Reviews of Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody 3 stars

59 Newbury Street - Route 1 North, Peabody, MA 01960, USA

#3 of 7 hotels in Peabody

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The tea station needs to be tended to. Warmer water and tea selections. All day and night.

We didn’t get on WiFi for some reason it wasn’t connecting. I also don’t think we got our Hilton rewards perks but either way we had a great stay.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

If there is anything I could’ve changed, it would’ve been the price. $200.00 is a lot for a 15 hour stay. Understand it is the going rate in the area.

Hotel was clean. Staff was friendly and accommodating during our stay.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

There wasn’t anything that we didn’t like.

The breakfast was awesome!! The room and especially bed was comfortable and location was perfect for my weekend getaway to Salem with my granddaughter.

• Non-Smoking King Study

Beds not comfortable, found out door didn't lock until day before checkout and 2 vending machines that don't work properly

TV was nice , bathroom nice and breakfast was good

• Non-Smoking King Study

During breakfast many items were out and we had to wait for them. example: sugar for our coffee, waffle mix, etc. Also, tables were not clean - had to find someone and then when I did I had to wait while she did other things and my food was getting cold. Also, there was no Do Not Disturb sign in our room and we wanted to go for breakfast and come back to the room. I saw the hotel maid outside our room and asked her not to clean the room yet. She said yes. Of course when we got back from breakfast it was cleaned. I had left my purse and jewelry there and not that I don't trust people, but that was very upsetting to me. I went down to tell the desk clerk and he LAUGHED and said that he was not surprised because he told me that the maids do not speak English. I was upset as it was and then to him have laugh made it worse. I told him that I did not find it funny. No apology either. He did try to "Comp" me but because we were not a Hilton Honors customer and had gone through a third party booking company he could not do anything.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The Business Center was out in the open. It should be in a separate room. Poor signage to access Hotel Road from the South.

Staff was very helpful and accommodating.

• King Room with Bath - Mobility Access

Vending machine on two floors were not working and had no laundry so had to go to the hotel next door to wash clothes.

Staff was great, very friendly and accommodating.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

The rooms were small & beds were horrible extremely uncomfortable woke up with back and neck pain & to enjoy breakfast that none of us were all that thrilled about.

The staff was very helpful &friendly. They do a great job at keeping the rooms & building clean.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing about the hotel itself Location wasn’t the greatest being right on a highway. It was a pain just to drive down the street to eat.

Very clean and staff was friendly and assisted whenever possible

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room keys were tough to use sometimes. Beds were not too bad, a little too squishy for me. TV was hard to work, couldn't change channels easily or adjust volume well. No fridge. (Don't worry, I still plan to come back anytime I'm in the area).

Nice variety for breakfast. Rooms are clean & comfortable. Great location, friendly staff.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The manager was excellent. She was very observant of her patrons. We were there for a funeral she went got a paper and save the obituaries for us cuz we were out of town.

• Non-Smoking King Study

The comforter on the bed was slippery and slid down in the night The room was only fairly sound proof

Staff was very pleasant and helpful Breakfast menu was good

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Check out should be a little later Drinks are watery orange , apple,crab juice Lady in the breakfast area was on top of everyone itaking there plate and news paper witout being done didn’t like that hovering over us

Room was clean bed comfortable Shower great

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Breakfast had a good selection but things were not refreshed in a timely manner. Two of the three mornings I was there I had stale french toast and hardened cheese omletes to choose from. The third morning I had stale scrambled eggs that were more the consistency and taste of hard boiled yokes. I always stay at the Hampton Inn when I travel and I have never experienced a breakfast selection such as this. Also, the breakfast woman was overbearingly in my personal space (her body was touching mine) and reaching in front of me to refill things that could have waited until I moved. Something in my room set off my allergies, so I was pretty miserable while in my room.

The hotel was clean and staff were very helpful. I loved the lobby decor and ambience at night.

• Non-Smoking King Study

I can't rate one thing becsuse everything gave me a great comfort.

The over all services and treatment from reception to reception was very pleasent.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Yes, our bathroom door handle broke, no water in rooms. Vending machines gave out wrong soda purchased. Breakfast subpar

Location and beds Coffee good

• King Room with Bath - Mobility Access

That we had to leave so soon and that there was no fridge in the room. But it wasn't that big of a deal, we adjusted.

Super clean, staff was super nice, and the location was great!! Beds were super comfortable, nice outdoor sitting area, and plenty of parking.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

management could do more about fixing things.

There was an elderly lady serving breakfast at the hotel; she was the kindest, nicest lady! She would go out of her way to make customers happy. Such a Godly woman! Loved her spirit. She asked everyone if they were happy. She made my day!

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The only thing that bothered me in a really nice lobby area were the cushions on the high bar stools, they were really dirty. If replaced the Libby waiting area is neat and comfortable.

The coffee and tea in reception was great and the seating area was spacious.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Only one elevator available; 2nd elevator was down. Breakfast was mediocor. Cheese omlettes just don't seem to work. Appreciated the whole fruit.

Lobby was neatly kept. Appreciated the courtesy coffee that I could take back to the room.

• Non-Smoking King Study

Breakfast foods and coffee could've been a little hotter, but overall everything was very good.

Very friendly staff. Good variety of breakfast choices.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The property charges a $60 fee for damages. This is not mentioned at the time of booking. The charge is supposed to be credited to you account in 3 business days after checking out.

• Non-Smoking King Study

There were elevator issues the entire week we were there. Only one worked the week of our stay. One night neither worked at all for a few hours. I’m pregnant and had to walk the six flights of stairs to our room. Went to the front desk for toilet paper one morning. They didn’t have any so they said they would send someone up with some. It took 1.5 hours.

Hot freshly baked chocolate chip cookies every night we’re a nice treat! Staff was very friendly.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

driving to the property was a nightmare. Easy to get lost. NOT easy to turn around because this property is on a highway and you can't turn around for miles and miles (10 miles). And there are NO good signage for new drivers to follow to get back to the property if you miss it by an inch. Nightmare!!!!

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I would have liked a refrigerator in the room. There was hair from a previous guest in our bathroom. The tv remote did not have a "guide" option and it would have been helpful to have information about local attractions in the room.

Beds were comfortable, free breakfast was nice and there was a decent selection of options. Front desk staff was very polite and helpful. Good location for visiting both Salem and Boston.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was very helpful with directions. Also,when our toilet wouldn't flush and the tub drain was clogged. They had someone up to the room as soon as it was possible. After that everything was smooth sailing. The four of us loved coming back in the evening and sitting down stairs drinking coffee and just talking, very comfortable setting.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

We got locked out one night and had to wait for the one and only staff member to let us in. It was after hours and the card swiper at the main entrance wasn’t working. There were a few of us waiting to get in. We only waited a few minutes before she came, thankfully.

We loved it. The bed and pillows were comfy. The staff was very friendly. Overall it was a great place and I’d definitely stay there again.

• Non-Smoking King Study

Loved the included breakfast, and that they offered different options each day. Their Halloween decorations were so cute too! 10 minutes outside of Salem, you really couldn't beat it.

NADA

Beds were comfortable, didn't get to eat breakfast because of sleeping good. Plenty of places to eat near by and Wal mart close. If I travel to the Boston area again will stay here. Staff was friendly and very helpful.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

They authorized my credit the wrong amount too much they over charge me 250 and had hold of my money and didn't release it Not very help full I was on budget and took 250 out of my account I didn't have to spare . I had to get cash after to pay the last day fear of they over charging me again while I wait for the double charge of the hold to come off

Nice clean

• Non-Smoking King Study

Guest laundry was at sister hotel next door.

Convenient stopover on the way to Boston. Very welcoming staff who advised about local restaurants. Comfortable bed. Breakfast better than at other Hampton Inns that we've stayed in.

• Non-Smoking King Study

I cant think of anything being better. It was great.

The bed was amazing to sleep in, best night sleep i have had in a while. 20 minute drive from salem, and the breakfast was so good!

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Room smelled bad. I couldn't understand the desk due to a heavy accent. Shower head fell off. I wasn't allowed to use AAA discount even though I did at another Hampton. Tour bus woke me up at 5:30a.m. backing up so that he could take luggage. Mattress was not good.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Water vending machine was all messed up. Nothing matched the buttons. Wanted water, got nothing. Chose ginger ale, got pepsi which I am unable to drink. I was not the only person who had this problem.

I enjoyed the morning buffet and the quiet of the room. Also the staff was professional and accommodating.

• Non-Smoking King Study

We booked a night here thru booking.com, decided to add a night which we did and booking.com confirmed it by email. When we arrived at the hotel, the hotel said we were only booked for ONE night. When we tried to add the night on, it was at a much higher price. The staff would not budge on granting us the agreed upon price with booking.com. We were not happy and left after one night. The staff is not the most accommodating.

The breakfast was good. Excellent choice of western omelette, french toast sticks, waffles, bacon, cereals, breads, yogurts, fruit bowl, pastries, muffins. Bedroom is ample and very clean. Choice of TV channels not the greatest. Area has ample parking, restaurants, shopping.

• Non-Smoking King Study

Pillows were way too soft, our room was right by the fitness room so it was noisy at times, key cards did not work easily.

Was easy to find and get to, staff was very friendly and accommodating, all was accessible, felt comfortable and safe, room & bathroom clean, nice pool, good breakfast, decent location - close to a lot of things.

• Non-Smoking King Study

The breakfast could have been better. I don't like paper thin bacon. Potatoes were ok, a bit soggy from sitting. Nothing good about scrambled eggs anywhere.

The hotel was very clean. Location was ideal for us. 20 minute drive to Salem, with no traffic.

• Non-Smoking King Study

I did not have any issues or problems on my stay

Everything was absolutely perfect and then some! There was a very nice display of fruit and coffee/tea/hot chocolate for you to.take! The rooms were perfectly cleaned!

• Non-Smoking King Study

One elevator was out of order but didn't affect our visit.

Staff accommodating. Bed comfortable with lots of pillows. Shower hot. Lots of items to choose from for breakfast. Was very tasty. Would recommend to others and come back again.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room temperature was difficult to adjust but we figured it out eventually.

The meal offerings were diverse for all of us traveling. The kids enjoyed the pool. The beds were comfy. Finally, the toiletries were generous and helpful in terms of supplementing what we had.

• Non-Smoking King Study

The pool closed at 9PM. This is a bit early if you are exploring a city like Boston. Though the breakfast had a good selection the lines to get breakfast and the lack of seating was a struggle.

The room was spacious and very comfortable.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

WiFi was not working and the night time staff seemed oblivious on how to fix it. You can not cross the medium to get to restaurants and stores on the other side of the road without going well out of the way to do it.

The property and decor was nice. The day time staff at check out were accommodating. The Breakfast was lovely.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel was nice, clean, good breakfast, newly refurbished indoor pool and conveniently located for the activities we were doing; but on a busy highway so traffic noise all night long.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The only issue was the sounds of Harley Davidson's waking us up in the late evening and early morning but that the couldn't be controlled by Hotel.

Great Accommodations, great staff (very helpful to assist with directions and hold our luggage for early check in). The breakfast and breakfast staff were Excellent!

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel charged me $30 more than my reservation said I was going to pay. There was some kind of drug deal or affair going on in the parking lot behind our room. The lady involved in whichever it was peed in the parking lot twice. In full view of everyone. Trash came at 3am and we know because it woke us up. The toilet overflowed. The pool was closed. The continental breakfast made everyone queasy.

Liked every thing.

Handicapp roll in shower in room,was best of any hotel. Beds were also very comfortable. Pool area was cleanest I ve ever seen and it was easy to access w disability too.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Vending machines broken 2 on floor 1 and on floor 3 had 1 broke it was a task just to get a drink. The pool was very cold not sure if there is anything you can do about that

Breakfast was great

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Room was very small. Very dirty. When we got there we got the key and the room was not ready so they gave us another room. They should provide fridges and microwaves. The coffee maker is a very old kind we didn't even use. Their beds are very small. I think they are in need of upgrading everything in the rooms. The bathroom was dirty and the whole room stunk bad. I had to go buy air freshener for it. We will never stay at the Hampton ever again.

Breakfast was okay

• Non-Smoking King Study

Advertised swimming pool out of service for a while, would have been known when I booked. Was told we could use the pool in the hotel next door but that was not in use during our stay either. Also the guy on reception could not two me what my stay would cost when we checked in and had to put a hold amount on my card.

Breakfast good, room comfortable. Good location with plenty of places to eat nearby.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The pool was under construction so we had to walk to the neighbor hotel and the front desk staff was sitting right out front smoking

Hotel room was VERY clean and the complimentary soap was great

• King Room with Sofa Bed

The first room that the hotel gave us had an odor which later that night we found out was mold from the air conditioner leaking on to the carpet. They did move us to a new room the second night but we had to leave our bags in the reception area until a room opened up hours later. Management didn't even apologize for the inconvenience, stay clear of this hotel there are much better options in the area.

The property was in a convenient location.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The lobby was oppressively hot & I couldn't finish my breakfast b/c I couldn't handle the heat, it made me physically ill. They had very strange cooling systems in the lobby that looked atrocious and did NOT cool at all.

Beds were comfy

• King Room with Sofa Bed

I little more sound deadening would be helpful. Especially for slamming doors - there really should be an easy way for hotels to have the guest room door close without the need to wake up the surrounding rooms.

Nice staff. Great breakfast. Comfortable beds. Good location for our needs. Love the orange iced tea!

• King Room with Sofa Bed

You really owe me a free stay They had no air conditioning on the first floor and it was extremely hot for breakfast stayed there 3 days I was not happy about that at all

Location and staff

• King Room with Bath - Mobility Access

We noticed our room wasn't cleaned very well from the people who previously stayed there. There were bottles under the chair and a weird thing on the wall that looked like a noodle.

The employees were very helpful and kind.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The property is very difficult to get into/out of because of it's location on the highway. We arrived and our check in was delayed by 30 minutes in a non-air conditioned lobby because they had the wrong booking price (I booked on Booking at $139 and they were charging me $159). I had to wait for them to call Booking and get paperwork faxed through before they could put me in my room. Then they charged me 20% more for incidentals (even though there was no way to charge anything to the room). We got up to the room and it was damp. The AC wasn't working properly so everything had a feeling of being wet. We were only staying overnight so we didn't say anything or try to change. We took the kids to the indoor pool which was in disarray and all of the chairs were soaked as was the floor. There were no towels so I had to go ask the front desk. The pool was so cold (even indoors) that my boyfriend couldn't even swim in it with the kids and the kids came out shivering. The beds were really soft, the pillows barely existent and I slept horribly.

Breakfast was very good. Make your own waffles. Eggs, bagels, cereals, muffins, fruits, etc.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The few seats where you could have breakfast. The fact that there was no possibility to have lunch or dinner at the hotel, despite the fact that there were only two other restaurants in walking distance.

The many choices for breakfast

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast can use more options but it's standard and offered so can't really complain when you are getting a mug of hot tea or ☕️

Ease of doing business and ability to work with us Rooms are great Staff are just lovely and very peaceful and efficient place

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room smelt of stale cigarette and the bathroom could have been cleaner. The bed was uncomfortable. The room was waaaay overpriced for the outdated unclean condition.

The lobby was clean and updated. Pool was nice. The staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Non-Smoking King Study

The morning staff that was handling breakfast was incredible rude when I mentioned my food allergy to all nuts, tree nuts and I'm on a strict gluten free diet do to migraines. I asked if the hotel had a menu that had all ingredients. She went to the back room came back to the table and tossed a white binder at me. I looked through when I saw her again I ask about the Chex cereal and she said we don't have that, she took the binder & walked away. I spoke with an employee at the front desk and was given a sheet to fill out so the Sunday morning I would be able to eat breakfast with my family. That didn't seem to matter because nothing was put aside for me. Saturday night May 13th we returned to the hotel, not gonna lie I was super excited because I saw Neutrogena projects. But excitement went away real quick when I used the body lotion. In small light brown print the lotion contains sesame seed formula. Sesame seeds and oil fall under the tree but family. After multiple calls to both the hotel and Neutrogena I keep being told that the bottles are to small to print any information other than the company logo. I had no other choice but to use my eppipen. I didn't want my kids to spend Mother Day with me in the hospital. I've included photos of myself showing the rash and the hives that still to this day is healing and hurts. Because of how raw, itchy, red and how much Benadryl I was taking my family brought me home instead of spending the day in Salem. It was supposed to be fun and here we are in June & im still not 100% better.

Checking in on Friday night May 12th was easy and fast are beds were comfortable.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Over powering smell of chemical cleaners

Unfortunately our room smelled so strongly of chemical cleaner that we were unable to spend the night. We had headaches, sore throats, and burning eyes after only 1 hour in our room. The staff was great in attempting to make accommodations for us-although unfortunately had no other place to put us. We drove 4 hours home at 10:30PM that night. They gave us a full refund.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Cleanliness was poor, short and curly hair in towel in bath. Termite or flying ant came out of ceiling.

Staff good. Slightly misinformed on a couple things.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The free breakfast had eggs, sausage, waffles, pastries, and fruit. The room was very clean and the hotel was conveniently located next to restaurants and we got to the airport in 15 minutes and Salem in 5 minutes to see all the attractions.

• Non-Smoking King Study

Even though the towels were soft the bedding was beautiful and comfortable. The bed was hard, tossed and turned all night. Bed bounced and woke my husband up each time I moved and went to the bathroom threw the night. The bed needs to be replaced.

The breakfast was delicious, you get to make your very on Waffles and the food was warm. Lots of food to chose from.

Nothing!!!

Very clean hotel. Very private, secure. Free breakfast included, and 24 hr coffee bar. Very ample parking, nearby restaurants and malls. The breakfast was very good. I had french toast sticks, sausage patties, and scrambled eggs. They also have cold cereals, hot oatmeal, all types of bagels/breads/muffins, fruit bowl, yogurt. I totally enjoyed my stay and will definitely go back.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Our room had a bug! Yuck! It jumped on my kids bed! Caught it and took a picture and brought it to the desk. They moved us to a different room and didn't charge us for that night. It should have been for both nights!! We picked that hotel bec they had a great picture of the pool but it was closed for renovation and was not even noted when we made reservation so it sucked. It was not worth it!

Food was good and bed was comfortable but we are not going back there!

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• King Room with Bath - Mobility Access

The pool was closed, had no idea when booking, no hot tub, very disappointed, no fridge in the room , extremely disappointed!, rate charged did not reflect the comfort at all. Breakfast was very poor.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The only thing that bothers me is the road-- it's confusing at first, trying to navigate old Route 1, and finding good, strong coffee is always a challenge in the morning.

Close to Salem, decent value, clean and comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

• Non-Smoking King Study

Loved the room very nice, very comfortable bed,breakfast was key ,oh and loved the pool ,also the people at the desk were very very nice and helpful, thank u for our stay I will be staying again, thank you

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The smell or aroma on the hallway. The furniture in the room. Especially, the lighting from the hallway entering through the room door while being close.

The breakfast.

• King Room with Bath - Mobility Access

We checked into the hotel and the front desk staff was very nice. When we got to the room, we realized the water wasn't working so I called down and they said it would be about 30-45 minutes. I wish they would've just told us that at the front desk. Later that night, the fire alarm went off at 6AM. I wish there was a better communication if something was going on because I was woken up by the alarm and called down and was told their working on it while I could hear people in the hall way freaking out. All we were given was a notice to apologize and 500 points that wouldn't make a difference to a future stay. It was my first time staying here and I honestly don't think I would be back with all the issues we had for just 1 night.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

• Non-Smoking King Study

The television didn't work well...there was no on screen channel guide, none of the channels were where they were supposed to be according to the printed list and the remotes barely worked.

Breakfast was good with lots of options.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• Non-Smoking King Study

A few more pillows would be nice for the king beds.

I wish breakfast was a bit longer but everything was great. Clean comfortable and quiet. Perfect night out. Also your staff was fantastic. Very efficient and friendly.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

We enjoyed our stay here overall. It would have been nice to have had a refrigerator in the room.

We really enjoyed the hot breakfast! The eggs and bacon were very good. The entire staff was friendly from the man who checked us in Sat. evening to the housekeeper who said good morning when we came down for breakfast andthe gentleman that came to our table during breakfast to talk with us and the woman that checked us out Sunday morning.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

We visited Peabody because it was less than 10 miles from an Art College we were visiting. We were on the first leg of our College Tour. The young lady at the front desk greeted us the second we walked in the door and we were checked in in a matter of minutes. She was extremely knowledgeable and pleasant. She explained where everything was located as well as telling us about the complimentary breakfast. Our room was clean as well clean smelling. Our beds were Super comfortable and we had the perfect amount of pillows. The comforters were nice and warm as well. All in all we had a great nights sleep and a wonderful fresh breakfast that included waffles! We would definitely recommend them to our family and friends.