Reviews of Good Nite Inn Redwood City 2 stars

485 Veterans Boulvard, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA

#6 of 16 hotels in Redwood City

Clean comfy room. Shame pool was closed.
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Shame the pool was closed on the two days we were staying. It was one of the reasons we chose the hotel so disappointed not to be able to use it.

Welcoming, helpful receptionist.

No breakfast but for the price its okay plus you get a...
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

No breakfast but for the price its okay plus you get a discount at the ihop in the same parking lot. Hotel room was clean and lady at the front was super friendly.

the hotel was easy to get to from the airport.

hotel

the hotel was easy to get to from the airport. The rooms were very nice as was the staff. Fee onsite parking was a plus, the IHop next door gave a 10% discount on breakfast which was nice, We will come back again next year.

Overall good option with minor inconveniences
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Minor inconveniences: No closet, not enough space to hang towels, shower didn't work perfectly, close to busy street, got random amount of towels (some day 3, some day 5), only breakfast option in the proximity is IHOP, air conditioning is on the floor and blows straight on one of the beds.

Cheap option in the bay area, big comfortable beds, all in all very decent room.

Staff was phenomenal they would clean our sheets everyday...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Monday morning at check out maintenance and house keeping were knocking on my door very loud. Check out wasn't until 11 am. I don't know why they would be banging on my door at 8am. I opened the door and they both apoligized. Please, take note and do not disturb guests until they are fully checked out. Thank you

Staff was phenomenal they would clean our sheets everyday without asking free of charge. Very clean rooms

Convenient location, friendly and helpful staff, clean nice...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Just right by the freeway and close to a small airport, will be noisy in some rooms. The whole hotel was undergoing renovations while we were there.

Convenient location, friendly and helpful staff, clean nice rooms.

Neat, comfortable, and perfect for a business trip.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

If you're not travelling by car, it's about a mile's walk to the train station and bus depot.

Recently renovated rooms are neat, clean and comfortable. Each room has a sliding door to a little balcony, and it's nice being able to open up to the outside. Large big-screen smart TV, and free coffee on tap in the reception throughout the day. Free Wi-Fi is excellent, and they offer a paid upgrade for high-speed teleconferencing and streaming.

Won’t stay ever again!
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Booked for Memorial Day week. Weather hot and we wanted to have use of pool. Was non cancellable reservation and wasn’t told till after I checked in , pool was non useable. No clock no closet no coffee machine first three days, noI washcloths for first 2 dsys, no soap dish, no deadbolt on door no mirror. All of this was observed after check in with no refunds! Never again!

New carpets, clean smelling room

• Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

There is a smell of wet rugs in the room and hallway, the pool was closed for the 3 days I stayed here. The linen was not fresh, it had dust on the covers.

We loved the location, the staff are friendly and courteous. The rooms have just been renovated.

I would stay here again

Well, the manager Jenny was lacking in basic customer service skills when we told them about the shower diverter not working properly and that our shower had no pressure. She was clipped in her response when she told us that there is no maintenance man until Monday (we stayed from Saturday to Monday). There was no customer service at all from her to resolve or show desire to resolve/remedy the issue. That is the only issue we had.

Everything else was great. The room was clean, the bed comfortable (for those who like softer beds), parking was good, and all the other staff were friendly. I don't require much from a hotel/motel; I require it to be clean, have a decent bed, and adequate water pressure in the shower. I would stay here again.

Convenience to the San Mateo Event Center, Verrry...
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The whole place smells weird- like an old building smell.

Convenience to the San Mateo Event Center, Verrry comfortable beds, clean and tidy facility

It was meh!
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The property was under construction. That information was not published on the booking site. It was noisy and ina disarray and the pool wasn’t operational.

The room had been remodeled and was clean and spacious.

Hotel is under heavy construction
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Stay May 7th - 8th 2018. I stayed the night here to save a little money while my daughter needed to have tests done at Stanford. I wish I would have spent the extra $50 for something else in the area. I have been trying to think of a positive but I can't think of anything. The hotel is under heavy construction. Caution tape and temporary fencing is up around the lobby, pool, and other locations on the property. Hallway smells of mold and something sour. Exterior doors do not lock or close completely staff stated they are not picky about safety and security. The room itself is clean but beds, bedding and pillows are horrible. My four year old daughter though it was raining. When I investigated it, it was a leak from the roof hitting the patio. The door to the patio had no lock. The refrigerator was too small to be useful . It would be able to hold two cans of coke. Hopefully you won't have leftovers. In my opinion this hotel needs to be closed during repairs and the staff needs to be more concerned about the condition of the hotel and the guests safety.

The room was comfortable.
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Breakfast and a lobby apt for "sitting in" while waiting for someone would have been nice; but the lobby is miniscule and only functional.

The room was comfortable. Parking spaces were always available. The 10% discount with IHOP was cool.

Ok for the one and only time I will ever stay in California but I wouldn't be stay there again

The room was extremely plain. For the price I would of expected at least a microwave and a couch or some art on the walls. Bare room. And construction killed the view and mood. Should of been notified that everything was under construction before I arrived. The pool is was a major part of my booking, totally closed due to construction. Not to pleased with that aspect.

I enjoyed the fact that the bed was made every day, I didn't not however enjoy the fact that they left dirty sheets on the bed after said bed making.

Close to exit/enter to HWY101
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Just happened to be the had renovations. The do not serve BF, instead IHOP. But would it be reasonable to pay $15 for pan cakes and tiny bacons and coffee?

Close to exit/enter to HWY101

Liked the location and the helpfulness of the staff.
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The weather was cold at night heater was so noisy it was very difficult to get a good night's sleep. Also although I understand that since we were staying 5 nights that the sheets wouldn't be changed and using the same towels wasn't an issue but when leave the hotel at 10 return at 4 and not even the trash is emptied this was not appreciated.

Liked the location and the helpfulness of the staff.

Good Value
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Motel/hotel was under renovation the time we checked in, entrances and pool not accessible. We stayed in 1st F room, and noise during midnights from upstairs disrupt sleeps very often. Free Wifi limited to 4 devices only per room.

Location very convenient for airport commute. Restaurants and shopping within 10-15 minutes drive.

For the price,cleanliness, comfort I would stay again.
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Tub was very slippery and even though there is a mat, for safety reasons they should have a grab bar. No elevator. First night stay one bed had a water bottle cap between the sheets, the other bed had long hair on the top sheet. The office apologized and our beds were clean for the other four nights we stayed and except for the beds the first night, room was very clean. No breakfast.

Clean, beds comfortable, newly refurbished.

Hotel was undergoing renovations, but remained clean and...
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The area the hotel is located is in more of a commercial are vs tourist area, definitely good if you are staying for business reasons or have family members in one of the nearby hospitals

Hotel was undergoing renovations, but remained clean and quiet.

Is very close to freeway and downtown.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Phone wasn't working at all. We told the staff and their answer was that they couldn't do anything about it. I also had issues with the shower, after we took a bath the water did not go down the drain when we told the staff they were supposed to send someone to fix it but they ignore the problem.

Is very close to freeway and downtown.

A renovated inn let down by poor housekeeping
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Poor housekeeping. My bed wasn't made on most days and bathroom wasn't cleaned either.

The rooms are renovated and the location is convenient for those travelling between North and South Bay.

Great value
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Pool is closed ( maintenance ) exterior looks like a sleazy motel but it’s very nice inside.

Very plea. Newly remodeled room. 24 hour IHOP on premises.

A perfect place to stop in the Bay area and go seeing SF ;-)
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was pretty spacious and clean and even had a balcony. WiFi connection was not so fast and limited only for four (4) devices but stable.

I would like to acknowledge the amazing customer service...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I would like to acknowledge the amazing customer service from the front desk, especially Jane.. very friendly, personable and accommodating. She definitely went above and beyond to make my stay amazing!

Short sweet & much needed.
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

I was actually looking into renting a room again in 2 weeks but noticed the pool is not available wish it would have said that on the website.

I always enjoy the staff during check in as well as check oit. So friendly.

Were in a newly renovated room - bed was comfortable, but...
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Could be a bit more stylish. Decor still a bit 60s - 70s.

Were in a newly renovated room - bed was comfortable, but still needed some updating. Location was excellent for our purposes.

Won't be back
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

When checking in I should have been told right out my patio balcony there was a disaster area of old wood, piles of concrete and a nasty empty pool. I should have been discounted for this view. As well as having to maneuver around construction and litter.

Very friendly staff, room was clean.

Convenient, comfortable. Just what we were looking for.
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Lots of construction on site, we didn't hear any noise from it since we were gone during the day, and our room was far away from it and very quiet. Hopefully this means a lot more rooms avail. in the future.

Nice quiet room, comfortable beds. Easy on and off the freeway. We were there to visit a family member in the hospital in Palo Alto (no affordable places there) Only took 5 minutes to get to Palo Alto on the freeway. Very friendly and accomodating staff. We ended up needing to stay an extra night and they were very helpful.

Reasonable price but very close to freeway.
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Remodeling in progress with some entry doors blocked. Many rooms look out on the freeway and is rather noisy. Parking lot seemed dark.

Nice staff and the room was large although there was no closet.

Second stay in ~a month.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Second stay in ~a month. Overall good but diverter in newly remodeled shower in both rooms did not divert completely so had water from both spigot and shower head.

The Good Nite Inn was a clean, comfortable, way to stay in a centrally located area during our stay.
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The lack of a microwave oven was disappointing. We were there for three days and it would have been nice to have had that convenience. We viewed the construction as a necessary inconvenience, however, once in the room and the patio door shut we couldn't hear construction or freeway noise.

We were in a newly remodeled room. The beds were very comfortable and the linens were crisp and clean. The bathroom was extremely clean, you could tell everything was new. We also liked that I-hop was right next door. The staff was very friendly and Renee was willing to go above and beyond to get me the help I needed one night. In fact all staff seemed pleased to help with anything we needed.

Bad booking
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Did not give me extra night to compensate for my booking error,so I thought I checked in sat,but charge for Friday night no one in the room,felt they could have given one night.

Rooms

Everything was fine, the room was good and clean and the...

Everything was fine, the room was good and clean and the staff was very responsive, one day I had a problem with my rented car and Jane was so nice to facilitate to me the phone so I could call the customer service

For what I paid for this place....not worth it at all. I'd rather sleep in my car.

This place is a disaster. Totally under construction. I forgot my Hazmat suit so I could't swim in the pool. No lamps? What hotel doesn't have bedside lamps for reading? No art on the wall? Boooring... it was nice enough that maybe this was Martha Stewart's jail cell. No fridge. No ice bucket. No good place to eat near by. No, no, no ,no, no... Sorry ya'll, this place suuuuucks.

The porter was nice and welcoming.

Not for business travelers.
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The sheets were not clean. House keeping merely dumped towels but did not clean my room and failed to replace soaps and coffee. I informed at manager at reception in the afternoon. When I returned in the night, my access card no longer worked and my room was still uncleaned!

The vending machine actually worked. The lady at reception gave me a cookie as consolation subsequent to narrating my issues with my stay; it was a welcome friendly gesture.

Room was clean.

No bedside lamp so that I could read while partner slept; had to ask for face towel (only 1 provided for two people), thought add promised king size bed (given queen).

Room was clean.

Nice place for short stay
    • Deluxe Queen Room

TV channels not enough, Noisy and poor soundproofing. I can hear the footsteps of people walking on 2nd floor and the corridor. The heating unit made intermittent loud noise. No nightlight.

Nice comfy bed, Clean and hassle free checkin checkout. Free wifi

I am very satisfied with the attention of Reenee in the...

I am very satisfied with the attention of Reenee in the hotel, she gave us a very warm welcome and I felt at home, the hotel facilities are very good, thanks for everything!

Comfortable, Affordable, Clean & Friendly Place to Stay At!!!

Nothing major...I was craving a soda, and the soda machine did not work. Maybe the TV could have had a louder volume to it.

Ladies, if you are like me and very much like having your makeup on point in the morning, the restroom has great lighting!!! It has a modern look and is definitely comfortable. The bed was comfy and I LOVE breakfast so I was very appreciative of the 10% discount to IHOP that Good Nite Inn gave me for staying at their establishment. :)

We will be back!
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The only thing I wish we had was a guide for the TV channels.

We were there for 1 night for a medical appointment at Stanford last week. The stay was so warm and welcoming that we will be back this week. We have a long road if appointments at Stanford ahead of us and this is our go to place.

Well worth the price!

There was a creepy guy hanging out on the stairwell balcony smoking. Wasn't sure if he was keeping an eye out for cars to break into or not.

For the price, I did not expect a lot. But, the place actual surprised me. I did not hear any noise from any other rooms the entire night. The bathroom had been completely renovated and was nice. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful! I would stay here again.

Very nice.

The room had been newly renovated but not aired out for chemicals in flooring, paint, etc. I had an all night asthma attack. We finally opened the patio slider to let fresh air in. Problem solved.

Loved the lighted mirror in the bathroom and the patio area off room. Very delightful. $$$ was awesome! And the coffee in the lobby is awesome.

We will be back. We stay here when i have a medical appt. Friendly staff & clean room!

I would’ve liked a floor length mirror to check my outfit before i left😊

Clean fresh room. Staff is always friendly & quick check in. Bathroom was well lit for applying my make up.

Very close to the medical facility I was visiting.
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Pillows could use an upgrade, but good enough for a night.

Very close to the medical facility I was visiting. Room was clean, staff was very friendly (night shift and morning) - appeared to be happy to be there:).

Staff was rude, the process of paying for the rooms was very...

Staff was rude, the process of paying for the rooms was very difficult. I purchased 4 rooms for a holiday party, confirmed everything the night before and when our employees showed up the front desk employee was very curt. Took me 45 minutes to get them authorization to enter the rooms.

Room was spacious and recently renovated.

The A/C unit is noisy and turns off and on repeatedly during the night. The wireless was quite slow---OK for email and browsing, not good enough for skype.

Room was spacious and recently renovated. Price was incredible.

Very economical and close to bay area.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Please provide comforter in the room. We had to pick it up from the front desk.

Remodeled rooms were ergonomically comfortable and good. Location of Good Night Inn is close to San Francisco airport and bay area.

Very pleased with the property.
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Parking was a problem for me. I was visiting daughter at Stanford Hospital & getting back to motel around 11 pm. Handicap spaces were taken & had to park a ways away.

Clean room, large room

I will not stay here at the Good Nite again!! Dirty rooms rude staff
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

I didn’t like the staff they were very rude and short with me the carpet and bed was very dirty I was so upset. The bathroom was very old looking also when I spoke to a manager he literally told me to “talk to the hand” it was a very strange experience.

The room was spacious and modern looking. There is an I Hop connected to the side of the hotel so midnight snacks and hearty breakfast is near by

The staff was very friendly, nice landscaping they are...

nothing really

The staff was very friendly, nice landscaping they are remodeling the new rooms are nice. Loved the bathroom mirror. I was there for a medical appointment and the facility is 1/2 mile from the office. There is also an IHOP next door.

Great Staff, Great location, IHOP is walking distance... What more could you want?

I loved the location, right off the freeway, IHOP is right next door. The staff was accommodating at all hours. We arrived late around 2 am to check in and she was kind and helpful. The rooms are large and well appointed. I love the remodel. There is still some work occurring on the property but it did not affect our stay at all. Parking is easy, there are more than enough spaces to go around. The pool is beautiful and each room has a balcony. Ours was pool facing, that was a nice quiet touch. LOVE the bathroom mirrors, high-quality bright light. Next time I stay in Redwood City, It will be here.

Clean but not a great nights sleep. Hearing unit is way too loud.

The bed only had a sheet like blanket. I was cold. Also the heating unit is soooo loud! Hard to sleep.

Gal at the front desk was exceptional. Very friendly and professional. Felt like we became friends in the few min it took me to check in. Comfortable bed & Pillows, TV, newly painted room, very clean

Wonderful Stay!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Everything. Exceptional staff. Brand new rooms are sparkling clean equipped with everything you need. Ultra comfortable beds. Loved the upgraded HD cable TV. Hotel offered us a FREE room upgrade since we're regular customers. Thank you.

This hotel was adequate and I will stay there again.
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The bathroom fixtures were kinda dated and didn’t match the room.

The room was large and spacious. It was also very modern looking and clean. There was an attached I hop 24 hrs

Good economical motel if you have a car.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Access is a bit complicated with the location right next to the freeway. Interior design is soulless, even in the new section. No closet space.

IHop next door was great for breakfast.

I book on line for 8 and they gave me 2 rooms with only 1...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I book on line for 8 and they gave me 2 rooms with only 1 bed each room I went to the office to see if they could fix it and they gave me 1 extra room for free.. Tanks for fixing the mistake for us

Best Deal In Town!
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Door slammings day and night because no door springs.

My father and I stay here monthly to visit a sick family member. It's the best deal in Belmont/Redwood if you need 2 beds. Great staff. Free wifi. Brand new rooms. Ultra comfy beds. Balcony. Pool area. Very Clean. New towels and linen. Fridge. Rod & hangers for clothes. Cable TV. There's very light remodeling & freeway noise with our balcony door open.

Relaxing,pleasant,pretty,poolside,gardens.

Just me but the bed was a little hard.

Redwood City is so lovely. All you need is right at hand. Good nite Inn is in a perfect location. Close to the city but away from the hustle and bustle. The ihop next door is a huge plus and one of the staff there remembered us from last year. We won’t stay anywear else.

IHOP is next door, 10% discount. Cheap hotel got what I paid for. Restless sleep.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Microwave is NOT in Room had to go to pool area to use which, was next to the only ice machine. Smoking area is surrounded by gas pipelines, I took pic, cockroach in bathroom, have pic and out side security doors didn't work. I stayed alone and felt unsafe.when mentioned to clerk she arguably said it did work. I had her follow me and showed her. She called maintance to no avail. Doors were unlocked all night! I asked about rating and clerk deletes bad reviews. Expedia rated 3, Google rated 1 and booking 4.6! Booking is rating too high.

Bed was comfortable and small balcony.

Improved and worth the money

It's still a Good Nite Inn - don't expect a lot of extra amenities. Double room with two queen beds rates 2 bath towels.

We have stayed at this property several times in the past, with rather poor experiences overall. During our last stay (a year ago), they were starting to remodel. We decided to give it one last try. The remodeled rooms are a spectacular improvement. They are clean and neat (though a little spartan). Bathroom fixtures are all first rate with a porcelain tub with tile surround and large properly lit mirror. The remodel is ongoing - so the number of available rooms is limited and undoubtedly - some of the "old" rooms are still available.

Pleasant One Week Stay
    • Deluxe Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

A $20 portable rack/rod/hangers for our clothes would've made our stay more comfortable.

Great staff. Free wifi. Brand new rooms. Ultra comfy beds. Balcony. Pool area. Very Clean. New towels and linen. Quiet room. Very light remodeling & highway noise.

Comfortable and Clean Accommodation
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Difficult with suitcases & bags up & down stairs with no lift.

Very clean & tidy, bed comfortable and room has been refurbished. They are renovating but in a different area closed off so didn't bother us. The rooms are nice and good value. Would stay again visiting if SF.

Renovated rooms are perfect
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

First two nights we were located in a old room. The corridor was full of dust, they were doing some works

Haba the recepcionist, finally changed our room the last night to a much nicer and bigger room. Tip, ask for renovated rooms facing the pool

Allright place if you need to be close to the airport.

The room was new and big, but not entirely finished yet. The bathroom door wouldn't close and the room still needed some minor finishing touches.

Close to the airport and the woman at the counter was the friendliest and most accomodating person we met in our whole vacation. Great service.

Good for an overnight stay.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Traffic noise make it difficult to relax here. Rooms require updating.

Location is close to Hwy, making it a good place for an overnight stop. Good breakfast restaurant right next door. Priced reasonably. Friendly staff.

The receptionist was friendly and helpful.

They were in a middle of construction. We had no hot water for shower for one night. The plumber alao failed to come in time, which made our stay a bit unpleasant.

The receptionist was friendly and helpful. Place is very clean.

Relaxing
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The location is further from the airport than I expected while it cost 18-25 USD for an uber ride. It will be really nice if there's an airport shuttle.

The staff are friendly and the pool is good. A nice relaxing stay after a long flight.

For the money this place i feel was not worth it. i have stayed at a motel 6 that was better.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The Refrigerator did not work so had to wait a day to get another one. No coffee pot in the room. The patio door did not have a good way to lock it securely. Someone could have broke the chain to get into the room without much effort.

I liked the location of the Good Nite Inn. I also liked the outdoor pool.

It was not restful. Will never stay here again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

First of all, the room we got had 2 queen beds when i had booked for 1, the room had a phone but no cord attached to anything so it was useless, ironing board with no iron, at around 7-8 in the morning they started construction in a room above ours and woke us up to the sound of things crashing and being thrown into a dumpster right outside our window, i called to let the front desk know (had to use my own cell phone since we didnt have a phone in our room), didnt stop and when i looked outside there was sheetrock all over our patio. Had to ask for a late check out because we didnt sleep well at all.

the beds were clean

They checked us in early so we were able to get ready for...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The ac shut off when we left and when we returned to our room it was 84° hot and stuffy. The pool closes at 9 wish it closed at 10.

They checked us in early so we were able to get ready for my uncle's funeral. They even gave us an upgrade for the same price. It was quiet and close to where we needed to be. The pool area was nice. Front desk staff was very nice. I would definitely stay there again.

Close to airport

They were renovating the floor below our room, and noise continued until late in the evening. It would be better if the guests stay in different buildings of the hotel. This would be an easy solution as the hotel was not fully booked.

Room was very big and had a small balcony. Hotel is close to the highway and the airport. The lady at the front desk was friendly and helpful.

bargen basement

they were in the process of remodeling so we were told to go through the office when we went to our room. On the 4th the office was closed and we had to get a key for the gate. Having families walk through the pool area to get to there room isn't safe. The hall celling had wires exposed.

Upon arrival we were offered a brand new renovated room,...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Renovations were still ongoing, of which we were not informed at the time of booking this hotel. It resulted in some noise and dusty hallways.

Upon arrival we were offered a brand new renovated room, which looked really nice. Hotel guests get 10% discount at the IHOP next door.

A good deal for the price
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The chair at the table in the room was not comfortable for me, a short person.

The lady at the front desk in the morning for checkout was very nice; IHOP is next door and they gave me a discount when I showed my room card.