Reviews of Hampton Inn Boston-Norwood 3 stars

434 Providence Highway Route 1, Norwood, MA 02062, USA

#3 of 5 hotels in Norwood

Close to were I wanted to be

The bed was super uncomfortable me and my husband wake up with back pains. We stay there in the past and didn’t had problems. I guess they gave us the worst room in the place.

Close to were I wanted to be

Second time staying there and will stay again.

No complaints.

I called around 530p to let them know I would be a late check in and they checked me in!! My keys were waiting when we arrived at 12mn!!! Breakfast is nice. Staff kept the food filled, no waiting. 2 rooms both nice. King bed was comfortable.

This Hotel and restaurant was great Amy our waitress was...
    • Queen Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Food was ok in the restaurant also the skirt on the base on the bed had a stain on it so we slept in our clothes as it was late when we noticed it didn't want to bother any one the room was on the 4 the floor. Our room on the 6th floor there was weird noises think comming from fridge and also fan next store but overall enjoyed our stay but cleaness is important to us and the skirt with the stain and dirty carpet is very off putting otherwise the rest of the place was extremely clean.

This Hotel and restaurant was great Amy our waitress was very welcoming and very nice Amy was knowledgeable and fun. The Hotel was clean and Sarah the day receptionist was fantastic very friendly very helpful def goes above and beyond. Loved the pool and whirl pool great time thank you will be back.

Disappointing.

I booked this hotel over the other hotel options specifically because it offered a pool and hot tub. They were not open. The hours of operation did not allow us to use either.

The bed was comfortable and the room was clean.

Our stay was very pleasant, helful staff , excellent breakfast, good location.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

None We came in almost to the closing time of the restaurant so we were told the kitchen will be closing soon, so we ordered sometching that can be shared amongst us to shorten the preparation on behalf of chef’s time. The server gave us an attitude, dropping service plates , did not come gave me the drink that was ordered and abrupt to us. We never went back there again.

The staff was very accommodating when the initial room was not to our need with a separate room from the 3rd guess.

This is our favorite hotel in the Norwood area.

The bedroom and bathroom were well designed with comfort and convenience in mind. The breakfasts were varied and delicious, and there was always hot coffee available (with cookies in the afternoon).

Despite the noise outside my room I enjoyed staying at the hotel.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

There were children running and screaming in the hallway outside of my room for 2 of the nights I stayed at the hotel.

The room was clean, comfortable and relaxing. I loved the complimentary WiFi.

Beware of glass in the pool
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

The pool was unimpressive. It was 3.5 feet deep all the way down, making it difficult to swim. And there was a broken glass thermometer in the pool that my daughter cut her foot on. When it was brought to the attention of the pool attendant she didn't seem phased by the hazard. She just brought my daughter an alcohol pad and a band-aid (her foot was bleeding too much for just a band-aid) and went back to her cell phone.

The room looked nice and was clean. The front desk staff were friendly.

Not very good.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Upon check-in the computers were not working properly therefore it took time to check-in. We attempted to speak to a housekeeper and she said that she didn't speak English. On Sunday at breakfast, tables were not being cleared so many of the tables were not available to use and it was crowded. The people working had to be told that the scrambled eggs needed to be replenished.

Price
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Check in desk charged me twice and was rude when I inquired about it. Poorly trained front desk staff. Never saw a manager and wasn’t contacted by a manager on the issue

Price

Excellent stay

the breakfast was fair and I couldn't retrieve my voice mail.

Location, the room was clean and inviting, the bed was comfortable, the staff lovely, and I loved the in room television. Overall a great stay!

Very enjoyable and comfortable stay, will definitely be back again.

We had no problems.

The bed was super comfortable. The breakfast was great. The pool and hot tub very good. The location is absolutely terrific, right off the highway with easy access to Boston and all points south of the city.

We were overall very pleased and would definitely return.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Room was listed for 5 adults, but only set up for 4, had to pay for a roll out bed and that bed needed to be updated, felt springs. Blankets for pull out and roll in were hard and uncomfortable, ones on king bed were soft, not sure why they weren’t the same. Shower doors need to be frosted so more than one person can be in room at a time.

Very clean. Staff very accommodating. Good choices for breakfast.

Overall it was a good stay.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

It sounded like someone was filling a bathtub full of water and draining it over and over again all night long in the room above us. We stayed in room #422. We called the front desk to let them know and they said they would investigate the problem. The noise never stopped.

As always this hotel EXCEEDS my expectations!

Everything was great-room/bathroom immaculately clean, bed very comfortable and I had a great view out my window! Love the pool and hot tub-very relaxing, and the breakfast (included!!) had a variety of hot foods, fruits and breads, muffins and bagels-perfect way to start the day!

Great hotel! Very comfortable. Great breakfast!
    • Queen Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The in hotel breakfast was fantastic but the adjacent restaurant wasn’t anything special.

Large room, well equipped with appliances. Luxurious bed, outstanding breakfast. Complimentary shuttle (5mile radius):

Clean, comfortable, with an Irish Pub attached!!!
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Needed a hotel to stay after we went to the Patriots game... Chose this hotel because Emmet’s Irish Pub is attached to hotel and we didn’t have to go outside in the bitter cold. The hotel was clean, comfortable with friendly staff.

Nice

That the price went up when I wanted to book again in two weeks

Nice place, tried to book a weekend in two weeks and was told to do that online, so I choose another Hampton in Stoughton because it was cheaper!

The room was quiet and very comfortable. The front desk staff were always pleasant.

Well the pool and Jacuzzi hours were a little odd. There were small children allowed in the Jacuzzi and it is not really good for them.

never had the eggs. As I love oatmeal and there was a full hot pot of it every morning. I enjoyed that !

Neighboring rooms people were very loud and disruptive for a...
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Neighboring rooms people were very loud and disruptive for a long period of time very late into the night and it appears no one did anything about it.

Impressed with room facilities and room comforts.

Breakfast area with food needs better lighting..too dark ...depressing...Need more of a selection. Fruit was gone and needed to be refilled.

Impressed with size of bathroom and conveniences...as well as room comforts. Always enjoy the available cookies at the end of the day.

Convenient location for going to Gillette Stadium and a great value for the money.

The room was very clean, especially the bathroom. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. I also liked the little extras like a coffeemaker, refrigerator, and non-slip soap in the shower. Plus breakfast is included, which is great. They had a nice little help-yourself buffet with hot and cold breakfast items and a large, comfortable seating area. The coffee was really good too!

Brought the kids there the only thing I wanted was the hot...
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Brought the kids there the only thing I wanted was the hot tub, and that was broken. The kids did not like that the pool was only 3 feet deep for a whole pool.

Very nice!

Wifi didn't work well in our room, kept dropping out. Hard to get to when driving on the other side of the street until I discovered the elevated traffic circle up the road.

Very clean, everything looked new and modern, breakfast was good, staff was very nice, bed was very comfortable, bathroom and shower were very nice!

The rooms (hotel?) were new.
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

It is quite far out of Boston but on a main road so easy to drive into town. I hate the fact that breakfast is served on disposable crockery etc. Quality of food is also questionable. All looked processed although there was some fresh fruit. The bathroom really needed a proper door. It was very stylish but if someone went to toilet at night the light would go on, lighting up the whole room There was a sliding door to the toilet but a sink area without a door.

The rooms (hotel?) were new. We had a lovely, comfortable king sized bed. The staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was ok. Had a laundry and a pool.

Memorial Day weekend, NCAA college lacrosse championship and...

Outside of the bed being soft, just killed my back. No complaints.

Memorial Day weekend, NCAA college lacrosse championship and there was a wedding party in the hotel! Breakfast was great, cut down on the cost of eating out. Room was on the end, which worked perfect for us, less foot traffic. Staff was great and responded quickly with an issue with the tv. Coffee available all day. There is a small snack bar by the check in counter which included little odds and ends. Also they were nice enough to have a notice of what is allowed and what is not allowed in the stadium (please read and save yourself the heartache at the gate)

Great hotel!
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The WIFI did not work. It was extremely slow and laggy. Continental breakfast had a great selection but the quality of the food could have been better.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The suite was large and clean. The bed was so comfortable!

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Very comfy beds, included breakfast offers good variety,...

The elevator needed cleaning. No possibility to insert the 'do not disturb sign' in de room door.

Very comfy beds, included breakfast offers good variety, large free parking. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

It was one of the largest Hampton Inns I had stayed it but...

It was one of the largest Hampton Inns I had stayed it but still have same feel of comfort and quality. Staff was very nice!! Breakfast with great selection.

Breakgast was very good compared to most free breakfast...
    • Queen Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Very disappointed pool was only open during limited hours and needed a life guard to be present. The hours didn't match our hockey schedule and kids were upset as pool was a main reason to stay at hotel. Fitted bed sheet kept coming off the mattress as it was to small. I spoke to staff and they claimed it was the only size available.

Breakgast was very good compared to most free breakfast offered by other hotels except hard boiled eggs were old.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Continental breakfast and spotless rooms

Pool was only open 5-10pm and I was not told ahead of time that I had to keep my cat in its crate at all times. Had to sign a document saying that if they found my cat out of crate they could take him.

Continental breakfast and spotless rooms

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Unable to sleep

Juice at breakfast was extremely watery--orange and cranberry. The pillows were small and very squishy--not at all supportive. I have painful, chronic migraines and so upon reserving the room, asked for a quiet room and we were given anything BUT. We were put in the room adjacent to the elevator where I heard constant high frequency dinging noises. When I mentioned it to a couple of employees they merely said that they were booked. Had I known that I would have stayed elsewhere!! And probably will next time. Up until this time, Hampton Inn was our go to hotel because of the quality and wonderful breakfast. Now I will be afraid to get stuck in a loud area unable to sleep again.

Breakfast was wonderful. There was plenty of room for everyone to sit. The room was nice. The bed was great. It wasn't difficult to find a parking spot.

Best Breakfast Lady

I wish the fitness center just had a single flat bench, that's all.

The woman in charge of breakfast was fantastic! Aside from just being very pleasant, she kept things immaculate and prepared the best breakfast ever!!! (Emphasis on the fresh fruit). Please give her a raise and we'll be back. Thanks so much Sincerely, Benjamin Hall

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

Great breakfast buffet in the morning.

No problems at all.

Great breakfast buffet in the morning. This is our preferred location for Patriots game weekends because of proximity to the stadium and Emmets Sports Bar.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

might probably visit again but would appreciate a future improvement

was dissapointed by the fact that the pool was open only afternoon. as a business traveler, I usually workout in the mornings before going to the office (as in the evenings we usually go to late dinners), since it was open so late it became not useful for me

breakfast was OK, had better but had also worst

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Excellent stay in a small town

In going construction

The bed was extremely comfy, breakfast was delicious and catered for all diets (gluten free included). There was construction going on and signs could have prevented some wayward wandering but overall my stay was pleasant. The shuttle to the commuter rail station into Boston was helpful.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Worst stay..wouldn't come back

Construction going on.didn't know when booked..couldn't use pool.and restaurant closed Saturday and couldn't eat

The hot breakfast was the only good thing

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

The receptionist was very nice and friendly, unfortunately I...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Roll In Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

That the pool hours are inconsistent and inaccurately posted.

The receptionist was very nice and friendly, unfortunately I guess the pool closes early on Sunday's, something not posted on the website and was the reason we booked the room!

I was satisfied with the overall stay.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

I didn't like the fact that when I asked the housekeeper for clean towels she indicated to me in a very rude way that I would have to wait. she then went on to speak French and made gestures with her hands.......very unprofessional and certainly not up holding the quality of services that is expected of this establishment.

I was satisfied with the overall stay......

It was good overall !
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The hot tub was not hot it was warm/cold . The bathroom tub was not very clean . I wanted to take a bubble bath and did not because of the poor cleaning of the tub.

I loved the breakfast ! I loved the bed ! Big && comfy ! Very comfortable . Spacious room !

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Convenient location to Gillette stadium and friendly staff!

More elevators

Loved the location in relation to Gillette stadium (where we were going). Loved the kithe netted area in our room. Felt so roomy and comfortable! Also loved the breakfast in the AM until 10am - and that the time was clearly posted. We've gone another Hampton Inn where breakfast ended at 9am and byou 830am most food was removed leaving us with barely anything to eat. Food was hot and ready until at least 10am during this stay. Kitchen staff were friendly and patient. Great flow and set up.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Always love your breakfast, although an egg dish option...

Couldn't adjust the thermostat lower than 65. Way too hot for those thick comforters. Tried just the sheet, but that was too cold. Didn't get much sleep.

Always love your breakfast, although an egg dish option without meat would have been nice for my daughter who's a vegetarian

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Hampton inn hotel when you want to live like a baller on a budget

The eggs and hard sausage

The bed and pillows were everything. The food was half and half. But the staff the hotel room location was perfect. Yes I will always stay at Hampton inn. I stayed in Orlando I stayed in philly and now Boston. I love this hotel And recommend it always

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

overpriced

we booked thru booking.com room was way overpriced . if unable to deal with reservations directly thru hotel would try someplace else

staff was excellent

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

TV didn't work, thought for for price I would have been able to extend my check out for 1 hr and was told they only had 15 and I was out of luck.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Nice place but not very practical

Cons: * Mattress was too soft, borderline uncomfortable * Scrambled eggs at breakfast were awful, didn't taste like any eggs I've ever tasted before, more like fluffy cardboard, must be something powdered or artificial - thankfully, they had some good hard boiled eggs for real sustenance * Bath towels were kept in a stylish rack over the toilet - not near the shower, and there was no towel bar near the shower even though there was plenty of wall space. (nice look but not practical) * No refrigerator in room - when traveling it's nice to be able to keep things cold for the next leg of the journey, so this was missed * Although this was a nice place, I would probably stay somewhere else next time

Pros: * Staff was very friendly and helpful * Location was convenient * Rooms were in great condition, stylish

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

Clean hotel with great location

The hotel lost wifi for at least 14 hours while we were there and the staff pretty much said there was nothing they could do about it because ATT wasn't responding. Not sure how long it lasted because we checked out.

Very clean and great location. Our hair dryer did not work and a repairman came right up and replaced it.

Bed was comfortable.

Shower did not work very well. Breakfast area was over crowded.

Bed was comfortable.

Clean and comfortable.

The pool was only open after 5:00 pm ! This is not good for kids!

Clean and comfortable.

Nice place and value

Street location

Clean

Good location.

Good location. The staff and amenities were great

Shower didn't work on day 2

Shower didn't work on day 2

Good size comfy room

Terrible breakfast , the worst I have seen at a hotel for years!

Good size room and bathroom with all the needed amenities.

Great location! Slept well and had plenty of food choices right there.

Loved the walk in shower and spacious bathroom.

Other than the above, excellent.

Shower was very slippery. Should have shower mat.

Excellent service and wonderful stay
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The beds were amazing and confortable... front desk staff excellent... especially Alison.... breakfast super delicious and Maria was wonderful.

Thank you. We had a wonderful stay. Will see you again.

Hotel staff was very nice. Room very clean and comfortable. The on site restaurant was equally wonderful with a great staff.

Dan's review

Clean

Large

Those cinnamon bun bites were amazing!

Those cinnamon bun bites were amazing! And the coffee was excellent

Average for my whole stay

The small in the hall way

The hall way smalled bad, food could of been better with better options for children

The room was huge I loved it

The room was huge I loved it

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Nothing was wrong in my stay

Everything was great best hotel

Enjoyed this hotel and would recommend and stay again

Pillows could be a bit firmer

Rooms were modern and clean!

great location dated property

was very dated from the rooms to the general appearance

location was great for us

People were friendly

The breakfast food was really awful.

People were friendly

Good option for budget traveling if all other places are booked
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Disgusting food, boring interior design. Clueless staff

Comfortable sleeping. Easy check in/ check out

The shower door didn't stay closed

The shower door didn't stay closed

I was treated amazingly by the front desk staff !!

The Staff was amazing ! Front desk

The staff is always courteous and eager to help.

The staff is always courteous and eager to help.

It could have been better
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Bathroom was not clean there was hair in the shower and it looked like someone smeared something on the bathroom wall nasty

Relaxing

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

It was a very relaxing night.

Ice machine didn’t work

Room design and cleanliness

Perfect except the wifi on my computer that was not stable...

Perfect except the wifi on my computer that was not stable in my room. Was working well on my iphone/ipad.

Great (free) breakfast!