Reviews of Hampton Inn Atlanta Perimeter Center 3 stars

769 Hammond Drive, Atlanta, GA 30328, USA

#91 of 250 hotels in Atlanta

One machine in the gym did not work properly and when we needed to dry some clothes. The dryer was broken.

Even with the issues we had the staff was very accommodating and did what they could to make up for it.

I love that it was centered around shopping malls and not far from popular landmarks and nightlife. Very convenient and the staff showed us plenty of hospitality!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was clean and very close to many shopping areas and restaurants. The breakfast in the morning was great! The night manager (J....) was very helpful to me by telling about the area and activities to do in area and around. The night manager and crew was very nice and professional. The house keeping was excellent on what you needed. Overall, I would soon return to this protecual hotel. I am very pleased.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff at the front desk told us we did not have a reservation. Then started talking about Booking.com as if they were totally unreliable. We were not able to pull up the confirmation email from Hampton Inn at the time, but called Booking.com to verify. In the meantime, Hampton Inn actually sent us to another hotel in the area. Then they called us back to tell us that Booking.com had "just sent the reservation" to them. She told us we would be charged if we did not come back. I have used Hampton Inn many times in different cities and never experienced anything of this sort.

• Queen Room with Disability Access - Non-Smoking

For the price, the breakfast could have been included to bump up the value. If not that, perhaps lowering the price for breakfast slightly. $15 on top of the room rate was a bit steep, enough to make us not go for the breakfast on site.

• King Room - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

There's not much more I could not like about the hotel. Everything was to my satisfaction.

I like the convenience of the hotel. I was just minutes off the interstate. The breakfast was totally a treat, well worth getting up early for.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

there was a dead ladybug in the bathroom at arrival. Heat in room was hard to work. Needs a little updating.

Waffles were really good. Staff was helpful. Good location. Beds were very comfortable

The fact that I was told online that I can book first then pay later. My stay was for 11/10-12 the total charged my card on 11/9. When I got to the hotel I was then told that my payment for the second night didn't go through which it did because the payment was still pending on my account. We stayed the first night being that we got in after 10 pm, then checked out and stayed at a Marriott location which we booked first then paid when we got there. This was a horrible birthday experience and inconvenience because I don't like my money being tied up and then being asked to pay again for the same location. Will never stay at a Hilton location again, will stick with Marriott like I was recommended to in the beginning.

• Queen Room with Disability Access - Non-Smoking

We did not have any complaints

Loved all the staff. The front desk lady was very busy checking several people in at once. She remained calm, courteous and friendly. The breakfast staff was also kind and kept the breakfast filled with fresh fruit and, of course, waffles!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

can't rate it yet we didn't get to go at last minute my husband had to go to hospital. but was charged for the room and didn't use it .i'm hoping they will help me out by giving me some back time will tell

• King Room - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

In 3 weeks we STILL have NOT received our money back. General Manager still has NOT contacted me and I get nothing but a run around. Charged my cc an additional $250.00. now have to drive all the way back and charge them with theft!

This place was clean, friendly staff and great breakfest, however, they stole money from my cc by over charging me.

The A/C controls were lacking. It was either off - still air - or on - which froze us out. There was no ability to leave just the fan blowing.

The staff was very friendly, the continental breakfast was standard, and the room was very clean. Even with so many people there it was quiet down the hallways.

• Queen Room with Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The bed was not to my liking. However, I do sleep on a premium bed at my home. I did wake up sore from sleeping on this bed. Also, the water pressure in the shower was weak.

The hotel was within a mile of the Dunwoody MARTA station. The staff were super responsive, friendly and informative. The room was very clean and large. The air conditioning unit was not very loud.

• King Room - Disability Access/Bath Tub

Noisy guests kept us up the first two nights. Police were on our floor the following morning, presumably removing them. It was hard to get places because most times a U turn was required out of the property on a busy street. There were no restaurants within walking distance One day our room wasn't cleaned and on another we had no wash cloths Night clerk couldn't help me with the printer in r he business center.

I was able to park close. The room was clean The lady taking care of the breakfast area was extremely nice and helpful. She brought juice to my wife when the machine had run out.

• King Room - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

I like the location. It was across the street from the doctor I was seeing. I thought Booking.com was giving me the best price. It did not. Also, Booking.com did not originally supply me with me with adjoining rooms. (I rented two rooms.)

I was charged for an extra night . There was a mix up during check in when we asked to split total cost with two people. Both cards were charged but my visa hand an extra night charge . I stayed 2 and was charged for 3 .

I liked the quick highway access as well as the area.

One, of the two, elevators didn't work during my 3 day stay. The Staff (housekeeping and maintenance) had an odd habit of charging into the elevator the second the doors opened which was a problem if you were inside stepping out. They always said sorry and stepped back but it happened more than 5-% of the times I tried to get off. It was just weird.

Nice and clean

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was OK--felt like I had to scrounge a little bit to find a quality breakfast. If you snag the berries from the waffle topping section and add it to the yogurt, you can actually make yourself a healthy breakfast.

When staying in Atlanta, I like to choose the perimeter locations because of the value. The little bit of an extra drive into the city cuts your hotel bill into a fraction of the midtown cost. It's a little bit like the economy comfort section in an airplane. Not first class like the Loews or Ritz Carlton, but a good quality hotel for a surprisingly good price. The Hampton Inn and the Westin are my two go-to perimeter locations. They have everything that you need and nothing that you don't. The room size, comfort, and relax-ability ratings are all good--the staff is friendly enough, and both parking and breakfast are free. For the price we paid, I was happy that we were getting a good value, and we were only about a 10-20 minute drive from everywhere in the city.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

I like the sausage patties on the breakfast menu. On (Sunday) there was no meat but potatoes instead (ugh!!!).

Comfortable ambience. Always like the Hampton pillows.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast had variety of choices to meet every taste whether you are watching your weight or just wanted to eat as you pleased regardless of calorie count. Not a fan of turkey sausage so skipped this item. The room was very comfortable. Was glad we had a couch to sit on and watch TV instead of just one chair. I would recommend this hotel and would gladly stay there again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

due to my having a mobility scooter and only plug available room wise was in bathroom,made walking around in room a little less easy.

bed was fine , it had memory foam on it , room was good . ac/heat work very good , breakfast was awesome -- scrambled eggs one day with bacon , next day omelets and sausage , then omelets with bacon ... also had waffles with all kind of fixing -- chocolate chips real blue berries , M&MS , to name a few , also had fresh fruit cut up to on waffles or eat by them self, coffee was very good choice of type , staff was very helpful and friendly. Ms.Jenny provided helpful info on Good places to eat for other meals.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

It seems hotels are now forgoing drapes on the room windows - it was gauze curtains only, despite the lights outside. It wasn't as bad as it could have been, and they must get expensive to replace, but this trend needs to stop. The mode selection on the shower head was extremely stiff, but that may have been the doing of a previous renter. Finally, you have to look on the web to find nearby food joints and whatnot, as this location is in a hilly business district where almost nothing is obvious from the road. This also made access just a bit rough, though not problematic.

The bed was very comfortable, cleanliness and maintenance were consistently excellent, and the staff were all outstanding. Plus, Hampton's breakfast is always great, right down to the self-serve Belgian waffle irons.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

This location wAs being remodeled. Dusty, dirty, not pleasing to look at, very little water pressure, carpet nails in room, main floor bathroom not working. Very unpleasant stay. I thought we would be offered compensation. I left my complaints at the front desk before I left and was told she would make a note of it in the computer.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

I don't like that I do not yet have a receipt for my stay. The desk clerk informed me at checkout I would receive a receipt from Booking.com - Well! Where is it?

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

They were in the process of renovating so on my 4th day, i did hear the construction going on. It wasnt too unpleasant and it was fairly quick.

I loved everything. Perfect for an extended stay. The rooms are well kept and everything is neat.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The property was having work done. The elevator almost quit on me and some noise but other then that it was a great stay and I will stay again.

Comfortable rooms, friendly staff.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not knowing the property was under renovation until I arrived. My room changing from request. My credit card being charged $25.00 without my knowledge. I was told about the 25.00 charge while checking out.

The staff was rude. Cutting you off in mid sentence, very dry in responding, having a don't care attitude. I'm a customer service supervisor and the way I was treated was rated below a 1. This property needs friendlier staff asap! Especially working front desk! Housekeeping was very very nice by the way!!

Cleanliness of the room was awesome!!

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

House keeping was rude and did not have any towels to give us. Not to mention, she did not understand English that well so when me and my partner asked for towels she acted as if she did not know what we were saying. So how can you work in Housekeeping and you don't know what a customer means when she or he asks for a towel?

Everything except the housekeeping very rude

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The lobby, corridors, elevators, and common areas were a bit dirty. The comforter wasn't very breathable (felt very synthetic). There wasn't a closet or hangers for my business attire so I had to drape the clothes from my suitcase around the room and then no iron to the wrinkles.

The location was close to the meeting

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Internet connectivity can improve. The staff was kind of sad and cold, almost ignoring the guests

Great room with comfy beds and desk. Great for work, good for leisure.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

The bathroom needs to be upkept better

The room was okay. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was well supplied as there were many guests. The bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

I was over charged for my stay I told the lady at the front desk when I was checking out and she didnt do any thing I also called the Hotel when I got home and the Manager Patricia was going to call me back after two call back still she has not call me back. Booking.com booked this for me.

I like the location and the free breakfast and the room is always clean .

A little more variety for breakfast would be great. Overall it was ok we just made waffles each morning. The eggs were a little too fluffy and there was no meat sub for those that don't eat pork.

The staff was extremely friendly. I requested an early check in at the last minute and my room was ready the very next morning! The hotel was more than accommodating and quiet the location was perfect.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Room service was poor, room condition was poor, location iffy but OK. Our room was not refreshed for a whole day & had to request that that room be cleaned.

Free coffee anytime.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff was excellent & helpful. We were going to a Braves game that night & the staff that repaired our sink also helped us with our plans with using Marta. He was Awesome! Room504, 7/15/16

The coffee in the lobby, comfortable bed, courteous staff and hot breakfast.

I just love the everything about the hotel.

Convenient

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Food wasn't very good. WiFi was horrible.

Friendly staff.

• Queen Room with Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Didn’t get to be on the top floor

Bed was comfortable

I enjoyed my stay. It met all of my expectations. The staff was very friendly and my experience upon check in was quite enjoyable.

• King Room - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

Seem old not modern enough

Price location parking was free

The bed was a little hard. TV was not high enough to watch comfortably from the bed.

The hallways and public areas were too hot!!!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds were of great size and comfort. The room was spacious and not enclosed or constricting. The bathroom was also very clean.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My breakfast had knats however a manager has not called me back from my call in complaint

I enjoyed the front desk receptionist the night I checked in

I would have liked complimentary bottles of water in the refrigerator.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Would have been nice to have had an indoor hot tub.

Room was very comfortable. Loved the bed and bedding!

Preferred ground floor accomidations

Convenience to destination for my trip business

N/a

The bed is awesome!

N/a

Staff was fantastic and very accommodating, and the included breakfast the next morning was wonderful!

The Times they clean the rooms

Comfortable

They need shorter curtains so you can keep the light out at night

The people were very nice

How it cost3 dollars for a soda or gum even 3 dollars for a 79 cent piece of candy.

• Queen Room with Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The bed was so comfy. I slept so good before my exam.

Everything was perfect

Nice over all

breakfest from paper/plastic plates facility is old far away from centre

easy accesable by highway

• Queen Room with Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The hotel double charged my card

Really nice enjoyed it

Room is so nice, clean, smells good, good quality. Very easy check in and check out! Excellent.

The staff. The front,desk people were wonderful and so helpful and accomadating

Direct tv

The bed,pillows, coffee, ALL EMPLOYEES,

Rude staff, had a discrepancy that was handled poorly

• King Room - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

Convenient location - within a mile to restaurants, shopping, and Marta. Very clean, staff very friendly

Hot elevator

Friendly staff

Leak under sink, thin, unadjustable curtains parking lot light lit room up all night

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

To clean the room properly

The lady did not clean the room as expected.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast food could use a little work, but if you're hungry, it'll do.

The staff was friendly and the rooms were nice.

Everything was great

I liked the location

Breakfast was great.Close to the interstate.

Breakfast was not very good. No view of the beautiful city.

Clean a comfortable. Quiet

I liked everything about Hampton and Ms. Jenny she was wonderful one of the staff that told us about different thongs and places we could go.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

We were charged more money than I agreed to on Booking.com