Reviews of Grand Sierra Resort and Casino This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

2500 East 2nd Street, Reno, NV 89525, United States of America

#11 of 47 hotels in Reno

• Reviewed: July 17, 2018

Modern decor
    • Concierge Standard

That I over paid with the booking site I used. And I was given a different room. I booked a concierge w 2 queens. And I was given the A Standard. I don’t know if there’s a difference. But everything was fine with our stay.

I loved the decor and room size. The bed was comfortable. You must eat at the buffet great food options. I also liked that I didn’t have to go out and drive to get anything. Starbucks was right by our elevator.

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

We liked everything thing else
    • Grand Standard

Long lines too check in. And round table pizza needs more employees working we only seen 2 and waited for 1 hour for our pizza.

We liked everything thing else

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

Great stay!! Great price!!
    • Grand Standard

The very long check-in line.

EVERYTHING!! Valet parking, on site food and entertainment, beautiful room, all for an excellent price!! We'll go back!

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

Impressed!

I have no complaints!

It was a busy day, the line was almost to the door. The staff had me checked in quickly. I only waited thirty minutes when I thought it would be longer due to the amount of people in line. I was given a room upgrade and it was very nice and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. All in all I was extremely happy with my stay.

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

This place was just not for us. We prefer a smaller boutique style, personal hotel.
    • Summit Standard

Room was filthy, had not been vacuumed from previous guest, bathroom was dirty, dusty by the coffee area, not stocked properly for 3 guests, beds were very uncomfortable. A/C did not work properly. Way too cold throught hotel and restaurants. Hotel was very impersonal.

Restaurant options were good.

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

It was pretty nice, but employees/management need more training.
    • Summit Standard

At check in, I was not informed about perks/comps. I had fun gambling, but did not find out about the reward/points bonus cards until I was almost done with gambling....over $700, then I was told too bad. Most everyone I spoke to, their excuses for not being able to help was, I am a new employee. So I figured bad training. New employees should always be able to refer to a superior, or at least say, “I will get someone that will help”. This never happened and I was quite disappointed by this. Someone even told me that GSR was trying to hire 142 more employees.....this too was odd and unprofessional.

Room was nice, food was very good, lots of things to do, lots of slots/games, easy to get around.

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

We will return! We were super impressed with the GSC.
    • Summit Standard

The steakhouse was not our favorite part of our stay. We usually eat at Ruby River and find value for our money. Not so at Charles Palmer in the Grand Sierra. I would not recommend this restaurant. It is way overpriced and the value was not to be found. My steak was not cooked to my specifications and the waiter was rather haughty.

We had a great stay here! The room had a huge wow factor! Very comfortable bed and the bathroom was fantastic! The pool was great! We especially appreciate the adults only infinity pool. The only draw back was the steak restaurant. It's pricey and my steak was not cooked exactly according to my order. For the first time ever in a casino my clothes did not reek of cigarette smoke! The slots are kinda tight as well. But overall this casino rates very high in our experience!

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

Affordable because you pay for what you get.
    • The A Standard

Right when we checked in, they didn’t have a room for us even though I was already charged a deposit. It took forever to get that settled and a manager never came over to talk with me. They regulate the AC and our room never got cooler than 74 and my poor 16month old baby was so hot and sweating in his sleep. I called down to have someone service the AC or help us and nothing for fixed. Bathrooms in the casino were not tended to. Random dirty panties were in my stall.

Lots of things to do at this place so you don’t get bored. Rooms are really affordable too.

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

The property was great and almost everything is connected...
    • Summit Standard

The room was dirty. The bathroom and bedroom still needed to be wiped down and vacuumed.

The property was great and almost everything is connected inside. We had a fun little trip

It was ok.
    • Summit Standard

Pools and spa are dirty! Pool staff ( older man) was ery rud! Price at the facility did not match with the price showed in my receipt with booking. They added hidden costs!

Friendly staff. Rooms were clean

amazing
    • Summit Standard

I request nice room I have special needs daughter and it was her birthday and they give to us, nice view to the pool thanks for that, nice room and confortable beds I strongly recomended to families

• Reviewed: July 10, 2018

Fun for the whole family!
    • Summit Standard

We celebrated my husband's birthday here we had a cake and champagne delivered to the room! The whole family had Fun! We enjoyed the pool jacuzzi, bowing and go carts!

Pleasant
    • Grand Standard

I was confused about the loading and unloading if did not want to use valet. I think it would help if they posted how much it cost to use valet. I did not see half of what was there to see, but I thought I did. So perhaps a list of everything they offer and where it is might be helpful. If it is already list, I did not see it. I liked it okay, but we are not big crowd people. It was very crowded. I can see why people with family and kids would like it. We also felt the slots were a little tight. But who knows for sure. We requested ahead of time all the towels we needed, but it was not provided. But other than that the room and all was nice.

I liked the room. I liked that people seemed to be accommodated and having fun. I liked the lighting and it was brighter atmosphere, not dark.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

Was charged a $38 resort fee that was not predisclosed.
    • Concierge Standard

Was charged a $38 resort fee that was not predisclosed. Why does booking .com not include that? And there billfold with the keys said it was $28. Either way I was charged $38 that I believe was not fair Makes me not trust booking.coms website

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

Very easy to check in and out, pleasant staff.
    • The A Standard

Very easy to check in and out, pleasant staff. I stay every 3 weeks for a night on my way back from the Cancer Center in Phoenix. I look forward to my time at the hotel!

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

Nice stay, great view
    • Summit Standard

Room a bit small for length of our stay and no cooking appliances. Dirty underwear found behind desk drawer unit. Small trash cans in room. Hidden costs. Pool drink service REALLY!!! EXPENSIVE. $14 per drink seems high to me, under staffed.

Convenience Roomy shower fit me and wife comfortably. Pool remodel nicely done.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

The Ac did not work so I called the first night the guy and...
    • The A Standard

The Ac did not work so I called the first night the guy and and said nothing was wrong cause it was blowing air. We slept so uncomfortable it was 79 in there all night. Called the next day because we couldn’t stand it a Anymore I had to complain to get another room had to move Down a floor with all our stuff. Very inconvenient for us.

• Reviewed: July 1, 2018

Great place to relax and there is something for the whole family.
    • The A Standard

Didn't find anything that I found unpleasant.

Great pool area! I especially liked the over 21 area. It isn't as crowded as the other pool. The view of the city from the 16th floor was nice.

• Reviewed: June 28, 2018

This is a nice property but had some real issues such as elevators not working.
    • The A Standard

The elevators kept breaking down and we were on the 27th floor. Parking was a mess and the property just didn't seemed staffed up to handle 2000 guests.

• Reviewed: June 28, 2018

My stays in GSR has always been great.
    • The A Standard

Buffet during weekends are bit over prices. $30 per head or so. Where as in weekdays it's $13.

I have always been Grand Sierra Resort stayer. It's always been super convenient and fun staying there, Rooms are priced arguably affordable hence you will get everything under one room.

room was nice
    • The A Standard

would not let me use a bag cart. then had to get someone from the bell desk to track down the car keys and take our bags up. waste of time!!!!!

room was nice

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

I believe the above speaks for itself.
    • Summit Standard

I reserved the room under my son's name, on my credit card with me as the payee. When my son and his family arrived, the hotel couldn't find the reservation. After a long delay, the reservation was found. The hotel wouldn't accept my credit card, which my son had with him. I reserved a n/s room, but they were given a smoking room. It was filthy, so they refused it and returned to the front desk to ask for what was reserved. The agent was new and couldn't answer any questions; she kept consulting the manager, but the manager refused to come out to the front desk. The agent told my son there wasn't a room available. This all occurred between 9:30 p.m. and 10:45 p.m. Despite this, she ran his credit card and added over $100 in additional charges saying the resort fee was incorrect. For the next 90 minutes, my son and his family sat on a bench in the lobby trying to find a room in the area. Around midnight, I called the hotel's reservations line and spoke to Yainslie, who agreed to help, although the front desk wasn't her assigned area. She went there, found a VIP manager, and a non-smoking room was cleaned. My son, his wife, and his 3 little girls were in a room at approx. 12:40 a.m.

Yainslie, in room reservations. She provided outstanding customer service.

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

Great room and view. Bad showers.
    • Summit Standard

Shower door is backwards. You can't be out of the shower, turn it on, stick your hand in to check the temp of the water, because the door opens towards, in front of the shower head. Very annoying.

Pillows were nice.

Easy getaway.
    • Concierge Standard

Looser slots would have been more fun. Service forgot our bath mat and wash cloths 2nd night. Concierge breakfast room door did not work well with room keys.

Nice firm pillows. Good coffee maker. Nice decor

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

we enjoyed our stay, we love that there was plenty to do w/ the family
    • Concierge Standard

shower glass door had a hole/opening knob area which water seeped through and got onto granite floor each time we showered so we were weary that none us slipped and fell/hurt ourselves

great for a romantic and/or family get away. Plenty to do and place was clean

Expensive
    • The A Standard

The price was way too high for the value. The food service staff (cafe) were so-so NO service at the pool (pool-side) I was on the concierge floor - 25 and up - and went in to grab 1 plate of breakfast for my hubby and I to nibble on - they would not let me take the plate or a croissant (1) to my room! It felt like they had a lot of cheaters - taking tons of food to feed others, and yet I had to pay the price for it. NOT WORTH IT. At $250/night - should be much better service - and perks. Like include valet parking for that much.... not for the $89/rate but for $250 for 1 night? Disappointing.

The staff was good at the hotel The hotel is nicely laid out

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

Lots of things for the kids to do, good food in restaurants.
    • Concierge Standard

We reserved a 2 queen room, was given a 1 king with a rollaway. I have 2 teenagers. They are adult sizes. There was no way three of us could fir in the king bed. My 6+ foot tall son had to sleep on the floor.

Lots of things for the kids to do, good food in restaurants.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

I doubt we'll stay at your hotel again as there are better facilities within a short distance.
    • The A Standard

Check in was awful. Too few employees at check-in so there was a LONG line. When we finally arrived at the counter, the employee was curt and didn't apologize for the long wait. There were several employees just standing around at other counters so they should have been required to help out to expedite the check-in process. There were no washcloths in our room when we checked in. The thing we found most troublesome was the crowded parking lot and lack of covered parking.

Clean, quiet, comfortable bed and pillows, good exercise room.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

Happy Guest, very satisfied!
    • Grand Standard

Everything was great, just not enough time there too do all we wanted. The Air Conditioner never went below 70 and stayed there , it always crept up to 76. I like it cooler to sleep due to being Diabetic. All In all it was out of 10 a 9.5... My 1st time there.

Everything, the food and availability of choices excellent! I will stay there. The staff was professional, helpful, so very nice!

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

I enjoyed my stay and will come back
    • Grand Standard

The air conditioning was not cold enough. The thermostat could not be adjusted it was programmed for one temperature. I like it a little cold when I sleep

The value you get for money spent was great, I enjoyed the buffet very good food.

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

Bitter Sweet
    • Grand Standard

One of the staff members harrassed and followed me about my service dogs. Then when I wanted to volunteer the proof, she refused. The reason my dogs werent marked is because it was a last minute trip and i forgot their harnesses.

They have a really nice pool area with a 21 and up section. They have great incentives if you sign up for a players card.

• Reviewed: June 23, 2018

It was a good stay I will come back for sure. Beds are comfortable, great facilities
    • Summit Standard

I reserved The Summit room and the front desk clerk still tried to sell it to me for extra fee. When I said I got the summit, then she said "oh ok I'll give it to you" Bad room insulation you could hear the housekeeping staff early in the morning talking in the hallway

Clean room, great restaurant selection, friendly staff, comfy beds. microwave and refrigerator is a big plus having to heat up my daughter's food who's vegan. We enjoyed the shopping mall and arcade.

• Reviewed: June 21, 2018

Beautiful stunning pool!
    • Concierge Standard

I didn’t like that the hall needed to be vacuumed and I didn’t like that I got kicked out of pool area when I was just wanting a quiet spot. Other that that a beautiful hotel

Beautiful hotel next to lots of shopping malls. Great valet! Great check in! Great phone service! Was annoyed with the pool staff that was cleaning in the morning because i just wanted to sit and watch the water to relax but they kicked me out! I wasn’t bothering anybody just needed a quiet place so if u want a quiet spot don’t go there early in the morning. Other than that was pleased with all amenities

• Reviewed: June 19, 2018

Comfortable accommodations with a stunning view of the nearby mountains.
    • Grand Standard

Upon arrival, there was no clear direction on where to park or where to enter the facility. I had to call the hotel to get directions while circling the facility.

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

Nice stay
    • Grand Standard

The location is away from other casinos but in a good all around location. It's near the freeway and the airport. They don't have shuttles to downtown, rodeo, Aces stadium but they do to the airport.

Nice, clean hotel with a very nice room and great views. The casino is large with all the games and various restaurants. They have things going on all around the property. The pool is nice and big, it has it's own adult pool with great views. The room was big and really nice. It had everything, a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The set up was nice with a cool bathroom. I will definitely be back and stay again.

• Reviewed: June 17, 2018

Nice Casino
    • Grand Standard

The location is further away from other casinos and events.

It was a really good stay, not any complaints. Nice comfortable rooms, bathrooms are good also. They have nice restaurant's and a good variety. The pool is really nice an adult pool up top with its own bar. It has a big casino with plenty of games. It is a good hotel/ casino, I will stay here again.

• Reviewed: June 17, 2018

The rooms were nice.
    • Summit Standard

More people checking guest in would be nice.

The rooms were nice. The bathroom was amazing. Clean. Shower was spacious and the water pressure was nothing I’ve ever experienced in any other hotel. I would stay here again for sure!

• Reviewed: June 14, 2018

Special quality family time well overdue...well enjoyed
    • Summit Standard

Although my Husband & I overlooked it, when we first arrived it was stuffy & smelled as if it hadn't had fresh air for awhile. Also, there were 2 GSR water bottles...1 was opened & halfway filled. It just seemed like no one had occupied the room in awhile...just my opinion. It was minor considering how happy our kids were, so I just told the front desk about the quarter-sized piece of wallpaper that was torn back to assure we receive our full deposit back.

My family & I liked the many activities they had on the property. Bowling, movies, arcade kept gave the kids busy & happy! The property was isolated with everything my family needed & prefer...not around all the action. It was right by the freeway. The rooms have a refrigerator & microwave with Walmart less than 5 minutes away...a $ saver. We enjoyed our mini vacation on a budget. We will definitely return & stay in a Summit room. It is closest to activities & popular to families. But if you're going on a romantic getaway, I'd upgrade.

• Reviewed: June 14, 2018

It was an "OK" stay
    • Grand Standard

There was nothing that I can say that I didn't like. Some things weren't for me but many others seemed to be enjoying them....

Enjoyed the Grand Buffet. The beds were comfortable. The staff was excellent.

• Reviewed: June 13, 2018

The first night stay was nice. But the second night was not good they need to upgrade the smoking rm
    • Summit Standard

I didn't like the second night where we moved to a smoking room, it was smelly, no fridge, no microwave and the toilet made a running noise after flushing and the tub filled up like a bath while taking a shower.

I liked the summit king room it had the view of the water and pool. We enjoyed ourselves

• Reviewed: June 12, 2018

a wonderful place to stay
    • Grand Standard

was disapointed that the bath counter was gritty and had a film on it . housekeeping came and cleaned it. residue from there cleaning product. hairdryer was missing. housekeeping brought a replacement.tub drain was backing up with shower. fixed next day. complained next AM at front desk and they reimbursed resort fee.

very nice layout of the resort. many activities you could do- gamble , swim, bowl, concert, eat, golf, relax at bars, watch sports on large screen. rooms were quiet and roomy and beds were comfortable.

• Reviewed: June 12, 2018

The room was very nice, great view and the staff was...
    • Grand Standard

Our floor was freezing compared to the others. I didn't even want to walk through it because it was so cold. Also our heater in our room wouldn't stay on very well. I would recommend fixing that or at least giving the rooms an extra blanket in the closet!

The room was very nice, great view and the staff was friendly! We stayed in the new tower and the shower was amazing and spacious. We upgraded for $30 and was very pleased it was worth it! Would come here again any time I'm in Reno!

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

The check in process took nearly 2 hours as rooms were not...
    • The A Standard

The check in process took nearly 2 hours as rooms were not ready and then keys would not work. We had to make multiple trips to the reception and honestly were too tired to enjoy the place. We had booked rooms with 2 queen beds but ended up with single king size beds. All amenities are charged extra. Definitely not worth the price

• Reviewed: June 10, 2018

Great stay in reno.
    • Grand Standard

The lady who checked me in was condescending. I felt very small and I hated that.

Everyone else was fantastic. Loved that they had my fave Molton brown.

• Reviewed: June 10, 2018

Bed was comfy.
    • Summit Standard

Wanted to eat at the buffet, but full adult price for a 12-year-old seems extreme. We went elsewhere, rather than spend $100 for 2 adults and a 12-year-old to eat.

Bed was comfy. Bathroom was luxurious. Pool and hottub and surrounding seating, etc., were awesome!

Very nice
    • Grand Standard

First room I had was not cleaned well. My service dog found pills on the floor and there were big dust bunnies on floor

The helpful staff. The fast service.

• Reviewed: June 9, 2018

Glad we left but rooms are good.
    • Grand Standard

The staff tried twice to upgrade for an extra charge and when I didn’t take those he asked if I was willing to take a queen room...reluctantly I did....only to find out they ran out of kings...so I wouldn’t have received one anyway. I should have received a free upgrade instead of a downgrade to a roof view room for the same price. Not too happy with room change game. Dinner at the Grand cafe was a joke. Asked for a chef salad...received something else...he told us that chicken has a lot of protein and it’s good!! We didnt argue and just kept it. It affected his tip with a stupid comment like that.

Close the where we needed to be

• Reviewed: June 9, 2018

Clean, quiet stay with great entertainers!
    • Grand Standard

The pool was way too crowded - I didn't even attempt to enter. I also did not care to go in as the sign at the entrance said there was "an additional charge (no amount given) today for live entertainment at the pool".. and I did not go to be entertained - I wanted to swim (wrong idea, I guess?!). Not one rack in the bathroom of our room - only one hook behind the door... I found that annoying. The machines in the casino did not pay off well, and there were very few (compared to other places I have been) that had lower bets on the slot machines.

Comfy beds, quiet room, several restaurants from which to choose for dining. Convenient to have it out of town to avoid parking issues in downtown. Theater was great, and employees there very helpful! Good security. Check-in a bit slow, (Everyone seemed to be checking in at 3 PM) but the line moved along swiftly with the help of attentive and courteous hotel employees.

• Reviewed: June 8, 2018

Enjoyable !
    • Grand Standard

It was Casino /Hotel. A lil pricey, but it's upscale. Very convenient services on site.. Check in.. no need to leave for anything !!!! As one would expect !!!

• Reviewed: June 8, 2018

Would not book again,at his hotel
    • Grand Standard

Long wait for someone to come to look at the non working safe. No wash cloth, I was told they ran out. Staff did not knew answers to my questions about in town directions. The usual answer was I am not from here.

Casino

• Reviewed: June 6, 2018

If you like loud noise this place would be fine for you.
    • Summit Standard

We chose this place because it had a nice pool and we thought we would just spend the day relaxing around the pool. However we don't like listening to Rap like music so loud it vibrates through your body. Many people complained but having extremely loud music is their priority. Unfortunately our room also overlooked the pool and even 19 stories up and dual paned windows we could still hear the music. Also website says pool is open 24/7. Not so maybe 10 - 8?

Room was a nice size, bed was comfortable. They had a shuttle so getting to and from the airport was very easy. There is a Walmart within easy walking distance so you don't always have to pay high costs for food.

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

Overall I enjoyed my stay. Would like to have more time to explore and use the facility
    • Grand Standard

Although room 617 had only one adjacent room, the location seemed to be next to the elevators going to higher floors. All night I heard the elevators go up and down making it hard to fall asleep.

Cantina Restaurant customer service was excellent. The receptionist accommodated my request to sit in a booth. The busser was very friendly and my server was was very attentive. Food was great! Room was clean and bathroom had quality towels.

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

Overall, a comfortable and reasonably priced accommodation with multiple family friendly amenities.
    • Summit Standard

The beds were very comfy, i didn't even need to use my own pillow because the provided pillow was also comfortable! I wish we had been supplied wirh washcloths in the bathroom as i consider them an essential item. I don't recommend eating at the grand cafe because the food is overpriced for the quality, but our server there was a complete doll and treated us like we were in a fine dining establishment, not a cafe. All other meals were good and reasonable for the price. Pool was nice and my toddler enjoyed the splash pad. I wish i didnt get a room right off the elevator lobby because it was loud ALL NIGHT. Not just with people getting on and off, but mechanical sounds of it running.

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

We loved the place it's beautiful.
    • Grand Standard

The gentleman was not friendly and rudd at checking us in.

The gentleman that checked us in was Not to nice and somewhat rudd. Very unfriendly and poor customer service. At check out was a different story she was very friendly.

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

Clean comfortable modern decor and a mini kitchen with a...
    • Summit Standard

Not enough lighting in the bathroom for my wife.

Clean comfortable modern decor and a mini kitchen with a frigerator and micro that was perfect for our food and drinks.

Great pool and staff.
    • Summit Standard

I really like the property and all the amenities, however the location is not ideal. It is far from any other restaurant or outside activities. Not within walking distance to anything.

I loved the staff, who were very friendly and helpful. The pool area was also fabulous with many different options for families, singles and couples. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

We had a nice and comfortable weekend
    • Summit Standard

at times, the lines or the wait at the elevators. Food prices are expensive, $90.00 (plus tip) for breakfast, for four people.

Was not over-crowed for the weekend. easy to get to everything and every where we went. Bathroom were nice with the glass shower doors and had an exhaust fan. Wal-Mart was a short walk away. We went to the Arcade, Pool, Bowling Alley and the Go-Karts. The Doobie Brothers was in the Concert Hall,

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

the Room was very nice.
    • Summit Standard

The omelette had a layer of cheese slices. Would have much rather preferred shredded cheese.

the Room was very nice. Nicer than expected. Loved the larger fridge.

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

Checkin and checkout staff were rude and assumptive.

Checkin and checkout staff were rude and assumptive. Could not commit to providing adjoining rooms for our minor children nor two queens instead of one king. Ended up having to cram 5 ppl in one room with two queens. Never told us we couldn’t cancel our Friday night bc of a holiday weekend. Were stuck paying for it even though we didn’t go and tried to cancel in advance. Manager was called and was very nice! Pool and pool bar were awesome - bar staff not friendly but probably bc it was busy. Rooms were clean but no microwave was disappointing.

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

Nice room for a good price
    • Grand Standard

With the savings I had to wait an hour after my check in time just to get a clean room and if I wanted a room immediately I had to pay an upgrade price

The room was really

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

Fantastic

The room had no toilet paper when we 3 older woman traveling together

The hotel pool area was fabulous.the staff was very friendly. The room was amazing

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Wouldn’t come back.
    • Summit Standard

Showed up with nonsmoking reservation for 4 with 2adults 2 teens, one with asthma. Was told the only room they had on no smoking floor had a king size bed only and we would have to stay on smoking floor. It reeked of smoke but they promised to bring up some fans. At 3 am and multiple calls to housekeeping and management it was clear we wouldn’t get them and never did. Was moved to better room next day but we were all exhausted and smelled like smoke.

Big rooms. Comfortable beds

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

It was very mediocre, simply due to the way things were handled with our room situation.
    • Summit Standard

It was very frustrating to stay at the Grand Sierra. When we arrived at the hotel at 9:00pm, our room was not ready (check in is at 3:00pm). They told me the rooms with 2 queens had all not been cleaned, which is rediculous. I was expecting some money back in return due to my family having to squeeze in a small room with one bed, but we got nothing in return. I was very disappointed and we more than likely won’t be staying at the Grand Sierra again or use booking.com, since it apparently is in your clause that we are not guaranteed the rooms we reserve. (We we’re not the only family to go through this, nearly every family downstairs checking in had the same issue)

It was nice to have all the facilities in the hotel and the location to where we needed to go was great .

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

Good restaurant variety, with an excellent dinner at Charlie...
    • Grand Standard

At least on Floor 3, the awful SMOKY SMELL, which in some rooms was TERRIBLE. Better breakfast option, and more consistent service.

Good restaurant variety, with an excellent dinner at Charlie Palmer Steak. Breakfast at Grand Cafe NOT good, with horrid service. Service overall was spotty....some nice, some indifferent, and some downright rude.

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

It's a beautiful inside and out your front desk is fast for the check in in the checkout
    • Grand Standard

The first room I received smells so much like cigarette smoke they told me they could come and spray something and said they move me to a different room I couldn't get the sink to unclog and I think it would be helpful for handicap bathroom do you have a shower wand and a seat

Great customer service at the check-in counter

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

Nice place to stop on our drive to our final destination.
    • Grand Standard

I detested the $50 security deposit we had to pay that I didn't see listed on booking.com when I made the reservation. The taxes and resort fees were almost more than the cost of the room. Also we were told we were in a King bed room and when we walked to the room found it to be a queen double. After some discussion we were moved to a King bed (also a double which we didn't need).

For a non-smoke free casino, it didn't smell too bad. Our room was non-smoking and had no smoke residue.

Huge waste of money.
    • Grand Standard

Had a room on the second floor with a view of a brick wall. I feel like my rooms should have been $150 not $300. Huge waste of money and not worth it at all. For $300 I can have a king suite with a luxury bathroom in the Tuscany tower at the peppermill. I will never stay at the GSR again and will make sure to tell everyone I know not to stay there.

Staff was nice

• Reviewed: May 26, 2018

Mediocre. Would not stay again.
    • Grand Standard

We questioned the cleanliness of the room upon leaving as we went to shower and there was what looked to be feces on the shower curtain that was not taken care of before we checked in.

Nice casino area. The rooms need some work. Look much better in the pictures than in person.

Clean, quiet room.
    • Grand Standard

The bed was too soft. Your head kind of gets lost in the pillows...pillows way too airy.

The entire staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. Liked the many shops on the property. My room was very quiet.

• Reviewed: May 26, 2018

All in all, our visit was great.
    • The A Standard

All in all, our visit was great. The only problem was finding our seats for the Poison/ Cheap Trick concert. Out of frustration, we ended up sitting in two vacant seats that I knew were not the correct ones. Overwhelmed usher finally showed us to our seats and believe it or not, one of them physically did not exist and a chair was brought in! Still had a good time.

• Reviewed: May 26, 2018

The staff, valet, and bell were very
    • Summit Standard

We are a retired couple staying for one night! We were given a fair rate then you docked me facility usage fee which we didn't use! We got there late one day and it rained the next! I feel we were duped with this not included in the on line price!

The staff, valet, and bell were very friendly! Food was good and the Astros won! It was great!!!

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

Just a basic place with no quiet bar area!
    • Summit Standard

The pillows were awful! The pool was just basic and they hype it was given I expected way more. Every bar we tried to have a quiet drink at was very loud!!

The buffet was awesome but expensive for a family of five.

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

Not the best e Petrie very this to
    • Grand Standard

Not to have someone come into our room and cancel our key so we couldn’t get in was a big mess

They where overbooked had other people come into one of our rooms late at night twice

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

My family and I had a great time at your fascilities and hope to come back again.
    • Grand Standard

The self parking was a little inconvenient. And the cigarette smoke was not pleasant.

The customer service at the restaurant was good. When it was about to close and still very busy I saw two manager like staff step in and provided good customer service.

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

Everything the staff was great place was clean room was big...
    • Grand Standard

Nothing at all everything was above and beyond

Everything the staff was great place was clean room was big and the house keeping did extra things for us without ever asking like folded out swim suits and my suit great place and great time

Browse Grand Sierra Resort and Casino Traveler Photo Gallery