Reviews of Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino 4 stars

#6 of 39 hotels in Atlantic City

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Wonderful
    • Luxury King Room

The charge for tenets for the gym😣

The pool was awesome!,& hours of operation😍we did the buffet as well 🤣the front desk gal was extremely professional & sweet! Very kind we’ve never stayed at a casino before. Next time we hope to come back again we are going to share our experience w/all our family & friends. Thank you for asking we felt like it was a great bonding experience & everyone was so friendly & helpful😁

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Love the property and have stayed there numerous times...
    • Luxury King Room

I valet parked and when I went to get car the emblem on the front was off and looked like the front had been hit. The people were argumentative and gave me a number to call for risk management during the week. Not happy with the response and empathy.

Love the property and have stayed there numerous times however this experience left me questioning if I would return.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Hot tub
    • Luxury King Room

When I went to check in at 5 pm there were no rooms ready I had to leave my phone number for someone to call me back 2 hours later I got the call I was not very happy

Hot tub

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

excellent staffs
    • Luxury King Room

If there's a problem, the staff will do what ever it takes to solve the problem, and do their best to make your stay very comfortable, excellent staffs, great hotel and great service. I'll surely be back, thanks guys for an excellent anniversary, we enjoyed our time with you.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

We had very excellent quality for a low price.
    • Luxury King Room

We had very excellent quality for a low price. We loved our room and enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Chart House one of the many choices of restaurants within the hotel. We also had a beautiful view.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Bed was super comfy, rooftop pool & hot tub were amazing...
    • Luxury King Room

At the casino, I was constantly carded and basically accused of using a fake. I’m 24 years old.

Bed was super comfy, rooftop pool & hot tub were amazing, drinks were really good.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

The outdoor pool, lounge and bar.
    • Luxury King Room

The outdoor pool, lounge and bar. There is a night club there which rocks and a lounge that have a live band and Dj on Friday night. I was overwhelmed with all the food, boutique, bars there and don’t forget the casinos. You don’t need to leave there because everything is there.

GreT location.
    • Luxury King Room

We were supposed to have an adjoining room with my nephew. I asked at check in to confirm this. I was told i did. But we did not.

GreT location. Beautiful view

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Ruined first night of my honey moon.
    • Luxury King Room

The room was not ready 2 hours after what should have been check in. The room was not the cleanest. Which is disappointing given a 4 star hotel. It was the pretty decor but the overall experience and wait even contacting management was terrible. I would never go back to golden nugget.

The decor is modern

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Not real happy
    • Luxury King Room

My wife for a facial and massage very disappointing was over 450.00 and not good service was poor also extended ourvstsy an extra day and booking .com was very slow notifieing the hotel was a bit embarrassing but finally straighten out

Most of the service was good housekeeping and restaurants were good

We had an enjoyable and very comfortable stay.
    • Luxury King Room

Hallway carpets could use some cleaning. Lost a little too much money in the slots! :( lol

Loved the pillows!! At first glance I thought they would be too thick as I need a flat pillow to sleep. It turned out to be one of the best pillows ever! Staff was friendly and helpful. The valet even kept our luggage safe on our departure day until we returned from a short visit downtown.

Hotel is nice - the pool is a plus if it’s sunny.
    • Luxury Double Room

Staff at front desk is horrible and useless. Couldn’t tell me what was the meal plan including in my booking or honor the high floor request I made while booking.

Hotel is nice - the pool is a plus if it’s sunny. THAT’S IT

Clean and comfortable
    • Luxury King Room

If checkout is at 12 the staff should not wake you up to clean at 9 am and multiple times before 12...I felt rushed and awaken ...this should not happen especially when I’m paying for the room...

Clean and comfortable

Fun place to get away for a night for good food, relaxation and to gamble a little with the wife.
    • Luxury King Room

The Golden Nugget did a very good job in the transformation of the old Trump Marina Hotel (which at the end was sort of a dump). We enjoyed our short stay here and would come again.

It was good
    • Luxury King Room

The receptionist at the check in desk was rude. Didn’t tell me what I was paying for which was $99.99, snatched my license and credit card out my hand but didn’t hand back my things she put them on the desk for me to pick up and also did not tell me what room I was in or how to get to that room. Very poor customer service.

The casino and restaurants were great!

Not what I expected
    • Luxury King Room

Very expensive, room was not ready. We were given a different room that was supposed to be a bay view but it was a view of the roof. It was very noisy both mornings and their was no "privacy please/make up room" sign as well as no house keeping service. Therefore, we were out of towels. Also, we cud of used an extra blanket because their were only thinner sheet -type coverings for the bed.

I appreciated the manager taking money off the bill due to the experience we had.

It was clean, the jacuzzi was open until late and the food...
    • Luxury King Room

So far from the boardwalk. Casino was expensive & the restaurants close early

It was clean, the jacuzzi was open until late and the food that we did have was great

Overall nice place
    • Luxury King Room

The toilet keep running all night I reported it they came up did something but it still was running all they had to do was change the flapper inside the tank I work maintenance that was a ten minute fix

Room service was great the food excellent

C-
    • Luxury Double Room

Security did not address the noisy room next to ours after 2 requests. The H2O pool area is a freak show. Overcrowded. Arriving back on July 4, the elevators were used by the general public to view rooftop fireworks and the guests staying in the rooms had to wait in line with the general public to get to their rooms.

Room accommodations excellent

It was clean, the staff on the floors was nice and polite
    • Luxury King Room

My hard copy bill did not match the amount taken from account, still working to get this settled.

It was clean, the staff on the floors was nice and polite

Great getaway with great drinks and food nearby!
    • Luxury Double Room

Room cleaning could have happened faster. A little pricey for everything.

Beds were very comfortable with fluffy pillows. Room has a great view. elevators were prompt. Pool was awesome with great drinks and service.

Bed very comfy, room clean, staff very polite, and it was...
    • Luxury King Room

My room key stop working after a day and not too many good restaurants to choose from.

Bed very comfy, room clean, staff very polite, and it was worth the value. Overall. A great getaway.

Definitely not one of the best in Atlantic City
    • Luxury King Room

We didn’t had a good experience with the hotel. The service was very slow in everything and not so polite. The room was not clean and very very dusty. When we asked from the hotel to clean the room - no one came and clean it. Thee food wasn’t good and the casino is very very small. Not recommended!

The only thing is good about the hotel is the view

First time stay.
    • Luxury King Room

Room Service order taker, very unpleasant & unwelcoming. When asked questions about the menu, her response was so abrupt as if she was being bothered. Never identified herself, therefore, i can't provide her name. The server, however, was great. Husband and I first time visit celebrating our 23rd anniversary. Next day, we went out for all meals. We didn't want the same experience from the night before. Perhaps, being a In Room Dining Manager myself, I automatically look for areas of improvement.

Overall, all other areas were great!

Nice looking property, I liked the decor and the layout of...
    • Luxury King Room

SO LOUD! Let me just say that my husband and I are not late to bed people, we’re not party people and we enjoy a good amount of sleep. This hotel, for whatever reason, is so loud it’s almost unbearable. When we first entered our hotel room, we walked in and the door SLAMMED behind us with such force it actually made me jump. Didn’t think a whole lot of it but every time we were in or out it was the same story. Unfortunately it didn’t stop with our door, for about four rooms down the hall in either direction and even on the opposite site of the hall every time a door closed, it slammed with such force it felt and sounded like it was our own room door. There is tile right at the entrance to the room which likes to enhance the echo of any talking in the hallway so from the time we laid down (about 10pm) until about 1-2am we heard and felt every door slam and every conversation. Rough night doesn’t begin to describe it. Mind you these weren’t shouting screaming conversations, just normal talking. Then about 5am the door slamming started again so let me just say that I have NO DESIRE to ever stay here again. I should also mention that this noise was heard OVER a rain sound app we use every night to drown out the incidental noises of life in our house but we turn it up louder in hotels because we know it’s not just us. We get it that unless you’re alone in a hotel it’s rarely ever perfectly silent but geez. If I was a late owl or a party person I probably wouldn’t care but I’m currently 9 months pregnant so sleep is a rare commodity. I definitely didn’t get any extra here. Steer clear if you like your beauty sleep.

Nice looking property, I liked the decor and the layout of the lobby, main entrance and rooms were nice.

Daybeds at the pool.
    • Luxury King Room

Too many unsupervised children in the pool. Service was a bit slow. I don't think you should have to pay for the gym when you are a guest.

Daybeds at the pool. Staff was very nice.

Decent Hotel, Experience Not Great
    • Luxury King Room

Loud individuals in neighboring rooms. Woke up numerous times due to drunken arguments, slamming room doors, could hear conversations in the next room. No cell phone service.

The bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. Bible in drawer.

Overall nice hotel. Cheaper than surrounding areas but still nice.
    • Luxury Double Room

Bigger beds. Double beds just don’t cut it.

Nice rooms however beds are very small! Was very tight and I am a small person to sleep next to my husband. The bedside lamps have to lay weirdly over whoever’s head is on the inner side of the bed. Very awkward!

The food is good.
    • Luxury King Room

Loud and smells bad inside...residual smell from decades of cigarette smoke, I presume. Sad people gambling all day. Everything is overpriced.

The food is good.

Very nice hotel!
    • Luxury King Room

Having to go through the cigar and cigarette smoke in the casino to get to the rooms.

Nice, quiet, comfortable room with excellent bathroom facilities.

Staff is very helpful
    • Luxury King Room

Our rooms weren’t cleaned up twice, and there was pieces of prosciutto (ham) on the hallway for a whole day. No one cleaned it up.

Staff is very helpful

Enjoyable
    • Luxury King Room

I didnt like how super expensive it was to get a room for friday n ssturday. $800) Im a middle class person and feel i could have gotten an airline ticket cheaper for the weekend.

The restuarant vic & anthony was very good. The facility was very clean.

Very underwhelming for what I considerd an iconic brand.
    • Luxury King Room

Staff was unfriendly and made me wait for a room to be cleaned due to my original room being given away to another resident. I was offered a smoking room although I specifically asked for non. Room was noisy due to neighbor being heard clearly through conjoining room doors. Coughing, conversation and laughing heard through the night.

Room was appropriately furnished and sized. Facility was modern.

I really liked the room and the bathroom is beautiful the...
    • Luxury King Room

I did not like the air conditioning. Our first room was very muggy & smelled of mildew and had mold by the window. Even when we switched rooms the ac was better but not great it was either too cold or no air maybe if we could open a window slightly fresh air would be great

I really liked the room and the bathroom is beautiful the rooms are spacious. Also because of problems with first room Annette switched our room to a better one. The bed was so comfortable I just wish there were firmer pillows cus the ones they have don’t have much support

It was a great experience over all, love the views of the Arena and port.
    • Luxury King Room

Would love to have had breakfast included in the hotel pricing, also the pricing of dinning buffets were a little expensive, really over the top.

The bed slept like a cloud and I would love to know where and what kind of mattress that was on the bed. Love the colors and designs of the hotel.

We loved dinner at Vic and Anthony's!
    • Luxury King Room

We loved dinner at Vic and Anthony's!! Room was clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly!! We noticed when we walked into our first room the room next to us had a bachelorette party going on so we called the front desk and they moved us right away without any questions..

bad
    • Luxury King Room

Bad services, I paid extra 60 $ for making the room in front of the ocean but, not in the same as I asked. Then they said you did not pay for that, then I prove that by email. then they change my room. No one serves us to carry language when check out. Baaad

Will definitely stay again
    • Luxury Double Room

Beds felt a bit small for a high-end hotel Lighting in the room was okay but the fixtures over the bed were a bid strange and at an uncomfortable level/location

Everything that was included in the hotel, we didn't leave the resort all night. We also liked the bathroom in our room, it was very modern and clean. Hotel was very easy to find, and the parking facility was brilliant - Right on site with access to the building on every floor. And it was free!! :)

Always a fun time in AC!
    • Luxury King Room

The Hotel did not have our reservation on file because we booked through Booking.com and not through them directly. We had to wait about twenty minutes for them to enter the reservation into their system.

Restaurants and casino very clean and accommodating.

Was ok could of been better

The bathroom was the worst no air at all which made it have a horrible smell also no matter how high I turn my heat up my room was still cold

The restaurant was very nice food was great staff was nice the pillows on the bed are great had to order them for my bed at home

I specifically reserved a smoking room, only to find after...
    • Luxury Double Room

I specifically reserved a smoking room, only to find after checking in, that's not what I got. I was offered another room by the person I spoke to, but the manager wouldn't permit the change and after talking to other guest who checked in after me found out they go a comp'd smoking room and I ended up paying $700 (and was told that was WAY to high)

Had tons of trouble checking in due to issues with the name...
    • Luxury King Room

Had tons of trouble checking in due to issues with the name on reservation not matching the business credit card. Definitely not the welcome I needed after a 3 hour trip through a snowstorm

The entire staff was so attentive, from the check in when...
    • Luxury King Room

The entire staff was so attentive, from the check in when they helped get us dinner reservations to the room service being delivered around the clock. Everything you could need was in the hotel.

Ask for a quitter floor

The food was good

The room was nice But the floor that we stay on was very noisy people in the nice room where have a party and you could not sleep try calling security came to the floor told them to keep it down but they just would stop !

Never stay again. Felt like we were at a kid resort with too many people banging loud doors All nigh
    • Luxury King Room

Could not get any sleep. The spring doors with no cushion banged all night up and down the hallways.loud bangs. Could hear people in next room talking through the walls. Heater was noisy kicking on and off with a noisy fan.

Room and shower and bathroom was very nice

It was ok not many places to eat and not many shops .
    • Luxury King Room

We didn’t like the bed it was uncomfortable too hard , didn’t have many places to eat a quick meal, casino small not many games in smoking area .

I like the decor of room , nice clean room nd staff was friendly and helpful all the time . We stayed 2 nights . We didn’t pay for parking so that was nice . We did have lunch at the buffet and food was pretty good for lunch choices .

great time as always - have been visiting this resort (even with the change) for 14 years + counting
    • Luxury King Room

the room was warm - went in February which is usually cold but it was warm for this time of year which made the room even warmer and we couldn't get the temperature down in the room :(

folks were very friendly and professional

Hopefully the right person reads this and acts on it.
    • Luxury King Room

Much too noisy. Could hear everything from adjoining rooms and hall way. My door would rattle everytime doors on my floor would shut. Safe in room did not work. Bathroom door was very hard to slide open and close. Shower access and door were inadequate.

Chart house and spa

Wish more people knew how good golden nugget is with respect to the cleanliness.
    • Luxury King Room

Not much is open after midnight on the weekday. Feel like golden nugget dies down and Borgata is still going

Rooms are very clean. Staff is very welcoming.

Good for a short stay
    • Luxury King Room

The air had a smell of stale cigarette smoke everywhere. I guess that is inevitable in a casino resort.

The food in the Asian restaurant Lillie and the cafe was good. The staff was friendly once I made an effort to engage them in conversation.

terrible
    • Luxury King Room

the night club and several of the restaurants were closed, we went for food and dancing. found none. had to pay for a cab and cover charge to get into a club at a different hotel.

Decent hotel for price and location
    • Luxury Double Room

I did not like that areas on the casino and lower level were very cold, smoke alarms and broken pipes occurred while we were there in the casino, paper thin walls in the rooms

I liked the style of the rooms, some of the casino and restaurants

Wanted a quick getaway but ended up leaving early due to the unprofessionalism of the staff..
    • Luxury King Room

The hotel wanted to charge $5 just to bring a can opener or utensils to the room....they had no complimentary breakfast , the staff seemed inattentive and were rude ... the casino also false advertised $100 free slot game play ... Iv stayed many places and will not be staying there again...

The room was pretty nice

The staff made it an absolute hassle to get into our rooms.
    • Luxury Double Room

The staff made it an absolute hassle to get into our rooms. Making us have to get a personal key for every member. We only had 3 people per room and the max limit was 4, however they still made us pay extra for the 3rd person. The manager was not very helpful as well. When you pay money, the last thing you want is to have a frustrating experience. Will not be staying here again and will not be reccomending this to anyone either.

Okay
    • Luxury King Room

I hated that I had a joined room .and they were parties going on both nights singing and banging on the walls.they kept opening the door on they side and banging on it. I spoke to 2 of the front desk personal and one told me the friday night she knows the walls are thin.and when I was leaving she said the same thing but said I should have call down and they might have switch the room.

I love art on all the walls

It was enjoyable and relaxing
    • Luxury King Room

I didnt life ke the occupancy charge of $50. The room cost 80 more than stated with tax and this charge. I gave my credit card to hold the room but wanted to pay cash to avoid charging my card but i was told i couldnt. I dont understand this.

The room was beautiful and clean. The bed was comfortable.

Will stay again.
    • Luxury King Room

Most of their facilities are a little out dated with some tasteless decoration. But main entrance has the worst image, than the actual quality of all the facilities.

Always stayed at Borgata before and tried GN at this time. It was a fine stay and found this hotel much more practical. Easy to get in a and out, good size rooms with nice views. I may choose it again.

Glad I saw it once, no plans to ever return there!
    • Luxury Double Room

At first we were placed in a smoking room... smelled like an ashtray. However, after several minutes of complaints, the manager agreed to move us to a non-smoking room. The switch was a much better option in that it was not like an ashtray - however, nothing about it said suite... At $300 a night, it's unfortunate that the room description was way off from the actual room. Also, the buffet and Vic & Michaels restaurants were terrible! The soda was flat and watered down and the facilities looked dirty.

Charthouse, Lillie's and Grotto's were excellent restaurants. Delicious food, excellent service and beautiful décor.

I LOVED that checkout was at 12 instead of the normal 11.
    • Luxury King Room

The chocolate at the chocolate box. Truly the worst chocolates we ever tried

I LOVED that checkout was at 12 instead of the normal 11. The bed was very comfortable. Awesome view from our room. Also liked that there was security at the elevators. Very appreciated!

The Golden Nugget is overpriced, but we stay here when catching shows at Haven
    • Luxury King Room

I don't know how the Nugget gets away with charging such high prices for their small rooms and pitiful bathrooms... we've stayed at several other properties in AC for half the price and had a bigger bed, huge updated bathroom, and better view.

The casino is great and the check in staff was lovely

never again
    • Luxury King Room

I recommended a non smoking room , of course our first room smelled so bad of smoke it was horrible .We were moved to another room that did not smell. but no matter where you go all you do is smell smoke it was horrible

the staff was friendly.

It was ok but not for me.

The rooms are not like in the picture when you book it. I got a suit and thought it would look like the picture but it didn't. The hood is right down the street you have to drive to the other side for the boardwalk & good shops. they don't have microwave if you wanted to heat up your food for outside food. The hotel was for a older crowed like 50+ it wasn't a lot of younger people ages 21-43. The dinner buffet was horrible for $23.

I like the ice cream stand they have in the hotel.

Booking.
    • Luxury King Room

Booking.com did not modify my reservation properly so I paid for my room twice. I’m lucky the Golden Nugget had a room for us! Not happy with booking.com.

Weekend at Atlantic City
    • Luxury King Room

We stayed from Friday thru Monday. The first night, there was a group of teenagers staying on our floor, who decided to have a party. It was very loud in the hallway; screaming and slamming doors. We called the Front Desk and Security came within 10 minutes. They were told to stop and for a while it quiet down a little bit, but then it started again. The next morning we went to the Front Desk and asked for a different room on another floor. Although the hotel was fully booked for that Saturday evening, we were moved without any problems. The receptionist was very helpful and understanding.

Nice big room and bathroom. Bed was comfy. Personnel at reception friendly and helpful. Would stay here again.

Okay for the location
    • Luxury King Room

Valet gave us grief when we were checking in, as apparently you have to park first (valet or self) before checking in, instead of pulling in, checking in then unloading. Food was pricey ($35 for soup, sandwich and soda). Bathroom door in room was not working properly.

Great views, on property

Except for disappointment at check-in rest everything was good.
    • Luxury King Room

Check in staff was a disaster and the Front Desk Manager was no exception. We were two couples and were allocated rooms 808 and 1932. When we checked we were informed that there was no request that we were to be accommodated on higher floors. When we showed the message they allocated 1928 instead of 808 but said 1932 was not ready. We were checking in at 21:00 hours and the room wasn't ready then Y in 1st instance room was allocated, if it wasn't ready. The conversation wasn't pleasant and both staff's arrogance was disappointing. Hope others don't face similar situations.

We had a wonderful weekend at this resort! We definitely recommend staying here
    • Luxury King Room

The shower was difficult to get into because it was high to step in through the door which also did not open wide enough. The faucet was also leaking constantly making a loud dripping noise that was only noticeable when in the bathroom. The door to the bathroom was a sliding door that did not seal closed. It did not allow for much privacy when using the bathroom which was inconvenient. Casino was also a bit small but had some great games and offers!

The room was spacious, exceptionally clean and the bed was extremely comfortable! We truly enjoyed our stay at this resort! Also, the spa at the resort was excellent and provided great services!

It was disappointing.
    • Luxury Double Room

The hotel and casino smelled like old socks and had a dim look. The free shampoo and conditioner smelled like chemicals. The staff wasn't able to provide good directions for the room for my convention. The food was overpriced. The overall feeling was depressing.

Room was a nice size

We thoroughly enjoyed every facet of each day with no complaints.
    • Luxury King Room

The king sized bed encourages each person to change position without disturbing the other. Bed was very comfortable. There is at least one restaurant with several choices for each type of meal.

The staff was very nice and friendly.
    • Luxury King Room

I didn't like how you can hear everything. If someone walks by the room I can hear everything that they are saying perfectly, along with the room next to me. I know it's not anyones fault it was just loud.

The staff was very nice and friendly. THe food at the buffet was delecious and definitely worth the money.

I liked the entire bulding can not complain about the...
    • Luxury King Room

Casino should have a sign saying that under 21 can't gamble. My wife almost got in trouble for that, she's only 20 and there are no signs saying anything. I am from Massachusetts and i didn't know that gambling age was 21.

I liked the entire bulding can not complain about the service and staff

No satisfied
    • Luxury King Room

Small casino and the pool its to small I didnt like the jacuzzi I think they should put the pool in better place I feel the chairs are in top of others no space to feel relax to crow it

Just the room

Eh
    • Luxury King Room

Check-in staff Jeanne was rude. Dust all over in the room. Had to change room because of first room they gave me, bathroom wasn't cleaned even though housekeepers were working at 2AM at the next door very laudly.

King size room was good. Comfortable bed and a sectional couch by the window. Many restaurants to eat in and easy, quick access to room with 6 elevators.

I had a better experience in past visits.
    • Luxury King Room

Pool area staff-security gave us a hard time to enter that area because he couldn't find our rooms due to a glitch in the system and sent my husband down to the lobby for proof. After several customers had the same issue and I waited with my kids, he decided to let everyone go in but my husband was already gone waiting in line downstairs for a while.

band downstairs at the bar was awesome!

Nice hotel but noisy.
    • Luxury King Room

Was one of the noisest hotels I have stayed. Could hear hallway taking and doors slamming even at 2:30 am. I needed to be up early and did not get a good night's sleep.

Staff friendly, convenient to where I needed to go.

Browse Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino traveller photo gallery