Reviews of Good Nite Inn Camarillo 2 stars

1100 Ventura Boulvard, Camarillo, CA 93010, USA

#6 of 10 hotels in Camarillo

• Room with Two Queen Beds

I didnt like the fact that the hotel was being advertised online that it cam with a mini refrigerator and microwave oven because when I arrived to my room there want one at all.

The comfort of the bed

• Queen Room

Checkin was easy und kindly, get from the staff a room to the backside, which is recommendable as the Motel is very close to the highway!!, but so it was ok, enough parking lots right in the front, very close (in walking distance!!!!) to the Premium Outlet, so very nice for shopping, a short ride to the beautiful coast and highway No. 1....

• Queen Room

My boyfriend took one shower when we got into our room after getting off the airplane and the water did not drain. We left to go to a wedding hoping to return to the water being gone and there was still about 8 inches of water in the tub. We tried to contact the front desk but the phone did not work either. When we walked down to the front desk it was locked and the only lady working there was dealing with another issue. When we finally got ahold of someone the next morning, they asked us why we didn’t contact them earlier and we explained to them that we tried but or phone line was not working. They did not do anything for us to make our stay any better....

• Queen Room

Very noisy, the first room smelled so bad I had to move m. The beds were very uncomfortable. The shower didn't drain plus there was a gross smell coming from the sink drain.

• Room with Two Queen Beds

Bleach smell in the room. Old sticky carpet. Room is not like on the picture. Loud as the highway is close. Staff was not very friendly.

Location - just across the Camarillo outlet

• Queen Room

There was a water leak into room. The maintenance man and the night clerk was the only ones who thanked me for notifying them of the water leak. No word from the manager.

The maintenance man and the night clerk were very nice. To the maintenance guy - change the bathroom light switch to a motion detector type. These only fit in deep electrical boxes or replacement of box and drywall will be required.

• Queen Room

Lighting in the room not very good, but fine for just sleeping!

Great value for a quick overnight stay. Very clean, comfortable enough, staff is helpful. Easy access on and off the freeway, restaurants and shopping very close by.

• Queen Room

I requested a first (ground) floor room because I had luggage but was a little anxious as I was on my own. Hence it was a bit alarming to find my window unlocked when I checked in. Easily rectified but left a slight (unneceesary) lingering fear. There are lots of food outlets close by but as i was on my own and not driving this was a bit of a problem. The area is quite deserted after dark and you would be walking on your own which I ended up having to do but in hindsight probably shouldn't have.

The bathroom was pristinely clean which was the most important to me. It is very close to the Camarillo Outlets which was the main reason for my stay. Coffee and tea are available in the reception every morning. Staff I encountered were polite.

• Room with Two Queen Beds

Toilet paper....lol not a good brand

My travel got me to the inn early my before chk in time. Front desk greeted me with a smile and aloud me to chk into my room early.then I needed a downstairs room and changed it with no trouble. I will be coming back to stay next time in town.

This is where the police just sit and watch for people to arrest!!! I had just finished packing my cars with my husband and we were talking smoking 420 and all of a sudden 2 shefiffs roll up .. I was literally outside for 4 minutes.. So it's legal to have marijuana in your possession, but it's illegal to smoke in public, ( in my car). My husband had 2 shotguns in my car , so I get arrested for possession of a loaded firearm while being under the influence!!!! .... Those cops told me they arrested 10 people, the same weekend I was there and got arrested.. just from the hotel!!! If you stay at this hotel ,Be careful, your being watched by the police department!!

Close to the outlets

• Queen Room

We asked for pillows and had to carry them all the way back to our rooms. We forgot the do not distrib sign on the door when we left for the day so we asked for fresh linen and towels and they made a big deal.

I liked that the room felt comfortable the walls weren’t too thin. And no loud neighbors.

• Room with Two Queen Beds

Bad oder in room. Sink pipe stunk, toilet seat had cloudy streak and had strong urine oder all around toilet including floor. Upon arrival there was 2 hairs on sink by faucet. Pretty disappointed.

Good location, easy access to freeway.

• Room with Two Queen Beds

Pull your sheets and first pad back. It was stained and disgusting. The drug deals going down were so exciting. The drywall all messed up above the shower and then painted over was just the wow factor for me.

The location to the outlet mall.

• Queen Room

The location is very close to the Freeway (Highway 101) which may be a concern if you are a light sleeper.

The location is conveniently located to the place we ca me to visit. The restaurants in the area are quite good. I recommend Octavio's (Italian), Mandarin House (Chinese) and The old New York Deli. This location is within walking distance to the Camarillo Outlet Mall.

• Queen Room

The beds are so uncomfortable, the bathtub was dirty and gross. It was clear that it was cleaned in a hurry. The staff was extremely rude and unprofessional. The night time security guard was harassing us because we checked in late from a wedding.

• Room with Two Queen Beds

When my son got sick one night, they didn't have access to their own housekeeping supplies?! So we slept on a stripped bed with one blanket for our first night and they made us keep the soiled blankets in our room until the next day.

The price was definitely right for the stay compared to other hotels in the area. California typically isn't a cheap trip, but their hotel gave us quality for a decent price.

• Queen Room

Check in staff was a bit slow to get me checked it. Bathroom smells a bit, but appeared very clean.

I was very happy I got a tasty cookie when I checked in.

• Queen Room

They did not listen. They did the opposite of what was asked. They did not accommodate my request. I asked for downstairs they gave me upstairs. I asked for 2 room keys they only gave me 1. Asked for a late check-out, they had the nerve to ask if I needed a wake up call 🤔

• Queen Room

Parking was horrible. I asked for a first floor when I book but they only have a section floor available. There was no nightlight that I can turn off from the bed. The bed was extremely uncomfortable. The room had a little bit of a smell to it. The parking lot lights were shining in the room and I couldn’t close the curtains enough to block it. The towels were too small and there is no full-size towel.

I didn’t find anything I liked. They accommodations were so-so.

• Queen Room

Could have discount when been here multiple times. In other words --frequent flyer; Freeway noise

Let us check in early. Vince. Jessie gave coupon when I told him I spend 20 minute digging out someone else hair from sink; They clean microwave when other guest made mess.

• Queen Room

The only thing I would have liked is some decaf tea options alongside the black tea and coffee.

Though this place is nothing fancy, it was perfect. The staff was friendly. The room was clean. The bed was comfy. And the location is fantastic... I cannot imagine a single thing you would need that wasn’t a very short drive away. Would absolutely stay there again.

• Queen Room

Be sure to ask for a room away from the highway, which is close and very noisy. Otherwise, it's a very good place, especially for the price.

Very comfortable rooms. Great price.

• Room with Two Queen Beds

There was nothing that I did not like about the property. Everything was with good standards . Thank you for everything you guys provided. Thank you and thank you

It was clean and confortable. I really had a nice peacefulbu stay. All you guys need is skate park and I would never want to leave

• Queen Room

room was too close to freeway noise but I accommodated well enough since I was so tire.

Gabriel was so so nice and allow me to sleep 9 am (before 3 pm) BECAUSE I DROVE FROM 4:30 AM for 4 hours. God sent. Next door to Outlets and everything.

• Queen Room

Didn't have breakfast. Bed was so very hard. I'll have to bring a pad next time. I hate to complain, but with a long drive home the next morning, I could barely move. Sorry.

• Queen Room

I would like to have had a refrigerator and microwave but there were neither and there was no breakfast, only coffee in the morning from 6-11. There were a few spots of crusted dirt on the comforter that made me believe that it had not been washed or replaced.

I only needed a bed for a few hours and it exceeded my expectations. For $60 I assumed it'd be small and dingy but it was a decent size, somewhat clean, low traffic, and quiet. The local was very good, there were gas stations, shopping centers, grocery stores, and restaurants nearby and it was right off the high way.

• Queen Room

the spa was turned into a planter with a tree our room was next to stairs so it was noisy I think they could have given us a better, less noisy room further away from the freeway. the toilet paper was like sand paper and the bath towels were really small

• Room with Two Queen Beds

They did not let me check in they said my debit card WOULD not b charged then it ask how will I pay cash card was just to hold my room mine I it was 1am we evacuated from fire and told me I need a credit card very we're else don't charge my credit card when I pay cash or debit card I they ask for a 200 or n 100 $ just in case any damage to room is done I told her I can give u 300 cAsh just need to sleep she told me no I need it to b on my card

• Queen Room

The clerk that was at the check in desk was really nice and make it so easy and fast,room was clean,parking space was big enough,and what I like the most is that the A/C works perfectly,My boyfriend and I will definitely return next time

• Room with Two Queen Beds

Water flows slowly into the pipe as the tub would fill up during shower.

It was a great price and the hotel was by the highway and close to our destination. The bed and everything was comfortable for the price range.

No breakfast , no safe.

Strategic location just five minutes walk to Camarillo premium outlets . Recommended when using a car since public transport is not obvious. Room is nice and wifi connection is also good. Friendly staff, I could park all day even after check out to avoid the traffic entry and exit of the outlet.

• Queen Room

No conditioner to go with the shampoo. Would have been nice to have extra pillows/blankets, but to be fair we didn't ask to see if they had some.

Basic room, but clean and comfortable

• Queen Room

Lighting in unit was poor- just two little bulbs by the bed to cover desk and bed area. And one burned out. Cigarette smokers were everywhere- maybe that is a curse of bargain-priced motels. But they smoked in the smoking areas where you parked your car, they smoked just outside their "non'smoking" rooms, they smoked the last part of the cigarette while walking into their non-smoking room, and they inhaled a huge amount of cigarette smoke just before going into their non-smoking room. Very noisy during one day since a unit was being cleaned and rebuilt by a hazmat team and they had to talk loudly to each other most of one day.

convenient location next to Camarillo Outlet Malls was nice- a 3 minute walk. Parking next to unit was good. 24-hour office was very handy.

• Queen Room

Didn't have a coffee maker in the room. I don't want to get all dressed to grab a quick cup of joe. Coffee in the lobby tasted terrible.

Room was comfortable. Just what was needed.

• Queen Room

Unfortunately there was no fridge to put in some bottles of soda.

The room was clean and we had the opportunity to wash and dry our clothes there. If you wanna do that make sure you have $3.50 ready in quaters. The Good Nite Inn had a fantastic location: five minutes away from a big shopping outlet.

• Room with Two Queen Beds

No microwave or fridge in the room. Very loud, could hear everything going on outside and when someone used the shower next door. The water in the pool was freezing!

Easy access from freeway

• Queen Room

You can hear cars on the road/parking while being in the room.

Good location if you want to do a bit of shopping. Food court nearby. Easy to find a parking spot.

• Queen Room

I didn't like that at 3,4am I woke up from itching badly and I couldnt go back to sleep I was uncomfortable and as I turnt the light on I seen adult size bed bugs crawling out the pillow and tiny ones crawling on the bed . I got bit up all over my body from the bed bugs I am highly upset. I will not ever come back to this property.

There was absolute nothing I liked about this place

• Room with Two Queen Beds

It's a simple, bare bones motor in. Which isn't a bad thing at all as the rates are very reasonable. My only complaint was slightly low water pressure.

This it a simple motel, ideal for a quick stay. I chose it because of the proximity to the outlets - walking distance- as we didn't have a car after arrival. Our room actually looked towards the outlets. The hotel is adjacent to 101, so there is highway noise, but it's in an overall quiet location in a very safe area. It was an enjoyable walk over to the outlets. As I left the area, I noticed bus/ trolley service running from shops to train station. Next time, I'll use that ( we ubered around a bit). Hotel staff was pleasant and helpful. We were given a late check out and were able to leave our luggage with the office while we enjoyed more time by outlets.

• Room with Two Queen Beds

All was good as expected

Value for money was as expected. Clean simple hotel for staying. The best place to stay for visiting premium outlet due to 5 feet distance from there.

• Room with Two Queen Beds

Clean Hotel. Stayed here for a friend's wedding. Smaller rooms but was still able to get ready for the event with a few people in there. Good stay!

• Queen Room

Staff plus I wanted in the back I had to pay to upgrade when I didn't want to when I only wanted one bed not two. N another was it said it was a pet friendly when they ain't. I had to call my friend to come n get my dog.

• Room with Two Queen Beds

The drink machines were empty and the water tastes off there. The room wasn't very clean. Shady neighbors next to us, my daughter didn't feel safe and she knows the town...

• Room with Two Queen Beds

The room had a very bad odour, especially with the air con turned on.

Very convenient if you want to go to the Outlet next door. Good proximity to Walmart etc.

• Queen Room

Could use a often change of large towels more often. Come by around 11 to drop off more towels.

Really comfy room and stay. The staff was really nice too.

• Room with Two Queen Beds

There was a sign poiting out that local authorities were aware that there were carcinogens in the area. So I didn't stayed very quiet.

Perfect for a short stay. Malibu and Santa Monica are near.

• Room with Two Queen Beds

We had to change rooms because there was a dead cockroach in the bathroom and a huge spider! The rooms were a little shabby. Luckily we were only there one night. The staff got us into a different room right away

There was a pool.

• Queen Room

Would have been nice to have a fridge in the room

Check in was very efficient and staff were friendly and professional. Laundry on site was handy for me, and it was nice to have a swim in the pool on a hot day.

• Queen Room

I found nothing that I didn't like during my stay.

I enjoyed the location and the room was very comfortable and clean. The evening lobby clerk (Jose) was very helpful, courteous and friendly. He definitely deserves a promotion if he hasn't already or is do for one.

• Queen Room

Bathroom could use an update.

Good value, especially compared with hotels in the greater Santa Barbara area. Next door is a nice Outlet Centre. Didn't use the pool, looked good though. Room is spacious. Short drive to beaches.

• Queen Room

The bed (when I booked the room it said the size of the bed would be a queen) the bed we had seem to be a FULL SIZE. I have a queen size at home & the size that was in the room was way small....also the room smelled dingy?? No ventilation, so again the only good thing about the room was that it was clean, so qudos to the cleaning staff! 👍🏼 Hotel is a bit dated.

It was clean!

• Room with Two Queen Beds

Didn't find anything, maybe there could be fridge in the room, but we knew that in advance.

Spacious and clean room, very good for the price. Right next to Premium outlets, in driving distance to LA or coast. For breakfast I strongly recommend "Eggs'n'things" in Camarillo, simply amazing.

• Room with Two Queen Beds

This was a very "bare bones" motel. No microwave or fridge, and not enough flat places (like a small table) to put down extra things. Only a small desk, the top of the TV cabinet, and the sink counter.

I was able to secure a room on the back side of the building away from the freeway. The Inn was centrally located and accessible to where I wanted to go. There was enough hot water, and the place was well insulated so it was quiet. I could always find a place to park right across from my door no matter the day or night.

• Room with Two Queen Beds

Beds were hard, room above us sounded like a team of Sumo's were wrestling and we called the front desk about them twice. There is no refrigeration or microwave or coffee machine in the room. Pool suddenly started closing at 8 instead of 10 pm as documented on website and pool sign. The price was insanely high for a basic room that was not very clean. Not at all satisfied with our stay. Needs fridge, microwave, coffee maker and conscientious guests, regular pool hours.

It was a place to sleep.

• Queen Room

Even though temp was in 70s, room was very stuffy, turned on the AC for some circulation, it smelled like mildew. Pillows were paper thin. No conditioner, shampoo only. no coffee in room (for the price I expected at least in room coffee)

Staff was friendly. Location was easy to find.

• Room with Two Queen Beds

When we arrive into out room,the a/c was not on and the room was really hot. Pretty much that's the only thing i didnt like.

The location next too shopping center.

• Room with Two Queen Beds

lighting in the rooms needed to be alot brighter. too dark and yellow which i found hard to study in as I was there to sit an exam the next day. also find lighting like that a little creepy

• Room with Two Queen Beds

There's nothing I didn't like about the property

This Is My third time staying at this property it's very clean everyone's friendly and it's close to the event I was in.

• Room with Two Queen Beds

Staff behaviors are not gently. And Door KEY's are not work. They gave 2 Room key ; one of them was never work. The other key worked after 20 times try. When we try to enter room everytime, We wait 5 minutes stand out side the door. The second day both key was died. When we talked with reception staf. He came and couldn't open too. After he changed keys and try several times than open. He said blaming us "you must try more" . At the reality I never Extra talk with staffs. But this time I need to solution but...

Location is fine

• Queen Room

VERY POOR water pressure, shower and sink. Bare bones room, below par when compared to Motel 6 across the freeway. Worst of all - WHERE'S THE 4-CUP COFFEE MACHINE!!!?? For a few more bucks, I'll stay somewhere else next time.

Good location. Convenient to freeway, Camarillo Airport, outlet mall, theaters, chain restaurants and In-N-Out burger ;-)

• Room with Two Queen Beds

We had really loud neighbors. No towels in the pool area. Spiders webs in the bathroom, room wasn't very clean in general. Some of the electrical plugs did not work.

Parking was easy.

• Room with Two Queen Beds

This is a horrible place with absolutely no amenities. Almost no television choices, terrible beds and bedding, tiny tv, a broken door lock, no jacuzzi, teeny pool with a filthy pool area, no coffee maker, no refrigerator, old old noisy wall unit air conditioner and no elevator if you are hauling luggage upstairs. All in all dirty and in poor repair

Very little except the check in staff

• Queen Room

I really didn't like anything about my stay. It's the worst hotel stay ever. No blow dryer or iron in room. You could hear the cars near the freeway. I've stayed in hotels near freeway and never had a problem with noise. I would never recommend this hotel. Rough night!

• Queen Room

I really cannot complain about anything. The rooms were clean. I felt safe-although the rooms open to the outdoors, and coffee and tea were available in the morning. no iron or ironing board in the room, but they were available in the office.

the staff were helpful and cordial. They were eager to meet my needs. parking was convenient, and rooms were clean. I liked having free wifi.

• Room with Two Queen Beds

The motel needs renovation. The air conditioner did not work well. It looks like you do your own linens and they should be sent out so they look clean!

Location, location, location! Parking was great and so was your staff!

• Room with Two Queen Beds

GPS didn't have it just right. Must have recently changed street? A little noisy but would expected due to excellent location.

Location, right next to large shopping center, outlets.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Room with Two Queen Beds

Our room was not cleaned. Had to go to front desk and get Clean towels and shampoo at 11pm when we returned from the wedding We attended. All I got in response from front desk was "Oh Sorry about that". There was no iron, no coffee maker, fridge or Microwave. Room was very primitive. Price should have been less For the lack of those amenities.

Price was ok. Should have been less.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Queen Room

The water smelled like sewer water very fowl smell. Saw small cockroaches . And very sketchy people walking around the complex , the free coffee was terrible

When I left

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

The room smelled. I think it was from the drain in the bathroom sink. I found a long hair, that wasn't mine, in the bathtub. Gross...

Friendly staff....

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Room with Two Queen Beds

No refrigerator, flat pillows, no nightlight for kids. And they wouldn't give us the Wi-Fi password, they told me I had to go on the web site to enter in the room number. But on the site there is no place to put it. Lame.

Great location. Walking distance to the outlet mall.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Queen Room

First of all, Booking.com will only give you a room with a queen bed even though I listed for a king. I needed a room with a refrigerator to keep my meds cold so they give me a "handicap" room in order to get the refrigerator. The room is Spartan at best. 1 queen bed, 1 bedside table, 1 desk and chair (looks like something from a garage sale), 1 campus style refrigerator, TV and a table for a stand. There are no accommodations for a second guest to place his/her belongings, ie. extra night stand and a place to put their luggage. I had to go to the office daily to get an extra pillow and bath towel because they have the mindset that only one person is staying in that room. Now for the bathroom: The shower spigot comes out of the wall at naval height with a hand held shower wand attached! I have the cleanest naval in town! Couldn't they install the shower head at a regular height with above mentioned shower wand attached for those who do not have a handicap issue? Also, the first day there we noticed a red substance on the shower curtain at shower faucet height as you reach in to turn on the shower. Blood? Don't know but the front desk sure got an earful. How can a cleaning crew let something like this get past them? They did replace the shower curtain though. Personal opinion: If you want to see what a 1980's Motel 6 looked like just visit this place. Otherwise, keep going on down the road.

Nothing. It was a holiday weekend so that was all that was all that was available. Motel 6 was probably a better facility.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

looking outdated. When we went to pay I could of gotten a better rate being military but I used your site thinking you gave me a great rate I was wrong, the manager said he could not give me the rate because I went through your site next time I should call them directly. Which I will do. Military Discount was a better rate!

The carpet was so old, and smelly we could hear the people next door and their TV.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Queen Room

Could have used a couple more pillows. Had an ADA room, it was a little bit tight to move my wife's 0ower chair round the room. We moved​ the bed so she could manuver to get in bed. Walk in shower was good floor a little bit slippery ever with the rubber mat. Bed was a little bit smaller than normal but comfortable. Could have been a couple of inches lower made it an uphill battle to slide from her chair to the bed. Suggest having a power chair next to the bed to measure high at lowest seat setting of chair to be almost level to the bed. Makes sliding across a lot easier. The room was otherwise clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

The smell of the room.

When we entered the room, it's smelled like methane gas. It just smelled nasty. And, there was a bottle of chocolate milk under the bed and it wasn't ours.

• Room with Two Queen Beds

The site said the room came with a refrigerator and microwave and it did not. We stayed 3 nights and our room was cleaned only 1 day with no trash being removed or beds made

Parking right in front of the room. Staff was pleasant. Extra towels were offered when expressed disappointment on room Not being cleaned

Browse Good Nite Inn Camarillo traveller photo gallery