Reviews of The Hollywood Roosevelt 4 stars

7000 Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA 90028, USA

#109 of 352 hotels in Los Angeles

Based on 2012 hotel reviews

6.1

Frat like mouldy smelling Dorm with noise to accompany
    • Superior Queen Room

very noisy ( indoors & outdoors ) , mouldy smelling dorm like outdated rooms . Bar staff in lobby basically demanded tipping & not one of the ladies toilets there was clean enough to be used on Saturday mid morning !

the bowling alley & eating by the pool were fun

The pillows were amazing
    • Cabana Room

Need coffee in the room Shower arm would be better than just head Ironing board needs legs

The pillows were amazing The staff are polite and happy to help and chat

location was good
    • Superior King Room

I was seriously wondering" what the heck?" when the clerk set my cards down on the ledge behind his computer (not within reach for me, and did not hand them to me after he used them the check me in . I had to ask for them because he seemed to have forgotten about them and was dismissive of me when I asked for them twice. The cards would have been reachable for someone not as short as I am , but thank goodness I was paying attention. My cards should have been handed to me courteously......not very professional conduct from a hotel costing this much.

Walking In The Footsteps Of Hollywood Royalty
    • Superior Queen Room

We loved everything about The Hollywood Roosevelt. The hotel is steeped in history and it was fabulous to be walking in the footsteps of Hollywood royalty. The location is second to none and the staff couldn’t have been more helpful. Particularly helpful were Juliana and Nicole from Guest Services, who went out of their way to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. We loved the quirky bars and the décor and the pool and our room. We spent four nights there and are very much looking forward to taking our two daughters (15 and 16) back next July.

A lavish hotel, and to-die-for location.
    • Superior Queen Room

A little annoying that pool closed at 2pm the day I was there, for a music video shoot. And it would be great to have coffee making facilities in the room.

Stunning lobby area, fantastic pool. You could really feel the glamorous history of the place. Location is amazing, right across from Dolby theatre.

Filthy cabana room 120.
    • Cabana Room

Stayed in the cabana room 120. It was the filthiest room I have stayed in the 8 hotels on this holiday. The shower was covered in mould. I asked for it to be cleaned. Cleaner came in to clean it but there efforts were very poor. Coffee machine was delivered to the room as requested. While using this machine cockroaches came running out. I expected more from this hotel. Yes this hotel is old but there is no excuse for the hygiene and the cleanliness.

I liked that the hotel was historic.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Great hotel in the heart of Hollywood
    • Superior Queen Room

Restaurants at the hotel very expensive but there’s loads of other choice just outside the door so no problem

Great location, really friendly and helpful staff. We got a free room upgrade.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Highly recommend
    • Cabana Room

The hotel was a little old and could be re modernised a bit

Location is amazing and the service was absolutely perfect- i went with my mum for a shopping trip and we were so happy to be close to shopping

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Nice hotel
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Only complaint was the really rude valet attendant at 5:15 am. Other than that, perfect.

Great hotel. Very nice decor and nice staff. Room was small but nice with clean bathroom and really comfy bed.

There was so much to do just on the hotel property.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The beds were uncomfortable. I woke up all 3 mornings with a stiff back. Also, I don’t enjoy the smell of marijuana by the pool when I’m trying to relax. The staff didn’t seem to mind it either. Literally everyone was smoking.

There was so much to do just on the hotel property. Very exciting. The food was amazing.

The bed was nice & the building itself was beautiful to...
    • Superior Queen Room

There was a burger left in my fridge, & the tv’s chrome cast was taken out so couldn’t stream movies, they did make it up with champagne though. Also, the drinks & food are way overpriced.

The bed was nice & the building itself was beautiful to photograph.

Great place to celebrate our 30th anniversary.
    • Superior King Room

First day the pool was busy with a wedding party, but it was great on the next day.

We enjoyed the history, had hoped to see more actually, but the hall of history is gone. The staff at the pool were very nice and accommodating, and they even charged up our car for us.

Great location, many places walking distance, lovely staff!
    • Cabana Room

Our room was lovely but in the evening the noise was very loud and found it difficult to sleep with the pool bar and music until late. A different room would have been better! Also the food at hotel was super over priced for what the food was. Also waiting for our from valet in day and evening did take quite a while everytime!

Great location, many places walking distance, lovely staff!

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Over priced run down property
    • Superior Queen Room

Front desk staff is not friendly! The hotel is run down and no space, it smelled like strong smoke I complained to from desk and the4 girl laughed about it! I did not find it funny

Liked the location

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

We had an excellent stay at the Hollywood Roosevelt. Great location in the heart of Hollywood!
    • Superior King Room

This is a boutique hotel so the room that we stayed in was pretty small but it did suit our needs for a 3 night stay (we were staying in the cheapest room which did have a substantial discount on booking.com).

The hotel is boutique and has a really nice feel to it. It obviously has a lot of history and was nice to stay in a hotel that is a bit different to most hotels. The hotel is nice and clean and the staff were helpful. It was a great location with access to Hollywood Boulevard and some of the main attractions. It is only a short walk to the nearest Metro station and 1 stop from the Universal Studios Metro station. The quality of the room service was very good.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Very enjoyable stay!
    • Superior Queen Room

No coffee maker in the room, but the lobby had it in the mornings, so it wasn't a big deal. Also no shower cap with the amenities in the bathroom. Very minor things, but overall a great hotel.

The Roosevelt was located right in the centre of Hollywood Boulevard, and everything you could want was within easy walking distance. It is a beautiful old building, done very tastefully. Plenty of choice for restaurants around, as well as tourist attractions. Our room faced the back of the property, with a view of the pool and carpark and the backstreets. The room was not large, but was very clean and comfortable. The tea and coffee in the lobby in the morning was very welcome. Another bonus was that the Lux Bus picks up from the hotel. Enjoyed our stay at the Hollywood Roosevelt and would stay again.

If you wana live Holywood for a day stay there.
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

IT IS NOT FOR FAMILIES - super small rooms and If you have kids ; don't go there.. at night the place is a party town and what comes with it!

The location is in the heart of the Holywood Boulevard ; so if your target is that street and nightlife; go for it!

Classic glamour with contemporary chic
    • Superior Queen Room

I, personally don't like Hollywood and the area but it's very central for many. There was some chlorine smell in the corridors because of the pool.

The hotel definitely meets the definition of combining classic glamour with contemporary chic. The building has a great feel-good vibe from the pool parties to the rooms. The rooms are nice, the beds are super comfy. I was greeted very nicely and also upgraded so that's a plus.

Location was amazing, facilities such as restaurants pool...
    • Superior Queen Room

The room was quite small but big enough just for a couple of nights. Parking is expensive.

Location was amazing, facilities such as restaurants pool and gym were great and staff were very friendly and helpful.

Beautiful hotel but a lack of service
    • Superior Queen Room

Found that staff was not attentive to guests. Bell boys did not offer any assistance with bags or opening doors. We found that the bars ran out of ingredients on a number of occasions so were unable to make all cocktails. Most importantly the air-conditioners in the room was so noisy it will wake you up throughout the night. Over 4 nights we did not get a lot of sleep.

The hotel looks beautiful. The grand architecture makes you feel like you've stepped back in time. The Playroom on the second level is a must see.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

1 million $ for the extra
    • Cabana Room

Be prepared to pay the 80 $taxes, plus extra 45$ for parking, 15$ for wifi, 6-10$ for 1 bottle of water than other hotels in the world give as complimentary and I was surprise they didn't charged me the extra for the oxygen I breath the whole night in their room...

It was confortable and good location... But the price is a lie... Only for this it even doesn't deserve 9 review...

The hotel met all our requirements. Facilities are excellent for a short stay.
    • Superior King Room

Lifts are frustratingly slow and air conditioner in our room was very noisy.

Excellent location. Comfortable room. We unfortunately did not make use of pool and fitness centre (time contrains). Pool area seemed to be very popular.

Nice Hotel near to all amenities and a walk away from all the tourist locations
    • Superior Queen Room

The 25 Bar is a bit too pricey and the Public Kitchen Restaurant is similarly priced. Both have a very good setting though. The wine prices at the Public Kitchen are on the high side as well with most over 35USD.

The location was perfect to explore Holywood, and Sunset Boulevard. The pool is a large pool with many on-goings daily but somewhat crowded on the weekends.

Not what you would expect *Please Read*

I guess to sum up the Hollywood Roosevelt would be that it's hanging on to it's historic and classic theme by a thread. The hotel is clean and has an amazing interior most fitting for a lot of classy hotel guests. Nevertheless, do not take any children to this hotel, there was often pool parties, which was good for someone young and the smell of weed/pot around the poolside the following day was horrendous and was no place for any child. I am surprised the leniency with the drugs, I have never smelt that around a hotel pool in my life and would not expect it from such a prodigious hotel . This can be followed by the fact that to even get a sun lounger you have to be lucky, with over 300 guests usually staying at the hotel (due to it's popularity) and only around 40 sun loungers, you can see why some guests were getting turned away and annoyed. It seemed the young management wanted a certain look around the pool and would prioritise a good looking couple over a family if a lounger was going spare and would reserve a lounger for certain people if their tab was big enough. We were unfortunate enough to come under their 30 minute rule after going for lunch (in the hotel) to discover our stuff had been taken from the sun lounger and locked away. This rule (even though harsh) would be fair enough, but the manager had clearly done it out of spite due to me asking her the rules prior and therefore proceeded to remove my stuff when I left but left my mothers alone on the sun lounger next to mine. I guess even though the place is clean and looks grand from the inside interior I also would not expect anything amazing from the rooms, which are pretty basic. We booked the Superior Queen Room and Superior Double Room and both were quite dull, with minimal lighting and had all basic equipment.

Historic, fantastic rooms but food and drink way too pricey.
    • Cabana Room

Drinks are very expensive and I mean very!! 2 small beers 24 dollars. Food was also very expensive but absolutely lovely. Its a pity about the drinks as we went out of hotel to have a drink most of the time. Also parties go on to 2am every night. But an absolutely beautiful hotel

The history of the hotel was why I was there. I got a lovely cabana room with balcony. And possibly had the nicest burger I ever had at 25 degrees restaurant in the hotel.

not worth the money
    • Superior King Room

1) the whole hotel is very dark, not safe for the young n old people 2) no handle or bars in shower/bath tub area for any age 3) the guy Andrea night manager ws very impatient n rude 4) the neighborhood ws too touristy 5) the pool area ws like a meat market 6) parking too expensive

1) the door men at the reception were quite helpful 2) closed to our meeting

Dreadful
    • Cabana Room

We reserved a Cabana Room and fully paid the same prior to our stay. Upon arrival the front desk tried to persuade us into changing our room to the other side of the hotel. After refusing to change we were given a Cabana room with a slight warning that there will be a "party ambiance". Well, we were given the worse hotel room in the hotel, which was dusty, and not only had the pool party noise as it was on the side of the bar - IMO, due to its location, by law, it shouldn't even be a hotel room. So, party noise until 2am and then ice, dishes and glasses loud noise after 7am – in other words, the worse hotel night in our life. After the first night we asked for our room to be changed, so they changed us to another cabana room which was quiet but in dying need of maintenance (lights didn't work, drain was clogged, outside was dirty and so on...). Bonus: went to have dinner at the restaurant and my salad had a bug on the avocado (a 17$ + tax salad). To top it all off, after explaining all this to the front desk, there was no formal apology and after being told there were no extra charges to the room, today I check my credit card statement only to realize that after all this I was charged a 6$ fee for a bottle of water (yes, the bottles of water cost 6$-10$). In conclusion, the hotel is really not worth the price and during our 3-week trip in California it was by far the worst experience we had.

The Hotel is in a great location to explore Hollywood

Our room was spacious and quiet.
    • Deluxe Double Room

No wi-fi in the room. Parking was so expensive it was about 50$. There was no coffee machine and everything was so expensive in the room including water. Our room was quiet but the window was frosted glass, so it was a little bit dark inside. Bathroom was not so clean.

Our room was spacious and quiet. Bed was comfortable. Location is very good.

Great location, great staff. Would definitely go there again!
    • Superior Queen Room

The only thing I would recommend is some more wait staff at the pool. There were times we had to go up to the bar as there were not enough wait staff to keep up with the crowd.

Front desk staff were great and very accommodating!

Lovely Hollywood place, but too noisy
    • Cabana Room

Very very noisy, we could not sleep the first night because our room was not far from the pool where a pool party was taking place, and it was also facing the kitchen bar, making noise until 4pm, and then someone decided to vacuum until 5pm. We changed rooms, it was better but some guests throw a party in the room next to us the 3rd night, and cleaning ladies where having long conversations very loud in the corridor in the middle of the night. Bathrobes in the bathroom were not clean (I found a lighter in the pocket).

Cabanes around the pull are charming and well decorated, very 70's. Rooms are spacious, with a little patio. The hotel is well located in Hollywood, very convenient to visit the city. The pool area is really cool.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

• Cabana Room

My room had to be the worst in the building. I asked for cabana room and got it but it was so terribly loud and had no internet. They should retire this room if the noise from the bar can’t be lowered. It’s the clashing of bottles not the music that is the issue. The hallway also smells.

Good nights sleep, but a little overpriced.

Prices are ridiculous and the whole place has a vibe which isn’t really our cup of tea. I think maybe that’s just L.A. as we found most people we encountered fairly humourless and cold. The pool area was too full of the ‘beautiful’ people for us to feel comfortable using it.

The Hotel is well situated for what we wanted and the beds are very comfortable. The staff were really helpful, booking tickets for Universal for us.

Not more than ok
    • Cabana Room

A bottle of water from the fridge in the room is 10$, no complimentary WiFi (it can be bought for 15$ per day!!!!) We found cheaper to pay our carriers than spending so much for a 24h internet connection. No slippers in the room, if you want to use those provided in the wardrobe you’ll have to pay 12$. All of this is crazy for a hotel of this Kind and after spending 250$ per night just for a bed and a well sized room with a television.

The room was spacious and super clean. We got an upgrade at our arrival

Good starting point to move around in the city
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very busy location. Not a great place to relax. Overnight parking very expensive No free internet which this days is almost as having to pay to have running water in your bathroom.

Good starting point to move around in the city

Wonderful staff, Great service in all departments. Smaller rooms
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms and bathrooms are small, and the bed frames too big. We all ended up with bruises from the oversized bed frame, that sticks out on knee height. Also, in a room with double beds, I would expect 4 towels - but housekeeping did quickly fix that. Towels were not as soft as expected (perhaps better laundry detergent would fix that?), pool area would run out of towels, around 4-5pm daily.

The staff was absolutely wonderful, housekeeping was very attentive and kind. The valet parking staff was quick and friendly. The pool area was beautiful. Nice quality sheets, comfortable beds

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Super location

Small space

Perfect location, beautiful lobby, great staff, nice pool area. Standard double room was very small and tight for fam of 4. Very little space for luggage and beds are small. Air conditioning was awesome. Overall good experience and would recommend for 2 people, for more people get a larger room or suite.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

The room and the view from the room were fantastic.
    • Superior Queen Room

The room and the view from the room were fantastic. The staff were friendly & helpful. The location was great and very convenient...right in the centre of downtown.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Great location right on Hollywood Boulevard.
    • Cabana Room

No breakfast included in room rate. No tea & coffee making facilities in the room.

Great location right on Hollywood Boulevard. Staff were all amazing. So friendly & helpful. The pool was great for chilling & cooling off. The room was spacious and clean.

History and Hospitality

Leaving after 4 days

Fabulous hotel and a wonderful history - you can still feel the back story here. The pool was fabulous - it’s screamed LA but not the preened LA of Beverly Hill - real life and hip! The staff were exceptional. This is the place to stay in LA. I’ll definitely be back. A big thank you to the staff who gave us a room looking over Hollywood to the sign as I’d hoped they could provide !

Historic Hollywood hotel with a firm party agenda
    • Cabana Room

Be warned that the pool area, while lovely, is actually a night club in disguise. A DJ will be pumping out high volume tunes from around 10am until 2am every day. The poolside cabana rooms are not soundproof, so if you value sleep above partying, then those rooms are not for you.

An historic old Hollywood hotel, which is well maintained. It could not be more convenient for the "delights" of Hollywood being directly opposite the Chinese Theater on Hollywood Boulevard. The staff are friendly and helpful, although you get a strong sense that they are just tolerating their jobs until their acting/producing/directing career takes off. Comfortable and spacious rooms. The 24 hour bar is very handy and serves good comfort food. Striking, if somewhat musty, foyer.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Great location and very nice hotel
    • Superior King Room

An iron would have been useful but that's all that was missing. Evian water was in the room but $5 a small bottle - outrageous. Parking was also expensive at $55 per night but it's supply and demand!

We booked this hotel last minute as we ended up in LA one day earlier than planned. It was great. Right on Hollywood Walk of Fame. We had rooms overlooking the pool so noise wasn't an issue. Rooms were modern, clean and comfortable. Pool was great after a day sightseeing.

We loved our stay; great location, ambience and really friendly staff!
    • Superior Queen Room

The security around the entrance/elevators could have been better as any random crazies from the street could wander in, unlike our other hotels we stayed at which required room keys to access elevators etc.

when we booked the hotel we were unaware of how small the room would be however we were offered an upgrade for a small fee and the next size room exceeded our expectations and we loved our stay!

Roosevelt!!
    • Cabana Poolside with Private Patio

Only two elevators in the hotel(one of them was out of service most of the time) so sometimes there was a really long wait to go up or down. Disappointed with wifi cost of $14.99 per day. For the price of a room per night it should be complimentary.

Perfect location. Room very spacious with comfy beds.

Pleasant and convenient.

Expensive parking

Convenient location, quiet room small but nice and clean, ( protected from the noise traffic in the hallway by a thick barn sliding door. Perfect for a 3 days stay. Pool large enough to make our daughter happy, little crowded for my taste but patrons weren't too loud. Service at the pool garden restaurant was efficient. Overall good.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Classic Hollywood - A super fun place to stay
    • Cabana Room

Somebody puked in the hallway and although the staff did clean it - the smell lingered. It's an old building - which i find cool but others may not.

The pool area is awesome. My partner and I are in our 40s and we assumed we might feel out-of-place here with the party in the pool. It was a really laid back scene that was fun to watch and had great music. I would recommend getting a room with a pool view. It's just fun to hang out there on your patio and smoke weed. Can't beat this location in Hollywood. Classic Hollywood. Three great bars. Friendly, helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Canceled our reservations there, ended our stay there early
    • Deluxe Double Room

Did not care for all the partying done around the pool, foyer and bars, even when coming back at midnight. Some women's attire not discrete in pool area. Ended out stay there early.

The staff was welcoming and extremely courteous and helpful. The bed was soft and comfortable. Security around the pool.

Amazing experience
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

This hotel is amazing. This is due to the lovely staff who cannot do enough to help/accommodate. Beautiful room, unbeatable location. The hotel is an experience on its own outwith the location. We will definitely be back.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

We stayed in a king studio, it was amazing and really...
    • King Studio

We stayed in a king studio, it was amazing and really spacious. Location was awesome, step out the door and we were in the action of Hollywood Blvd. Our room had a view of the Hollywood sign and Hollywood Blvd.

Short Hollywood break
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff by the pool were inconsistent unfortunately - very nice but you had to wait for your drinks or food and were never sure you’d get what you asked for!

Great pool and relaxed vibe. Restaurant food was really good!

The hotel itself is great and has heaps of charm and...
    • King Studio

This hotel would have to have the slowest check in the the world. Majority of the staff are a pack of wanna b’s and if your not an a list celeb then there is no real importance. There’s nothing wrong with working on a front desk but remember Roosevelt front desk team “you are not celebrities, you just work in the hotel”.

The hotel itself is great and has heaps of charm and character. If you just want to see Hollywood for a day or 2 then this hotel is great if you are staying longer then maybe look elsewhere.

Great for a first stay in L.A with my 13 year old son
    • Superior King Room

Only pain was the elevator. There are only 2 in a 13 story building, so that can take a bit if it is really busy. My only warning is the pool. It is great in the morning and gets more wild as the day progresses. They kick everyone out at 7 then hotel guests can swim again around 8pm. This didn't bother us, but the smell of pot is all around the pool coming from the cabanas. If that bothers you, you may have an issue. Mini bar is the most expensive I've seen so go to the convenience store just next to the hotel.

I took my 13 year old son to LA for the first time, so this was a great choice for all the action. He thought the hotel was fabulous. Rooms are a bit small, but the price was good. Bathroom is a bit tight, so one at a time is best in there. Great bed and pillows. We have no complaints though. We Ubered the first day and then rented a car after that to see the area.

it's ok probably wouldn't go back
    • Superior Queen Room

Customer service is not there strong point, usually had to ask them twice to get something done. I've also been waiting on a reply from an email that I've sent on numerous occasions.

The hotel's facilities were lovely. The pool area is great but gets busy over the weekend with pool parties. Wouldn't recommend if you wanted a place to just chill out over the weekend as it does be very loud.

That the 70's classic horror film "the entity"...
    • Superior Queen Room

The lack of complimentary dildos and lube

That the 70's classic horror film "the entity" was actually based on a true story that took place at this very hotel. I really desire to be violated by a poltergeist.

Good but can do better...not a 4 stars for some aspects
    • Cabana Room

The bathroom is small for a 4 stars. We would like to relax in the pool but 2 days of 3 there where very noisy pool party. Due to this party the bar service was not good as they did mistakes on orders.

Very nice hotel, well located, clean.

Historic Hotel
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bathroom is very small with little room for personal toiletries. Also bathroom floor needed better sweeping. The refrigerator is fully stocked leaving little space for personal items.

The closet and mirrors fabulous. The bed and pillows very comfortable. The location is wonderful especially if interested in staying at a historic location.

Terrible staff from the pool to management
    • Superior King Room

I have stayed in top hotels all over the world and the staff here are some of the worst. Don’t even try going to the pool and requesting seating, they told us that we were first to receive loungers and then gave them away to people who paid them back handers. Even the general manager of the hotel apologised and offered to pay some of our costs, however upon returning from holiday we could see they charged our card. I’ll never stay in this hotel again and will actually tell people to avoid.

Rooms have a walk in wardrobe and bedroom decor is above standard

A cool and vibrant hotel with a lot of history in the heart of Hollywood.
    • Superior King Room

The parking charge is overpriced but so is everything in L.A. and I knew before arriving.

Good location on Hollywood Boulevard, really cool hotel, friendly and helpful staff.

Amazing location right on Hollywood Walk of Fame.
    • Superior Queen Room

No free wifi had to pay nearly 40 USD for 3 nights. Receptionist wasn’t very welcoming seem like she hated her job. Wasn’t informed about wifi situation.

Amazing location right on Hollywood Walk of Fame. Great room with comfy bed, very modern bathroom. Bellhop very helpful with assistance with luggage and transport. Was allowed to have a later checkout by calling reception. Instead of 12pm was allowed to check out at 1pm.

Wonderful hotel, would highly recommend.
    • Superior King Room

Good central location. Very high quality and standard. We were staying for our anniversary and my birthday and were upgraded to a poolside cabana and welcomed to our room with fizz and chocolates. FANTASTIC HOTEL!!!

Fantastic hotel- you won’t be disappointed.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Only parking option is Valet. A bit pricey at $45 a night. However they were prompt at retrieving the car whenever we needed it.

Great location with fantastic atmosphere. You are right in the heart of Hollywood. Great for families or a romantic getaway. I would definitely stay there again.

Lovely hotel, polite staff but this historic hotel has historic and is out of date re smoking
    • Superior King Room

The Roosevelt is not a smoke free property. They allow smoking at poolside and worse, someone smoked in the room beside us so for four nights we were awakened by smoke coming through the ventilation system. We called three nights in a row, complained at front desk and nothing was done. They are not interested in enforcing the smoking ban

Classic, pretty hotel

Very central location, directly across the road from the...

We went into the cocktail bar in the lobby one evening. There were about a half dozen other people there, and two staff behind the bar having a proper old natter, one of them wearing some foppish 1920's golf hat. So we sat down at a free table. 5 minutes later, the two staff were still having a good chat, and not minding too much whether anyone was having a drink or even clearing away glasses and cheques from tables. Thoroughly disgusted, we headed off next door to get a drink and leave them to catch up, as they must have had better things to do than do their job.

Very central location, directly across the road from the Oscars venue, and near to all the Hollywood shops.

Awesome, modern and classic hotel fused together
    • Superior King Room

More signage especially for customer who get in from the 25 degrees restaurant, there weren't enough sign to show where the lobby is.

It's a classic hotel with modern twist and I think the interior designer truly did their job, everything fell perfectly here. In the room you can feel the mixture of old and modern fused together and I think they they did a very good job. Every spot on the hotel you can feel the glamour feel of Hollywood in the old days and how it will continue moving forward. The room is just awesome, complete of everything. The hotel truly encapsulated the old and the modern, just awesome atmosphere!

Dont expect a bed by the pool.
    • Superior King Room

Dont expect a bed by the pool. And on the weekend if youre on the waiting list expect to be bumped by some locals. Whole process of trying to get a pool bed is stressful. Get up early to see if you can grab the ones without reserved signs.

Bad

Rooms are old, small and our shower had no glass to block water on floor also no top sheet on bed. No room to dress and no full mirror to see yourself. Please ignore good ratings and avoid.

Nothing much bar area and staff were pleasant.

Really cool hotel, right on the Walk of Fame.
    • Superior King Room

Really cool hotel, right on the Walk of Fame. Beautifully decorated interiors, we had a four poster bed, really comfortable! Great pool side vibes (music, drinks & some partying) was quite busy but we managed to get a bed after a short while!

The bed is realy confy.
    • Superior King Room

A little noisy. The parking realy expensive. No breakfast included in the room price. Too much money for what they offer.

The bed is realy confy. The room is clean. The breakfast good

Great location!
    • Cabana Room

I only had one major concern - The lighting in the room was horrible. Couldn’t even put make up on. We stayed in a cabana room. Very noisy in the halls in the morning. Assuming it was housekeeping.

Great location! Loved the pool and pool bar. Beautiful old hotel kept up very nicely. We enjoyed our visit.

Slightly faded grandeur - lends it a certain character.
    • Cabana Room

Little bit too tired in places - loose wall electrical sockets - paint a bit scruffy in room. Toilet waste pipe blocked, but cleared quickly when reported. Wasn't prepared for the noise from Hollywood Blvd - windows only partially double-glazed, so not very quiet in room.

Slightly faded grandeur - lends it a certain character. Room was large and stylish. Bed was comfy.

Perfect for party crowd, young couples, better places for families
    • Superior King Room

This is not a family friendly hotel - even if kids are 19 or 20 - you cannot have breakfast by pool brunch starts at 10am, you have to have breakfast at 25 degrees the burger place on side of lobby - you can’t have a drink by pool in the evening if you have a teen younger than 18 in the family making sundowners difficult - despite booking months in advance we could not have rooms on same floor and reception /service was a little robotic and we found we constantly had to ask questions because no information was given - overall show over substance in my opinion. I prefer past stays with a Sofitel or Kempton where you can enjoy eating, lounging outside with the family and where you feel they care a bit more about you even if you are not a celeb.

The hotel is iconic with beautiful lobby, rooms are smallish but very comfortable and the location is perfect to discover LA. Swimming pool is gorgeous.

A noisy hotel. Don’t expect a good sleep there!!!
    • Deluxe Double Room

The music at the lobby area was played until 1:30am. It happened for two nights. It was so loud that all of us couldn’t sleep until 1:30am even we were staying at the high floor but the next morning we have to wake up at 6:30am to attend a conference. We paid for so much for the room but it couldn’t provide us a silent night. It definitely not worth the money. I just want a silent room to sleep. How come this hotel didn’t consider that the music until 1:30am will affect the guests? No common sense at all in hospitality management!

The location is wonderful.
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The location is wonderful. However, the room didn't fit into the high-quality levels. The building was old, and the room could not get fresh air. Besides, my room key got deactivated twice due to no reason. In conclusion, its high price is mainly based on its great location. If you don't have a deep interest in the walk of fame or Hollywood, you really shouldn't choose this one.

Great location but certainly not value for money.
    • Cabana Poolside with Private Patio

The hotel was extremely tired and in need of renovation. Cleaners would enter room even though do not disturb sign was on door. Bath mats and glasses were removed during cleaning and not replaced for days.

Great if you want to have fun, but don't expect to get any work done because you literally can't.
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The Wi-Fi and lighting in the room are very bad. The design of the room's lighting makes it very dim at night. Wi-Fi is not provided be default - there is no free Wi-Fi - but they do provide "complimentary" Wi-Fi when you check it. However, the "complimentary" Wi-Fi is extremely slow, I couldn't launch my email smoothly and even when it did, I couldn't load the contents and attachments included in the email.

The service and comfort were extremely good. The staff are very friendly and helpful, and makes you feel just like you are at home. I would recommend this to guests who want to stay at a comfortable or luxurious hotel right in the middle of Hollywood.

Comfortable, clean and cool hotel but too noisy for me.
    • Superior Queen Room

The air conditioning units are extremely loud. I switched my room once but it’s didn’t make a huge difference. Also, if your room faces the Hollywood strip expect a lot of traffic and other noise, which makes sleeping hard and will wake you up early. Come prepared with earplugs if you want to sleep well!

Great location, fun pool and very comfy beds.

Browse The Hollywood Roosevelt traveller photo gallery