Reviews of Good Nite Inn Sacramento 2 stars

25 Howe Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95826, USA

#51 of 78 hotels in Sacramento

Dirty bathroom floors corners were full of muck which attracted several cockroaches throughout my stay I think they save money my washing with just water not cleanser One of the beds smelled like dirty diapers thank goodness I ghad a second bed

Really old ran down room The telephones in the rooms cost more to use than the room itself at check out time I was told I owed $45 for using the phone locally. The phone charges are posted nowhere

Standard motel about 15mins by car from downtown Sacramento; clean and large rooms, comfy bed, free parking; good Wifi. Has a little pool too. Perfectly fine if just need a place to crash

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Parking is a hassle. Security guard bombards you the minute you pull up. If there are two vehicles that need to park the hotel will charge you an extra $25. Did not find this out until check in. But there was plenty of parking available on the property. Rip off.

Clean comfortable room....

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

That it didn't have a mini fridge or a microwave in the room. You couldn't take no food or drinks back to the room. The room had a weird smell

The room was ok for the price

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

A hedge gate blocks all pedestrian walking to the sidewalk. You have to walk in the driveway which is dangerous for visually impaired and blind guests. How do you get into the pool? It's gated. Could you let us know about the coffee in the morning. No nearby restaurants. Unless you like freeway hopping.

Decent look. Not trashy. Clean mostly. Nice lobby.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The gate was not working each time we tried to enter. We had to get out of the car and go into the office so they could open the gate. When we entered the room it was okay except for the bathroom smelled like urine like the floor was not thoroughly cleaned. The floor of the bathtub looked dirty like it wasn’t scrubbed at all. There was caked up dirt in corners on the bathroom floor that was not cleaned. The bed was a bit firm but okay. It was okay for the price but could have been cleaner.

Large room!

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Roughest sheets I’ve ever tried to sleep on. Large room but only chair was the hard wooden desk chair. No coffee pot in room or in lobby 😭

Gated parking. Ample sized room

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

When I first booked, I specified that I wanted a lower level room and they put me on the 3rd floor.

Close to the college which is why I was in sacremento.

You can hear everything. There are three floors and you can hear the top floor from the bottom. No microwave in the room, have to use one in the lobby. Highway is right outside.

Gated parking area. Limited parking. No visitors after 8 P.M. Rooms were clean, nice for a one day stay, maybe two if the occasion calls for it.

No refrigerator. But I new that going in.

Very quiet. Bedd were very comfortable and roomy. I did not use the Wi-Fi and did not us genius parks, was not aware of gp it so can't rate. It was a really great stay for my elderly mom and me. Felt safe and felt the staff cared about customers having a pleasant restful stay.

Hotel room, especially the bathroom was super dirty with dirt piles that have been swept into the corners but never cleaned/scrubbed. Room was musty and the bare minimum. First night there was an extremely loud party going on and management nor security did anything. In the morning the office told us security only monitors the gate and vehicle traffic and that's all.

It was a place to sleep.

Too noisy. You can hear the street, you can hear people talk outside. The bed jumps every time someone passes by your room.

Staff was very responsive to complaints about the neighbors at 1AM.

Stay up mostly the night due to hotel guests above us throwing a party be loud , fighting and rap music playing playing loud! Bathroom vent cover almost falling on me ! Room carpet smelled !

Parking

It would help if there was a light in the room that could be made very bright but near a chair, so it would be easier to read.

Two really important good things. 1. The bed was very, very comfortable. 2. Robert was the desk clerk when I arrived about ten p.m. on May 4th at the Good Nite Inn on Howe Avenue in Sacramento. He was beyond excellent! I had spend all day getting all my belongings into a moving van and I was exhausted. Robert walked me through the check-in process, explained everything to me, found me a really convenient parking place, found me a ground-level room, and showed me several times on the map where it was, because I was so tired I could not absorb the information. Robert made all the difference in my stay. He is fantastic!

Parking is a premium, so come early and check in. Some guests don't abide by the non-smoking rule and others tend to party harty well beyond reasonable hours.

The front desk is always pleasant and willing to accommodate requests. The room is fresh and clean, new mattresses, new doors, and always fresh towels every day. There is roaming security and the exterior is highly maintained.

The property was a true non smoking property...and it really was a nice change from properties that advertise they are but really are not e.g. Motel 6

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

People fighting and yelling all night above us and next door. I guy punched another guy into our door. My husband and I went out to eat, when we came back there was a group of people smoking pot and drinking next to our room. Never would I recommend this place.

No hot water, just warm. Cold bath. Couldn't reach handle to turn on water from in tub. Doors and chairs ALL squeaked. T.V. sucked. Couldn't adjust screen. Many "surprise" rules.

Very safe vehicle parking. My car was in direct view of security at gate non stop. Gated. Great location. Denny's is next door.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Noise. We were located on the quiet side of the building, but still heard traffic noise and other guests above us. Entrance to the property is difficult if you miss the entry driveway. Parking limited near room location.

Location convenient to the purpose of trip. Bed was comfortable and room was clean.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

We loved that it was secure and got a bottom room without asking because of our baby. The rooms were very quiet, clean and comfortable. We will definitely if ever in Sacramento again.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

It is a very loud location. It’s near an industrial area and the trucks coming and going were very loud. I would have liked more blankets.

The room was clean, I liked the gated parking and the front desk guy was friendly. It is a no frills place that is a good value.

We asked desk staff for a quiet room, he put us in a room directly across from the stairs and ice machine, building shakes when people walk on the stairs, room smelled like mold

Bath tub was nice

Didn't come by car and it was pretty far from the center. Then brown-colored throws and the carpets didn't seem 100% clean.

Good price. Cleanliness OK.

No wheelchair access from the gated parking lot to the office and rooms.

Great value! Rooms are clean and comfortable. Staff is hospitable and responsive.

The man at the front was rude and arrogant. The bathroom was filthy. We didn't feel safe or like valued customers. There were loud guests all night... seems to be the party/hooker motel.

It was somewhat on our route

Many of the guests seemed like ghetto people, and my wife didn't feel comfortable staying there. It seems like a rough neighborhood at night, but appears to be a nice enough neighborhood during the daytime. While taking our things up to our room, a window was open in a nearby room, and I saw a couple with a little girl in the room. Our card keys didn't work, so I had to go to the office to get them fixed. While my wife and daughter were waiting outside of our room for me to return, the parents from the other room I had seen into came out and smoked a joint and drank hard alcohol together right by my wife and 3 year old daughter. It is supposed to be a non-smoking hotel, but the smell of marijuana was everywhere, and our room smelled like it had previously been smoked in. People were smoking both marijuana and regular cigarettes everywhere, and out of all of the many smokers, only one guest was actually using the designated smoking area. I'm from Washington state, where we legalized marijuana before California did, and I am fine with people enjoying themselves in private, but it doesn't belong in public places intended for families, and definitely not in the presence of my 3 year old child. If people want to enjoy the privilege of legalized marijuana, that's fine, but act like a responsible adult and keep it away from children and families, where it clearly doesn't belong. Our cable TV also seemed to have very fuzzy reception, almost like it was being received by an antenna. Our bathroom door didn't have a lock. Although the property was clean and well maintained outside, the online photos fail to show the security gate or tattoo covered marijuana smoking guests, or drugs being tossed over the security fence from outside, so this is a classic example of a motel that posts great looking photos online that do not reflect the experience you will actually have there.

The property was clean and appeared to be well maintained outside. The guy at the front desk seemed friendly and responsible when we checked in. Our room seemed clean. The location was near a Target Supercenter, which was helpful to us, because after driving all day, we needed to buy some food and drinks.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the fact that every time I rebooked my room for another night and asked housekeeping for service they haggled me by asking me "you pay"? What kind of question is that? "Of course I paid"! Smh!.. I felt harassed. Not good for business. Just saying.

Bed and pillows are comfortable.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

bed not as comfy as prior stays, loud guests after hours as in 2 am running around loudly

great office staff, housekeeping always smiling, fresh towels, working ice machine

Bare minimum motel room but very clean and priced perfectly for what is offered - a safe, clean place to stay for the night. Recommended for anyone looking to spend less than $65 for two beds, cable and wi-fi.

My room did smell like cigarettes which was very irritating to my sinuses and made it difficult to sleep. My kids didn’t like the smell either. There was no mini fridge. I guess I missed that detail when I booked.

The room was clean and actually nice for the price.

If I had more time off work to stay longer! Just down for the day for Hospital UCDavis tests for grandchild, next time may get to stay longer!

The shower was fabulous! Most showers are slow and very "light" this one was super strong and hot water truly excellent!the beds were perfect, have not slept this great for a long time. Very LOW outside sounds, too. Excellent stay.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Unexpected $50 security deposit and I was forced to use my bank debit card instead of cash.

Unexpected $50 security deposit a Over all actually GR8 because they had security to protect our vehicles and the place was nice and quiet. Much BETTER than Super 8 and Motel 6 but just slightly below America's Best Inn.

Only micro-wave on property was in office. We parked in the secured parking zone. A maintenance man happened to be nearby and manhandled the luggage dollie from the parking surface to the sidewalk. When we left, we just pushed it off the sidewalk and it bounced down to the asphalt. A ramp should be available in the secured area. Handicapped parking outside secured parking zone. Why?

Very clean. Desk personnel very cheerful. Quiet

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

There is no fridge in the room. In the right side of the building you can get a really noisy room so it’s hard to sleep in the morning.

The room is clean. Stuff is good and friendly.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

How paper thin the floors are. You can hear everything, luckily the freeway cars and ambulance sirens make enough background noise to drown out anything else you might have to listen to.

Sweet location, right off the freeway and walking distance from a few gas stations and fast food like Wendy's and El Pollo Loco. The room was very clean and spacious. Super cozy and super good price for booking it on such a day as valentine's. Definitely use again

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom was either old or dirty, kind of like a public bathroom. I was hoping it’d be a little cleaner.

The check-in and out staff was superb. I can’t remember her name but I loved her.

Was told had security but got woke up at 4am cuz somehow someone slipped in and was able to pound on my door and scare my family when I called front desk a little old lady had to deal with it n I was told security left at 4am

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

A clock and an iron would have been nice.

The staff went above and beyond. They really helped me out with Uber when my phone would not get reception there.

They need a jacuzzi I guess, haha but still great.

I loved how cooperative the staff is and they did everything they can to make my stay more welcoming.

I can't said I did not like anything because I like everything about my stay and like I said the staff was very nice

The staff was real nice and I like that and I really appreciate

Getting there from the south is a little difficult as there is no turn into the property from that direction.

The room was very clean and the bed pretty comfortable. Overall not a bad deal. I will go back.

With the weather change, extra blankets or comforter in the room would have been nice. Not understanding why the room a/c / heater turns on automatically and then blows cold for 15 minutes, then heats up the room. It is a bit noisy, but that is drowned out by the plethora of emergency vehicles that go full lights and sirens, at all time of the night. No matter where you stay- it will be heard. Not the hotels' fault - just the location.

the king side bed is great and comfy.

The sheets on the bed were dirty. The coverlet smelled funky. Needed to be washed. I do not think the people cleaned my room. The bath tub was not very clean.

got some tea on morning. Access to highway 50.

Well u took a deposit on my card and the card i put it on can’t be returned and i called to tell ur employee and the lady was rude and hung up on me and now I’m out that $50 for my deposit

I liked that it’s gated more protection

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Parking was little tight . The room smelled of some cheap air fresher when we entered. We couldn't stand it for sometime. Otherwise clean and comfortable

Check in was good. Comfortable room .clean

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

noise- (traffic) noisy neighbors, homeless folks hanging around the dumpsters and right outside the property line.

very clean and comfy beds. Check in staff always pleasant and helpful

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Facility is old and noise. Hotel at freeway off ramp and can hear freeway noise as if you were sleeping in middle of freeway. Room has NO sound barrier. Can hear every noise from outside. There was a gap in the door that allowed the light, the cold and the noise in. Gap was large enough, so that if you put your face to it, you could see into the room. We stuffed the gap with of the room towels. There is no fridge, microwave, coffee maker, or ironing board in room. And hotel provides only two towels for two people. Had to go to office to get more. They could not bring them to room. Carpet in room needs replaced. Although it looks as housekeeping vacuums the room, the carpet is old and dingey looking. I do not think I would stay there again.

Staff was friendly

I like about everything but it's not nothing that I do not like!

I like just about everything but I wish I didn't have to paid so much and you would think that they would had gave me a good discount since I been here for 6 days!

The desk person spoke so softly and rapidly I needed to ask her to repeat a couple things.

Location was good for our needs. It was quiet. The price was reasonable for what we got.

No minibar, no microwave and no breakfast. You can hear all the steps from the room above you...all night long... this can be really annoying.

It is easy to find it and park. Fair room.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Noisy traffic, emergency vehicles. Unfortunately when you are along side a major thoroughfare, you have to take the good with the bad. Parking sometimes can be tough especially when arriving late- as in after 6 PM. This is a popular facility with limited spaces.

The front desk staff always helpful, on this visit Ashika was beaming with smiles and had my checkin information already printed out and prepared. Housekeeping keeps my rooms cleans and towels fresh.

There was no coffee in the room. I was not informed prior to checking in there was a $50 .00 security deposit which was suppose to have been released the day of checkout. Then deduct it from my bank on the next day.

not much

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

As a non-smoker, never to have been a smoker I was charged $50 the total amount of my deposit for following the rules placed by this hotel. I have had asthma from childhood and have a difficult time breathing o begin with. As if this wasn't bad enough a few years ago was hospitalized to have my lungs drained while under going a transplant. There is no way on Earth I would ever put a cancer stick anywhere near me let alone smoke. The place picked the wrong guy to try and screw out of a deposit. When I was leaving I overheard a couple with the same problem. So, I now thinking it's a regular scam they play on customers. I had asked if was charged the deposit and was told no. Only to find out was and I've been band from all locations, like i would ever stay with them gain. I've tuned the matter over to my bank, Wells Fargo. Which I hold in the highest regard for here customer service

The ability to book thru your website

There was no fridge or microwave in our room, and no breakfast provided by the facility. When you’re doing a road trip for a month, this makes it a lot harder to plan for meals.

The bed was comfortable.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The only negative - and this is actually also a positive- is their location. Right off the freeway and on a major busy street. So we get a lot of truck traffic and emergency vehicles at night. There isn't anything the hotel can do about that.

Desk staff always are there to assist with check in and extra blankets ( it is getting colder). Housekeeping does an outstanding job in cleaning the room

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

No much else. Location is an issue with traffic, but that is also its plus- ez on and ez off the freeway.

The room was very clean and housekeeping was very prompt in changing out the towels. Overall the outside of the facility was well kept and very clean.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Parking is limited. The location- right off the freeway is a bit noisy and the emergency vehicles that go off all night long- but that isn't something the hotel can change.

As a frequent guest, they make check in and check out a breeze. Paperwork is already done, sign in and go. That simple. Housekeeping is always ready with extra towels and pillows . Because of the weather change, Housekeeping has extra comfy blankets.

Where the smoking area is at night time is kind of scary because I'm a woman and it's bad for walking around and anything can happen I feel like I need to have more light around there so people can see

The location and that's a nice area

For the one's that smoke like me. Not to be able to smoke outside the room. And have to go to parking lot. Payed more than what it said on booking.com

It was nice and clean.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The traffic is on going night and day. Emergency vehicles likewise are constantly running up and down- and it does interfere with good sleep pattern. The local garbage truck comes in loudly at 3:30 am- and doesnt try to hide its function, Bang, Bang, Boom!!

the king bed was wonderful , cool and comfy. Room spacious and very clean. Housekeeping even sprayed a nice scent in the room

I think a refrigerator and microwave I the room would have made our stay perfect... I use insulin and it needs to be refrigerated... Also if one is staying more than a week these items could be very helpful... But thank you none the less...

I appreciated that the room was non smoking... Maid was very nice and helpful... Thank you for all

The staff make sure that all your needs are met and their management is superb they go out of their way to make sure that you're very comfortable and that all your needs are met

Well maintenance and the staff makes you feel as if you're not on a stay that you're at home without being tucked in

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Traffic noise, very close to the highway. The bed mattress was not very supportive. Not good ventilation - if I want to open the window, I have the noise from the highway and people walking by can see into the room.

Affordable

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Staff was unorganized and we had to find a bank and transfer money to pay due to site stating that we could pay cash. Staff said the site was wrong. Also no refrigerator or microwave as stated on booking. People yelling and security guards talking loudly all night.

Room was clean

Quality of coffee could have been better.

Facility was clean, but a smell of excessive detergent & ammonia sort of give a wrong impression. Conveniently access. Good for a night or two trip in Sacramento region. Plus, you have 24 hours gas station just next door.

we still have issue with homeless folks wandering the premises at night. security is there, but they can only be in one spot at a time not a knock on the property but on the general area. parking is a challenge for late arrivals, but there is plenty of room.

the staff helpful and smiling. i love the advance check in makes my day thst all the paperwork is done beforehand. the front staff genuinely like seeing return customers, you can see it in their eyes and smile

Walls were thin, very noisy. Other guests getting in to neighboring rooms late at night, almost sounded like they were trying to open our door then once inside their room, moving around and talking was as if they were in the same room. Was a little scary as I was traveling alone with my two daughters. No breakfast. No coffee maker or microwave in room though they do offer coffee and use of a microwave in the lobby during certain hours.

The beds were very comfortable, room was clean, and price was affordable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Good for a place to shower and rest before you head back on the road.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was large and satisfactory. The major problem was the location. It is on a very busy intersection so lots of traffic and noise. Lots of large trucks, cars and motorcycles created an extensive amount of noise. The only time it was quiet enough to sleep was 1AM-5AM. Because of that major problem I would not sty there again

Great value

Not the easiest location to get around owing to traffic and right turn only upon exiting. WiFi is very slow (agreed with by staff).

Probably the most comfortable motel bed I've ever slept in. Room seemed very clean.

Poor customer service, sheets weren't washed, Loud noises from the road across, Don't have an iron or fridge, bathroom corners probably never got washed (black and brown stuff)

pool was great, room was clean (not really clean but clean enough)

Very difficult to find good restaurants in the vicinity. Lots of traffic.

The girl at the front desk was friendly and the room had clean laminate flooring. Good WiFi.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Location is a bit of a problem. The property is right off the freeway , so during commute hours, it is hard to get in and out of the property.

Overall, this facility continues to upgrade it rooms and listens to recommendations by travelers for more comfort. Rooms are clean, and housekeeping always gives you fresh smelling and clean towels. The Front desk staff is always there to help with check in and customer requests.

We'll the Manager kacheif tried to accuse me of something that I didn't like the guy who helped me out put the wrong room number and on my receipt was a different number staff made a mistake.so I didn't like how I was treaded

Little minor things, gate didn't work a couple of times. It would have been helpful to have a refrigerator and microwave in the room.

Service was quick staff was helpful

Browse Good Nite Inn Sacramento traveller photo gallery