Reviews of Holiday Inn Express Boston/Milford Hotel 3 stars

50 Fortune Boulevard, Milford, MA 01757, USA

#2 of 6 hotels in Milford

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

bed was comfortable

requested not to be next to ice machine and elevator when booking and my room was next to elevator and ice machine. please update carpeting and provide better towel and toiletries

bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

It was a wonderfully relaxing stay after a very stressful and scary week, we hope to come back soon.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The only thing that wasn't working properly was the hot tub.

This hotel was wonderful all of the staff were competent, helpful and incredibly kind. The rooms were clean and well taken care of, the fitness center and pool were great the only issue was the jets in the hot tub were either broken or not very powerful but besides that everything else was perfect. I think my favorite part was the breakfast they served the food was great and the breakfast hostess was phenomenal and went out of her way to help me with getting the food up to my room for the kids. We were staying there because of a fire in our home so this stay was not planned at all but everyone went out of their way to be accommodating the fromt dest staff were all amazing especially Kristene.

I received a handicap room.
    • Standard Room

I received a handicap room. Also, I trid to use their printer for a boarding pass but was the printer was not working. Finally, the coffee and related supplments in the room was not replenished.

Comfortable, clean, only one washing machine in entire hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I was told twice by the front desk that each of the four floors had a guest laundry room. In fact, there is only ONE washing machine (for guests) in the whole building! This hotel really needs better laundry facilities.

The hotel was modern and clean. Breakfast was good.

We stay there every year during the Holidays and are very...

I didn’t like paying more going through you. The rooms would have been cheaper if I booked them on my own.

We stay there every year during the Holidays and are very familiar with the hotel.

Staff, nice and clean rooms, the outside of the hotel is...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The wifi didn't work at all, other than that everything was perfect.

Staff, nice and clean rooms, the outside of the hotel is beautiful and very welcoming, they had complimentary toothbrushes and shaving blades but I didn't need any of that however it's good gesture and it was really affordable.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Jenny was very professional and friendly.

Breakfast was fair.

Jenny was very professional and friendly. She was courteous and very helpful on the phone. She is an employee you definitely want to keep! She provided excellent customer service!

Decent location, hotel needs updating.

When we arrived, they were paving the parking lot - this made for a very crowded parking area. However, they opened up another section each day. We had to enter through the back door - it felt kind of weird, and it was unsafe, because they had it propped open, and it was right by a staircase. Anyone could have wandered in and had free reign of the property. The community area needs some updating - the couches are worn and dirty, and the lighting is poor. It was not a good first impression. We paid extra for a King Suite - it was right across from the elevator, and the door opened to the bathroom area, so if someone was getting ready and the door opened - hello, everyone waiting for the elevator! Our "suite" was nothing more than an oversized room with a sleeper couch and room to walk around. No additional amenities, and it was kind of run down and dated. The location is good - right near a highway exit, but you don't hear the highway. But the signage is poor and it is hard to find; the hotel is up a hill. It is also difficult to find your way around the nearby shopping center that has a TGIFridays - took us a while driving around to figure out how to get there one night when it was late and we wanted to grab something light to eat. There are not many dining options nearby, either.

The front desk staff was nice, and the lady who did the breakfast was so friendly and kept the area very clean and well-stocked.

It was a great time had by all.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The only complaint that I have is that when we got our bill at check out there was an additional city tax along with the state tax. It made the rate more than what we expected which was something we weren’t planning for.

The staff were very accommodating to us. My 2 kids were along and we were celebrating my daughters birthday during our stay. The staff made her feel special and opened the pool a little earlier than usual so the kids could have some extra time in the morning. It was very easy to enjoy ourselves while we were there.

Great location, friendly staff and clean accommodations.

Having to use the overflow parking area when the property is heavily booked.

Great location, friendly staff and clean accommodations. We have stayed here several times while passing through MA and so far this property has never failed to deliver. The breakfast buffet is above average in my opinion.

Nowhere to play outside for the kids.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Its right near cliffs and rock ledges. The kids went outside to play with a ball and the cliff area isn't properly gated off. The ball went into the woods that lead to the cliff and they went to try and find it not realizing as you step into the trees all of a sudden there's a 100 foot drop. It's not posted and not secure enough. Also pillows were too squishy. Bathroom was small. Counter area was great to get ready but if someone had to open the door then the person getting ready at the sink had to move because the door opening is right next to the counter so it was inconvenient as people are getting ready but others are bringing their bags out, going to breakfast, etc. Also we left something in the room and didn't realize until several hours later. When we went back to pick it up house keeping didn't find it while cleaning & someone else was already staying in the room. It was an item about 3 feet by 1 foot. The staff had to go into the room to get it and sure enough there it was by the curtains. But isn't it frightening to think house keeping didn't find an item of that size while cleaning? That means the room wasn't cleaned that well.

It was close to the highway and restaurants. Pool was small but clean. Hot tub was nice & relaxing. Breakfast had good options. Nice counter area in room with sink & large mirror.

Coulda been more.

Breakfast was weak, out of hot water, pancake mix,etc. And maids were knockin at door at 9:30..do not disturb mean jus that

Front desk dude was cool. Room was clean, except for chairs (stained & nasty)

No problems just charged more than what I was told I was going to pay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I booked the hotel online and was giving a price with tax and everything. I got to the hotel and they charged me more than what I was told I was going to pay. Not pleased at all paying more than what bookline said I was to pay. Probably will not use that booking sight again. If told a price that’s what I should be paying , shouldn’t be paying more

Very clean comfortable beds nice hotel

CLOSE TO EVERYTHING
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

THE POOL AREA WAS NOT PROPERLY SUPERVISED. THERE WERE 4 ADULTS AND MANY LITTLE CHILDREN AND ONE TEENAGER. HE HAD A BAT IN THE WATER AND WAS TRYING TO GET THE OTHER KIDS ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE POOL, BUT GOT US INSTEAD.

THE ROOM AND THE BEDDING WAS ALMOST LIKE MY OWN AT HOME. MADE ME FEEL LIKE HOME.

The hotel is clean but I do not recommend if you want to feel safe.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

My room had a damaged door frame which exposed the lock. It was not secure. I was sent to another room that also had damage and unable to be properly secured. I had to move to a 3rd room before I got a room that was secure. I also received no assistance during these moves requiring me to have to lug my bags as well as my daughters bags alone. The staff I spoke to were nice but actions to make the situation right would have meant more than apologies.

The facility was clean. The pool was well maintained. Towels were soft. The bed was comfortable.

Overall was nice and quiet I got a good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The crowd for 8:30 breakfast was good except They ran out of plastic forks and spoons

The convience of the pool and hot tub Being open and warm was a plus

Met our need for a warm bed, since we had no electricity at home.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The free “hot” breakfast. It was marginal. Area set up for eating was way too small, and people were on top of each other. The only hot food was instant oatmeal you made yourself and some kind of egg omelet thing that tasted like it came frozen and was microwaved. I had tea, bu5 my husband said it was the worst coffee he had ever had.

The beds were very comfortable and the room temperature was perfect from the time we arrived to when we checked out. Many times the room is too cold when we arrive. I suspect the staff likes it cooler while they are cleaning the room.

Good service, clean room but we won't stay again due to obnoxious noise level.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The noise level was rediculous. Between the non stop barking dogs and children that were not supervised in their rooms or told to quiet down, it made the stay not pleasant.

The indoor pool was great.

Nice place to stay. We would recommend and we would return!

There was a slight odor of cigarette smoke in the bathroom area :( Only troubles were that the keys didn't work properly every time and the phone kept flashing as if there was a message waiting to be retrieved. Also the phone wouldn't let us make a local call out of the room.

Room nice and clean. Bed was comfortable. Staff helpful and friendly. Pool area was very nice. Breakfast included many options! We enjoyed our 2 night stay!

It was great! Just what we needed.

Can't think of a thing!

The location was close to our relatives, which was very convenient for us. The room was great and the the breakfast was an added bonus. We certainly will plan to stay at your facility whenever we visit these relatives. Thank you very much!

Very clean

Went thru booking.com but Holiday Inn didn’t get reservations correct and I was told I should have just called properly directly they have cheaper prices!!

Very clean Pool and jacuzzi were great Rooms clean beds comfortable

Overall I was very satisfied with my stay at this hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hot breakfast food could have been better. The bacon was burnt and the omelets were dried out.

The rooms were excellent and the bed was a dream. The front desk baked some chocolate macadamia cookies that were heaven. They also had hot chocolate in the lobby which my kids loved. The breakfast pancakes were awesome.

Clean hotel for couples & families in perfect location!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn in Milford/Boston; the room was very clean and spacious. The lobby and staff were great as well, and the breakfast was one of the best breakfasts we have had at a hotel in a long time! (lots of variety!!). It was also near to a shopping area with Lowes, The Sport Authority and Target within a few yards. We would love to visit again and stay longer the next time. Three Thumbs UP!!

Convenient location

Bed was hard - bathroom had soap on shower from prev person who stayed before me - w hair all over it . Breakfast was not so great - eggs were dried out and cold

Convenient location

The cleanliness of the rooms, the front desk staff and the...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing Really. This area is more of a business area, not necessarily one where someone would go for a vacation. I was visiting family and this hotel was very convenient.

The cleanliness of the rooms, the front desk staff and the wonderful happy lady at the breakfast bar!

Great place to stay

Everything was wonderful

The room was fresh and clean. The breakfast was well tended by a cheerful person. The shower was terrific! Great experience

Breakfast, swimming pool

We 5 people stayed in Holiday inn express Milford on 11/16/2017~11/18/2017 We asked to put our company name in the receipt one night before check out. But in 11/18 morning when we check out, there is no company name in receipt and the front desk people can do nothing about it. (same as I stayed here last time in April) Again, bad front desk management.

Breakfast, swimming pool

Efficient, competent, pleasant, and comfortable -- especially the bed.

The weather?

The egg whites and vegetable tacos are nicely done. We also like the abundance of fresh fruit, but keep an eye on the bananas. You could provide better lighting for the turn up to the hotel.

Overall, comfortable and quiet but a but pricey.
    • Standard Room

Breakfast eggs were not good but there was a variety. I wish there were more food options in the hotel. Also, I did feel the price was high for the location.

Great pool and jacuzzi facility. Location was quiet and comfortable and clean. Staff were pleasant.

Good stay for the price we paid would not have been so good at full price.

Parking was very limited at the front of building, had to park out back did not feel comfortable very secluded. Tour group stormed the breakfast room ate everything in their path,lots of selections gone or pawed over. they should have had seperate room.

Location was close to our obligations ,got a fair price from Booking.com. Breakfast was included

Adequate at best
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Eggs were over cooked and barely warm, sausage patties were cold. Selection of other foods including fruit was quite limited. The pancake maker was broken. Cereal selection was froot loops, raisin bean, corn flakes and special k. Not very kid friendly.

Not much

Great overnight experience!

Small pillows!

Hotel was conveniently located to Route 495 and close to our final destination. Staff was very friendly and the facilities were clean and modern. Quite and comfortable and a very solid continental breakfast with quite a variety of options. My only negative was the very small and thin pillows on the beds.

Excellent stay in Milford Holiday Inn!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Some noise from other rooms above/below.

Excellent hotel, perfectly clean and very well maintained. Brilliant breakfast, hot with good choice and outstanding cinnamon rolls and pancakes! Lots of parking in good safe location. Staff really seem to care about the hotel and making guests welcome- first class!!

Nice place to stay if you don't care about watching TV.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was nice but smaller than we are used to. TV remote was way too generic - no TV guide on remote or up/down scroll arrows to search. Very frustrating.

The indoor pool and hot tub was lots of fun for the grandson. Breakfast was very good.

Would recommend

The room was nice and the pool/hot tub area was great. Breakfast was pretty average with nothing that really stood out. I have stayed in Holiday Inn Express before and would recommend to anyone. The location was great for what we needed and we found a great little tavern for dinner that was incredible!

Nice place

The fan/lightt in the bathroom was really loud. TV remote was not user friendly and hard to operate.

Very convenient. The staff was awesome. Breakfasr was very good.

Nice hotel, situated privately in rock formation!

Room was spacious. Bed comfortable. Room clean. Nice buffet breakfast that was kept well stocked during the entire breakfast time. Staff was efficient and friendly. Parking was well lit. The hotel was cozy in the way it was situated in the rocks, even though the area was relatively busy.

Large and comfortable room

To have the credit card blocked for a higher amount then the amount indicated in my Booking confirmation, an amount exceeding the extra amount debited per day .. the block was removed only ten days after my leaving .. It has justified as a mistake from a man of the staff during the check in recording but it is not acceptable to have this blocked amount and the correct amount debited the day of check out .. any credit card has a cap amount and this required me to use other credit card

Large and comfortable room

easy to access pool and breakfast
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

seems to have been a heavy footed person above me that seem to pace the floors from 1000pm and then 4am on., There was no scenery window view was tops of business buildings

easy to access pool and breakfast

Too expensive through booking.com...do not use this company to book anything again. Use expedia !
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't like that I chose a $86 dollar accommodation and when I checked in the booking.com price set for the that day was $191 and the clerk was not helpful to fix the situation. I would not use booking.com again since it is a rip off app.

It was fairly new.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

lousy Hotel

Wont' come again! Weird sounds in the mid-night and morning. Terrible front desk management, incorrect billing and not respecting customer again and again. I booked on Booking.com it's $109 a night for 3 nights. When I checked in on 4/1, I asked front desk what if I extend to total 7 nights, they said that will be $109 every nights. When I decided and notice the front dest on 4/3 to extend 4 nights to 4/8, front desk said again all 7 nights is $109. Guess what? when I checked out in 4/8 moning, on the bill 4/4 is $166, 4/5 is $134, 4/6~4/7 is 109. And the front desk can't do nothing about it. He asked me to stay to wait their managee come to work. I had a flight to take, so I paied the over-charged money and heading to airport, I have to wait their email and ask back my money when I back to my country. Further, the front desk didn't ask a word, he just use my credit number when I booked the first 3 days to bill for my frined and paid it. What a lousy hotel!! I won't stay again and I will not book hotel from booking.com again!

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Great value
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Queen beds are better than double beds. That may have been an option but I was looking to pay as little as possible and made the double beds work for our family of 4

Love having a mini fridge in the room.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Acceptable accomodations

No maintenance elevator and as a result had to wait several times while cleaning staff used them to capacity. Also, when assigning rooms to groups (in this case child soccer teams) it would be beneficial to keep them on the lowest floors. Parents attending to these children as chaperones don't always do a very good job of watching over their kids. In our case we were on the third floor, but the soccer teams were on the fourth, so my wife and I had to listen to the constant and loud thuds of soccer balls being dribbled and kicked around the rooms above us at all hours of the night. After two nights of this, the front desk clerk did her best to address the issue, and in was minimized.

Cleaning Staff was very courteous and helpful

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Would stay again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The breakfast, eggs microwaved with cheese looked like plastic, sausage patties microwaved gross and bacon too. Pancakes weren't too bad! Other stuff yogurt, fruit etc fresh!

I liked that it was clean! John was working at that time and he was very nice.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Stress-Provoking Holiday at Holiday Inn
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The major problem was that I was assigned a room where dogs had stayed, perhaps recently. I am VERY allergic to dogs, cats, horses--and would have asked for a different room if I'd realized earlier in my stay that dogs had occupied my room before I arrived. My eyes itched like crazy; my nose streamed constantly; I broke out in hives...it finally dawned on me that I was in a dog-friendly room, but by then I wasn't willing to pack everything up and move elsewhere. I mentioned the issues to the desk clerk when I checked out, and his response was to tell me a long story about his dog allergies. Other issues: insufficient seating for breakfast crowd; bacon crisp to the point it could chip teeth; sausage patties soggy; egg omelets spongy; raisin bran stale; and a milk container in the fridge had already been opened and partially used. Yuk. Also, acoustics were poor--could hear children running in room above me; noise bounced off the walls in the pool area, particularly when children were shreiking and parents yelled at them from across the room. Definitely not relaxing or restorative.

The cinnamon buns were very nice. Loved the pillow options.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Slept well.

TV lost signal while watching. I think they have satellite TV. The first room we were given had not been cleaned.

Bed and pillows were comfortable. Breakfast area was clean and organized and the coffee was very good.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Great breakfast, small area so it got crowded quickly.
    • Standard Room

Great breakfast, small area so it got crowded quickly.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Perfect in every way

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Room was very comfortable and quiet.

Room was very comfortable and quiet. Breakfast was good with lots of choices.

Will not stay there again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The TV did not work, They ran out of towels. Lots of hanging out in the parking lot.

The Breakfast was good, The bed was fine.

The place is very clean and comfortable

Girl at front counter Jeney was not someone I would let represent my company.

The place is very clean and comfortable

Modern Stay

Pillows bit too soft.

Awesome pool and spa tub. Receptionist was awesome.

Does the Job

Ok hotel. Nothing spectacular, but nothing negative, reallly.

Ideal location for my business travel needs.

Comfortable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Not have academy. And jaccuzy.

Comfortable

fruit @ breakfast

fruit @ breakfast

Gym room, bed was comfortable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The egg white veggie omelets and turkey sausage patties could have been warmer but otherwise everything was great

Gym room, bed was comfortable

Ok but would not stay agsin

Tv did not work and staff was clueless

i Had a place to sleep

Great experience over all
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bed was not very comfortable.

Nice pool area and hot tub. Friendly and attentive staff.

Great room for a great price.

Possibly find a place to put microwave up higher. Kids kept trying to play with it.

Stay was great, staff was super friendly

Great place to stay

No complaints

Great price with included amenities

Very clean.

Very clean.

The hotel charged more then booking quoted me.

The hotel charged more then booking quoted me. Took 3 weeks to figure out

The hotel was very clean and the bed was comfortable

The hotel was very clean and the bed was comfortable

Breakfast could have been better

Breakfast could have been better

Parking was odd

Safe....family friendly

Went for one overnight to attend a family event away from home. Just what we needed.

It was very clean.

Not a lot of parking..

Mostly Everything

Easy booking and check in/check out, comfortable , clean, convenient location.

Noise from hallway activity. We will bring a white noise machine next time for a better sleep.

Clean, comfortable.

no complaints, will stay again. definitely recommended

was not much not to like.

breakfast was good, room clean, nice and quiet considering they where sold out.

Breakfast had a wide variety of foods.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast had a wide variety of foods. I was very happy with my veggie omelet, wheat toast and coffee. My healthy start to my day.

Awesome
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our daughter loves the pool and breakfast and very helpful staff we always have great experience there

Pillows!

Bed was to short for me

Pillows!

Enjoyable visit all around.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was excellent. The hotel lobby was very pleasant. Enjoyable visit all around.

Great weekend

Clean... staff friendly

It was a convenient location for visiting family in area.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Television service was terrible, "no signal" much of time, limited choice of channels (sports dominate), etc. Entire system needs updating.