Reviews of Four Points by Sheraton Phoenix South Mountain 4 stars

10831 South 51st Street, Ahwatukee Foothills, Phoenix, AZ 85044, USA

#78 of 141 hotels in Phoenix

Enquired about the free airport shuttle during booking but never got a reply. I saw that it's still being mentioned as one of the freebies though. Misleading information for bookers, feeling a bit cheated. The air-conditioner or air-conditioning vent (not sure which one) was making a rather annoying rattling sound. We were so tired, we slept through it, hahah!

Clean and spacious room with comfortable bed.

Site still says free airport shuttles but they don’t do this anymore, even after 2 emails to them I never got a reply to confirm

Great hotel which represents great value. Clean, comfortable and staff excellent - especially the bar staff which were very informative and helpful. Would highly recommend with close proximity to the airport

Not everyone gets Breakfast? Reserved from a third party and chose option for free breakfast but was turned away for having no voucher.

Great room for a great price.

Jacuzzi was not very hot, pool too cold, housekeeping woke me up 3 times when I really needed to sleep. No breakfast included like other hotels.

Pillows were nice. Liked that the room came with a "free" bottle of water.

Its a small detail but the jets in the hot tub were not working at the time of our stay

Room was great and had a fantastic view. Seemed to be a very quite hotel as well.

Was a roadside motel disguised as a high-end Sheraton. Staff was very friendly - no concerns with them at all. Just very disappointed as this was not what I expected from a Sheraton. Also, websites advertised free airport shuttle only for me to discover after it was too late to cancel the hotel that shuttle is no longer available. Wait to waste my money Sheraton!

• Queen Room - Disability Access

I won't be able to return to this property because of the over use of scented room spray. This hotel reeked of a floral scent in all the common areas, throughout the hallways, and into the room.

Room was clean.

The wifi never worked which was frustrating. The common areas (elevator, etc) could use some refurbishment but overall an excellent stay.

Rooms are spacious and clean - beds were comfortable. Staff were excellent - friendly and helpful.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Spa was no longer at property as described. Somewhat dated.

One bedroom suite was perfect for traveling with others. Any issue identified was immediately addressed.

Very comfortable beds and pillows; really nice comfortable easy chair in the room and a nice desk and desk chair too. Plus a tea/coffee service and a refrigerator.

No shuttle to and from the airport. Booking.com lies. It cost me cabs to and from the airport because of the false information when I had booked. Beds are very hard and uncomfortable. Nothing close to the hotel. More booking. Com that disappointed me not the hotel. It’s alright

The pool was ok, peaceful. Hot tub was extremely small

1st room we had the AC was not working, waiting for the maintainer guy to show up for about 2 hours, never did. 2nd room (they switched us due to the AC) had a weird smell after being gone for the day. Price is defenitly not worth it. I could have stayed at a hotel for a fraction of the price with all the same stuff this one had.

Location of hotel is the best thing going on.

Entry through the back door wouldn't work with my key which was okay and every now and then we lost the signal on the TV but those are minor things

I really like the room setup

• One-Bedroom King Suite

We wanted a kitchenette where we could prepare meals, but there was only a small refrigerator for that, no separate sink or in-room microwave (there was a microwave we could use near the front desk a short distance from our room). The hotel breakfasts were OK, but an extra cost, not included in the relatively high price for the room. The AC failed the last night we were there.

It was a spacious room, allowing us to spread out for the work we had to do. The weather was wonderful for that. The bed was comfortable and the lighting in the bathroom was about the best for shaving I've seen anywhere. The area is in high demand in the winter, so this was the only place available for what and where we wanted.

Bookings leads you to believe that this is a nice “lush” 4-star hotel in a “good location”. It is none of the above. It is a run down hotel. Quite dirty looking in the rooms, light fixtures weren’t working, in the second room they gave us the air conditioning didn’t work. The pool side is a cement block, not lush at all and the location is right on a very loud highway. It’s in a weird part of town by a gas station. There is no where to walk to and no amenities close by. We left early and went to a different hotel.

The staff were very nice.

The rooms were much smaller, much more outdated, and less clean than advertised. There were about 6 different lounges to choose throughout the hotel but the time / decor spent on those areas should have been directed towards the rooms.

Our server at the bar was very friendly, and even though the bar closes early, you can order wine / beer ahead of time and drink in one of the lounges - just won't receive any service.

nothing.

There's a pool, hot tub and tennis court to play on. The hotel is plush and comfortable with free wifi. Staff are super friendly and we even got to checkin early.

Somehow the desk person didn't program my door card to work correctly. Parking was full at 11:30PM. The building is outdated, though the room and bed were quite comfortable and the price was good. Old elevator, pool not too inviting.

The location for this property is superb, especially if you are headed south out of Phoenix on I-10. It's right on I 10 not too far from Phoenix Sky Harbor. I requested and received a quiet room with very comfortable bed, very nicely updated bathroom and good lines and toiletries. Comfortable lounge chair and window coverings. Old carpet and lobby. It's outdated. Price is good.

• King Room - Disability Access

The hot tub. The jets didn't work, there was dirt all over the bottom & the hand rail was loose. Also the breakfast buffet was a little over priced for what you got.

The gym.

The room was quiet, clean and spacious. The bed was super comfortable. We took their shuttle to the airport and that very easy. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• King Suite

Had to wait 2 hours after our check-in time for our room to be cleaned and it still wasn't clean properly.

The bed was the only good thing of our stay.

One of the Gsr at the front was rude. And housekeepers knocking at 8am for stay over service

Rooms are very clean. Beds are comfortable The only thing i didn’t like was housekeeping knocking at 8 for stayover service .One of the GSR (male)was extremely rude i wish i’ve gotten his name. Jacuzzi was great after a kind day at work very relaxing. Will definitely stay there again loved location and stores surrounded.

I booked this room for my son (22) and gf (22). When the checked in, they got sent to a room that was already occupied. There was make up and food on the counters, black tape on the bathroom walls and clothes in the closet. When they let the staff know, it didn't seem like a big deal. It was very off putting, they felt as that maybe someone could be let in their room. They didn't have a safe feeling. I spoke to the staff when we checked out. The person was nice but seemed a little casual about it. They also said there was breakfast dishes outside guests doors at 6pm. Overall very disappointed.

The outside of the hotel and left baby looked good.

I didn't like that their soda in the machine was $2.00 .

I loved the fact of putting the do not disturb sign outside your room door. Really means that the maids will not knock on your door.

You can hear the people next door like if they were in your room, we are very clean people, yet we were charged 25 dlls extra somehow, there were male hairs in the shower

Pillows

There was a difficulty with our room key/door for the assigned room. Hubby is a platinum member with them, so they upgraded him to "The Presidential Suite." VERY large, very comfortable. Amazing amount of space. We got our money's worth.

An extra computer for guests and longer hours for the restaurant would have been a help.

The location was excellent with easy access to the I-10 and I-60. This makes it easy to get to Tempe, Mesa, Chandler, downtown Phoenix, etc. The room was very comfortable and there are many types of restaurants within a quick drive.

There was no information on places of interest in Phoenix, and it was difficult to find where they were. Getting anywhere without a car was very difficult.

Parking was horrible. I had to park in the back of the building but at least there was an entrance there. Breakfast wasn’t included and was offered for $12 in their restaurant.

The bed is absolutely amazing! It was so hard getting out of bed for work.

maids were so noisy slamming doors and laughing and talking early I talked to the desk they just laughed, he next morning was even worse

not a lot beds were comfy

My husband had forgotten his pants in the wardrobe. We called the same afternoon as we found out. They would check and come back to us. Unfortanetely that did not happen. When we were back at the hotel, we asked again. The pants were nowhere to be found. This seems kind of odd, as you would think housekeeping would have delivered them to the reception. Also the fire alarm went off in the middel of the night, we didn't get any information or whatsoever. Was very poorly coordinated.

It was for us a transit hotel. Stayed two nights at the beginning of our holiday and one night at the end. Breakfast was good! Staff was friendly.

The staff were the rudeist ppl we meet in our 2 months of traveling 11000miles in the USA on our Bike, worst reception /front of staff we had encountered, Just because we turned up on a motorbike, we were treated differently to others, We have stayed in worse places and alot nicer places than this and no one has treated us like these people, Rubbish of Pizza boxes etc was left in the Lift area from 3pm to the next morning when we checked out, Not what we would expect from the Sheraton Name

the pool was nice after a 7 hr motorbike ride in 95-102 deg

• Queen Room - Disability Access

I asked for a 12 noon check in got there at 1oclock was told that the room was still not ready left came back round 4 and the room was still not ready. Thankfully i was upgraded. On my 2nd day i was woken up to be asked when i was checking out (i thought that was rude) the standard check out time is at noon. The bathroom was gross it was out dated compared to the room itself there were staines on the walls.

Huge bed flat screen tv. Dog friendly. Got up graded due to an error on their part and was very pleased. I was very happy with the head woman which i believed to be the manager.

The bed sham was dirty. Roomservice cost too much, The breakfast was beyond gross, they wanted to charge me the full price. I didn't eat 3 bites. We agreed on a reduced cost.still was 20 buck for fruit and eggs

The patio, and the room service.

• Queen Room - Disability Access

I expected the pool to be nice and clean but it was dirty compared to other places. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The airport transfer was very good and effecient.

• King Room - Disability Access

The stuff was rude. The room smelled and the room was nasty. The toilet paper roll fell off the wall in the bathroom when I went to get some. The staff talked rude to myself and I was not happy with that. I will not go back.

There is nothing that I liked from this hotel

• Queen Room - Disability Access

Bathroom was too small Different informations from staff about the area around Swimming pool is very small and dirty

Big beds an bedroom A fridge and a balcony was also there Very clean and the general impressions is high-quality

Nice staff, good hotel next to the Interstate, outdoor pool and bar, got the room at a very cheap rate for a Four Points, but standard also didn't feel like Sheraton for us - still really good for that price!

I should been told or asked airport By staff. When I requested shuttle

Dropped son off GCU We found out closer to Phoenix And not Mesa airport. You will Need Taxi or Uber if using mesa Airport

only problem i had was on the day of check out the housekeeper knocked on my door three times asking if i was ready to go first time at 8 then at 9 and then at 1145 i was like come one let me get some rest

everything we great

Had to get a new room key each day. Key only worked for day it was programmed. No microwave in room.

Staff was very pleasant. Room very comfortable and clean. Mini fridge came in handy.

The cleaning ladies knocking on the door at 8 o clock every morning whether you put the sign up or not

The price. Check in and out is simple and fast. Front desk is nice.

Bathroom door was barn style and had no lock, The AC was broken and never got cooler than 80 in our room, it was an hour drive to anywhere within Phoenix other than the airport near the hotel, staff was not very friendly and acted offended/defensive when we asked why our room hadn't been made up, when we requested it that morning. Overall, it was not a good experience.

Staff does not care if customers are comfortable or not.

Room temperature was horrible. Took great effort to get someone to take a look if something is wrong.

Well they gave us the wrong room the first night. There was no tv listings in our room. The maid service didnt show up the first the 3 days. We had to get our own towels and etc. Plus the toilet was too low to be a real handicap room and the front door to the room is not wide enough for wheelchairs.

It was close to our daughter and a few shopping areas plus restaurants.

A 25 dollar charge on my card they are supposed to put back in my account I wasn't told about that still isn't back in my account. As long as that's put back I will be happy, if not,not so much

The room was nice, the beds were comfortable, for the price it was great.

the general manager Aaron is a layer the security of the hotel towed my car for no reason the manager promised to take care of it and promised to call and never did.i don't recommend the place

I was there alone at night and it was a little sketchy having an adjoining door to a different room. I couldn't tell if it was properly locked or not. A bolt on the door that clearly showed it was locked would have given me some piece of mind. I could not tell if it was unlocked or not.

I stayed at the hotel due to a delayed flight and thus had no toiletries with me. When I asked if they had a toothbrush, the lady at the counter fitted me with a bag with a toothbrush, paste, mouthwash, and deodorant. It was such a simple thing, and I know many hotels do this, but it was a lifesaver.

I didn't get my wake up call the first morning, which happened to be my first day at a new job; my room keys didn't work each night when I returned to the hotel so after walking all the way to my room each night I had to return to the front desk to have them rekey the keys;

I liked the price

The battery on the door lock went dead. No employee on site had the device to charge the lock to open the door. I had to wait over an hour locked out of my room for the maintenance man to arrive. This situation caused me to miss work time.

This is the worst place i stayed at they chared my card 4 days after my stay with them . I call them they denied they chared my card saying that my bank records are wrong .. How can they keep getting away with this . This place was dirty . Rude workers . Hair on bathroom floor . Trash in trash can when we check in . I was getting bit and my kids.

I didn't like the security officer it seem like he took his job way too serious almost felt like a real sheriff is in town they lock back gates at night so you cannot use your key card to get in it's very inconvenient plus my key card failed for my room I must of gone through 20+ key cards that week due to malfunction or not working

I liked the friendly staff and maintenance man plenty of parking elevators at each end of the building the free water every day . And housekeepers that went the extra mile to keep my room clean they were great

Their Air system sucks. .. no air pushes out and the humidity this time of year is super high... so we were dripping wet...then when we talked to the maintenence guy he said it would take awhile before it would cool down the room.The walls and doors were dirty. We couldn't use our chrome cast with their TV.

The beds were so comfortable and cozy...

The balcony was more of a step out, step back in. It was not a true balcony and was very small. The mini frigde had roaches in it (they were discovered as we checked the room before checking out -- nothing had been put in the fridge). My skin was crawling as I checked out :( The temporary hold on your account will be messed with several times and will more than likely take 7 days AFTER checking out to sort through. I was charged for a security deposit, then the full price of the room, then the full price of the room minus the security deposit. The deposit was refunded in a few days but the full price of the room minus the security deposit took 7 days to release. The desk chair was also broken in the room. :/

The beds were comfortable and the AC was ferocious. It didn't take much to get the room cooled off. The soap, shampoo and conditioner dispenser in the shower was nice and all the toiletries had a nice scent. The airport shuttle is also a plus, just don't die in the heat while waiting :| They've definitely upgraded the place but renovations don't make it clean...this hotel really needs a deep clean not just some new paint and carpet.

Beds could be softer, AC was not pushing sufficient air, filter was dirty, some items were broken when we came in - chair wheel, shelf under sink, and sink had a crack in it

Abundance of pillows, furniture, showers,abundance of towels, charging ports/outlets, icemachine...

• Queen Room - Disability Access

I was traveling and out about 3 hours from a terrible and horrific highway accident. I tried numerous times to call the hotel. I never got through. The phone line kept giving me the recording loop of choosing different options. No one answered the phone. I was very disappointed.

the bed was fine.

- We stayed on a weekend in this business hotel for bargain price, but the hotel was full of young people partying and playing lound music in their rooms, with doors open! It was impossible to sleep without earplugs!!! - We couldn't find a restautant with full bar from the walking distance - We didn't receive any receipt. I asked for one, but the receptionist said, they will send it later by e-amail, but they didn't.

Check out is at 12 and cleaning staff came and knocked twice to see if we were checking out yet, once at 8 am and then again at 10 am.

Super comfortable beds.

Building entrance door next to pool area did not work. My young son and I had to carry our food and drinks around to the front entrance. The next day, the key card for the pool area would not work. I had to stretch myself to reach over and push the handle down. What made it horrible was how hot the metal door was due to the weather.

Very comfortable rooms and beds. Wish we had arrived earlier to use their restaurant.

• Queen Room - Disability Access

I didn't like the bathrooms, the vanity was extremely small and the house cleaner did a poor job cleaning the bathrooms.

The beds were comfortable and the staff was friendly! I really liked the lobby decor and the lounge areas.

The beds won't as comfy as I thought they looked. The a/c didn't kick in till we were leaving.

I like how friendly the stuff are. The pool was amazing. The view out the windows were to die for. So beautiful and enjoying to see.

The bathroom door had a sliding barn door which didn't allow a lot of privacy and had no handle so it was hard to close all the way.

Our room was small but well laid out and I loved the ottoman and desk/table for the chair. Beds were very comfortable and we had a little balcony! My daughter needed a roll away bed and it was very thick and comfortable. The staff was very attentive and helpful.

No access to pool, private pool party music sounded like a concert super loud even with windows fully closed

Room was nice- cable tv and wifi didn't work- they had a huge biker convention so it was loud and the biker crowd had private party and access for the pool. It was a warm day 115 deg. in Phoenix and we couldn't use the pool and was a bit scary with biker guys drinking all day and night at the hotel - we should have been told this event was going on and could impact our stay..definitely disappointed

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Parking lot was very dark, not a lot of outside lighting.

The rooms were very accommodating for our needs. Location is nice for convenient freeway access and many restaurants and shops in the near by vicinity. Pool and Spa was nice.

The pool was a little dirty with palm tree stuff and never cleaned the entire time we were there. We just moved the palms out and it was fine. Really nothing that ruined our stay.

All the staff were helpful and very friendly. The rooms and the hotel were nice. After reading all the past reviews I was a little nervous about the hotel. Well I would have to say that the hotel was nothing like all the past reviews. Our room was clean, the beds were greats. Room service did a great job everyday. The parking was great. A huge parking lot around the side, so you do not have to park in the dirt that is totally your own choice. The bar/restaurant was awesome. Really nothing to complain about. It was awesome. We really enjoyed the stay.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

The pool was closed and the parking lot was dirt if it had rained we would have been walking in mud ... the side door was not working......the light switches were dirty

Nothing to say

• Queen Room - Disability Access

Stayed at this property only 2 weeks ago and absolutely loved everything about it. However, this latest stay was completely different. The reception staff was completely unresponsive to my request to investigate an inoperative coffee pot, and generally disinterested; involved in personal phone conversations, & seemingly bored. Even though I'd made a point of explaining that I had 2 separate reservations for my family, for a total of 2 nights, they asked whether we wanted to stay in the same room the 2nd night??? Thought I'd carefully explained that we did, but we found our room key cancelled when we returned the evening of the 1st night. The fact that our room( 2 queens was so small that we could barely move around the beds didn't help, either.

Convenient to the family function which we attended.

• King Room - Disability Access

Most of the parking lot is dirt. Front desk not staffed. Had maintenance man get the clerk. Mitsy, the clerk refused us our room even with a confirmation. Asked for a manager repeatedly. Refused repeatedly. Asked help from maintenance man. Eventually got a room. Refrigerator noise woke us throughout the night. Blanket had overwhelming smell of detergent chemicals. We had to take it off. The detergent chemicals and perfumes were not rinsed out of the blanket and were very irritating to the nose and throat. (Use human-friendly option or wash and rinse a second time with no detergents). We were overcharged, then charged a second time. Eventually got the overcharges returned to us.

General manager was very nice and friendly, when we finally got to him, as Mitsy, the front desk, repeatedly refused to direct us to him. Wifi worked, and the room was clean.

Ice machine missing on 3rd floor, bed too hard, shower too cold, prefer in room glass cups opposed to plastic, towels had too much fabric softener, eggs rubbery, French toast hard, sausage rubbery, orange juice bleh, walls and decor color dark and dank. Not the enchanted upgraded experience I was hoping for. Only one bottle of water in room, but my reservation was for two.

Liked the fridge in room

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Parking was not the best as it was mainly a huge dirt lot and we happened to be in town during a huge wind storm.

Actual bed covers....not thin sheets used as covers. Very large room.

Not impressed with the slightly outdated rooms and not particularly friendly staff of the evening shift. Wifi is bad to non existent. Don't fall for the disappointing overpriced breakfast on site, plenty of other options available in the area.

The morning staff at the Reception was friendly and professional. In fairness, when we informed the Reception that the toilet was blocked, they sent a person to fix it immediately.

Very little information in the room or provided at check in. Such as Wi-Fi access, location of ice machines, check out time, etc.

Breakfast buffet excellent

The fact that I've paid in advance for the room, when I checked my cr. card statement I'd been charged an extra $25.00. I called them and said it'd come off in a few days; it was to cover anything I might've used such as liquor. Except the room didn't provide any alcohol nor food. And just an hour ago I noticed another charge on my cr card $38.75?? For what???

Bed was comfortable and bathroom amenities were also good.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

There was a urine smell during my sleep. Finally the second morning I decided to pull up the sheets and right by my face there was a huge urine stain!

• Queen Room - Disability Access

The bed and linens were very comfortable.The room temperature was very nice and easy to control.Quite and relax ing . We would definitely book this again!!!