Reviews of Hampton Inn East Windsor 2 stars

384 Monmouth Street, East Windsor, NJ 08520, USA

#1 of 4 hotels in East Windsor

See HVAC unit above.

We were able to check in an hour before check-in time. Room was clean and quiet. HVAC unit was a noisy but we turned it off. In summer or winter this could be a problem. Breakfast was very good.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Parking seemed a little mixed up in accordance with the rooms. The road comes right up on you, need better sign to entry way.

Very easy to find. The outside was very clean.

• Queen Room Mobility Accessible Tub - Non-Smoking

Weird sliding door to bath that doubles as a closet door.no real privacy when using the toilet. Right next to turnpike, could hear rumbles and vibration when loud trucks go by. The heating system fan mostly covered the noise, but not 100%. If you are a light sleeper ask for a room away from the highway.

Comfy bed, clean room, good hot breakfast choices, heat worked well, modern style decor.Very clean and modern bathroom. Modern fixtures throughout. NO mouldy smell like the last place we stayed.We did not have time to use the indoor pool but it looked nice.generally a very pleasant room.nice front desk staff.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

All the heated things for breakfast were cold, kids unsupervised picking up breakfast stuff and putting it back, there was a sick little girl and she was one of them. There were lots of kids all over the place in the pool till late, running up and down the halls and singing till after 1130 pm and someone banged into our door at 12 midnight or so woke us up with a start and heard laughing in the hall at the same time. noisy, did not sleep much I love the motel but no semblance of parental control and no quiet time for people like us that just wanted quiet and to sleep

again great shower. room was great . Coffee was good. We like this motel this is a repeat visit.

See above

We hated the pillows in a king bed with 4 little pillows the shower was awesome as were the toiletries breakfast left something to be desired not a lot of choices the juice was watered down the fruit had cores left in the pineapple but all in all we loved the place

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I had no problems with this facility.

The hotel was very clean and the staff was extremely pleasant. I traveled with my 11 year old for a basketball tournament. We were very comfortable.

• Queen Room - Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

Distance is to much from the property to any place

It is out of city very very difficult to travel to any market or food market if not having own vehicle.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I had several problems booking with booking.com the last 3 times along with the hotel at check in and I work in hospitality for a living...when I called to get an early check in, I was told 1 pm would be earliest but can't guarantee (understandable). I confirmed it would be a King sized bed non smoking (perfect). When we finally got our room around 8/9pm she didn't mention to me at the desk our room was a TDBN and I had to find out when we got to the room. I would have drove back home to Long Island if I wanted and sleep in a smaller bed than a KING, which is part of why we decided to get away for a night. I called and the lady at the Front desk told me the hotel was sold out..So what's the point of me calling to ask and have my room confirmed earlier in the day? This could've been handled a lot better esp if I choose to refer ppl to the property and use booking.com.. I may not have given my Hilton honors member Number but every guest should be accommodated and had their request met esp if the call earlier in the day.

The breakfast was okay.

• Queen Room Mobility Accessible Tub - Non-Smoking

My room was right by the overpass and the cars/ trucks driving over it all night kept me up. Also the bed was stiffer than I'm used to.

I liked how convenient the location was for what I was there for. My friends and I had a lot of fun and the staff was super cool.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was amazing, the staff nice and welcoming, the room was always the right tempt and lastly, there was a pool and it was nice to go swimming after a long day.

• Queen Room Mobility Accessible Tub - Non-Smoking

Very welcoming staff; they answered all questions and were super friendly! Room was very clean & bigger then I had expected! I also loved having a couch in the room!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Besides interstate underpass. Windows rattle whenever a semi goes by on I95. Could not sleep on day 1. Changed to another room which was better but not much.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I had one request. To have water and ice in the room. I was sure to arrive close to my check in time. I was disappointed. It wasn't a large request for the amount we paid and I certainly would have paid for the service. But it was neglected.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Cleaning of the first room

Overall the place was wonderful. However when we first checked into the room my daughter kept saying it smelled. Looking around I found a closet full of dirty clothes. Called down to the front desk and they changed our room. Should never had happened in the first place

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I'm not a firm mattress kinda girl, so the mattress was very uncomfortable for me. And the AC unit smelled like the filter was long past needing to be changed because everytime it came on, the room got a musty smell, but the smell disappeared when it turned off.

The hotel was very clean, both inside and outside. Staff were friendly and helpful. The bathrooms in the room were as clean as mine... and as an OCDer, that's saying plenty! The sheets and bed were clean and inviting. Everything was well dusted and maintained. And I can't forget the AWESOME complimentary breakfast bar... every breakfast food you can think of, they had it. And I'm not talking about bread and pastry, the breakfast bar had hot foods, cereals, yogurt with an array of toppings, pastries, breads, fruit, fresh WAFFLES, coffee, tea... THE WORKS!!! And did I mention it was complimentary?!

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

That we had to leave (LOL)

The trip was amazing, couldn't have asked for more than a few more nights(lol). Felt like home away from home, definitely will be returning soon

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Be aware I stayed in room 233 this is right next to the by bass behind the hotel. It's extremely noisy with trucks passing over head. Building work was also being done and they started at 7.30 in the rooms just underneath Me! So check before booking.

Clean smart rooms. Great staff. Good breakfast selection. Free WiFi for Hilton Honours. Swimming pool is small but clean, but no lifeguards on so you can't let your kids in under 16.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

The first night we had very loud people above us. When I called the desk the attendant said "it's a hotel - I can't tell people what time to go to bed". The desk person the next day was lovely though.

Bed was very comfortable!

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

One elevator for guests and employees w/cleaning carts to share. Two would have been better. A hot tub in the pool area would have been awesome.

Beds are very comfortable. Rooms are spacious and clean. Coffee, tea, hot cocoa available 24/7. Pool open until 10 PM. Hotel itself was very well kept.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

i was told that my request to have a microwave in the room was not indicated in the comments section of my booking but i specifically requested this as i need to sterilize my baby's bottles. there is a gap in communication between booking.com and the hotel.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Ac didn't work. Needed a roll away bed that blocked access to the door in the event of an accident or fire no one could get in or out. We booked for 5 they should have known

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Only stayed one night, nothing to complain about.

Very comfortable room and beds. Great breakfast. Good price for budget minded travelers, nice facility for price. 24 hour coffee nice plus. Pool seemed pretty clean.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I could not sleep because it was built cheaply and heard every foot step made upstairs. Must have been bigfoot. Sounded like they were coming through the ceiling.

They did not offer room service and not even a telephone book in your room for delivery. You go to the front desk and they hand you a piece of paper. Room was cozy bed was nice. Bathroom door had chips in it like it was a Motel 6.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

the placement isnt the most interesting, for any sort of fun you need to take a drive... it was only 25 mins to Six flags

best hotel breakfast we had for the entire vacation, great beds, and just a nice clean and crisp hotel

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The only thing we didn't like was part of the breakfast. I believe, but I'm not sure, that the eggs are baked, therefore they look "fake" according to the kids. You're used to good scramble eggs and you get cut up cube pieces with other pieces. It also needed some flavor in it. The potatoes and ham were very good. Ham was a little dry, but good and potatoes were rich in flavor. My nieces wished they had bacon and sausage option. Waffles were good. Orange juice was good. The orange was sour. My nieces couldn't eat it. Other than those minor things that can be fixed everything else was great!!

Everything was clean and the staff was very friendly. The beds were great! We were able to get our room early. It was nice to drop off our belongings and head to six flags.we didn'thaveto deal with the carrying after the park. The hotel was great and it's close to a lot of things. We will be back everytime we hit six flags since we have Season passes.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Location and cleanliness were the top 2 features about this property. Beds were also comfortable.

• Queen Room Mobility Accessible Tub - Non-Smoking

Great breakfast and pool area

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The person who checked us in was rude and snarky

Location is good

• Queen Room - Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

we looked onto parking lot, cars arriving in evening, lights shone in our room but then again I didn't realize roman shade could be lowered

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Having to wake up early. I wanted to sleep in lol.

Staff was friendly and helpful to any needs.

The staff were amazing

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The location was perfect since we wanted to go straight to the roads into the city.

Location to Jersey Trnpk

Clean rooms

Everything was great

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Loud neighbors late night and no staff response.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing to say, all expectations met.

Nice location to stay at; halfway point between Philly and NYC off Jersey Turnpike.

Pool closes at 10:00.

Breakfast was delicious and staff was very friendly.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Better prices. Better attention.

Same hotel we have always free breakfast. We paid lots money. No breakfast.

Pool's water

Clean facility

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was nothing not to like

The gym, Indoor pool, Breakfast, Rooms.....EVERYTHING was great...my family really enjoyed themselves immensely.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Newly renovated , clean, nice breakfast,

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The pillows were very flat when you laid on them

My kids really liked the continental breakfast

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Exellent

That we had to leave

Very friendly and helpful Great breakfast

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We had to travel through back roads to get to the hotel.

Staff was extremely accommodating and friendly.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Convenient location; friendly staff; clean; great restaurant nearby (Legends).

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast could have been better, it was okay.

Cleanliness

none

1-kind hospitality 2-professional and super helpful front desk employee 3-most clean and calm rooms 4-perfect house keeping

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

It had a sofa in the room and an exceptionally comfortable bed. The staff allowed us to checkout at wpm with no additional charge.

Eggs were not tasty

Plentiful

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The fire alarm and no one to wake us or warning if it was gonna be a drill we hours in the am

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This was one of the best hotels I have stayed in a while. Nice modern feel rooms, very clean

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was Incredibly loud by the highway, the staff was rude, and the neighborhood felt really unsafe

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very clean and most importantly lots of bathroom counter space

No complaints

Everyrhing was pleasingly thank you.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Kids loved the pool! Great location too!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

How I overheard an employee talking to another employee. Elderly at that. Very inappropriate.

Hair on bedsheets.

Price, location, staff

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It said good breakfast included but it was not what I expected.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Complimentary breakfast was amazing. Swimming pool was clean and staff was helpful. Definitely will be staying here again inthe future.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Couldn't fault the place a bit

Beds and pillows where so comfortable and smelled so clean!

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

• Queen Room Mobility Accessible Tub - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was very good. They had plenty every day and the all day coffee station was very nice to have around.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

value money

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

room was dirty 1st night

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was a decent place to stay for the night. Staff was unprofessional but not rude.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room is small and costly small exercise room and crowded pool

Easy to get to and the friendly staff

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

the pool should close at 11h00

breakfast was great! and beds very confortable.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

How clean the room was and how food was at the free breakfast.

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

Eggs!

Typical Hampton Inn quality. Great location! Bed and pillows were awesome! Great nights sleep.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

Good breakfast comfortable bed

N/a

Very helpful and clean

The eggs

The pool

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Signing onto WiFi daily on a 3 night stay.

Breakfast was good and changed daily. Staff was pleasant.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

We are both smokers and no smoking rooms. Every time we wanted a cigarette we had to trot done to first floor we were put on the 3rd floor. The breakfast in the morning was done before the allotted time. When we went down everything was cleared up

The location was good

There are also 67 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.