Reviews of Hampton Inn Albany-Wolf Road 3 stars

10 Ulenski Drive, Albany, NY 12205, USA

#16 of 40 hotels in Albany

• Double Room Accessible with Tub Non-Smoking

The staff was friendly, the breakfast buffet was good. The hotel rooms were clean , comfortable, but the entrance to the hotel could use some much needed maintenance.

The staffs were very amazing, the Manager was extremely helpful when I had issues with my Payment and he went above and beyond to help me resolve the issue with my bank. Thanks a lot

The "business center" was a single PC and printer in the lobby next to the front desk. This is sub-standard. I prefer some privacy when I have to use these facilities (vs. every passerby watching my work over my shoulder), and the one time I tried, the computer was in use by one person for 20 minutes. Free up a room and put in two or three computers, like most Hamptons, and most other hotels in this class.

Comfortable, clean modern room; decent breakfast (in truth I don't expect more); good soundproofing. Long days on business travel don't leave time for much else.

The rooms are newly renovated - the construction is over (the lobby will be redone soon). Staff was great. The airport shuttle was convenient. Standard Hampton breakfast, which is okay. This is an older property that is trying to keep up with a lot of competition on Wolf Road. Nicer than the Best Western or Red Lion. Not as nice as the Homestead across the street. About on par with the Indigo. Just pick your price point.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like that I wasn’t told the entire hotel was under renovations. The pool was at another location that can be used by hotel guests.

The newly renovated rooms were very nice. Breakfast was excellent.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

no indoor pool or restaurant inside hotel.

Breakfast was excellent and the laundry prices and availability exceptional. Shuttle service and drivers exceptionally friendly and helpful.

The hotel is in the process of being renovated, so we got one of the newly renovated rooms. The decor is beautiful and especially liked the half tile floor and the design of the room.

My wife and I have been on the road a lot the last two years and we've stayed in many hotels. I've never seen a more helpful, courteous, caring, attentive staff. Never! Morning, noon and night they went out of their way to help us. We'll be back there for sure!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The dining area was very small for the capacity of the facility and the food had a lot to be desired. They served cheese omlets on Friday and several people including myself can not eat dairy.

It was in a quiet location and the room was comfortable. Everyone was friendly and helpful.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The only thing I can say negative is that it definitely needs updating. As I said I have been too many Hampton Inns and most every one of them has been renovated this particular one was just reminded me of the times straight out of the 90's. That is all I can say as far as negativity.

I stay in many Hampton inns I travel a lot with my daughter and will be traveling a lot more now that she is a junior and we are searching for the right college. This Hampton in was clean, quiet , i had no problems. It was clean, a place to stay and staff was very friendly and in my book that deserves an A. Now I am traveling down to Beaufort SC for my sons graduation from Marine boot camp next week and I will be staying in that Hampton Inn for a few days we will see if that one is updated.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Front desk staff was not friendly. There were young high school or college aged kids running up and down the hallways between 1am and 5am knocking and banging in doorways, being loud and discourteous. At breakfast a school group took up all the available seating and even though they were obviously finished eating, they did not empty the area giving other guests an opportunity to sit, I saw numerous guests taking their breakfast back to their rooms, including myself. The hotel staff did nothing to address this. I felt my overnight visit was a complete waste of money since I did not get any sleep and basically had to juggle eating French toast with syrup while sitting on the edge of my bed. I travel to Albany several times a year and will not stay at this hotel again.

The beds were comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds were a bit hard and crunched when we sat down. There is no frig or microwave. After late night sightseeing, I was awakened by a front desk call about my bill that was an error by the hotel with keying in my info. The breakfast was okay with prefab eggs but nice waffle machines. Consider adding cocoa to room and breakfast.

The room was good. It was clean. Breakfast had an average selection and was kept stocked. Checkin and out was quick and courteous. Very close to thruway, airport, restaurants and shopping. For the money, it was good for a quick overnight stay.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My tub was clogged with disgusting hair from prior customers. Gross! Also there was an inch of dust on the pipes behind the toilet and what looked like a blood stain on the wall in the bathroom. Very disgusting.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room amenity were not as good as the other location we have stayed from same company (Hampton Inn by the university)

Room and services were excellent .

Not much to the breakfast bar. We skipped it all three days. Pool was subpar. Awkward entrance to/from Wolf Road is troublesome.

Free water and chocolate chips were nice. Bed was OK. Pillows and comforter were better than average.

The only negative I would say is that I always request a fridge in the room, there is never one there when we check in and when one is delivered it is tiny with no freezer part for ice packs. Apparently they will be renovating in November and all rooms will have a fridge and microwave. Looking forward to that!

Location is great for us, close to shopping and restaurants and access to Interstate. Staff is very friendly and if there is an issue they do their best to accommodate your requests.

• Room with One Double Bed - Accessable Roll-in Shower - Non-Smoking

Walls are incredibly thin. I could hear the screaming children next door like they were in my room. Windows don't open.

Nice staff, not fake. Walking distance to excellent coffeeshop and two restaurants. I always stay here when catching the late flight in from the west coast. There's a nice guest laundry room as well.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

There was not a single thing that I can say that was wrong or bad. Everything was PERFECT.

The staff here are the best. At the front desk Cherisse is the most pleasant person I have meant in a long time. She smiled and made me feel so much better after I just had a horrible experience at a hotel across the street. She made me smile and got me in a room in under 5 minutes. Each time I went downstairs, she was there waiting with a smile. Awesome room, awesome staff, you can not ask for more.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our window didn't close all the way (but it was fixed the next day) and there was a foul smell when we returned the first evening. It didn't continue.

The staff were wonderful!

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Rooms are terribly outdated. There are nicer options at similar price point available in the area. Likely won't stay there again.

Good location and free parking.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When we booked, we were not informed of the stay and park for free offer. We were then charged an extra $25 for parking. They never answered our emails to them regarding parking or an extra bed.

They were very good about getting us a taxi for our earlier ride to the airport.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

The front entrance was scary looking in the dark. I was shocked at that and immediately regreted my decision to book there. Not what I expected of a Hampton Inn. Low lighting - no plants or inviting appeal. The front glass was etched with some sort of design so I couldnt really be sure I was in the right place. The place is old for sure.

Coffee. Breakfast looked to be a great value but I didn't eat as I wasn't hungry and needed to hit the road. The staff lady smiled a lot and was very nice. The food offerings were extensive.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

would have liked eggs for breakfast instead of pancakes. you need more tables and chairs in breakfast room. would like another easy chair in room.

bed + pillows were excellent

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

I'm a low carb eater and can't do grains, starches or sugar. That's almost all there was there...sugar, sugar, sugar. Other than some skimpy strips of bacon, nothing there for me. The eggs were on bagels :( How about better bacon and at least some hard boiled eggs.

Thought the food was only marginal.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Toilet stopped up on first use. Sinl stopper broke on first use. Switch on bedside lamp was erratic in use. Poorest showing I have ever had in a Hampton. Repair man showed up within 15 minutes and unstopped the toilet.

• Double Room Accessible with Tub Non-Smoking

For some reason, we were given a handicap room. When I called the desk and questioned why, the told me since we went thru booking.com, they could not guarantee what room we got. They did not offer to move us to another room. Wasn't real pleased with the response.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Staff was extremely helpful and courteous. This was my first time in Albany and I traveled with my 2 sisters for a family reunion and each of us experienced a very positive stay. Will definitely return to Hamption Inn on our next visit, possibly one year from now.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Plastic knives, forks and spoons, paper and foam dishes at breakfast. No anti-slip mat in bathtub Room seemed cramped and crowded.

Ease of check-in and out. Staff very helpful. Coffee available in lobby. Breakfast selection of foods.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

rooms need to be updated.....not just the decor but furnishings, paint and fixtures are very worn. Toilet would not flush and another guest on the 2nd floor had the same problem

free wifi, breakfast and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

• Room with One Double Bed - Accessable Roll-in Shower - Non-Smoking

The price was a tad high for so much competition, but the competition is high priced also so one assumes a cabal.

It was a normal hotel experience. A bit better with the renovations that have occurred, especially for the handicapped.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

There was a sheet on the bed and a very heavy comforter....No in between....either hot or cold. A light blanket would be perfect. Also did not receive a receipt.

Desk for doing work was great. Breakfast staff very helpful

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms were not ready at 3:30 pm for check in. When we went back after our event they told us there was a problem and didn't have the two rooms we booked. They did put us in one room with a king bed and brought in a cot. The other room was what we booked. They did say that because we booked through you and not directly with them that we were not guaranteed our rooms.

The breakfast was great, and may choices.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Great location beside the 87 north. An Hannaford is a mile away from the hotel and a Starbuck is just before to re-enter in the Interstate. Staff was smiling.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nothing. Everything was a good value for the money.

Everything was clean and comfortable. Staff was incredibly friendly. Breakfast was even good for the typical Continental Breakfast.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

The pool and pool area were dirty. Towels were much too small to be pool side worthy. The rug in the room was not totally vacuumed and there was dust on the ledges of the furniture.

The ladies in the breakfast room were eager to assist; the housekeeping staff was pleasant in the hallway; the check-in person was welcoming.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

No refrigerator in room.

Staff were extra helpful to help me connect to the better internet connection, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, there was real oatmeal at breakfast and the hotel was close to a good selection of restaurants for dinner.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

The fitness center was TINY, but guests did have the option of using a fitness center nearby.

The entire staff were friendly and helpful. Shout out to Dana who handled the front desk. So professional and so friendly!

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

Extemely noisy, one of the worst hotel experiences of my life. Kids running in corridors until past midnight, adults partying till late, loud ice machine till dawn and starting again at 6 am. To be totally avoided by anyone wishing to get some sleep and rest

• Reviewed: 9 July 2016

The handling of early arrival request was stressful passing of the buck among staff. Also corporate reservations policies are determined to NOT let you talk to anybody.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The a/c didn't stay on, toilet took forever to flush, wallpaper was coming off the wall, shower water pressure was terrible also tub didn't drain while showering. Pool was suppose to close at dusk we called at 7:45 and pool was closing at 8...dusk isn't until 8:45 or later in the summer.

Good location.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was filthy. The shower the tub and shower curtain were disgusting dirty.there was blond hair on the shower walls. And my hair is not blond. You could fill the springs in the beds.the dust on the headboard had me sneezing all night. I felt like I was in a 0 star motel. I travel a lot and make a lot of arrangements for friends and family. Unfortunately Hampton Inn will not be on my list anymore. I was told at the front desk I was told I would be receiving a refund from your 100% guarantee. I hope this is done correctly.

The front desk ladies were nice

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

They ran out of regular coffee for the room (only had decaf). Too many kids were running around on their own--no parents watching them. Staff should clean up breakfast area after kids make a mess. Limit the number of cookies to 1 or 2, kids were taking handfuls!

The room was comfortable and clean. The location was good, right off the freeway. Breakfast was good, but eggs weren't the best and could use another waffle iron (too long of a wait.) Cookies were delicious! Staff was courteous and friendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I found many long black hairs in my towels

The bed was very comfortable and the staff were very helpful and nice.

It was very clean people were friendly didn’t have to go far to any activities and they had a variety of things for breakfast

Now that the hotel has had a complete upgrade it was a real pleasure to stay there.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bottom line smelled clean and it was clean

Hotel was in excellent physical shape and staff was friendly

Facilities sub par compared to the quality we are used to at Hampton Inn hotels. We were surprised.

Modern room with great amenities..with a comfy bed. Also very quiet.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The staff was friendly, the room was clean and up to date also it was quiet and relaxing. Plenty of restaurant and things to do in the area.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Great location which was close to the airport.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything was fantastic. Close to the airport also.

Super clean room. Friendly staff. Solid breakfast. Appears to be largely renovated. Recommended!

room was hot

bed was comfortable and shower was nice

Bar on premises

Very friendly staff! Even packed two bottles of water in a bag for the road as we were checking out.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

No indoor pool at the location

I left before breakfast was served.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Really shabby lobby dining area

Room ok

under construction. looking forward to returning when construction is complete

Renovation noises

Shuttle service

Eveything was fine

Beds are very comfortable!!! Very clean place and very friendly accommodating staff We had an enjouable stay!!

Under renovations they still did a great job.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Comfortable stay with great location close to the airport. Prompt, reliable shuttle service. No complaints.

Not clean

Close to the airport

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Not a lot of gluten dairy free options for breakfast.

Comfortable bed.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Wish I could have stayed longer.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Vending machine only took credit cards

Cleanliness

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

the seating for breakfast was’t comfortable.

We liked everything

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

breakfast was great, good waffles, breakfast meats, fresh fruit, hot robust coffee!

I was disappointed that Hampton Inn no longer issues a receipt for stay if the property is booked through a third party (booking.com).

Couldn’t get real wine glasses.