Reviews of Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection 4 stars

325 South Orange Avenue, Orlando, FL 32801, USA

#55 of 407 hotels in Orlando

Traffic

Beautiful property, lovely staff. We were very happy with every aspect of our one night stay. We got married elsewhere and spent one wonderful evening at The Boheme restaurant with Roberto (the best waiter in the world). We were spoiled with complimentary champagne and dessert, late check out and genuine best wishes. Worth every penny.

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Noise from construction early morning. Unable to order movies. Pool closed most of Saturday. For as great as the Valet and checkin process was we were disappointed with the service in the bar area very long wait and attitude.

checked in at approx. 4:30 pm and it was the nicest person that checked us in

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I removed items from the fridge to chill beverages I wanted... Put the items back in and was charged... However simple fix, they advise to let them know first. The fridges are new to the hotel. They fixed it in no time!

I ordered room service and the food was amazing!! Very comfortable bed as well!

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

the prices quoted were not the prices we ended up paying on the room, in the bar and food to the pool

The hotel is very nice BUT the bar is very poor and have the worst G&T ever. Also if you order food to the pool there are additional charges that appear on the bill + the price quoted for the room increases as they add on all sorts of tax

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The decor was a bit dated and there were hidden fees in excess of $100 above the room rate ( parking, taxes, etc...)

The bed was very comfortable. The room was very clean and the room service was delicious.

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I was staying for a wedding and normally after drinking all night at something like that I don’t sleep very well- but that bed.... seriously amazing! Slept like a baby who had never had a drink in her life!

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Staff: Staff at the reception desk seems more being annoyed about new guests than welcoming them. Room: Never seen the tea/coffee set being placed in the bathroom! Seems to me an hygienically doubtful solution. Moreover the outfit of the room would fit best in a movie about Transylvanian Count Dracula but not in a modern hotel. And at last the view from room n. 604 is dramatically ridiculous; a breathtaking view on a few uprooted plants and the wall of the pool area.

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The mini bar is a little pricey, and didn't expect the price increase on the second (Sunday) night.

Great corn chowder! Christina is a wonderful bartendress - efficient, yet friendly. And the corn chowder server made a special trip to the kitchen to fulfill my request for more greens on my chowder (which I also had the night before!) The Rotunda bass and piano were lovely sounds. The front desk young woman was delightfully pleasant. Your staff is excellent! Even Valet has its service down pat - very efficient, and friendly. Our room was excellent in decor, comfort and cleanliness, also. Great hotel!

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The snacks were too expensive and that room service did not change the sheets everyday. They need to have brochures about other restaurants guest can order from.

The beds were comfortable, valet services were so polite, staffs were friendly

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I feel like there was alot prejudice actions taken me and my guest I'm a profession with a professional degree and would have never put myself in a situation in noise problem when I know for a FACT that's not true and my room blamed because of race which sad.

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Was extremely surprised to see that the leather on some of the sofas in the lounge and bar had large rips and tears. Looked very tacky in an otherwise quite nice establishment.

Dinner was a little pricey but worth it. Everything that everyone at our table had was delicious

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Sheets, pillows, comforter. We never took ANYTHING from room bar but got charged for 5 entries. You did delete from bill but that is bad service. A/C auto shut off due to no body movement. Not good for Florida. Never got the room cool.

Charged us for using Mini bar. We never touched it. You need new pillows and more comfy sheets and comforter. Those seemed cheep and minimal.

• King or Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Concierge Level

They were cleaning with pressure washers around the pool during the afternoon. I would have thought they would have done in the early am and not during prime sun/pool time.

The artwork/gallery was great, especially is you appreciate it. The lounge had a great vibe in the evening. Bed was comfortable and great view from the 15 th floor.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed and Spa Bath

One of the primary reasons that we selected this hotel was its pool. Upon arrival we were notified that the pool was closed for a private event. Another disappointment is that the servicing staff in the lounge was significantly understaffed and service was poor and slow.

The size of the room exceeded our expectations, and we enjoyed complimentary valet parking.

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

This is a very cramped location, from the drop off area, the lobby, restaurant, not large enough to accomodate the amount of guests they receive, so it simply feels packed and chaotic from the moment you arrive. That plus the fact that on our arrival date the room wasnt ready for check in till 6pm since they had a very large group check out late that day. I will 100% not come back, very poor value for money.

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Staff! My iPhone 8 Plus was left in room, called and nobody got back to me. Called the following day, was told someone will get back to me, and yet again, no phone call. They claim it “wasn’t found” although it was 100% left in the room and we called only 10 minutes after checking out and heading to airport. Also, security officer was incredibly rude to myself and the people in the other two rooms we rented. Also, told the front desk at check in that I wanted the rooms all charged on my card, I was assured this would happen and everyone was still charged for their rooms. I had recommended this hotel from my previous experience staying there and very quickly ate my words.

Location and restaurant

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We arrived late after a wedding and check-in was smooth and easy. The bed was very comfy and the rooms are super quiet. It's a very popular hotel, right downtown near all of the bars and restaurants, and you'd never know that there were other people staying there once you're in the room - which was great! We also loved having the Starbucks in the lobby.

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We had reservations made well in advance. Our room was on the 6th floor and looked onto a stairway to the pool. A wedding took place soon after our arrival--with people gathering right outside our only window. Therefore we had to close curtains to all daylight at 4:00 in the afternoon.

Dinner and service were good. Although we had reservations we were seated in the Rotunda which was very noisy and many people "coming and going". Not relaxing! We would return in hopes that we were seated in the dining room for a relaxing evening.

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I thought the breakfast was too expensive

We stayed here for the Pro Bowl. It was in walking distance to tons of restaurants and street events for the Pro Bowl. One great place to eat, is the Kres Chop House, it is walking distance of the hotel. It is a Great environment & the food is amazing! The Bohemian is different & colorful & staff is super friendly. I liked the valet parking, expensive, but was worth it. You texted your ticket number to the telephone number given to you & your car was ready within 5 mins. My kids argued over who was going to put the card in the slot ( which is the same card used to open your room door) to work the elevator. We never had experienced it before & thought it was a good added security! The Bohemian was a great experience for us & a very convenient location! Thanks for all the awesomeness!!

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

local area is plagued with homeless aggressive beggars. Felt a bit unsafe at night around the surrounding area. Grumpy barman who thought it cool to give me my change $12 half in nickels that he got back as his tip.

Good location great Sunday brunch for $49 each unlimited mimosas. Good room service nice hotel.

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The dessert menu lacked a true chocolate dessert. Nutella's first ingredient is sugar, which makes it mostly sugar. Skipped having dessert due to lack of chocolate.

Room was very nice, well appointed. Loved the robes. Staff was awesome. Very helpful.

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No mini fridge, but that may be my mistake in finding the proper room.

Everyone went out of the way to make our accommodations perfect. Everything was easily accessible inside and outside. We can't wait to visit again!

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

At check in the clerk gave us room 1133 with one king bed. We are not gay and when we booked we requested two queen beds. Then they gave us 811 and the thermostat was not working and after unpacked we have to repacked and move the the third room. We traveled from Hilton Head Island after 5 hours to encounter such incompetency. At checked out on January 3 rd they overcharged us for alcoholic beverages we did not consumed due to we were sick during our all stay in Orlando.

SeI visited the Hotel with a dear friend and booked the room as a 2 separate beds and they gave us a king bed. We acknowledge it and gave us a 2 queen bed room and my friend was sick with a respiratory infection and the room heater was broken. We complain and the grand bohemian transferred us to a 3 rd room in a period from the first room to the third in 2 hours. It was very annoying due to my friend was sick and had traveled from Hilton Head , South Carolina.

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

- One does not have a direct line to a concierge for questions, but needs to leave a voicemail. These were not responded to in my case (I needed an international adapter Europe to US). - The hotel was very 'local' in the sense that it had few international (non-US) newspapers, did not have any adapters available (I had to go and buy one), etc.. Just little things which are hygiene factors, but made my stay that little bit less comfortable.

- Comfortable, quirky hotel with character - Friendly staff - Centrally located (great if the purpose of your trip is within that vicinity), with quick access to major highways

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The valet team took about 25 minutes to get my car from the garage and multiple guests that arrived after me received there car in a timely manner. I understand it was a Friday evening but it really took a good chunk of time away from us to meet up with our friends to celebrate our wedding with drinks downtown

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It was our honeymoon night . We reserved a king size bed suite for $435 a night approximately .And received two double beds . Very disappointing and no one seem to really care . And I think that was the worst part about it was the front desk representatives just showed no empathy to the situation . I think you and I would both agree that’s unacceptable for the Westin/Marriott property ..

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Our room was near the pool. Occasionally we would see someone walk by our window. Sort of odd

We stayed here to watch the NCAA women’s soccer championship games. This was a quick walk to the stadium. Great restaurants ( Kress was fantastic! And the marketplace was wonderful)

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Initial room reservation was incorrect (but was promptly corrected). Valet parking as the only means of parking at the property was unfortunate.

Clean room with a King-size bed was extremely comfortable. Bathroom amenities were good. Large-screen TV with just about every cable channel was a nice amenity as well.

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

When entering the hotel through what appears to be the main entrance, it isn't obvious where reception is. You have to go through a dining area and the bar. Happily a staff member was passing when we arrived and showed us where to go, but this may be confusing otherwise. Parking can be difficult to find in the area with various one-way streets and diversions around the public parking garages. Sat-nav and some forward-planning were very useful!

We spent two nights here to end our trip to Florida. The hotel is beautiful and uniquely decorated. It feels like a special place when you walk in and the room was very stylish, comfortable and big for a standard room. We had a room overlooking the pool and it was very quiet despite its city-centre location. Most of the local restaurants were closed when we stayed due to Thanksgiving, but there are plenty within a short walk. We ate one meal in the bar and it was very nice. All of the staff we met were very helpful and took time to talk to you.

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

staff neglected to inform us how to use the elevator at check in

art work was very nice. the restaurant was good. nice bar. good service. Excellent location

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Bar closed early, we had worked our way back from the Amway Centre after seeing Tim McGraw and Faith Hill got back at 12.30 and was told we’d missed last orders, as a hotel resident we thought we would get a drink to finish off a fantastic night

Bar service was great, staff were very friendly and helpful

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bathroom curtains had an annoying smell (urine like) By 3 pm, the room would not be made There was a small broken pedestal table that could not be used Room uncomfortable, except for the beds. No breakfast until 5 am

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room had handicapped shower that leaked all over floor. Booked room over 2 months before staying and was told I was upgraded to a concierge room on top floor. Not much of an upgrade with a handicapped shower instead of a soaking tub. Told we could not move due to overbooking.

Bed was extremely comfy

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Housekeeping! When our room wasn't cleaned by 3PM, I was told that it was hotel policy that rooms be cleaned by 5PM. They said they would put a rush on our room; we waited an hour, went back to our room- it STILL was untouched. Also, the hotel is doing itself NO FAVORS by listing "toilet paper" as a hotel amenity!!

The food was excellent!!! The beds were most comfortable and the convenience to the Amway Center was great!

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I thought I chose a room with jacuzzi tub and when I arrived they said it would be an upcharge. We were already paying $408 for the night. 😩 Also we could hear people in hallway and next door I mean we could HEAR them 😑

Loved the location since we were heading to a concert at Amway.

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We stayed at the facility because of The closeness to the concert. I think the price was a little high for a one night stay. ($369.00) But I knew it coming in.

Beautiful facility.The room was spacious and the beds were great.There was a full service Starbucks, which was nice. The check in and check out was very easy.

Concierge lounge was closed

Hello! Philip, the concierge manager was world class! Gabriela and I were celebrating our 17 year wedding Anniversary. I reached out to the hotel prior to our visit to arrange some unique surprises and Philip, the GM (Admin. Assistant from Venezuela) were so accommodating, professional, and helpful. I've told several of my Tampa friends about the property and can't wait to visit the sister property in Saint Augustine. Regards, Robert Kantor

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The walls between rooms apparently are not very insulated. Literally heard the next room guest sneeze as if they were in our room. A small fridge would be nice in the rooms

The front desk staff was extremely friendly. The hotel was in great location for our purpose of Amway center. The room was very clean and comfortable.

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The hotel was gorgeous. The staff was young, willing to help and very friendly. Although times weren’t that smooth and we had curfew the hotel made my stay in Orlando the safest of all places. Thanks to all staff including the room service from restaurant who were specially attentive to all details. The food of the hotel was great. Special emphasis to the deco :) I felt safe during the hurricane and would like to thank all the staff for working always so happily and attentively throughout all days we had curfew.

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

nothing im done with that place.

food sucked and service just not there compared to a motel six they where so bad i still don't want to talk about it,, I liked nothing never again stay there..

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I've been in the hotel several times in the past 12 months, and the restaurant menu gets old quick. It's great food, but not so much variety. Expensive cost of overnight parking with valet. And neither the hotel nor the booking website tell you in advance how much it is.

No other hotel is better located in Orlando if you plan to enjoy Orlando's Downtown and not it's theme parks. It's smack in the center. The rooms are beautiful and comfortable and the sunday brunch is excellent.

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Service and organization could have been better. Emergency alarm sounded at 2:00 am and we exit the hotel. The staff appeared confused and let us in with the alarm going on. It kept going on for another half an hour and we went back downstairs confused. There was no contact nor explanation to what happened from the staff, we felt unsafe. Only valet parking, and service could be better. Once they brought the car I gave them the tip and had to load the luggage into the back myself, he didnt offered to help.

Very convenient location for an activity at the Phillips convention center across the street. Very nice decor.

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

You were required to use their valet parking deck which was not free. Nor was it comparable in price to the public lots nearby (twice as much cost).

Staff was great the beds were amazing. food was fantastic

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There were room service carts with dirty plates left in the hallway for most of the day. Meanwhile, housekeeping staff walked past it multiple times. The ice machine did not work on the floor I was staying on. Finally, I wanted to enjoy the the hot tub, but it seemed a little dirty.

The whole hotel was beautifully designed, even including the pool area. It was very relaxing up there and the pool was surprisingly clean. The room I stayed in was comfortable and felt luxurious. The staff were friendly and easy to work with. With all of this, I found myself wishing it were an apartment complex and I were living there!

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There were two outlets in the bathroom that did not work. There was one that did work, so we were OK.

The staff was amazing! I sang Going to the Chapel with the Valet Staff in the garage. The Front Desk staff was very helpful and accommodating. They gave us exactly the room we wanted. They had Servers at the pool and water and towels for us. When we missed breakfast at the hotel, they gave us a recommendation for a restaurant within walking distance that serves breakfast meals all day. We would definitely stay at this property again!

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Our room had a view of a wall and when we called to ask to move we were told they were all booked and no other rooms were available. However a friend that had not planned on staying went and booked a room the same day and was given a stunning room with a beautiful view of downtown. Very disappointing... the hot tub by the pool was not hot.

Beautiful hotel and wonderful staff.

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

main entrance was also the valet drop-off, a pull-around driveway, although there were plenty of attendants. there was no pedestrian walk-in door along the sidewalk, probably because the intersecting streets it sits on are quite busy.

location, privacy on the concierge floor.

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Pool was ok. No bar outside. Weird. U had to order via phone. Not enough poolside seating. Very disappointed. Had 2 kids there bored to death.

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The hotel continuously double-charged my credit card for everything. Almost maxed out my visa because they charged me twice for the room, charged for "incidentals" that were not consumed or used, and double-charged for the dinner. The restaurant charged $142 for a somewhat mediocre meal and then the hotel also charged for the meal again. For a $209 room I ended up being charged being charged almost $700. The different departments kept blaming the other departments passing the responsibility back and forth without resolving the problem. I may have to file a complaint with the Consumer Protection Division of the Attorney General's Office. Will never book a room at this crooked place again.

It was nice but, not worth the money.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

We were on a top floor but it sounded like there was construction and/or train tracks above us which made sleep a little bit harder.

We picked the hotel based on the location and easy walking to the Amway Center. It was the perfect spot for catching a concert and having dinner before. The full-service Starbucks in the lobby was a great bonus in the morning.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

While overall a great experience the bar was a bit disappointing. The female bartender was not very accommodating in that she substituted my drink with some generic version of Chambord...charged $17.50 and would not put it in a tall glass.

Loved the location, the room, and facilities. We always try to stay at the Bohemian.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I had the BEST stay, thank you; the staff could not have been more attentive. Special thanks to Faran, Jon Carlos, Denay and, Christina, in the bar. They guys, outside, were also, quite amazing. The problem with housekeeping, was, because my daughter, spent most of the time with our friends, in Maxwell Street, and her bed was covered in, detritus! The only question I would have, is, that, why was out water not, replaced, every time we drank it. It caused, only a small problem, but I had to drink some sort of juice, from the mini bar, and I would much, have preferred, just water. I can't wait to come back...you guys, are AWESOME!!! Xx <3

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The streets surrounding our hotel are closed every Fri and Sat night for block parties. When we picked up our car from the valet at 5:00pm to go out we were not told anything about the street closures. It took us 30 minutes to get back to our hotel due to the street closures. It should have only been a 5 minute drive. They should warn guests and offer them a map to demonstrate the best way to return to the hotel under these circumstances. I ordered room service and my menu item of choice was "waffles with pure maple syrup". I was disappointed to discover their "pure maple syrup" was really imitation syrup. There is an appreciable difference, especially to someone like myself who is from Vermont and only eats the real stuff!

The bed was very comfortable and the bedding was nice.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

Honestly, the price was a little high, the buffet brunch looked wonderful but a little too pricey.

A visual beauty, Art was everywhere, the interior design was amazing.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• King or Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Concierge Level

We did not get the room we booked. There was not a refrigerator in the room like I requested when booking for my husbands medicine. You can hear the people next to us and they had a dog. I was not informed of $100 incidental charge that would be refunded.

Close to where we were going. Staff was nice at checkin.

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We lost a bag at the airport and the staff of the hotel (concierge Phillip and manager Laura) bent over backward trying to help us locate it. I cannot say enough about how helpful and nice they were. The hotel itself is amazing and I would definitely stay there again!!!

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The customer service team has forgotten how to treat clients.

This is a spectacular property I've been coming to for the better part of 13 years. The location is great.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

The front desk person we spoke to was not very pleasant. the parking was very expensive not only did we pay nearly $900 for a 2 night stay we also had to pay 26 per night for parking in the hotel.

The room was very nice and the veiw we had was awesome

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There was nothing that I disliked about this property from the time I checked in to the time I check out.

Room service was awesome. Food was hot and tasty, and staff was excellent. Pool area service and food was excellent. The Sunday brunch is worth every penny and it's a nice selection.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Very difficult to find. Room layout was poor. no clock or alarm or telephone near the beds.

Vehicle greeting was very friendly as was front desk staff. Restaurant staff was very good but prices were high for what the kitchen provided. Beds were good

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Safe inoperative Took 3 hours to fix Room not made up till late pm Room bar not replenished Management on housekeeping side very poor

Room was ideal

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

What I can say is we just had bad luck. Our room had a needle on the floor - we notified management they came and removed said needle apparently it was a sewing needle? Then when we returned back to our hotel at 1am our A/C stopped working. Someone came out to address the issue.

The hotel was probably one of the nicest hotels I have stayed at in Orlando. The deco throughout the hotel was gorgeous! The staff went out of there way to make our stay enjoyable. Located in the heart of downtown I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Our stay was a birthday gift,but because the actual payee wasn't there,they charged our card. Was not happy. I did call to make sure there weren't going to be any issues and I was told no problem..

Beautiful Hotel and great location

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• King or Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Concierge Level

Never got to use concierge service , since it was only open in morning for breakfast. Sorry I paid the extra money to be on the Concierge level. All hotels that I have stayed in previously, had afternoon n early evening hours. Could have stayed on any floor and paid less for same service.

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Fantastic flare and art! Enjoyed the bar!

ice machine on the 7th floor isn't working

Everything was fine

Everything was good

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The parking charge was a bit excessive.

The room was well appointed and comfortable.

• King or Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Concierge Level

Everything was wonderful! Great trip, wish we could have stayed longer!

staff was not friendly

Clean

• King Room with Sofa Bed or Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Very comfortable bed. Beautiful hotel!

Prices are way inflated

Location.. quality

street noise

Location, overall standard

• King or Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Concierge Level

Poor service from multiple employees