Reviews of Howard Johnson by Wyndham Historic St. Augustine FL 2 stars

#67 of 82 hotels in St. Augustine

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Okay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rude employees. Bathroom had a baby roach in it. And i went down to office for breakfast at 9 and there was no more food, so yall need to let people know the food policy for that. And its been 4 days affer my stay and still havnt recieved my deposit.

The location.

not good.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Chain on door broken,ceiling looked like it was going to cave in, toilet bowl tank lid didn't fit,was from another toilet,no cups,front door warped,carpet all stained,desk girl wouldn't give me a AAA discount because I already paid online with Booking.com,even though they said I wouldn't be charged until I arrived. Also they put an extra $50 charge that they say will come off my credit card in three days. Overall not a good experience,and we've been going to this hotel for years.It's going down hill fast.

Fluffy eggs? No eggs

Very accessible to everything
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The rates doubled after 1 day. I asked about it and the woman at the desk threatened to call the police on Me????!!! What the F.... Plus she told me they did that on the weekends. It was not the weekend! Want to deal with Crazy stay here!

Very accessible to everything

Less than expected from Wyndham

This is exactly what I sent to Wyndham resorts 3 adults & five and one yr old & 2 dogs evacuating hurricane Florence Happy to get rooms at a Wyndham (dbl queen & family suite) Beds comfortable but rooms had ants and the floors & seats filthy & broken chair in suite 2 towels in family suite for 2 days Had to get clean towels day 3 from office Got 2 towels and 3 tub mats. B'fast was pitiful Rate quote today about $300 less EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED! Need to reevaluate opinion of Wyndham? The room rates fluctuate from weekday to weekend stays and are reflected in the rate quote difference indicated above

Ok
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

See above

Ann Marie at the front desk was very nice & helpful The young man in the mornings at the front desk was not friendly & went out of way to be difficult & confusing. Wrappers from other guests on the floor when I got to the room Rooms dated Lizard in the bathroom- same man at front desk took forever to get someone to come remove it

disappointed

We visited this Location 15 years ago and it was in bad repair then.old and musty.when we returned we thought it would have been remodeled.no it was a big disappointment. A very poor showing for your hot name and brand . disappointed

Location was great.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

It was close to the places we wanted to see

The check in. They didn’t believe me that I booked the reservation through you, booking. com

Good spacious rooms and parking in front of the room. It was clean the room but they didn’t clean it the second day. Breakfast was wonderful! People too but they need experienced staff at the counter.

NOTHING
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The property displayed through Booking.com was nothing I was forced to stay in due to the non “refundable deposit.” It was over priced, dirty, and did not even have toilette paper. The staff was not friendly at all, did not seem like they like their job and clueless about anything as far as entertainment to where I was staying at. I asked about nightlife and was told where brochures are at. I need someone to contact me in regards to my stay as I am extremely disappointed in my experience. Considering my company will be will be looking for hotels in that area, I was planning on using Booking.com, I strongly recommend a call back at 727 709 3731. Kat Guzek

NOTHING

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Was clean and easy to access.

Guy at the front desk wasn’t pleasant. Didn’t tell us what time breakfast was. Didn’t give us good directions to our room so we walked around a good five mins before finding it. It has the smallest bathroom I have ever seen. Barely had any hot water my shower was luke warm at best and there a creepy guy around the hotel almost all night.

Was clean and easy to access. Was close to downtown.

Breakfast was good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It needs a total refurbishment,we nearly did not stay when we arrived at the hotel as it looks shabby but the rooms were ok nothing special but we would not stay here again

Breakfast was good

This was a great place at a super low price for my wife and me and our two grand children.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The refrigerator in my room did not work.

The beds were firm, the AC was very good, the room was very clean, the complimentary breakfast was adequate, the location was terrific and the price for two rooms was super.

A complete disappointment
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This hotel was completely filthy. The bathtub looked like it had not been cleaned ever. The carpet was so dirty it turned the bottom of my feet black. Beds were completely uncomfortable. Sheets looked dingy and dirty.

I really like the hotel. The door in the room I stayed, 158, was very dirty and needs a paint job
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

This was my third time staying at this hotel. However, this last time I found the door, on the inside, very, very dirty. It looks like some kind of nasty stain that needs to be removed. Because my stay was short, this time, I fail to bring it to the office attention. The door needs to be either replaced or have a new paint job. Room 158. Thank you.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Yuck
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was toasts and yogurt and canned fruit. Parking was cramped. Exterior was dirty. Pool was dirty. Had to get upgrade because queen room was too small in a dirty hall. King room was bigger New floor and bath tiles. Linens clean. But I don’t think it was worth 85day one and 95day two. Won’t stay again here

The carpet in the room had a moldy smell, they also double...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The carpet in the room had a moldy smell, they also double charged two different credit cards a total of $250.00 for a 95.00 room. Worst hotel, bathroom falling apart! Furniture very neat up, sloppy paint all over the bathroom, mirror coatings peeling? Terrible experience. Plugged in tjr clock and it didn't work either.

Location and price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I realize it is a cheaper accommodation and u get what you pay for...etc... but this hotel desperately needs some updating and a deep clean. Also, worst mattress I have ever laid on.

Location and price

Great place to stay, but don't count on great breakfast.

The first morning breakfast was ill prepared, cold eggs, cold sausage and the person working to keep the food out "HAD NO CLUE" running out of items not heating things properly a general disaster. The second morning was worse 6:30 breakfast turned into 7:45 breakfast due to someone couldn't make it to work on time. Management should have a contingency plan.

Honeymoon suite, after 28 years of marriage it was just what the doctor ordered. We enjoyed the full size suite with whirlpool tub in the living room, and blackout curtains a fizzing bath bomb was an essential to acquire from St. Georges Street. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable.

Location, the staff was super nice and it was very clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom was old looking. It l99k like from the 1950's. The shower head was so low i had squat to rinse.

Location, the staff was super nice and it was very clean.

Very dissatisfied!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Poor customer service. The first lady at the desk said I had to wait for the next lady because her shift was over and that she already logged out of the computer. When the second lady finally arrived, she wasn't very friendly either. I felt more like an intrusion instead of a guest. The hotel location is not the greatest because it's still a driving distance to downtown St. Augustine. The hotel is very outdated. It's clean, but not a comfortable stay. The worst part is the amount of money I paid to stay here for one night. It was not worth it at all. Do yourself a favor and stay anywhere else but here.

Air conditioning, clean room

Great staff, gross room

There were bugs in our room- ants in bathroom, roach in bedroom, some weird worms on the curtains. Only one accessible outlet in the whole bedroom area- had to make coffee in the bathroom. Bathroom smelled like feces and the bathroom floor had not been cleaned, there was also blood on the wall in front of the toilet. Just a gross bathroom situation. There was a hole burned in our comforter. I feel like the money we paid to stay here was purely for the location and free breakfast.

The staff was super friendly, and the free breakfast had lots of choices and tasted good.

My stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom. The tubs finish was peeling off and the tub its self was stained. The carpets throughout the room were very dirty and stained and in need of replacement.

The staff and the rest of the room. The staff were all very nice and super accommodating. The cleaning lady actually came back in to change my bed Linens when I accidentally spilled my large drink all over the bed. The rest of the room was spacious and comfortable. The bed was quite comfortable. The location couldn't be beat.

This place should not be listed on your site and it ruined our stay

The room was totally run down and out dated. There was mold in the shower , broken mirrors and a gap in the door that you could see outside. The carpets were filthy whereas you could not dare to take your socks off! Where the place was so dirty we didn’t not cover up with the sheets on the bed we slept on top of them. The fixes that they have done to try to up keep the place are so poorly done that it looks about of as good of job that i could have done. The refrigerator was rusted . I took pictures of everything that was mentioned and more if you needed proof of what i am saying

The location of this place is fine! They offer a breakfast that we did not take advantage of!

We had a great time and I would stay there again you can’t bet the price and location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They really need to change the carpet and redo the bathroom

It was my second time I have stayed there , the staff is very nice , love that the trolley picks us up at the hotel . The breakfast was nice

I HAD A GREAT VISIT
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

IT NEEDS A LITTLE PAINTING.

THE STAFF WAS WONDERFUL. THE ROOM WAS CLEAN AND COMFORTABLE. THE AREA WAS CONVENIENT TO THE ATTRACTIONS WE WANTED TO SEE AND YET QUIET. THE PROPERTY NEEDED A BIT OF FIXING, BUT I FELT SAFE THERE. I WOULD RETURN .

location, breakfast options, microwave and refrigerator

beds were not comfortable, dirty appearance, a/c was dirty, pool small, rooms were just old need to be updated

location, breakfast options, microwave and refrigerator

Location was good.

The staff was rude when we checked in. I called and asked for a renovated room and was told we had one , when we checked in that was not the case. The girl was rude about it. The room was not really dirty but old and smelled musty. Towels were stained and the bed sounded like you were going over train tracks every time you moved. Room 160.

Location was good. Close to downtown

It was a bad experience
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was old and dirty. The lady up front when I checked in was rude. The pillows and bed were hard. The breakfast said continental and only had muffins. The way they make it sound online is not how it is in real life. Need to update and clean.

Would not choose or recommend this property.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Uncleanliness of bathroom....corners of floor tile were caked with dirt and overall floor tiles were old and looked dirty/top of wall tiles very dusty with poor workmanship/very old toilet and tub/back of window curtain had areas that looked like roaches had been smashed!

Air conditioner kept the room at a comfortable temperature. Beds were fairly comfortable.

Could be worse. Could be better
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The front desk. Cleanliness. Breakfast. Check out time.

Filthy carpet. Room door was unlocked when we arrived. When we mentioned how dirty the bathroom was we were told they could not do anything about it because it was not mentioned last night. My mom didn't shower at 11pm and is from Germany and didn't tell me u til the morning. Front desk didn't have a senior ticket for the trolley and told me that I could get one at the booth and that there was a B1G1 for $10 ticket but what she didn't tell me is that the second ticket also had to be for a senior. She knew we were two adults and one senior.. They had no butter left and didn't provide any for the rest of breakfast. No Oatmeal. No fruit. Lights on outside of the rooms all night. Our bathroom wasn't the best either but we're used to it. Location was great. We were able to keep the car parked which was great also. One of the ladies housekeeper was super nice and very apologetic when we told her about the bathrooms. Nicer than the lady and guy at the front desk. My Mom hadn't been to the US in ten years so having a dirty bathroom with stains and human hair that wasn't hers on the floor wasn't cool especially when the guy at the front desk insinuated that it may be her hair..my Mom is 70 yrs old with long blond/silver hair. Both of our rooms had dark shorter hair.

Location was convenient
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff was unprofessional. Lady at front desk was very rude to my wife and to me on the phone upon check in. I will not tolerate this form of behavior and will be making a formal complaint

Location was convenient

breakfast was great and the lady at front desk pretty nice.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the frizzer was not working and the bathroom will need improvement but base in in price and just a night was great

breakfast was great and the lady at front desk pretty nice.the location excellent to walk during the early night and return in case kids be sleeping

SAD. I SHOULD HAVE READ THE REVIEWS AND I WOULDN'T HAVE STAYED THERE.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

THE CARPET WAS FILTHY. I WOULDN'T LET MY DOG LAY ON IT. NO HOT WATER AT NIGHT.,A LITTLE WARM BY MORNING. MOLD IN THE BATH ROOM.ROOM SERVICE WAS TERRIBLE . THEY DIDN'T CLEAN THE SINK OR TUB. HOWARD JOHNSON HAS BEEN AROUND FOR A LONG TIME AND I EXPECTED MUCH MORE. IT NEED TO BE CLOSED AND PRESSURE WASHED ,CARPET REPLACED AND MOLD REMOVED.

Awful and would like my $167 back!

One queen bed squeaked with every move. Bug in shower and room. Tile floor dirty. Shower head pulled out from wall. Needs paint and spackle on lots of holes. Can’t believe this was a Wyndom hotel.

A:C worked. Trolly ride right there. Old Senator Tree

Very disappointed, after a full day of sightseeing the city you need an environment room to relax

Room was not clean for one day,Bed was not made up,towels were not changed,had to go at the office to request them that night,had to request towel rack to be fix in the bathroom.It was a non smoking room but out side the door way a lot of cigarettes buts. I thing you should have signs outside the walkways to the door way NOT SMOKING AREA and make an area for smoking......

Very noisy
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

People were fighting and screaming at 4 am. We told the front desk a bit later and they said oh The washroom wasn’t the cleanest. It was not the most comfortable sleep. I tossed all night from the noise. The only of four that wasn’t bother was my one son... he is deaf.

It was close to town but still had to drive to get closer They have an old tree that was interesting

So bad, we had to laugh

They couldn't find my reservation, apparently when I called in to add a name to the reservation someone transposed the first and last names. The room we were given 147 was not up to expectations. The room was dirty, the cushion on the bench in the room for your luggage had several stains on it. We had to cover it with a towel. The bed spread was also stained. The first time we used the tub, we found out it was dirty. The worst problem with the room was the carpeting, which was so dirty that after just coming out the shower our feet were black from walking on the carpet. We had to wear shoes the whole time we were in the room. If I could have gone to another hotel, I would have gladly paid more. We however were locked in and I didn't feel like fighting it. Howard Johnson's used to have standards, I guess they don't apply for all their properties. I hope Wyndham invests some money in this property.

The location to things in Historic St Augustine was the only saving grace for this experience.

The property was very clean.

Great location. Very clean. Comfortable beds. Very friendly staff.

The property was very clean. The staff were very friendly and very helpful. We will be staying here again very soon.

Clean and organized with knowledgeable staff would be my recommendation before I come back.

Blood on the wall in the bathroom by the light cover. Coffee pot location had no plugin. Floor was beautiful but dirty. Continental breakfast and coffee was very dirty. I told the clerk there was old slime built up inside from not being clean as well as the outside. Undrinkable. The next day was the same. I wanted to buy a trolley pass at the front desk. The clerk charged me but didn’t know how to print the tickets. After 45 minutes of no success and multiple phone calls , she still couldn’t print them and I had to find another station to complete my purchase. Them manager walked by several times and offered no help. Not happy with this experience at all.

Bed was very comfortable. Location is great.

I would come back here again and again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The property within baby beds are comfortable the location was perfect the hotel was beautiful the grounds were beautiful it was quiet and clean the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful and knowledgeable. Couldn't say anything bad about the place

We had a nice stay, but we were totally disappointed with the room, and won't be staying there again

Bathroom was not clean. No hot water for showers in the AM. When we reported it, we were told we didn't know how to use the shower faucet. There was no hot water in the bathroom sink either.

good location close to all the downtown area.

Super close to downtown and the trolley and Explore Tours...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The shower was awful. No water pressure.

Super close to downtown and the trolley and Explore Tours picked us up and dropped us off quick and convenient from the hotel. It was only 3 bucks per person.

The location is great but shell out a few more bucks for a nicer place.

I know that the hotel is old and you don't get the best rooms when you book thru these websites but the room was stinky of mold and there was mold by all the windows. Bath room was the worst. Lot of mold and the bathtub had black residue on the bottom. Not to mention housekeeping walked into the room twice before 10 am (checkout at 11am). We're not picky woth our rooms withwr. Just wanted a bed for the night

Staff was super nice and the location was great even if the property isn't.

THE OUTSIDE OF THE PLACE WAS VERY APPEALING, THE BEDS WERE...

EVERYTHING EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE

THE OUTSIDE OF THE PLACE WAS VERY APPEALING, THE BEDS WERE COMFORTABLE OTHER THAN THAT THE PLACE WAS VERY TIRED LOOKING. NEEDS A LOT OF WORK TO MAKE IT A GOOD FACILITY BUT IT HAS A NICE BASE TO START WITH JUST NEEDS A LOT OF MONEY INVESTED.

This is a Wyndham property that does not meet their usual high quality standards.

Lots of roaches found in the bathroom in the middle of the night. Ants were in the sink and microwave area on our 2nd day even though we did not eat in the room. We had a room with 2 queen beds and one of those made sqeeking noised when you moved or turned over in bed. Desk staff was not friendly, especially after we complained about the bugs in our room. They tried to overcharge us for the 2nd night, but did reverse the charge after we showed them our reservation quoted pricing.

Motel is vintage 1950's and has been remodeled and updated. Free wi-fi worked great and location near the historic district was good. Historic area was about 1/2 mile walk.

It was convenient for the trolley.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The shower didn't work, there were spider webs near the ceiling, there was no breakfast the second day. What there was, was left over, (bun,s, bagels) from the day before. Old building, showing its age.

It was convenient for the trolley. Office staff very nice.

NOT WORTH STAYING HERE AT ALL.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The Egyptian gentleman at check in was very polite and understanding. Waiting to be assigned a room for more than 30 minutes. Room is rather dark and smelly. Not worth recommending at all. This hotel is just a rip off....and too expensive for the services and room offered. My perception is that this is a run down building with very strange folks parading in front of the rooms which makes you feel unsafe. No safe inside the room. The door did not close well and left quite a draft coming in the room. Breakfast not worth going to. Just usual cheap stuff with no hot options. Upon checkout too many complaints by other guests were mentioned including safety, connectivity with the front desk and deficiencies in the rooms. No worthwhile reaction from the lady at the counter. Under no condition I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Spend a few bucks more and stay in a decent place where you feel safe and are offered your money's worth.

The location was the only thing to be mentioned as positive.

I won’t stay here ever again

Almost everything, old matress, Croaches in the bathroom

Croaches in the bathroom, are you kidding me?, the breakfast was so bad and lack of options, dining space so tiny.

The location was very good.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

A couple booked next door on our second day and decided to recreate a porn movie for us during that night with screams and moaning.

The location was very good.

Needs attention to detail

Crowded breakfast room, poor selection of breakfast. We had a dead beetle on our bathroom counter for 3 days, finally went to the office and complained, they sent t her in to clean the counter. The floors were never vacuumed or mopped while we were there for 3 nights. The location was great for the train. Probably wouldn't stay there again. I can say that the office staff was friendly and helpful. They were the best part of the stay

Not clean at all.

See above. We didn't like anything about that place. It was gross and we almost packed up to drive home. But couldn't get our money back.

Nothing. It was s dump and we will never stay there again. Did not look like the photos online. Dirty washcloth hanging on the shower rod. The tub filled with water as we showered and outside hallway is gross and run down looking. Two broke down washing machines right outside our door next to the ice machine.

Free parking.

Staff was not welcoming, didn't smile, made those waiting to check in uncomfortable with their attitude. Rooms were old, damp and definitely not worth what I paid. No wonder if was the only hotel available. Not in walking distance to historic area. Would not stay again.

Free parking. The breakfast was ok.

Excellent location, walking distance to everything.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

More tables for breakfast. Shower could look cleaner but I think it is just dated.

Continental breakfast only. Not enough tables for all the customers so we ate outside under the trees. Shower a little outdated but lots of hot water.

The worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

The room was disgusting. They gave me the room and apparently they just spread out the sheets from the previous guest...the sheets were dirty and so were the towels. The rug is horrible, if you stay here make sure you take your flip flops to walk around. The bathroom was full of hair and very dirty. Needless to say, I would never stay here again. Aside from this, the ladies at the front desk acted like zombies. They were not eager to answer anything and just apologized for the room not meeting our expectations. They answered like they were used to all the complaints.

Took several minutes for water to empty from tub.

Took several minutes for water to empty from tub. Left a soap scrum, had to clean myself for next person. Commode lose from floor. some of the light switchs did not work.

Wonderful stay just need softer mattress.

The mattress was very firm and hurt our backs.

My fiancé and I was there this whole week for vacation and we very much enjoyed it. Would have been better if it wasn't freezing this week lol but it was very clean, staff and house keeping was very nice and if we needed anything they was right on it. Great and beautiful location where you wasn't right in the middle of everything but you was still very close to everything. Only problem we had was our neighbors next door was very loud the whole night for two nights in a row and the bed wasn't very comfortable. It was a very firm bed but the sheets, pillows and blankets was warm and cozy. Just need softer mattress. But all in all we very much enjoyed our stay this week.

St. Augustine is great Howard Johnson Hotel is terrible.

The room was disguising dirty and moldy to top if off NO HOT WATER Sunday morning March 10, 2018 at 7 am. Told front desk clerk said nothing can be done. Took my name and number said manager Raj would call Monday. He not only did not call but would not take my three phone calls on Monday March 11, 2018. Totally discourteous.

Worst hotel we even stayed in!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel was run down, dirty, walls and furniture caked with greasy dirt, the bed linens were ripped, and the room was dark and dank. We tried our best to stay away from the hotel as long as possible. On the second morning of our stay we had no hot water. I understand that the heater malfunctioning was not their fault but based upon the state of the hotel I can imagine it also was not maintained. The response of the desk staff to the lack of hot water was that all of the guests could go to one open room in another end of the complex to shower. At that point they tried to make their problem our problem. Really? I would never stay at this hotel or any other Howard Johnson’s again.

The hotel is in St Augustine

Cockroach in bathroom . No clothes hangers. No hanger for toilet paper(left sitting on the floor). Sheet had skid marks. Entrance to room in unlighted hallway very dirty.

Friendly staff, decently priced, conveniently located, good wifi, clean, needs a few updates.

There was little variety with the continental breakfast. Our bathroom door neither closed fully nor opened fully. My bed creaked loudly whenever I moved. The vanity light was dim, which made it difficult to apply make-up. However, I would stay here again, but I would ask for a different room.

The hotel was conveniently located and the staff was very pleasant and helpful. Our room was reasonably priced. The TV received an adequate amount of stations for the evening. The wifi was adequate for my needs. It served its purpose.

Love this place. "Old Time Florida". Great rates during the week<M-Thursday

Been staying here over 10 years. Love it close enough* to the Historic Dist, yet far enough way<>of the maddening tourists and noise! Behind hotel is the Fountain of Youth, the treeline Moss trees, the most famous street in St Augustine. The hotel hosts an over 100 year old Tree called the Senator that is listed on the National Historic Reg. It's dated. Clean. And "old florida"..one of the BEST hotels on San Marcos...interm. we have stayed at others. Hotel was recently sold I believe, but we stay here for the LOCATION. The red trolley passes through here every few minutes (which we LOVE) and the Fountain of Youth Peacock sometimes you can see as well. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

we were unhappy with the room, but the staff was polite and friendly.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Outside light was on all night with no blackout curtain. It was like trying to sleep in a lit room. There was no closet or anywhere to hang anything. Also just an upholstered bench, no chair, and no place to use a laptop.

Bathrooms too small, rude lady at front desk got my stay off on the wrong foot!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The lady at the front desk at 1:00 on 3/6/18 was very rude acting like the computer was down so we couldn't check in early even tho I asked when I booked the room. The computer was down when all the time she was printing things out? The hotel wasn't busy and I know the room was clean. I asked when we could get in our room and she said come back at 3:00 with a very sour face and not a bit friendly! Would never come back. The stay was fine except they put us right up front by the highway which was very noisy and there were plenty of available rooms.

Nice continental breakfast

Fantastic weekend with friends in a great location. Would return.

Breakfast is crowded, almost a fight to get food. Is there a better place to set up? Loud guests outside can be unpleasant while sleeping.

Fabulous location. Laid back atmosphere. Breakfast. Good value.

It was quiet

was unable to use the internet and when spoke with the office they had said it is my laptop. Another customer went to office when I did for the same reason and we were both told that it must be our laptops.

It was quiet

worth a repeat
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast left a bit to be desired, but maybe we were spoiled by the Best Western in Fredricksburg VA....now that was a great breakfast !!

Convenient location....unique décor...a Spanish theme that fits the expectations for the area

Reviews prepared me for rundown condition and I appreciated location and helpful staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel could use a lot... A lot... Of cosmetic attention. In light of it's perfect location, the owners would do well to invest in upgrades. I would recommend it highly if that happened. Budget evidently demands weekday continental breakfast, but some boiled eggs for protein would have been helpful.

The front desk staff was particularly helpful in their knowledge of the area. Generally very warm and gracious. The location was perfect for reaching the historic district and provided a shuttle stop right outside the office door.

Ok probably won't stay here again
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Pictures were deceiving Had a room in a DARK HALLWAY with window facing a wall Breakfast help very ubfriendly Free laundry? Seems out of order for a long time

15 minute walk to downtown

It seems that the rooms including the bathrooms were last upgraded 40 years ago. Not good.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We had two rooms. 106 was ok. I think an upgrading in the bathroom will be nice. I thought I was in 1972. Room 105 tub was dirty and bathroom finishing was messy not well done even for 1972. But the rooms need upgrading. I'm sure you have made enough money since 1972 to upgrade the bathrooms.

Staff was helpful and pleasant. Breakfast was good and tasty. I have no complaints about the staff they were all very nice and professional. Location was very good. Not too central but convenient.

Can't wait for our next visit

We liked everything

We Loved the location. We parked our car when we got there and didn't move our car until the day we checked out. The location was super convenient for us. We loved that there was a trolley stop at the location:)

good location. Free parking. Good value for place to sleep and shower.

Poor housekeeping services. Had to ask daily for clean towels and vacuuming. The room had poor ventilation and odors possibility due to old carpet Broken fridge and moldy bathtub

Great location and layout but needs updating. It could be great resort with a little investment.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathrooms were in dire need of refurbishment. Mold in showers. Room carpets made our feet dirty. Had to wear shoes in the room. The only reason we are not really mad is that we only paid $50 per night.

The location was great for walking to old town. The layout of the hotel is very nice with the historic old "Senator" oak tree in the center. Funny to see the sightseeing trolleys riding through the resort to see the tree. Breakfast was limited but fresh and well stocked.

Things were a little different this time!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I’ve stayed here numerous times over the years. This is the first time I’ve been disappointed with the cleaning staff. One day they didn’t even replace the linens on my bed. I had to ask for my room to be swept. When they replaced soiled towels, it appeared that they hastily just threw the clean ones over the rack. Another morning, a cleaning associate was outside my room singing at the top of her lungs while servicing the room next to mine at 7 AM. Like I said, first time I’ve ever had these issues.

The price! Book early and get great rates!

It was a good for an overnight stay.

The lady at the front desk could be more knowledgeable about where to get tickets for the Hop on and off cars.

It was very close to many of the tourist Attractions.

Great Location, Filthy Room
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I had to call the office because the tub was filthy. The lower part of bathroom door on both sides of the door were black with grime. The wall across from the commode had black footprints on it . It was like someone sat on the toilet and put their feet up on the wall while using it. Around the handle of door looked like it hadn't been wiped in years. The window was so dirty it looked like it was foggy out. I had to wipe the windowsill because there was 1/8th inch of dust on it. The bottom of my feet would get black if I didn't have shoes on from the carpet. I had to wash them again before getting into bed. There were visible stains all over the brown carpet. Half the white bathroom floor was a dark gray that couldn't be cleaned. On the first day when I called the office and asked for someone to come to the room so I could show them the condition of the room, someone was sent immediately. The glued down tub mat was removed and replaced but the porcelain of the tub remained gray because of wear. The bottom of the door was wiped clean and was white again. The footprinted bathroom wall was wiped down and clean. The bathroom floor was scrubbed but remained gray from the ingrained dirt. Because the door, wall, and tub were able to be improved, it made me wonder why I had to call to get it done in the first place. It should have NEVER been in the condition it was, in the first place, since it was able to be cleaned. It's a shame that the room was in the condition it was because the location of the Motel is wonderful. The check-in staff is very friendly and helpful. I booked Howard Johnson's because I believed in their "Name". I was wrong. The walkway outside of the rooms needs to be power washed because it's dirty.

Good location but a run down place.

Run down, tired, kind of depressing.

The location is good, a reasonable walk from the historic district. To be fair, everything in the place worked properly.