Reviews of Hampton Inn Alexandria/Old Town 3 stars

1616 King Street, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA

#17 of 41 hotels in Alexandria

Good location. Comfortable hotel at a good price.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

No cups for bathroom and toilet paper and tissues of rough and very poor quality. There should be towels at the pool.

We were upgraded to a suite. Staff very helpful and hot breakfast was well done. Room comfortable.

Nice
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The complimentary breakfast. Because of my medical condition, diabetic type 1, I was looking for a place that would include protein in the breakfast. No Carbs. The first day they had a scramble with sausage, perfect. The second day they had carbs with a sprinkle of eggs. I asked for replacement but they would not accommodate my request. I had to go out for breakfast for that reason. If it says full breakfast, it should be full breakfast. Thank you,

Everything except the breakfast.

A little slice of heaven on earth!
    • King Room with Bath - Mobility Access

I loved EVERYTHING!!! I thought the front desk people were great( I remember Brady's name. He even found an umbrella for me to use!) Housekeeping,etc. all staff phenomenal. SOOOO clean! Would definitely return and tell everyone about you. Love, Shirley

Alexandria, a place near Washintong worth visiting
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The location is very good, just in King St. You can take the free tourist bus up & down street or even better have a nice stroll. Breakfast was very good. Though the space was quite reduced. Staff, very friendly and helpful.

Nice hotel, lovely town, great location very clean and quiet.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Had to pay additional for parking, not enough seating in breakfast area, a little pricey.

Very clean, great location on a quite street, very close to DC, nice breakfast, charming town. Very nice restaurant, Theismann's Bar and Restaurant just 2 blocks from hotel and open late.

We enjoyed our stay so much! We were so grateful for the kindness we were shown
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

We loved that there were main staples we could count on our kids liking (waffle bar, cereals and fruit) but I liked the variety on the hot bar each morning.

Friendly staff; great location
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Friendly super quick check in; we were given room keys and cold drinks within minutes. We parked for free on the street just across from the hotel--there was also a garage, but we never needed it. Location was perfect for us. Room was quiet and very comfortable with pull out stools for extra seating and a mini fridge. Easy walking to restaurants and shops; the streets are all lit with lights in the trees at night; quaint and felt safe. We did not look in at pool or workout facilities. Breakfast was very good with a nice variety. It was also nice that coffee, tea, and hot chocolate were available all the time.

Good old Hampton Inn: first choice when we travel

Parking. Their garage is $20/ day. That’s a bit steep when on street parking is requires putting money in the meter every 3 hours.

Bed is the best - we actually bought one for home! Very clean, diverse breakfast selection, great location, very reasonable price, cool bedside charging station, plenty of nice towels, nice high quality toiletries, free cold soda upon arrival.

Great location!!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The thermostat was not easy to work. I asked at the front desk how to operate the thermostat and it still didn't turn down at night. Also, our TV did not work for 2 days. I complained after the first day and was told someone was going to fix it, but they did not. We discovered on our own that the remote had no batteries, and when I told them at the front desk on the 3rd day, I was given a new remote.

The breakfast had a nice variety. The beds were comfortable and the location was great for visiting Old Town Alexandria.

Overall pretty good
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The parking situation is very cramped. It was hard to find parking, and if we did it was very close to other cars.

The breakfast was really good and had quite a few options, and the staff were very friendly and welcoming. The rooms were also clean and comfortable.

My stay was fine. I will stay at this property again. I don’t have any complaints.

There were a few strands of hair on the bedding.

The facility was perfectly fine. I’m not too keen on hotel stays but when I visit the city again I will stay at this property again. It’s close to what I need & affordable.

Exactly what we needed for NYE!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was very clean. The view- It was NYE and we had a view of the closed outdoor pool...in the summer it would have been better!!

Really nice hotel
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Toilet too low. Other than that, nothing at all to complain about. Second time at this location and both times very pleasant.

The bed is extremely comfy and cozy. Bathroom good. Counter spacious enough for all my stuff. Very nice staff. If the location merited it, I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

Our stay was enjoyable and we were able to visit 2 days in DC without the hassle of parking the car.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

the hotel was in a great location the trolley was right outside the door that took you up and down King st. which is loaded with restaurants and shops. We did not have to eat or shop in DC the metro was convenient to the hotel as well. As usually with the hamptons they are clean, comfortable beds and a great breakfast.

Garage security gate was broken and left open.

Garage security gate was broken and left open. Actual room rate was higher than stated in your information at the time we booked. Your website said $170 whereas the actual rate was $179. Better get this sorted out or we will not use your service any more.

Normally I always choose Hampton Inns but if I come back to Alexandria, I will not use this Hampton
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The night light to the bathroom did not work. There was not adequate drawer space for clothes. The elevators ran very slow. There were 2 different rooms on my floor that had extremely loud guests and made it impossible to sleep. The night clerk was not able to get the situation corrected and offered up an excuse that one of the groups had not seen each other for 30 years! I was not the only room to complain. Fortunately the next night both rooms were occupied by quieter guests.

The staff was willing to move me to another room due to problem neighbors.

plenty of fruit and cereal
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The hot breakfast on Saturday caused my husband to become very sick with the stomach flu. I did not eat that meal so I was fine.

plenty of fruit and cereal

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

1st - Didn't honor booking.com rate quote. 2nd - Poor customer service from front desk. Witnessed a 15-20 min early check in, whom was told the room wasn't ready so she sat in the lobby only be ignored for 30 minutes while others received their rooms, and she had children with her! Oh and she had to come back to the front desk to check on her room they NEVER bothered themselves to come to her and say the room was ready. She was sitting within 15 feet of the front desk which was staffed by 2 employees.

Hampton/Old Town Alexandria Is a GOOD choice.

Linkage of wifi zones could have been better.

Business office with access to airprinter. Breakfast was really good, variety of food options very nice.

Disappointed in this property.
    • King Room with Bath - Mobility Access

I purposely booked a king bed, and when I got to my room I realized they had given me a double. No mention of it upon check in. I called the front desk, and the said they had given all of the king rooms away. My first night away from ny children in years, and I had to sleep in a double. Not to mention the mattress was hard as a rock. Thanks Hampton Inn. Normally I really enjoy Hampton Inn's, but I will not be recommending this property to anyone.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

excellent, quiet, convenient to metro and trolley

i was disappointed in the quality of the hot breakfast .. eggs were powdered, but the other items were very good

the room was super clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Would stay again!
    • King Room with Bath - Mobility Access

Wished the windows would open -- but cooling system worked well.

Very clean and well kept. Loved the location: just a mile's walk or a quick free shuttle ride (stop right out in front of hotel) to the heart of Old Town. This hotel is located at the less busy end of Old Town, with a Whole Foods just 3 blocks away. All staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

The property is in a great location- within a few blocks of...

N/A - everything was great

The property is in a great location- within a few blocks of the closest metro station and a nice, leisurely walk to the pier. Along the way is a plethora of dining and shopping options. And the staff was awesome. Good accommodations are important; rude, unprofessional staff can be off-putting. The team at this hotel were professional and friendly from the beginning to the end. There's a lady that's always there that is especially nice.

Not too bad.

TV remote did not work properly when arrived, however that was fixed. The outlet in the bathroom was loose.

Breakfast had a good selection and it was all good. Staff were all very nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

See the nation's capital without the traffic!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The parking was a little tight, but I expect that in a city.

The location and the fact that you could walk out the front door and be able to shop and see the sights.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Won't stay in this hotel anymore
    • King Room with Bath - Mobility Access

Very rude front desk staff! The girl in the night shift was nice, but the lady in the mornings and the manager were very rude with a doubt that I had regarding my bill. The man said that I was paing a lower rate because I did my reservation through Booking.com, that they had much more expensive rates.... Also, in the mornings the maids knock on your door no matter if you are up or not... really annoying!

I liked the location of the hotel. Its close to metro station, shops and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Great place to stay in Alexandria

The room was large and comfortable. The hotel was conveniently located to public transportation and restaurants and bars. Breakfast was good and the items changed daily.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

We had a delightful New Year's weekend in DC staying at the Hamilton!
    • King Room with Bath - Mobility Access

Nothing bad to say..the staff was on the ball!

We were told our room was ready and could check in early, however the room had NOT been serviced, we were immediately placed into a ready room and offered a cold bottle of water by the clerk...very nice gesture. The hot breakfast was delightful!

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Excellent stay

We liked everything.

Staff was very friendly, helpful and patient. The room was very lovely, spacious, and clean. My husband and I slept well and loved how accessible the hotel was to several eateries.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

Thanksgiving weekend in Alexandria
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Furniture in the lobby and dining area was uncomfortable and cheap looking.

I have stayed in many HI's around the country and they are all good, some a little better than others. Often the motels are not easily accessible but this was not the case. Breakfast bar selection was very good. More fruit would have been a plus.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Great Location!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The location was perfect! It was so nice to be right there on the main street and across from the metro. It was also really great being able to park in the hotel garage.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

The location!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I think some variations on the complimentary breakfast theme would have been nice! (Oatmeal every morning? How about sausage gravy or grits occasionally? Or BLT options?) The beds are covered with very heavy comforters which were way too warm for the season. I called to request a lighter cover, but this was not provided We were aware of what should have been a private encounter between (presumed) consenting adults several doors down the hall... this only happened once, in the mid-afternoon. and we were there for three nights.

The location! Close (walking distance) to the Metro! Plus lots of sites to see on the free trolley around town.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Great location right on the free trolley line and short walk...

Great location right on the free trolley line and short walk to the metro station, and to the George Washington Masonic Temple. The outdoor pool on the second floor looked wonderful, though we didn't get time to try it.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

The location of the property.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The front desk staff was very unprofessional. When you ask for things. They seemed bothered. Never had such unprofessional front desk staff at any Hampton. Inn I have stayed in.

The location of the property.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

The Alexandria Old Town Hampton Inn is excellent!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room was comfortable, clean and quiet, with comfortable beds and bedding. The staff were friendly and competent. The breakfast was the standard hotel breakfast except for the coffee, which was really excellent. The hotel is only a block from the Metro station, which is served by both the blue and yellow lines, which made getting into DC easy and stress-free.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

The staff was mediocre.
    • King Room with Bath - Mobility Access

Staff could have been a little more helpful and facilities are pretty run down.

The staff was mediocre. Seemed to be disinterested in helping or answering simple questions.

Not a good experienec.

Breakfast was really bad with a limited option. Parking was horrible and too much. T me, the hotel should be less than $ 50 day.

Metro conveneience

Location breakfast

Parking

Location breakfast

All Around Awesome Experience!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Friendly staff! Great location! Awesome breakfast variety! Very clean! We will definitely be back!!

This is a great place to stay. It is near the metro and a short ride to D.C.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Hot water was not consistent.

Breakfast was great.Housekeeping was very nice.

I come to this hotel about every two years to bring a...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I come to this hotel about every two years to bring a grandchild to tour DC. I wouldn't stay anywhere else, it is an awesome hotel!

Breakfast was nice
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The pillows were like sand in a bag Very very slow elevators

Breakfast was nice

Excellent breakfast bar, parking on site

Excellent breakfast bar, parking on site

Felt like home
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Creaky elevator and super tight parking lot

The rooms made great use of space, and the bedding was so comfortable.

Inadequate parking

Inadequate parking

It was excellent.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Room service came by far too often. A good thing, but annoying.

I enjoyed the complementary breakfast.

Nice clean place.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

No closet and could not close curtains completely

Nice clean place. Easy to get around, free Trolley to get us around. Good breakfast.

Overall it was a very pleasant experience and I was very pleased with my stay at the Hampton Inn.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was very comfortable and facility was quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Staff was friendly and very helpful

I would have appreciated free parking rather hann the $20/day fee

Staff was friendly and very helpful

Location to public transportation

Location to public transportation

Life guard too flirty with my son

Staff was very helpful.

Staff was very helpful.

My stay was beautiful.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing. Everything was good.

I love the cleanliness of the room.

Pleasent
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast with poor quality and quantity.

Lovely hotel in an excellent location
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was nice but could be better

Excellent location and close to the Met. Staff were lovely especially Betty on reception.

A nice stay.

Paying for parking at the hotel....if I'm staying at the hotel then parking fee should be waved.

Restaurants and closeness to the metro.

Excellent trip

Wonderful little town!

Price

Lov ed d the Hampton Inn Old Town

No problems

Good location, good breakfast

Very good location in near old town Alexandria. Everything that we expected at a reasonable price.

Can't really think of anything in particular.

Lots of choices for breakfast. Clean bathroom and comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

No fans in bathroom

The location on King Street near the Amtrak and Metro...

The location on King Street near the Amtrak and Metro station was great.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Breakfast!

Fire alarm went off three times on May 15, twice in morning, once about 7:30pm. All false

Breakfast!

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Comfortable and convenient but not economical

Extra charge for parking

Cookies at end of our day. Coffee and fruit available in lobby

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

Comfortable stay

Breakfast was just 'OK'.

On site secure parking ($20 per night). Great location.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

no vent fan in the bathroom mattress was too firm can't...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

no vent fan in the bathroom mattress was too firm can't control temperature of room

Need more tv channels.

Need more tv channels.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Wonderful weekend excape

Could not get air to work in room. Parking very tight

Trolley convenience to all attractions

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Enjoyed Alexandria with Hampton Inn
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The exercise room did not match the picture.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

excellent stay location great for catching metro in to D C

wi fi hard to get on

breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Great place to stay

No complimentary water...

The beds were comfortable, the breakfast was delicious and the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Beautiful location and very clean.

Everything was great.

Beautiful location and very clean.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Very pleasant and helpful staff.

Very pleasant and helpful staff. Great location.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Nice stay
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The free breakfast was great and I liked being able to get bottles of water at the front desk. Also a great location in Olde Town Alexandria.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Location --close to everything
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Booking.Com raised the rate after confirming lower cost per day.

Location --close to everything