Reviews of Hampton Inn Atlanta-Stone Mountain 3 stars

1737 Mountain Industrial Boulevard, Stone Mountain, GA 30083 , USA

#5 of 8 hotels in Stone Mountain

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It is a little hard to find the entrance tucked behind Hardy's. The mapquest keeps turning you into the bowling alley. It would be nice to have a sign at the light.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom apparently hadn't been completely cleaned/prepared when we arrived. No toilet paper, a room key card on the floor, hair strands on the floor, etc. When asked, never received a definitive answer that the room had been cleaned by the housekeeping staff. Reported the problems at checkout and the desk clerk apologized but didn't really seem to care.

Breakfast was okay and overall the facility was okay.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The pool not open all else was great

Liked everything but we were very disappointed that the pool wasn't open, it appears that they were not prepared for the season, the weather was hot&muggy and the pool would've been great

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

I prefer to get my bill the night before I leave . We left at 3:30 am in the morning and so didn’t receive a hotel bill nor receipt of payment. I did see that our credit card was charged.

The room was quite big

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was a religious "guest" confronting EVERYONE in the lobby, initiating conversations & soliciting them to join him for Bible Study, or watch a basketball game. I didn't want to be rude but he was quite a nuisance. At first I thought he worked for the hotel. He needed to be reprimanded by the hotel staff for harassing the guests.

Breakfast was okay. Upon check-in the desk associate had much helpful info about future booking & on-line info for selecting hotels. Very informative & made me decide to ALWAYS book with Hampton Inn.

• King Study Room with Sofa bed

there could have been a hairdryer in the room but wasn't. I asked when this was booked if the hotel was located inside stone mountain park and was told yes. to my dismay it was not. if i had known this i would not have booked it there.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Again more washer/dryers for guests to use would have been nice. Paid in full for my stay upon check in. Next day I was mistakenly charged for another day and now waiting for my $$$$🙀

Rooms were updated. Gym was decent. Would have been more helpful if washer/dryers were available for each floor rather than 1 set for all the guests to use.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The carpet need to be changed really outdated, the bathtub had a slow drain and the tv remote stop working.

the front desk staff was very pleasant and check in was fast And easy. The bed were very comfortable. The location was excellent, not eating places near by and easy access to the highway.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

to me everything was perfect, only the distance to visit friends was very hard.

eggs were perfect, the bed was very comfortable, only one was squeekly. more fruits every day because I like my fruits every morning.

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access and Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Not a thing One of the elevator was out of order

I only stay one night That's how bad it was But paid for two. And couldn't get my money back

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Kinda noisy outside in the a.m. Walls are kinda thin, as we kept hearing the children next door. The heating/air unit in the bedroom kinda had a funny smell.

Check in was easy and the guy who checked me in was very courteous and engaging.(hate that i cant recall his name). Hotel close to the interstate. Room was spacious and clean. Loved that the suite had two tv's and could be closed off for privacy. Bed was comfy and Directv offered pretty good entertainment.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast had zero protein options such as eggs, sausage, bacon or any other meat. There were a few yogurts but they were low in protein. The toilet paper was the thinnest toilet paper I have ever experienced so it would be my recommendation to upgrade that. Otherwise everything was great.

Clean and friendly

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Shower was old and the floor of it was cracked and discolored. ( it looked clean thankfully) Breakfast was very basic. 1st day only 2 juice choices then the 2nd day down to one. If you enjoy fresh fruit for breakfast better bring it with you.

Nice size rooms. Very friendly staff. 10 mins to get to Stone Mt. clean rooms and everywhere had a neutral/freshness/no smell to it. ( unlike some hotels in the area ) also very quiet never heard any nosie from other rooms or the street. Love the usb and regular plug in to chage phones and tablets right on the night stand next to the bed.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was horrible they were out of almost everything 45 mts before the closing time and trying to get someone to help was impossible once they did they were extremely slow

• King Study Room with Sofa bed

The hallways sometimes had a bad smell like in the carpet. Only bring good breakfast and toppings on weekdays.

All employees were friendly. Room was nice and clean.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

very loud guests in the the room next to mine for quite some time, also banging of their door when closing it. All of this taking place when trying to sleep in the earlier part of the night, it was quite disturbing.

The bed was quite comfortable.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

well its just one thing need to bee work on ,when we have to put deposit like 50.00 off are card and it don't come back on the card that's not good .So we need to work on it little more and make it right.its a nice place to be.

I like the way the staff would great you with a smile on there face. But most of all just make you feel happy to be there .I will tell my friends about this places and I will blog on my business page about the hotel that I stay in . But I will like to come back and do more business at the hotel, and let more my business partner know the hotel. I will be coming back before New Years to the hotel for more business and fun to. thank you.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel needs a refurb including paint and new carpet. Definitely not as nice as other Hampton's we've stayed at -- no pillow top mattress or plush pillows, threadbare towels. Does not deserve three stars in AAA guide.

No comment

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

It was noisy late at night because the noise carried so easily.

It was a very comfortable room. My only complaint was that I could hear other guests more than I wanted to. We will stay there again next time we come.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They added a $50.00 charge to my credit card. When asked why, was told by several associates that the charge was for “incidentals”. Example being damages to room, missing bath accessories and room accessories. Was told the charge would not come off my card if everything was fine, in 3-5 days. We will see. They also told us thus was a a charge very common in the Hotel world. Really? Never heard that line before.

Waffles. Eggs were packaged powder eggs with ham bits. Disgusting.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our room was in a busy area. Doors closed loudly. Also, it was first floor beside the pool which meant anyone outside could easily see into the room since the curtains were only for decoration and not useful.

The room was comfortable. The breakfast was fresh, and the cook staff were friendly and helpful. The front desk staff were professional and service was quick.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

my room was not cleanedwhen I returned the day before I checked out. I had to be removed from my room to another room because it could not be cleaned. awful.breakfast selections boring.

bed was very comfortable. my room location away from elevator was honored.

Front desk not accommodating, would not give me my Hilton Honors points because reservation was made through booking.com even though I was on the Hilton members site when I made the reservation. I have silver status but didn't receive any of the perks. Not happy, it is still their property and they got their money so I should have been treated as a loyal customer rather than someone who just walked in off the street.

Free breakfast

Our refrigerator didn't work. Our air conditioning went out on the next to last day.

The staff was cheerful and friendly. The breakfast was fabulous. The room was very comfortable. The location was great.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast should be more kid friendly. I did not get a printed receipt when I checked out...said one would be emailed to me because I booked on line....still have not gotten one. I stayed 2 nights instead of one. Price to high.

Breakfast provided was good.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The beds in our room was not comfortable which made it hard to get a restfull night sleep. Check in is at 3pm we arrived at 4pm was told that we did not have a ready and would have to wait until they had a room empty and cleaned, we were not the only family that was told that you would have to wait for a room.

The rooms were clean. The halls were quite at night. The staff is friendly.

• King Study Room with Sofa bed

The laundry ran out of towels each day and didn't bring them up until the evening, the first couple of days was great but then a family reunion came in and there were people running up and down the hall all night making noise. Manager would not take anything off our bill for the inconvenience because we booked through you.

Room was nice and cool, semi clean close to Stone Mountain. The town is lovely there. Quiet little town. Tucker was nice too.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I left some earrings in room. I called 3 times, 1st time was told to call back, 2nd time a report was taken and was told I would get a call back, never received one, 3rd call was told a manager would be involved and would call back once again never heard from anyone. Did not appreciate that level of customer service.

Courtesy of staff and friendliness

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Actually wish the pool had been bigger to accommodate more folks , maybe another pool for children not as deep . The air conditioner in our room was not very quite , but other than that all was fine . Oh yes ,we did have a problem with our keys but that was corrected, and the one side door, no ones' keys would work , it had a problem.

We found the room nice and bed comfy but the air conditioner was a bit loud and annoying . The staff was very friendly and helpful !! As we walked through the hallway , if passing a staff member they would always say hello and ask how we were that day . The breakfast was the norm for Hampton Inn , sometimes I wish you would surprise us with something different . I loved the uplifting signs, snuggled in on the counter with the food . The staff member who took care of the breakfast , was very friendly and did a wonderful job! The hotel was full of families with children, so it was pretty busy at breakfast time . We pretty much grabbed a cup of coffee , but that was fine for us . It was fun though watching the children enjoying their breakfast ! Thank you a nice stay !! Our greeting when we first arrived was as pleasant as when we departed -

Food shortage quite often at breakfast, had to wait for replenishments. The last night there was shortage of towels and face cloth, supply for 1 only instead of for 2.

The bed was comfortable, room was clean and spacious

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The worst part of the stay was the night's sleep. The beds were like solid rocks. The hot breakfast needed a little work I.e. Greasy bacon and processed eggs. But found other things to eat.

All Good!

Perfect place for dinner and going to Lazer Light show at Stone Mountain Park. Staff and facilities were excellent-friendly, accommodating and helpful.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Only one elevator in the middle of the hotel. You have to walk down a long hallway away from the reception area to get to it.

Although I did not try the breakfast, it was busy every morning. The staff was excellent and friendly. The room was comfortable and clean.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The elevator was broken down the first night and our luck the exit door was right across from our room !!! This door clanged every few mins. We were hoping for a good nights rest but ever time we closed our eyes someone else would come in or go out !! I talked to the front desk and all they said was oh we are sorry !!! But to top it off we paid 109.00 for our room and the couple checking in in front of us got there room for 49.00. That is a lot of differences.Whats that about ? The hotel its self was great but the staff could have been a little helpful !!!

The room and the entire Hotel was very clean ! The pool was very nice !

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The whole place smelled like urine and cleaning products. The floors we all sticky including the carpet in my room. It was damp and muggie inside the whole time. I will never stay there again.

?

The food was hot and the attendant was very observant and helpful. Enjoy the breakfast not your usual "just" powder eggs, just enjoyed it very much....

We had to use a roll away bed. It was big enough but mattress not comfortable at all. Springs could be felt through the mattress. The lighting in the room could have been brighter.

One elevator wasn't working properly and we were happy they took it out of commission instead of letting people continue to use it. The staff were very courteous especially the servers at breakfast. The staff was quick to clean up the elevator floors where food from the breakfast buffet was frequently dropped as guests took it to their rooms.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Upon arrival at 2:45pm we were told it would be an hour or so before we could get in our rooms, I explained we had a 95th birthday party to be at 4:30pm and wanted to freshen up before we went as we had traveled quite a long way, and could we use another room for that, they said no but they could give us two other rooms not a joining, I explained that did not help as we wanted a joining rooms. Then the phone rang we waited for 10mins before the call was over, said he would check to see how long before our rooms were ready, two or three other parties came in and got their rooms right away. When I asked why ours were not ready he said they were very busy the night before (not sue what that had to do with us),another call finally they said our rooms would be ready in a few mins, We waited about 1 hour, I think when you know someone has already booked the room you should have it cleaned right away. Later that night when we got back wanted a coffee none in pots, said they would make us some 20 mims later no coffee we went to our rooms. Other than that everyone was very nice room was ok but I will not book with Hampton Inn again, on the way up and back we stayed with Holiday Express, and we will book direct.

Breakfast was great. The bed was comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly which made the stay wonderful. The front desk was accommodating. I had reserved 4 rooms. One of our reservations was messed up and very inconvenient for my daughter and her family. At 11 PM after arriving at the hotel with 2 little kids they had to find another hotel. I made that reservation in November of 2016. There should have been more effort to contact me when the credit card declined at 6 PM and the reservation was canceled. Fortunately she had a rental car and a phone and could find another hotel on her own. Having her stay at a different hotel separated her from the rest of the family.

The front desk "upgraded" us to an uncleaned room which housekeeping didn't have on their list. The thermostat in the main room of our suite didn't work.

The location is easy to acccess and close to Stone Mtn Park. The staff is friendly and quick to address issues.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

• King Study Room with Sofa bed

I didn't like that fact that I spent a thousand dollars staying at the hotel and I was in my suite four days and on my fifth day as I go to pay for my room I was told I couldn't because someone else had already booked it online and it was no where near check out time so I'm not understanding how someone was able to book it whether I only paid one day or not . I should be able to pay for my room day by day . That policy is very irritating and can or would cause the company to loose business because it's such an inconvenient I could be in a rush and don't have time to switch rooms. I think the company should really reconsider that particular policy.

I like the fact that some of the staff was very nice and housekeepers does a wonderful job with making sure you stocked and have clean items

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

It smelled like chemicals. They were using strong chemicals to clean and it smelled super weird.

The bed was awesome. I do wish the rook had a bathtub instead of just a shower.

Except for stone mountain the hotel wasn't close to anything. Very limited amount of restaurants in the area. I was woke up by staff to see if my room had a hair dryer..I had a do not disturb on the door. When coming back to the hotel between 930-1000pm there seemed to be a family reunion dinner in the breakfast area which was the lobby.

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The family next to me. I think solo travelers should get to live in an area without the family of 5.

Loved the bed. Wish I had more pillows but I know everything was booked. Stephen was super helpful and was willing to go the extra mile. Breakfast was pretty good. Didn't like the potatoes much, very tart.

• Reviewed: 22 June 2016

There was nothing I didn't like I love it

I love the breakfast and the cleanliness of the hotel and the staff was outstanding. I love the stay overAll . Stone mountain location is actually one of me and my favorite and I'm also a Hhhonors member

Stayed in May 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Close to Stone mountain. Good breakfast, friendly staff.

Small bathroom

Size of room

Most things

The location was in an industrial area and the bed was very lumpy

The centralized location to all venues in the area

The food could have been better. There was no hottub.

Quiet

King size bed

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was a little small.

It was a nice hotel. Located in a good spot near my main destination.

Neighborhood

Friendliest place ever!

Very friendly staff.

everything

another chair in the room

coffee could be better

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I did not have any complaints about the stay. I'll be back to stay again.

The facility way quiet and pleasant and breakfast was good.

Every thing was great

Close to work

Breakfast ran out quick. Minor maintenace issues.

Convienence

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

breakfast was crowded and blah

beds are comfy. room was clean

Every thing nice

Very pleasant the staff

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel needs updating. Bathroom was old and even after recleaning it still looked questionable...

Location was great

Nothing really

Conveinence, stars and strikes was in walking distance, family loved, close to everything we needed

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

I wish there was a closet with an iron.

I liked the size and layout of the bathroom and that their was a shower door. The comforter was comfy.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Could not find one thing to complain about.

The pillows were the pits.

Most everything.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Food and room a.c. leaked all over the floor had to change rooms

Hard as rocks

Overpriced

Old motel, not worth 100.00 a night. Maybe about 79.00 a night, but not 100.00

Not enough towels

Breakfeast was great, ad plenty of it

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The shower curtain rod sagged a bit causing the curtain to not fully cover the opening. A minor annoyance to an otherwise very nice suite.

House keeping was poor