Reviews of Good Nite Inn Salinas 2 stars

545 Work Street, Salinas, CA 93901, USA

#11 of 18 hotels in Salinas

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

Plain room, nothing fancy

We were requested a deposit which came back in the bank account long after we left the Good Nite Inn. Noisy room - we could hear the cars on the road.

Nice lady at the reception desk

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Tidy linnens and Starbucks near

Place is not so cosy, most of visitors are people with social problems. Reception staff is suspicious about the guests and checking bank cards and after charge refundable 50$. It is not nice, however knowing most of visitors of this motel such procedure seems to be obvious.

Tidy linnens and Starbucks near

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

The staff was professional and friendly.

The car alarms going off in the middle of the night.

The staff was professional and friendly. The room was clean and quiet. Except for a rash of car beeper alarms going off throughout the night, which made it sound like someone was trying to break into the cars. Mine was fine.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Staff are very driendly!

Staff are very driendly! Beds are not properly made and looks like beddings were not changed. We book in a non smoking room but smells cigarette. Staff is very nice and change the room for us.

Just another budget motel

Musty odor throughout room, loud neighbors with thin walls, door was falling off the hinges, cleanliness was passable only. For $120 a night it wasn’t worth it when we got a suite at GSR in Reno the next night for $130

Simple place to sleep while at the nearby Laguna Seca Racetrack

2 nights of a bed, a shower, but an otherwise bland stay at this motel.

So much room they could have had a proper sofa and table, but those extras were not in our room. No coffee maker, microwave, or small fridge in our room. Our ground level room was subject to a lot of noise from nearby car traffic, and housekeeping staff who were mustering right beside us.

Generally a clean, modern place. Room was spacious, and our king bed was comfy.

Isabel at the front desk!

Isabel at the front desk was a dream!! Very accommodating. House keeping left a dirty bed for us. Isabel gave us clean sheets. There's a lot of come and go at 2-4 in the morning. The tub and shower were clean. Decent rate.

Isabel at the front desk!

Love the front desk service isabel is awesome.

The only thing I didn't like was housekeeper didn't clean my room

Love the front desk service isabel is awesome. Very helpful,responsible,reliable,always smiling.

I wouldn’t like to stay there’s ever again. The room was outdated and small.sevice was bad

The staff did not clean the room upon leaving the following morning. When I requested the room to be cleaned the staff told me they couldn’t and I had pick up the towels myself. I was traveling with children and the elevator didn’t work which was a major bummer since I bought a Stroller. I wish I could give this place zero stars

NOthing

I would probably stay here again .

It had a little details on carpet if only they removed it and have wood floors would look more fancy.

Near a good area good price and Starbucks. At the same lparking lot location .

Worthwhile stay for value and comfort

Cleanliness could have been better and other patrons were noisy at night. No breakfast (continental) was a bummer.

Parking good and easy, early check-in helpful and quiet in the depth of the night.

thanks for you hard work.

The price, I booked 2 weeks before and I consider over priced. Needs more parking space for regular car, no info if we can park our car in Truck(trailers) area.

everything was great.

Exceptable stay

The bugs in the sink. The noice outside. Police arresting a prostitute in the parking lot.

Price was fair. The overall looks of the building were good.

Don’t ever go to good Nite Inn in Salinas California .

The General Manager, Dev, was horrible and the the cleanliness was absolutely unacceptable. They charge my card for the first 10 days $1,200 On the first day of my 10 day stay and did not even tell me they were charging me ahead a time did not use the card that I wanted them to use for my business account and so it messed my business account up.? When I complained he refused to switch the payment on the cards. And he was very mean and disrespectful and discourteous to me when I spoke with his manager she said he made an error and should’ve switched the cards. the cleanliness was absolutely unacceptable. Plus he laughed at me when he saw that I was stupid over because my back was hurting. He was mean. The bathtub was I swear to do you black N the toilet bowl was not clean for 10 days and had a big dark staying around it and the floor when I walked barefoot put more than 10 minutes made the soles of my feet black. On top of it all 3 times the room attendant left my door cracked open because the door was not able to close completely and when I complained they did not fix the door.. It was unbelievable and I swear to you everything I’ve said is true. I moved my situation to the Quality Inn and it is 10 times better than a good night in so don’t stay there especially on a business trip or for a long period of time on for more than one or two days it’s disgusting And the manager is unreasonable and mean. It’s disgraceful call that place a decent place of business.

The location was OK and that it was near Starbucks was good..

I wouldn't stay again in this hotel. I didnt feel very comfortable.

The beds are uncomfortable, there was no microwave or fridge inside the hotel room. The blankets were very thin.

The only thing I liked about this hotel was it was cheap.

My stay was okay.

There's no mini fridge or microwave in the rooms. I wasn't told they give out coffee and tea In The morning. Or any information about the hotel. I saw a roach in my room the 1st night behind the TV.

The staff. Nice and friendly.

Antonia was extremely helpful.

This location did not have breakfast. It did have coffee and tea.

Antonia was extremely helpful. We have been driving for 3 hours, we arrived early and she did her best to provide a room for us. Thank you.

Low budget hotel with a decent pool

They cancelled our reservation we made through booking.com before we arrived. They then booked us again for a price that was significantly higher. Apparently you must check in by 8 pm or you risk losing your reservation. We arrived at 8:10 pm.

Internet was good and overall a comfortable stay.

We ordered a room for 2 adults and one child 15 years.

We ordered a room for 2 adults and one child 15 years. They offered us a room with 1 single bed. After discussion they blamed booking.com and requested 75 Dollar on top to have a 2 bed room. Never again!!!

As soon as I checked in, we flushed the toilet and it...

As soon as I checked in, we flushed the toilet and it immediately over-flooded, causing water to go all over the bathroom floor. Instead of first sending maintenance, front desk gave me a plunger to fix it myself!

Staying in Salinas rather than Monterrey saved us $70 a...

Staying in Salinas rather than Monterrey saved us $70 a night for comparable lodging when my wife and I took our three young sons to the Monterrey Bay Aquarium.

No hot tub, and the picture on the internet show a hot tub.

No hot tub, and the picture on the internet show a hot tub. My son has a bone disease and we try to stay in places that include a hot tub because he uses it for pain management .

Nice motel in a good location.

Only weird thing (not standard for motels) is that they took deposit. A bit noisy outside.

Nice motel in a good location. , Rooms are comfortable and big. No breakfast, but coffee and tea included. Quick checkin.

Over all if staff was friendly would maybe consider staying again

I did notice supply was not replenished properly tissue box by sink area was pretty much empty we used the last two toilet paper also wasn’t fully stocked up, my parents also rented a room there and theirs was way more empty of toilet paper my sister also stepped on a tack of some sort while walking around the room, also both staff members who helped us check in and out seemed unfriendly when my sister went and expressed their was no toilet paper she needed two roll he expressed he only had one left and couldn’t give more we got a didn’t want to be bothered vibe also at check out wasn’t a bit friendly at all when I asked for reciept felt uncomfortable as if I was asking for too much asking for a receipt of the $50 deposit that was required

Over all facilities was clean kept room was clean also the bed was very comfortable and bedding smelled clean:) that’s a plus

Pick this hotel ONLY as a last resort!

Dilapidated room that was falling apart. The room was very dirty with multiple long black hairs on the shower walls, as if no one had cleaned the room. Additionally, they attempt to make you sign a document that states they can and will share information about you with local law enforcement. This seemed very odd and questionable from a legal standpoint.

It was bad.

The phone in room didn't work and air conditioning ran all the time. I had to unplug it I went to the office 3 times with no help.Sat night had lots of noise, so I couldn't sleep.

This facility exactly met our needs for this trip.

Well-run operation at a convenient location. Also we didn't like the room we were given, night manager was very gracious to correct the situation immediately.

The elevator

No breakfast. No hot tub. No conditioner in the shower. Poor quality tv signal. Very loud. Can hear everything on floor(s) above you and around you.

The elevator

Do not stay here. Bad, bad, and it only gets worse.

I was not told I needed a $50 deposit, not on the website or when I called to verify what I needed for my visit since my partner was coming to get the keys. He called me to tell me he was shocked by the location and felt unsafe. When I arrived there were people hanging out in the parking lot drinking and playing loud music, almost like a tailgate. The security guard was doing nothing but hanging outside our room. Pretty awkward. My boyfriend compared the room to a jail cell room. The restroom had no trash can. The shower was full of little hairs. The “clean” towel I got had hairs stuck in them and were rough. I had requested a room close to the pool, upstairs, I did not get that. I understand you don’t always get what you request but it feels like they did absolutely nothing to accommodate us. It was the worst hotel experience I’ve ever had.

I really didn’t like anything.

Although they are short staff all staff members were very polite and never short tempered

No coffee or fridges in rooms short staff

I believe the desk agent was guy he was the most helpful with accommodations followed by Antonia I am very greatful. They helped making our stay less stressful I felt safe here security handled transients accordingly whole stay was great

It is a very basic accommodation, very good for a stay of one night or two.

The room had a damp feeling especially the carpet. The bedsheets were below standard and the room could do with at least a facility for making tea/coffee

The towels supplied were adequate and the location of the property is very good.

Given a choice, stay elsewhere.

Told to go to front desk for hotel towels. Later I saw a towel delivery to guests a few doors away. Their delivery also included toilet paper. Lots of upside to this particular Good Nite Inn.

Shorter than it could have been

The meth head smoking his pipe in front of the room . Very sketchy . Told the dingy girl at desk she said she would make a note . How about calling the police . Very disappointed

Checking out !

Perfect road trip overnight stop

Really well priced, stayed here on my way from San Fran to LA - great budget accomodation, easy access and parking, short drive to the Main Street for dinner and then off again in the morning!

Cheap place with beds but lacks cleanliness

Being right alongside a busy street at night made it really hard to sleep due to the noise. There was mildew on the bathroom doorway and ice bucket. There was also hair in the towels. No coffee pot.

Ok place with beds. Staff was really nice. No bed bugs and had room temp control so that was nice.

Family gathery

People are up all night smoking marijuana and talking outside rooms. Not recommended if your going with children. The smell gets in the rooms and when you call front desk they don’t do anything. There is signs everywhere stating there’s no smoking yet there is cigarettes butts all over. Our tub didn’t work as well and my children couldn’t sleep well all weekend.

I liked that it was close to our family members that we went to visit

All rooms need updated to look like all the rest of the rooms.

I was going to take a shower so I was already undressed & went to turn on the water & nothing but dribbles of water came out. I had to get dressed & go to get another room. When I got the other room It was way nicer then the one I had came from. That disappointed me.

It was a nice Hotel lots of parking for all the guess. Right off a not so busy road so easy in & out.

Other occupants very loud during late night/early...

Other occupants very loud during late night/early morning hours. Also, very loud music. Appearance of drug traffic/activity and prostitution.

Room cleanliness

Not reached upto expectations, the AC will turn off for every 2 mins which will adjust for room temperature, you even feel hot in the middle but no way the AC will turn on, you have to wait for AC to turn on again, there is apart from this room service was good.

Room cleanliness

Don't go there

The guy at check in was so rude, then bed sheets had hairs all over . Which means they never replaced them , barely warm water to shower. Etc.

Location only

Worst Experience of My Hotel Stays

The person registering was the rudest I have ever experienced. Made reservation weeks in advance, disabled, and person had nerve to ask if wanted to leave since could not accommodat request for ground level room. Nasty, unprofessional. I have stayed here 4 times in a month...NEVER AGAIN!

It was OK because we weren't in the room other then to sleep, other then that it was very unpleasant

Walls were thin, could hear people walking and conversation of other people. Other people had checked in late and were screaming across the courtyard. We informed the front desk and they didnt do anything about the situation.

Very disappointed

Bad costumer service, rooms smelled musty. Rooms were not clean, and they need a security on site for the tweekers walking around outside. Will definitely never book here again.

There's a Starbucks next to it

I liked the pool, it looked really pretty at night and clean.

From the picture I saw, I was expecting a pretty big room, but it wasn’t as big as it looked in the pictures.

I liked the pool, it looked really pretty at night and clean.

Staff is always kind and accommodating.

Staff is always kind and accommodating. Rooms clean, and fresh and perfect for a short or even extended stay. Pricing very reasonable. Starbucks right next door!!!

The worst hotel stay I've had ever in my life!

They staff was terrible...bad attitudes and just plain nasty! I got no sleep due to all the noise in several rooms around me and when I complained nothing was done. I was there for work and I finally checked out at 3am to go to ANYWHERE where I could get some sleep. Why the staff did nothing I can only assume they were on drugs just like the loud guests. Sad nothing was done. Don't stay here ever!!!!!!

The room was clean. That's the only nice thing I can say.

Never again!

Room was not clean at all! pool is much smaller as the picture gives you the impression and messed up as well. Looks like a constructionworkers lot. Noisy Neighbors

Free Parking

comfortable beds if only they had maid service to clean the room everyday

maid service did'nt come in to do beds and clean room. had to ask them for towels.

the location, the look of the hotel, the rooms, the first day. the view. the price

Very poor service.

My room was filthy when I arrived. There was actual poop on the toilet seat. The sink had hair from shaving. The second day was worse they only threw the trash and cleaned nothing else. Manager still hasn't gotten back to me after the third day.

The young lady at the front desk was nice enough.

I only stayed at this location because it was close to the softball complex

The bathtub was permanently stained with a ring of dirt. Whole tub was filthy. I took more comfort taking a shower while standing on the shower mat which was cleaner than the tub

hotel could have done better

no micrawave, no, coffee maker, no water heater

the filipino staff at the front when we check in wasn’t friendly at all, very arrogant , seems like his smile is too expensive (if we need to pay for it),

Quiet stay

I was expecting a microwave, coffée pot in room. I also asked to be told if any portable cribs were available and was not told if property owned some

Quiet

Room comfortable.

Disabled not given disabled room and long distance to walk. Had to wait until 3 pm to check in although stated arrival time would be noon.

Room comfortable.

Stay was fine.

Bed was a little uncomfortable, but everything else was fine.

Booked last minute, but was easy. Staff were friendly, decent location right off the highway, and overall the experience was fine.

The stay was great.

If I had to pick one thing... I had put in a request to have a first floor room and received a room on the third floor. No big deal. Room was perfect for the night. Thanks

Overall, the stay was fine.

Very comfortable!

I wasn't sure if there was a breakfast offered or if it was just hot beverages.

This hotel met my every need as I was traveling through solo. Thank You and will use Good Nite in Salinas again!

Great place to stay when on a budget

The smoke alarm had a dead battery and kept me up all night

The manager apologized for previous bad experience. He really cared that I wasn't happy on my last stay.

Simply awful

First of all we noticed that the bed is extremely uncomfortable, the matress had SPRINGS inside (it’s 21st century!) and once someone laid down it just turned into a crater. The curtains were partly torn off. Bathroom was truly awful, both cleanliness and comfort.The blankets didn’t looked thorougly washed aswell (white(!) stains left in multiple locations). Must mention that there is no refrigerator. To make it even worse, there were someones black hair left in the towels. If possible, try to avoid this place.

Good A/C, has a fine Wifi and hairdryer, place looks good from outside

the stay was good because it was with family

Staff being rude to my niece when she went down to the office to ask for more toilet paper and it took them more than 2 hours to bring to our room. There was a day that we didnt have maid service and the days we did the trash wasnt taken out or bathrooms cleaned.

It was walking distance to starbucks. Beverage service in lobby.

Staff inside and out were friendly and dedicated to their...

I was there for about a week for a new job a microwave & refrigerator would be nice and coffee maker. A little pricey for rooms and vending machines were in lobby which was closed at night

Staff inside and out were friendly and dedicated to their job titles and meeting Goodnite Hotel standards.

Very good value for the price

The location was excellent. It allows easy access to the road leading to Monterey and then to Big Sur. We had a good sleep at night. The room was very clean. It has a Starbucks withing walking distance, free parking and an elevator which was handy when you have some heavy luggage.

Good, restful stay. Staff was helpful, cheerful.

The carpet seemed damp, as if they'd shampooed it and had not blown it dry before renting it out again.

They were agreeable to giving me a ground floor room instead of the third floor they had projected. Very accommodating.

The lady at the counter was very nice and helpful.

Better Parking, needs microwave and mini fridge and it would be perfect.

The lady at the counter was very nice and helpful. Beds we're comfortable and I loved that it had a bathtub.

The staff was very friendly and professional.

Nothing that I can think of.

The staff was very friendly and professional. Location was great because it was close to the freeway and downtown Salinas.

Disgusting

First off the night I checked in (alone) & female the staff would not walk me to the back of the facility after I asked him to & stated I did not feel safe going alone in the dark. The lobby is closed after 6pm. Room was not clean there was hair in the bed along with what looked like bodily fluids. When I picked up the phone inside it was stuck to the base like soda was spilled inside. The shower was not clean there was black mold & the floors were not clean, upon entering the bathroom there was a strong odor of urine. Outside walkways were disgusting.

The morning staff who checked me out was nice and personable, although I felt she was uncomfortable with the manager when he walked in to the room as he (Garrett) was chastising another employee in front of me. He actually stated that the employee (lost a point). Take the employee into an office if he needs to be instructed or reprimanded. Poor and unprofessional managerial skills.

Will not return to this facility.

Air conditioning system was broken, after requesting for maintenance 2days in a row, we gave up asking. Room was not cleaned well, found old beer cans under bed. Not ideal for young kids, which I had.

The stay was great! Will definitely be coming back

The drinks in the vending machine are kind of pricey but not your Fault!

When I got to the Front Desk, Immediately the GSR was very Nice. It took her a little to open up to us, but after talking for a little she seemed to do so with ease. She had made us aware that Booking.com was offering only one type of room but that they had more availability, so she went ahead and put us in the Penthouse! It was an unexpected (lovely) surprise and we absolutely loved the room! Will come back, Every time.

Bathroom just seem dirty.

Bathroom just seem dirty. Bed was uneven 🙃 sheets were definitely not clean. Weird that the housekeeper knocked on our door & asked what time we checking out. Wouldnt come back

Horrible

The room was disgusting. There was stangs on sheets, towels, toilet and bath tub. There were hair between towels, hairs on the shower curtain. I felt extremely uncomfortable and disgusted!

Great choice - Close to Main Street

Unfortunately there was no fridge in the room, which wasn't too bad, because we just stayed one night.

My friend and me liked the size of our room and bed and it was very clean. As well the bathroom was spacious enough for two. Additionally it was close to the Main Street (with a car) where we had breakfast.

Horrible hotel, gives the town a bad name, Salinas, will never stay there again.

Filthy smell, very noisy from traffic.

It was the smelliest ,grossest room I have ever stayed in my life. I reserved this room, got there at 1 am about, and the clerk gave my room to someone else, making me wait in the cold while he searched for a room and would not let me come into the lobby or offer me to use the bathroom after I drove for 6 hours approximately. It smelled bad, maybe they should clean their carpets.

Goodnight,good stay,great value

The shower did not have very much water pressure.and was hard to get it to get hot.

It was clean,easy access to the freeway.and Check in was fast and easy

Can do this is one word....horrible!

Location...very noisy. Tub dirty, outlets and lights didn't work, bed was like sleeping on a board, party in parking lot, no soundproofing in the room, people walking outside the room all night long. Stayed only one night of our two night stay.

There wasn't anything there we liked, it was just that bad!

Horrible i will never go back

Disrespectful, rude and very impatient staff. The room was filthy the lock didn't work properly and the room had a very weird smell to it.

Location was good, eating facilities were not very close to...

It was bare bones as far as having coffee, clock, microwave, or refrig. in room. The bed was OK, but for the money I couldn't give it a "good" rating.

Location was good, eating facilities were not very close to motel. Staff was friendly .