Reviews of Hampton Inn Boston-Natick 3 stars

319 Speen Street, Natick, MA 01760, USA

#3 of 4 hotels in Natick

The free breakfast was truly great with an amazing selection...
    • Non-Smoking King Standard Room

The actual entry to lobby was not clearly visible at exterior. Parking spaces and signage needs to be improved so hotel appears more welcoming. Our room HVAC unit was loud as heck with a modern thermostat that failed to properly control temperature adequately.

The free breakfast was truly great with an amazing selection of foods. The bathroom and shower facility was clean and very functional. No scalding, shower curtains or slippery surfaces.

Free cookies? I'm in!
    • Non-Smoking King Study

Access to and from the property via Speen Street is difficult. Skybokx 109 (what is that K doing there anyway? ) menu options are limited and prices seem excessive. No guest laundry or pool.

Great friendly and helpful staff. Nice breakfast spread and huge breakfast room. Large, comfortable, quiet room. Free parking. In room refrigerators available. Cookies!

Room was roomy and mattress comfortable.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The price we paid was high for the location in my opinion.

Room was roomy and mattress comfortable. Breakfast was above adequate for free. The attached restaurant and bar were top notch.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The customer service at the hotel was awful! The people working the desk Navie especially was dry and unsympathetic when we received the wrong room. I tried to ask the host Lana for if they had deodorant the next day and she didn’t even know what deodorant was. Also the food at the restaurant bar was absolutely awful! I order Mac and cheese and they sent out spaghetti noodles with cheese in it. Yuck.

Great location,comfortable beds, very nice choices for breakfast.
    • Double Room with Roll in Shower - Non-Smoking

A group of girls from a spots team were staying across the hall and made too much noise. Slamming doors and talking really loud in the halls. That’s nothing the hotel could do about that just inconsiderate guest.

The staff was very busy due to many power workers staying there but the staff was still very pleasant and efficient.

Ok what’s not as nice as some of the others I have been to
    • Non-Smoking King Standard Room

Front desk was not very friendly and I had one of the cleaning staff walk in on me while I was in my bed

I like Hampton inn I use this hotel chain for most of my trips

It was clean and the people were nice but there are very limited food options
    • Non-Smoking King Standard Room

I requested to stay in a room with a tub a month before I stayed at the hotel but when I checked in they said there were no more available. The restaurant here isn’t very good and it’s really annoying to have to go to the mall every time you want to eat. You can’t buy food ahead of time because there’s no fridge to put it in. Also there’s no pay per view tv, and very limited channel options.

The room was very clean

Great location - close to mall amenities, bar/restaurant on site a bonus!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Because I booked via Booking.com I was unable to obtain the Hilton Honors points for my stay.

Room was large, pillows comfy, bathroom & shower very clean. SkyBokx restaurant and bar was a great bonus as we didn't have to travel outside in the cold! Delicious burgers & fries!

Great breakfast;
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Walls are a little thin - could hear other guests but not a bad experience overall. Good value for the price

Great breakfast; Friendly staff; clean facility; Awesome bed!

Perfect! Will stay again.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The WiFi did not work. I would connect but it was far too slow. The bathrooms could be slightly larger I think but all in all a great hotel!

Very comfortable and clean. The city had just received 18” of snow the day before and this hotel had their lot cleared and the building warm! The coffee is great and the breakfast appealing. The rooms are quiet and comfy for the price you pay you couldn’t get better.

Spacious room and onsite parking
    • Non-Smoking King Study

Hotel is dated. Breakfast didn’t work for us. If you don’t eat eggs or waffles then the options are limited. I thought it would be a wide choice based on other people’s reviews.

Spacious room and onsite parking

It was excellent and I will be staying there again.
    • Non-Smoking King Study

My card was charged $50.00 for possible incidentals. This was NOT explained to me at check in. I had to wait 3 days for the return credit.

Breakfast was awesome! Enjoyed the amenities. The staff was outstanding.

First time at this facility and would likely prefer it in the future over other options.
    • Non-Smoking King Standard Room

The bathroom was small and finding parking close to the hotel's entrances was difficult at times. Housekeeping on the 6th floor came at inconvenient times, late in the afternoon.

The beds and pillows were comfortable, the tv had high definition channels, the breakfast had great diversity and good quality.

The location worked well for our purpose.
    • Double Room with Roll in Shower - Non-Smoking

The decor is old fashioned. The price is too high. The breakfast is nasty. The cleaning staff is really loud and inconsiderate. It's like they're having a party outside in the hallways. It's not a good value at all.

The location worked well for our purpose.

Great! I would stay there again!
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The construction outside the hotel, but I understand that has nothing to due with the hotel.

The breakfast was perfect for our family of 6, very good selection. The room was nice and big, staff helpful, and we enjoyed our stay

My stay was on the whole very pleasant and the delicious free breakfast made a big difference.
    • Non-Smoking King Standard Room

There was a problem with the hot water in the tub and the cleanliness of the tub, but both of these problems were quickly attended to.

The complimentary daily breakfast was generous and excellent.

Choices were good.
    • Non-Smoking King Standard Room

Hotel was outdated and in the middle of remodeling. Had to climb over carpet layers to get to our room. One loud tv next to us from 11:00pm until approx 1:00am.

Choices were good.

Stay was good.
    • Non-Smoking King Standard Room

I don't care for the way the door opens into the bathroom. Also, there were signs indicating Ice and vending on the floor, but there was only vending ( I was on the fourth floor ). Had to go to another floor to get ice and it's all the way at the end of the hallway out into the stairwell, it's kind of creepy when you're alone . Parts of the room where dusty.

Bed was nice.

Beware of 72-hour incidentals charge.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

We booked 3 rooms for a wedding. I was really unhappy that the hotel put a hold of $50 per reservation on our credit cards for 72 hours for incidentals that we never used. This charge was never disclosed to us upon checking in or out. It was not removed when we fully paid for the room. Our stay at the hotel only consisted of 17 hours. I've had other hotels add a charge for incidentals, but only till checkout, when it was released if we didn't incur any charges. I thought this hotel's policy was very unreasonable.I Was told when I called to inquire that I could call my bank if I wanted the funds released.

Good location with helpful staff, and with some minor drawbacks.
    • Double Room with Roll in Shower - Non-Smoking

The room had problems with the window: water was dripping through it on rainy days. Maintenance was however quick to fix that issue. Also, besides the room rate + taxes, the hotel also charged my card with an extra 50 + 1 dollars, "as a precaution to potential damages that may be done to the room", to be transferred back to my account once I checked out. This was nowhere stated as a cost element when booking, and I also didn't receive this money yet as of the time of writing this (three days after checkout).

Helpful staff and excellent breakfast. Provides free shuttle service to and from nearby business facilities. Free gym included in room rates. Easily provided an invoice for my workplace during checkout.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Location Worked, Front Desk Didn't
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I made this reservation for my family who was coming in to town for our daughter's graduation. It took more than an hour to check in. Rude and unhelpful front desk. I will never again recommend out of town guests stay here.

Nice to have breakfast downstairs. Good location from shopping and highway.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Staff attitude toward resolving payment issue.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Staff attitude toward resolving payment issue. According to my reservation that was done 7 month before using Booking .com the total amount for the room rate should be equals 399.89USD. However, during check out they ask me 444.56USD. When I had mentioned, that I made reservation for 399.89USD and even showed hard copy of the reservation, hotel staff didn't take any action even to look in. A lady at the reception just said that she doesn't care about a price from Booking.com. So, they had charged me 44 USD more than I should pay

Clean, comfortable and convenient
    • Non-Smoking King Standard Room

Could smell cig smoke from a neighboring room. Someone was on the phone in the next room and very loud very early in the room next door. Building interior and carpets getting very worn and tired looking. Been coming here for the past 4 years.

Great beds, great shower, nice breakfast, free parking, free Wifi, location is excellent.

Great value in Natick.
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The elevators need refurnishing, and so does some of the hardware in the rooms. The suite is set up with a microwave, refrigerator, and storage, but had no dishwater or utensils.

This hotel could use some renovation but the staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful. The location is also great for access to Wellesley College, the Natick Mall, and to the airport if you are traveling outside rush hour.

enjoyed our two night stay
    • Non-Smoking King Standard Room

thought room included a frig, but no problem as you have to request and sent to room quickly.

easy shuttle to train station. sports bar/restaurant connected to hotel. excellent assortment at breakfast. friendly and helpful staff at front desk.

Rooms are clean.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast, while generous, is not very good. I've stayed st this property 4 times in 4 years and have always been underwhelmed by their breakfast.

Rooms are clean. Beds are comfy. Staff is really nice.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

This is not the good Hampton Inn. I've had better service at other Hampton Inns.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

There was not a fridge or microwave in my room. The room felt dark and unclean. I could not ever get the temperature adjusted correctly. There was trash in the hallway that housekeeping did not finish picking up. The staff was friendly, but when I went to check in, there was an issue on how much I was charged, when I tried to explain that there was an issue, they refused to listen. Additionally, they refused to give me a receipt to reflect that my card was charged. I was overcharged, which was the hotel's fault, and not Booking.com. Booking was very helpful in assisting me to get my refund; moreover, I called corporate on the local hotel about the issues I experienced at the hotel.

I appreciated that there was a restaurant and snack area located within the hotel. The WiFi worked well.

Plenty of room;
    • Double Room with Roll in Shower - Non-Smoking

Bed was too small; shower put massive quantities of water onto the floor

Plenty of room; sitting opportunities, varied and comfortable; shower, escellent.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was dreadful. The jams were in an open container with a spoon. I couldn't eat the quiche. It was like rubber. They should use real stainless steel rather than plastic forks and knives. The staff are not well trained. For the first day we were there the staff did not tell us that there was a shuttle available free of charge to take us to the train station, even though we asked them how to get there. Apparently, some of them did not know that there was a shuttle service. We spent a fortune on taxis. The second day, a lovely lady who worked at the desk informed us of the shuttle service. They should take the carpets out of the rooms. They are smelly and not very clean.

The beds were comfy. Some of the staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast tea and coffee was good. The shuttle service was good, once we were informed of it.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Hampton inn never disappoints

Can't think of any negatives. It was a hot day and the hallway was a bit warm but our room was fine. And that's just being picky.

I'm a loyal Hampton inn guest. Always clean and comfortable, always friendly, and always affordable. I never bother staying anywhere else.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Just OK
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The location was not easy to get to, and the parking situation was less than ideal. The attached restaurant was so-so.

The free wifi and included breakfast were great.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Very comfortable stay, nice, roomy and clean rooms.
    • Non-Smoking King Study

Would have been nice to have a mini-fridge, but not at all a necessity.

The room was very spacious and the bed very comfortable. Easy and quick check in/out and the hotel staff was friendly.

Very affordable, comfortable and convenient!
    • Non-Smoking King Standard Room

Nothing I can think of, really!

Only had breakfast, which was generous, varied, and delicious! And shuttle service to and from Framingham stop of Logan express was so convenient. I tipped drivers both ways! And location was so convenioent to my nephew's home in Natick where we enjoyed his family's annual St. Patrick's celebration!

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Meh...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Rooms and facility in need of a renovation. Since December it has gotten fairly bad. Bang for your buck is just not there.

Convenient place to eat downstairs. Over-all a decent place to stay.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

although i didnt really have breakfast as i left hotel very...
    • Non-Smoking King Standard Room

although i didnt really have breakfast as i left hotel very early Sunday am in order to catch a flight, i did go get some coffee and a muffin. looked like the breakfast spread was very nice and pleantiful!! facility was very large, comfortable setting.

I would stay here again and also recommend it.
    • Non-Smoking King Standard Room

The bed wasn't bad, but could use a more comfortable mattress.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and inviting. The location is walking distance to the mall, shops, dining and liquor store. An indoor pub is a plus as well as a free hot hotel breakfast.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

relaxing , worry free !
    • King Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

wish there were bacon , bananas and white bread for toast at breakfast.

The room was extrmely comfortable especially the bed. staff were very accomadating .

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Good Intentions but needs some thinking.
    • Double Room with Roll in Shower - Non-Smoking

Breakfast - Food quality was good but the fact that it was on paper plates/ bowls and with plastics Spoons/Knives/ forks I felt for a hotel with the standing of the Hilton group it certainly lowered it ! We were amazed by this and nearly considered buying our own cutlery etc. No one we know would eat this way at home.

Hotel was very good . Nice and clean / comfortable. Good sized room Friendly staff looking to please at all times. Couple of room problems but sorted immediately.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Very good hotel close to big mall and restaurants
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Big breakfast area - no problem to get a seat. Small changes in breakfast each day was nice. Room was very nice. Parking ok. Nice staff. Close to restaurants and big mall.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Okay, but nothing special
    • Non-Smoking King Study

Weak water pressure in the shower. Housekeeping staff engaged in a spirited discussion right outside our door, very early on a Saturday morning. Also, is it necessary to vacuum at 8 am? Would have loved to be able to watch HBO, but it is not included in the channel lineup.

Convenient location.. Very friendly staff. Comfortable bed. Clean, large room.

Will not return
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel was dirty. Needs updating. Carpets filthy throughout. Hotel room bathroom moldy, dirty & rust . Door hinge falling off. Breakfast not great.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

A Good Family Value in Natick/Boston.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The carpets in the elevators are beginning to show some wear. The clock in the exercise room needs to be repaired. Please add another elliptical and stationary bike to the fitness center!

This is still our favorite place to stay when visiting Boston and Wellesley. The staff are friendly and helpful, and we always meet nice people in the breakfast bar. It is an easy drive to Boston and a short drive by the lake to Wellesley.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Convenient location.
    • Non-Smoking King Study

You can tell this was upgradedone but not done well in the rooms. Can see where bathroom ceiling wasn't painted well, ceiling has cracked/peeling paint on it - resembling a previous flood. Coffee splash stains on the hinges for the bathroom door. Also a mini fridge in our room would have been nice since we have a small child who needs food at different times throughout the day/night.

Convenient location. Great breakfast set up and eating area.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Great spot to stay for the beginning of our daughter's Wellesley Orientation week.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

We had a snafu with check-in. Only a portion of my name was listed on the registration so it delayed our check in.

The staff was very attentive. Access to the business center safe and easy. We also enjoyed the morning breakfast, a mix of hot and cold foods - and great coffee

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

I recommend
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

There was spiders in everywhere!

Breakfast and the staffs was very good. Room was very large and comfortable. You can stay at this hotel for your visits to Boston if you have car. It's very close to shopping malls and 20 minute drive to Boston

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

nice big comfortable rooms
    • Double Room with Roll in Shower - Non-Smoking

the carpeting in the rooms looks old and dirty, the hallways look tired and dated. more healthy and fresh choices at the breakfast buffet, pls.

nice big comfortable rooms

Bathroom
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Did not like the bathroom very very small!!!!! No vent in bathroom. Had problems with one of the table lamps, found out it was on an extencion cord. Did not like that. And bed to close to door. Staff at desk was not that friendly.

That they had 3 elevators. Breakfast staff nice. Breakfast was very nice.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Still a good value in Natick
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Parts of the carpet in our room were wet, even after we reported it. Drain in shower was clogged.

Convenient location. Knowledgeable staff. Helpful cleaning staff.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Way below expectations
    • Non-Smoking King Study

When we booked the room for 2 adults and 2 children (aged 17 & 12) we saw a photo of a room with 2 large beds. In reality we got a room with a king sized bed and a sofa bed which provided a lot less sleeping space. There is no fridge in the room which we didn't expect as had one in all other motels/hotels we booked in the US. Our greatest problem was with breakfast served on plastic plates with plastic cutlery. This is so unsustainable we were amazed such a large chain did this. Also the floor in the breakfast room was so sticky with juice etc that it was difficult to walk on. Overall a real disappointment.

If you are into shopping malls and using the car, this is perfect.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Overall I would not hesitate to stay here again.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

We found the rooms to be very nice, clean and comfortable. The bathroom grout could be updated or cleaned, the air vent didn't seem to function. Overall the bathroom needed a little updating.

Overall we found the facilities to be very good. Everything was clean and well organized. Ample parking in the front and back and safe. Breakfast had plenty of choice and everything tasted very good.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Nice place to sleep between meetings.
    • Non-Smoking King Study

Wifi was poor. Ended up using my hotspot over the hotel's wifi. I was in a room at the very end of the hall. It connected but speeds were very slow (maybe not enough bandwidth for all the guests?)

Quiet--was able to work and sleep in comfort

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

Very good hotel and restaurant off the lobby is a plus. I would recommend the hotel stay again.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Have all 3 elevators working when hotel is busy, especially with tour groups and cleaning staff using elevators that were tied up for too long.

Staff was very helpful with requests.

AC was very noisy

AC was very noisy

Size of bed

Size of bed

Our accommodations helped make this vacation one of the best ever!

No complaints

A friendly atmosphere, attractive and clean lobby, very tasty breakfast with lots of choices and a roomy room!

Hotel was very clean, staff was very friendly, location was...
    • Double Room with Roll in Shower - Non-Smoking

Hotel was very clean, staff was very friendly, location was perfect, breakfast was unbelievably, a lots of food, great

Nice room
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

A fridge in room would have been nice.

Nice room Enjoyed complimentary tea before bedtime!

Conveniently located to highways and malls.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Noisy. Touristy. Ugly lobby.

Spacious rooms

Great place to stay!
    • Non-Smoking King Standard Room

Great place to stay, the staff was outstanding!

Very clean, friendly, I would recommend this hotel to family and friends.
    • Double Room with Roll in Shower - Non-Smoking

The staff was very nice. Loved the location, very close to shopping.

We were very happy to see Matzah for Passover breakfast !
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Front desk was busy long minutes before he could talk to us.

We were very happy to see Matzah for Passover breakfast !!!

AC was loud.

AC was loud.

short
    • King Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

see comment

Hotel is fine but the restaurant makes it an enjoyable place to stay.

Internet seemed slow

On site restaurant is a huge plus

Good weekend getaway

No complaints

Very clean and great location

Breakfast was great!

No pool

Breakfast was great!

The cookies after six were great :-)
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I would like some handsanitizer in the gym

The cookies after six were great :-)

It was adequate
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Paper plates and plastic utensils for breakfast

good place
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Nice place, slightly expensive for the price. Breakfast is good compared to other hotels, but not fancy of course.

Nice, clean and comfortable .
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Nice, clean and comfortable .

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

My stay was wonderful

That I had to leave

Very comfortable and breakfast was delicious, staff were very professional and helpful

Great hotel in the middle of a shopping paradise

Great hotel in the middle of a shopping paradise

Average Hampton Inn.
    • Non-Smoking King Study

Room amenities are minimal. No fridge or safe.

The location across from the Natick Mall is very convenient.

We always stay at the Boston/Natick Hampton Inn for the convenience.
    • Non-Smoking King Standard Room

The duvet is pretty but quite heavy.

Good breakfast. I like not having to go out of hotel to eat.