Reviews of Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North 3 stars

2300 Green Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA

#13 of 34 hotels in Ann Arbor

There was no breakfast available. They did not restock the breakfast bar. At 9:45 (breakfast ends at 10) there were 6 dried up mini cinnamon rolls and some crock pot oatmeal. No batter for waffles, no milk, no fruit, everything was gone and staff just looked at the guests as if to say, well that's all there is. But as we departed the hotel at 10:20, the hot items were being restocked for employees who were dining happily as well as other staff blocking the hallway shouting to co-workers, "Hey cook me something good for breakfast, I don't care what it is; just cook me something."

It was close to our destination.

I wish breakfast had more fruit options and would have been great to have a hot tub with the pool. But neither of those were deal breakers :)

Very friendly service from everyone, the rooms were a great size, and the housekeepers did a great job cleaning! I especially loved that I could get passes to Anytime Fitness - that was the BEST part! When I travel I really need gym access and that was a great way to provide access for guests.

There was only one person on duty when we checked in around 9:30 pm and they were away from front desk, servicing another guest. We waited at least 20 minutes to be checked in

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Only thing the heat did keep the room warm at 75 but anything below that there was cold coming out of the vent.

The rooms were clean and Spacious. The breakfast was Amazing. Nice staff. They were there if there was anything you needed. From extra towels, pillows anything tou need they helped tou out right away. Also the free coffee, tea and hot chocolate all day was amazing. Very good experience and we go back in May for my anniversary.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

The thermostat was stuck and it kept getting warmer in our room- the only way to cool down was to open the window... in the middle of February.

The room was very nice and cozy, and everything was clean and well-kept. The bed was very comfy and the hotel staff quickly filled our request for extra pillows.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

I find that the bathroom does not have a lot of counter space.

As always the hotel room was clean. Plenty of parking available. Easy to get to off of highway 23

• Queen Room - Disability Access

Shuttle service during the weekend --- something that would be scheduled so there were 2-3 rides FROM the hotel per day with schedule-able pickups.

The staff are phenomenal. They try to accommodate room requests, are like concierge service with recommendations for restaurants and activities, and are always pleasant. The rooms are clean and comfortable - various options with bed + seating (couch or chairs). Breakfast is varied and many options! It isn't on campus but is close and has great shuttle service during the week. We always stay here when in Ann Arbor and love it.

The carpets were not vacuumed well and the toilet had hair on it from a previous stay.

The hotel is connected to an applebees, so food and drinks were convenient

• King Room with Sofa Bed

The bed was slightly broken because it was SO squeaky and made extremely loud sounds on one side the moment anyone moved

• King Room with Sofa Bed

On our last day, Monday, there were no plates left for breakfast food, only bowls. I think the coffee/tea bar should be in a better location so that steps do not have to be walked while carrying cups of beverage to your table.

Friendly staff

• King Room with Sofa Bed

signage at the entrance off green road is nearly invisible!

the staff was exceptionally accommodating and friendly. for example, I overheard them offer to provide soy milk for a child the next day who had a dairy allergy. all the staff were very helpful and nice. very exceptional service.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

The road construction nearby, but that is not something that is controlled by the hotel and it is temporary :-)

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Always had a friendly word and a smile for us. The breakfast was fresh, hot and delicious.

the AC sound is extremely loud. I had to turn it off to be able to sleep.

so clean and affordable. I like the shuttle bus service; it takes you anywhere around Ann Arbor.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Thought they would have had a hot tub. Pool was to cold

Room was very nice. Best breakfast I have had at a motel, hotel. Beds where very comfortable.

• Queen Room

Honestly couldn't identify anything that I could take issue with. The Inn was being Managed well and all the staff were engaged in the success of the Inn.

Our room was faultless. We always worry about the maintenance and cleanliness of the accommodations that we book despite it holding a good rating. It's quite apparent that the Hampton Inn Ann Arbor is being managed to please the traveler with special attention to the rooms and services. Our room was exceptionally quiet with all the equipment fully functional. (Air conditioner, Heating etc.) Breakfast was a small well equipped buffet style arrangement with both hot and cold fare. The food was fresh, hot and closely monitored by the staff. For lunch you can walk next door to Apple Bees which servers up a variety of culinary delights to satisfy most anyone's pallet. Wife and I were very pleased with this Inn and our stay in Ann Arbor. On our departure we were offered a brown bag lunch/snack for our journey home. Pretty good idea!

No hot tub!! And the closer you got to the pool, the colder it was in the halls. Wasn't very comfortable in the pool room, a little chilly even though the pool was heated to 83°F.

I liked the comfortable beds, newer TV, micro & fridge in the room. Breakfast had a wonderful variety of things to eat! One of the better ones I've seen.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• King Room with Sofa Bed

2 tiles in bathroom of room 206 were unsecured, and gf wasnt a fan of the pillows (though i didnt mind them)

Quaint pool area, very helpful front staff, lots of open space in the one bed room.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

• King Room with Sofa Bed

They could have better signage to see the hotel from the street. We were driving in December in poor weather conditions and it was very difficult to see when we arrived late in the evening.

staff very friendly and accommodating to a minor booking mixup. Super friendly, too!

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

The breakfast is simple but it's not some 5-star place anyway.

The location is good, close to umich north campus and a food court is in a 2-mins walk. Free parking and free wifi. Front desk is 24-hours and the staff are very welcoming. The room is also very clean and quiet.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

I dont think the bathroom was really ever cleaned hairs on floor, clogged toilet, only clean towels. These hotels charge a lot then pay housekeeping minimum wage. The one thing i really care most about is just having a clean functioning room.

The toilet when i arrived was clogged called down to desk only one person managing huge hotel. said he would be up but never came. I used my dads room next door. In the end I was not charged for the room

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

One more comfortable chair in the room to sit and watch tv as a couple would have been nice instead of having to recline on the bed. Tourist information was not visible, just newspapers, but provided when asked. Some people would assume not available though.

Breakfast was more extensive than expected. Loved the sausage, scrambled egg choice instead of carbs. Excellent light-blocking curtains.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Everything was great, I just wish I could have gotten my Chromecast to work. I also wish that since I couldn't, there had been rental or on demand films.

The bed and sheets were incredible, and the staff was very accommodating.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• Queen Room - Disability Access

Traveled for 12 hours. When we got there we did not receive the room we requested. We were put in a handicap accessible room with one queen bed and a unique bathroom. I understand the need for this type of facility. But after a long day of traveling we were very disappointed with the room and the service we received

• Queen Room

the shower was dirty, hair on the walls, and our bath towel was wet though we hadn't used the bath at all, which made me wonder if they'd changed it...

the staff were all very cheery and friendly, the location was convenient for our needs, and an overall good value.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

Price was inflated because of area events, which was unfortunate seeing how we were down for an appointment at Mott Children's hospital.

The staff was very friendly

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Be careful with this hotel! I love Hampton Inn but this one put a bad taste in my mouth! NO matter how you spin it, unauthorized use of a card on file is fraud or stealing, especially when there are no inncidentals and the room was paid for in advance. I had reserved a room under booking.Com in which I was not to be charged for the room until arrival. We prepayed once there and the staff "accidently" charged the card I reserved the room with as well. Thus, I paid three times for two nights! Accidents happen,however when staff refused to print out a receipt and management refused to return my calls about the overcharge things went from bad to worse. I had to make a formal complaint with corporate in which I was told they were told the matter had been taken care of. This was not the case and in the end after over a week of daily hours on the phone with everyone but a manager I was finally connected to a supervisor who had returned money to an incorrect account, refused to fix the problem or refund my stay and told me she, nor her staff had done anything wrong. In fact she had the audacity to state that it was I who was at fault because I booked through a 3rd party site. I have never been so disrespected and appalled by\at a hotel in my life and we travel often and far. When it came down to this experience it was clear that this hotel has hired several unethical, dishonest, and incompetent staff who clearly did not want to take responsibility for the plethora of mistakes made and passed the buck to who ever they could "transfer" the call to. The owners may want and need to make some changes here, starting at the top. Even the facilty is hard to recommend. The pool was freezing, our room's floor was dirty in spots, and breakfast was mediocre at best. Stay at the Holiday Inn near the mall if you are in Ann Arbor, they have a wonderful facility and an excellent staff and this hotel could take notes from them!

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Drapes did not draw shut and only had sheers. Used a safety pin to close drapes. TV remote did not have a sleep timer. I like to fall asleep to white noise of a TV and then have it shut off automatically

Very helpful front desk, directions, free bottled water because it was so hot

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Small bathroom, fake eggs and O.J. at breakfast. Hotel smelled like chlorine from the pool. I'm a designer and the 'pink' tone of wall covering in the bathroom was horrible with the other finishes. No shower caps.

2 Queen beds and they're very comfortable. Free breakfast.The location was good, we were visiting both EMU and UM and it was right in between.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

My partner paid for the room on his Visa card but the staff indicated that Booking.com might be putting through the payment again on the Amex card I supplied to hold the room. Can you please not duplicate the payment?

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed

There was no water the first day we were there and we paid just under $500.00 for two nights. I stayed at a 5 star hotel in Detroit for less than that 2 days earlier. They did not offer to move us anywhere and only had bottles of water for drinking. After traveling all day and being outside we were unable to take showers or even wash up. It was horrible. In addition, there was hair in our bathtub which is very offputting and they did not clean the bathroom or change the towels after the first day. I would not stay there again and it certainly was not worth the money. The only reason we stayed there was because we had to be in Ann Arbor. Sadly, I would not recommend this hotel.

The staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Room could have been a bit more spacious, four of us and 2 queen beds made for very close quarters. Breakfast could have been a bit more organized...very crowded and food ran out often, always replenished, but it took time.

Want to comment on the staff, all were great, a couple went above and beyond. You have a winner in Mimi, do not ever let her go. She was always smiling and helpful, she made the trip for my 11 yr old grandson, she treated him like a king, and not just him !!! We all felt special when dealing with Mimi! Thank you Beautiful...from Handsome.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Wish they hadn't taken out the hot tub.

The staff was very friendly. Breakfast was extremely busy and they did a great job keeping up with the crowd. Having a restaurant on the property was a bonus.

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

The Hostess was very friendly and treated us like family. We enjoyed speaking with her. She offered to bring us cookies when she cooked a new batch. We got them ourself, but they were delicious! Room was nice and we got a good nights sleep!

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

The pillows were uncomfortable. And the people in the next room were loud. And the coffee maker did work, missing parts. Staff was informed of these items on our departure.

The rooms were clean, and well taken care of. Staff was receptive.to our needs, and needing a area for parking our truck an trailer.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

Pool was down for maintenance but not communicated at check in, primary reason we selected the property. The water in the toilet was hot, very disconcerting, couple that with pool and it made you wonder what else could be amiss.

Staff very cordial, if lacking in content.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

Room, bed, bathroom.

The bed was not good. Not sure the sheet had been washed. Arrived late and they put in a handicap room. I would been happier sleepingon the car.

There was a mix up with the payment process.

Very clean rooms and the beds were very comfortable.

The rooms were tired and worn out

Coffee was ok

• Queen Room - Disability Access

The room was outfitted for a disabled person. Was not told I was getting that type of room. No closet. Racks behind curtains.

The breakfast

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Staff was friendly, made me want to come back. room was clean, breakfast was very good

hair on towel

the bed was comfortable, staff was great

No blanket just comforter which is too heavy

Friendly

Heatings/cooling

Staff

No heater in the room the 2nd night, it was -8degrees celsius outside

All was good

Friendly service and location

When will the Plymouth/Greene area be back to normal?

It was convenient.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Loved avoiding Washtenaw and state street traffic

• King Room with Sofa Bed

There was not enough Handicap parking close to the hotel!

Breakfast was very good!

• Queen Room

Beds were comfortable coffe was good Staff friendly Place clean all very important!!

Staff was friendly.

Clean and comfy.

• Queen Room

Small thing, but I really appreciated the night light...haven't run across that before. Also, comfortable bed, nice TV, convenient parking.

Breakfast could offer a non-dairy milk with the cereal.

Staff was SUPER friendly and accomodating. Would stay here again.

No ramp for strollers or wheelchair in the cafeteria.

I'm pretty happy with the service, the room was clean and comfortable .

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

The rooms were a bit to small and there wasn't a hot tub.

I liked the clean, friendly environment.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

The breakfast omelets

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Hotel was very nice, clean and updated. Staff was very helpful and friendly.

The Applebees resturant being connected to the hotel was a big plus for us.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

The housekeeping staff and desk staff were exceptionally friendly. Very comfortable home away from home

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

water in room would be great

Staff sooo helpful

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

WiFi was slow

Quiet.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Staff was very friendly and accommodating! Breakfast was great! Room very clean and warm! Location very easy to find!

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Cold breeze through sliding doors at front while eating breakfast

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

very good staff

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

I wish the pool was open

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Just your typical warm breakfast. No frills but better than continental

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Not enough tables

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Very clean and modern. The staff were really nice!!! Location was perfect to be near U of M Medical Center.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Nice clean rooms, a decent breakfast, and a well-run hotel.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Bathroom too small and not enough counter space. Door very squeaky!!! Room just seemed too crowded.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

A little tired and fairly far from the downtown action. Plus a little overpriced.

Reliable Hampton Inn experience.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Staff made us feel like we were the most important people around!

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Breakfast was not great.

Nothing was great about this place.