Reviews of Hampton Inn Atlanta-North Druid Hills 3 stars

1975 North Druid Hills Road, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA

#139 of 250 hotels in Atlanta

The hotel was clean but the breakfast had something to be desired.

The breakfast could have been better. I bit into a biscuit that was ice cold. Yuck! The side access doors weren't working.

The bed mattress was firm. The room was clean. The staff was helpful and friendly. We were within walking distance to a CVS.

I would stay again.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

bacon & sausage would have been nice.Real glasses instead of plastic.

breakfast bar was very good. Help by front desk staff using Uber for the 1st time was great

Nice staff.

We were on the fourth floor. The air did not work. But the biggest problem were the huge palmetto bugs in our room. I know they're common down south, but we are not from there and we were on the fourth floor. We were given a new room but after that could not sleep.

Nice staff. And they reimbursed us for the room after an encounter with numerous palmetto bugs

When visiting Atlanta, I'll stay here.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My view was of the side parking lot. Not ideal but that's where I parked so at least I could see my car.

Very comfortable bed and pillows. Staff respects privacy

A well deserved and amazing stay!

If only they had a bar and restaurant. That will make this place more excellent. Visitors at times just want to stay and find all services under one roof.

Very welcoming and friendly staff. They would greet and engage us in conversations and that made Hampton Inn feel home away from home.Theater neatness of the rooms is top notch and the different varieties of choices for breakfast commendable. An awesomely amazing place to stay. I will do it again in the near future.

Proximity, cleanliness, nice free breakfast with paper and TV in the lobby area were all excellent.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

A neighboring guest apparently had a problem with her bill and loudly complained about in the hallway outside my door late at night, waking me up.

Free breakfast with multiple choices. Hot tea beverage available upon walk in.

Very nice hotel enjoyed the stay and would stay again

The parking is crazy ... I don’t understand how u can have people parking yur car and not have it together not a good look at all !!!!

Very nice hotel enjoyed the stay and would stay again

It looks old from the outside, probably wouldn't have picked it if driving by.

It was close enough to downtown, easy getting in and out, clean, beds were comfortable, and the continental breakfast was the cherry on top.

The hotel was adequate for our needs.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The gym equipment didn't work; this was disappointing because we chose this hotel so we could work out! And the detergent on the sheets and towels was inadequately rinsed. One of us got a severe case of contact dermatitis as a result.

The hotel was adequate for our needs. The breakfast was a plus!

overall stay was good, staff was friendly and room was clean

breakfast was understaffed and food was not brought out at timely fashion. We were told that breakfast was served until 10am however by 930am most of the food was gone and we were told that it would not be replaced.

overall stay was good, staff was friendly and room was clean

Try Hampton Inn! You'll be back.

I was very pleased,

The manager on duty was exceptionally responsive. He recognized that I was travelling with my mother and changed our room to minimize the external noise,

The housekeeping staff was the best they were so kind and...
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The front desk needed more training especially the guy that was checking us in. Checking out the staff was nicer and more knowledgeable.

The housekeeping staff was the best they were so kind and thoughtful. The breakfast was decent.

Strange man in our room and dirty sheets
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We just moved out of our place and needed o stay in a hotel for a few nights before we moved out of state. We checked in and the front desk lady gave us our room key. However when we opened the door to our room, a man was in there and looked at us crazy. Naturally we were frightened and confused. We told the front desk lady about this unpleasant encounter. The front desk lady was unsure as to why a man was in our room. She gave us another room. We get to the new room, and the sheets in the sofa bed were dirty and hadn't been changed. We called for housekeeping to change them. The front desk lady showed up after 20-30 minutes and said housekeeping was gone for the night. She handed us clean sheets to put on the sofa bed ourselves. Naturally we thought she was out of her mind. We'd paid almost $600 for that room for 3 days. I'm sorry, I'm not changing sheets in their hotel! We told her that we had just moved out of our place and was exhausted. She was going to find someone to put the sheets on because this room should have been cleaned upon our check in. We also reminded her she initially checked us into a room that was obviously occupied. She was reluctant but changed the sheets. There was ample parking but it was difficult to get into at night. Security guards out orange cones everywhere. I guess the parking lot has cars there that don't belong to the hotel guests. A few night the cones were obstructing the entrance and there was no security guard to move them. So we had to do this ourselves. Overall this hotel was pretty bad. I definitely would not stay there again and would go somewhere nicer and more professional.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Old, small, not very nice building.

Old, small, not very nice building. Some good personnel but also a couple rude and careless ppl. Below average breakfast. Swimmingpool is a joke. Really small room.

Worst night ever

They put us on the first room on the first floor next to the reception. Worst night ever! You hear people talking loud and especially people moving stuff from 3 in the morning... the room is actually next to the breakfast spot that starts at 6 AM. So good luck to sleep! And during the check out, nothing to compensate that, just the girl smiling saying ho they did not warn you?

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Murphys Law

My reservation was messed up- charged my credit card twice-assistant manager was not helpful at all. Family was there for graduation- last day there our car was broken into, no security cameras in back of hotel. Two suitcases stolen with clothing and sentimental belongings. Trip ended on bad note. Poor customer service.

Clean room, decent price

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

A flamboyant welcome!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I liked the attention we received at time of check in. Tim Johnson was the night manager on duty. Tim was so welcoming to us. Even though he had more than one group in line, he handled the ringing phone, the customer ahead of us and then us in such a pleasant manner. He was like an octopus- he was taking care of more than one thing at a time, making eye contact with everyone and I was amazed at how pleasant he was even though it was a busy counter. He is an efficient manager who is all about making you feel welcome with a twist of flamboyancy!! Tim, thank you. Don't ever change!

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Under construction - No warning when booking made!

Hotel under construction - parking and entrance was very bad! When arrived water off due to construction and very dirty when water restored later! Hotel was nice otherwise - but felt rates should have been reduced due to construction!!!!!

Staff was friendly, room was clean and comfortable!

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Great and helpful staff, great vibe, comfortable location, great breakfast
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The rooms are absolutely fine, but perhaps could use an upgrade.

Lots of choices . . . and healthy choices too. I travel a lot for business, and you can tell when a place is being managed well. This place knows how to hire well. The staff couldn't be nicer, and they all get along. Very positive atmosphere!

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Enjoyed my stay at the Hampton Inn

I thought the hotel didn't have an inviting appearance, but that's probably because of the remodeling. There was a mix up on what room I was in when I got there, which was a little time consuming and frustrating.

The staff were very friendly and the overall cleanliness was good!

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Beware the funny math at the front desk!
    • King Room with Accesible Bath Tub - Non-Smoking

Quita at the front desk originally tried to charge me about $200.00 more for my room than booking.com did. She did correct that, but then still wound up charging me more than booking.com did. I tried to correct the problem before I checked out, but the staff was most unhelpful. One of the people seemed to imply that booking.com was at fault. Booking.com insisted that that Hampton Inn was at fault. Booking.com claimed they tried to contact the manager of the hotel to correct this, but were repeatedly told that he (or she) was unavailable. The Hampton Inn claims that there is always a manager available. Fyi to both organizations: passing the buck and lying to the customer is unprofessional! Ultimately, I was charged $20.00 more than the quote I received from booking.com. Obviously one of two things happened: (1) The Hampton Inn cheated me, or (2) Booking.com forgot to add in some sort of tax and didn't want to admit it. It wouldn't had mattered if I had stayed at Buckingham Palace. The abysmal customer service I received from both organizations really turned me off. Fortunately, living in the social media age affords me the opportunity to alert as many people as possible so that no one else goes through what I did.

Breakfast buffet

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

It's Like Being Home At The Hampton Inn!
    • King Room with Accesible Bath Tub - Non-Smoking

1.The friendliness of "all" of the front desk staff! 2. The "I am here to serve you" attitude conveyed by the staff. For example, upon check-in, I was provided a bottle of water, directed to coffee/tea, and fruit. 3. The housekeeping staff was courteous and responsive! 4. The breakfast was "delicious! The service

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Next time we are in Atlanta, we will try a different Hampton Hotel.

Breakfasts were not as good as other Hamptons. Not enough variety...I.E. Sausage everyday instead of switching it out with bacon, more variety needed with sweet rolls. (There were none of those cinnamon rolls we get everywhere else-yum!). The room needs updating in comparing it to the many other Hamptons that we have stayed in over the years. The biggest annoyance was the fact that we booked online a favorable price and also agreed to be refunded if we cancelled the room, however, we were charged more than the agreed online price once we arrived!! Not a fair and honest business practice!

Such comfortable beds!!! For that reason as well as the large breakfasts, we always stay at the Hampton Hotel when we travel!

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Great price for a good nights rest.
    • King Room with Accesible Bath Tub - Non-Smoking

The front desk clerk could have been more professional. He was too focused on women's shoes, to check me in promptly.

The bed was VERY comfortable. I liked the contemporary style room. The continental breakfast was a good morning starter.

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

Convenient

Staff talking on cell phone while I was waiting to check in. Still can't get a detailed receipt, was checked out by the security guard.........

Convenient

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

Nice Hotel but charged extra fee for no reason
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Having to pay an extra $10.00 we were never told about nor was on our booking. When asked why we were charged, was told that is just what you do. Very poor PR

Room was clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Very nice place to stay
    • King Room with Accesible Bath Tub - Non-Smoking

I was quoted a price and when I checked out there was a $5.00 per day "fee" added to the bill. Desk attendant said that was a fee that was charged by all motels/hotels in Atlanta. Not happy with hidden up-charges. When our group started looking for places to stay and rates we were quoted on line; $139.00/$125.00 and $109.00. I will be a little more cautious in the future.

Everything was great. Room, bath, bed, breakfast all were very nice and convenient for our weekend activity.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Just okay
    • King Room with Accesible Bath Tub - Non-Smoking

It was to expensive for the location and condition of the room. The shower had no pressure and the shower head would not stay up. There was holes in the bathroom wall and an old rusted tissue dispenser in the wall. It was more like a 65.00 hotel room not 149.00

The bed was comfortable room appeared clean

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

Wheelchair customer put on 4 th Floor!
    • King Room with Accesible Bath Tub - Non-Smoking

I asked for handicap room..well in advance. When we arrived at3:00 pm there were none available. We were put on 4 th floor. My husband is in a wheelchair and cannot walk! Thank goodness we didn't have a fire drill or worse ....something would happen and couldn't use elevator!

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Comfortable but no wifi
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No wifi available in our room which is a deal breaker for me. We were told..'sorry that is one of our dead rooms'. Same thing happened when we stayed there a year ago. If they can't fix it in this time frame, there is no reason to return. We will not be going back to this hotel.

Easy access just off the interstate. Rooms are comfortable. Decent breakfast.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

I wasn't satisfied with the condition of bathroom
    • King Room with Accesible Bath Tub - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the bathroom it should've been a lot cleaner the sink water faucet didn't work I was,annoyed by that and the washcloths should been white white instead of dinghy white

Bed was comfortable

Staff was amazing!
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Breakfast foods couldve been better

Staff was amazing!

hospitality.

eggs were dry. biscuits were overcooked.

hospitality. coffee.

Pretty good hotel.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Not as clean as I would like.

Great price and location.

I truly enjoyed my stay here and will book again if I’m back in the area.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Didn’t like how the bathroom door was set up.

Comfortable bed, nice location, cleanliness was my top concern, decent space

I always stay here when I visit Atlanta.

The breakfast could have been better.

The staff was very friendly. The room was comfortable. I really like the beds and linens.

Everything was awesome jefrey at the front desk and leticia on breakfast were friendly and beautiful

Nothing everything was awesome

Rooms were clean
    • King Room with Accesible Bath Tub - Non-Smoking

Wallpaper peeling, took water a long time to drain

Rooms were clean

Bed and pillows were wonderful

The mirror was too close and the water pressure was not good.

Bed and pillows were wonderful

Can't beat the price for the location, free breakfast,...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Can't beat the price for the location, free breakfast, and clean rooms. This is my new go-to hotel in ATL.

The front staff was very pleasant and friendly as also was...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The front staff was very pleasant and friendly as also was the housekeeper. A

Close to Downtown & Georgia Aquarium

Close to Downtown & Georgia Aquarium

Everything was nice

Everything was nice

Okay

My overall trip was ok.
    • King Room with Accesible Bath Tub - Non-Smoking

I came about 30 min before breakfast was over and there was nothing but biscuits and oatmeal and juice but it is ok.

My overall trip was ok.

I wouldn’t return. An argument ensued between my fiancé and front guest attendant. He was very rude.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was rude. Also offered false information.

The manager ,Tim , was very nice and helpful.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The manager ,Tim , was very nice and helpful.

Good place to stay.

The pillows

Fine room, clean, breakfast was ok for US standaerts.

Friendly,clean and comfortable I definitely would stay there again.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We had 3 in a room that said four could stay in. Not so if all are adults.

Comfort,clean and the breakfast was great!!!!

Small parking lot on a slope

Small parking lot on a slope

I really liked the customer service, they are really nice...

I really liked the customer service, they are really nice and helpful. Also, the rooms were so clean and it looked so beautiful.

the bed and pillows were comfy, the room was very clean, and...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

the bed and pillows were comfy, the room was very clean, and the aesthetics were great. complimentary breakfast was cherry on top. great stay.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Great location to shop.

Great location to shop.

Had a nice stay. Friendly staff and clean room.

The pillows were too fluffy.

The beds were very comfy.

Great location. Quaint and cozy.

Okay.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Difficulty exiting the property.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was small, and the bathroom was difficult to move...

The room was small, and the bathroom was difficult to move around in and is not suited for a family of four.

Great hotel, location, value

Great hotel, location, value

Wonderful
    • King Room with Accesible Bath Tub - Non-Smoking

The morning kitchen staff and the night clerks were very helpful.

North Druid Hills Atlanta
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The property was nice it's just an older building the bathroom door was right on top of the toilet

It was very conveniently located

Location excellent.

Location excellent. Close to I-85

Over all it was good
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The pool was dirty and it smelled bad and the tv only worked in the morning

Small parking lot.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Small parking lot. Had to pull really hard to close my door.

The refrigerator was not clean.

The refrigerator was not clean. Food from last guest was still in there plus the room smells the rotting food

Wonderful staff, great breakfast

TV

Wonderful staff, great breakfast

never again
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Small room, bathroom exhaust fan not working, old room, bad internet connection, breakfast can improve quality.

Staff helpful
    • King Room with Accesible Bath Tub - Non-Smoking

noice from machine like blower?

Staff helpful

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Everything was perfect.

No complaints whatsover

Everything was perfect.

Your breakfast very poor
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Real juices not from powder

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Good stay

See above

Bed was not comfortable

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

We had an awesome time!

The pool was closed, and it's tiny!

We had the best Manager. Tim Johnson was great! Clean rooms, helpful staff!

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Awesome
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The price could have been cheaper

The breakfast was awesome

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

I WANT TO GIVE YOU A BLOW JOB

People talking about blow jobs so loud you could hear them in your room

Staff was nice

This is the smile zone

Wendy at the front desk was very friendly and a joy to speak with.