Reviews of Econo Lodge & Suites Spokane 2 stars

6.2

5.1

5.9

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathtub drained slowly, poor customer service, only received maid services twice in the 7 days that I stayed there. Room was not clean to begin with, dirty cups and wire under the bed. For what I paid it should have been a lot better.

Location was the only thing I liked.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

room was not clean, front desk people weren't friendly, breakfast wasn't good cold and they were out of food before it was to end, just filled pool so water was very cold, wouldn't give me extra towels when I asked

the location was the only reason we stayed here

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing, it was as expected and as advertised.

Clean room, bed and bathroom. Nice to have microwave and fridge on the room. WiFi was good sometimes and nothing at all at other times. Breakfast was sober but ok for that price.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The smoke detector beeped loudly every minute. I called the front desk and was told it would be a few minutes, no one ever showed up.

Clean and comfortable

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not all of electrical outlets worked. Lamp did not work. Had only one garbage can in room. None in bathroom. Hair dryer did not work. Had to go to main floor to use a microw wave. Door frame torn off. Bath tub had stained scum by plug. We were in room 220. Spokane Washington on Rustle RD.

I like the view, the pool. Breakfast was nice, beds were clean, tv was great an worked, thankful for refrigerator, hangers, closet. Breakfast, the young woman who was working all the time, friendly,.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

THERE WERE NO EGGS, THERE WASN'T EVEN PANCAKES WHEN THERE WAS SUPPOSE TO BE . THE ONLY STAFF MEMBER THAT DID ANYTHING WAS JAKE ON THE AFTERNOON SHIFT. HE DID ALL HE COULD TO MAKE EVERYBODY HAPPY

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The leaky toilet and bathtub faucet that ran all night and day. The bathtub was filthy. The interior door jam was missing on the main door so we couldn't use the security lock. The room smelled. The breakfast consisted of stale english muffins and warm orange juice and stale cereal. The pool had NO water in it. The lady working the front desk in the morning was less than polite. We ended up checking out early and not even using the second night we paid full price for.

The gentleman that checked us in was very friendly.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was 86° and the pool wasn't open. The beds were barely made.The pillows were very lackluster.Someone had a dog that kept baking.

It was a place to sleep for the night.I guess you get what you pay for.:|

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room 143 had a number of problems: heater/fan didn’t work; drain didn’t drain; shower worked poorly. Then they switched us to room 165. We all felt so much better.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was other tenant noise all night. Room was not clean. Stained pillows, stained carpet. Towel bars in the bathroom falling off the wall. No cable

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room I booked was not the room I got. I booked a king suite and got a standard king. If I wanted the king suite they would not honor the booking price I reserved it for. The room was filthy. Very dirty. The toilet was very molded. The shower was also molded and had not been cleaned. The wall of the shower was covered in whisker hair. The water constantly went from scalding hot to freezing cold. Could not regulate the shower. The rug had a lot of burn holes, stains and wet spots. The rug also was bubbled up right between the tv stand and bed so if you were not careful you would trip. The sheets were dirty, the blankets had dried food on them. The floor had not been vacuumed in who knows how long. I had to have my door card keys changed constantly because they would stop working after about 3 hours. My dog discovered a bag of hard drugs under the bed. I am FURIOUS about this place. They would not give me a receipt upon check out. After about 15 my mutes they said they would email it to me. I still do not have it and it has been 7-hours. I want my money back! I DO NOT recommend staying there. It is a place people are living not just staying. My second day, there was 3 unmarked police SUV and on police car. All for one room.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bed was like an old water bed. Room needed to be dusted and there was food still glued to the table. I found ants in the bath.

I love the the hotel/park deal!!! It's great.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Light bulbs did not work in some places didn't exist Sheets were thin and rough. Blankets had holes and rips in them not sure they were clean. Bathroon was not clean around floors

front staff were helpfull

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The first thing is customer service was terrible. I had my print out from booking.com with the price that I was suppose to pay but was told that it was higher by $16.00 and when I ask why the clerk said that booking doesn't always get the taxes and fees right. While I was discussing this with her a man came from the back room and stood there like a bouncer I think he was trying to intimate me. Then she told me that I could take my cash payment and go somewhere else that she could sell the room anyway. Because of my funds I decided to go ahead and pay the extra and take the room then she said that I had to apologized for being upset about the price change. So I did and she allowed me to pay. After this we went to the room and found it to be nothing like the pictures. The room was dirty and furniture very old and out dated, the carpet was dirty and loose wrinkled causing a tripping hazard. The bath rooms were ok clean. Everything about this place is very old. the blanket on the bed was tatter and frayed. I was told the room would have a microwave which was not there I had to ask three times for a microwave, finally at 9:30 p.m. they showed up with one. I have pictures of this room. The door we had to put a towel at the bottom to keep the cool air and bugs out it had a Hugh gap at the bottom and up the side. the computer station offer no privacy the chair cushion was torn look like it came from a dumpster. The continental breakfast was nothing to brag about either, the bread and bagels were stale pancake's were over cooked in the steamer you had to trim the hard edges off to get a good bite, the juice was water down on only one type. No one was there cleaning the table or checking on the food and drinks, the coffee was burnt tasting. No employee was dress professionally dress like very casual. The house keepers were very polite and helpful. I will not stay here again or would I recommend this to anyone.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The shower leaked so it was noisy all night and the lock on the door wasn't even attached to the wall. The guy who checked us in gave us no information besides how to get to our room. No check out time or info about breakfast. That would have been nice to know..

It was easy to get to and the bed was comfortable enough.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Asked for a non smoking room. Although there was a sign posted in the room for non smoking, you could smell that it was a smoking room. Room was not complete, had to ask for towels. Good thing I packed my shampoo and soap, since those were not in the room either.

Roseile at the front desk was very nice.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The shower walls where dirty (mold) and hair on the back wall. The room was posted as non smoking but reeked of cigarette smoke, not just the air but linen also

The bed was comfortable, the staff was very nice

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I didnt even get to stay the night. Wasnt aware i needed a $100 deposit on top of room fee.

I dont know! Told me over phone they take cash; then when i get to front desk i am told i needed a $100 deposit and I was unaware of that. Nothing was mentioned about that on phone before I took bus all the way there. Was an awful experience. If I didnt need a $100 deposit I would have stayed the night there and ate breakfast. 😭

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room smelled of stale cigarettes, the bathroom ceiling paint was peeling, the bathtub needed a good bleach job.

The office staff was wonderful. Very nice and knowledgable.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

1. Huge ant problem 2. Nothing I needed to conduct business at the hotel worked(fax & coping machines BOTH BROKEN) 3. Coffee maker in the room... BROKE

Location was perfect for where I was conducting business.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The Park and Fly service costs an extra $30 and this should be included in the advertising and in the ads on booking sites so patrons know what is available without calling the hotel, and so there are no unhappy surprises at check-in.

Room was clean and comfortable. I didn't experience the breakfast because I had to leave at 4 am!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Rug is room was not flat; there was a fold in it (water damage?). TV had poor reception with significant snow on some channels. Very few channels were viewable. Wanted to see more channels. Mattress was a bit funky. Continental Breakfast could have had more options, e.g., granola.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Didn't know there were eggs or any breakfast served. No one told me this at check in. One room key worked, room reeked of smoke and I asked fora non smoking room, the gold pillows had large stains, my cover on the bed had a cigarette hole in it, the bed turn down cards had some sticky substance on them and the phone was filthy. The room needs real repairs. Paint peeling off the ceiling, carpet stains and I can't stress enough how the smoking smell was in everything. I smelled like a chain smoker and my clothes reeked of smoke. All I needed was a fresh,non smoked in clean room for a few hours sleep. Almost wanted to sleep in my car just for fresh air.

Staff was pleasant. Check in made simple.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was very dirty we had to ask for new sheets because we saw bugs on the bed and were worried about bed bugs the rest of the stay !

The staff was very nice

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was a little stiff but the room was fine. Staff was friendly. The room had not been cleaned of drywall dust behind the night stand - small detail, but cleaning that up would show attention to detail. We appreciated getting such a reasonable price. Thank you.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Pretty much everything. Wouldn't even walk on carpet in stocking feet, just shoes. Smoke detector had to be 40 years old, it was yellow instead of white. Cleanliness definitely an issue. Only worse place I've stayed was a nasty place on Miami strip, not even a lock on the door and people doing drugs right outside door.

There was a bed, toilet, and deadbolt. Free shuttle from airport.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room had not been vacuumed, the rug was buckled in spots causing me to trip. There was money on the seat of the chair which made me feel it had not been cleaned.

The sheets and towels were clean. The staff helped me when my key didn't work. The staff came and plugged in the TV (I couldn't move the cabinet to plug it in myself.)

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Every time we left the room, the key needed to be reset. The pillows were balls of fluff in a bag that were not whole nor even resembled a pillow except that they were contained in a pillowcase. TV reception was extremely poor even for basic cable.

The location was convenient for the things I wanted to do. The room was spacious enough for us and the fridge & microwave were great.

Everything, The room was dirty smelled like cigarette smoke, Hair dryer didn't work , Noisy, The extra blanket had cigarette burns. Not a good experience will never stay at Econo lodge and suites ever again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Noisy. Thin walls. Toilet seat was sticky but the rest of the room was clean. Breakfast was not good- poor choices, not many choices. I left, didn't eat anything.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Need to wash shower curtain and remove mildew from wall tile, room smell cigarette and room carpet burn spots, mirror is cracked, TV channels aren’t digital and can only see few channels, door safety is broken.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was King because somehow our reservation was screwed up. Quite honestly the room looked tired. No toiletries and 1 sheet of Kleenex. Almost like room had not finished cleaning.

Brandy the office attendant and the manager were great. Gave us a room when the Booking.com reservation did not appear on their computers

Bed was uncomfortable and sloped down by our heads. No fan in the bathroom, not very clean at all, 5 channels to watch and breakfast was horrible!!

The staff was nice

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was old and lacking any extras. Ie one towel and no extras of soaps or shampoos. Carpets were dirty and door locks were barely functional. BUT it is a discount hotel and u get what u pay for.

Close to airport

Breakfast was terrible. No washcloth in room , chair was broken and the tv was antana only

Parking was very convenient, the bed was perfect and the room was clean.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was REALLY cold when we arrived. We had to turn on the heater, which started blowing the curtains everywhere, then leave it on while we were out for an event (4 hours) and the room was still a little on the cool side when we got back. Also there was a wasp around the vanity, a stink bug by the fridge, and the bathroom light flickered like in a horror movie.

The check in staff were friendly. Continental breakfast was provided. Check in and out process was simple and quick.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff were very kind. I became sick and needed a doctor and they helped us find and locate a medical centre that was open and helped with maps and directions.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The wifi did not work at all while we was there we called the front desk about 5 times and they told us it would be back on soon, If we knew it was never going to work we would not have stayed here was not worth the money at all!!!! Sheets was too small for bed and dirty with pink stains and the bath was dirty too!!

Location that's about it

see above

The convenience of being close to the airport was the only redeeming quality of this motel. We were able to park our vehicle for 7 days while we were on vacation.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

wifi didn't work, room was ice cold - obviously heat had not been on for days - could not tun off taps, sink would not drain, desdk clerk could not transfer calls, floor had not been vacuumed for some time, had to change rooms, second one not much better

close to west side of spokane

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff wasn't honest about deposits. They put 150 hold on my credit card took over a week to get back. They said it would not be billed because I paid cash

The rooms were clean. They have decent coffee.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The tweekers all over the place knocking on the door calling the police and non stop traffic in and out

The bed wasn't horribly uncomfortable... That's really all I can say

It took over an hour to get checked in and into our room. The staff was poorly trained and couldn't get the key cards to work for our room we had to go back several times and wait over an hour before finally getting I to our room

The rooms were clean and nice

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No wifi available at all. Did not get a chance to try the breakfast as we left before time.

The airport shuttle worked as promised and got us there on time. Heater in room worked well as it was very cold outside - ice storm.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Non smoking room smelled of smoke Carpet grotty. Bathroom fittings rusty . Towels grey . Noisy heater . Insufficient bedding . No shower gel or soap. Bad signal on TV .Clock set at wrong time .

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything in the entire room needs to be replaced from the fixtures and furnishings all the way down to the drywall behind the paint. There should definitely not be holes in the sheets on a bed!

The staff was nice. The location is fairly close to the airport.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

1 set of towels in the room. Yes, there is a shuttle to the airport but it costs $12 each way. No, you can't leave for the airport at time selected because the shuttle only holds 4 people. Freezing cold or blazing hot in the room. Door to the outside blew open middle of the night. Yes, there is coffee in the morning, but it's undrinkable. All in all, a miserable stay.

The shuttle driver worked really hard to accommodate us.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was hard. Pillows old, worn out. Sheets and pillow cases threadbare. The carpet was filthy. The grout around tub looks like mold. The bathroom floor needs a good scrub, especially around the edge. The room was not cleaned when we returned at 4:00pm. When we asked about it, the girl was rude. She did bring towels when we insisted, but left the dirty ones in the room.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was hard to get key pad and door to cooperate and open and the towels both had stains so I dryers off with the hand towel.

I liked that I had a top floor room and was clean. Was able to order pizza right to the room and the pop machine was able to take a credit card

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Got up on Sunday morning to take a shower and the cold water nozzle didn’t work. By that time we only had about 45 minutes before we had to leave. We went over for a concert and was only actually in the room for about 5 hrs most of that sleeping. Called on Monday and tried to get compensation for shower issue and was told that I only had the first 15 minutes of my stay to repost an issue How am I to know shower doesn’t work within the first 15 minutes? Was told they went to check it and of course it worked. Yeah because I told them the day before it didn’t and it had gotten fixed. You would think that If they had cleaned the shower they would have known it wasn’t working. Needless to say I would not recommend and never stay there again. Told the manager would be back on Wednesday and they would call me. Never got a call.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I booked two rooms for 5 people a month in advance. When we arrived I was told that it was a fire code violation to put 3 people in a room. That would've been nice to know at booking time. When we went to get into one of the rooms that they gave us we immediately got hit by the stink of urine and found the toilet was being worked on and the sewer pipe wasn't even plugged to keep the gases contained. A quick call got us another room and all was fine with that one.

The sink being outside the shower toilet room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rough looking crowd outside during night.

The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Did not feel all that safe last night. People in cars making out, doing drugs and 2-3 hooked were brought in to establishment

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Mold in bathroom, security lock broken, hair blow dryer didn’t work, light above mirror flickering, carpet in poor shape, breakfast was bad and disappointing just donuts holes juice and coffee very limited food.

Parking and the direction of the hotel was good

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The pillows were flat and inadequate. The bed was poorly made with the sheets and blanket terminating about 2/3 up the bed. The room had strong smoking odors. The draperies were poorly attached to the rod. Light was visible all around the door jamb (poor seal).

The bed was comfortable.

See above.

I liked the room itself. The bathroom was neat and tidy. The bed was comfortable. We would have stayed an extra day except the internet was not working, and I have to have internet access.

There were noisy guests.

There was a good restaurant right across the street where we ate. The only thing that could have been improved on was to have eggs with the free breakfast.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Shower head could have been better. Wifi never worked. Either the password they gave us was wrong or the connection was bad.

The staff was nice...we had to cancel one of the nights last minute and they had no problem with that.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Door locks wouldn't open. Spent 5 - 10 minutes, even with maintenance man, trying to get into the room. Carpets with stains and small issues. Ok. But many areas of property need some care or attention or upgrading. Feels like owners bought business for profits only, and not caring about quality of service. Coffee at breakfast was terrible.

Typical budget place

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Door would not open without getting a new key each day. They did not even enter my room to make the bed or change towels. This was horrible service.

Inexpensive

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms were gross, the sheets had spots on them, there was a cobweb in the corner, the carpet was dirty, and the walls had stains and large marks.

The free breakfast and Wi-Fi.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff was rude.The front deak lied to us and gave our room away.We had a number of issue's with the second room given to us. Ended up moving to another room. Everything was filthy at this hotel. The worst experience I ever had.

That after 2 hour's of problem's, They finally moved us to a bit cleaner room

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Would of been nice to have a clean room with out asking for clean sheets. They could not figure out how to make the tv work so we could not watch tv,

IT was a place close to where I need to be.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We had a terrible experience at this hotel. We checked into the room, which smelled of smoke even though it was a no smoking room, and immediately headed out arriving back late that night, going to bed immediately, not paying attention to our surroundings. The next morning we noticed the brutal shape of the room we had spent the night in. There were burn holes in the sheets, blood on the blanket and mold in the bathroom. When we went to the front desk to talk to manager/owner we were told that he wasn’t around, then later that he was in Mexico, only to find out after that he was around the corner from the front desk , and had heard us asking for him. The owner came up to the room and we showed him our concerns. He apologized profusely and said that the room should have been condemned and not rented out. He left, returning with the head housekeeper to show her our concerns and told her that things should have been reported and fixed before renting the room. The owner said that he would give us a discount or whatever would make us happy. When we were ready to go out for the day- about 30 mins. later, we stopped at the front desk to ask what the plan going forward was for us. We were told that we were being charged full price for the room and being asked to leave the hotel. The owner didn’t want “people like us” staying in his hotel and we were to get out immediately. When we questioned him on the fact that he said the room should have been condemned and not rented, he agreed that yes there were things that needed fixing and the room shouldn’t have been rented. The front desk clerk explained that they had “let” us stay in the room last night and we were now being kicked out and would pay full price for our room. Do NOT stay at this hotel! It is old and run down and dirty. We stay in Spokane area a lot and there are plenty of better , cleaner, nicer hotels for comparable cost.

Nothing to like here.....stay anywhere else !!!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I liked the way the staff arranged for me to park my cargo trailer and the water was nice and hot. Also the breakfast hours fit in well with my schedule.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We arrived with a confirmed reservation, which they could not locate (even after being given the confirmation number and a copy of the email from booking.com). Then claimed to have no rooms available at the price we had been confirmed. We ended up negotiating a different(higher) price. The room was pitiful. The locks on the door did not work! So we piled furniture up in front of it.

I have no idea what "Genius perks" are. The only relatively positive thing I have to say is that it's close to the airport.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast area wasn't clean and unfit to eat in, cleanliness in the room wasn't good, carpets needed cleaning bad, the bathroom smelled for URINE.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Kinda dirty and ran down. Linen was stained and burn hole marks. Telephone didnt have a cord. Old cookies behind the nightstand and the bed that i noticed when plugging in my cell charger. No ashtrays available in smoking room and went to the front desk to ask for one, and she said there werent any. Just because your a smoker doesnt mean you dont deserve cleanliness and a decent room.

Smoking rooms available

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool and if AC worked

The staff were really nice but the pool was cold and it needed to be cleaned and there was never any bacon. AC didn't work in room

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was completely dirty, blood stains in my sheets, bathroom was dirty, tub had massive grey/black dirt stuff. Absolutely nasty. However, after driving for hours and hours, and on a long weekend, other options were unavailable. However, I was very shocked that this chain had no standards. Breakfast, there was nothing there, 8am and no probs but cold cereal.

The night staff lady was kind and knowledgeable.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room furniture was moved to cover the full length mirror. Bathtub anti slip was half on. Was wanting to have a relaxing bubble bath but couldn't bc the liner grossed me out.

Easy to find hotel.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Clean clean clean! Room was dirty dirty dirty!

Our room was dirty. Bedspreads had holes in them. Sheets were stained. Not happy at all with my stay. It was embarrassing because we had friends with us that are just as particular.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was a bit run down, the carpets was rolled in areas, the breakfast was limited and too smoky smelling and the bed was pretty uncomfortable.

Really large grassy area for pets!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Long time to check in, very poor continental breakfast, Poor interior conditions of the building and rooms.

Nothing really. The facility looked good from the outside but was quite run down on the inside.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We arrived at midnight which was 3am our time. The shuttle we had requested did not arrive until 1:30 am and she said he called her from Walmart to pick us up. Mold on the bathroom ceiling. The people who worked there were dressed in horrible revealing clothing, never again.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

AC didn't work, sheets didn't fit the bed, parking lot was used as a party area and staff didn't tell people to leave or clean up bottles/cans.