Reviews of Greensprings Vacation Resort By Diamond Resorts 4 stars

3500 Ludwell Parkway, Williamsburg, VA 23188, USA

#14 of 75 hotels in Williamsburg

• Two-Bedroom

The entrance to the pool was very slippery and my sister fell and hit her head on the slippery surface and the another man who also a guest fell. My prayer is that they put some type of non slippery surface to ensure no one else gets hurt. The last day there wasn’t any electricity in one of my master bedrooms the matter wasn’t resolved before I left. I was told that the manager would be calling me to talk about compensation and it never happened. I was disappointed that I didn’t get the call because I really had a nice and enjoyed myself.

• Two-Bedroom

Whenever I want to get away for a moment I always go to this location. The apartments are great. Everything is always clean. The staff is very professional and friendly. The outdoor pool was fun and relaxing.

• One-Bedroom

Good value for the price, especially considering that you get a fully functional suite, with kitchen and large living room compared to a hotel room. It also provides a large grounds areas to relax and walk.

• Two-Bedroom

Rooms are quite nice and clean. We requested a lower floor because there aren't any elevators. Property well kept my only issue is that this is a resort property and they only have two pools which are both near the registration desk. One of pools was down for maintance. Be mindful this is a timeshare establishment so a firm no is all that was required they will call later in your stay to ask if you would like to view there property at a reduced rate still a firm no should suffice.

• One-Bedroom

Ensuring that people who are couples are not staying below a unit with people who have children. I think that the reservationist may want to consider this when booking rooms.

The wonderful tranquil atmosphere and the spacious rooms! Great.

• One-Bedroom

We were staying for our honeymoon and when we checked in I asked the lady at the front desk if we could have a late checkout and she said 12 or 1 and I said 1. But when I called that night to make sure it was 1 they said it was 10:00 and I said it was supposed to be later and they said no it’s 10. So then I asked for later again and she said the latest is 11. 😑 so no time to do anything that morning if you know what I mean. The baby hadn’t even had time to go down for nap yet!

Clean and cozy. Felt like home away from home. Spacious too!

No complaints.

We love Greensprings. Feels like home. Our 3rd time there and won't be our last. Just 2 of us this trip but last trip with sister and brother in law and trip before with friends. They loved it too.

• Two-Bedroom

The property is clean it just needs some updating. Very nice has everything you would need in unit.

The property was clean centrally located the only issue was we should have been told the indoor pool would not be working the whole time we were there. We were allowed to use an indoor pool at another property a mile down the road. It was inconvenient with two children.

• One-Bedroom

The only thing we didn't like was parking spaces are not numbered. One night we had to park 2 bldgs away from the one we were staying in due to no parking spaces in front of our bdlg. We were very happy at least the pouring rain had stopped.

We like the location. The room was very nice and the price was excellent!

• One-Bedroom

I had everything I needed. It was clean it was family friendly comfortable I enjoyed myself I will return with my family. The only thing that could have been better was my bed was a little sunk in the middle...

• One-Bedroom

Staff was nice, helpful and friendly... I enjoyed my stay, I will be returning with my family.

The property was beautiful kept. I had everything I needed in the room. The only thing that could have been better was the bed was a little sunk in the middle of it , I had to put some pillows there to get comfortable. I was not aware or informed before I checked in of $100 security hold fortunately I was prepared...

• Two-Bedroom

The Cable wasn’t working and of course that’s a deal breaker for the average Woman. Sorry to say that my Wife doesn’t want to come back

Everything else besides that was great

• One-Bedroom

The apartment was old and in need of a facelift. It’s straight out of the 1980s. The blue carpet was especially in need of replacement, and the ugly brown stains on the vinyl floors in the kitchen and bathrooms were particularly annoying. Didnt like the prefab shower either, and the air conditioner struggled to get the room to the 72 degrees we wanted. Fortunately, the bed was comfortable, although the frogs croaking outside the bedroom window made falling asleep challenging.

• Two-Bedroom

The shower pressure was very high in our room. Maybe I just didn't know how to operate the shower.

The resort staff was great and make check-in and check-out easy. The pool area was wonderful!

• Two-Bedroom

I was given a room already occupied by someone else but when I checked in my representative said I was assigned this unit because a ground floor was requested at time of booking. No discount or specials given for this inconvenience.. I waited another 20 mins for them to assign me another room that was available on ground even after they told me they didn’t have one miraculously one appeared after 20 mins. Otherwise great facility this wasn’t my first visit usually a great experience I will give another chance.

• One-Bedroom

nothing as everything was extra nice

Ms. Althea at the front desk upon check-in was was very courteous, helpful and professional. She made my wife and I feel welcomed in her greeting and room arrangements! Great assist to your staff! The resort and facilities our expectations and the room was beautiful and really made my wife’s birthday special. I will recommend Greensprings to all my family and friends. Thanks!

• Two-Bedroom

Kiss upstairs ran all day and you could hear it

Everything there only thing u had to leave for was food and that was not far at all. Clean place very comfy beds and pillows ava the sofa bed mute comfortable than my home bed lmbo

• Two-Bedroom

The check in staffs attitude wasn’t pleasant and the manangents attitude wasn’t as well. The check innlady didn’t want me to speak or ask questions at all until she finished typing everything. She nearly “shhhhhh” us. When guest enter private conversations should end to greet and your guest-management . A simple hello goes a long way. Secondly, acknowledge the operating hours of the cabanas so we don’t think that they will be open when the pool is open. Finally, when you put in your policy that you will be charged for lost keys when someone calls about loosing the key acknowledge that yes it says that when you check in but we will waive that for you in the even of loosing a key. And we didn’t know there was quiet hours thankfully someone told us.... as insecurity.... try to put younger kids on the first floor they don’t know how to walk softly they run at all times at the age of two. Oops. Make sure staff is professional in the presence of children Easter weekend.

The property had a very homey feel. The pool outside was nice. The indoor pool was small. The property had events all weekend that the children enjoyed... although some cost. (Make sure staff is professional in the presence of children—EASTER WEEKEND) surprisingly enough the hospitality staff was really nice.

• Two-Bedroom

Be careful when booking here. They have several rooms that have been updated but you will pay The same high cost to stay in an out dated room with cracked floor tiles, thick dust on the carpet border and bed posts with old furniture and appliances. I was very disappointed since we were returning guess we will not be going back.

• Two-Bedroom

That they did not have life vest for children

There was so much for the family to do on the facility that you did not have to leave if you didn’t want to.

• Two-Bedroom

At check in, we had a problem getting 2 condos across the hall from each other. This was really necessary for our family, and we had made the request twice ahead of time. Understandably they can't guarantee, but we hadn't had a problem in the past. It took about 45 minutes but finally a second employee was able to help. Then our great vacation began!

Love this resort. From the shuffleboard and mini golf to the quiet and beautiful ambiance, we look forward to staying here every year. It is ideal for our large family to spread out into 2 condos and be together yet have some space. The electric fireplace makes having coffee in the morning looking out at the golf course extra relaxing. Love it!

• Two-Bedroom

Our unit was not nearly as new or nice as the property photos on booking.com. The unit was very dated and the bathroom and kitchen were not very clean. Also there was not adequate hot water during much of our stay.

The location of the resort was convenient to the activities we wanted to do. The pool and hot tub were fun for the kids.

• Two-Bedroom

Totally detested their time share sneaky approach. Seems Diamond resorts has a tendency to apply their time share pressure techniques at every visit. No means No and they should get it.Leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Liked the firm mattresses and clean and open surroundings. Well maintained grounds.

• Two-Bedroom

Poor sound insulation. First night very loud and yelling neighbors kept at it until 3 am. Another night another neighbor let their loud children play in the hallway until midnight. Called front desk at 10:15 PM who said they'd call security but doubtful they ever came as the noise continued until midnight. Obviously parents didn't want their noisy kids in their own suite so they sent them into the hallway to play so their neighbors could suffer instead.

Convenient location if you have a car. Facility was clean. Staff was helpful and accommodating. Activities available.

• Two-Bedroom

Staff was excellent and accommodating. Facilities are nice and family friendly. The week we were there they had lots of planned activities such as painting, video games, and a scavenger hunt. That's in addition to foosball, ping pong, mini-golf, play areas, and multiple pools and hot tubs. The grounds were very clean and felt very safe. Will visit here again.

• Two-Bedroom

Random stains on our couch seemed out of place with the cleanliness of the rest of the place.

Rooms were huge, bathrooms clean, beds comfy and clean. Pool was nice, mini golf was fun. People in the activities room were super friendly. Good location. Would definitely recommend to friends.

• Two-Bedroom

A day before the trip ended we had NO hot water. Thought it was due to the dishwasher until it never came back. Cold showers weren't good. First time my Mother-N-Law went and it was not a good look.

Overall condition of suite was good. Very spacious.

• Two-Bedroom

The unit next to us the door was open the whole time we were there from Sunday to Wednesday with the dirty Landry in the floor . When we were leaving to check out I told the cleaning lady but she didn’t seem concerned

• Two-Bedroom

Time of check out. I want 2 enjoy a full day. Check in is 4 check out is 10 not enough time 2 enjoy then relax without worrying about the time. Sleeping takes away 6 -8 hrs alone so really I'm only getting a half of day

The comfort of Home away from Home

• One-Bedroom

Everything is close by. Far enough away from the road way to keep it nice and quiet while sitting on the deck and having breakfast or just relaxing. All rooms were generous in size. Beds were comfortable and plenty of parking.

• Two-Bedroom

When i arrived at the property for check in my reservation was lost!!! Check in took about 45 min

The rooms are nice and spacious.. theres more then enough room

• One-Bedroom

$20 resort fee which I was told was for the use of the toaster, and microwave and pool and stuff. The constant up sell on the time share. The lack of transparency on the time share. Basement condo while there was very low expectancy. Lack of restaurant. No housekeeping. Lack of amenities. Daily calls to come in for the time share presentation.

Price point.

• Two-Bedroom

I didn’t like how we were repeatedly asked to attend their timeshare seminar. We had no intention or interest in purchasing a timeshare. We didn’t even know it was a timeshare when we booked. We had limited time to see Colonial Williamsburg and told them this, yet the lady who tried to get us into the seminar when we first checked in was rude when we told her we didn’t have time to attend the seminar. It seemed she wouldn’t take no for an answer. She was rude when we told her no for the third time, my husband explained how he had been driving for over nine hours and just wanted to get into the hotel. She said “you are at the hotel silly” in a rude tone of voice, and thrust the bag of information at us.

Very clean room, plenty of space. Overall a great place to stay.

No complaints.

The outdoor (heated!) pool was open as of 2/9! It gave us the feeling that spring was here! Very usable in the 60 degree temps. Very nice and quiet location. It was our 3rd time here and we will return.

• One-Bedroom

That it was time share not hotel. Had to pay for stay and do presentation Unable to locate sauna Indoor pool extremely strong in chemicals

Very secure Roomy and comfortable and clean

• Two-Bedroom

The room had an odor to it upon entry! I requested a working jacuzzi tub in my unit and did not get that. A cabinet broke in my unit in the kitchen...maintenance arrived fast but did not fix the problem...I was told to wait until noon the next day to get it fixed and no one ever showed up...hazard to my children as the cabinet had nails poking out and hanging off the henges (as maintenance left it) There was not an occupancy sign in site ( as we had guest come by for my sons bday)

The mini golf and indoor pool was fun for my children

• One-Bedroom

This place is a timeshare and they try to pressure you into sitting through their sales pitch. We told the person for 15 min we were not interested.( he told us at least 10 times they were not a high pressure company and they wouldn't pressure us into buying, yet it took us 15 min for him to hear us say no to the sales pitch. He kept trying to pressure us into listening to it.) Plus the guy was sick with flu and was coughing and snotting all over the info he was handing us. It was gross. There is no maid service unless you are staying for more then 8 days then you can have a mid week towel and sheet change but that's it. There is also a charge a 10.00 a day resort fee to use their facilities which included wifi. The WiFi was terrible and had a horrible signal and we couldn't use it, so we spent 20.00 for nothing. The building our unit was in wreaked of pizza for the 2 days we were there. We realized that trash was placed in a closet in the hall when you first come in and was never taken out. All in all the price of the unit MAY seem like a good deal, but when you add the extra 10.00 a night, with no maid service and the hassle of them shoving their timeshare down your thoats it doesn't make it worth it.

The space you had in the unit.

• One-Bedroom

The two-bedroom condos are so spacious and clean. Very comfortable king size bed and the pillows were wonderful! Love the oversize tub.....perfect for bubble baths!

• One-Bedroom

Right now, I can't think of anything that would have made the trip and property better. I loved everything about it. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

I especially loved the atmosphere and comfort. It was like being at home away from home if you know what I mean. The people were very friendly.

• Two-Bedroom

I couldn’t open the dishwasher to use it.

The rooms were warm.The beds were very comfortable. The arrangement of the furniture and bath rooms were very inviting.

• One-Bedroom

I wanted a ground floor but it was necessary to take the second floor due to no first floor accommodations available. The bathtub in the bedroom was awesome but would have been nice if it was a jetted tub.

Greensprings Vacation resort is an awesome place to get away and relax for a few days or longer.

• One-Bedroom

The fact it was to cold to play golf lol no complaints from us.

I like the view of the golf course from the bay windows,I'm a golfer of course my wife love the place in general the cleanliness the room space we just had a wonderful time.

• Two-Bedroom

The false advertising of a Jacuzzi tub and fireplace that dont heat up.And the roaches in the kitchen,and the inconvience of moving to another room.I wanted a refund..we was only offered. $75 back..very upset.demand ed to speak with management by booking.com my husband was hung up on twice and then a hour and half later a manager offerd $25.im still very upset with the whole ordeal..and it ruined our 15th yr anniversary vacation.This resort was highly recommended..but i guess we wont be back.

The king bed.

• One-Bedroom

We were not told it was a time share and we had to sit through sales pitch they were not happy with us when we did not buy

There was an apartment with no services. It was said on Booking they had an indoor pool but we were never told where it was

• Two-Bedroom

Suites were very clean - housekeeping standards were very high and consistent. Very spacious and comfortable with good privacy. Amenities (swimming pools etc) were great.

• Two-Bedroom

They try to send you to the concierge to sell you stuff. We didn’t and they kept calling and leaving messages. They also called me recently trying to sell me a vacation. I ended up hanging up when the lady would not take no thank you for a answer. I did not want to be sold a timeshare.

Condo was large and quiet. Great water pressure. Rooms and bathrooms large. The pool looked great, we didn’t end up using it tho.

• Two-Bedroom

One minor gripe was the miniature golf needs some repair.The young lady in charge of equipment hire was very pleasant and cheerful meaning this tiny detail didn't spoil our enjoyment.

We had booked the Greensprings resort for 2 nights originally but needed to arrive there 4 days earlier than planned having been evacuated from the outer banks by hurricane Maria.This event meant we were all slightly stressed out after a long drive.The stress quickly abated when we got through the very quick check in process and entered our property.The level of equipment and attention to small details meant we could finally relax.After a nights sleep in one of the most comfortable beds we have encountered on our many travels we set off to use the indoor and outdoor pools which were great and really refreshed us ahead of a day exploring colonial Williamsburg.The resorts location meant that we were close to all the attractions we hoped to see.

• One-Bedroom

There were no baking dishes or pans. No Spatula to cook with. all cookware was outdated and there was not a large frying pan to cook breakfast with. This is not a great place for cooking. We ended up eating all our meals out. Curtains were outdated and furniture

Bed slept wonderful and pillows were soft

• One-Bedroom

There was nothing we found that we didn't like.

As soon as we pulled up to the gate I was very empressed about the safety of the facility, everything thing was nice and clean. It felt like home away from home. The staff was very nice and welcoming, everything in our home was very clean and and beautiful, everything we needed was right there. I would recommend this property to anyone that's looking for a nice getaway vacation! If we are able we will stay here again.

• Two-Bedroom

upon arrival concierge gave a hard sell on membership and tried to commit us to a 90 minute sales presentation before we checked out. Not pleasant at all, as each time we declined he tried to entice us with a greater $ visa gift card. Room was run down in a run down looking building. Will not book again at this resort based on our experience.

Building that our room was in was run down, dirty entryway floor. room had dirty toilet, painful needly -like spray in showers. furniture old, drapery old, carpet sticky. Plus side was the beds had clean linens and the glassware in the kitchen was clean.

• Two-Bedroom

Different buildings in various states of condition. Newer buildings and apartments towards the front of the property present much nicer than older buildings, condos to the back.

Very family fun oriented. This is the perfect place to stay while visiting Williamsburg with kids of any age.

• Two-Bedroom

Indoor and outdoor pools are great. Many activities, foosball, shuffleboard, mini golf, volleyball, to keep families busy having fun. Close proximity, 15-20 minutes to parks and historic Williamsburg and William and Mary. Very close to restaurants and shops. Buildings to front of property seem newer and rooms have better layout and newer furnishings than the larger buildings that make up most of the property.

• Two-Bedroom

I did not like the phone call early in the morning to go to the timeshare. I do have my own cell phone and I did not know they charge you for a phone call. I just cal the cell phone of one of the agent from the diamond resorts place and i was charge 1.49

I like the security of the property.

• Two-Bedroom

Beautiful property, it felt like driving into a nice neighborhood. Our concierge was Kathy and she was very accommodating. She gave us coupons and some info about the area. I didn't catch anyone else's name but every staff member I came in contact with was friendly and helpful. I wish I could live there. My kids didn't want to leave. We loved the apartment. Well stocked and very clean. Also everything was within 15 minutes drive. We will be back.

• Two-Bedroom

Parking upon arrival wasn't available in front of the building to our room due to no assigned parking. We had to park in another parking lot and walk to the building up on the hill.

• Two-Bedroom

check in was delayed by an hour. wifi service was poor. garbage and recycling was not made clear to all guests, consequently others left garbage for days in the shared foyer causing it to smell. lighting about miniature golf area was poor.

room sizes, promptness & friendliness of housekeeping & maintenance staff. staff were responsive to making amends to make up for facility failings. pool & surrounding activities were fun.

• Two-Bedroom

Units getting a little dated, lots of mold in showers, need to be caulked. Carpet stains and kitchen cabinets wearing. Oven was not fictional...never got hot.

Loved the many included activities for the kids. And it's in a great location for dinner and shopping. Property has a guard station, very secure.

• Two-Bedroom

The cabana was closed that wasn't good. I did the timeshare tour and meeting, I was totally lied to about getting tickets for Water Country USA by the concierge guy. He never mentioned I had to pick one of the gifts after it. Was Very unhappy about that.

• Two-Bedroom

Staff doesn't help/accommodate guest with disability and are very pushy for you to attend the timeshare presentation. I will not recommended or stay in any of there resort ever.

Only the location.

• One-Bedroom

I did not like that I did not realize it was a time share with selling tome shares as a covert ploy. I tried to cancel one week prior when I found this out but they refused.

• Two-Bedroom

Some things were worn out (one curtain in the master bedroom didn't work and cracks in some of the cabinets) but not effect our stay.

Quiet area for evening relaxation. Staff was helpful and curtiuos...overall had a pleasant stay.

• Two-Bedroom

The pool was a long walk from the room. We tried to get a closer room and they informed us that they were all taken. We had to drive our car to the pool since the condo was several complexes away.

The condo was very nice. I liked that the bedrooms were on opposite side of the condo. We took 6 people, 2 adults and 4 children, and everyone was very comfortable in a two bedroom. The activity center had lots to keep the kids busy. They played volleyball, Tennis, ping pong and shuffleboard. However, there was lots more to do.

• Two-Bedroom

I didn't like the fact that the bar at the pool wasn't open. That was one of the main things that attracted me there was the fact that they had a bar by the pool. When I get there they tell me that the bar isn't open because they are shortly staffed😳.

Our 2 bedroom condo was nice.

• Two-Bedroom

The exterior and pool area is really nice! Staff is helpful and nice! The rooms were not very clean, even after housekeeping quickly came we still had to go to Wal-mart and purchased cleaner and rags and clean and mop. Very Family friendly! Our room was... Just not clean enough!!! If the cleaning was better We would have purchased!!!

So close to Bush Gardens. The outdoor movies at the pool. Very good staff. Beautiful Grounds.

• Two-Bedroom

The push to sell you a timeshare, but I am used that now. I just decline the meetings and offers since it messes with your vacation time. At this point, I own two other timeshare units and am not interested in purchasing other points/properties. Also, I don't want to waste anyone's else's time when I am not interested.

We loved the Friday and Saturday night movies by the pool, thought this was an amazing idea that our kids loved!!! Really liked the location of resort and all the pool facilities were great!! The two bedroom we stayed in was nice and spacious and we want we are looking rebook again in August.

The internet it the units I had rented was intermittent would work on and off. When I mentioned it to the front desk they said here's a number you need to call. If I am spending that much money I should not have to call to have something checked out.

It is a nice place and they do have activities that the kids can do just need to check the times. There is a indoor and outdoor pool as well as a hot tub.

• Two-Bedroom

For a resort, very limited resort like activities; no restaurant, difficult to walk around property. Our unit must of have been the last one to be remodeled; furniture was worn and mismatched, floor in kitchen scared from moving the oven often to level it, decor was bland and old. We have stayed in other units at the resort in the past, this unit was not on par with previous stays.

The overall landscaping was beautiful. The staff that I met on the grounds were exceptionally cordial and helpful.

• Two-Bedroom

Check out time is too early 1200 is too early expecialy for large families with little children

Everything was perfect , my family enjoyed staying at the resort. They had a lot of activities for the kids.

• Two-Bedroom

Very dated. Shower door was falling off the rod. Didn't like the pressure to attend a timeshare seminar. Pics online show the place to be nicer than it is.

Affordable, nice pool. Bed was comfortable

• Two-Bedroom

The staff was friendly and accommodating. The room was spacious, clean and well stocked. We felt like we were at home on vacation. We will definitely be staying again. Although there is nothing in walking distance, it is very close to restaurants and theme parks within a few minutes drive.

• One-Bedroom

The only negative comment that I may add is that the living room furniture was not comfortable or functionable.

Overall our suite was really nice. The king size bed was one of the cleanest,most comfortable beds that I've actually been able to sleep in.

• One-Bedroom

Greensprings was beautiful, clean, fun, quiet, and near awesome locations in Williamsburg; such as Busch Gardens and any store or restaurant you could need were all within 20 minutes. (the best small restaurant/pub we went to was The Hounds Tale).The room had 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, full kitchen & living room, and a balcony overlooking the trees. The pool, mini golf, and other amentities were awesome. The staff was super friendly and the check in and out process was painless. And all for no more than what you would pay for a hotel with 2 beds jammed into a small room.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• One-Bedroom

Very clean and beautiful resort. Really felt safe and free to come and go day or night. More than enough room for my sisters and I. Will stay again in Virginia and any other location that I may be traveling to.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• One-Bedroom

Very clean, the suite was spacious. The staff was helpful and friendly. The pools were good. The outdoor pool was nicer than the indoor one. There were many options for entertainment around the pool also, from ping pong and foosball to games and crafts for the kids.

• One-Bedroom

Didnt like that somebody entered our room and was watching a dvd. It was playing when we came back to room and it was not our dvd. Very unsettling and when we told security they never got back with answer we had to approach security next morning to find out what happened. Told front desk also but no solution

The amenities and property