Reviews of HGU New York 4 stars

34 East 32nd Street, New York, NY 10016, USA

#75 of 415 hotels in New York

• Queen Standard

We couldnt sit in the roof bar on sun evening

The location was convenient for the empire state building and the metros. The chambermaids for friendly and the rooms were very clean.

• Queen Deluxe

When you come across a hotel this good, the temptation is not to tell anyone so that you can keep it for yourself! The staff is great, as is the location, and the facilities are stunning. Beautiful rooms, comfy beds, lovely bathrooms... Can't wait to come back.

• King Standard

We liked the hotel, but the price of the room is quite high mainly because of the location. A coffee maker and a kettle would be useful additions.

Excellent location & comfortable bed. Nice roof bar as well. Very helpful and friendly staff.

• King Standard

The rooms are small but that's just NY and i expected it - you need to book a suite to have room. But beds are very comfortable and its spotless and enough room for one person. My room was on 5th floor on the street side and the only real downside is VERY noisy air conditioning unit (i think this was a building across the street) which was impossibly loud. I asked if I could move rooms but it was too late at that point, though the helpful staff did move me in the morning to the 10th floor which was an extremely quiet room, so i was clearly just unlucky the first night. Its good they serve free coffee, but be aware you have to go get it downstairs in the morning - there's no kettle in your room.

Its a clean, comfortable and stylish hotel in good location. The staff were fantastic and very helpful. The decor is unique and interesting, good wifi, with very clean and nice rooms. They give you free water (not everywhere does) and there is free coffee in the morning but oddly its served downstairs so you cant have it in your room when you wake up.

• King Deluxe

I didn't like the fact there was no sun in the room. Basically I'm use to being woke up by the sun but with our room it was impossible because it was a brick wall and metal stack we were looking at. Also the tub had a slow leak and I should have said something before checkout and I'm sure they would have taken care of it.

I loved the bed, the bar and the friendly staff! It was my partners bday and they definitely treated him well. Everyone was so friendly and helpful with suggestions.

• King Deluxe

The smell in the lobby. The dark room and view og a shagt inside the building or alternativly loud noise from the building across the street. Can’t understand the **** rating.

The rooftop bar

• King Standard

From the pictures on the website the whole facility looks larger than it is, from the bar to the restaurant to the rooms. I was meeting friends from other hotels and if we had convened in this bar the party of ten would have been a little cramped.

Could not fault the staff. Very friendly and helpful.

• King Deluxe

It was very dark, even with all the lights and lamps. Just one small window. King deluxe was not so comfortable as expected. Average stay for 1 or 2 nights, I would say. Deposit was not mentioned in the payment detail's but we ended up with 500$ bloked on the CC.

Definitely staff! Very kind and helpfull lady checked us in, late afternoon and out. Forgot her name but she was blonde hair ;)

• King Deluxe

They really need better management and operational efficiency. The restaurant is beautiful; the food is fabulous; but it's erratic. Sometimes there are menus, sometimes, not. They run out of things. There is wait staff, or there isn't. I ordered continental breakfast via room service one morning and go ham, turkey and flatbread triangles. What the hell? The general manager was incredibly rude to me. Room service one night took 1-1/2 hours. Even housekeeping needs work. I was out of my room from noon to 3;30 one day and at 4, housekeeping knocked to see if I needed service. 4 in the afternoon? I had them put in fresh towels because the rooms are so small, you can't make the bed if someone else is in the room. Then she left the room service trays. Another night, I went into the large 1905 Lounge with clients. No bartender. No staff at all although they were supposedly open. Got some service; they brought us a complimentary cheese tray; then added it to my bill. In short: I need to say once again that this gorgeous hotel needs new and much better management.

The staff is the best of the best. They are friendly, efficient, kind. The hotel is beautiful. Two inside cocktail lounges and a rooftop lounge. Beds are comfy. Bathrooms are large with lovely products. Rooms are small but have everything you need. I love the location. Very nearby subway. Easy to get taxis. This is my go-to hotel in NYC. I also have clients with offices very nearby so it's convenient for them to meet, too.

• King Deluxe

Not so much wardrobe space even in our King room. A lot of cushions and bedding to throw off at night. No tea/coffee-making facilities in room. And only 2 thin windows that looked out onto the rear of some private apartments.

All staff were very pleasant. The hotel had a nice feel - classic yet still a bit trendy. The location was pretty good - 33rd Street Metro entrance is just a minute away. Breakfasts are served until 11am! and there is a cozy rooftop terrace and bar.

• King Standard

The pipes had a rattling sound that was annoying, but didn't keep me awake.

The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. The location was excellent. The staff was helpful and kind.

• King Standard

Mini bar in the room is ridiculously over priced - $9 for a small bottle of water.

Great boutique hotel. Looks and feels very upscale. Clean room, comfortable bed. Shower is awesome, water pressure is better than what we have at home.

• Queen Deluxe

Breakfast was overall good, but service at the table could be more efficient.

Great position in the middle of Manhattan. Few meters from the metro line, few meters from bars and restaurants, ~200 meters from the Empire State Building. The bed was really comfortable, the bathroom was always clean, the staff was generally really friendly.

• Queen Standard

Continental breakfast not worth the $20 per person. You can get much better elsewhere We stayed in Greenwich village and West Village before and I prefer those areas vs this location.

Beautiful rooms, clean, comfortable and staff very accommodating. Had an amazing stay!

• King Deluxe

Location near 6 train and 1 block away from Herald square. Room is spacious for NYC standard. In the heart of Korean town, many 24 hour restaurants nearby.

• King Deluxe

The booking.com booking didn’t appear on the hotels system and the hotel was fully booked in the room type we booked. Reception were excellent and upgraded to a suite. Rooms slightly smaller than used to but may be the norm for NYC. No view from window but again may be the norm. Hotel very upmarket, nice bar downstairs. Very impressed and would stay again.

• King Deluxe

The room is very clean, the section of implements in the room very ready to use. The shower is easy to know how temperature of water and very clean with the light just right.WiFi is very fast, I can guarantee that you won't be disappointed. I will love to come back.

• Queen Standard

The room make me headache, once I enter the room, I felt headache until I get out of it. Not sure why. Room is very small. The front desk guy is rude. Anything you ask him is no. He worked at noon shift (5/20/2018) and morning shift (5/21/2018).

Only two stuffs at HGU make me feel great. One called Francis I think ( a lady) she worked afternoon shift(5/20/2018). And the other stuff is the doorman don’t know his name but he work afternoon shift (5/21/2018)

• King Deluxe

Room was a little dark. We had a King deluxe and didn’t realise it was the queen rooms that faced the street. Very comfortable, spacious room however .

Bed was very comfortable. WiFi was very good.

• Queen Standard

Shower gel and shampoo empty. Hairdryer broken. Fridge so loud I thought it was construction work outside. Room too small to sit at a desk or do anything really. View of a wall from the window. All that for only $370

Décor was nice. Bed was comfortable

• King Standard

Had to rearrange the furniture in the room so that it was possible to walk round the bed. The bar was booked for private functions so didn't get to try it

• Queen Deluxe

Room service was delicious but the menu wasn't up to date.

Easy, comfortable hotel in midtown. The room was spotless and the bed very comfortable. The staff downstairs were a little on the brisk side, but you know, when in New York...

• King Deluxe

I booked a King Deluxe and on arrival they placed me in a normal king. On informing them it was not the size as per what was listed on the website, and as we had booked, they did not immediately move us. We had to pursue. There were no towels for 15 hours - literally. Nor a robe to even use as a substitute. Apparently their delivery didn’t arrive but they didn’t apologise nor give an option to compensate.

• King Deluxe

The room was really dark (a small window in the far corner of the room and in the bathroom...). It was quite noisy too despite what the staff told us (in the night you could hear the party going on somewhere in the building).

• Queen Standard

While the rooms were a rather small, the decor was clean and modern, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was sizable, the rooftop bar had an amazing evening view of the Empire State Building and the staff was nothing short of awesome, especially Danielle who worked the front desk and Jason, the bartender. Great hotel, great location!!! I was very satisfied 😃

• King Standard

King standard room is way too small for 2 people. The size of the room is basically the size of the bed itself.

Excellent location, very nice restaurant/bar.

• King Standard

It was very noisy in the room. Insulation is not good, I guess.

Staff - friendly, location is very good. The groups performed in bar 'Lounge 1905' were fantastic.

• Queen Standard

The room, for which I chose the prepaid option, was the size of a queen bed with just enough room to walk around the bed. The window faced a brick wall. I chose the hotel above and beyond location due to the lounge bar (which was closed for a private event) and the roof top bar (which did not open until May 1).

The staff was welcoming and efficient. The location was great and easy to find Ubers or taxis. The unique style of the boutique hotel was as represented. The room was well appointed but tiny. The bathroom was ample size with good lighting. The bath gel and lotion were really nice.

Nothing. Loved it all.

King size bed was out-of-this-world comfortable, slept extremely well even though we looked out onto the Main Street. Staff were so helpful and friendly. Location was right beside the subway and around the corner from the Empire State Building. Not too far from anywhere! Would definitely be back.

• King Deluxe

Small rooms, not much in the way of amenities, lacking in things like shower cap, cotton wool etc in the bathroom. Room not cleaned one day.

Location and the bars - great place to chill

• Queen Deluxe

Staff was super friendly and very helpful! They all knew how and where to go or get whatever we needed. The subway is just down the street and walking from the hotel was very easy. We stayed in a queen deluxe room which was spacious and comfortable. On Monday evenings the hotel holds an Open Mic night in their lounge. It was Iike being in Studio A in Motown! It was an awesome experience all around! We would definitely stay there again.

• Queen Deluxe

The hotel was a pleasant surprise. Very much a boutique experience. The hotel was very well cared for, staff were attentive and helpful. Our room was comfortable and very clean, if small. On our last day, we were rushed and so had breakfast at the hotel. Another surprise. The food was excellent. I give them an all around A. I’m very happy we stayed there.

• King Deluxe

Despite the location and the amazing staff, this hotel is easily one of the worst I've ever stayed in. The cleaning was very poor (a bit of tissue on the bathroom floor was left there from day one of our stay until the day we left, our bedding wasn't ever changed during a 7 day stay). The rooms have no natural light and even if you opt for a bigger room, it's still a box where you will struggle to fit your suitcases. We had to move room because our room was too noisy - we were on floor 1 and could hear pounding disco music and loud pipes all night. All in all, the staff did their very best to help make our stay good but they could only do so much. The problem isn't the staff, it's the lack of cleaning and it's the outdated rooms and the lack of soundproofing. I won't stay here again.

Good location and the staff were incredibly friendly and beyond helpful.

• King Deluxe

The room size for a King Deluxe was very small - thought I would get something like the floor plan on the website, but mine was smaller.

Excellent staff. My reservation was cancelled by accident and they handled it very pleasantly, without any stress for me. Location is very good. Rooms are quiet.

• King Standard

We had queen rooms which were of high quality in terms of the decor but it was a little snug moving around the room with two of us. Guess we could have upgraded to bigger rooms if finances had allowed!

We didn’t have breakfast so can’t give feedback on the quality. It was great, though, to have free coffee available in the morning. The bed was super comfy which meant we had many good nights’ sleep.

• Queen Standard

Could use little adjustments to make smarter use of the small space, eg. a cubby under the bed where guests can put away their suitcase (otherwise there's really no room for it), and more hooks and overhead shelf-space.

Good location on the 4/6 line. Very friendly and professional staff. The room was as small as you'd expect for NYC, but came with nice little touches (the use of an iPad, free waters, etc.).

• Queen Standard

Everything was great; only comment was about the size of the room (queen) but I guess we could have paid more for a bigger room! 😀

Amazing location right in the heart of things. The decor, cleanliness and facilities in the room were very good. The bed was fabulous - great size. The room was a little snug to move around in with two of us but as we were out most of the day it didn’t impact too much.

• Queen Standard

Nothing, we had a fantastic stay!

Beautiful room and huge comfortable bed. The staff were really helpful, especially with the problems caused by the snowstorm. Excellent location, walkable to Times Square and Empire State Building.

• King Deluxe

The room was kept messy and shower not cleaned until you call housekeeping at 5 or 6pm. Heating /airconditioning not working well. Noisy room even on the 9th floor. No new soap for the whole stay .

The hotel was a lot less impressive than described . Housekeeping very inefficient

• King Standard

Something about the general atmosphere didn't quite click. Just not very welcoming, it's a hipster vibe which is sort of too cool to be friendly, so a little stiff and cold. Rooms were very very small and not very soundproof. Keep in mind, it's a very small hotel.

The beds were very comfortable. The design was overall pleasant. We got 2 free drinks at the bar included in the room.

• Queen Standard

Great location and value for midtown Manhattan. Excellently appointed rooms, great facilities and very clean. Professional and extremely helpful staff. You have to expect smaller rooms for this price in midtown, so it's not a negative. Large bathroom.

• King Standard

The staff were really good, some more friendly than others and a couple could be perceived as slightly aloof but but all in all really great with a few stand out team members going the extra mile with a smile and making the effort to engage in conversation.

Loved the whole vibe of HGU. The rooms were stylish and comfortable and the location was absolutely perfect! So close to top landmarks.

Hmmmm. Nothing.

The staff seems genuinely sincere in their service which is such a relief, especially when your trip just turns into one of those where so many things go wrong and it’s your turn to be ‘that’ customer who needs to change this and that etc. My stay here is always very calming.

• King Standard

This place is pretty perfect. What's not to like?

I stay in NYC hotels a minimum of 3 months a year. I can say without a shadow of a doubt, The HGU is my favorite hotel yet. Beautiful, large, newly decorated rooms, in a 👌 midtown location, combined with great staff. It's a smaller (in room numbers) hotel, so creates a boutique feel, with staff constantly catering to your every whim. I wanted to extend my stay and they made it seamless. Couldn't be more grateful for my stay at HGU. 🔝🏩👌👏👌👏

• Queen Deluxe

The steet-facing windows of my room were old and poorly maintained, resulting in cold air and noise coming in from the street.

Very cosy and sleek throughout the entire property, from lobby to bathroom.

• King Deluxe

Last time I stayed here I enjoyed the lovely quiet library / bar. This time it was the venue for a different party every evening. There are not many other public areas so a bit disappointing.

Nice room - decent size

• Queen Deluxe

Do expect to hear other guests close their room doors in the morning / late night, it was fairly loud but ear plugs were provided!

We loved our stay! The room & bathroom were very clean, bed and pillows were comfortable. Perfect location for us! The subway is right around the corner and a great comic book store downstairs!

• King Standard

Small room, not great view from the window. On the first day, the staff(lady) gave me room cards which I couldn't open my room. Another staff just happened to pass my room and he helpd me with his master key. The cards weren't set up correctly. Also her hand writing Wifi passcode was bad and I couldn't connect Wifi soon. Somehow I found out her mistake and I need not to call the frontdesk because I didn't want to talk to her again!! Other than that, this hotel is very cool place and nice staffs.

Location. It was very good access to go anywhere. Clean room. It was a Small room, but enough for solo traveler.

• Queen Standard

I was on the 2/F facing street and was slightly noisy.

Most hotels in NY are old and small - HGU surprised me with the Art Deco and comfortable bed, and a proper bathroom. Very centrally located that you could get by easily with subway or uber. Staff has been extremely nice and helpful too!

• Queen Standard

Staff was VERY friendly and accommodating. Room was comfy and very clean. Great beds, bathroom was big! Loved the complimentary coffee in the mornings. The bar and restaurant were lovely, too. Great stay, I would highly recommend HGU!

• King Standard

The waitress at breakfast is the most offensive , opinionated member of staff I have ever come across in many years of travel I was ushered by security to see a manager Then taken to another room to meet Bryan To discuss the feelings of the waitress mentioned She was not present to justify her complaint about me And I was a guest reduced to having to defend my actions ? Another guest staying said she was incredibly rude on a daily basis? He had been staying for 3 days I would not recommend staying at this hotel if you have to live under the cloud of her and worryingly I feel that she is unaccountable for her behaviour to guests At the cost of a lovely hotel

Very comfortable rooms and nice bar in the back of the building

• King Standard

Our particular room had a decently loud noise coming from the bathroom (it was either from the pipes or ceiling fan) which occurred every hour or so and lasted about 15seconds.

The rooms were comfortable and the staff was fantastic. Very nice and helpful throughout our stay.

• King Standard

It was a wonderful stay, loved our bed, clean quiet room, service, location and a lively atmosphere in the evenings in the downstairs lounge. Would happily stay again:)

• King Deluxe

The location is great. We walked easily to some attractions or to the subway. The room was of decent size and clean with a good. Personnel was very friendly. We did not have breakfast in the hotel so we can’t comment on this.

• King Standard

room was kind of cold and I couldn't manage it to warm up even there was a heater. Room was extremely small just a bed. Besides I had lots of problem with the bathroom. Shower and sink kind of blocks the water it is not released easily. I could not use the shampoo as well as it was locked in a locked and shampoo was either empty or broken so I couldn't use it. Lots of other problems so for that price better to stay somewhere else.

stuff was good

• King Deluxe

This was our first stay at HGU and would definitely stay there again! The hotel was clean and comfortable, the staff were great and the hotel is in a great location!

• King Standard

There was an offer when we booked the room: breakfast was included for almost nothing more. Of course, we took it. But what a disappointment... The price for the continental breakfast is supposed to be 20 dollars each. I would never pay that price for what you get: Dry bread, a bit of cheese and ham, yogurt (not always available), fruits, and the basics butter and jam and one choice of cereals. The coffee was awful, I would call that "jus de chaussette" in French. And the service!! We felt like both of the waiters were overwhelmed at all times. Even though, they only had 5-6 tables occupied. They didn't know what they were doing, and I had to ask for my bread to be toasted twice, which was already too much to ask... I definitely don't recommend to take the brekky. The room was very small, that's NY size basically but very well cleaned every day. At night, they were organising parties or having lots of people coming for drinks. Sometimes it felt like entering in a club. We didn't really like that atmosphere, especially when you want peace and quiet.

We had a room on the 7th floor, so we didn't get any noise from outside, which was great! The king size bed was really comfy. Location was great and very close to the subway.

• King Standard

The room was a decent size for what you typically get in New York. The bed was very comfortable and there was enough space to put luggage and move around. The bathroom was very pretty and well appointed with nice shampoo/conditioner/body wash. Good central location for getting around the city. Like any city hotel, its a little noisy if you stay on a lower floor, but its not horrible.

• King Standard

Didn’t get to see the actual bar due to functions, though staff at the smaller bar were very accommodating and made drinks from the larger menu for us

Comfy bed, big closet for suitcases & great walk in shower

• Queen Standard

The staff were so friendly. I found the room size fantastic and the bathroom was lovely and very clean. My bed was soooo comfy! Great location, close to Flatiron and loads of restaurants. Very safe. Great room service.

• King Deluxe

The rooms were small with little storage and a tiny window out to an all brick enclosure where you could barely see the sky if you looked up (this was after requesting a room with a view). Also, the lobby is small and awkward. The restaurant had a "continental breakfast" with only bread (no toast) and some grapes. We were pretty disappointed in this hotel. At check in the person at the front desk bragged about a rooftop but mentioned it was only open in the spring. Why even mention it then? Frustrating!

The decor was nice. The hotel is located very close to a subway station and this made it very convenient for getting around. The area is also pretty safe. Check out Marta for some of the best Italian style pizza (it is right around the corner).

• King Standard

A small remark for the breakfast buffet, some of the bread (like ciabatta) was there every day and tasted stale, def need to change that. And one of the person serving didn’t meet the level of politeness we expect in a hotel rated so high. The never smiling face made us feel unwelcome.

We were on a holiday in a low season so we got good value for money. Room was cleaned daily and in general cleanliness was good. Staff met our needs with storing the luggage and changing the fluffy duvet cover to thinner one. Plenty Korean restaurants, shops and masssage around and a very lively neighborhood which is nice.

• Queen Standard

The standard room which we booked was very small so we opted for an upgrade although that was also very small especially by US standards.

Comfy bed and nice bathroom although it was rather small

• Queen Standard

Most of the staff were really great and tried hard to satisfy accept for one woman running the dining room, she needed a major attitude adjustment (:

The hotel bar was fun and hopping Friday night.

• King Deluxe

An electric kettle for tea / coffee would have been nice.

The hotel has a great atmosphere. Everyone in the staff was extremely nice, helpful and very accommodating. Was in room 809. King Deluxe. Quiet. Big enough. Comfortable. Great robe and slippers give a homely feeling. Subway station very close on the corner of street.

• King Deluxe

The view from the room was horrible and simply scary: a two meter wide inner yard surrounded by dirty red walls and a gigantic metal pipe. This view can not cost 175$ per night! Blinds have to be closed with such a view and there is not enough electric light. The room was very small and the stuff at the reception and the restaurant was arrogant.

Everything was clean and new, there was an ipad in the room, the bed was fantastically comfortable and the bathroom was also nice, clean and pleasant. The food in the restaurant was tasty!

• King Standard

The heating was awful, I was cold the whole time. You have to keep the airconditioner on all the time, which dries you out at the end and still not warm enough. I would prefer central heating. Breakfast was very limited. Almost no lobby area.

Room was very clean and decent, simple furnishing but included all amenities. Bed was very comfortable. Convenient location.

• Queen Deluxe

as said above; heating nonexistent in first room rooms are petite: I know NY and even for NY small

the positives: overall staff very very nice I met some interesting people to chat with at bar restaurant shared lobby etc tiny but very nicely done (well I know a lot about art and the one painting with the woman with red hair in the bar/lobby awful!) but otherwise some interesting enough visuals. better than old school hotel art design of furniture fresh very modern rose hillnrestaurant very high quality-worth a visit even if not a guest location fine: says it is Nomad tchnically NOT it is in murray hill good for young people wih a not too long stay

• Queen Deluxe

Hotel bar didn't stay open very late, we came back a few nights hoping to get a nightcap and it was closed, or closing. Continental breakfast was just ok...the a la carte breakfast options were much nicer but only available with our breakfast vouchers at weekends.

Comfy bed, great pillows and duvet, and very clean room with lovely decor, albeit a little small (but this is Manhattan). Location was ideal, not too far from anything. Nice bathroom, robes and toiletries provided. Most staff were very friendly and helpful. We were on honeymoon and received a beautiful hand-lettered note with some drinks tokens for the bar, lovely touch!

• King Deluxe

There was a few scuff marks on the walls in our room were it looked like people’s suit cases had scraped the walls that needed touching up. Another thing the information booklet in the room said that the bar was open from 4pm-2am every day but twice we went to go to the bar when we came back from the evening out and the bar was closed once was around 12midnight and the other time was around 1am.

We booked a king deluxe room which I thought was a decent size for two people the room had everything we needed for our stay, nice products in the bathroom which is always good, the room had a very comfortable large bed which was very nice, and the hotel is in a great location would definitely recommend.

• Queen Standard

When we first arrived we found bugs in our shower and told the concierge. When we came back to the room it was clear it had been cleaned but another bug appeared. Somehow they continued to get in, maybe through the drain? There was also some unidentified brown gook on the shower curtain that freaked us out a bit.

The room was very beautiful and the bed was very comfortable! We loved the robes and the furry throw blanket.

• King Deluxe

The fact that the king rooms have no sun light at all. If you’re flying over more than 1 time zone. Don’t stay here as you will struggle with the lack of sunlight in The room. You have no tea or coffee in the room (yes as advertised) however it could do with it.

Chris the barman was amazing. The room was really well decorated. The location is great - the room is also clean.

• King Deluxe

There wasn’t much storage for clothes etc. I know it is to be expected in New York, but a lot of what space there was, was taken up by things we didn’t need or want. Such as an overpriced minibar. I know some others will want that, but we would have preferred what limited storage space there is to store our things.

The staff were all very friendly, and the room was surprisingly large for New York. The bed was very comfy, and the pillows were lovely. The room had been finished to a high standard. The location was absolutely superb.

• King Deluxe

Rooms were much smaller than all of the ones pictured on Booking.com I have just reviewed all the pictures of the rooms and they all seem to show the same room regardless of the size of room chosen. So the pictures on here definitely need reviewing. There was no extra room by the door for luggage storage as shown in the pictures and there was only just about enough room to walk at the end of the bed, there was no ottoman like in the pictures.

Great location. Nice bar.

• King Standard

The room had very limited storage for clothes/coats - very small wardrobe including only 2 very narrow drawers. In addition the nightstands have no drawers for storage either-only one top drawer that is approx 2" deep. There were no luggage racks to support suitcases so we literally lived off the floor. Finally, the bathroom had no storage. For a 4 day/3 night stay for two people it was very uncomfortable. Although we contacted the front desk to assist with luggage racks or a low bench, none was provided. Finally, there is no coffee/tea in the room and complementary coffee was only available in the lobby bar for an hour from 7 to 8 in the morning-otherwise charged to your room. For one on a leisure trip, this was not only inconvenient but completely out of step re standard level of services for a similar rated hotel.

The hotel room was very clean and the support staff very friendly.