tower Premium with Two Double Beds

Hotel was extremely expensive with their drinks in their food extremely expensive. Cost me $42 for two drinks.

Location, but a lot of beggers on the street

• Reviewed: November 2, 2018

would stay again although the D looked great also. Hard not to have a great time anywhere in Vegas
    • Carson Tower Deluxe - Run of House

$15.00 surcharge to lie on a sunbed in the top pool!! Cmon!! No fridge or kettle in room so had to have ice in bathroom sink to keep drinks cold. Had to buy coffee from Starbucks downstairs for breakfast, massive queues for this everday!

Had everything going for it, Loved it! Staff were all friendly & helpful. Pools were great if not a little crowded. Nice friendly casino right in the middle of Fremont St action.

• Reviewed: November 2, 2018

Give Carson Tower a miss, go Rush Tower.
    • Carson Tower Premium King

Being slugged $173 for 'incidentals' without warning after paying in advance and after handing over a security deposit. If you can't explain what a payment is for, it feels like you're being conned. Carson Tower is clearly feeling its age and comes across as just cheap.

I much preferred the Rush Tower to the Carson Tower. Better appointed and much more modern.

• Reviewed: November 1, 2018

My stay at Golden Nugget was great and i would definitely stay here again.
    • Carson Tower Premium with Two Double Beds

The hotel is just so big and wayfinding was a challenge sometime. Signage was good though.

The location was great. Restaurant choices were great. The room was really nice. The hotel staff was excellent.

• Reviewed: October 31, 2018

Probably will not stay here again.
    • Carson Tower Deluxe - Run of House

Room very tired and need of upgrading .Rusty bathtubs. Shower fixtures loose. Moldy caulk in tub. Very disappointing.Have stayed here several times before

Nice casino. The valet was very nice and helpful. Pool area very nice

Beyond Excellent!!!
    • Carson Tower Deluxe - Run of House

A Lord of the Rings slot machine! We asked but they said they did not have any and that they were all taken out:(. My favorite machine!

Convenient love the Starbucks right near the elevators! The absolute best poker room in all of Vegas! 2.00 per hour comps! Double high hands from 8 am to 2pm all kinds of tournaments! Great snack bar! Claim Jumper food is excellent! Love Golden Nugget! First time we stayed there but will definitely go back!!!!!!

Nice and relaxing.
    • Carson Tower Deluxe - Run of House

Elevator wait time. Was on19th floor..9:00 in AM..waited 15 mins for elevator with room... to many people leaving at same time..

The staff was remarkable. Very helpful and cordial.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

We had a fun and memorable trip to the Golden Nuggets for a 21st birthday celebration!
    • Carson Tower Deluxe - Run of House

The windows were dirty on the outside, which was disappointing because of the great view from our room!

We loved the layout and amenities. We had never been to Fremont Street and loved being in the center of it at this hotel! All staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

Golden Nugget nightmare!
    • Carson Tower Premium with Two Double Beds

Room very dirty, black mold in shower and under the vanity. Toilet pee on the floor. Menu in the room covered in food and scribbled all over. To top it off . When brought to managements attention, they were rude. Changed our room to a non-smoking as far away as you could get from anything.

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

Good location for what we needed. But hate to say it. But we will be finding a different place🙁
    • Carson Tower Deluxe - Run of House

The comfort of the beds. Of course to each their own. But the noise. And the last night. Dogs barking. Didn’t get much sleep

We stayed here a few times in the past. I like some of the remodeling that was done. And the new restaurants.

4.5
    Lots of choices in Vegas, at prices charged, I will not choose this one again
    • Gold Club

Not a $200 per night room No room refrigerator (even red roof type hotels have this) 6:45 p.m Saturday night I had to call and advise my room still had not been cleaned

• Reviewed: October 28, 2018

Will return
    • Gold Tower Deluxe

I would have preferred a king to 2 queen beds in room but none available at time of check in The pool music is very loud Lounge chairs in pool area too close together

We had a great time overall Would have preferred one bed in the room. Staff at Claim Jumper were super friendly and accommodating (thanks Benny !) The room in the Gold Tower was small but updated

• Reviewed: October 27, 2018

Location was great - easy access to the downtown area.
    • Carson Tower Premium with Two Double Beds

I agreed to an upgrade for an extra $60.00 or $30.00 per night. Although the new room was slightly bigger, the view was awful. 2nd floor room was over looking pipes and a roof. I should have saved my $60.00. This is a difficult place to stay with kids. Although there is the shark tank in the center of the pool, there were very few families. Also, there was cigarette smoke EVERYWHERE! UHHHH.

Location was great - easy access to the downtown area. Staff was friendly and accommodating.

• Reviewed: October 27, 2018

You've got to see the Golden Nugget!
    • Carson Tower Deluxe - Run of House

There are a lot of rooms at this hotel but check in was a huge lineup. We were in line for about 40 minutes to check in and I heard someone in line say this wasn't bad, last time he checked in it took over an hour. They had quite a few staff behind the desk checking people in and handed out water bottles to everyone in line but it wasn't really a great way to start our short stay. Maybe they should have given everyone a cocktail. It is a big hotel and noisy but then it is Vegas!

Breakfast/lunch buffet was huge and delicious with everything you could think of including a crepe station made to order. We asked for a seat by the river which we got and could sit and watch all the birds and fish. Wonderful friendly waitress kept our coffee and juice full and didn't rush us out. Hotel is right in the middle of Fremont Street. Walk out the door and your there. Self parking building was just across the street with plenty of parking and well marked so you could find it easily. Numerous bars and the shark tank by the pool is amazing especially at night.

• Reviewed: October 26, 2018

Pretty hotel but not one that seems to
    • Carson Tower Premium with Two Double Beds

We are charged a resort fee and then only allowed to sit in lounge chairs (that were soaking wet) at 9:45 in the morning because the couches we were enjoying our coffee at were only for people paying a minimum of $100 for drinks and food. And the lounge chairs are so close together it is ridiculous! Another evening we were told we could sit out in the pool area for a nightcap and it was all roped off when we went out (literally 10 minutes after asking the front desk). We were told they were cleaning it early tonight because no one was out there (note: they had not started). Those were our only two attempts to use the pool area so the resort fee was a total irritation. We checked in at 5 pm and were told that not only could we not have an adjoining room we requested at reservation time, but that we would be so many floors apart that we had to switch elevators in the lobby just to go to the other room!

The Rush Lounge is always a favorite when we are at GN. Great live music and sitting areas for groups! Loved that Claim Jumper stayed open really late!

• Reviewed: October 18, 2018

• Carson Tower Deluxe - Run of House

A little better pet walking area. Space outside Carson was pretty limited nut I understand downtown RE is expensive. Maybe consider taking a few bushes out and opening area u a bit

Larry's mexican was excellent. Staff was super friendly.

• Reviewed: October 16, 2018

Security for the gold tower every night was the best part.
    • Carson Tower Premium King

I got up sold for a room the couldn't be ready by check in time. After 45 minutes after check in, I asked what time it would be ready and I was told that they couldn't provide a time to be given the room and that I was better off getting a room that was ready. So I ended up taking that.

Security for the gold tower every night was the best part. That lady was amazing

• Reviewed: October 16, 2018

The room was nice and spacious
    • Carson Tower Deluxe - Run of House

There was a huge wad of hair on our shower wall, It was gross! Also saw the same dirt under our bathroom counter top each day. The hotel charged $60+ more than what Booking.com quoted with this flimsy explanation from Booking.com "After reviewing your submission, we’ve concluded that Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino Las Vegas had made the charge in accordance with your reservation policy. Therefore, there is no need to be concerned." No concern for them of course. I won't use Booking.com again.

The room was nice and spacious

• Reviewed: October 15, 2018

We arrived late, by the time we got to our room and caught...

No food

We arrived late, by the time we got to our room and caught our breath ALL the restaurants were CLOSED we had not eaten since lunch could not find any place to eat. The one restaurant that should have been open was closed and so was room service. Your staff should know were 24 hour restaurants are.

We Price Match