Reviews of Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel & Conference Center 4 stars

175 Park Avenue, Florham Park, NJ 07960, USA

#1 of 1 hotels in Florham Park

• Deluxe Double Room

My only gripe was that there are no refrigerator or microwave in the rooms and none available to guests. Even if you purchase food at the restaurant and did eat all of it you cannot reheat it. That is an inconvenience for me.

The hotel is very clean and very sophisticated, very welcoming. The staff is great.

• Deluxe Double Room

Staff was friendly and helpful. When the waitress realized we were leaving the Sports Bar/Restaurant because of the noise level (we were tired after a long transatlantic trip) she offered to bring food out to us at the quiet tables in the side lobby, which was perfect. This kindness was reflected also by Olivia and others at the front desk, the pool manager and the people who cleaned the rooms. Beds comfortable, large bathrooms. Were totally satisfied with our stay there.

• Deluxe Double Room

Hand towel holder was broken. Bulb in lamp by the window was broken. Door to toilet was noisy when opened. Bar area downstairs was too noisy. Couldn't hear our conversations.

Location and quietness in the room.

• Deluxe Double Room

there was no microwave and no small refrigerstor which I always like to keep snacks and water. I did not like the room heater and air conditioner. It was difficult to use.

• Deluxe Double Room

The restaurant buffet was way too expensive... $38 a person as well as the breakfast.....which I think was $29 a person. Breakfast should be complementary

That they had the restaurant and sports bar was a plus as well as Having the pool was nice

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I had small ants all over the bathroom, crawling on the toilet , tub , walls and even on the beds

it a great location, food at Vanderbilts was good . Staff was very friendly band accommodating.

• Superior King Room

TV reception was sketchy; landing page on TV didn't operate; "free" wireless internet in the room was glacially slow and was practically useless. King Deluxe room wasn't very deluxe, but we were upgraded at no charge to King suite, which wasn't a suite, but was nicer with a couch. Sports bar was nice (great bartender) but their kitchen wasn't open (day before Thanksgiving) so had limited menu from hotel kitchen (but good chicken wings). Gym was great but you needed ear phones to listen to any of the many TVs (none provided).

Room price was reasonable. Linens and bed were very good. Nice coffee bar, free newspapers. Pool looked nice, but whirlpool was fenced off; water looked green.... a disappointment for the two days we were there.

• Deluxe Double Room

This is one of the worst hotels I've stayed in this year. the staff were rude, my room had other peoples hair everywhere (GROSS) and there were a lot of challenges with getting food.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

My room was right over their main restaurant, and the room smelled. I thought it would dissipate but it did not. When I got home to California the smell was on my clothes in my suitcase. We took a hotel shuttle to the mall and they said they’d be back at 5pm to pick us up. When they didn’t come at 5:05, I called and they said they could not come get us. We had to cab back.

There was a little kiosk restaurant/snack shop in the lobby. The woman who worked there was exceptionally helpful.

• Deluxe Double Room

Disappointed, not as pictured. Needed fork that did not come up with our food, when we called we were told to go down to the cutlery because they didn't have anyone to bring them up! Room not too clean, very humid and wall unit a/c poor quality, made it worse in the room. Not worth the price

Close to where we were having our family reunion

• Deluxe Double Room

Wish though that the hotel shuttle would make airport runs to and from Newark (why not its a conference center!)!!

Quiet room, bed was very comfortable and room was clean. The hotel was obviously hosting several weddings and functions but my floor was quiet and restful. I enjoyed the onsite restaurant and was happy that it was open late after a long day of travel. Close to Drew University and economical. Will make this my go to place when visiting my daughter at school.

• Deluxe Double Room

512 kbps internet! What a joke. All the 'events' in conference room made hotel overnight guest parking difficult to find.

Got a good night's sleep. Quiet. Everything in good shape.

• Deluxe Double Room

I experienced that the tub/shower was slippery and I would have liked to have had an installed, horizontal grab-bar on the long side of the tub and not just the vertical grab-bar near the fixtures. I thought that the other guests were noisy, both in their rooms and especially in the hallways, well past midnight.

. I thought that the rooms were attractive, clean, and comfortable.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Had to pay extra for refrigerator.no hair dryer in our room. We were on 5th floor and kept losing phone reception in the room. Felt that the bkfst offering was overpriced.

Beds were very comfortable. Housekeeping was excellent

• Deluxe Double Room

2 problems. There were 4 of us in room. we used all the towels in room after taking showers to go out Friday nite. On Sat morning I went into hallway to ask for 4 towels to take showers before we left. The housecleaner gave me an flip attitude & only 2 towels!! I asked her what the other 2 people were supposed to do. I left 5 dollar tip in room but should have left none. 2nd : Sat morning. I called for towels in pool. there were NONE. Someone bought 6 towels...there were at least 30 people in pool area. I called again. Left before anyone came.

Front desk women were great. Pool & spa great. Beds great.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The second night on property I was offered a room for $300. I don't think the facilities merit that price.

This property has been renovated recently. The renovation has successfully transformed it into a very comfortable place to stay. Front desk was helpful; check in and check out: easy. I asked for water and was happily handed a bottle. This kind of cheerfulness is what makes a nice location a hospitable place.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

If breakfast was included I would've rated this a 10. You could purchase it on site but it was on the pricey side- $14 for a breakfast sandwich :-/

Very clean rooms. Quiet (no distracting noises when you're trying to sleep or put you're children down for the night). Nice decor. Piano on site, excellent fitness center, two pools and two hot tubs- one indoors and one outdoors. Seems to be a popular place for wedding parties.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We went to use the indoor pool and it hadn't been properly maintained.

It was conveniently located to the next destination. Everything was comfortable from the moment we checked in.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

They overbooked hotel so we did not receive the 2 beds we reserved in our room. We had one bed therefore one of the kids had to sleep on the floor. For $180/night this is ridiculous not to get what you paid for. Very disappointing!

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Superior King Room

The room was not cleaned at all prior to us arriving. There were used sheets and towels in the room.

After having a huge upset the staff was helpful in fixing the issues.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It was nice that it was recently renovated, but that was basically a facade to hide the sub-par service and dirty rooms. - I placed a room service card for breakfast at 9pm the night before and it was never picked up - I then ordered breakfast to pick up. Was told 20 minutes, was down there in about 15 in case it was done early. It was done early and had sat so long it was soggy and cold - Cleaning staff needs to do a better job with rooms. There were a few stray hairs in my sink and tub, which leave me to believe they were not properly cleaned. This was the case in both rooms I had during my stay. - Had to move rooms on the second night as my tub and toilet had dirty water bubble up from the drains for about 15 minutes and leave behind a sediment of a smelly black dirtlike substance.

The property appeared to have been recently renovated

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Cleaning staff ignored do not disturb and tried to force entry to the room even after I responded that I was inside the room when they knocked.

Comfortable beds, lots of pillows and a thick duvet. Loved the floor to ceiling windows with blackout curtains. Alarm clock had two built in usb chargers. Very nice design in room.

One room smelled sour and the other like a French fry grill. Staff did not control noisy party going on at 3 AM.

It was close to the venue I was attending

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

• Premier King Room

Cleanest rooms anywhere, great location, fantastic amenities - bar/restaurant, gym and pool exceeded expectations. Will go out of my way to stay here again.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Construction current going on, so sections of hotel very dirty and enterences, parking, exits, certain amenities, and main parts of hotel closed making it inconvenient to use hotel at the time of travel

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel was under a lot of construction, so much that maybe they should have closed the hotel down while under construction. They were still doing construction work at 1030 at night. The layout was very confusing. It look me over 5 minutes just to get to my room after checking in. The staff was friendly at first but then the next shift was very rude.

The shower pressure was awesome.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

• Premier King Room

I didn't like the surprise of the huge construction project that was occurring. They have a completely different entrance in the back of the hotel and when you get inside, it's organised chaos with signage and carpet ripped up and drapery covering the mess. A little disappointed that there was no disclaimer when I booked, and still paid good money to stay.

The staff were friendly and directed us around the internal construction detours. The food at Vanderbilt was awesome! Easy free parking.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Just little things like no hooks or magnifying mirror. Maybe they are coming with renovation.

Property is being renovated, so there is a lot of construction going on. A little uncomfortable. But we had a new, lovely and comfortable room. Awesome beds. Good price. Staff was great. Kids enjoyed the well kept pool. Good experience.

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

• Queen Room - Disability Access

It was for a high school reunion. We were promised to have a block of rooms together. Turns out it didn't happpen!! We were spread all over the hotel. So at 8pm security is at our door because of a noise complaint. Seriously we were all getting ready to go down stairs yes a lot of talking going on. Next day at 9am cleaning crew is banging on your door to see when your checking out??? Check out time clearly states 12pm!!!! The customer service needs an over haul. I was overcharged for my room and the manager who got back to me left a very obnoxious voicemail about the absurd overcharge. Everytime I try to call her back she's conviently not in???

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

• Queen Room - Disability Access

Construction of main entrance. Had to go around the back. This would have been OK if we had been emailed this. Parked, went to front door and saw sign in the dark of night.

Beautiful, spacious room.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I was not told that it was under construction. The check in was on 4th floor. Loud noises on floor above me. I. Can't believe I paid full price.

Near my destination

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Under construction, and all the work was in sight of guests. Room was dirty. There was garbage in the garbage cans in the room when I got there. Disgusting. Do not stay here. Highly do not recommend

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Housekeeping only made one of the 2 beds in the room! My daughter left a stuffed animal and a book on the bed. Nothing unusual. Very weird. I mentioned it at the front desk and they apologized.

Comfortable bed. Nice bathroom.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I was attending a club convention and was pleased with the meeting room layout the break time items were well presented fresh and tasty. The meals were good and the bar was friendly.. Can't ask for much more than that!

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room had a slew of lady bugs coming from outside. Need to have tightly secured windows.

The professionalism and cleanliness. The restaurant/bar/ pool table was very nice!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The night we stayed we were awaken by a very noisy party taking place in the hallway right outside our door. Earlier in the evening when we were on our way up to our room I noticed a elevator full of young men leaving. As we walked to our room I saw two scantily dressed women walking to the elevator. (?????) Maybe a coincidence or not.

The facility was beautiful and the room was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Book 2 rooms for other people. Wanted to be charged personally. One person was charged instead. Even after confirming that only I would be charged this mistake still happen. Not a big deal just cause some back-and-forth

Nice rooms good food

• Superior King Room

Bed was a little uncomfortable and there was a mixup with our room but was fixed in a timely manner. The people next door were really loud till 7am and they were all going in and out the rooms on our floor all night. We could hear the toilet flushing in the room above us.

Room service was good. Location is great.

• Queen Room - Disability Access

Breakfast buffet was over priced at $21.95 for average brunch food.

Convenient property for our visit to FDU. Nice layout. Easy check in/out. Indoor pool and jacuzzi were relaxing.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

In door & outdoor pool with jacuzzi. The bar had pool tables and lots of nice clear tvs. The free shuttle took us to the center of town and made suggestions for dinner which were all great. Price point was a huge deal. Also when we checked in the front desk to a few extra minutes because they couldn't find our reservation which they apologized and upgraded our bed size for the same price which was very kind and generous.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms are very tiny , no microwave, if you need a fridge you'll pay for it, the pool have too much chlorine will burn your eyes, overpriced breakfast if not included in the booking, stuff are nice but management won't work for your satisfaction. I'm not getting back again!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was nice and well appointed. However, there were cobwebs on the ceiling, hairs in the sink, and the a/c vent looked like it had never been cleaned. There were a few other, admittedly small things. When you see these issues it makes you wonder how thoroughly the room has been disinfected between guests.

The bed and linens were very very comfortable. The plethora of pillows was wonderful as well. My room service breakfast was hearty, hot and delicious! The receptionist who checked me in was very pleasant and helpful.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Unbelievable room full of mold, hard to breathe, on the ceiling and carpet. Room 332. , still astounded of the rooms condition.

Location. The breakfast buffet. Raoul the waiter awesome!

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Premier King Room

Musty smell when you walked in the room, no vent fan in bathroom so fogs up quick. Room could improve on cleanliness, found a little hair in the tub.

The bed is so comfy.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room was hot and humid. There was a remote for climate control that had dead batteries and no instructions for manual control and it made a loud clicking noise all night long.

The room was clean and very nice. I enjoyed the fitness center. It was impressive.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Tap water unsafe and bottle of water extra 4 dollars in an expensive enough hotel with lots of jumped up taxes added on top of room rate. Dreadful rip off.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

First room was dirty.Electronic keys suck. Door locks didn't work. After 6 attempts to fix, still didn't work.Had to find an escort to get us in room and into pool area,pain in the ass. Ended up late for dinner (waiting to get in our room )Didn't go to in house bar because we didn't want to wait to get in our room.

Beds were comfy,nice pool

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

A bit pricey. My room was not cleaned one of the days of our stay. The staff was slow to respond to an uncleaned room.

Military discount. Full and continental breakfast. Quality of facilities such as gym, pool, bar, and restaurant. Free shuttle service to local transportation, especially train to NYC.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

had trouble using the kerig coffee machine bathroom shower / tub should have either a rubber mat or a grab bar

• Deluxe Double Room

Room had been smoked in.

Not vacuumed

• Deluxe Double Room

beds were very good , breakfast was delicious pool area was nice

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Bar with pool tables Food was great

• Deluxe Double Room

Pool was closed for renovation

Comfortable bed Nightlight in bathroom

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Voices from hallway can be heard inside the bedroom

Comfortable beds, very clean hotel, courteous workers

The chef on breakfast duty was awesome with my 9 year old

• Deluxe Double Room

The restaurant menu was blah. Service wasn’t great.

Beautiful place and beautiful comfy room, friendly staff.

• Superior King Room

Breakfast is not included.

Cleanness of the hotel

• Superior King Room

Restarant was closed on Sunday evening

Nice spacey rooms. Comfortable beds

Parking

• Deluxe Double Room

Pricing online and on the phone was conflicting, felt like I was being misled on the phone.

Staff was very helpful and thoughtful.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast was very expensive, just wanted fruit and you have no choice but to get buffet...👎🏼

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The sincerity of thr welcome upon out arrival

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No microwave or mini fridge in room

Not much

The room was very small

It was a normal room. Our view was a hill behind the hotel. The pool was excellent!

Parking limited.

• Deluxe Double Room

smell shower curtain, clogged tub

quiet room, comfort beds

• Deluxe Double Room

the room was nicely laid out and the beds were so comfortable.

The pool

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Didn't like the fact that the outside door leading to the sports bar was open- unlocked - all night

Not much around there

Clean, good value, great restaurant

The Menu Bar Plates, are very delicious

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was decorated and looked nice

It was nice

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was very clean, beds very comfortable, and the setting quiet with lots of green (trees).

• Deluxe Double Room

The outdoor pool was dirty we were not able to swim in it.

The indoor pool and gym was amazing

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Location was nice and mostly clean