Reviews of Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center 3 stars

550 Washington Boulevard, Baltimore, MD 21230, USA

#12 of 78 hotels in Baltimore

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Appreciate the price for the valet parking behind my bed was dirty and the pull-out sofa was uncomfortable frigerator doesn't get cold enough

Love to Wi-Fi and view of the stadium valet parking was awesome doesn't think the price is right I think it should have been included in to my stay

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The pull out couch mattress was not comfortable at all.

The room was larger than we anticipated. The valet parking is much appreciated. The location was great.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The fan on the HVAC system would not run on auto. We like the fan running when we sleep for the white noise, but it would not run on auto so the room was too quiet. That is until people started talking in the hallway at 7:30am and we could hear everything in our room, which could have been avoided if the fan was running to cover the noise of people talking.

Staff was great.

The fridge wasn’t working. There was no parking - only valet!

It was cool that it was right next to the Baltimore Orioles stadium and the convention center!

The pool was a big small so my husband and I waited for an hour in the workout room. There were so many unattended kids that were very inappropriate.

Very friendly staff. Very clean.

• Queen Room with One Queen Bed - Non-Smoking

My room was a little dusty, a food wrapper from a previous guest was on the floor, you can tell the room was lightly cleaned. A deeper cleaning once in a while would be good (try closing the bathroom door to see what's on the inside or moving the microwave and dusting).

The staff were great! The location from the Hilton and Convention center was perfect. Easily able to walk to Inner Harbor!

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Parking was advertised at $29.00 A day. Got to the property n they were charging $38.00 A day The breakfast could be a little better, fresher pastries n serve Turkey bacon

The rooms were clean n with room for 4 people. Nice pool n gym.

Stated cost for parking when I booked was $29. Price charged was $38. Was given no other options.

Room Nice and clean. Good location for baseball games.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The bed was uncomfortable, too hard. My husband and I both work up with a stiff back. Also the bathroom didn’t have an exhaust fan so when things got smelly, it lingered... (funny but true).

Easy check in, continental breakfast, different layout of hotel room than typical hotel. I liked how that bed faces the window.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I didn’t liked the pillows at the hotel, they need to be updated. They were so uncomfortable to sleep with.

I liked that it was within walking distance to many locations. The breakfast was ok.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Need to offer Room service. Breakfast is provided in the morning but need to have options during the day

Bed was amazing and perfect location to Camden yards

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The noises outside of the hotel throughout the night. Horns blasting, loud vehicles, sirens, etc. The hotel needs to look in to sound proofing

Room was very comfortable and cool. We like a cold room and it's hard to find in a lot of hotels. Very friendly staff. Breakfast was delicious!

• Suite with 2 Queen Beds

$5 for a packaged ice cream cone in your snack area was way too high. I could buy a whole box of them at that cost. The front desk person seemed embarrassed to tell us the high cost. Reduce the cost to something reasonable

• Queen Room with One Queen Bed - Non-Smoking

It would have been even better to have the juice machine accessible after breakfast.

The breakfast was excellent and we were able to sleep in a little bit and still partake.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room was too small and cramped. I asked for a view and was given a room looking out into a electrical company (pse&g) type of business with a lot of generators and possibly radiation yielding structures. Bottled water was only given to hotel members. And for the price, the overall appearance and decor did not measure up. Never again!

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The price of the valet parking is way too high. They were great parking my vehicle and it was quick to get in and out once they took over. Just would appreciate a lower price. It was $38 to park.

I had an amazing time staying at this hotel. Very nice, clean and quick check in. The location was perfect. I will definitely be staying there again.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Parking was very expensive and the policy was different every time I asked (20 per day online, then 35 at check-in then 40 the next day, the 75 when I came to get the car back.) Ultimately negotiate down but the policy is poorly communicated. The pool was literally crumbling apart with shards of concrete/plaster from the pool bottom all over.

The bed and rooms were nice. The location was good for the downtown or inner harbor.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The whole experience was very nice. We love seating by our window in our room watching everything going on outside. Great location. Easy walk to the Harbor. The room size was perfect!!!

Not clean, you can't sleep from the noisy and smelly AC and people aren't nice! Expensive compared to the other better hotels at the same area!

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Given room with view of parking lot/alley and restaurant roof from hotel 2nd floor. No view. A.c. made loud electrical popping noises. Refrigerator did not work or was turned off. Food went bad. Valet didn't help with bags. I had to go get them. Return valet left someone else's keys in my seat. Checkout didn't give me a bill or show me final total. Hotel was one of the worst I've ever been in for a Hampton inn.

Breakfast was nice. Good location.

• Suite with 2 Queen Beds

We booked the room as my mom was having surgery at the university for 3 nights initially then she had to remain In the hospital longer and we needed to extend our stay Had to relocate as Hampton could not accomadate us. Would be nice if Hampton could set a room aside for University or Hopkins families.

Cleanliness, manager Donte helpful

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

My reservations were canceled without acknowledgment. Also it took 2 hours to get new towels after getting out of the pool. The heater in the room was broken. Made is very uncomfortable at times.

The view was a small parking space for the hotel and I wish I could have gotten a higher floor especially cause I book 2 weeks in advance and and the room service was weird when room service was cleaning the room I had the do not disturb sigh cause I wanted privacy I left later on and ask if they could send someone to take the trash and give us new towels she it was to late and if I but the trash outside the door she might get some one to do it ( never came till the morning) and when I got back come to the desk for the towels I was gone for 2 hrs why couldn’t someone go to the room?

The bathroom was so spacious the hot tub was amazing everyone should take at least one dip

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was horrible. They charge almost $40 a night to park there. There is no central heat and air, and the window unit will leave your room around 55-60 degrees in the morning if it’s cold out. The fire alarm went off 4 times in two days. The area of the hotel is extremely loud at night. The floor we were on reeked of weed but hotel staff said nothing to those guests. Overall this is an overpriced hotel with sub par location, cheap breakfast, and one of the most uncomfortable stays I’ve ever experienced.

There really wasn’t much to like about this place.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The required valet parking was more than stated on booking.com.

Great breakfast, friendly staff, clean. Great location for the baseball and football stadiums. Walking distance from inner Harbor and museums.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I requested a room near the pool and ended up being placed on the 6th floor.

The bed was amazing , everything was clean and even the television . I love that they offer WiFi my son was able to play his games and on his phone. The front desk was very polite and patient as I had to leave and come back with correct form of payment

The breakfast food was very poor and inedible. We found bedbugs in our room

The room was very comfortable.Tge shower was ok. A little old. We missed cups for our toothbrushes.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Was not notified until check in about the $38 per night valet parking, there was a cockroach in my room upon checking in, selected cash payment on booking.com website but was made to submit credit card, was not informed of $40 per night incidental fee that was also charged to my credit card upon check in, staff member at the front desk was very rude and disrespectful and when asked about items charged after finding out they put holds on the credit card and asking for a print out of all charges up to the current time she tossed the receipts at me, booked two of the same rooms and was told that even though one room was considerably bigger than the other was told they are priced the same and the only difference was the side of the hotel each room was on. Was not a good experience and I have 2 more reservations for this same hotel that I will be canceling and booking elsewhere.

Hotel in general was ok, breakfast buffet was good. Most of the staff was helpful

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Vegetarian food was cold and didn't recognize what it should be. A staff member was rude letesha I think her name was. The toaster location was in a bad spot.

I didn't like the long line for the waffles.

The eggs was a little on the fresh side need some more flavor. The waffle machine time to make the waffles take too long. There was a line for the waffles.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

There was no parking so we had to pay $30 for them to “valet” park it in a garage across the street. The neighborhood is unsafe, and filled with people begging for money even right outside the hotel. The pool was supposed to be heated but it was freezing so we could not enjoy it like I promised my kids.

The bed was comfy and the room was nice. There was free HBO, they had a hot tub and a fitness room. And the continental breakfast was good. The staff was friendly and when we left the manager on duty gave each of my kids a bag of Swedish fish.

How cold the pool was.

Loved everything about my stay except that thenlook was freezing cold. The maintenance worker said they had fixed it and it would get warm but it never did.

For Breakfast they are using disposable plates cutlery...nowadays a bit outdated. That should be at least partially changed. Save the environment.

Location is great. Rooms are large. Nice bed. Friendly staff.

• Suite with 2 Queen Beds

I actually travelled with my 25 yeaer old son, which was not an option on your question above. The front desk staff were terrific, as were the valet folks even 'tho I didn't have a car. They were helpful in other ways with local information.

• Suite with 2 Queen Beds

Area parking is expensive and can be difficult.

Free (and decent) continental breakfast as well as coffee and fruit available throughout the day. Also received bottles of water and a snack upon arrival.

• Suite with 2 Queen Beds

They never came in and cleaned our room, but they charged my card housekeeping fees because it was a few tissues that I left on the counter and a coffee cup on the dresser, which they say was excessive trash!!! WOW!!!

The property was very convenient to a lot of the attractions downtown area!!!

Beds uncomfortable...poor wifi...parking br valet only @ $30+ per night. This was our anniversary getaway and could have done better.

Breakfast was ok...staff helpful

A little more variety for breakfast

Our flight was early and our room was ready when we got there. Great location and view of the ballpark from our room.

• Queen Room with One Queen Bed - Non-Smoking

Tables need to be wiped after each party leaves the dining area.

Food was prepared really good. I had a little bit of trouble since I use a cane to get around. It made handling a plate sort of difficult. I didn't like the sausage round pieces on Saturday morning as they were very tough to chew. I liked the idea of having coffee service open throughout the day/evening. I wouldn't know about "the bacon", since I'm not a fan of bacon. Another breakfast meat should have been available. Other than that, food was always hot and available.

See above.

Hotel was great. Booking.com didn't let me know that there were a plethora of other fees that added about 25% to the cost of the room. Won't be using this site again.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Could of had a few more medical things. I had a huge tooth abscess and was hopping for oral gel. The parking did cost a lot for my friends to stay

The bed was huge and super warm and very large!

Everything was excellent

We arrived a day ahead of the baseball game. The staff was very helpful in directing us to the many points of interest during our stay. The valet service was very professional and had our car waiting after the game. The room was very clean and comfortable. We also enjoyed a very nice breakfast that started our day off great.Thank you for a wonderful experience!!

• Queen Room with One Queen Bed - Non-Smoking

light over sink in bathroom went out... asked for repair next day.... still was not working when left the following morning.....

bed was nice... room was big enough.. close to stadium where we were going...Staff was friendly and helpful..

• Suite with 2 Queen Beds

AC cycles off and room gets warm - doesn't seem to keep temperature consistently cool.

Staff, as always, was best part of the stay! Room was very nice and clean. View was not great at all and we seem to get similar each time we stay. Parking is a little scary trying to get our car up on the driveway in order to allow valet to take our car away, Complimentary coffee and hot chocolate in lobby is a big plus!!

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The service was exceptional. The receptionist seemed happy to provide our family early check-in and place us in her 'Favorite Room,' a corner studio with windows along two walls providing great views. The room was spacious and clean. The location was excellent for people planning to attend a ballgame at Oriole Park (right across the street). We asked for a roll-away bed and two extra towels and they were sent up to the room right away.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Free/discounted parking. $30 (which was about par compared to other lots in the area)

The King size bed room was spacious and allowed a family with 3 little ones room to move about without tripping over each other and our stuff.

The bathroom shower had broken tiles and there was black mildew around the shower door. Also we didn't know from your booking site that this hotel only has valet parking at 29.00 per night. When I went to the hotel website the booking price was also cheaper to book direct with the hotel than through your website. I had already booked the reservation and couldn't cancel without a penalty when I realized it.

The bed was very comfortable.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The AC didn't get super cold, found hair on towels and linens, the breakfast wasn't good to us but the coffee was good!

The location was great for us to Camden Yards and within reason for walking to Inner Harbor, a bit of a hike for Fells Point.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The only thing I have to say is that it was a little pricey

I can't remember her name but the front desk girl with the long braided hair was the nicest lady ever

• Queen Room with One Queen Bed - Non-Smoking

Gummy bear on floor in room. Wi-Fi aweful in room. Bathroom out dated.

Waffles were amazing. Very close to metro. Pillow comfy. Quite comfortable room. We saw a game at fedex field n visited several sites.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Our window view wasn't that great.

It's right across the street from the ball park and down the street from Babe Ruth's house which was awesome.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Only thing i would have changed was I thought i booked a double room, got a king room. But we made the best of it with the pull out sofa. All was still really good.

Loved the location right across from the ballpark, using the train from the airport was easy to get to. The staff was great welcoming us in and joking around with us since we were wearing Cubs gear. Breakfast was great too.

• Queen Room with One Queen Bed - Non-Smoking

The pool did not meet our expectations. It was smaller than anticipated and the chlorine was extremely high in the pool.

The staff was very friendly. The breakfast was good for the value. Seating at breakfast wasn't bad even though it was busy. Hotel is great proximity to Camden Yards which is the reason. My husband and I went to Baltimore. Hotel is also within walking distance to the Inner Harbor. You can take the water taxi from there and see a number of places in the city.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The view of the messy alley.

The staff went out of their way to be helpful, courteous and friendly. Check in was fast and simple, at check out we were able to stow our luggage so we could have a little more fun in Baltimore on Sunday morning.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Our air conditioner froze up and they had to other rooms to offer. We got no sleep as the room was 80 degrees in June! Windows are not openable so couldn't even get a breeze!

Can't get any closer to Camden Yards!

• Queen Room with One Queen Bed - Non-Smoking

The problem we had the whole trip was the staff recommend a seafood restaurant Moe's and I would have to say no... It was over priced and the food was cold. Couldn't hear my husband talk to me, but I could hear everyone else.

I would have to say the staff made the stay outstanding. I use to travel for all the time and I never meet a nicer sttaff then this one. Plus we were right across from the ballpark.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The sofa pull out bed was difficult to pull out and not very comfortable.. No extra pillows provided.

Enjoyed the breakfast provided. Kept neat and clean and not too crowded. Pool was a good size. Staff friendly and helpful.

There wasn't nothing not to like! It was an awesome stay.

The beds were amazing, breakfast was outstanding, valet was awesome and friendly. All the staff was friendly. The rooms were super clean and I couldn't beat it. It was a high price I'd pay for it!

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Suite with 2 Queen Beds

Broken air conditioner in our suite. Got moved to another room. New room had broken air conditioner also, plus we weren't told it was a handicapped room with no tub as I requested and a handicapped shower.

Friendly staff.

We had the WORST room possible. It was small and horribly shaped with a view of a dirty alley and the apartments next door. We couldn't open the blinds to let the sun in without feeling we were being intrusive to the people behind us. The room was awkwardly shaped and there was barely enough room to walk between the bed and to stand. I'm just not sure that was set up to be occupiedz.

Quick walk to park and surrounding attractions.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

One elevator was out of order, so it got a little crowded after the game let out.

Everything was very clean - the room, the pool area, the breakfast nook. Wifi was fast and free. In-room refrigerator was nice and cold. Comfortable beds and easy to use shower. Breakfast wasn't bad. Everyone on staff was friendly and helpful. I was a little worried about the parking in downtown Baltimore, but they take care of it all - one call gets the car to the front door. The best part is just the fact that it's so close to the Orioles ball park. Super convenient for game goers, yet the room was still so quiet you couldn't hear the crowd - and our room was facing the park directly. All in all a great getaway experience.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

I didn't like the air conditioner it was set to certain temp and alot of time i felt hot,the staff of the check in

The most the location and cleanest of rooms

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Suite with 2 Queen Beds

There wasn't much I didn't like but if i have to picky. The shower lost pressure and the sink in the suite had a leak. But overall both things were not a deal breaker. I would definitely go back.

We were traveling to the orioles game. I loved it was right next to the venue. We were able to walk to the inner harbor with a quick walk and enjoy the game. The kids enjoyed the pool and the breakfast was a nice touch especially when traveling with kids. Easy and convenient the staff was great...... good price for what we were doing.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

First visit to Baltimore and very pleased with the customer service - first room assigned had a major AC system problem the first night - one call to the desk and was re-accommodated (@ 530 am) to a larger room with nearly silent AC. Breakfast was well done (and really good coffee -better than many higher-end hotels). Housekeeping was flawless and everybody working was a credit to Hampton Inn..courteous and helpful at all times, even with area restaurant selections. Close to local transit, restaurants, the Inner Harbor neighborhood, sports venues, etc. I'll stay again in a heartbeat. Cheaper than any decent DC hotels (and DC is an hour away via train) Room Tip: If you get Rm 204, ask if the room heating/cooling control problem has been resolved.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

The parking was not ideal. You have to pay $29 plus tax to park at the hotel. I recommend trying to find a different parking spot in the city. Also, they forget to stack your toiletries so if you are staying more than two nights, I recommend asking the front desk for anything.

The bed was so comfy. And it was easy to walk around to get to any destinations that we wanted to visit! They provided a good amount at breakfast and kept everything clean and tidy. It was nice that it had a pool/hot tub even though it was a bit small.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Tried to double the cost of my stay when I checked in. Last thing you need when youve spent 12 hours on a plane.

Beside the convention centres, staff friendly and helpful. Big room, very comfy

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Creepy male staff making women feel uncomfortable. Front desk staff wasn't friendly and welcoming. Too much social activity between staff & friends in the lobby area. I never got the comfort or secure feeling I usually get at hotels. Valet service park cars in front of the entry area, so at times I had to walk around cars just to get inside the hotel. Too many unattended under age children playing in the fitness room, Pool area & riding up & down the. I WILL NOT RETURN TO THIS HOTEL!

The room, hot tub, the view from the room

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I did not like the prices. Not only did I pay for our room, but this location did not accommodate military discount. And the price of 167 quickly turned into $208 because we had to pay a parking fee. There was no option of us parking ourselves.

I loved the valet and the accommodations of breakfast. The food was amazing

The pool & especially the hot tub. There was dirt & water scum floating in the hot tub

My room was great & comfy. The bed was soft & warnmy

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

There was no parking for customers. You have to pay valet and that's $39 a night. They also hold an additional $40 on your credit card in case of damage

Pillows and breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

The bed was pretty firm. And the free breakfast was a little sparse. I have celiacs and I can't have gluten. Most Hampton's I stay in are very accommodating and have lots of options for me. But this wasn't the case in Baltimore.

It was clean ---the most important hotel quality for me with a great location and staff was very friendly. They were eager to answer questions and help me navigate good places to eat and see during my stay.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The pool was not clean..we had to wait hours before they allowed the pool to be used and it still was not clean..

We liked the location of the rooms being that we rented 2 rooms..we also liked having a pool for the kids

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

• Queen Room with One Queen Bed - Non-Smoking

I wish I was able to find the pool but it was a bit cold for swimming anyway.

The breakfast was very good. The room was very nice and the hotel was near the bus I needed for White Marsh.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The air quality in the room was really poor, not sure if it was mold or dust or dry air, everyone had extremely dry/sore throats and caughing in the middle of the night.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

3 floors no ice machines working. The staff wasn't as friendly as my past stays.

The beds are sooooooooooooooooooo soft. Even the kids couldn't fight it.

Browse Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center traveller photo gallery