Reviews of The Hall South Beach 4 stars

1500 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139, USA

#131 of 390 hotels in Miami Beach

• Standard Single Room

The Staff wasn't very friendly, and the cleaning of the bedroom could've been better.

The location off the hotel is great, and the hotle itself is really nice, love the accomodations

• Standard Single Room

Thought the food was expensive for what it was. Shane we hadn’t been told it would be closing for a refurb the week after we left. It did effect our visit.

• Standard Single Room

Small bed, 140x190... and very humid even with the AC on dry mode.

Close to the beach and the main streets in South Beach. Nice pool and outdoors. Nice design in the bedroom.

Room was small. Could expand and update rooms without losing charm.

Love the architecture and courtyards. Beautiful pool. Staff was amazing. Shame it is being torn down. Will be a huge loss.

• Standard Queen Room

Can be noice heard from the street. Some basic maintenance could be done to fix a few broken items - door hangers etc we’re broken. There was no free drinking water or ability to make a coffee in the room. No desk to do work.

Good blackout curtains! Nicely decorated with great products. Great Wi-Fi and lobby area. Staff are lovely.

• Standard Queen Room

The hotel was loud and I was sad there was no free coffee in the morning :( I wish booking.com would tell guests that the "parking" filter means that there is valet parking available that is an extra $42.

The hotel was loud. The wooden staircase was charming, but you could hear every person climbing up and down. The front desk could use an extra person to speed up the morning rush. It was too cold to use the complimentary beach chairs, which I'm sure would have been awesome. The location was great and I liked the decor in the lobby and the bedroom. The rooms have nice TVs.

• Superior King Room with Pool View

The rooms are certainly not luxurious by any means, they are clean with an old fashioned art deco style vibe but hood value for money.

The location to activities, pool and lobby area.

• Standard Single Room

There are a lot of families staying here and the walls are very thin. We got told to be quiet even when we weren't so loud.

AMAZING staff. So kind and understanding.

• Standard King Room

Nothing everything was excellent!

We didn’t like our first room so they moved us to a bigger quiter room. Location is great right by the beginning of the restaurants in South Beach

• Suite with Balcony

Unfortunately the bars let it down. One closed just after lunchtime every day we were there and the service at the evening one was so appalling many people just walked away

The hotel itself is fabulous. Great room, the best location, wonderful big pool and spotless

• Suite with Balcony

The musty smell as soon as you entered the lobby The lack of services available such as limited food service especially at happy hour not to mention that they ran out of bud lite at Happy hour - poor management - the moisture in the rooms was noticeably as everything had a wet feel especially the linens , lack of counter space in the bathroom and finally the lack of Sun at the pool. A small section of the pool recieved sun during the morning and the rest of the day the lounge chairs were in the shade. One of the four rooms we booked was accessible through the stairwell which I assume must have been a storage room and converted to a guest room but still an odd feeling that you had to go into the exit stairwell to enter your room.

The buildings architecture was appealing as it exemplies the surrounding area and it looked promising at first.

• King Room with Pool View - Disability Access

fire alarm went off twice during our stay in the middle of the night, the check in and check out process was painfully slow.

Amazing location, the room had nice decor. Staff was friendly.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room service poor, never enough towels, room frequently not serviced at 3pm, bath cleaness not sufficient

Fantastic position, nice environment, lobby, pool, rear courtyard nice and clean. Beach service good.Very big room

• Standard King Room

Nothing like pictures, the hallway is kind of scary and extremely stinky. The only good thing here was the extremely nice stuff, other than that it was the worst hotel I have ever been. False advertisement!

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I think the carpet in the hallways really needs to be replaced. It was old & dirty, and it really detracts from the "classy" impression the rest of the hotel gives.

The location was excellent - right in the heart of South Beach! The lobby was decorated beautifully for the holidays and the outdoor bar had a DJ, but not for very long.

• Standard Single Room

The service, smell in rooms , breakfast was not good, the rugs threw out the hotel were dirty Fire alarm went off no one came to help us Lucky it was a false alarm but none of us were told

Only the location The rooms where clean but smelled

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Poor price to quality ratio. I expected much more from the description of “boutique” hotel. Rooms are very small, and bathrooms outdated. No view from the window, breakfast for three people will cost you 50 usd :-( a bit too much considering the price of the hotel itself.

Great location! Super nice and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Standard King Room

Some people may find some of the bedrooms noisy as the hotel is on a busy road.

Staff were very friendly and polite. Room was very clean and comfortable. Handy for the beach and towels and loungers were provided. Great coffee machine in the room and loads of hot water. All facilities were first rate.

• Standard King Room

Unfortunately there was a very bad smell in the room of wet and moldy wich was very disturbing to stay in the room and to have a proper rest during the night moreover all our clothes smelled like mold. At the check in the employee didnt charge the amount on my credit card because the black band didnt work and i kindly requested to use the chip or digit the numbers to pay the amount but she told me that their program was enabled to do that. The situation was pretty unconfortable because they didnt want to let me check in. So i had to ask to my friend to pay all amount with her credit card. As traveller i'm used to travel a lot in USA for pleasure but also for work and never happened something like that to me in an hotel. I highly recommend to the Hall South Beach Hotel to take a good care of customer if they want continue to do this job. My best regards,

The location is great because is in the centre of South Beach

• Standard King Room

Despite paying resort fee, which suppose to give you access to “free” WiFi, WiFi wasn’t working for nearly 2 days. Hotel takes $100 deposit per night on your stay, which isn’t problem but takes them up to 14 working days to return it.

Hotel is in very good location with nice swimming pool

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I would have rated this place higher but it was very noisy. Even though I asked for a quiet room, our room was next to a service entrance to the basement. The door was banging open & closed all night long & often workers were speaking loudly in the hallway in the middle of the night.

The pool area is nice.

• Standard King Room

I stayed here this time last year and had a good experience so I returned. I could not get a room in the same area which I requested so was at the end of a long, smelly hallway. This room also had the tiniest bathroom with a microscopic sink. Lastly, it took 1/2 hour each time to get my car from the valet; this for a $40 extra fee? Ridiculous!!

There was no room service

• King Room with Pool View - Disability Access

The food was bad, the pool was covered by trees so no sun. they refused to have a late check out at 2. only the concierge jay was extremely helpful, extremely nice.

• Standard Single Room

The rooms need to be updated and there is a strong smell throughout the floors. Also the car situation could be easier to drop off and pick up.

I liked the staff and bar in the back. Great location.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We chose this hotel because we have a toddler and it was advertised as a kid's friendly hotel with a pool. On Sunday, November 26 we were nicely told that we could not use the pool because of a private, only adult event. VERY DISAPPOINTED! very sad see that none of the kids were allowed to use the pool even though we were charged $20 dollars for using the hotel installations.

Nice hotel building and facilities, very clean, very close to the beach.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

One night I for get my bag on the pool chair. I’m sure i’m the last one leave there. When i back to there... I lost all the money and one credit card.

The room settting, pool, trees.

• Standard Single Room

I stayed in the building at the front, close to the road and the room was not spacious. The room though well maintained looked a little worn-out. May be a little expensive too. The elevator was too slow, may be because it's tad old. There is no complimentary breakfast.

The hotel is close to the South Beach (may be 2 minutes walk, just across the road). It's close to the happening Lincoln Road Mall. The staff was helpful and friendly. There are plenty of pubs/restaurants near by.

• Standard Single Room

There are no showers for you to take a shower before you leave to the airport and the hotel staff they didn’t look that inclined in helping find a solution either. Other than that, everything was very nice.

The beaches are really close on Ocean Drive and Collins Avenue also has tons of restaurants to try. Excellent location

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Very noisy and no elevators. This is a perfect location for a group of friends, maybe I wouldn't come back with my baby.

The staff was great, the building was very nice and the room was big.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms outdated and small in the old building. Ask for the rooms at the back.

Attentiveness of staff. Matthew from front desk was friendly and solved promptly our requests changing our experience that started on a negative tone.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel is a bit dated. They were having issues with their TV signal, but the pool area is nice and they have a lounge bar area that is beautiful

Staff was truly very friendly and helpful. Matthew at the front desk gave us an early checkin after an overnight flight

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nearly every linen or towel has some old stain on it: bedsheet, shower towel, and beach towels that were given on the beach. There’s a moldy smell immediately on entrance to the hotel and in the room too. Housekeeping is superficial: some of our towels were taken but not replaced, wet ones weren’t all replaced with dry ones. The worst was the smelled like air freshener overload; I had trouble breathing with that, and at night I was waking up coughing repeatedly. We wanted to air out but turns out our window gave off on some sort of kitchen vent (frying oil smell?) and trash bins. The air conditioning works on and off but there’s no way to predict which it’ll be. For me, all of these elements basically mean I’m unlikely to return.

Staff was nice, location was very convenient. I didn’t use the bar/restaurant or pool so have no opinion on those.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Was pretty noisy but no doubt that does come with the location in the midst of all the hustle and bustle! Refrigerator was broken and had to ask four times to get it fixed but those are very small inconveniences

Everything was great! Friendly staff that we're happy to help. The hotel put on great entertainment each night that was a lot of fun. Their bar and garden is gorgeous, pool area was lovely and relaxing. But mostly the location was perfect, close to everything!

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It's only five minutes' walk to Lincoln Road so that we can easily find many restaurants and go shopping. The room was clean and nice. There'll be a DJ show at night, which was a little noisy. But they ended it at around 10pm, so it's ok for me.

• Standard King Room

I know you don't go on vacation for the gym but I tried it one day and the equipment was poor, treadmill didn't work and the free weights were too light just not the best facilities when advertising that you have a "gym"

It's a great place to stay, so central to south beach, great staff and cleanliness. Loved you got free sun loungers at the beach too!

• Standard King Room

Through booking I really didn’t see the fee for damage until we got there and the person let us know. I wish I could of known before just for heads up.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The size of the room and the lift too sliw

Our room was very small to be given to three people and two large beds. You could hardly walk around the beds and the room was located outside the fire door in the corridor. The bathroom was too small. This room was good for a double bed for a couple and not for three adults.

• Suite with Balcony

Room was very nice but the bathroom was huge, outdated and had no counter space. None. We had to put our toiletries on top of the seat in the shower. WiFi was unreliable, so we had to use data during our stay. Cable box was unplugged upon arrival and TV feed kept pausing for minutes at a time. No bike racks or safe bike storage, so had to check my bike in and out at front desk every time we arrived or departed. While I appreciate a safe place for my bike, this was extremely inconvenient. All these are minor, but add up. The biggest disappointment was the Concierge - waited at his station for a good three minutes while checking out so we could stash our bags. He was talking to someone in an office behind his desk. He finally stuck his head out and saw me, only to go right back to his conversation. I stood around for another minute just to see how long he'd go on ignoring me. Only after I walked away did he acknowledge me.

The room itself was spacious, clean and comfortable with a large balcony overlooking the pool. Loved the chez lounge and little seating area, and that there was a mini fridge.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

It's an old hotel and our room smelt very musty but I guess that's a consequence of the humidity.

The pool was great however is unsupervised and we were quite alarmed to see some young children using/playing with the disability pool hoist completely unchecked by their supervising adults! The night supervisor was lovely and got me ice and hydrocortisone cream to treat nasty bites I had! The hotel location is great - walking distance to Ocean Drive and the beach.

• Suite with Balcony

Only minor but we tried calling reception and it took 4 attempts to get an answer

Everything it was brilliant. Staff let us check in 4 hours early. Great suite, pool view, great facilities.

• King Room with Pool View - Disability Access

The whole package was perfect, good hotel, nice accomodations, easy as it is in centre and close to shops/restaurants, and....service orientated team, they listen and act when you have questions or wishes

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

We had crazy loud guests on our hallway really early in the morning. You can definitely hear your neighbors who have been partying...but I guess that's SoBe!

The rooms were super cute! The front desk staff was fantastic and really nice pool.

• Standard King Room

It appeared that the outdoor bartender couldn't care less whether I was there or not, but that seemed to be his attitude with most people.

I didn't dine at the restaurant. There weren't that many around the hotel, but Five Guys is great. Front desk staff (Samantha) was most friendly and efficient. Concierge/bellman Rey was very helpful, offering to find me the best way to get to several spots in Miami, assisted with luggage, and asked if I needed anything each time he saw me.

• Standard King Room

Very and I mean VERY dated, stinky hotel where everything seems to be broken. Had to change my room cause the one I got wasn't usable, drama... long corridors that look like cheap hostel without any air conditioning, so once you get to the room you are all sweaty, scary old elevator... in general a big No No even for the price I got...

The only good thing about this hotel is it's location

• Standard Queen Room

Elevator is too slow,parking fee is too exepencive,it cost 40usd per day for valet parking,also pick up the car is too slow ,wifi was poor!

Location,Location,Location

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Had a room on the second floor so I had to walk up the steps with my bags.

The staff was very nice and accommodating. The ambience of the outside bar was amazing. Very cute boutique size hotel.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

A.C. and refrigerator in our room did not work during our stay. The bathroom door didn't close. It was very challenging to open dresser drawers.

The location.

• Standard King Room

I was not impressed with this property. Based on the overall reviews and photos, I was expecting something a bit nicer. The rooms and hallways are very dated and in need of renovation. The photos are accurate, however it seems like they've been retouched or something to make them nicer. Like some other reviews said, the place is quite noisy although to be fair, some of that is probably just the way things are in South Beach. The room we were given was very small and quite noisy, it was actually in the stairwell, not in the hallway as you would normally find a room (see photos) Everytime someone opened a stairwell door it would slam shut and then echo in the stairwell and into our room. I do think this was one of the more reasonably priced properties and maybe that is why it's not as nice as I would have expected. I do not frequent South Beach, however the prices are quite high on everything... so you probably need to spend 2-3 times what you would normally spend for the same level of hotel ($200/night room anywhere else in country would be $400-$600/night in south beach) If you're younger, looking for a good price, mainly looking to party and don't care much about noise and if the place is dated, then this may be the place for you.

The location was great and the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Stay there four night. Two days they didn't clean the room and we have to ask for clean towlels. Very old hotel. Smell terrible. Every thing in the shower fall apart. Time for remodeling....

Great locatoin close to everything.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I didn't like the fact that there were no wash clothes in my room, and that the suites had no elevator access.

I liked the cozy Miami Beach feel and decor of the hotel.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bathroom was a little tired and not as clean as I would have liked. Had to ask for towels when we first arrived as there was only one between four of us and it looked like it had mascara all over it. There was also dust on some of the furniture in the bedroom. The walls must be quite thin as we could hear people next door talking and shouting until very late. The valet parking is an absolute rip off. Save yourself a small fortune and park in the multi storey car park round the corner.

The room was spacious and the beds were big and comfy. It was nice to have a separate sitting area rather than having to sit on beds all the time. The pool was lovely with plenty of sunbeds and fresh towels. Great location for shops, restaurants and South Beach.

• Standard King Room

Door to the room opened out rather than into the room, which was awkward. Also, the damper on the door wasn't working so it would slam shut. Staff made a note and it's probably fixed by now. Pool closes at 7pm, kind of early for summer season.

Location was great! Room was nice. It's an old property so buildings/rooms are not "modern" but the rooms were clean and comfortable. We would stay there again. Breakfast and cocktails were really good. Staff was really nice. Again, location is great!!!

We were not informed until check-in that there would be a $100 per night + per room incident charge that would be held on the credit card; they would not let us check in without placing that hold on the card (it was almost $800!). We heard other people complain that they were not informed about this either. The "fitness center" was a treadmill, an elliptical, a weight machine, and free weights; the treadmill did not work, it would keep stopping and making a screeching noise as you were walking on it. I told 2 different hotel employees, not only was it not fixed but they did not even place an "out of order" sign on it so that no one got hurt trying to use it (one employee said that there had been a sign on it and wasn't sure why it had been removed). We asked for more toilet paper in our room, we had to call the desk back 3 hours later because they never brought it. The service at the beach was awful. They set us up with our chairs but we had to wait over an hour and a half for them to give us towels. The wifi in the rooms was so slow that it was better for us to just use our regular data. Food and drinks at the hotel were really expensive, $5.50 for a small bottle of water.

The hotel was nicer looking than a lot of the other small hotels in the area. The lobby and pool areas were cute, the rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

First night our room was terrible. Probably there was a big washing machine under the room. I couldn't sleep because of the noise and vibration. Although the receptionist saw this terrible condition, they didn't offer any discount. The best thing they do, they give a chance to choose my new room for second day.

The location of the hotel is good. They have place at the beach but you must pay for umbrella.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room was immaculate when we arrived and beds very comfortable. The consierge was especially helpful, attentive and efficient. He also assisted with the valet parking. Brilliant service. Pool towels were a bonus. Service on the beach with towels and beds was great too. The complimentary cocktail is a nice touch and the bar was well thought out with games, happy hour, cocktail and bar menus. Fab atmosphere.

• Standard Queen Room

The bathroom is tiny and the gym was filthy and too small to fit 12 people as the sign states.

It is close to the beach, bars, plenty of restaurants and car rental agencies.

Nothing 100% perfect

Overall the cost. This hotel based on location is the best value for money I had for my 3 week vacation in Florida for 3 nights in the Hall hotel for a family of 4 was the same as 1 night in Fort Lauderdale at a less desirable hotel. Location is excellent and the hotel decor and look made you feel like you were staying in a much more exspensive hotel, we loved are stay in the Hall and would go back there, highly recommend this hotel for your stay in south beach Miami

• Suite with Balcony

Its falling apart tiles in the bathroom were falling out. The room lighting sucked. It is not female friendly as per bathroom mirrors and there was a sink with no counter just an old sink in the wall..I won't be back

• Standard Queen Room

The location, I may as well have bought a tent and slept in the street, constant people walking past making loads of noise all hours of the day. People just came in at any hour and played music you could hear 2 blocks away. The check in cue was ridiculous and took nearly 2 hours to check in. The staff were completely negative with regards to my complaint, it was just like they got my money now get out of our hotel. My phone did not work in the room room so I had to go to reception every time and wait 20 mins for my car to arrive. I had just spent 3 months traveling around the states and this is the first bad review I have ever written. The list goes on and on but it'll take all day.

I'm struggling to see any good points if I'm honest

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No supervision at the pool, some of the staff were not too helpful and didn't try to offer alternative solutions to problems

Location and feel of the place

• Standard King Room

Wifi was non existent and no coffee maker in rooms. Also you pay for your coffee at breakfast (not complimentary)

Super clean rooms and very comfortable

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

room smelt a bit when first went in, dont know if it was a musky smell or the airconditioning. $4 gor a small bottle of fiji water.

location, air conditioning, Sunnys breakfast was good, but nighttime food not so good.

• Standard Single Room

Really enjoyed my stay in The Hall. Excellent location, just a short walk to the beach and Lincoln Road - major shopping and eating district. Small room but very clean, comfortable and modern. The size of the room didn't bother us at all. Loved the bathroom and particularly the bath products available to use. Loved the decor of the hotel in general and it has a really nice pool area and a lively outdoor bar for evening drinks or a bite to eat.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Fantastic location in walking distance to the beach (2 free sun beds and towels), shops and restaurants. The deluxe room with two queen size beds was nice and spacious. I can highly recommend this hotel! Good value for your money!

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The wifi connection was weak and there weren't enough electrical outlets (to charge our phones, etc.).

My friends and I stayed here for a weekend getaway in South Beach. The facilites were clean. The staff were very helpful. There was also a pool party on Saturday with a great DJ. We loved the location. The hotel is a short walk to popular social spots in Ocean Avenue. It's also within a two block radius of a Starbucks, Walgreens, a Breakfast Cafe, and popular restaurants, such as Sugar and Senor Frog. This hotel was definitely a great value.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

To the very small bathroom and it was not so clean, you need a microwave and a coffee maker

Very good location , close to everything . The bed was comfortable, the room very spacious

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Wasn't that clean. Hair around tub and sink. Carpet stains. Valet hard to reach at certain time and valet was rude. Staff communication amongst each other was poor.

The property looks nice. The rooms have a nice Miami vibe with bright colors and very spacious. This hotel Is next to Señor Frog a restaurant with great food, awesome drinks, and good music. Offered beach chairs.

• Standard King Room

Room was exceedingly small there wasn't enough room for 2 people with luggage. So many extra charges amounted to an extremely expensive stay. Food on site was poor and overpriced. The listing stated that there was a free private beech area, that's a lie, you have to pay an extra resort charge on top of your other taxes and room rate and once you get to the beach you have to pay extra for the umbrellas etc

Soft bed

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I booked this a s a gift for my daughter and some friends, they all said they had a great time the hotel was clean and tidy staff were excellent and its in a great location.

• Standard King Room

No counter space in the bathroom. The bathroom floor tiles looked a like grungy.

Staff was very helpful answering questions about local places to go. Location was great, easy walk to clubs, restaurants and beach.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It was one block from the beach and the hotel provided two chairs and towels on the beach for you. Great location and Happy hour on drinks and food along with games.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

They didn't clean our room the first day we woke up there...we asked for them to come back since we were dressing when the staff arrived but they must have forgot...they didn't come by at all the 2nd day either until I called at 3pm to make sure we didn't go 2 days without it! Once I called, they sent someone up so that was good. Also the mini fridge stopped working..we woke up and the light was blinking in it and it stopped getting cold. I promise it wasn't us, we treated it good! Nothing major that ruined our stay.

Breakfast isn't included but the restaurant there is really good! My friends especially loved the chilaquiles...also the pool is big and goes to 9ft...there is a back courtyard with games and a 2nd bar and you can leave and exit to Washington or go out the front to Collins, that was really nice. I went with 7 other girls and we got 3 rooms that all had 2 queen beds each and a couch. Lots of space and the beds were comfy.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

I called before check in to upgrade my room and was told that there were no more premier queen quern rooms. When i checked in the initial room bathroom door wouldn't close, and we didnt have hot water plus when the sink was on it sound like construction was going on, so we had to change rooms. We were given a premier queen queen room, which i had just asked for and told was not available. This was fine in the end though because the issue with the first room was corrected quickly. Also when I called for towels, wash clothes etc. it sometimes took a long time before they were brought to us.

The pool was excellent. Our second room was great and the staff in the lobby area were excellent especially Raymond. He willingly helped us in anyway possible without a second thought about it.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Soap and lotions they provided smelled good. Shampoo and conditioner as well. They have happy hour in the back yard which is really nice with adult games (like over sized Jenga and Connect four etc). Staff was accommodating held bags until room was ready

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't like how you have to pay to park your car. I think there should be parking at the hotel so you can get to your car. And parking should be free.

I really liked how it was super close to the beach. The hotel was super cute. Overall liked the hotel. Staff was nice and help full.

Browse The Hall South Beach traveller photo gallery