Reviews of GreenTree Inn & Suites Phoenix Sky Harbor 3 stars

4234 South 48th Street, South Mountain, Phoenix, AZ 85040, USA

#44 of 141 hotels in Phoenix

Would recommend this hotel to eveyone.

nothing to complain about.

These guys have a meet and greet each night where they provide generous amounts of nibbles etc. They are so customer focused it was a pleasure to stay there. We had a huge room with 2 large TVs. Excellent breakfast The pools are great. They offer a free shuttle up to about 3 miles from the hotel. Easy access from the freeway. Hotels don't come much better than this one. Thanks Warren, and crew

Beautiful rooms, but very inconvenient location
    • Queen Suite

The location! Yes, it was close the the airport, but it was only accessible from one side of the street. There are no left turns into the hotel, so you are forced to go several miles down the interstate and turn around for another few miles every time you wanted to get into the hotel from the west side. I went to Whataburger which is .3 miles away (just one block) and I had to drive 8 miles around (a 12 minute drive) to get back to the hotel. Very inconvenient.

The suites were very nice.

It was a great stay. My guests thought our room as beautiful.

When we arrived the first room had hair on the pillowcases. We asked for another room and we wrote accomodated.

The staff was very friendly and professional.

Does what it says on the packet and does it very well!

Comfortable accomodation and bed after a long flight from the UK, staff friendly, room clean and tidy with excellent facilities either at the hotel or within walking distance,

The Perfect Stay! Worth Every Penny you pay!

The staff are exceptionally professional and sweet! They provided us with all the details without even asking. The hotel is just AWESOME! The facilities, the services, and the cleanliness are outstanding! I'm grateful that I searched long enough to come across this amazing Inn!

The people were very nice and accommodating.

The room was pretty dingy and could have used a thorough cleaning and a paint job. Just generally everything older and more run down. The a/c was very loud, but that was a good thing b/c the walls are thin and I could hear everything the people next door did/said. It was not nearly as nice as the pictures on booking.com.

The people were very nice and accommodating. It was very close to the airport.

OUTSTANDING, LOVE PHOINEX AND WILL RETURN.

EVERYTHING WAS GREAT. (FIX THE SIDE STEP TO THE AIRPORT VAN.)

BREAKFAST WAS GOOD, BED SLEPT GREAT, POOL WAS RELAXING. EVEN THOUGH WE WERE TRAVELING AND NOT SURE OF WHERE WE WERE GOING IN PHOINEX, WE ARRIVED AT THE HOTEL EARLY AND WERE ABLE TO CHECK WIN WITH A GREAT STAFF.

The staff was great and the room was exactly as I expected;

The air conditioning wasn't as cool as I anticipated and the wifi was pretty slow.

The staff was great and the room was exactly as I expected; it was clean, modern, and comfortable.

Perfect

The room was great and clean and quiet. The breakfast was great also. The front desk staff was pleasant and the shuttle van driver Art was extremely helpful and went out of his way to drop me off at the rental facility and then gave me great directions to get back to the hotel. When we come to Phoenix again we will definitely stay at this hotel

The room size, pool and hot tub made it a good decision.

The hotel sign from Broadway was VERY hard to find. I had to detour a few times to locate the " alley ", which was not the entrance I expected. The property owner should improve that since the GPS said " turn right " but it was right next to a business. When I turned around and came from the west I finally saw the turn in. It would be very difficult to navigate if it wasn't on a Saturday.

The wine and cheese social was nice.

Nice comfortable place to stay, great rooms and fantastic breakfast

Nothing. All was good.

Stayed here on two occasions and used the free Airport Shuttle Service. The bed was very comfortable and good facilities in the room. Tea and coffee making facilities were good and the breakfast was fantastic with a wide choice of food. Also happy hour with free snacks and wine was a really nice gesture.

Great Stay, great amenities!
    • Queen Suite

Over booked my room. WiFi was usually unavailable.

Breakfast was great! Their wine hours were much needed. The staff who handled the booking situation were awesome! The policies were a little 'lax than others and we definitely felt the difference. Loved the room size and details!

Room for improvement.

I did not like the upfront charge of $ 50.00 for incidentals. I did not have any incidentals. Now I'm waiting for a credit to appear on my credit card account.

Breakfast offers hot eggs, sausage, and bacon. Comfortable bed and pillows.

Comfortable. Convenient. Clean.
    • Queen Suite

Airport shuttle drove 40 mph over speed limit and put us at risk.

Location to Tempe stadium and restaurants. Very convenient. Didn’t need a car. Airport shuttle.

Del Taco next to my stay was horrible to find out your facility had room service, my bad I wasted my money. No fault of yours.

Loved the complimentary bottles of water after my long hot drive. Complimentary breakfast was awesome was grateful I could take it with me. I felt safe and comfortable in my room.

Poor

Staff Management. Bedding pillows cleanliness of the bathroom and the unit with two queen beds was way too small and the furniture was beat up also the refrigerator didn't work

We had troubles that were ignored the uncomfortable bedding you uncomfortable pillows the uncleanness of the restroom we were woken up at 9 excuse me 845 in the morning and asked by the cleaning people if we were going to be out by 11 which would been check out woke up my family and another family visiting with us at the same location when I brought that to the managers attention nothing was done when I called corporate they said they would get ahold of me in 24 hours no one ever called I rate this facility poor

Left relaxed and place exceeded our expectations .

Bed was good Breakfast good Shuttle service was great picked up at airport was taken to a restaurant and picked up again. Early check in was appreciated staff great

Attractive and comfortable.

The a/c fan either cycled on and off, noisily, or we could have "fan only" to keep it on, but with no cooling.

Very friendly staff. So nice to have a happy hour with good snacks after a long day.

Find somewhere else that has better & quieter temperature controls in the room.

Unfortunately the air system in our room was horrific. We left the room at a decent temperature to go for dinner and when we came back it was absolutely frigid. The heating unit under the window when turned on sounded like a 747 taking off, so we couldn't have that on while we tried to sleep. My poor aunt ended up sleeping in her down gilet just to stay warm. And when we informed the staff of this discomfort in the morning, not a shred of compensation was offered for our night of unrest. Not impressed.

Good hotel, I'd stay here again

The hotel could use some updating and some actual work invested in it (for example, my window was broken and falling out of its frame a bit, my door didn't open very easily). It needs a lot of care soon or it will really go downhill.

Excellent and friendly staff, nice breakfast, quiet, great location, free cookies. It was comfortable and I slept well.

Dont get locked in. Check out any hotel in advance if you can

The parking and the location of this hotel is extremely sketchy. The signs are hardly visible to find from the main road and it was almost impossible to turn into during the day. On the outside there are warning signs all over about parking at your own risk. To be honest, I've never been in a hotel so dangerous were signs had to be posted. Futhermore, why should the responsibility fall on the patrons?

The staff smiled. Free breakfast

Green Tree Inn & Suites excels in HOSPITALITY

The property was well maintained and if something needed attention, the staff and maintenance personnel were quick to respond.

The facility was very clean and it was very apparent that the staff took great pride in accommodating their customers. Cassandra and Tami went above and beyond in meeting our needs. Everyone shared a smile for their guests.

Everything was so clean, and everyone so friendly, They...

Everything was so clean, and everyone so friendly, They treated my entire party with respect and kindness. The breakfast was great. They are a little tricky to get to, and I wish it wasn't so because I highly recommend this hotel; to everyone!

Perfect airport hotel

All good!

Shuttle service to airport AND area restaurants, very friendly people. Quiet, clean, comfortable. Easy trip to airport. Happy hour with free wine and continental breakfast, too.

Easy and quick. Would stay again.

Scary neighborhood, definitely not safe to walk outside after dark. Found a dead bug in my bed. Generally run-down.

Nice, helpful girls at check-in. Comfortable bed. Microwave in room.

Great experience and extremely convinient.

Depending on the room chosen it can be a little noisy. Not many restaurants around, mostly fast food.

It is very close to the airport which makes it very convenient. They offer a wine and cheese evening which helps you pass the time and relax. Airport shuttle very useful, both my children used it. Staff very friendly.

Staff were friendly and helpful especially Warren.

Rooms are dated

Staff were friendly and helpful especially Warren. Easy access to freeways, to explore city and Arizona. We used it as a base, but only only used room to sleep, rest of the time exploring

Overall I was very pleased and would stay there again when traveling to Phoenix

The parking lot was dark, and there were several men that seemed to be hanging around in the parking lot. Not sure if they were staying there or loitering.

The breakfast was very good with a variety of items. The bed was very comfortable and the staff was friendly and accommodating.

The staff were very nice.

I wish there had been a comfortable chair (for reading) but that is not a complaint, just a comment.

The staff were very nice. It was clean, comfortable, convenient.

Good place to stay near the airport.

we stayed one night to extend our trip to Sedona. very pleased with our stay. good breakfast, friendly staff and convenient to the airport. Would definitely stay here again.

The hotel was really quiet, the staff (minus one shifty...

The beds were uncomfortable, breakfast runs out fairly quickly and it's the same everyday, during rush hour the property can be a little tricky to enter/exit

The hotel was really quiet, the staff (minus one shifty looking white man) were really nice and pleasant, room was clean

breakfast was awesome, rooms comfortable and practical,...

too much chlorine in the hot tub irritated my skin for several days and bleached the tank top and shorts I wore in it, since I didn't have a bathing suit with me, bleached my black tank top and shorts to brown color, were black.

breakfast was awesome, rooms comfortable and practical, everything we needed was there, staff super friendly and helpful.

Should have closed for renovations rather than tarnish your brand

Were doing renovations while we were there and place was a bit untidy and some access doors were restricted. Lots of rubbish left lying around, drink cups and empty plastic bottles on tables outside elevators or left on elevator floor. We were getting onto the elevator and a staff member got off and left rubbish on the floor of the elevator. No pride in keeping the place clean. Air Conditioning was effective but very noisy.

Staff were very good and courtesy van is excellent. Liked the free happy hour each evening. Morning breakfast was good and free cookies a nice touch also. Room was nice.

We felt this was good value and convenient and would stay again.

Breakfast seemed a little tired and maybe the hot foods could have been fresher. Otherwise it was a fair enough start to the day.

Comfortable bed, good bathroom facilities and good airport pick up service helped make this trip enjoyable.

The staff alone made it worth the stay!
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

Property is being updated so a bit of construction debris and caution tape around but not a big bother.

Breakfast was outstanding - biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, toast, yogurt, cereal, coffee, juice, toast and more. Room was very quiet and bed was as comfortable as a cruise ship. Most of all, dealt with 4 staff and all were professional, courteous and friendly.

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Seems like every property we book lately is doing repairs. This one was replacing carpet. The lobby was not easily accessible and entering and exiting the hotel was a challenge.

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Our expectations were pleasantly exceeded.

n/a

All breakfast foods were very tasty and the bed was comfortable and fluffy. The most outstanding thing was the professionalism, friendliness, and courtesy of the staff - particularly, Warren, the desk manager, he was tremendous! Shuttle drivers and service also very much appreciated.

Very nice and helpful peiple

more nice restaurants within walking distance would be nice

Upgraded to king suite because we showed up early before our room was ready. Traffic was bad but room was quiet when air was on. Not in a very good area but did not feel unsafe while walking to a restaurant.

Upgraded, room was nice, easy to get around, pleasant staff

Small pool, didn't always seem cleaned only get the sun in the morning, nothing to major

Upgraded, room was nice, easy to get around, pleasant staff

excellent value would definitely recommend

Pool was a bit cold and hot tub was over chlorinated

Hotel supplied a shuttle that took us to get our rental car. Breakfast had lots to choose from. Social hr was a very nice touch. Pillows were excellent, and I'm very particular about my pillow!

Overall good experience but train some staff to be a bit more diplomatic.

Juan at the Front Desk was a bit rude when I asked for wifi help. Hung up with me a little too quickly.

Fresh fluffy eggs, juicy sausage, good breakfast overall. Great initial greeting at front desk, quite hospitable. Room was very clean and modern.

Standard you can appreciate.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

No point of interest nearby, a dirty carpet in the room, older facilities.

Good accommodation for a short stay, the hotel is located near airport, but there are no points of interes nearby. You can use a good fitness area and nice pool with whirlpool. The breakfast are very good. The room was clean except the carpet. Comfortable bed.

Great place to come back to

suite was relaxing, comfy. Shuttle driver, Trish, was great, very informative about the area and history. Brian and Tara were wonderful and helpful. You have excellant, hospitable staff

The hotel was good overall, staff , good location , comfortable. Just the minor issues of pool.

The swimming pool could of done with cleaning . The edges of the pool wall were filthy , I have s pool of my own so know how vlean this needs to be for guests. The pool floor was dirty and in the 10 days I was there I didn't see anyone clean the pool thourogh

Staff were very helpful. Nothing no was to much trouble. The free shuttle bus was great , as it was handy to get to restaurants. As long as you were in s 3 mile radius. The shuttle bus drivers were very friendly, again nothing was to much trouble. The reception area was very comfortable with nice lounge and tv.

Making It Right

The air conditioner didn't work, room wasn't as clean as it should be. I called front desk. They came within 3 mins looked things over. I was given a new room and upgrade within 5 mins!

Helpful staff

Excellent service, excellent value for money with good location

The staff were amazing and looked after us even squeezing in a late check out as we were flying later in the day. The hotel also offers a free shuttle service not only to the airport but local amenities, so you don't feel couped up.

Rooms were dirty and my disabled wife couldn't find a...
    • King Suite - Disability Access

Rooms were dirty and my disabled wife couldn't find a bed out if 4 rooms that would allow her to sleep. Last room was the worst , stained and ripped up carpet. We were told by Brandon at the front desk to go someplace else.

Think twice

Stains on carpet, sink not vented properly (real slow to drain) front desk hung up on me when I was still talking on the phone, saw another guest trying to log in to wifi in the lobby with no help offered from staff, hit with a 10 dollar charge for canceled reservations when I just called to tell them I would be a bit late getting there (I was told that was the reason at checkout), and shady people (guests) inside, homeless everywhere outside.

Bed was comfortable

Clean and to the point.

First room air conditioner never worked, but ultimately they switched our rooms, which was good.

Staff was really friendly. Wine reception was neat. Room was clean. We used the airport shuttle in the morning. Breakfast was fresh.

Good value for money in a central Phoenix location
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

Difficult to get to property due to location near highway. Front desk texted me after I checked in and checked out, which felt somewhat creepy (though others might have appreciated this touch).

Central location, quiet despite proximity to highway. Walking distance to several food options. Comfortable room and nice breakfast with a number of options, some healthier. Would come back and stay during Spring Training, as it would be a pleasant walk in the spring to the Angels game.

Sharp Modern Clean Comfortable Excellent value

Wi-fi had hiccups occasionally.

Great location for airport access. Modern clean friendly hotel staff. Rooms very nice- Social atmosphere in lobby is welcoming. Overall very good experience I would recommend this hotel to others.

I Highly Recommend This Hotel!!!!!

Everything was enjoyable!

This hotel is very immaculate, comfortable, clean and the night staff was very courteous. The first hotel where I could relax and not feel like I'm being watched because of my race.They actually had a baby bed for our little Julianna. I did not have to worry about her safety, of falling out of the queen bed. Thank you!

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Great hotel

The location was a bit of a disaster as I don't like to drive I was stuck without a decent restaurant or shopping, although I had use of the hotel shuttle it had a very limited radius so I missed out on a great deal, taxis were expensive and although there was a bus that ran in front of the hotel I never managed to be there when I needed it.

Staff were amazing kind and helpful especially Alma, Mel, and the grey haired gent who drove me from the airport and back ( his name escapes me ) sorry ! Breakfast was a veritable feast and the social hour was genius. Thank you all who made my holiday very pleasant.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Nothing to complain about

A bit isolated, but fine for an overnight stay Coffee maker socket had tripped out but quickly sorted by maintenance staff.

Upgraded to a suite on arrival

Great stay

No disappointment

Very clean, fresh smell in the room, quite room! Very friendly desk officer (Brandon), great complementary breakfast, soft clean bedlinen, clean warm pool outside. We love to come back. Great hotel for one ore more nights.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Good value in a convenient location close to the airport

Common areas are not as nice as the rooms. Hallways, elevator, lobby. Breakfast was just OK. Not a gourmet experience by any means but a nice bonus that made the room more convenient and a better value. Kids making noise in the pool when we checked in (8-9PM) but they closed the pool at 10PM and all was quiet.

Wonderful huge king bed with pillow options and nice linens. Quiet fridge in room (normally I hate fridges because they buzz and/or are loud). Room was very clean. Bath includes hand soap, shampoo and conditioner which is a nice convenience. Next to a Circle K that made filling the tank on our rental car super convenient.

More than a hotel room

Difficult to get to from the interstate due to traffic restrictions.

Room was spacious and included a functional kitchen. Great breakfast and complimentary Happy Hour are included.

Just minutes from the airport
    • King Suite

Areas in bath need addressed: legs on vanity were worn, proper cleaning of bathroom door surface and kick plates needed.

Breakfast selection, serving and seating was great. Staff exceptional on arrival and departure. Easy check-in.

Surprise Find!
    • King Suite

The coffee service was shut off before breakfast was finished about 15 minutes. You should keep it open for at least 30 minutes after breakfast as Marriotts and even La Quinta does.

The king suite was HUGE and gave a wonderful feeling of relaxation after a long day. Windows were not soundproof but it was a quiet location on top floor.👍🏻

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Horrible customer service and dirty!

The room was dirty...carpet filthy! There were multiple spots on the carpet in the living room section of the room and a particularly large one that looked like feces spot The room reeked like a public bathroom. The service desk employee (Ron) was rude and unresponsive to my request for air freshener since no other rooms were available. Requested a wake up call at 0530 am and did not receive it till 0540 am, making a near call in missing my 6am airport shuttle. Signs in parking area saying "park at your own risk." A horrible experience all and all and I will NEVER stay here again!

The bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Lack of room on the bathroom vanity with the...

Lack of room on the bathroom vanity with the soap/lotion dispenser placement. I do appreciate the dispensers, just left little room for my other things.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

The right choice!

1. Hope that the breakfast there has more options or different varieties on different days.

1.The location is near the airport and has free shuttle bus to bring you from airport to the hotel and vice versa. 2. The service provided is excellent. 3. The room is clean and the bed is very comfy.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Booked last minute and was very pleased

Although the location is excellent, access to the property is difficult and confusing.

Bed was very comfortable and room was large and had every ammenity

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

Definitely would stay here again.

Limited walking distance facilities but that is no fault of the staff.

Tara was amazing; gave me excellent directions out of the airport for pick up and arranged for shuttle to retrieve me. Daniel friendly and pointed out areas of interest as we drove. I felt very safe in traveling. Order in was prompt. Shuttle to nice amenities within a 3 mile readies. Socialization on site (beverage, snacks and mingling).

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Flying out of Phoenix Sky Harbor? Stay here!

Would have appreciated a way to make tea, without running it through a coffee machine.

Modern, comfy, quiet room. The location was awesome! Close to the airport, and lots of restaurants to choose from.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Breakfast was ok

Safe was missing A lot of traffic nearby Orientation of pool is suboptimal (at least in januari there is no sun )

Breakfast was ok Free shuttle service to airport is very working well Big parking lot

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Don't count on breakfast.
    • King Suite

A group of about 25 people arrived for breakfast at the same time and with only about 30 min left before breakfast was over. There was very little food left to eat at that point. I actually heard the staff member tell a man holding a bowl of cereal that she already put away the milk. She told several people the hotel has protocols about when to stop putting out food and they were past the time. They couldn't put more out even though so many people just came down to eat. I couldn't believe what I overheard so I said something to the front desk person. She said the same thing that protocol wouldn't allow the server to get the guy milk for his cereal. She said "oh she's new but we have protocols so we don't waste food." Little shocked actually with her justifying why he couldn't have milk. Too bad because this is a nice comfortable place that my wife and I stay at frequently. Housekeeping staff are excellent.

The hotel is very clean and smelled fresh. The bed and bedding felt high end. Lovely.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Great location, Disorganized!

Our booking.com reservation, although confirmed on the website, did not exist when we tried to check in for our layover. We ended up in a room located directly across from the elevators in a little lobby area which made it very difficult to sleep.

Great location close to the airport. The shuttle driver was wonderful and helpful.

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

Too short

Appreciated they would shuttle us to nearby restaurants as part of their service. Nice touch.. Close to airport so getting there with shuttle was easy and fast!

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Breakfast selection and location wasn't too bad

Not the room I asked for at all. Had a handicap room so it was shower only. Wanted a king size bed only got a queen cause my reservation got lost so took 30 minutes just to check in. TV didn't work had to call maintenence. Thermostat didn't work so room was warm. Shower would spray water everywhere on the floors. Worse experience I've ever had to deal with. Very very disappointed

Breakfast selection and location wasn't too bad

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Dirty room, broken appliances, sad and tired staff

The staff seemed overwhelmed. We arrived in our room and there was hair on the toilet, shampoo left in the shower, a half eaten bagel on the table, and sticky side tables. The floor did not look vacuumed. The AC unit was broken in our room, and the overall area the hotel is located in is not great. When I alerted the staff that our room was dirty an employee came to our room and wiped down the dirty areas. She told us we would be refunded. The hotel only ended up refunding us $20 of our $117.

That it was a roof over our head after a terribly long day.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Convenient to the airport. Clean and comfortable room.

Some breakfast items could have been available for those of us who had early flights.

Shuttle to airport was on time. Room was clean and bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Pleased!

Booking.com did not inform hotel of our reservation! This could have been a huge problem. Can u tell me how this happened? ? Fortunately, I had paper documentation w price, features, etc.

Shuttle service above average, friendly, helpful

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Housekeeping knocking 3 different times 45 minutes before...

Housekeeping knocking 3 different times 45 minutes before check out at 11 and then saying, "you haven't checked out yet..." of course we didn't! It wasn't even 11.