Reviews of Holiday Inn Market Center 3 stars

4500 Harry Hines Boulevard, Market Center, Dallas, TX 75219, USA

#78 of 151 hotels in Dallas

Location with heavy traffic

Very noisy location, close to one airport. Heavy traffic on road, railway on the other side. The frontdesk staff was very uneven. There was one man who was very helpful. The next set were two employees who asked mocking questions when we asked for information. Very rude!

The pool was nice since it was very hot. The room had a fair size and the beds very comfy. Good with a fridge and possibility to make coffee or the.

Cold showers but nice rooms

I was there for four days and didn't have a hot shower the entire time I was there. I notified the front desk twice and they did send someone to check it out.

Very comfortable bed and clean rooms. The pool area was kept very clean.

Great hotel overall. Will definitely stay next time!

When we used the vending machines and they said $1.50 but when we looked at our statement it was $2.50

Friendly staff, comfortable rooms and clean hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful with checking in early because we had a sick child. Upon check out the staff were friendly to.

Great place to stay!

The parking lot is always very full and the spaces are pretty small for large trucks.

The staff is always very helpful. We've always enjoyed our stays here and the rooms are very comfortable.

Good value.
    • Standard Room

Doors need paint. First impressions are important.

Quiet and bed super comfy. Room temperature easy to adjust and keep the fan on. Rooms nice and updated. Nice to have a fridge.

Neat and clean room; friendly staff; good location.
    • Standard Room

The bathroom could use a fan, but not a big deal.

The hotel was in a good location, but you couldn't really walk to many places. But that was okay; we were able to use Uber to where we wanted to go. It was quick and easy! The room was neat and clean. The front desk staff was friendly, and took care of everything for us. They have Rapid Checkout, so we only had to drop our room keys off at the front desk on our way out. We would definitely stay there again1

Breakfast and the breakfast staff were wonderful.

We were on the 8th floor. The elevator was broken for 4 hours. One front desk attendant was very nonchalant about it saying “they are working on it”. After waiting downstairs for two hours, my 70 year old disabled grandma needed to lay down so I assisted her up 8 flights of stairs. A different attendant that was actually professional saw her going for the stairs and gave us half off our rooms for that night. My mother couldn’t get down 8 flights of stairs and my grandma couldn’t physically do it again so we missed the dinner party that we were in town for in the first place. Elevators were working by 8pm and we checked out asap the next morning.

Breakfast and the breakfast staff were wonderful.

The hotel manager and staff care about you! They made our first trip to the city a good one

Could hear people in the hallways a few times. Door is a little thin. But none of the other guest were obnoxious.

Great view of downtown from floor 9 Clean Comfortable Safe

Good stay
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Needs some updating. Elevator was a little concerning. Room was priced very high.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Location was great for our visit. Comfortable.

The staff were very friendly and responded quickly to...

They had to fix he TV. Had to wait a while for somethings for breakfast but they were extremely busy. Staff was nice though.

The staff were very friendly and responded quickly to requests.

It was very clean and comfortable. I would definately stay here again

Remote didn’t work. I checked the batteries, they were in wrong. So I fixed it myself.

The bathroom sink was behind the closed door. I hate hotels where you have to brush your teeth in front of whoever is with you.

FABULOUS!

MY ONLY COMPLAINT WOULD BE THAT MY ROOM WAS RIGHT NEXT TO TWO OTHER ROOMS THAT HAD PETS. THE DOGS WERE UP PRETTY LATE BARKING. I THINK IT WAS NICE THAT THIS HOTEL ACCOMMODATED PETS (SINCE MOST DON'T) BUT I JUST WISH MY ROOM WASN'T RIGHT NEAR THEM.

UPON CHECK IN AND CHECK OUT, THE STAFF WAS VERY FRIENDLY AND VERY HELPFUL. THE ROOM AND HOTEL WAS CLEAN AND NICE. I WOULD DEFINITELY STAY THERE AGAIN!

I would not stay here next time or tell a friends.
    • Standard Room

The bathroom rods was broken Cape wouldn’t close all the way so water got outside . We also asked to be look at . stuff said “ Is would take at least a few hours to be fix but never got done . Also got a room very noisy right by the train .

The friendly stuff , helpful when needed things

Nothing special I will look elsewhere to stay if I come back.
    • Standard Room

They claim to have a “airport” shuttle but don’t specify that it doesn’t go to DFW. I got the overpriced breakfast buffet, that was swarming with fruit flies, and asked for another glass of orange juice to be told no, only one per customer. Not that big of deal just seems very odd.

Rooms were decently clean and staff was alright.

It was a nice stay but I would probably choose somewhere else next time.

We just had some issues with the toilet and some of the things were missing from the room and the elevators were pretty terrifying and the gym room was very small

Staff was excellent and acted quickly to correct any issues we had, the pillows were AMAZING.

I liked the convenience of the location

The room seemed not clean with hairs all over the bed and the bathrooms weren’t very clean either for the price I paid

I liked the convenience of the location

Simple, reasonable, accommodating, comfortable; delicious breakfast.

Its not that I did not like it per se becuase the front desk men were AWESOME, but that it would be a neat option to have universal phone charging stations in the lobby, dining room or restaurant I am especially fond of FEB 25th's morning shuttle driver (Cleveland,?) who spoke tremendous wisdom over me on that drive to the DFW (LOVE) airport. I will never forget him and his shared scripture: 3:4 Forever be blessed brother!

The breakfast was protected with vouchers, which I thought at first was odd, then later.. clever. I have been to hotel restaurants where folks from the street can have access to the hotel's tidings.

Great value.

Wouldn't change a thing.

Great value. Love the convenience of a shuttle to downtown Dallas area! AND The beds are amazingly comfy! I've stayed here once before in June 2017 and I would stay here again, for sure!

USB charging station was very cool.

My room was right next to the elevators. I was very surprised how loud it was from my room. This kept me up at night and made it difficult to sleep. Worst possible room location to have.

USB charging station was very cool. Hotels are finally embracing 20 yr old technology.

Needed a cheap place close to Deep Ellum so we could uber safely and closely to a holiday party.
    • Standard Room

There were plates of old food/room service dishes outside of the room across from us. It stayed there all day on the first day. Smelled like ketchup. The maid was in the hallway when I first got there, but no one took the plates/trays away.

The closest you can get to bars/restaurants in Uptown Dallas and Deep Ellum for a good price. Other area hotels are double the price.

Convienient to Love Field and downtown Dallas.

The property is a little dated and worn but clean. We went to the bar for a cocktail but there was no bar tender in sight hence no cocktail.

The staff was very friendly and professional.

The stay was uneventful and I enjoyed the courteous and thoughtful staff which was helpful at every
    • Standard Room

The hotel needs to be refurbished or at least spruced up.

The staff was very nice, professional and very easy to work with. There was a glitch with the shuttle service and it seemed there were communications problems in my pickup downtown. Cost me 45 minutes. Breakfast was excellent and folks were pleasant. Hotel badly needs an upgrade because it shows t's age in spite of the staff which certainly does ts best.

Great value, great location, great privacy!

The air conditioner was a little touchy. It would kick on sometimes at night and then also be hot at times.

The bed was extremely comfortable! We loved how quiet the place was. We NEVER heard a peep from other guests at all. It was a very clean hotel. I checked it with disinfectant wipes :} . And my husband thought the elevators were very fast! We would stay there again when we visit our son.

Bed & the pillows are nice and soft, I slept like a...

Everything was good they could change up the breakfast maybe do omelette . so rotated scramble then omelettes

Bed & the pillows are nice and soft, I slept like a dream .breakfast so OK

The staff was treated me and my father very nice.
    • Standard Room

The staff was treated me and my father very nice. I had 5 years not seeing my father and we had a wonderful stay at the hotel. Staff resolved every situation in a timely and professional manner. Thank you.

The room was quiet, clean and comfortable.
    • Standard Room

The curtains; only the shears close. The black out drapes hang to the sides and are fixed in position making it impossible to close for total privacy and room darkening.

The room was quiet, clean and comfortable.

It was overall very nice and comfortable.
    • Standard Room

It seemed a little old and run down in some parts. The elevator was a little rickety and we had trouble getting our door open to our room.

Very comfy beds. Friendly staff and a good little restaurant and bar downstairs.

Very happy overall

We had a moving truck and there wasn't any area marked for truck parking.

Since the hotel restaurant was closed the clerk recommended a diner that was fantastic.

The overall was awesome, but we would like a room on the other side of the hotel our next stay.

I didn't like that the Dallas train came right by our window every 20 minutes or so all night, except for maybe a couple of hours around 1am. That was noisy and would wake us up, but the bed was comfortable and we were able to go right back to sleep.

The hotel was lovely and the room very comfortable. The pillows on the bed are awesome. My husband raved about how fluffy and soft the pillows were.

We were cofortable bur tired.

I asked for a lower level room and we were assigned a room on the fourth fllor on the back side. Soooo we heard planes and trains all night. I was going to the hospital the next morning. I was soooo tired.

The rooms were very comfortable.

Average good

Front desk stuff was not professional , customer service needs improve

Nothing special really, but we visit a dinner cafe place is next to it, it was a cute place, delicious foods.

A 15+ Star Review

I wish I could've stayed a while longer to relax after the conference was over.

The beds were extremely comfortable. The rooms were clean. Bathroom showerhead was the best! The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. We didn't eat lunch or dinner there, but the breakfast was exceptional. Not a continental, but full service!! That was worth 15 points in itself

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

I will definitely come back.
    • Standard Room

The room was a little cool even though I turned off the AC. The staff was kind to bring me a nice fluffy down comforter.

The staff was awesome. They were very friendly and personably like as if they were truly happy to be there.

Cheap for the location - but you get what you pay for

I thought breakfast was included with my reservation - it wasn't, and was a bit pricey for what we got. In addition, the layout of the room was strange (I had a big armchair next to the bed and then nightstand with alarm clock was several feet away) and the bath/shower was teeny. Tv channel selection was poor as well.

Bed was soft, staff was helpful

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

I would definitely stay there again.

The tub faucet was difficult to pull out. If you're not a big eater, breakfast might be a little too expensive.

The room was clean and spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good with a variety of foods to choose from.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

The Seminar I attended was right down stairs so it was very...

The price for the rooms were a little steep for the value that's why I only stayed the one night. I also think they're should be a discount rate option for business seminars.

The Seminar I attended was right down stairs so it was very convenient, and the breakfast served was nice!

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Would stay again.
    • Standard Room

Bed was hard as a rock. Didn't bother my wife but she prefers a firm bed.

Restaurant has a great breakfast. Room was clean. Staff was super friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Good location to market and medical complex.
    • Standard Room

The bathroom sink inside rim of the granite was very sticky and filthy dirty. Lighting could be upgraded to brighter white lights instead of the yellow/gold hue that most older hotels have. Room was near the elevators and pretty noisy. Thankful for earplugs.Didn't see an option for room service especially since a restaurant was attached. Or maybe I just missed it in the room.

Bed was very comfortable and clean. Plenty of electrical outlets for cpap and electronic devices. Although the shower was a shower/tub configuration, the shower had really good water flow and fast, hot water. Liked the Keurig coffee pot in the room. Location of the hotel was very convenient for this visit.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Never Again.

Hard to get in and out, traffic very heavy. Biggest thing though is (Ive noticed this before in the lobby) having to change our room because what looked like someone maybe dealing drugs in the room next to us or maybe on that floor. Knocking on the door and then running off when you answered it. Also same going on in parking lot. I informed desk personnel and changed our room to another floor but ended up checking out a day early because we just didn't feel safe. not once did the security person come and ask any questions, that seems kinda strange if you are wanting to put a stop to this sort of goings on. I don't know exactly what was going on, I just know something was and I did not want myself or my daughter to end up in the middle of it. I will not stay there again. I'm certainely not a racist but I also am very leary when there are black men running around knocking on my door and way to many in the lobby and parking lot. I should have called the police when it was evident the hotel personnel were not going to take any action. As I said before I will not stay there again. If I'm going to have to pay $144.00 a night I can stay somewhere else. I checked the rates. Janice Moore

This hotel is basically clean, staff just friendly enough, beds are comfortable enough. Nothing over the top, nothing to get excited about. I paid $119.00 for Sunday and $144.00 for Monday and still got the same thing for almost 30.00 more. $144.00 for these rooms is definitely too much.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Poor location, dinner not good
    • Standard Room

Claimed to have a full service restaurant for dinner. It was actually a few tables in the bar with a poor menu. Stayed for dinner on both nights as the hotel was at a major junction and getting in and out with the car was a nightmare.

Breakfast was good selection at the buffet.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

Excellent staff!! Awesome place!
    • Standard Room

No microwave. No free breakfast.

Loved everything! Staff was the best!! Hotel has restaurant inside, pool, fitness center, complimentary shuttle, hair dryer, fridge and free parking. Most hotels in the area charge extra to park your car on-site. Will definitely return!!

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

The staff was helpful and accommodating.

The carpeting in the hallways and room was visibly dirty. The room was pretty plain, but that's to be expected at this price.

The staff was helpful and accommodating. The location was convenient to Love Field Airport.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

An amazing hotel with exceptional staff

Nothing! Everything was absolutely perfect

The staff was exceptional! I was in town for a medical procedure and the staff was always offering to help us out, when my husband would walk out without me they would always ask how I was feeling, is there anything they could do? Etc... The room was very clean and it was very large. We had asked for a ground floor or a room close to an elevator, we were on the 5th floor but was two doors away from the elevator. This has been one of the most pleasant trips I've had while up in Dallas, we will definitely be coming back and staying with this Holiday Inn for every trip to Dallas!

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Nice hotel but over priced.

Pool needed cleaning. Green algae was forming on bottom of pool. A/C in large suite was unable to keep room comfortable. Shower head was old and would not allow good water pressure.

Breakfast was great. However over priced for children 12 and under.

The location was close to the business I needed to visit.

No hot water.

The location was close to the business I needed to visit.

Very friendly and helpful

Very friendly and helpful

Seemed to be in a safe location.

Room wasn't cool enough.

The location was good.

The bathroom

The location was good.

air conditioning kicked off mid night and I got too warm.

air conditioning kicked off mid night and I got too warm. It was set on 68.

Breakfast was great.

A/C did not work well. Shower put out about 2.5 psi of pressure.

Breakfast was great. Cheap rate. Right next to the dart line. Low traffic.

great location for going to AA center.

great location for going to AA center. great value. great service.

Perfect location for visits to UT Southwestern. About a 2-5 minute drive even in traffic.

Quiet, comfortable, clean. The restaurant was small, cozy and very nice. The food was exceptional for such a small place.

Had a great breakfast and dinning area.

Had a great breakfast and dinning area. Very convenient.

Staff are friendly, and a reasonable stay however would need another room away from vending machine.

Air on quite noisy, ice making machine very loud.

Room is large with two queen beds,

Free breakfast .

Free breakfast . Will stay at other Holiday Inn's that offer free breakfast.

Great hotel

N/a

Loved that there was a shuttle provided by the hotel to downtown. Also really close to the dart system.

It was great

It was all very easy, thankyou

My stay was ok

The hotel is old and needs to be remodeled

The room was clean

also right

Smell.

Staff!!!

great location

Bad smell in room, breakfast not included.

great location

Staff was very pleasant and professional
    • Standard Room

Room was worn and in need of refurbishment

Staff was very pleasant and professional

This holiday inn is very special they treat and greet you...

This holiday inn is very special they treat and greet you always with a smile and they're very nice

Greattt

It was very nice and quite even late in the night, the bed was comfortable and just what was needed.

Still it was a fantastic stay!

Offered the gentleman in front of us a free breakfast laughing and joking but did not offer us or the other business by us the same option.

My room had a couple of problems.

My room had a couple of problems. Tv not working and light out in restroom. Made a call and they were fixed promptly.

Would stay here again

Service in the bar with regard to the menu items was slow.

Would like to see breakfast buffet with bran muffins or something similar.

Would definitely stay here again!

No complaints

Friendly staff. Shuttle to the game was nice!

Good

Breakfast was not a buffet,limited choices menu

Clean comfortable bed location

Amazing

No free breakfast

Nice big bed

Comfortable bed and pillows
    • Standard Room

Noisy fan in air conditioning

Comfortable bed and pillows Good breakfast In house laundry Close to railway station

It was a stay without incident. Rooms were clean and service personnel were hospitable.

For the purpose of my stay, the accommodation was fantastic!

The bed was perfect.

Our room ac unit was not working properly.
    • Standard Room

Our room ac unit was not working properly.

The building is too old and smelly!

The building is too old and smelly!

The noise of the train and the airplanes was bad.

The noise of the train and the airplanes was bad.