Reviews of Greenview Hotel 3 stars

1671 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139, USA

#245 of 390 hotels in Miami Beach

• Room Selected at Check-In

The smell in reception. It smelt as if something was being pumped into the air and it was sickly and overpowering. Better to have left it natural.

Cleanliness of the hotel. Pleasant staff. Comfortable bed. Fantastic location.

Everything is within walking distance. Definitely the price. Free shuttle nd breakfast. Great staff. There’s a few things that the facility could change but not enough for a negative review. This was my second year staying with them and I’ll be back in 2019. Special thx to Maria and Alex 😉

• Room Selected at Check-In

room and bathroom are very small

The receptionist was quick to solve our problem when there was a malfunction in the room. The staff is very nice and willing to assist guests at all times.

• Room Selected at Check-In

Break fast is served in another hotel

Very good location.All food joints are close Beeach is five minutes walk.Bus for the Miami airport leaves from the close proximity of the hotel with just 2:50 USD per person.hence one could save money

I didn’t like that the staff was very rude! When I asked for a clean room that wasn’t dirty with hair and make up on the sheets and pillow cases. Molded showers that constantly dripped all night, blue stuff on the tissue, dirty stained towels, etc when they handed us a key to one that was so uninhabitable they gave me another disgusting room. When I asked to speak to a manager she waved me off later to find Out she wasn’t a Manager at all. So I asked to the CEO’s info the Front desk girl and the alleged manager gave me incorrect information. I know that because the email addresses came back as non deliverable.

Very close to the Beach.

To small, it wasn’t clean, there was a cockroach at the shower, at the check in, they gave me a room that wasn’t clean, the pool area is very small.

I liked the location

• Room Selected at Check-In

Breakfast is way bad like only one small apple plus one small muffin with a small croissant bread that workers picked for you, but you can not pick the bread by yourselves. It's way too crowed not even have the place to seat. The breakfast was run at very small table in serving over than 100 people. Unbelievable. Before I parked my car, I was parking in the space next to the hotel and checking with the people who parked there and I was told the parking fee for whole night is $20 some dollar but the time when I checking in I was told only valet parking available even the next parking lot is empty and the valet parking fee is $30 USD. It seems the hotel with differentiate treating to their customers.

Nothing I like. Very small pool which has no comparison to the showed photo. Except it's near the beach.

• Room Selected at Check-In

I didn't see a pool and breakfast could have been better.

Our stay was great! The hotel is cute and clean. The breakfast was very light but we did go down at 8:30 and it was full. Overall I recommend this hotel. Great location with restaurants really close. It's right around the corner from Lincoln Road. I don't remember seeing a pool though and I wish there was one but the beach is right across the street.

• Room Selected at Check-In

When I first check in the room was dirty. I the front desk person for a new room he said it was no rooms available for the day. Then I proceeded to ask for new sheets and was told I could not get new sheets. The bathroom was disgusting and a roach was on the bed. Horrible experience ever!!!

I very much dislike this hotel.

• Room Selected at Check-In

There was no available parking. The hotel room was old and dirty. The hotel staff attempted to break into my hotel room in the middle of the night. Proceeded to yell at me when I used my body weight to keep the door closed. It was a terrifying experience. I will never stay there again, completely unsafe and a horrible hotel.

The location was near the beach.

• Room Selected at Check-In

First they were hidden cost: the extra 58$ (which included wifi; access to beach and towell and airport transfert) those cost where force upon you; impossible to decline! (in the booking page and description of the hotel not mentioned. Having to go to another hotel to get a very very bad breakfast (if you can all it that); using the back door is just inappropriate. The amount of money paid does not reflect at all the standing that you would expect for a hotel. everything is very old and elevator did not work at some point during my stay. I would not recommend to stay there, you would get a better service staying in a hostel.

Very nice to let me check in early

• Room Selected at Check-In

Somethings could be a little bit better maintened such as the curtains and the bathroom floor.

It has an excellent location, confortable bed, breakfast and a really good staff that clean and organize everything everyday.

Bathroom is kind of small and there is no fan in it.

Hotel location is very good , so close to Lincoln Road and beach. They provide two beachchair and umbrella which is perfect for beach. Airport shuttle is good if you can catch the time, it saved me $60 uber cost :). Breakfast is good , just you have to go early to find a place to sit.

• Room Selected at Check-In

Urine and make up stains in the bed. We had to wait until the following day to have a clean bed. They gave us the same dirty towels after replacing the bedding.

The rooms and bathrooms were very small. They are very run down. They also were not well kept or clean.

The location is pretty much the only thing good for this property.

• Standard Room

They should renew the bathrooms. Rooms are really nice and modern, but bathrooms are old.

We had a query and staff was helpful with us and they were friendly.

• Room Selected at Check-In

We had a suite onthe 3rd floor, all the windows were dirty on the outside and didn’t open they were even screws down !! Which dissatisfied us as we like to have the option to open windows also the breakfast was a joke, one crossiant a coffe and some toast ? Not good at all. Also the shower floor paint came off as you stood on it .

Location and room , the suite was as it should be ......

The staff was extremely rude - they had no idea about their policies yet when we pointed out their mistakes we only heard that they are sure that they were right and we were wrong. The breakfast includes one croissant and a piece of frust and it is incorrectly described as in order to eat it they tell you to go to a different property using a passage for the cleaning staff - the same when it comes to the swimming pool. Great disappointment as the potential of a great neighboorhood is wasted there.

• Room Selected at Check-In

The hotel smells of very strong cleaning products and the air conditioner was definitely not cleaned in a while because I got congested after the first night of sleeping in there. I couldn’t find the pool or where the cafeteria was for breakfast. They should have signs to show you where everything is because the place is a little confusing.

Location was close but not in the middle of south beach chaos so you could get some separation from all the noise. Beds were comfortable and they provided enough towels as well as lotion and soap. They also let us leave our luggage after check out since our flight was so late we were able to go too the beach for the day.

• Standard Room

You have to try Full bloom it was amazing. It’s a vegan restaurant located right behind the hotel in the sister hotel! Great food but a little pricey.

• Room Selected at Check-In

"Breakfast" was a messy busy fight over toast, overripe bananas, black coffee and sml croissants. Noise in room above my room was not dealt with and meant hours of lost sleep. Cleaners were lovely however, they are not working with much.Ground floor hallways creaked. The bathroom in my room was tiny which meant my make up etc had to be placed on toilet cistern. Upon my arrival,no attempt was made to explain the hotel layout, facilities etc.

Location and beach facility.

• Standard Room

I was stuck inside elevator for 5 minutes, without explanation or apology about this failure. I took my breakfast in standing since seats are completely reserved. I was obliged to skip 3rd day , however i was charged with full amount for 3 days.

I liked the location, it is nearby Miami exhibition center.

• Room Selected at Check-In

Breakfast was really non existent orange juice toast and tea or coffee only available. Large no of people no where to sit very disappointing.

Bedroom was very spacious and bed very comfy.

The breakfast. They have very little space to sit the guests, they also share the breakfast sitting space with another hotel so it is full of people. And what you get it is not very good. Another thing that we didn't like was the air conditioner, it was old and very noisy.

The location is great! You are near everything in south beach. The staff is friendly.

• Room Selected at Check-In

There was no hot water in the shower for 3/4 nights , the room was hot only unless you were right next to the ac, parking lot is extremely small .

The staff was nice , the cleaning lady was very sweet .

• Room Selected at Check-In

I asked for additional blankets three times and never recieved them, once was because the “staff had already gone home and the closet of supplies was locked” and the front desk clerk didn’t have access.

The staff was very friendly. The location to the beach, shops, restaurants,and tours great. Loved the free shuttle to and from the airport. The hotel was very quiet too. Very safe. They held our luggage until our room was ready.

• Room Selected at Check-In

Well, at night when we arrived in our room there was a cockroach walking on our toothbrushes. After I've killed it, I asked in the front desk if it was possible to have some cleaning in the bathroom, but he said that it would only be possible in the next morning, but promissed me it would be an intensive cleaning. Well, said that, I left the a silver dish where our toothbrushes were standing on the floor. In the next night when we returned to the room after spending the whole day shopping, the silver dish was still on the floor, there was no intensive cleaning at all. The room was still a mess!

The location is great!!!

• Room Selected at Check-In

The rooms were very old fashioned. Very tiny bathroom and sink. The A.C didn't work so well. The standard was very low. The breakfast was more like a light snack. The extra resort fee didn't make sense since it is not really a resort.

The staff were very nice and always available, quick check in and check out. The location is perfect and close to everything in the area. Parking attached at extra cost. Many shops in the area as well.

The bathroom was extremely small, and the bed mattresses were really not confortable. The AC machine is too noisy and impossible to keep the window open. Another point which might be because the building is so old, we saw 3 cockroaches in the bathroom during our stay .

The location is the best, the style of the hotel is really nice. Nice staffs, the room decor is nice and and cosy.

• Room Selected at Check-In

The room was filthy. Literally had black mold and flies in the bathroom. Mattress was flat and worn out providing no support. There were stray hairs from other former guests everywhere. The "continental breakfast" consisted of 2 pieces of toast and a croissant that was served to you. Not a good value for the money. Would be embarrassed if people knew I stayed here.

The location is great to tourist amenities. I did not however give it a thumbs up rating because the ratings on bookings.com are flawed and a thumbs down on every available category still gives a 2.5 rating which is too high for this property. The staff was mostly friendly and nice.

• Room Selected at Check-In

The mattresses were awful! The breakfast was at the hotel behind the Greenview. The outlet in our bathroom was broken.

The location near shopping and beach.

The linens of the bed was not in good condition anymore. The room was very small. You could hear everything from the streets and other rooms of the hotel. The pool was cold. The halways of the hotel had a weird smell. Breakfast was basicly toast, croissant and a banana + coffee and juice.

The location was good.

• Room Selected at Check-In

Breakfast was cold toast and juice overlooking a parking lot at a different hotel. Dated rooms needing repair. No hot water in shower.

Decent bed. Nice pillows.

• Standard Room

Bathroom barley abyroom in shower and NOT CLEAN AT ALL MOLD EVERYWHERE. ROOM paint all over everything. Lights, desk, floor, carpet, nightstands. Loud. Had alley way room. Loud near yrash cans. Entrancr way was so perfumy i couod bately breathe. Disappointing!

• Room Selected at Check-In

Everything, from the rude night shift manger called Aleandro who gave us a different rates and kept shouting till we called the cops. The hotel charged us for the first night “that we didn’t even stay for” and booking.com still have done nothing about it.

Nothing! expect for the free parking

Toilets not working - refer below

Nothing - Toilets in our room (no.305) & downstairs at hotel reception was not working.. Hotel reception was not helpful in solving problem.

Staff went out of their way to help meet our needs, but hotel is a little tired and basic. Walking to sister hotel for very basic breakfast was an experience - around the back - broken window in bathroom, sloping bed, but overall met our needs and we enjoyed our stay.

• Standard Room

This was like staying in a cabin on a steamship. We had barely any room to turn around. The king bed wasn't and it was hard as a rock. The street noise was loud and constant all night. You virtually could not turn around in the shower. We had to ask for washcloths nor were there cups or glasses in the room.

Very little.

hallways!!! awful!

Didn't like breakfast, had to go someplace else to do breakfast. Beah was really close and we had chairs and umbrella included, that was great. Liked the king size bed room! Staff was fairly good

• Room Selected at Check-In

Very small bathroom, room became quite warm and humid in spite of airco, breakfast is basic but enough

Top location in city centre, beach at walking distance, beach towels and chairs available, spacious and modern rooms, very comfy bed, friendly staff

• Room Selected at Check-In

WC is too small. No coffee maker at the room. Refregirator is small and very old.

Friendly stuf, nice location, cheers at the beach and little breakfast. New good matrass , bed size good. Good value of money if room co

• Room Selected at Check-In

Very disrespectful staff. Called 17 times before they answer prior to the trip. Very rude when we got there. Hardware tools inside the room and door wide open when we got there. Had to change room. AC very loud and not working well. Bathroom tales broken. No parking on site. Bad breakfast and only a room of 5 tables for 2 hotels...

The beds were out of date. You could feel every spring in the bed. The breakfast was just bread and a drink. We also saw a roach in the stairwell.

Location near the beach. Less than a 10 min walk.

The breakfast could use some cheese and meat and stay a bit longer. Other then that it was great.

The staff was very nice, especially Maria, very nice, professional and sweet. She made us fell very welcome. I definitely recomend it, great location!

• Room Selected at Check-In

The bedroom was old !! On the photos looked nice but everything was wasted and very used ! I had curtains but they didnt blook the sun coming in !!! Bathroom is really tiny and the shower is awful !! The door from the bedroom had an opening on top so the lights from the hall came in the room during the night and also the noise!!!!! Breakfast is very bad and never had a place to sit !!!

location ,and the girls at the front desk were really nice and polite.

• Room Selected at Check-In

The toilet was not working throughout our 1 day stay. Receptionist was not able to get help and instead gave me the plunger to unblock the toilet - this was disgusting and totally unacceptable. The toile issue left a terrible taste and therefore didn't like my entire stay. Also the toilet at reception was blocked & the hotel lift was not working for a few hous. Will not come back to this hotel

Nothing, considering the disaster with blocked toilet

• Room Selected at Check-In

The hotel was the dirtiest hotel I ever stayed at. The pictures were the deceiving online. The bathroom was filthy and had scum all over the shower! Sheets were dirty! To get breakfast and to get in the pool you had to walk 5 minutes to another hotel around a back alley. The carpet was old and dirty looking. The hotel smelled like old bleach and bad cleaning products! I will never recommend this place to anyone. The manager was rude and annoying. We arrived Friday around 3am and still was charged for Thursday. She constantly went back in fourth with about the room being dirty.

• Room Selected at Check-In

expensive .they charged me hotel plus guaranteed, now i am claiming for the refund.the breakfast was very poor,the transfer they said they had at the airport is not for the arrival.... The best of this it is the situation and the person encharged of the breakfast.Althought breakfast was very poor (2 toast and 1 coffee) he was very kind

situation

• Room Selected at Check-In

the breakfast area was quite small so you have to fight for a table.

the location was great. close to the beach and main attractions. Our king bed room was also comfortable and clean.

• Standard Room

No breakfast, bathrooms need renovation badly.

Location was key for me right in the center of south beach. The hotel is really old and the bathrooms are awkward. Staff and Housekeeping were great. If the owners would spend the money for renovations it could be a great hotel. Lastly, don’t expect breakfast they literally provide two pieces of bread and a cup of orange juice.

• Room Selected at Check-In

Roaches, worst mattresses ever, terrible breakfast, no microwaves, Different room rate for every might.

It was close to the convention ctr, Lincoln road & the beach. Parking lot was convenient but not free.

We wish, we could stay longer.

We like our stay. What a lacation and Airport shuttle, beach facilities, breakfast everything included in the price of our stay! Great, we loved it! Thank you again.

• Room Selected at Check-In

Unexpected of paying the price for the resort charging $100 even not using on same ...only the room Needed to stay for 3 nights. plus asking cash $100 for the Deposit and to give back once to check out it's not really worth it for the price bathroom very small space shower not good , breakfast is not like Buffet style like limited for every guess./person...compared to Orlando where I stayed Breakfast unlimited room, bathroom was huge. Only Location is the advantage nothing else.

The Breakfast could be better.. Better Coffee, more fruits, and more baked goods. But It was O.K.

We had a great time in Miami and in the Hotel too. The Hotel is well located , nice and clean and from the Hotel is easy to get to the Beach, Ocean Drive and all things from the must-have wish-list. The Airport Transfer was excellent we needed just 30-35 minutes to get the airport from the hotel. I would recommend the Greenview Hotel <3

• Room Selected at Check-In

Breakfast is awfull, you beter have your breakfast elsewhere even if you try the payed breakfast.

The place of this hotel is perfect. Also the Building, old style I like that.

• Room Selected at Check-In

The breakfast was horrendous (it's at a different hotel) and the bathroom was a bit shabby. It was also quite noisy, The person above us sounded like an elephant.

The location and staff are fantastic and parking is reasonably priced for Miami.

• Room Selected at Check-In

There was a cockroach in my room. I had to ask a guest to kill it because the front desk person was afraid to kill it. They weren't even capable of giving me extra time on the other day to make the late check out or take away the car a bit later. The breakfast is in another hotel.

• Room Selected at Check-In

Everything except location Had to pay extra 28.5 $ at property over the booking .com price paid

Poor overall Lack of cleanliness,poor crampy elevator,Horrible breakfast

• Room Selected at Check-In

Everything else. The original ad said $89 and once booked you could not be refunded. It also stated limited parking available first come first serve. When arrived I asked about the parking and they said flat out we do not have parking however the parking lot next-door is a private parking lot and you can park there for $26 a night I mentioned that in their ad they claim to have limited parking and they said that was not true. So this is a private parking lot however they’re the ones that charge you and issue you the parking pass that needs to be visible on your car. I was also charged an additional $25 because I only stayed one night. Even though I placed my parking pass visible on my rear view window they still called me in the early morning waking me up to ask me if I parked my car at an angle which I told them I didn’t. So instead of verifying the pass they gave me they woke me up to ask me this stupid question. I just recently started using booking.com but after this experience I will be deleting this app from my phone and will never use them again.

The bed.

• Room Selected at Check-In

Breakfast was very basic in a small room full of chairs and tables or you can chose to have it in an outside corridor between the back of two buildings. Jams not packaged but in bowl from a bigger jar same for butter, 2 slice of bread and a croissant. Swimming pool is on a street and small. Bathroom of my room was small, glass and metal parts of the shower were old and full of limescale.

Position was pretty good.

Definitely wasn't as clean as photos shown, beds were extremely uncomfortable. Parking lot was very small and saw someone rear end another car. It was cheap, but NOT CHEAP ENOUGH! Be warned, it isn't a great "boutique" hotel as described in photos and words...

Lobby looked vintage.

• Room Selected at Check-In

Hotel was not clean, rooms outdated, beds are hard, not enough towels, a lot of news if you are on 2 and 3rd floor from upstairs guests. Breakfast was horrible, I would not say limited. Horrible. Shuttle from airport never showed up.

Location was awesome. Close to everything.

Rude staff, air conditioning did not work which made the room stuffy

plenty of space in the room, this was nice and bright, walk in closet, decent size bathroom. 2 streets away from the beach

• Standard Room

The smell of the room was awful. The free breakfast was burned croissants and toast mainly. The vent was covered in dark black stuff probably mold and it dropped on us while eating!!

Bed was comfortable.

I was very disappointed with my stay. The staff were unhelpful, dismissive and rude. For the price we paid, I would have expected at least a clean room. The room was dirty with the bathroom so unclean with hair and dirt in the shower that I had to wear thongs to have a shower - something I would expext to do in a share room at a backpackers. The blinds did not work with a bright light shining into our room all night making it impossible to sleep. In the morning, at 5 minutes past the time we were to check out and we were getting our bags together to leave, a staff member let herself into our room without even knocking and proceeded to yell at us in Spanish. We asked to leave our bags in storage and were rudely pointed to a section of the lobby which was not secure. I have stayed at backpackers that were cleaner, friendlier and more comfortable. I would not recommend this hotel or stay there again. A disappointing end to our holiday.

• Room Selected at Check-In

The room wasn't clean. It seems that they didn't change the bed sheets, there were hair from someone in the pillows and all around the bathroom ...

The location is amazing.

Room very small. Air conditioner noisy. didn’t have washcloths, after asking and couldn’t get any at front desk. Breakfast was very minimal- toast, jelly, drink, no choices

Was close to the Fillmore. Was clean.

• Room Selected at Check-In

NOTHING AS ADVERTISED!!! Very disappointing and the overall stay was below par - to be polite. When checking in the concierge charged our credit card three separate times for our booking. I stated, I would like to pay for parking which i thought one of the transactions were for... turns out we did not pay for parking and one of the charges was just for part of our booking... Before going up to the room, i had clarified several times, that everything was completed and parking had been paid. The concierge advised us that everything was perfect, and had us put a "Greenview Hotel" sticky note with our room number on the dash so they knew we were staying there. When leaving i had a boot on my car!!! Furious i went to the concierge and told her i paid for parking why is there a boot on my car? Turns out you have to pay the parking guy separately!!!!! NO ONE advised me that this would be the case. I was willing to pay for parking - which i thought i did from the beginning. They stated that they have been trying to, "Track me down for days" I about lost it. I had checked in with the front desk multiple times to get beach towels. They had my personal number on file and they could have left a note in my room when they cleaned it, EVERYDAY! Long story short, the guy who owns the parking lot was very nice and understanding and ended up taking the boot off for free. The point of this tandem, was i had received two different stories from when i checked in, and when i checked out. This hotel does not have their ducks in a row causing confusion and very disgruntled guests, me included. The room itself was pretty gross. The bathroom was awful, they had ants everywhere!!! Crawling around my tooth brush and hair brush, etc!!! Not to mention it was somewhere where i would definitely consider wearing shower shoes in. Not what i was expecting when i booked this hotel. The complementary breakfast isn't the most convenient...

Unclean. Hair in bathroom. I found a me s clothing sticker in the sheets of my bed. Checkin lady was rude and unhelpful. Breakfast is in a different hotel. Have to pay for use of sunbeds even though it was raining and not beach weather.

Location is the only thing the hotel has going for it

No bathroom fan, a/c unit far too close to the bed

Uber clean and the staff are amazingly friendly and accommodating. The hotel is rich with classic Art Deco, but maintains the features of a new hotel. We will always search out availability at this hotel

• Room Selected at Check-In

The hotel has a great location. Everything is within walking distance. The rooms are very comfortable. The best part of my stay was the friendly and helpful staff. ESPECIALLY Maria at the front desk. She was exceptional. Since it was my first time at the hotel and the area, she went beyond to make sure my stay was pleasant.

Lack of ice and lack of courtesy of staff. The hotel needs to supply ice and we could not check in until 5pm

The bed and room was great but no ice in this facility and one really snotty desk person who hung up on us. They also messed up bill. The breakfast was continental and you had to walk through an alley......

The bathroom is narrow, the building is old, the air conditional is very old and noisy.

The position is very good, next to the Lincoln Road Mall, closed to the beach and the main objectives in the area.

Access to the pool is actually from another hotel so requires a short walk.

The hotel location was great. Quite a walk from Ocean Drive, but quiet and close to Espanola Way and other shops. The beach loungers were brilliant and well organised. The rooms are cleaned daily, and all of the sand we brought back was swept away! Breakfast is a bit busy but tasty and filling.

• Room Selected at Check-In

Elevator is very old and certificate for using elevator was expired Bed was very old and noisy whenever you move

Free umbrella and chairs at the beach Walking distance to beach

Browse Greenview Hotel traveller photo gallery