Reviews of Hampton Inn Baltimore/White Marsh 3 stars

8225 Town Center Drive, White Marsh, MD 21236, USA

#2 of 5 hotels in White Marsh

Nice place to stay.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

One elevator broke down. Hotel was full, so breakfast buffet was a little crowded.

Great location, friendly staff. Easy to get into Baltimore for an Orioles game.

Convenient and friendly
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I saw signage for the Hilton Garden Inn next door, but failed to see signage for the Hampton. It was there, just not clear from the direction I came in from.

Conveniently located, lots of options for food (without driving) nearby. Was nice and quiet..The lady on the front desk was really nice and helpful.

Horrible only good time we had was outside of the hotel we stayed in

The racist/ ignorant manager and the dirty rooms.

The manager called the police on me and my friends who payed for our room. We had no complaints from other guests and we never made a disturbance.

The beds were comfortable, the breakfast was good with many...
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room smelled musty and almost like cat urine. The air conditioner worked, but put out a tremendous amount of moisture into the air making everything feel damp. There were also ants in the room. The carpet was so dirty that it was sticky so I kept socks on the whole time. I would not stay here again.

The beds were comfortable, the breakfast was good with many options, the staff was very friendly and the location is fantastic.

Terrible and uncomfortable
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The property had leaked EVERYWHERE, their was a colony of ants in my room. They were supposed to switch my room instead they took me out of the system. Sent someone up to spray room they had disinfectant. I was floored, I have yet to speak with a manager. Will not be going back.

I like the location, it was in the middle of everything.

The staff were friendly, courteous and professional.

The mattress.

The staff were friendly, courteous and professional. The hotel and my room was clean and well kept but the mattress was a board. Half way through the night I moved to the pull out couch which was actually more comfortable than the king size bed.

The beds were very comfortable.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

They tried to charge me $130.00 a night, and said that was also the price for Booking.com. I had to show them my itinerary. They finally honored it, but I had to prove it. We had problems with the room door key.

The beds were very comfortable.

Good value, good coffee, would stay here again.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Beds were too firm for maybe taste. One of the elevators seemed to be a little on the fritz.

Coffee was great and the staff was nice and helpful. Enjoyed having a hot breakfast each day.

They said I didn’t book for two nights so I had to pay for...
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I was only booked for one night and it wasn t the first night. Incovience booking . Com messed up my reservation plus cost me more I was upset

They said I didn’t book for two nights so I had to pay for one night when arrivng

Staffing friendliness went above and beyond my expectations, and I'm looking forward to returning
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Would've liked to continue having a microwave and fridge my second night.

1st room on my first night was great, 2nd room on the next night was ok, bit would've still appreciated a microwave and fridge again.

My stay was very peaceful and it made our family crisis seem a little more easy.

Really enjoyed it.

My family really was satisfied and we needed a relax place like this because our trip was to visit a love one that is dying. Thanks so much

I mentioned to check in I would like a fridge.
    • King Room with Study

I booked this room to get some rest. The continued slamming of doors was extremely disruptive.signs on doors asking guest..but more importantly house keeping..PLEASE DO NOT LET DOOR SLAM may help. Toilet clogged up..No plunger available..had to call front desk Shower would not turn on

I mentioned to check in I would like a fridge. Was told the room did not have one. I let it go. By the time I got to my room they had brought a mini fridge to the room. That was awesome!

Great location and deal as long as you are not super particular
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I wished it were more updated. The other bed in our room squeezed whenever you moved (even slightly) on it. Also the bathroom toilet had a strong smell of urine even though it appeared clean to the naked eye.

I love the location and the quick breakfast. The staff was friendly.

Adequate for a quick visit.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

This property is showings its age and could use a refresh. Bed was not super comfy, water pressure in shower could have been better, nd the gym was tiny and didnt include a single free weight. Rooms do not include mini fridges.

Conveniently located off I-95. Free wifi and fitness center.

i had no real problems
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

the room should have had a refrigerator vending machines would have been nice....the products sold at the desk were expensive

staff was friendly room was clean

Easy access to 95. Convenient. Clean facility. Quiet for the most part so decent nights sleep.
    • King Room with Study

Tried to put me in a smokers room!! My room request CLEARLY stated as far away from smoking rooms as possible!! Breakfast was just ok. Fresh fruit not great.

Great staycation!
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Staff for breakfast on weekdays wasn't very friendly. It's okay to tell guests no about a request, but the nasty attitude that accompanied it was unnecessary.

Front desk and housekeeping staff were top notch! Room and property very clean. Comfortable bed.

Convenience when a good night's sleep was important.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The toilet didn't flush properly however we were given a rate adjustment for the inconvenience.

The convenient location. The decor was pleasant and the bed very comfortable.

It was nice overall just wish I had more storage.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Over all everything was great EXCEPT the fact that I had no where to store my things like drinks and food . Other than that everything was great

I loved the bed , and the lighting of the bathroom and the cleanliness of the room overall ..

Nice & Comfy
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Bookings.com and Hampton Inn needs to have better communication because our reservation was completely wrong! It's fortunate that we had a room reserved because that night the hotel was booked solid.

There was some major miscommunication with Bookings.com and Hampton Inn, but the staff accommodated us the best they could.

I look forward to coming back!

Nothing...

I have been using the Hampton Inn White Marsh since it opened. It has just got better and better! If you want to be in White Marsh then it doesn't get better than The Hampton Inn.

we had booked one nite through the hotel the other two...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

we had booked one nite through the hotel the other two through book.com when we checked in I asked the girl if we would stay in the same rooms the next two nites she said yes I asked if I had to come back down the next day to do anything else she said no we were all set. The next day we were out of our rooms doing wedding things when we returned there was a message to contact the front desk that we were suppose to check into the front desk that morning and change rooms. When I called the front desk Latisha said "were you in your room all day", I felt she was accusing me of hiding in my room all day from her. I apologized explained to her we hadn't traveled much and I had spoken to the nite clerk and she said we were all set for the next two days I could tell by her voice she did not believe me it ruined everything for me. I am an elderly lady who doesn't travel much so thanks to Latisha it did ruin my stay at your hotel.

Awesome stay
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

room could have been a bit bigger. but it was fabulous just the same.

Great location and beautiful area. close to restaurants and shopping mall. easy drive to Baltimore. staff awesome!

We were comfortable.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

TV channel selection not great. Also one of the two rooms booked was missing the refrigerator. Requested adjoining rooms but was told at check in it was not possible. Dinning space not adequate for capacity of hotel. Tub did not drain fast enough when taking shower.

Breakfast food was very good! Coffee was good. Response to stuffed toilet was quick.

All my plans fell apart except the hotel, which was flawless
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I arrived quite late from the airport, the staff that greeted me was friendly. They handled my alternate payment (credit card authroization form) before I had even arrived so my checkin was seamless. Then I was delayed departing due to issues with my rental car. They gave me a late check out and helped me find the car rental location. Great staff.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• King Room with Study

Booming.com gave me a smoking room,the hotel had to change it for me.so I'm not upset with hotel but with booking.com this is the 3rd time they did this.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

The HAMPTON exceeded our expectations.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Didnt know we had to request fridge and microwave but made out fine since we stayed only one night.

Beds were very comfy. Breakfast was great. Even had potatoes. Everything was sooo clean. Staff was awesome. Would stay again.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

The staff at the front desk was awesome.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Room, the tolet was clogged, the woman from housekeeping knock and just walked right in my room without giving me a change to say just a min. My fruit at breakfast was rotten. I heard the neighbors handling there personal business..not cool. Could not sleep because of the noise.

The staff at the front desk was awesome. Both young ladies was very helpful. I have no complaint about the front desk workers. Very helpful when I checked out Sunday.

Good place, Good staff, poor computer reservation system
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I was charged a late cancellation fee for a room that was erroneously canceled earlier via a third party site, after I was charged a higher price for the room I occupied. The staff was helpful in fixing the problem, but it should not have happened in the first place.

The property was conveniently located.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

I was very relaxed and really enjoyed my stay at Hampton INN. I will return in the near furture
    • King Room with Study

The first two days (in the pantry) the young lady was extremely nice. The third day(on Monday January 2nd),what a big difference. This lady was rude (not sure if her name is Mary)but she was very rude and unpleasant. really didn't want any breakfast after I saw how she treated people

I liked everything up until I went into the pantry.

Not the type of Hampton I expected
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room rather cramped. Thin walls. A party started on both sides of me. Had to call front desk twice. Finally police were called.

The beds were extremely comfy

There were dirty towels on the floor.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

There were dirty towels on the floor. We stopped and asked for an extra pillow and we were told that they didn't have an extra and the ones that they did have were stained and they wouldn't sleep on them

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

My only problem was the key card.
    • King Room with Study

My only problem was the key card. The desk clerk did not explain how to use it when I checked in and when I got to my room and realized there was no place to "slide" the card, as I am used to doing in hotels, I had to call down to ask for instructions.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

The hotel has fresh look and lively atmosphere upon entering.
    • King Room with Study

The hotel has fresh look and lively atmosphere upon entering. Room was spacious, and liked the bathroom setup. The rate upon reservation was reasonable compared to the other hotels I've been to in the past around the area which are more expensive but I was not satisfied.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Awesome option near Baltimore
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing, we hope to come back soon

We stayed in this hotel on our way to New York. It's conveniently located near the I-95 and close to shopping center. The staff is friendly and efficient. The breakfast has a wide variety of items, all that we tried was delicious!

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Good choice.
    • King Room with Study

Rooms could be a bit quieter. The guests in the room next door were awake for most of the night and their voices carried thru the walls with very little filtered. "Soft close doors" would be a nice addition. When guests left their room and allowed the door to close on it own, it shook the walls with a loud bang. Also, would have preferred a pay for view option in addition to standard TV options as stated in the listing.

Friendly staff, clean rooms, very nice breakfast.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Great place and location
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Staff extra friendly, location awesome across the street from a huge shopping center with lots of restaurants and there is a movie theater also. Breakfast great, room very clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

Very disappointed
    • King Room with Study

Was not given the room that we booked. Given a queen (possibly double) bed and booked a king. Was not informed of this at check in. Toilet did not work when we arrived and still did not work, after supposedly being repaired, when we left. Insufficient towels (only one for two people).

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

The front desk staff were do very friendly.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The hallways seemed to be old, cluttered and dark. This is mainly due to the design of the halways. Low ceilings. Not modern at all. Carpeting needs yo be updated. I spent one night and moved next door to the Hilton Residence for the next 9 day. Even though breakfast was not free, I enjoyed the stay at Hilton Residence Inn and was happy I made the move for the same price. Sorry.

The front desk staff were do very friendly. Nice people.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Much nicer than the more expensive hotel across the parking lot.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Only a couple of very minor things. The alarm clock was very difficult to set. The Television remote took forever to change channels. (The televisions from thirty years ago were better.) Perhaps it is because I shave in the shower, but I would like to have more corner shelves in the shower. As I said, very minor things.

Nearly everything was quite good to excellent..

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Convenient location and pleasant stay.
    • King Room with Study

Hotel is looking a little tired. I stayed there 12 months ago and carpets are grubby, paintwork shabby but the cleanliness of bathrooms and rooms was excellent.

Staff were pleasant. We were given a smoking room in error but were unable to swap as hotel was full until the next day. Transfer done quickly and efficiently. Breakfast good. Location good.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

I have only a few complaints.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I have only a few complaints. No matter what time we went to breakfast it was cold. The only hot items were the waffles and the oatmeal. As far as check out was concerned there was no one at the front desk. This disappointed me because I needed a paid receipt for the visit.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

I'd stay again
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Everything was good the cleanliness was excellent the ice machines on every floor were working. The Stef answered any concerns or questions about the surrounding area that I had and gave me some recommendations

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

I would recommend this hotel 8 out 10 score
    • King Room with Study

The AC control in the room was not controllable. The temp in the room was warm at times.

Housekeeping was excellent, as well as the front desk. The location was accessible to everything, food, shopping.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

The Hampton staff helped with the room assignment.
    • Double Room with Roll-in Shower - Mobility Accessible - Non-Smoking

Bookings did no represent the room that I was looking for. Not happy with booking.

The Hampton staff helped with the room assignment. The room I was assigned was small with only a full bed. The staff at the desk put us in a very good room for only a few dollars more. They had a nice housekeeping staff.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

We really enjoyed our stay and recommend this hotel
    • Double Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

The beds and pillows could have been more comfortable, but they weren't that bad.

I was impressed with how they designed the room. It was small but they made great use of the space and all four of us were able to stay comfortably. The location was great--there were a lot of restaurants and stores close by. The price was affordable. The staff were friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay there again.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

Loved the comforters
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

My issue was I was quoted a price on line and when we checked out it was almost $20 higher then what we were told. Made us unhappy

Loved the comforters

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

The breakfast area is way to small to accommodate guest when...
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The breakfast area is way to small to accommodate guest when hotel is busy. Guest were eating at the computer terminal. Not a good idea! The food area was over crowded and again way too small.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The elevator was broken and the bathroom was not clean

Wonderful staff, great stay. Will be staying here again next time through

Excellent breakfast

Location for my needs

Bathroom tile was loose

Location for my needs

Home away from home
    • Non-Smoking One Bedroom Executive King Room

The bed was super comfy and hotel in a great location

I was giving a smoking room, the odor very very bad

I was giving a smoking room, the odor very very bad

Ok
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

No refigerator in the room.

Good breakfast.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Good breakfast. Friendly staff especially at our 12:30 am arrival.

No microwave or refrigerator!
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

No microwave or refrigerator!

Comfortable and relaxing stay
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

It was very comfortable and relaxing stay

Hallways looked dated

It was great
    • Non-Smoking One Bedroom Executive King Room

Breakfast omelette had cheese in them I am lactose intolerant and couldn’t eat them

Had problems trying to adjust heat/
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Had problems trying to adjust heat/

Bed was very comfortable.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Bed was very comfortable...& the staff was very nice and pleasant.

great location, awesome people, great stay!

n/a

very nice and quiet.

Wonderful and relaxing
    • King Room with Study

Excellent hotel and great location

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

When i travel for work White Marshnis my favorite spot to...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

When i travel for work White Marshnis my favorite spot to stop. I always stayed at this hotel.

First time HI traveler

Clean facilities, great staff

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

After a long day of work their beds have the right sink and...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

After a long day of work their beds have the right sink and are extremely comfortable.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Clean comfortable room

Thin walls. Noisy

Clean room. Comfortable mattress.

For a basic hotel, this really exceeded our expectations, we would definitely stay there again.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Bed was great, staff were excellent, lots of choice at breakfast.

Very clean place, convenient to shopping and restaurants. Very friendlyvstaff

Surrounding cities.

Very convenient location.

Excelent !
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Cherry motel; everyone had a smile on his/her face. So helpful !

We were able to relax in lobby with other guest!
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We were able to relax in lobby with other guest! Breakfast was great had a variety of foods

Their was no refrigerator in the room

Their was no refrigerator in the room

Clean spacious great staff

Variety

Very enjoyable stay
    • King Room with Study

The clock, couldn't operate it.

It was quite and relaxing