2. USA hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Guild East 6th @ The Arnold

Reviews of Guild East 6th @ The Arnold 2 stars

1621 East 6th Street, Austin, TX 78702, USA

#8 of 31 Holiday rentals in Austin

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 33

• Reviewed: 6 January 2019

Great value, great location, great for kids. Clarify instructions.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Communication coil have been clearer. Instructions on getting into the apartment and parking were confusing.

Value for money, large space, kitchen, location. Almost everything about this apartment.

Stayed in January 2019

• Reviewed: 30 December 2018

Perfect!
    • King Suite with Balcony

Nothing it was a Perfect stay

Clean nice huge Did the check in by Phone because christmass eve The Guild team makes your life easier than ever One of my best stay ever

• Reviewed: 28 December 2018

Modern apartment in AMAZING location
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The coded door lock runs on batteries. We left one evening and when we came back, the door lock had run out of batteries, so even though we knew the code, the keypad was unresponsive. We had to call the customer service to get remote entry and then someone had to come in the next morning to replace the batteries. The service we received was excellent though. While unlikely that this may happen to many other people, it's something that needed to be mentioned. Staff should leave spare batteries hidden somewhere in apartment for situations like this.

Very spacious. We were three friends and we each were able to sleep comfortably and having two bathrooms was also a huge plus. It is a modern apartment and the location is fantastic, right on East 6th. There is a huge amount of bars and restaurants just outside the door within a 2 block radius, and you can simply walk down 6th towards the West for about 20 mins and you will encounter hundreds of bars and restaurants in that span.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2018

I left my phone charger battery pack in the room and got the...
    • King Suite with Balcony

I left my phone charger battery pack in the room and got the run around a lot about getting it back. Finally was able to retrieve it after being told it was found and then it wasn't and then it was - but I had to keep calling.

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: 25 November 2018

Gorgeous apartment in a great location
    • King Suite with Balcony

The check in process was a little complicated as they were trying to text me and my UK phone didn’t have data.

Modern, clean and right around some great bars and restaurants

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: 5 November 2018

It's all in the details, and The Guild far exceeds my...
    • King Suite with Balcony

It's all in the details, and The Guild far exceeds my expectations...each and every time I stay with them! From the fun and endearing decorative touches to the simple things like packets of olive oil for cooking, I ALWAYS feel at home. Additionally, The Guild staff members are amazingly accommodating.... portraying top notch professionalism at every moment. I've tried three other apartment boutique hotels in town and I continuously come back to The Guild. I'm a stayin' this time!

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Loved the flat, loved Austin. Perfect weekend.
    • King Suite with Balcony

Distance from elevator to my assigned flat was quite long. The bedroom wall does not actually go all the way to the ceiling, so less privacy.

Loved the flat. I could live there honestly. Kids loved it too. The pool area is just wonderful. I really appreciated having a cute little grocery store downstairs too. Beds were amazing, even the sofa bed. I would never consider staying anywhere else.

Was a good location and value for the price, but would not stay again.
    • King Suite with Balcony

It was very hard to find our room and while staff was responsive, their directions were not very clear. We could not access certain areas where our keys did not work, and having the hotel rooms mixed in with the residential apartments was not a good experience for anyone. Residents complained about travelers, and it was uncomfortable to have to wait for a resident to use their key for the elevators and doors that our hotel key did not give us access to (unavoidable areas like using the elevator to get to the guest parking area and get in through the parking garage). Our key also did not give us access to the amenities advertised like the gym.

I am pleased with my overall experience and stay at the Arnold and will be better prepared in future
    • King Suite with Balcony

The registration was timely. There could be some kind of luggage caddie or cart service.

The unit was clean and comfortable. The decor was jazzy and retro blended with good lighting.

WOW, this place exceeded my expectations :D
    • King Suite with Balcony

Nothing. Everything was perfect and definitely exceeded my expectations. I am highly satisfied with my staying

Great location, luxury apartments, very comfy and clean. The room offers every type of amenity you may need need. The personnel is friendly and always ready to help in case you need anything.

The Guild had everything we needed for our 4 night stay.
    • King Suite with Balcony

DISLIKE- the Parking situation.. very, very confusing. We pulled a ticket when arriving, we were told to park, find our room, get our parking passes to scan, and then go park on 3rd level. Our passes didn’t work, so we had to pay $50 for the ticket to leave the hotel that night. We called and Service desk said it’ll be tomorrow morning 10:30. So we essentially couldn’t leave our hotel room until someone was sent to fix the problem. We spent our whole first morning/ afternoon waiting for someone to show up 40 minutes after said time. We got the $50 refunded next day.. but our passes didn’t work after the person was sent to fix them so we were told to call front desk when we wanted to leave and someone could let us out. Lol. It was more of a hastle than what it was worth. We we arrived back to the hotel after being let out, we had 7-8 parking passes left for us on our counter that were actually active. So problem resolved. We weren’t able to park on 3rd floor like we were told, which would’ve made getting out of hotel easier. and I wish there would’ve been a baggage cart somewhere... Request extra parking passes when you book.

The Guild had everything we needed for our 4 night stay. Plenty of blankets and pillows, amenities inside the room (soap dispensers, laundry/dish washer tabs, cleaning products, cotton swabs, stocked kitchen) the view from the patio was great, as well as location.

Great stay
    • King Suite with Balcony

A more detailed map or layout of the apartment building would have been helpful.

We loved our stay at The Guild. The staff was not physically present, but they offer a concierge type service available via phone which was great to have someone who responds immediately 24/7. It was our anniversary and they even left a bottle of Prosecco for us in the fridge! The apartment itself was a great space! Super clean and we felt very comfortable. The Guild hotel concept is non-traditional and similar to an AirBnb experience. We loved the privacy and felt we could settle into our own little place. I would highly recommend it and can say we will definitely be back. Location was within walking distance to everything on the East side.

The 2 bedroom apartment was amazing, as were the amenities...
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

THE PARKING GARAGE was super difficult to navigate and follow. Parking/ garage ticket process was confusing.

The 2 bedroom apartment was amazing, as were the amenities that the apt complex provided. Clean, modern and spacious... our two teenage daughters loved it.

Great service, great room, great location
    • King Suite with Balcony

The room had all the comforts of being at home with a fully fitted kitchen. Not that you'd be using it much as the eating options in the area are amazing. I can imagine staying here for a long time. On top of that, the Guild staff went above and beyond the call of duty to help us with a suitcase that our airline had misplaced. I fell in love with Austin and will certainly stay here in future visits.

Excellent!
    • King Suite with Balcony

The apartment was very clean, bed and couch were comfortable. They accommodated us with early check in. Pool was nice too. Location was very convenient and easily accessible to all the cool eateries and things too do. Would definitely stay there again or any other properties they own. :)

Loved staying here. It s like having your own apartment on vacation.
    • King Suite with Balcony

Parking in the garage under the building was $20 a day. Parking on the street was available, but only 5 hours max, so we found free parking that required a walk. But it was ok.

We loved the Arnold! Location was great, the apartment was clean and stocked with essentials. And it had a washer and dryer AND laundry soap! Really enjoyed our stay here and in Austin!

We had a fantastic time in Austin and loved staying at The Arnold!
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

It’s a bit noisy when people are in the hallways or the courtyard. The pool was very crowded and there was a lot of drinking in the water. Our kids are young and didn’t really take note of this, but it would be very obvious to older children.

The property is very clean and comfortable. The unit had everything we needed to feel at home, including washer and dryer and a full kitchen. The beds are great and the decor is very nice. We were very happy with our decision to stay at this location. Restaurants, bars, shopping and activities are all very convenient. It was a great choice for our family prior to our son’s deployment to Afghanistan. And we loved the pool and rooftop area!!

Overall, ok.
    • King Suite with Balcony

This building is so huge. It was hard to find exit, gym or other facilities (and kinda far from my room). Noise was a problem (some train stations are near the building). 20$/day for parking.

Very clean. Enough place to stay for 2 people. Some staffs were very helpful and nice. You can cook. Location is really nice, too.

Spacious apt.
    • King Suite with Balcony

Parking garage was closed off so I did not have the privulege of utilizing the garage as offered. We were given key fobs which let us in outside doors but did not give us access to enter our floor from the stairs - inconvenience as we were parked in front of stairs that gave us easiest access to the apt.

Spacious apt. Clean. Location was great. Loved the balcony. Very modern unit would have been nice if the record player worked 😉 Once we got over the registration hump the staff was quick to respond and very nice!

I was like at home.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

I liked everything but I didn't get a view of downtown. Not extremely a big deal but would like to look at it out the window (personal preference).

It looked great when you walk in. You really feel welcomed and at home at this place!

• Reviewed: 9 December 2018

Convenient location.
    • King Suite with Balcony

Convenient location. Clean, modern, comfortable.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

Location was great, it was very clean and easy to find and...
    • King Suite with Balcony

Location was great, it was very clean and easy to find and get into.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Perfect location and accommodation in Austin
    • King Suite with Balcony

Difficult to find at the beginning

Large Space, terrace, modern, kitchen, facilities, big swimming pool, bbq, great location

Nice place. Austin is a great city
    • King Suite with Balcony

Great location, easy to reach restaurants and tourism. Apartments are clean and well keep. Facilities st the building are very good

Nice comfortable quite place to stay
    • King Suite with Balcony

Wasn't finished Being cleaned apon arrival.

Immediate response to my questions.

Parking fees, struggling with getting out from parking

Parking fees, struggling with getting out from parking

Loved it!

Loved it!

Very modern apartment with lots of amenities.
    • King Suite with Balcony

We weren’t able to check in until almost 4 pm because the apartment was not ready.

Very modern apartment with lots of amenities.

Worth it.

The pool was closed.

Courteous staff. Above and beyond. Made things right with my bill when I decided to leave because the pool was closed.

Cozy, comfortable, relaxing just overall amazing.

We loved everything.

Very nice place to live, close to everything and just beautiful over all.

Austin Stay
    • King Suite with Balcony

No complaints, it was great.

Very clean and safe.

Could have been more water bottles than just 2.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Could have been more water bottles than just 2.

If the idea if no physical staff on sight is a red flag for you: don’t ignore it.
    • King Suite with Balcony

Everything else. Parking, hidden fees, inattentive staff, unknowledgeable facility managers.

Condo was cute

There are also 35 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Showing 1 – 33

We Price Match
We Price Match
Low rates • No booking fees • Find cheaper? We'll refund the difference!