Reviews of Red Roof Inn Augusta – Washington Road 2 stars

3030 Washington Road, Augusta, GA 30907, USA

#35 of 67 hotels in Augusta

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Did not like at all that payment was taken on day of arrival of an 8 day stay. I was splitting the bill with friend with me but total was taken out of my bank account that caused a big inconvenience to me.

Breakfast was very tasty and dinning room was clean

• Standard King Room - Smoking

Phone didn't work, need more stations on TV.

Didn't eat here, but the bed was great. The price was great. They had everything that I needed , iron and board, hair dryer.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was comfortable and the staff was friendly. There was no problem granting me a late checkout, I’m a truck driver and needed the extra rest to perform my job safely.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I had originally booked 2 rooms because my daughter and son n law were going with us, once we found out he couldn’t get off work I cancelled one room 2 weeks in advance before we even arrived I was charged for both rooms. Was told it could be up to a week before refund was issued.

Staff was nice, room was clean. Beds comfortable.

• Double Room with One Double Bed - Non-Smoking

The room rate was exorbitant for the size and amenities offered. In fairness, it was Masters week.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel was in close proximity to Augusta National.

• Deluxe King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Needed to go to 4 rooms before i found one with no cigarette smell. Check in was suppose to be at 3 but it was 4 before room was ready and 4 rooms later found the room. The second night they had a police car out front of our room trying to stop some disorderly couple on drugs.

Close to town

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The ice is so far away. But that depends on how bad you want it.

The beds are Super Comfy,and the rooms are Super Clean.The Red RoofInn is within walking distance to familiar restaurants. But about the staff here " They Rock" they are very polite and professional,and they represent this Red Roof Inn in AGA,they go beyond to satisfy there customers Thank you Ms Chawanda

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I love the value I got for my money and the staff is always amazing there! The bed was super comfortable and the room and bathroom was clean and you can tell their rooms up to date with maintenance and housekeeping.

• Standard King Room - Smoking

We didn't have a remote for the TV in our room, but the young lady at the front desk was very helpful and located a remote for us fairly quickly.

The property is located in a great location. The property is in the heart of Augusta, near many stores , bars, and restaurants. The breakfast was good but not too much variety.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No ice, lack of communication between staff. My check out was supposed to be at 1:00 p.m. I left my room and came back in between 11 & 12 and they were already cleaning my room out.

Bed was fluffy

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Didn't need the air conditioning because it was cool. I liked everything and the staff was very friendly and helpful in finding a good place for dinner.

I appreciated the breakfast items and the cleanliness.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I arrived in town shortly after 3pm and quickly checked in before a business meeting. I didnt return back to my room till late in the evening. I killed a huge cockroach on a midnight bathroom trip which made me further inspect the room only to discover food debris, a filthy carpet and a a dead bug behind the bathroom door. The experience elevated my anxiety levels. I’d traveled into Augusta with my sister and 13 month old child. I called the front desk to complain and spoke to Molly who didn’t seem surprised. She offered me another room, which I declined and requested to cancel the second day of my stay. I made sure to check out during Molly’s shift. When I booked this room, this Inn had a 4.3 rating on Booking.com. I’ll make sure to check reviews across several sites prior to booking ANYTHING through booking.com again.

Not a damn thing.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Had to change rooms as the first one was very unclean. dirty carpet, dirty laundry in the drawer, no toilet paper, no soap. Second room was much better

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Our room keys kept being deactivated. The WiFi rarely worked. I cleaned the bathroom when I got there. There were cockroaches in my room. Wouldn’t refund any money for not staying there. COCKROACHES!

I liked the cleaning ladies. They were very nice and knew the area well.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Hot breakfast wasn't that great. The juice machine was dispensing syrup. Maybe just stick with toast bagels cereal, juice and coffee. Water pressure a little low.

Nice room and check in staff. The value is really good. Bed was good , room was clean, towels soft.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was not what I expected at all. It looked like a really cheap motel in the room

I liked that it was close to everything but I will never stay there again.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Yeah could not be turned down. I kept changing the temp to lower and lower and would still come on. Had to turn it off.

Was very clean and looked great.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

First we could not use the shower because brown water was coming out the shower head that smelled like raw sewage and the telephone to call front desk did not work. They wanted to change rooms but it would be too much trouble since we were there for only one night. The remote control for the TV did not work as well and it appeared that there was bed bug dropping in the corner of the bed!

Nothing really sticks out but the price!

• Superior King Room - Smoking

The staff was horrible. My card was charged twice and they tried to blame booking.com even though I never paid booking.com. After I spoke to the front desk ladies numerous times about the situation and told them about them charging my card, their attitudes changed & they were very rude.

The bed was comfortable.

• Standard King Room - Smoking

I booked an SMOKING room and paid for the room and when checking in we were guaranteed a SMOKiNG room and received a NONE SMOKING. I called and complained after being in the room about 15 mins . The staffed answered the phone telling me I’d have to pay more after I booked a SMoKInG room and asked the staff to make sure it was a SMokING room . The staff lied and it was to late at night to come out in the cold when it should of been right the FIRST TIME like we asked.

The rates and location

• Double Room with One Double Bed - Non-Smoking

Having to move to 3 different rooms because the entrance doors locks were broken... key cards would not work & door did not lock when door closed! Staff said management would not fix things that are broken.... to cheap to make repairs!

Breakfast was always well laid out and good selection.

• Superior King Room – Non-Smoking

the bedsheets were clean, the towels were clean but there was stuff left behind from the last guests. That was a little disconcerting.

the girl at the desk was wonderful, friendly, professional. The water pressure in the shower was fantastic.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The one thing that the Manager and I talked about is the front desk is much improved but not at an excellent rating yet. The Manager has worked extremely hard at bringing in more competent employees.

This Red Roof has come a long way from when I started staying in April 2017. The Manager has done a very good job in retaining employees who know what to do and has improved customer service.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The first room we were sent to would not open with the key they gave us. We found out that the key mechanism battery was bad. We were moved to another room. The TV was BAD! Even all of the major networks were not available. ABC and CBS were not even there. The NBC network had poor reception and was not watchable. We did not have a microwave nor a refrigerator in the room. These were items listed on the booking that were not provided. I would have gone somewhere else if I had not been so tired after driving 5 hours to get there. The breakfast was marginal.

The room was clean and it was not noisey.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

It was horrible !!! Every night there was an issue. 1st room no shower curtain and the window curtains were broken and would not close. . Second Man throwing up outside everywhere and then cops woke me up saying someone called 911 and they needed to make sure everyone was alright at 4:30 am !!! Third some idiot kept calling my room. It was just horrible and I will not be staying there again as it seems to be a "hourly hotel" now.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

There was no tissue paper, no trash bag in the trash can, no remote control for the tv, and the air/heat didn't work.

It was peaceful and quiet.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Manager(black older lady with glasses) is rude and the few times I stayed she was always rude. they need to update their keys or systems because I had to try 2 different rooms and when others kept coming in the lobby because their hotel keys weren't working the manager had an attitude with them. I think she need a new job because her Customer service skills Suck and I Will Not be staying their again!

Location and That's It

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Lady at front desk. Short fuse insisted there were no rooms close. To each other available So one room Was on ground floor one room was second floor. We had an 8 year old in one room 4 year old in other. They are cousins see each other a few days a year Was difficult for them to spend time together. Asked when pool closes she said 9 pm. Did not mention it was closed for the season. The key board even kept flashing. Relax in our pool. Breakfast at was. Ok but not great

The room was lovely

Double charged by hotel for rooms booked. Roaches outside and inside of room. Had to take my own trash out. Stayed three days and never once received a room cleaning. Staff so loud that our niece couldn't nap. Don't stay here.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

This was one of the worst places that I have ever checked in to. The room was cramped with worn out broken furniture. The room was damp and the carpet felt wet! The area was sketchy at best and my colleague and I vacated the rooms after dinner and went to another hotel because of the area and room. I would not recommend this location.

• Standard King Room - Smoking

.The Wi-Fi didn't work in the room, had to take my laptop to the lobby. The humidity level in the room was off the charts, so bad that the floor in the bathroom was sweating and wet when I arrived.

The bed was super comfy, staff was terrific, it was quiet so I could sleep. uninterrupted Very serviceable for the price.

not a thing wrong.

A very pleasant surprise for the money. The room was newly renovated, clean, and the beds were very comfy. The staff was great and very helpful. We will be back for certain.

• Standard King Room - Smoking

No bath towels, only one person working entire hotel at night=no customer service/get it yourself. Telephone didn't work, breakfast was AWFUL/cold.

Had smoking rooms

• King Suite with One King Bed - Non-Smoking

They refused to give me the room I booked. They stated it was not available because that room was only used by Coperate representative. After several phone calls I was reluctantly given the room. It was not good. Bathroom was tiny and the iron didn't work. I complained to red roof Coperate and all I got was we're sorry. I have the email to prove it. I will never stay at another Red Roof they don't care about their coustomers.

The night hostess

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Cleanliness of the room, staff was kind of rude. They gave me the key to a room to check in and there was already someone in the room. Manager was notified and did nothing about this. The bathroom was incredibly dirty as well. They also did not put enough towels in the room, and took forever to bring more once requested.

Location of the hotel was nice

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

i didn't like that empty packages i found beside the bed. I also didn't like the fact that the sheet was not straight. And also the water did not stay hot for long in he shower.

i loved the view of our space and also the room. it was not really clean at all also.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Property was very clean, quite and staff was more than accommodating.

Was very easy to find and just off interstate, also close to the best restaurants in town.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was nothing that pertained directly to the hotel that we didn't like. The only complaint that I have was concerning the entrance to the parking lot off of the busy road. It was overwhelming and hectic, but I know that not much can be done in such a busy, high-traffic area.

The staff was extremely friendly & welcomed us with a smile. They were attentive to our needs when requested and made sure we settled in comfortably. Breakfast had many options and the area was well-maintained & clean. The pool area had plenty of seating and was stocked with clean towels. The housekeeping staff was polite and asured that the room was clean and comfortable.

• Double Room with One Double Bed - Non-Smoking

The location could use quite a bit of maintenance (painting, repair of A/C grills, etc. Cigarette butts were all over the place on landings (like 50 of them, some in piles where guests had sat on stairs and smoked ten cigarettes. PIzza boxes were also left out on landings. Breakfast was scanty: Hot food was not refreshed often enough. Very little fruit.

Staff was friendly. Room was clean. The area seemed safe.

• Double Room with One Double Bed - Non-Smoking

An elevator would be nice for handicapped travelers

quiet, clean comfy rooms, and a free breakfast. Very friendly staff on an extremely busy eclipse weekend.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds – Smoking

Everything. Sheets were dirty, stains on everything, breakfast as nasty, bed was rock hard, staff was difficult and bathroom was completely dirty.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

While we were in our room, they booked to someone else that then had keys to access and enter our room- SCARY! NOT CLEAN. Our room was never serviced although we booked (and were stuck) for multiple nights. The staff was rude when trying to get clean towels. I paid for & was told we'd have a microwave & fridge, but we didn't have either.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Everything was good this trip no complaints at all.

I didn't eat breakfast got started late. I like the fact that the location has improved over past stays when I didn't have a remote control that worked. Also on one stay I didn't have a shower curtain. I almost didn't stay here because of the past issues. I am glad I stayed here and even came back for another night.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the room looked out dated. the beds were very uncomfortable. the room also did not have cable , the toilet was stained and the lighting was poor. It wasn't until the following day the cable issue was addressed after multiple calls to front desk, which caused me to move to another room that was outdate. non of the ice machines were working and the room had no towels or tissue in them. I would not book here again. the manager however stated they would refund me a partial night, that was about all the compensation they could do for my ordeal.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The smell-they had just repaved the back parking lot and the room smelled awful. They should have put guests in the front and not the back.

The young lady who registered us was very nice.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom was not cleaned, and there was trash on the floor. Also, the concierge said my credit card did not go through and I was double charged for the room and still waiting to get my $100+ dollars credited back to the account.

I liked that Dunkin Donuts and other restaurants are walking distance.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Having to lug my bags up a flight of stairs to find out the keys didn't work. It happened twice! Finally got switched into another room. Room was musty smelling.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I had a room with 2 beds and one of the beds were stains on the comforter. Did not like that the room didn't have a fridge or a mircowave

The bed was comfortable. The pool looked good

Everything was fine!

The staff were friendly, accommodating and made every effort to ensure the stay was a good one. The desk worker even called the room to ask if everything was ok after we had settled in.

TIME LOCK STOPPED WORKING ON DOOR SO I WAS LOCKED OUT OF MY ROOM AND THERE WAS NO MAINTENANCE PERSON ON SITE TO REPAIR. ENDING UP HAVING TO CHANGE ROOMS.

STAFF WAS ATTENTIVE TO ISSUES AND HELP TO RESOLVE ISSUES

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bugs in the curtains. Mildew in the shower. Room dirty. Couldn't shower because it was so dirty.

Nothing At all. The property was filthy. Insects in the curtains. Mildew in the shower. We couldn't use the facility. Lost our money. Changed hotels.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I did not like the fact that the door on my room would not stay shut and my 1year old daughter got out and was walking to the pool. And it was a staff member just standing at the bottom of the steps just looking at her instead of helping her ill never go back again

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our reservation thru Bookings.Com could not be found. Had to make it thru the motel. Swimming Pool was closed, water was off most of Saturday. No ice it also took 3 times to get towels for our room.Beds sounded like they were falling apart and not comfortable.

Only staff member that was great was Dexter. Most of the other staff could care less

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Dogs barking too much next door. We had our dog, so I think we should have been put in a room away from that one.enjoyably

Accommodations were nice. Friendly service

NOTHING REALLY,

WE HAD A HARD TIME FINDING A ROOM THAT WOULD FIT MY MOM AND MYSELF. THE STAFF WENT OUT AND WENT TO THE ROOMS TO FIND US THE ROOM THAT WOULD FIT HER AND MYSELF. MY MOM HAD A HARD TIME CLIMBING STAIRS AND THEY FOUND US A ROOM ON THE GROUND FLOOR. THEY WERE REMODLING.

• King Suite with One King Bed - Non-Smoking

Everything was more than expected

The entire experience was over and beyond. The experience goes to show that you dont go by what u hear. Large room with cloud 9 bed

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our key cards didn't work for the room and we went downstairs and all the way to the lobby to get new cards which once again didn't work and then we had to go back down a third time until they gave us a new room on the other side of the building. The pool was closed until further notice which sucked because they didn't tell us that when we booked it online or we wouldn't have stayed there at all.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I waited for 30 minutes at front desk for someone to show up. I also called the front desk while standing in front of it waiting, with no luck. When they eventually came to the desk, they took someone else that just walked in the door, before me. I was then told that I didn't have a room booked with them, because booking.coms reservations don't show up in their system. I told them that I had a baby & a handicapped daughter in the car, & needed a room with handicap access, & I needed a crib. I finally got a room after much debate, & it was not clean at all. It had garbage & linens on the floor. Went back up to front desk to get another room. The 2nd room was smaller with no fridge or microwave. I went to go get ice from the ice machine & it was out of service. There was a sign to go upstairs to use the other ice machine, & guess what...? It was out of service as well. I went up to the front desk to ask them for ice, and they told me to go to the motel next door for ice...! I went back to my room & realized that we had not gotten a crib yet. So, I called up front to ask them to bring us the crib again, & they told us that they didn't have one... Fast forward to the next morning. We decided to go have the free breakfast buffet in the lobby. We get there at 7:45am, & there is no food left. I ask the lady there if they are bringing any more eggs ect. out? She said yes, so I went & waited patiently. As soon as she came back with the eggs & bacon, I went up to make my daughter & baby niece a plate. Got back to the table & the food was freezing cold.... Needless to say, this place has very poor management & very lazy employees! I will never stay there again!

Convenient parking

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pool was closed. Another guest that had been there for the week said that two days prior the pool was green. It was now looking normal, but not filtrating (still water). Not going in, so no pool on the hot days during stay. All Ice machines broken, and not even looked at upon complaint. And they didn't offer to compensate for ice purchases

Room was clean

• Standard King Room - Smoking

Used soap left in the shower, table beside the bed had not been cleaned from the previous guest. Oily substance and glass rings left. Piece of trash on the sofa.

Excellent night of sleep in the wonderful bed. Very quiet near the back.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Coffee pot didn't work then we try to get ice and found out ice machin didn't work either!

Ice machine did not work and was told it was out for 3 weeks . Coffee machine in room didn't work after my husband told the front desk she didn't even cared enough!

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Missing light bulbs in several fixtures. Toilet sounded like a toilet on a plane when flushed. Fridge ran so loud I unplugged it to sleep. Phone didn't work. About what I'd expect at this type of motel. Booking.com said I had a room with 2 double beds, actually had a king room. Not ideal with a 17 year old son. Thankfully it was a King and not smaller! The wall of pillows came in handy.

Location. Went for Masters, A mile or so straight down the road from Augusta National. The price was nearly $200 w/taxes. Not a bad snag for purchasing on the day of arrival! Honestly, we showed up, checked in and went to bed. Not much to say except the lady at the front desk was very kind.

• Double Room with One Double Bed - Non-Smoking

Everything else the pool was not open no laundry room omg don't let me get started on the house keeper I had to buy my own tissue they could of been better they gave me a crappy room

Bed

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• Double Room with One Double Bed - Non-Smoking

There was no coffee available at 8:30 AM. There was very little to choose from, at the breakfast bar.

I had a first-floor room with a nice king size bed. When I checked in the woman at the front desk was professional and pleasant.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

had to change rooms due to bad t.v. then internet wifi was sketchy in second room. cleaniliness so so...my ice bucket had wet bag and actual bucket dirty

Continental breakfast was adequate, cereal, milk, yogurt, eggs, biscuits, sausage, grits, cheese, coffee, tea

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The size of the bathroom in room 229 was too, too small. There were 3 adults and for privacy we had to dress in the bathroom. Thank goodness we are not heavy people! Also, our room was not cleaned on Saturday the 25th. I had to get more towels from the front desk. Did hear a lot of street noise at night.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. I don't remember the name of the lady who was in charge of the breakfast on Saturday (2/25/17) but she was so helpful and nice. Our beds were comfy and the room amenities were good.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The office staff scammed me there a 100% fraud I was staying in room 276 and 168 12th-21st I paid cash then next day they tricked me and said I was paying for another night and took my money then told me I owed them for the nights I paid cash and threatened me with police and took my money I'm in the process of taking them to court

scammed by the office staff fraud alert Beware don't get scammed

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

• Standard King Room - Smoking

Second morning-Breakfast NO Grits TV remote - no preview/guide Complimentary toiletries - very limited Room - slight draft under door WiFi - unsecured. Actually used next door, Hampton Inn connected automatically

Front Desk - Excellent First morning - Breakfast. YES...Grits! Service Requests - Prompt courteous hotel service.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Standard King Room - Smoking

I selected pay with cash at property when I booked and I was refused service by the office lady she said they only except credit card payments to help weed out street trash ??? I had to take a taxi to the bank to deposit $71.00 plus 20% hold by the hotel before I was given a room with not option of what room

Nothing at all

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

• Standard King Room - Smoking

Alot & why do the properties give ass customers are hard time when we get through a third-party approach of booking and they get upset because the booking prices low and so the room would be into anything so I think that is a good thing that they go through a third party but I don't think it's okay for them to give us a problem whenever the price is $63 and $99

The front desk clerk, he is amazing. The housekeepers could do better considering this is a great place. They have too many rooms dwn too. Thats no good..

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

• Standard King Room - Smoking

Location only has one entrance/exit that leads to a busy road and is hard to get into/leave. Blankets were clean but ragged, building was older and not like the pictures shown online. Furniture was old and dusty. Towel from previous guest use was left in bathroom, toilet was not cleaned. Staff could have been better. Upon arrival cleaners were loud and rude to each other about cleaning duties. On departure could not find personnel to aid in check out for 20 minutes due to being in an area where they were not attending counter and cleaners failed in helping to find them.coffee maker was not properly cleaned. I have gone on enough so I will stop at this point. This was a zero star experience and I paid more than it was worth. I hope other red roof inns are better. But I can't see myself booking at one again

Ummmmm the bed had clean linens.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds – Smoking

Access to the property is a pain. The street is very busy and there is no quick or easy access. There is also a dip in the driveway, so if you have a low bumper, you could also have a "NO" bumper.

The beds slept good. The breakfast was great. It was quiet.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Double Room with One Double Bed - Non-Smoking

The TV had such poor pitcure, It looked like cheap TV. The eggs at breakfast were soo runny, milky looking I was afraid to try them. Last, when checking in the day of arrival your front desk lady was extremely rude. Never greeted us, never heard a thank you and she looked as she didn't want to be there.

I liked the fact that rooms were very clean.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Standard King Room - Smoking

To hard entering and exiting out of parking lot. Parking was to close coming in. G

Choices at breakfast. Lots of good eating places around the area. The new building being built beside it, looks awesome .

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

• Double Room with One Double Bed - Non-Smoking

The fact that it was an outdoor hotel but they were in the process of moving to a brand new indoor hotel. Which should be open now....

The breakfast was AMAZING!!!!! The staff was very helpful and overall nice!